PDA

View Full Version : What Now For The Bulls?

Lakers4ItAll
07-08-2010, 09:48 PM
Now that Lebron signed in Miami what can the Bulls do besides get Boozer to help compete?

effen5
07-08-2010, 09:49 PM
we need shooters and i think we will be solid

northsider
07-08-2010, 09:50 PM
Hire a Russian scientist to reverse Jordans age.

JordansBulls
07-08-2010, 09:51 PM
Mcgrady

HouRealCoach
07-08-2010, 09:52 PM
Kapono, Mike Miller, James Jones, Will Bynum, Resign Brad...

AllTimeBest
07-08-2010, 09:52 PM
The Bulls are going to be fine. I didn't know that the Bulls led the NBA in rebounds last year. Found that out on the show tonight. Adding Boozer is going to make that post game dominant for the Bulls. If they can find some shooters at SG and SF through free agency, then they will be fine.

Will they be favorites for an NBA championship? No

Are they capable of beating anyone in a game? Yes

cubulls
07-08-2010, 09:53 PM
Korver, Mike Miller, Morrow, Ronnie Brewer, and/or JJ Redick.

BullsFan_1
07-08-2010, 09:53 PM
We're all but guaranteed the central with the team we have right now.

gbpackers12
07-08-2010, 09:54 PM
Cleveland lost Lebron, the Bulls didn't. Chicago will be fine, Cleveland probably won't be.

LionBryan
07-08-2010, 09:55 PM
Trade for Rip Hamilton. Have a top 3 PG and a top 3 rebounder. Eliminate the Heat.

koreancabbage
07-08-2010, 09:57 PM
still a good team, but not 2 superstars and 1 all-star team good.

AllTimeBest
07-08-2010, 09:58 PM
Boozer, Rose, and Noah is pretty close to 2 superstars and 1 all-star. And they have a better cast then that 2 superstar/1 all-star in Miami.

JordansBulls
07-08-2010, 09:59 PM
Trade for Rip Hamilton. Have a top 3 PG and a top 3 rebounder. Eliminate the Heat.

Rip is one of the most overhyped players in the league.

JerseysFinest
07-08-2010, 10:00 PM
As a NJ fan, the Bulls are an opponent. But theres no doubt in my mind that they are a talented and strong team without LeBron, and I think they'll be fine and make the right moves. I wish them the best

Aapox
07-08-2010, 10:00 PM
As a Bulls fan, we obviously NEED a shooting guard who can shoot the three well. As well as forcing Luol Deng to shooting the three instead of the effing 20-foot 2-pointer.

No Rip Hamilton. Not a good enough 3 shooter and too expensive. Ray Allen would have been perfect, but he's gone. I really don't know now.

Lakers4ItAll
07-08-2010, 10:01 PM
I think Bulls should resign Flip Murry then go after Korver and Morrow and maybe even JJ

Gators123
Derrick Rose is one of the most overhyped players in the league.

Fixed

effen5
Fixed

Fail

zambo4president
07-08-2010, 10:03 PM
The Bulls will be fine. We lost Kirk, but added Boozer. Still got money to really solidify the bench. Let's knock the Heat off.

JasonJohnHorn
07-08-2010, 10:03 PM
The Bulls have a great team. Boozer is a great addition, they have a potential franchise player in Rose, a solid front court rotation, and next year there is no reason they should be able to contend is with the 'Dream Team' in Miami. They could use a little scoring punch off the bench on the wing, like they had with Gordon, but there are guys on the marker who can spread the floor with a long range shot like Krover.

Bulls fans, James or no, have every reason to be excited about the future of this team.

zambo4president
07-08-2010, 10:05 PM
I think Bulls should resign Flip Murry then go after Korver and Morrow and maybe even JJ

Flip's great coming off the bench I agree with that, had NO idea Morrow was a FA he'd be a nice pickup. JJ's okay. Id be fine with anyone you just listed.

phlp_bj
07-08-2010, 10:05 PM
i wouldn't mind q-rich if he was cheap

heattiltheend94
07-08-2010, 10:06 PM
Chicago will be around a 5 seed in east, but I feel bad for Cleveland and I'm a heat fan

Slimsim
07-08-2010, 10:07 PM
Bulls are going to be a top 3 team.

mikantsass
07-08-2010, 10:08 PM
Boozer, Rose, and Noah is pretty close to 2 superstars and 1 all-star. And they have a better cast then that 2 superstar/1 all-star in Miami.

Except for the fact that they have a combined 3 all star appearances between them.

violetuniverse
congrats heat fan. it shocked me

FUKudomeYOMOMMA
-redick FTW... bring all the dukies to the bulls... keep pargo very far away

camador22
07-08-2010, 10:10 PM
They could just replace Lebron with JJ Redick.

LA_Raiders
07-08-2010, 10:10 PM
steal players from Miami...get all FAs available lol same for NY, Orl & Bos

Revolu7i9n
07-08-2010, 10:11 PM

this

Revolu7i9n
steal players from Miami...get all FAs available lol same for NY, Orl & Bos

lol perfect

redwhitenblue
Except for the fact that they have a combined 3 all star appearances between them.
Boozer is all-star quality play (20/10), Rose has only been in the league 2 years. It's not like they each have 6-7 years in the league like the other three do.

Anyways, the Bulls are a top 5 team in the EC. Depending on how these teams are built up the rest of the way, they could move up.

Orlando, Miami, Boston, Chicago, Atlanta in no particular order

koreancabbage
07-08-2010, 10:14 PM

not even close. Wade and Lebron can be considered one of the best players on any given night.. not Boozer Rose are NOT superstars.... you gotta be kidding me- they are just all-stars at best.

Pauleboman
07-08-2010, 10:14 PM
Trade for a 3 pt shooter.Ben Gordon

mikantsass
07-08-2010, 10:16 PM
Boozer is all-star quality play (20/10), Rose has only been in the league 2 years. It's not like they each have 6-7 years in the league like the other three do.

Anyways, the Bulls are a top 5 team in the EC. Depending on how these teams are built up the rest of the way, they could move up.

Boozer has been in the league 8 yrs.... And throw in the Bucks as long as Bogut is healthy

Angry Norwegian
07-08-2010, 10:17 PM
What's next? Embarass LeBron.

xabial
07-08-2010, 10:17 PM
You were led the league in rebounding last year. And you got Boozer. You guys, shouldnt worry.

dre1990
07-08-2010, 10:18 PM
get a time machine and re-sign Ben Gordan

astrotown
07-08-2010, 10:19 PM
Andre Igudola would be awesome

redwhitenblue
07-08-2010, 10:19 PM
Boozer has been in the league 8 yrs.... And throw in the Bucks as long as Bogut is healthy
And Noah and Rose combine for 5...as I said, it's not like all have been in the league for a half dozen years.

For the next few years, Rose will be improving (and Noah may as well).

I think the Bucks are below those teams, I'm fairly confident in that actually.

Pauleboman
07-08-2010, 10:21 PM
not even close. Wade and Lebron can be considered one of the best players on any given night.. not Boozer Rose are NOT superstars.... you gotta be kidding me- they are just all-stars at best.

:down: Rose will be the best pg in the league so zip it.Boozer is 20&10 and the Bulls will stomp on your h****.

Kyben36
07-08-2010, 10:24 PM
3pt shooting SG, see if we cant get an upgrade for Deng, though its unlikely. we should probably trade rose now, JK. but as long as we can get something like 3pt shooting Guard we should be at least a top 5 team in the east.

dtmagnet
07-08-2010, 10:26 PM
:down: Rose will be the best pg in the league so zip it.Boozer is 20&10 and the Bulls will stomp on your h****.

No he won't and no they won't.

D-Block21-Chito
07-08-2010, 10:26 PM
What about raja bell?

upt_
07-08-2010, 10:29 PM
Mcgrady

I would LOVE that. Hoping he's healthy.. he could be very very lethal.

mpballer92
07-08-2010, 10:31 PM
This isn't necesserily a big loss for the Bulls.
They have a great team in place for next season with a lot of hope to look forward to.

Rose and Noah are both young and have a ton of upside. Especially Derrick Rose, IMO in time he will be considered a top 5 pg in the NBA (and thats saying a lot with the number of great pg's out there) he has the skills, determination and athletisicm to meet these standards and he's already off on a great start. Same goes with Noah, a promising defensive center who has already began to put up the numbers in which he is expected of. They should only get better and he should only become a more bigger presence in the Bulls paint..
These two great players to go along with newly acquired all-star PF. Carlos Boozer, wow... that's a pretty damn good start.
All they could use is another solid wingman...just not nessecerily a LeBron James.

0nekhmer
07-08-2010, 10:32 PM
you guys are still in top position to get into the conference finals

The Smurf
07-08-2010, 10:37 PM
Mcgrady

Enough already. :mad:

dastar1949
07-08-2010, 10:41 PM
Has everyone forgot about defense?
sign Shaq 5M= big body & still can give some pts.
sign Brewer 5M= love his D him & Deng will shut down alot of Lebrons etc.
JJ Reddick 5M = outside scoring of bench

Master Mind
07-08-2010, 10:42 PM
Hire a Russian scientist to reverse Jordans age.

:laugh:

Sadds The Gr8
07-08-2010, 10:43 PM
I would talk trash about the Bulls not getting LBJ but we just lost Bosh so I'd already lose that argument

gbpackers12
07-08-2010, 10:43 PM
Agreed

Fixed

35th&Shields
07-08-2010, 10:47 PM
I haven't heard this guys name around here yet, but what about Josh Childress. I understand he's still restricted to the Hawks, but they certainly not gonna match anthing considering all the money they threw at JJ.

Southsideheat
07-08-2010, 10:49 PM
1) Brewer and Deng on the wings, defensively would be dobermans and shut down guys.
2) Boozer and Noah on the block, try getting a rebound against these guys.
3) Dynamic point guard that cannot be guarded.

could be one of the more intriguing teams in the NBA.

td0tsfinest
07-08-2010, 10:51 PM
Cleveland lost Lebron, the Bulls didn't. Chicago will be fine, Cleveland probably won't be.

Cleveland is really the big loser of this off-season. I couldn't even imagine how Cavs fans feel right now.

dastar1949
07-08-2010, 10:51 PM
Matt Barnes? He's got some BIG D
from NBA.com
gotta like his intensity and aggressiveness on defense. He gets up in your face to play fly-paper defense, rebounds beyond his stature and takes the floor every night with an attitude like somebody just kicked his puppy.His motor is always running hot. He's the kind of tough-guy role player that every playoff contender likes to have.
he made 1.6M last year maybe 3M ?

90sbest
07-08-2010, 10:59 PM
Has everyone forgot about defense?
sign Shaq 5M= big body & still can give some pts.
sign Brewer 5M= love his D him & Deng will shut down alot of Lebrons etc.
JJ Reddick 5M = outside scoring of bench

Don't need Shaq. On board with everything else.

DamnGoat
07-08-2010, 11:00 PM
Bulls need a starting SG and a backup. We still have plenty of cap room to get both or enough assets to make a move if something comes up. At least we didn't trade Deng before the whole LeBron thing or else we'd have 2 holes to fill.

I'd be happy with Mike Miller and Ronnie Brewer if it's financially possible (and it should be).

D1JM
07-08-2010, 11:02 PM
does lebron have a statue in Cleveland? cuz its going down like suddam hussein

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wss_urnuB7o

SeoulBeatz
07-08-2010, 11:03 PM
T-Mac :)

Tyking4
07-08-2010, 11:03 PM
There's a few problems with tonight.

1st Being us Bulls fans it's not the end of the world we still have a top 5 team. Relax. We have a great young team. We have Derrick Rose, who in my honest opinion can become a great point guard. Who can give us about 20 points a game. 5 rebound, and 9 assists. We have Center in Noah would gives you a 15/10ish next year. We have Carlos Boozer who gives you a 20/10. We have a Loul Deng who's gonna give you 20/5. We gonna grab a SG, who can nail the three's. That's a complete team. We have the money to bring in some great bench players and that SG. We're gonna have a great team.

2nd Heat Fans and all of the bandwagon fans they just got no ones jealous of your team. There's no reason to begin this debate with that. It's just not gonna end well. So Please stop, it's just a game.

3rd Lebron just ****ed over a huge city. Now everyone has to give some respect to the city of Cleveland, and their sports fan.

4th The Miami Heat has a great starting line-up, Amazing some will say. But, the key word is starting. These players have an average of what 35 minutes a game. That leaves a good 13 minutes, and that also says that they won't all be on the court at the same time. The Bench is a huge part of winning teams. To have a record breaking season you need a Bench to hold that lead. What happens if one of those players get hurts? You go from Great to Good. What about the two other positons? The PG and Center? Yes, you do need five people on the court at once, not just three. I mean there are flaws, don't get me wrong the Heat have a FANTASTIC team. Easily, top 3 of the East. But, they're not the Dream team.

5th I lost a lot of respect for LeBron James tonight. I think most of the league did too. I still like him as a basketball player, but as a person I don't. I hope the Heat burn and fail. But, they won't. They'll be good, just I don't know how good yet.

Aussy4GM
07-08-2010, 11:11 PM

Boozer Puts the bulls over the Celtics. again a year older. Boozer stops all garnett scoring and rondo isnt getting by rose boozer and noah to the basket. sorry

redwhitenblue
07-08-2010, 11:12 PM
Boozer Puts the bulls over the Celtics. again a year older. Boozer stops all garnett scoring and rondo isnt getting by rose boozer and noah to the basket. sorry
Notice I said in no particular order?

Without knowing the rest of the Bulls roster, I can't say that.

xelalex
07-08-2010, 11:14 PM
I think they should go after T-Mac or work out a deal for Gilbert Arenas

Silent
07-08-2010, 11:14 PM
reddick or morrow
sign tmac
korver
bmiller

29$JerZ
07-08-2010, 11:15 PM
Chicago needs to take every shooter on the market, not just for Miami to have nothing but they literally have no outside shooters except Deng.

gocubs2118
07-08-2010, 11:18 PM
Chicago needs to take every shooter on the market, not just for Miami to have nothing but they literally have no outside shooters except Deng.

Deng is not an outside shooter. We have no outside shooting period.

redwhitenblue
07-08-2010, 11:18 PM
Rose is a great outside shooter. (unless you're talking 3 pt, in that case, I'd only look for 1 main guy with a lesser bench guy)

showtym24
07-08-2010, 11:21 PM
Save your money for melo?

97NYer
07-08-2010, 11:25 PM
Bulls are in a good spot if they land some shooters. What now for the Knicks? MELO!

nolin
07-08-2010, 11:26 PM
Mcgrady

I finally agree with you JB its time to go get Tmac. and hope he can get himself back in shape

Draco
07-08-2010, 11:29 PM

Good idea.. Prokhorov, Dolan and Reinsdorf should hold a summit and agree to sign every worthwhile free agent they can get their hands on.

D1JM
07-08-2010, 11:30 PM
Open Letter to Fans from Cavaliers Majority Owner Dan Gilbert
Print RSS Cavs Insider Discuss
Dear Cleveland, All Of Northeast Ohio and Cleveland Cavaliers Supporters Wherever You May Be Tonight;

As you now know, our former hero, who grew up in the very region that he deserted this evening, is no longer a Cleveland Cavalier.

This was announced with a several day, narcissistic, self-promotional build-up culminating with a national TV special of his "decision" unlike anything ever "witnessed" in the history of sports and probably the history of entertainment.

Clearly, this is bitterly disappointing to all of us.

The good news is that the ownership team and the rest of the hard-working, loyal, and driven staff over here at your hometown Cavaliers have not betrayed you nor NEVER will betray you.

There is so much more to tell you about the events of the recent past and our more than exciting future. Over the next several days and weeks, we will be communicating much of that to you.

You simply don't deserve this kind of cowardly betrayal.

You have given so much and deserve so much more.

In the meantime, I want to make one statement to you tonight:

"I PERSONALLY GUARANTEE THAT THE CLEVELAND CAVALIERS WILL WIN AN NBA CHAMPIONSHIP BEFORE THE SELF-TITLED FORMER ‘KING’ WINS ONE"

You can take it to the bank.

If you thought we were motivated before tonight to bring the hardware to Cleveland, I can tell you that this shameful display of selfishness and betrayal by one of our very own has shifted our "motivation" to previously unknown and previously never experienced levels.

Some people think they should go to heaven but NOT have to die to get there.

Sorry, but that's simply not how it works.

This shocking act of disloyalty from our home grown "chosen one" sends the exact opposite lesson of what we would want our children to learn. And "who" we would want them to grow-up to become.

But the good news is that this heartless and callous action can only serve as the antidote to the so-called "curse" on Cleveland, Ohio.

The self-declared former "King" will be taking the "curse" with him down south. And until he does "right" by Cleveland and Ohio, James (and the town where he plays) will unfortunately own this dreaded spell and bad karma.

Just watch.

Sleep well, Cleveland.

Tomorrow is a new and much brighter day....

I PROMISE you that our energy, focus, capital, knowledge and experience will be directed at one thing and one thing only:

DELIVERING YOU the championship you have long deserved and is long overdue....

Dan Gilbert
Majority Owner
Cleveland Cavaliers

http://www.nba.com/cavaliers/news/gilbert_letter_100708.html

Draco
07-08-2010, 11:31 PM
Dear Cleveland, All Of Northeast Ohio and Cleveland Cavaliers Supporters Wherever You May Be Tonight;

As you now know, our former hero, who grew up in the very region that he deserted this evening, is no longer a Cleveland Cavalier.

This was announced with a several day, narcissistic, self-promotional build-up culminating with a national TV special of his "decision" unlike anything ever "witnessed" in the history of sports and probably the history of entertainment.

The good news is that the ownership team and the rest of the hard-working, loyal, and driven staff over here at your hometown Cavaliers have not betrayed you nor NEVER will betray you.

There is so much more to tell you about the events of the recent past and our more than exciting future. Over the next several days and weeks, we will be communicating much of that to you.

"I PERSONALLY GUARANTEE THAT THE CLEVELAND CAVALIERS WILL WIN AN NBA CHAMPIONSHIP BEFORE THE SELF-TITLED FORMER ‘KING’ WINS ONE"

If you thought we were motivated before tonight to bring the hardware to Cleveland, I can tell you that this shameful display of selfishness and betrayal by one of our very own has shifted our "motivation" to previously unknown and previously never experienced levels.

This shocking act of disloyalty from our home grown "chosen one" sends the exact opposite lesson of what we would want our children to learn. And "who" we would want them to grow-up to become.

But the good news is that this heartless and callous action can only serve as the antidote to the so-called "curse" on Cleveland, Ohio.

The self-declared former "King" will be taking the "curse" with him down south. And until he does "right" by Cleveland and Ohio, James (and the town where he plays) will unfortunately own this dreaded spell and bad karma.

Just watch.

Sleep well, Cleveland.

I PROMISE you that our energy, focus, capital, knowledge and experience will be directed at one thing and one thing only:

Dan Gilbert
Majority Owner
Cleveland Cavaliers

You should post this in the thread asking whether they'll retire Lebrons jersey.. hah.

mark1125
07-08-2010, 11:32 PM
I hate the Bulls with a passion, but it's not the end of the world. I think they are the 4/5 best team in the east. With Cleveland now in the crapper, Detroit and Indiana rebuilding, they really only have the Bucks to deal with.

As much as I hate the Bulls, I would love to see them beat Miami, LeFavre, and all thr frontrunner fans the Heat just picked up.

Aapox
07-08-2010, 11:33 PM

When did Boozer and Rose become such defensive specialists? Sorry, but you don't know what you're talking about. I do think we're better than the Cs though

redwhitenblue
07-08-2010, 11:34 PM
When did Boozer and Rose become such defensive specialists? Sorry, but you don't know what you're talking about. I do think we're better than the Cs though
Rose isn't a bad defender at all, and Thibs is a known defensive coach who should improve the overall defense.

barreleffact
07-08-2010, 11:38 PM
they should hold money for melo or try to trade for him now. also, they should sign korver or reddick

nico916
07-08-2010, 11:39 PM
they just need a shooter they are a good team with rose, boozer, noah, gibson, and even with deng. with just those five its a pretty good defensive team and last year they lead in rebounding plus boozer avg 11 rebounds a game. you guys got a really good year coming up now just add the shooting touch.

barreleffact
07-08-2010, 11:40 PM

Just watch.

Sleep well, Cleveland.

Dan Gilbert
Majority Owner
Cleveland Cavaliers

he sounds pretty dumb but hey... anything is possible:rolleyes:
personally, im ashamed of cleveland. lebron may have drawn this event out but he wasnt mascarading this whole time. he was more quiet than ive seen him in a long time. also, he doesnt owe cleveland nor any fan anything. those former fans arent worthy of him to turn on their hometown guy for wanting to better his life and career. its shameful

Aapox
07-08-2010, 11:41 PM
Rose isn't a bad defender at all

Yeah but he's not good either. Rajon will dice him on plenty of occasions.

Stunner
07-08-2010, 11:43 PM
Yeah but he's not good either. Rajon will dice him on plenty of occasions.

Ask Rose if Rondo can play any d on him lol.

Aapox
07-08-2010, 11:44 PM
Ask Rose if Rondo can play any d on him lol.

Exactly. Their both offensively talented PGs who could use a lot of improvement defensively.

xxxplicit69
07-08-2010, 11:45 PM
When need to get Melo.

DerekRE_3
07-08-2010, 11:45 PM

Rip Hamilton has hype right now? When did this happen?

frankn88
07-08-2010, 11:46 PM

I beg to differ....the BUCKS??? you really dont give them credit??
ouch your naive

AddiX
07-08-2010, 11:47 PM
Bulls will be an interesting team to watch develop. I have no idea what kind of system they will run with their current Roster and lack of shooters.

Kirk also was a really important piece that they no longer have. I never felt like they had the respect for Kirk he deserved.

SANDBURG23
07-08-2010, 11:49 PM
Deng is not an outside shooter. We have no outside shooting period.

He shoots 39% from 3pt, if that isn't a 3pt shooter, you must think only the top 5 are good.

ldc62
07-08-2010, 11:49 PM

When did Rose and Boozer become superstars (for non Bulls fans to answer)?
When did Noah last make an allstar team?

I learn so much from Bulls fans.

Stunner
07-08-2010, 11:51 PM

Rose is a star/all-star Boozer is a star/all-star Noah is a good role player/fringe all-star

redwhitenblue

If he didn't get a foot injury last year, he would've been an all star.

As a Bulls fan my first thought when he chose the Heat was that I felt bad for Cleveland. That's gotta suck.

ldc62
07-08-2010, 11:52 PM
Rose is a star/all-star Boozer is a star/all-star Noah is a good role player/fringe all-star

Exactly... I was replying to the guy that thought the Bulls had 2 superstars and 1 allstar.

Stunner
07-08-2010, 11:53 PM
Adam Morrison no joke role player

ldc62
07-08-2010, 11:53 PM
If he didn't get a foot injury last year, he would've been an all star.

Dwight, Bosh, Bogut, Horford, Lee, Garnett. Who would he make it over...

Dont get me wrong I do like his game.

IversonIsKrazy
07-08-2010, 11:54 PM
Noah/Boozer/Deng/?/Rose
Miller/Taj/JJ/?/?

The first thing they should do is lock-up Miller before Heat steal him away too.
Then sign shooters. And then finally sign a back-up PG, like Alston or TJ Ford

3RDASYSTEM
07-08-2010, 11:55 PM
Yall got like 19mil to spend, Chitown could be loaded by training camp

The Smurf

I am a Bulls fan. I will answer you, though. Rose has the potential to become a superstar. Noah has the potential to become an all star. Boozer is an all star, but not a superstar. That assessment of us currently having 2 superstars and one star is biased nonsense.

What exactly is a superstar anyways? Meaning...what are the requirements to differentiate between a superstar and an all-star?

My opinion not really knowing what the requirements are to be a superstar is that Rose soon will be a superstar because I believe he'll be an all-star starter at some point in the near future. To me that constitutes a superstar. I agree Boozer and Noah are all-star caliber.

chitowncubears1
07-08-2010, 11:58 PM
I hate the Bulls with a passion, but it's not the end of the world. I think they are the 4/5 best team in the east. With Cleveland now in the crapper, Detroit and Indiana rebuilding, they really only have the Bucks to deal with.

As much as I hate the Bulls, I would love to see them beat Miami, LeFavre, and all thr frontrunner fans the Heat just picked up.

Still can't let go of the past? when the bulls beat your team in the playoffs during the 90's??

redwhitenblue
07-08-2010, 11:59 PM
Dwight, Bosh, Bogut, Horford, Lee, Garnett. Who would he make it over...

Dont get me wrong I do like his game.
Those are a lot of nice PF's.

Only Dwight and Bogut are C's.

07-09-2010, 12:00 AM

My thoughts exactly. Also, Lee is in the West now.

ldc62
07-09-2010, 12:00 AM

Lee played C, same with Horford. IMO Noah is better than Al, but theres still a lot of bigs who could make it over him.

D1JM
07-09-2010, 12:02 AM
who cares what we do, we aint bandwagon fans like the heat. We are still going to stick with the bulls. For all i care we can get scalabrine and hype him like the next bill russell, who gives a ****

The Smurf
07-09-2010, 12:07 AM
who cares what we do, we aint bandwagon fans like the heat. We are still going to stick with the bulls. For all i care we can get scalabrine and hype him like the next bill russell, who gives a ****

this is ********. If you are a true fan you care about the moves your team makes. I dont sit around and watch every Cubs game, but I have been a fan my whole life. I am just not stupid enough to waste my time watching garbage. Of course you are gonna root your team on, but I think it is safe to say that most Bulls fans care about what moves we make.

Evolution23
kyle korver

Aapox
He shoots 39% from 3pt, if that isn't a 3pt shooter, you must think only the top 5 are good.

You have no idea what you're talking about. But if you're going to be a stats guy, check FGM/FGA not just the percentage.

stuckinMJsHADOW
id love to see TMAC or arenas

BkOriginalOne
Shooters.
They need outside shooting from the bench and stating lineup.

Korver will get a call.

I think they have a shot at a finding a nice starting two as well.

Tmac and Iverson may get the calls.

D1JM
07-09-2010, 12:08 AM
this is ********. If you are a true fan you care about the moves your team makes. I dont sit around and watch every Cubs game, but I have been a fan my whole life. I am just not stupid enough to waste my time watching garbage. Of course you are gonna root your team on, but I think it is safe to say that most Bulls fans care about what moves we make.

its a joke come on.

Stunner
07-09-2010, 12:08 AM

yup

The Smurf
07-09-2010, 12:16 AM
its a joke come on.

You would not make the top 10 of last comic standing with sarcasm that doesnt have the slightest hint of sarcasm attached to it. But, I will give you one more try. Give us your best joke.

SANDBURG23
07-09-2010, 12:22 AM
You have no idea what you're talking about. But if you're going to be a stats guy, check FGM/FGA not just the percentage.

39% is not good, and I have no idea what I'm talking about. You funny. Deng last year was expetced to go inside more than he will this year with Boozer. Boozer will also open up space for better looks at basket.

Plus he shot 83 3pt's last year. If you look at his percantage and amount taken it's gone up each of the last 4 years. 83 shots is also enough to know if you can shoot them or not.

Dont get offened when people point out what you said is incorrect with stats and back it up. No need to attack just look at and learn from your mistakes. Before you say someone is a bad shooter actually look it up to see if your right.

hugepatsfan
07-09-2010, 12:23 AM
Shooting. That's all they need. A combo guard off the bench (who can shoot). A starting SG (who can shoot). Bring back Brad Miller (he can shoot). Add a backup wing (guess what he needs to be able to do).

CubsFanBudMan#1
07-09-2010, 12:24 AM
Ben Gordon would be a perfect fit now, we had to go for it all though and i can't blame the front office for that.

hugepatsfan
07-09-2010, 12:24 AM
39% is not good, and I have no idea what I'm talking about. You funny. Deng last year was expetced to go inside more than he will this year with Boozer. Boozer will also open up space for better looks at basket.

Plus he shot 83 3pt's last year. If you look at his percantage and amount taken it's gone up each of the last 4 years. 83 shots is also enough to know if you can shoot them or not.

Dont get offened when people point out what you said is incorrect with stats and back it up. No need to attack just look at and learn from your mistakes. Before you say someone is a bad shooter actually look it up to see if your right.

This is 100% false. One 3 pointer a game is not a shooter. He is a good player, but he's not a shooter. If he's unbelievably wide open, he'll take a 3. Other than that, he can's shoot from deep.

effen5
07-09-2010, 12:25 AM
Ben Gordon would be a perfect fit now, we had to go for it all though and i can't blame the front office for that.

Yeah hes sure worth that money

:facepalm:

SANDBURG23
07-09-2010, 12:35 AM
This is 100% false. One 3 pointer a game is not a shooter. He is a good player, but he's not a shooter. If he's unbelievably wide open, he'll take a 3. Other than that, he can's shoot from deep.

Once again the % and amount of shoots has gone up each of the last 4 years. It's at 39% now, that is the kind of stats that a player devloping a good 3pt shot would have. Bigest increase last 2 years from Rose opening up more, maybe. Booxer only opens up more.

Yo guys are funny just Deng haters that can't except he ani't the stud they wanted when he was drafted, but he pretty good.

Los bulls
07-09-2010, 01:07 AM
If we can sign someone like anthony morrow to start at sg and mike miller that can come of the bench to sub at sg and sf we can still be super solid and deeper...these guys are pure shooters morrow gives us youth to add to our young core and miller gives us experience.

D-Block21-Chito
07-09-2010, 01:12 AM
One word "Morrow"

6"5 210 lbs in 2 years in only and this is last year's stats

fg% 47
3pt% 46
ppg- 13

I love it.

D-Block21-Chito
07-09-2010, 01:14 AM
If we can sign someone like anthony morrow to start at sg and mike miller that can come of the bench to sub at sg and sf we can still be super solid and deeper...these guys are pure shooters morrow gives us youth to add to our young core and miller gives us experience.

lol i just saw your post. Was thinking same thing bro

OT Thriller
07-09-2010, 01:38 AM
If the Bulls got Reddick, T-Mac or both, they would be a very solid team. I feel both these players could make a name for themselves on this roster.

dabears2010
07-09-2010, 01:52 AM

The Bulls have 2 "Superstars" (Rose and Boozer) and at least 2 "all-star caliber players (Noah and Deng). Gibson was just a rookie last year and still averaged 9 ppg, .9 apg, 1.27 bpg, 7.5 rpg, 65 FT%, 49 FG% in only 26.9 mpg. He played all 82 games.

redwhitenblue
07-09-2010, 01:54 AM
I'm excited to see the Bulls frontcourt. For the first time in a long time it's going to be the strength IMO. Noah, Boozer and Gibson (with a little more playing time) could all average a double-double. Noah and Boozer both did last year and Gibson (as stated above) average 9+PPG and 7.5 RPG in just 27 MPG as a rookie.

dabears2010
07-09-2010, 01:58 AM

I suppose you say that Korver can't shoot either by that stupid statement. Korver had a 54% from 3 point range last year, but only shot 110 in 52 games. And shooting an average of 1 per game isn't bad at all. It's not like Deng ONLY shot 3's. He would drive to the basket, shoot 15 footers, and shoot the dreaded 2 pointers with 1/2 a foot over the 3 point line. If he learned to just take a 1/2 step back, he would have many more 3's.

JiffyMix88
07-09-2010, 02:11 AM
i say we go after michael redd there's no way he could be injuried for 3/4 years straight the streak has to end eventually

redwhitenblue
07-09-2010, 02:12 AM
i say we go after michael redd there's no way he could be injuried for 3/4 years straight the streak has to end eventually
I'd rather look to trade for someone with a little better injury history.

Rip Hamilton, Monta Ellis.

Of course, we don't have a ton to trade right now.

JiffyMix88
07-09-2010, 02:16 AM
I'd rather look to trade for someone with a little better injury history.

Rip Hamilton, Monta Ellis.

Of course, we don't have a ton to trade right now.

I don't mind RIP because he's good at coming of screens and shooting but he's not really known for his three pointers and as much as I love Monta Ellis I have to say no just because his style of play. I say we should take a chance on Michael Redd(a.k.a. Ray Allen 2.0) and sign him to 1 year contract if possible.

redwhitenblue
07-09-2010, 02:17 AM
I don't mind RIP because he's good at coming of screens and shooting but he's not really known for his three pointers and as much as I love Monta Ellis I have to say no just because his style of play. I say we should take a chance on Michael Redd(a.k.a. Ray Allen 2.0) and sign him to 1 year contract if possible.
Rumor is he won't be ready to start the season, no thank you.

The Raven
07-09-2010, 02:18 AM
you guys still have a future star in rose and an all star coming in so im sure you guys will be fine

JiffyMix88
07-09-2010, 02:20 AM
you guys still have a future star in rose and an all star coming in so im sure you guys will be fine

yeah we'll be fine as far as winning 50 games but I really don't see us winning a championship within the next 5-6 years

redwhitenblue
07-09-2010, 02:23 AM
yeah we'll be fine as far as winning 50 games but I really don't see us winning a championship within the next 5-6 years
Why? Do you think the Heat are going to win the next 5-6 championships?

The Bulls have a solid young core, which is going to improve as they rise to their peaks, there is absolutely no reason to think they can't compete for a championship soon.

Draco
07-09-2010, 02:26 AM
Why? Do you think the Heat are going to win the next 5-6 championships?

The Bulls have a solid young core, which is going to improve as they rise to their peaks, there is absolutely no reason to think they can't compete for a championship soon.

Not necessarily, but that doesn't mean we're getting past the Heat.

BigBlueTopper
07-09-2010, 02:31 AM
I think they should go after some combination of Ronnie Brewer/Richard Jefferson, JJ Redick/Anthony Morrow and a backup PG like Raymond Felton or Luke Ridnour. If the Bulls are able to acquire some mixture of guys like that, to go along with Carlos Boozer, I think Bulls fans should be very happy with the Free Agent period, even though they didn't get LeBron James.

redwhitenblue
07-09-2010, 02:35 AM
Still not a reason at all to say we won't win anything in the next 5-6 years.

The Celtics are on the last hoorah, the Magic aren't as dominant as some believe, I don't see another team with the potential of the Bulls.

nanablvd
07-09-2010, 02:37 AM
Prevent the Heat from getting Mike Miller by offering Miller more than what the Heat can offer, making Miller make his decision. The Bulls need shooters and Miller is the best option available. That's one alternative I can think of for the Bulls.

vancitysfinest
07-09-2010, 02:37 AM
Quentin Richardson would be a good addition to the team imo

Draco
07-09-2010, 02:39 AM
Still not a reason at all to say we won't win anything in the next 5-6 years.

The Celtics are on the last hoorah, the Magic aren't as dominant as some believe, I don't see another team with the potential of the Bulls.

If we somehow beat the Heat or got around them there's still the WC.. and OKC has a lot of potential.

redwhitenblue
07-09-2010, 02:41 AM
If we somehow beat the Heat or got around them there's still the WC.. and OKC has a lot of potential.
Sure, of course any team has obstacles to overcome, but I will not discredit them for 5-6 years down the road

JiffyMix88
07-09-2010, 02:55 AM

Exactly, not saying we can't win one but the probablity of it in my eyes are slim especially how the nba refs have been calling the game. I can honestly see a game that the heat is in where they go to the free throw line 40-45 times in a game......and that is SCARY!

redwhitenblue
07-09-2010, 02:56 AM
Exactly, not saying we can't win one but the probablity of it in my eyes are slim especially how the nba refs have been calling the game. I can honestly see a game that the heat is in where they go to the free throw line 40-45 times in a game......and that is SCARY!
I have a feeling you'll see something slightly different.

I could see the refs being rougher on the Heat 3 now because they do have such a good trio.

WavelandAvenue
07-09-2010, 03:00 AM

How are the bulls even close to being guaranteed the central division? The Bucks ended 5 games ahead of the bulls and ended the year 22-8. Yes, the bulls have improved with adding Boozer. But the bucks have improved a fair amount from last year as well. Maggette, Gooden, and CDR were all additions that should fit in nicely with last years core. They also have a great trade bait in Michael Redd's expiring contract that leaves some flexibility to improve upon the roster. I'm not saying the Bucks will run away with the division, but it should be a nice battle between Bucks/Bulls throughout the year

JiffyMix88
07-09-2010, 03:05 AM
I have a feeling you'll see something slightly different.

I could see the refs being rougher on the Heat 3 now because they do have such a good trio.

Lets hope they don't get along and ask for a trade like Kobe and Shaq :D.....Cause damn it I wanna root for Wade again!

redwhitenblue
07-09-2010, 03:08 AM
How are the bulls even close to being guaranteed the central division? The Bucks ended 5 games ahead of the bulls and ended the year 22-8. Yes, the bulls have improved with adding Boozer. But the bucks have improved a fair amount from last year as well. Maggette, Gooden, and CDR were all additions that should fit in nicely with last years core. They also have a great trade bait in Michael Redd's expiring contract that leaves some flexibility to improve upon the roster. I'm not saying the Bucks will run away with the division, but it should be a nice battle between Bucks/Bulls throughout the year
You seem to forget, the Bulls now have 20 MM to still improve their team. They should be VERY deep come years end. The Bulls are going to be a force down low that I don't see another EC team handling very well.

I don't see anyone wanting to take Redd's contract, even though it's expiring, it is massive.

JiffyMix88
07-09-2010, 03:10 AM
You seem to forget, the Bulls now have 20 MM to still improve their team. They should be VERY deep come years end. The Bulls are going to be a force down low that I don't see another EC team handling very well.

I don't see anyone wanting to take Redd's contract, even though it's expiring, it is massive.

If we don't spend all this money I honestly hope we make a move for him....

redwhitenblue
07-09-2010, 03:12 AM
If we don't spend all this money I honestly hope we make a move for him....
I don't. Last I heard, he won't be healthy to start the season.

ROY 2 MVP Braun
07-09-2010, 03:18 AM
i talked to john hammond my self at the bucks d league practice today redds not looking at being healthy til mid jan n even then there not sure of his strength n how good hes gonna be

ROY 2 MVP Braun
07-09-2010, 03:18 AM
o ya but bulls will most def be the best team in the central:rolleyes:

WavelandAvenue
07-09-2010, 03:22 AM

I don't see any team willing to take on Redd's contract before the season starts either, but come closer to the trade deadline he could be great trade bait. Thats an easy 18.3 mil off the books at the end of the year. The Bucks already have a decent bench from last year as well. Delfino, CDR, ersan, and ridnour (hopefully) all made decent role players. The problem last year is that when they came in they were all expected to score, especially when 3-4 were on the floor at the same time. Scoring shouldn't be a problem for them this year. But like I said, at least the path is cleared for the Bucks and Bulls to make an interesting battle for the division title.

Angel2Maverick
07-09-2010, 03:29 AM
they need a shooting gaurd that can knock down clutch shots, they obviously missed it when Gordon left.

Just do that get 1 or 2 good bench players and there you have it a contending Bulls team

JB0B0
07-09-2010, 04:11 AM
we need to sign anthony morrow first and foremost. Second, we fill out our roster by signing role players to 1 year deals, leaving the opportunity for melo in 2011.

Allstar21
07-09-2010, 04:13 AM
we need to sign anthony morrow first and foremost. Second, we fill out our roster by signing role players to 1 year deals, leaving the opportunity for melo in 2011.

won't happen with melo

He is staying with nuggets and signing a 3 year extension or going to NY or NJ/brooklyn

I would put money on him signing a 3 year extension then going to NJ/Brooklyn where he is from with his wife after the 3 year deal is done....as long as NJ has some quality pieces by then

JayHunter
07-09-2010, 04:29 AM
we will be just fine......TRUST ME. Gar & company will make the right decisions. We will rival the Heat for years to come

JayW_1023
07-09-2010, 04:50 AM
They are a shooter away from becoming a legitimate contender. Even though they lost on LeBron, they still have a fine team with the addition of Boozer.

Morrow is a good fit indeed.

s2kobe
07-09-2010, 05:06 AM
I say we go for Carmelo Anthony next year or trade for him now adding him on our roster would be great. I know he went to syracuse and new york will try hard to get him, but with the team bulls have now adding him along with rose boozer and noah would be insane.

TheWaterboy
07-09-2010, 05:11 AM

Don't forget, we had a stretch of about 15 games where almost our entire starting lineup was out. Rose Kirk Deng and Noah all were out with injuries. Taj Gibson started, but he was playing with Plantar Faciatis. If everyone didn't go down at once, Bulls were probably near 50 wins

ChicagoRox
07-09-2010, 11:04 AM
Got a question. The division winners get the top 3 seeds right. So i think the Bulls could get the 3rd seed in the east. They really are just competing with a pretty decent Bucks team.

We are just an outside shooter from being an all around good team.

So if Orlando beats out the heat, the heat would be a lower seed than the bulls. lol

Mochalman
07-09-2010, 11:40 AM
Don't forget, we had a stretch of about 15 games where almost our entire starting lineup was out. Rose Kirk Deng and Noah all were out with injuries. Taj Gibson started, but he was playing with Plantar Faciatis. If everyone didn't go down at once, Bulls were probably near 50 wins

and if the nets starting line-up wasn't injured they would of been an 30+ win team.

injures happen, they are not excuses.

JayW_1023
07-11-2010, 05:02 AM
They will be better than Miami if Redick joins the fold.

JiffyMix88
07-11-2010, 05:17 AM
They will be better than Miami if Redick joins the fold.

idk i really really think our team but even then thats a stretch. People were saying the same thing about Boston but then the supposedly role players like rondo and perkins started gaining respect. i think no matter who they plug in they are better than us but we do have a good enough roster to compete with the heat

armychi-guy
07-11-2010, 05:18 AM
I would love to see the bulls go get shaun livingston to play sg. He has a great mid-range game is a great passer, he also has something to prove he's a great kid and a chicago guy and he's only 24 years old and he plays better defence then redick. I also think we've got to sign back brad miller i also would like to see them sign patrick o'bryant a 7'0 center from toronto. 2010-2011 bulls
starts
pg: Rose
sg: Livingston
sf: Deng
pf: Boozer
c: Noah
bench
pg: Law
sg: Redick
sf: Korver
pf: Gibson
c: Miller
pf/sf: Johnson
pf/c: O'bryant

JayW_1023
07-11-2010, 05:24 AM
idk i really really think our team but even then thats a stretch. People were saying the same thing about Boston but then the supposedly role players like rondo and perkins started gaining respect. i think no matter who they plug in they are better than us but we do have a good enough roster to compete with the heat

Redick produced at a higher rate last year than Vince Carter. He is underrated and that´s only because he is white.

If he gets starters minutes he´ll help any team tremendously.

JiffyMix88
07-11-2010, 05:27 AM
Redick produced at a higher rate last year than Vince Carter. He is underrated and that´s only because he is white.

If he gets starters minutes he´ll help any team tremendously.

not saying he wont but two of the three on the heat could have a bad game and still beat a pretty good team but this is all speculation right now anyways because a. we dont have redick yet and b. nobodies played a game yet

JayW_1023
07-11-2010, 05:51 AM
not saying he wont but two of the three on the heat could have a bad game and still beat a pretty good team but this is all speculation right now anyways because a. we dont have redick yet and b. nobodies played a game yet

The Heat will prolly win alot of regular season games...but in the playoffs, having a lightweight big like Bosh anchor your D will ensure that the Heat go fishing before they even get a shot at the Lakers.

If Redick was black people would be saying he is better than Ben Gordon...unfortunately, that´s the hard truth.