PDA

View Full Version : Does Miami become the villains of the NBA if they land Lebron

Heatcheck
07-08-2010, 05:09 PM
There is a sentiment that Lebron is letting cleveland down if he leaves. Id like to know what family in cleveland fed, clothed and sheltered this man when he was homeless. or if the cavs gave him a shot when no one else would.

Because it seems to me, cleveland got lucky in the draft (most teams with the worst record dont get the first pick) and got the hometown guy. now he wants to leave. simple. he doesnt like the organization and lets face it, who ever founded the city didnt pick the best spot on the map.

So why does he owe anyone? because they went to the game and bought his jersey?

Lou Holtz Lisp
07-08-2010, 05:10 PM
He doesn't owe them nothing, he has given all he can give.

infernoscurse
07-08-2010, 05:11 PM
lebron doesnt owe anyone but himself and make himself happy, screw the people that wanted him on their team, screw the legacy, screw the comparison, screw the money

do what makes you happy lebron

YankeeFan28
07-08-2010, 05:12 PM
Lebron gets loved and hated on too much. And because of that, most can't see it for what it is.

Heatcheck
07-08-2010, 05:16 PM
And all this talk about the economy revolving around him is a little sad. Really? so if cleveland doesnt land james in 03, theyd have been screwed? i mean one person? thats all you have to offer?
Ive been hearing OSU fans talk crap for years on how great ohio is, and no one can produce anything of value other than lebron? it cant be that lame.

xbrackattackx
07-08-2010, 05:17 PM
Cause they drafted him,Let him get his endorsements,Paid him and he made his career there and did not bring them the trophy when is the "best player" in the game...

bodupp311
07-08-2010, 05:20 PM
There is a sentiment that Lebron is letting cleveland down if he leaves. Id like to know what family in cleveland fed, clothed and sheltered this man when he was homeless. or if the cavs gave him a shot when no one else would.

Because it seems to me, cleveland got lucky in the draft (most teams with the worst record dont get the first pick) and got the hometown guy. now he wants to leave. simple. he doesnt like the organization and lets face it, who ever founded the city didnt pick the best spot on the map.

So why does he owe anyone? because they went to the game and bought his jersey?

good to see the big 3 hasn't turned the Heat fans obnoxious.

VRP723
07-08-2010, 05:20 PM
Cause they drafted him,Let him get his endorsements,Paid him and he made his career there and did not bring them the trophy when is the "best player" in the game...

And more importantly, the fans who watched him play in AAU, then in high school and then paid to see him play for his hometown team, would be devastated and the team would be in ruins for years.

tdunk21
07-08-2010, 05:21 PM
coz he promised he would bring a title to cleveland....what a pointless thread from a guy who hates lebron and ohio

xbrackattackx
07-08-2010, 05:24 PM
And more importantly, the fans who watched him play in AAU, then in high school and then paid to see him play for his hometown team, would be devastated and the team would be in ruins for years.

Very Very good call!

Jonathan2323
07-08-2010, 05:24 PM
LeBron doesn't owe anything to anyone. He can choose what's best for him if that is going to Knicks, Bulls or HEAT so be it.

Iodine
07-08-2010, 05:26 PM
Because of double standards and such

eibbor
07-08-2010, 05:29 PM
LeBron doesn't owe anything to anyone. He can choose what's best for him if that is going to Knicks, Bulls or HEAT so be it.

Agreed

knickfan4life
07-08-2010, 05:29 PM

he filled the stand for SEVEN SEASONSSS. do you UNDERSTAND how much revenue that is? how about the Pistons, does Darko Milicic owe them???? they WASTED their pick on him instead of Melo and Wade and Bosh.

Da Knicks
07-08-2010, 05:32 PM
Very Very good call!

?:confused:

oak2455
07-08-2010, 05:33 PM
This is my problem with LBJ why not give Cleveland a heads up or was he treated that badly:confused: thats my problem and this whole charade on who is he signing with.... come your not bigger than the sport not by a long shot..........

johnnyswimm
07-08-2010, 05:33 PM
just cut the ties

Vidball
07-08-2010, 05:34 PM
coz he promised he would bring a title to cleveland....what a pointless thread from a guy who hates lebron and ohio

:clap:

Da Knicks
07-08-2010, 05:35 PM
he filled the stand for SEVEN SEASONSSS. do you UNDERSTAND how much revenue that is? how about the Pistons, does Darko Milicic owe them???? they WASTED their pick on him instead of Melo and Wade and Bosh.

Someone who knows what he/she is talking about!:clap:

Kakaroach
07-08-2010, 05:36 PM
Because the city of Cleveland has been through sports hell, their called the loyal losers for a reason.

iggypop123
07-08-2010, 05:37 PM
he doesnt owe them anything, maybe just some respect. he should have decided in private not a public spectacle that will have people in cleveland erupting in anger

SANDBURG23
07-08-2010, 05:40 PM
Well lets see, starters they gave him an education through High School. I know he oviously has God given talent, but don't tell me a coach or teacher along the way didn't teach him something or give him good advice. He got the chance to and did make alot of money. Yes he could have done it any where but he did it there. He was drated out og High School, people being watching him for a long time, local must have alerted the rest of the country to him through there coverage.

I dont live there but I bet his treated like everybody's best freind every where he goes. Yes Cleveland got lucky and got the first pick, but who was more lucky the first pick that year was him or Cleveland. Kobe was drafted out of high school also, he has said the worest thing about being drafted out of High School was being alone. He had no extended family or friends near him. He was 18 and had nothing in common with his teammates. Most that weren't married and had no kids would go to bars and other places he couldn't go when thet had days off. The older players where married with kids and didn't have time to hang out with an 18 year old. He really hated the road because he would sit in hotel room playing Nintendo while the team hit the bars. Kobe has said it has made it hard for him to make life long male friends, and he has few. He complained because the media he also was more isolated at a time when people his age where learning to deal with poeple in th real world. LeBron got to live very close to where he grew up and avoid alot of lonelyness. Cleveland would just get a big 7 year tease out of winning the lottery, LeBron got a stable home life at 18, who really was the luckest here and the Cavs did everything they could for him to have that.

He don't have to sign there but he does owe them.

VRP723
07-08-2010, 05:41 PM
Well lets see, starters they gave him an education through High School. I know he oviously has God given talent, but don't tell me a coach or teacher along the way didn't teach him something or give him good advice. He got the chance to and did make alot of money. Yes he could have done it any where but he did it there. He was drated out og High School, people being watching him for a long time, local must have alerted the rest of the country to him through there coverage.

I dont live there but I bet his treated like everybody's best freind every where he goes. Yes Cleveland got lucky and got the first pick, but who was more lucky the first pick that year was him or Cleveland. Kobe was drafted out of high school also, he has said the worest thing about being drafted out of High School was being alone. He had no extended family or friends near him. He was 18 and had nothing in common with his teammates. Most that weren't married and had no kids would go to bars and other places he couldn't go when thet had days off. The older players where married with kids and didn't have time to hang out with an 18 year old. He really hated the road because he would sit in hotel room playing Nintendo while the team hit the bars. Kobe has said it has made it hard for him to make life long male friends, and he has few. He complained because the media he also was more isolated at a time when people his age where learning to deal with poeple in th real world. LeBron got to live very close to where he grew up and avoid alot of lonelyness. Cleveland would just get a big 7 year tease out of winning the lottery, LeBron got a stable home life at 18, who really was the luckest here and the Cavs did everything they could for him to have that.

He don't have to sign there but he does owe them.

I agree

eibbor
07-08-2010, 05:42 PM
He doesn't owe them anything at all. There is a reason Cle sucks. Look at the contracts they have. Their team is more than twice as valuable than it was before he got there and they surrounded him with a terrible coach and bad management.

The 2 best options are Chi and Heat.. But if I were Lebron I'd play in the d league before I played with that d****bag, backstabbing Boozer lol I say that and I'm not even a Cle fan.

xbrackattackx
07-08-2010, 05:42 PM
I just see people who don't can't get Lebron on their team and don't care.and then the mindless zombie post of teams wanting lebron on their team, so they are defending him.

Heatcheck
07-08-2010, 06:03 PM
first off, the city of cleveland didnt give him an education, thats the just the system, it happends with kids all over the country, whether they become pro athletes or not.

second, everything u named, watching him on tv, buying shoes going to games, u did that out of ENJOYMENT, he was representing your city and state, dont act like cleveland sacrificed hours in front of the tv and dollars on games and jerseys to see him succeed. they helped each other. He played and represented the city of cleveland and was great, so everybody rooted for him and he was compensated. THATS IT.

Now he doesnt have to be there and he wants to leave.

stawka
07-08-2010, 06:08 PM
He owes nothing to the whole of the NBA for that matter, BUT it would e in his best interest to remain a Cav. 2 titles as THE man on the Cavs, is better than 4 titles on someone elses team.

Ask Kobe if his last 2 titles are better than his first 3. Legacy is what counts, and that's what he deserves. He could be in the top 3 players of all time, but this could really hurt

soonabooma
07-08-2010, 06:10 PM
The Cavs have played in a finals, and just came off of back to back 60 win seasons, and yet they always fall short in the playoffs. Hmmmm....I wonder what the problem was. Was it talent, or simple coaching? They've had a lot of success but come up just short. So if he leaves Cleveland now after they just got a hell of a coach in Byron Scott, with the opportunity to target a couple more of his buddies in a year, then YES.....he's a pure dildo. This would not be like KG leaving Minnesota or Bosh leaving Toronto. It would be a whole new type of deal. The opportunity for him to achieve his goal of being THE guy in his hometown and winning a ring is right here in front of him. They just got a REAL coach, not some 2nd rate scrub who couldn't make big game coaching decisions to save his life. And guys like Chris Paul and maybe even Carmelo will more than likely be available in another year. The choice is his, but if he skips out now, he'll lose major credibility and hurt his image/reputation. Is it fair? Maybe, maybe not. But it's still the way it's gonna be. I hope he makes the RIGHT decision.

rhaas74
07-08-2010, 06:10 PM
You would think he would have a little more loyalty. This is a guy who has 330 tattooed on his arm. That is Akron's area code. And while Akron may not be Cleveland, it is still Cavs country. So I don't know how I would feel about a guy who felt so strongly about his hometown that he put it permanently on his body, only to turn his back on them.

Holydiver
07-08-2010, 06:11 PM
Why does Wade owe Miami?

D Roses Bulls
07-08-2010, 06:13 PM
I've been hearing it on PTI and Sports Center that people will tune in to the games to watch Miami lose if this does happen and that they will become the New Bad Boys of the NBA. Do you think this is true. Will the Heat become the new villains of the NBA?

VRP723
07-08-2010, 06:15 PM
They'll challenge the Yankees for the most hated team in sports.

m26555
07-08-2010, 06:16 PM
They'd have to win something to deserve that title, and I don't see that team meshing well at all.

pistonsfanomg
What's up with all these Lebron Threads?

king4day
Put it this way...I might root for LA over them in the finals should it be that.

pistonsfanomg
07-08-2010, 06:17 PM
Oh ya in addition

1989-90 Pistons will always be the "Bad Boys"

ShakeN'Bake
It pains me to say it, if this happens Ill prob be rooting for the Lakers to beat them every year in the finals.

VRP723
Put it this way...I might root for LA over them in the finals should it be that.

I agree, and I hate the Lakers as well

D Roses Bulls

wow and I assume your a suns fan with the avatar, that right there tells you something. a suns fan rooting for the lakers, lol

Kevj77
07-08-2010, 06:18 PM
He doesn't owe them anything, but they way he is announcing "the decision" on national TV would be stabbing Cle in the heart. It's classless

HoopsDrive
07-08-2010, 06:19 PM
Why would people hate them? That's a genuine question... I don't get why people don't like watching superstars play together. Dynasties are cool.

D Roses Bulls
07-08-2010, 06:20 PM
Why would people hate them? That's a genuine question... I don't get why people don't like watching superstars play together. Dynasties are cool.

I guess dynasties are cool if it's your team, but other people don't wanna watch a team win 3,4,5 times in a row.

Stunner
07-08-2010, 06:21 PM

Its jus to many players in their prime on one team it ruins the NBA. would have been better if Lebron goes to New York with amare or tho Chicago or back home.

Verbal Christ
07-08-2010, 06:22 PM
loyalty? instead of jumping on lebron, why not seek out the owner, the GM, who surrounded him with steaming piles of doo doo, and just because lebron can turn ordinary players into all stars it doesnt mean he likes carrying their ***. IMO Ferry and Co should have said **** the cap and went for it, instead of overspending on varajao and deceiving yourself mo williams is an elite PG, actually sought out elite level talent. maybe today wouldnt be so somber in cleveland. lebron brought that city back to the front pages, what the hell was going on prior? IMHO cleveland brass is dumb as doornails for not seeking out and participating in a sign and trade. think about the offers for the games best (arguably) player. sad situation and i feel for the fans, but its a give and take relationship, if lebron would have been hurt, or stinking up the joint im sure those fans would be just as quick to crucify him.

Kakaroach
07-08-2010, 06:23 PM
They'll challenge the Yankees for the most hated team in sports. Exactly what came to my mind when I saw this thread title. Its like the Yankees buying everyone except in this case its fair.

Yes, they will be hated. Simply for having 3 superstars in this league on 1 team.

Raidaz4Life
07-08-2010, 06:24 PM
Easily, they'll become the team that everyone loves to hate.

Sixerlover
07-08-2010, 06:25 PM
Of course they'll be hated. But I think somehow Wade will turn out like Ray Allen in the sense that people will still greatly admire and like him. Bron will have a KG-esque change. People loved KG in Minny, and HATED him in Boston.

m26555
07-08-2010, 06:26 PM
Of course they'll be hated. But I think somehow Wade will turn out like Ray Allen in the sense that people will still greatly admire and like him. Bron will have a KG-esque change. People loved KG in Minny, and HATED him in Boston.
Eh, a ton of people hated LeBron in Cleveland, though.

YankeeFan28
07-08-2010, 06:27 PM
I don't see why they should be hated. Jealous yes, hated no.

D Roses Bulls
07-08-2010, 06:28 PM

well personally i wont hate miami. im from florida so i can't hate a team from my native state except maybe the hurricanes and seminoles, but i'd root for them, but id rather he go to chicago even though i cant stand lebron personally

dtmagnet
07-08-2010, 06:30 PM

This is sports, you need to throw the logic out the window.

SF25
07-08-2010, 06:30 PM
Yes, people hate dominate teams because they want to beat them so bad or they get tired of them winning. I personally will have a hard time hating the Heat though. My dad's best friend is the strength and conditioning coach so we've meant a lot of the players, they've always been my entire family's 2nd favorite team. Plus I like Wade, Lebron, and Bosh too much to hate, especially Wade.

Draco
07-08-2010, 06:31 PM

I thought it'd snow in hell before I rooted for Kobe and next June that might actually happen.

It's not that Miami is on the verge of having a superteam.. It's the collusion and wasting other people's time and resources that's quickly making the NBA a joke.

eibbor
07-08-2010, 06:33 PM
Love em or hate em... People WILL watch em. Doesn't matter if they are cheering or hating. I'd settle for being hated to win a title. aka the pistons.

Giants88
07-08-2010, 06:33 PM
This thread is complete trash. What Lebron is doing is rediulous and I hope he realizes he will never be known as one of the greats. He had his chance and because he has decided to take a short cut to winning a championship and not doing it on his own he will forever diminish his career.

thescore53
07-08-2010, 06:34 PM
if bosh doesnt make the playoffs, he will be one depressed guy lol, but he should and finally prove the kinda player he is.

R cool J
07-08-2010, 06:34 PM
It pains me to say it, if this happens Ill prob be rooting for the Lakers to beat them every year in the finals.

Hahaha, i would root for the Celtics in the East against them

Sixerlover
07-08-2010, 06:35 PM

I think his fan base greatly outweighed his haters while in Cleveland.

FrenchSunsFan
07-08-2010, 06:36 PM
After the "beat L.A" , now we have the "hate the heat" , LBJ suck if he need D Wade and CB4 to win a ring that s why everybody think.

fadedmario
07-08-2010, 06:36 PM
Lebron owes them nothing. He was booed off the court in the playoffs in Cleveland. Now there are threats against him if he leaves.

D Roses Bulls
07-08-2010, 06:38 PM
After the "beat L.A" , now we have the "hate the heat" , LBJ suck if he need D Wade and CB4 to win a ring that s why everybody think.

kobe and wadeare the real superstars of the NBA

FinsHeatPanthrs
07-08-2010, 06:40 PM
he filled the stand for SEVEN SEASONSSS. do you UNDERSTAND how much revenue that is?

I agree completely!!! The organization owes Lebron more than he owes them. (I don't have the numbers, but everyone knows the value of the franchise has skyrocketed since he's been playing there). I've never really been a real fan of his, but during his time with the Cavs he gave the team everything he had. What came out of it? A couple MVP's and nothing else. With all the hype he had coming out of high school (not to mention his talent, lol) the endorsements would have come no matter where he was playing. What he wants is a championship, and this summer he has the chance/right to choose where he wants to play to have the best shot at that goal. As a Heat fan I obviously hope that he signs with Miami, but honestly I still feel like he'll stay in Cleveland. And not because he owes them anything.

edit: Just to clarify, I completely disagree with the way he's handled this free agency, especially if he leaves.

Kakaroach
07-08-2010, 06:41 PM
LeBron is still a superstar, but Miami will be the new Yankees.

kriviant
07-08-2010, 06:41 PM
I voted yes, because of course they will be hating on the Heat.

Personally if LeBron comes to Miami, people can hate all they want. For once I can sit out on the hating and just bask in the glory of the Miami Thrice.

And I kind of agree with Sixerlover's "Bron will have a KG-esque change" theory.

levignjw
07-08-2010, 06:43 PM
The only reason I would hate this team is because of ****ing LeBron. Bosh is a diva but I can deal with him and I love D-Wade.

97NYer
I'm not sure it would be as unfair as people think. LeBron is unarguably the best small forward in the league, but also hasn't won **** to show for it. I think Durant will be as good if not better than him in a few years. Kobe IMO is still better than Wade, and Wade is injury-prone and deep into his prime. Bosh is a top 5 PF who will be a great complimentary player, like a Gasol.

Chalmers?
Wade
LeBron
Bosh
2nd rounder
2nd rounder
2nd rounder
Vet Min
Vet Min
Vet Min
Vet Min
Vet Min

thedfactor
Eventually, yes. But they need to win a title and I'm not sold they will automatically.

_Supreme_
07-08-2010, 06:44 PM
How would this be any worse than the Gasol giveaway to the Lakers & Artest taking less to join later, or even if Lebron somehow ends up in Chicago.

Does everybody hate the Lakers for having the stacked team they have? Chicago would be pretty stacked too you know, so would everybody suddenly hate Chicago as well? You know you should unless you are a hypocrit.

It appears PSD is just full of pityfull jealous crybabies who have to feed of hating on something associated with "popular & succesful" in order to get by during the day. It is really pretty fething sad :pity:

97NYer
This team's success would depend on the progress of the young guys (Chalmers, 2nd rounders) and impact of the vets.

97NYer
This team's success would depend on the progress of the young guys (Chalmers, 2nd rounders) and impact of the vets.

And how LeBron/Wade/Bosh would mesh.

xbrackattackx
I think it will be a drama show with all of those stars there. And One will wanna be the leader and the other 2 won't back down.

sunnydayin'zona
07-08-2010, 06:45 PM

blasphemy!

i'd consider it, and i'd probably start rooting for the lakers, but then i'd laugh at myself towards the end of the first quarter of the first game and realize that i could am a suns fan and i cant forget that

RadiantShot
07-08-2010, 06:45 PM
Question doesn't make much sense.
If anything, I'd say LeBron doesn't 'deserve' the fans he has.
When homeless men stand outside of the arena holding up 'We love LeBron' signs, and he is too blind to see what he has right there in Cleveland, then forget it. My respect for that man is gone. Not all of it; but most. They WORSHIP him for God's sake. It's all whatever; I was never a fan of the guy anyway. I think a few people try to stick up for him, but time and time again, he shows us why we shouldn't. Get ready for his hour long TV-show on where he's going! Should be a boat-load of LeBron promoting to say the least!

jonnyk124
07-08-2010, 06:46 PM
if lebron goes to miami , i feel he would ruin the nba. no rivalries no nothing. you got wade and bosh in miami, kobe and gasol in l.a, pierce and kg in bos, and lebron needs to go to the knicks with stoudemire. the nba would reborn with him reviving the knicks. ill be pissed if he doesnt say knicks...only 2 more hours

RadiantShot
Easily.
Very, very...Easily.

NYY09
You know on one hand I get it, they want to try and win championships to secure a "legacy", but it kind of feels like stacking your team in a video game. Kinda takes the fun out of it, don't ya think....

VRP723
07-08-2010, 06:47 PM

Like I said in the other thread, I don't have a favorite basketball team, so I feel I'm pretty unbiased in this regard, and in no way am I "jealous", I just think it's a joke.

Stunner
07-08-2010, 06:47 PM
If he ends up in Chicago I dont think Chi Town would be hated cuz Noah is a fan favorite and tells it how it is, Rose is humble as they come him and Durant are the same type of person and besides Lebron there isnt that much EGO on the Bulls team as the Heat. Rose and Noah arent no Wade and Bosh and Boozer is a nice guy as well all the spotlight would be on Lebron in Chicago.

sunnydayin'zona
07-08-2010, 06:48 PM
How would this be any worse than the Gasol giveaway to the Lakers & Artest taking less to join later, or even if Lebron somehow ends up in Chicago.

Does everybody hate the Lakers for having the stacked team they have? Chicago would be pretty stacked too you know, so would everybody suddenly hate Chicago as well? You know you should unless you are a hypocrit.

generally, people do hate the lakers for having the stacked team they have, and people would probably hate chicago if they got lebron, god knows people hate chicago for the hype the fans give to rose and noah

REALLYYYYY?
they would become the new villains but not the new bad boys. however, chicago is still lebron's best option, so i will be shocked if lebron goes anywhere other than chicago. good thing he already changed his jersey number :).

eibbor
I think it will be a drama show with all of those stars there. And One will wanna be the leader and the other 2 won't back down.

I don't know about the other TWO

Bosh is only going to be complimentary. He was never good enough to be the man and if LBJ signs his all star status will just be fan based and not factual. If it happens, he is without question, the odd man out.

sunnydayin'zona
07-08-2010, 06:49 PM
If he ends up in Chicago I dont think Chi Town would be hated cuz Noah is a fan favorite and tells it how it is, Rose is humble as they come him and Durant are the same type of person and besides Lebron there isnt that much EGO on the Bulls team as the Heat. Rose and Noah arent no Wade and Bosh and Boozer is a nice guy as well all the spotlight would be on Lebron in Chicago.

the fans create all the ego for the bulls

rhaas74
Well one thing is for sure, they could all say goodbye to their endorsements. What non-local company would want to invest in their image if they are some of the most hated athletes.

For me, it would ruin the NBA. I would watch my Cavs still, but I would not watch a game if they were not in it. I definately would not watch any Heat games. That being said I would have two favorites teams from then on, the Cavs and whoever the Heat play that night.

_Supreme_
Will people consider the NY Knicks "hated villians" if Lebron signs there and they add Melo next year?

It is almost the same thing, so people would have to hate, right?

Stunner
07-08-2010, 06:51 PM
the fans create all the ego for the bulls

true :facepalm:

NYY09
07-08-2010, 06:51 PM
Will people consider the NY Knicks "hated villians" if Lebron signs there and they add Melo next year?

Could be, but thats two giants "ifs"

Stunner
07-08-2010, 06:52 PM

If Melo goes to the Knicks they would be fan favs. Who dont like Melo?

Westbrook36
07-08-2010, 06:52 PM

Agreed, people will always love Wade.

Then when Jrue Holiday - Evan Turner - Iggy/Thad - ? - Hawes all become superstars the 76ers will be able to do something.

_Supreme_
07-08-2010, 06:54 PM

Because Wade & Bosh are not humble, but rose & Noah are. Are you kidding me :confused:

What you are saying makes no sense at all, it would be almost exactly the same situation. Explain to me how Wade and Bosh are not humble?

And Noah is definitely not a fan favorite outside of the Bulls fans. Quite a lot of people can't stand him and dislike him. He might even be in the NBA's most disliked top 10.

MJT91190
07-08-2010, 06:55 PM
Yes because they will be like the yankees (minus the winning histrory) they will be the team that is expected to win but everyone wants to lose. Right now basketball doesn't really have a team that people love to hate (maybe the Lakers) but the Heat will become that.

D Roses Bulls
07-08-2010, 06:56 PM
Because Wade & Bosh are not humble, but rose & Noah are. Are you kidding me :confused:

What you are saying makes no sense at all, it would be almost exactly the same situation. Explain to me how Wade and Bosh are not humble?

And Noah is definitely not a fan favorite outside of the Bulls fans. Quite a lot of people can't stand him and dislike him. He might even be in the NBA's most disliked top 10.

why cause he treated pierce or said cleveland sucked or called lebron a ***** to his face cause he was dancing. you cant hate a guy who is honest and tries his hardest.

Giantwarrior
07-08-2010, 06:56 PM
I know its perfectly legal... But I hate insider trading, talking or whatever you call it, Its dirty.

You never saw Jordan asking for a trade to NY to play with Ewing. Lebron can count all the rings he wants on his finger. I hope it takes him awhile. I will be rooting against the Heat. Im sure alot of FA's will want to join strong teams like the Magic, Lakers, Hawks, and Celtics, to compete against the Heat.

Wheres the dignity in the NBA?

D Roses Bulls
07-08-2010, 06:58 PM

I dont know about melo, but I like his fiance :jumpy:

FinsHeatPanthrs
07-08-2010, 06:58 PM
if lebron goes to miami , i feel he would ruin the nba. no rivalries no nothing. you got wade and bosh in miami, kobe and gasol in l.a, pierce and kg in bos, and lebron needs to go to the knicks with stoudemire. the nba would reborn with him reviving the knicks. ill be pissed if he doesnt say knicks...only 2 more hours

If it does happen tonight, then in terms of just the eastern conference I still think the competition between the Heat, Celtics, Magic, and Bulls would be intense.

And if you add in the western conference then I think there is still good competition with the Lakers, Nuggets, Thunder, and Mavericks.

(note: I'm just thinking on the fly so I might even forget some teams in either conference.)

But how is this so different than what the Celtics did when they retained Pierce (keeping Wade) and then adding Garnett and Allen (Bosh and James).
They stacked their team in one offseason, just as the Heat would be this season.

_Supreme_
07-08-2010, 06:59 PM

Who don't like Wade & Bosh?

A lot of people are hating on Amare as well. Out of the group of players mentioned here Lebron apparently is the most hated hands down, but judging by what I have been reading @ PSD these past years Amare definitely is second.

I rarely see any Bosh hate, and Wade has gotten some be cause he actually accomplished something certain people are jealous about. Melo would be in the same boat if he was on one of the teams with large fan bases instead of the insignificant Nuggets franchise.

Stunner
07-08-2010, 06:59 PM

Did i say they werent did i say Noah was humble i said Rose was difference between Wade and Bosh are superstars and have a higher standard to live up to. Im sure Raps fans cant stand Bosh now and Chicago fans cant stand Wade now when players of that stature gets together it can change how a players act see Boston. I was jus saying Rose and Noah are less likely to act that way. And that fact that Miami do not deserve to have a superteam cuz their fans suck i might add adds on to why people might hate the Heat.

_Supreme_
07-08-2010, 07:04 PM
why cause he treated pierce or said cleveland sucked or called lebron a ***** to his face cause he was dancing. you cant hate a guy who is honest and tries his hardest.

No not because any of that. It is his whole character. I already saw a lot of Noah dislike even before he was drafted. Maybe it is the way he looks and behaves, Idk, but a lot of people have a genuine dislike of this guy.

Sixerlover
07-08-2010, 07:05 PM
Agreed, people will always love Wade.

Then when Jrue Holiday - Evan Turner - Iggy/Thad - ? - Hawes all become superstars the 76ers will be able to do something.

We're America's last hope.

_KB24_
07-08-2010, 07:06 PM
No, they'll be the exact opposite IMO. People will love them and actually root for them. The Lakers will still be the most hated franchise in the NBA no matter what.

mikantsass
07-08-2010, 07:06 PM
If you are a Bulls, Knicks or Cavs fan then ABSOLUTELY

NYY09
07-08-2010, 07:10 PM
Would be great if the Knicks got Parker and Melo so the six of them can do a riverdance at MSG.

Sadds The Gr8
07-08-2010, 07:12 PM
Yes...they'll surpass the Lakers as my most hated team.

Indi23
07-08-2010, 07:13 PM
If you are a Bulls, Knicks or Cavs fan then ABSOLUTELY

maybe cavs, i dunno why knicks or bulls would be.

D Roses Bulls
07-08-2010, 07:13 PM
god if the heat get all 3 of them, you might as well change the east vs west in the all star game to the heat vs. the west

_Supreme_
07-08-2010, 07:16 PM
Did i say they werent did i say Noah was humble i said Rose was difference between Wade and Bosh are superstars and have a higher standard to live up to. Im sure Raps fans cant stand Bosh now and Chicago fans cant stand Wade now when players of that stature gets together it can change how a players act see Boston. I was jus saying Rose and Noah are less likely to act that way. And that fact that Miami do not deserve to have a superteam cuz their fans suck i might add adds on to why people might hate the Heat.

Fact remains that you implicate that Lebron & Rose & Noah don't deserve hate, but that Miami with Lebron & Wade & Bosh do, so if we keep Lebron out of this that means that Wade and Bosh deserve more hate than Rose and Noah.

So I ask again why that is so, according to you? Why does anybody necessarily have to deserve hate in the first place. It just shows a certain way of thinking to always be focussed on finding something or someone who has to be hated. If nobody is being hated upon, then what is there left for us to do on the internet huh :rolleyes:

Most of the comments I have read from Raptors fans about Bosh are very classy btw, they don't seem to hate him at all.

And you people need to stop with the little remarks about Miami fans. The fans you are talking to here are the fans who are always there, so what exactly is wrong with them? I can name several other fanbases who are way worse in their online behaviour, but I won't because I have no desire to start such a thing.

STL/Mizzou/DZ
07-08-2010, 07:16 PM
ill love them and watch them every night. the only poeple that should hate them are the teams that got left out of getting them.

SANDBURG23
07-08-2010, 07:18 PM
first off, the city of cleveland didnt give him an education, thats the just the system, it happends with kids all over the country, whether they become pro athletes or not.

second, everything u named, watching him on tv, buying shoes going to games, u did that out of ENJOYMENT, he was representing your city and state, dont act like cleveland sacrificed hours in front of the tv and dollars on games and jerseys to see him succeed. they helped each other. He played and represented the city of cleveland and was great, so everybody rooted for him and he was compensated. THATS IT.

Now he doesnt have to be there and he wants to leave.

Yes the city did give him an Educstion son, System or not. He did not pay for it many people with out kids pay tax for him.Plus there is much more to it the books, not to degrade you but I can tell by your comment you are younger.

That community protected and allowed him to become himself, most people in his shoes don't get to do that. Watching tv buying jersey's helped each other out thats it, not even close man. I'm a Bulls fan anyway, I want him on Bulls. But question was does he owe Clev, and yes he does. If he leaves Clev hope he keeps up the same level of Charity involvment there. That is where he truely owes them.

lakerfan3118
07-08-2010, 07:18 PM
ahh, just a few years ago, many in the NBA criticized Kobe Bryant for his inability to win a title without one Shaquille O'neal.

Lebron James now, from what it looks like, will sign with perhaps Chris Bosh and Dwayne Wade in order to win championships.

...one reality disvalidates the other.

Stunner
07-08-2010, 07:20 PM
Fact remains that you implicate that Lebron & Rose & Noah don't deserve hate, but that Miami with Lebron & Wade & Bosh do, so if we keep Lebron out of this that means that Wade and Bosh deserve more hate than Rose and Noah.

So I ask again why that is so, according to you? Why does anybody necessarily have to deserve hate in the first place. It just shows a certain way of thinking to always be focussed on finding something or someone who has to be hated. If nobody is being hated upon, then what is there left for us to do on the internet huh :rolleyes:

Most of the comments I have read from Raptors fans about Bosh are very classy btw, they don't seem to hate him at all.

And you people need to stop with the little remarks about Miami fans. The fans you are talking to here are the fans who are always there, so what exactly is wrong with them? I can name several other fanbases who are way worse in their online behaviour, but I won't because I have no desire to start such a thing.

:faint:

nystandup
07-08-2010, 07:21 PM
All I know is that I wouldn't wanna come NYC for fun anymore if I was Lebron, and have fun at Yankee games as well.

netsgiantsyanks
07-08-2010, 07:22 PM

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

dwyane wade is one of the most humble people in the nba and youre talking about the same carlos boozer who shitted on LEBRON and the cavs and signed with the jazz?? if anything, carlos boozer is keeping lebron away from chicago

ldc62
07-08-2010, 07:23 PM
They will be hated but why villains? Lebrons the one whose signing with them -- he should be the villain. That being said, Pat Riley looks like a sinister mastermind.

HoopsDrive
07-08-2010, 07:23 PM
He doesn't owe anything to Cleveland. It's his life, his decision and he can do whatever he wants with it.

All this talk that LBJ should stay in Cleveland cuz it's hometown, etc is a bunch of bull. Wtf would YOU do? He's going to another team to have a better chance at winning the whole thing and I applaud him for that. He wants to win.

All this talk that he will never be considered one of the greats if he does go to Miami is even more bull. If that Heat team go on to win like 4-6 championships in a row they would be considered one of the best teams ever and who do you think would be there to bask in all the glory? Yes, that's right Mr. James.

Reyes6
07-08-2010, 07:24 PM
Everyone says it'll kill the sport... but what would pump you up more than your team beating a team with LeBron, Wade, and Bosh on it. I'd be pumped for that game.

nystandup
They will be hated but why villains? Lebrons the one whose signing with them -- he should be the villain. That being said, Pat Riley looks like a sinister mastermind.

As a knick fan Riley is already a villain, so now there's 2 lol

ldc62

I'm glad you put aside all your biased views and didn't act like a total homer. :rolleyes:

Wade and Bosh are class acts (despite some of the things that happened this summer), Boozer might be a nice guy, but just ask Cavs fans what they think of him...

Sixerlover
07-08-2010, 07:25 PM
Everyone says it'll kill the sport... but what would pump you up more than your team beating a team with LeBron, Wade, and Bosh on it. I'd be pumped for that game.

very true

Dmagic87
07-08-2010, 07:26 PM
Does Miami care? I wouldn't. Everyone but Miami should hate this team because they are going to the finals.

Congrats Miami. Riley is a freaking genius. I don't know why my team let him go.

NYY09

Megan Fox :shrug:

northsider
If he does go the only thing that would make it worth watching is if that team never won a championship which I find next to impossible. If that did happen it would go down as the biggest let down in professional sports.

mikantsass
07-08-2010, 07:27 PM
maybe cavs, i dunno why knicks or bulls would be.

Because the Knicks have been expecting to get Lebron for 3 years.

And the Bull wish list was 1. Lebron, 2. Wade, and 3. Bosh all season long.

SANDBURG23
07-08-2010, 07:27 PM
Oh ya in addition

1989-90 Pistons will always be the "Bad Boys"

I dont think a Team of Wade,LeBron,Bosh with a bunch of vet min would beat them either. Down low with Lambier,Edwards,Salley,Rodman and Mahorn by game 5 they all would be so sore. Hell, Bosh we probally be on DL by game 3 of a Best of 7. Watching the Bulls play them every year was so madding to we final won.

They had 30 fouls down low from 5 quality players to use and they used every one.

bringinwood
07-08-2010, 07:28 PM
He owes them nothing...

I think it was said that Cleveland brass was hesitant to give LeBron a max 6 yr deal because they were concerned he would be a 31 broke down player with bad knees and no championship....

That, in itself, is reason enough for him to leave... That proves that the Cavs front office has about as much clue as a vegetable as to how to run an NBA franchise...

nystandup
07-08-2010, 07:29 PM
Does Miami care? I wouldn't. Everyone but Miami should hate this team because they are going to the finals.

Congrats Miami. Riley is a freaking genius. I don't know why my team let him go.

Let him go...?

Stunner
I never said Wade and Bosh wasnt humble but i Bet u want see Rose pull the ******** they pulled this offseason jus to get money. Look wat Durant did this offseason signed for 5 years 85 contract he could have got a max but he stuck with his team and took less money so they can improve the team, cuz he knw the money will allways be there. thats all im saying my reason for me not liking them is that its to many star players in their prime on one team.

nystandup
I hope the Celtics bruise the **** out of the Heat.

Can-I-Live
07-08-2010, 07:30 PM
coming from a guy who has brazil in his sig

mikantsass
07-08-2010, 07:30 PM
Cleveland owes him.... They are lucky he stuck there for 7 years

Reyes6
07-08-2010, 07:31 PM

So they lost and grabbed some Booze as the Knicks got Marred by Amare.

ldc62
I never said Wade and Bosh wasnt humble but i Bet u want see Rose pull the ******** they pulled this offseason jus to get money. Look wat Durant did this offseason signed for 5 years 85 contract he could have got a max but he stuck with his team and took less money so they can improve the team, cuz he knw the money will allways be there. thats all im saying my reason for me not liking them is that its to many star players in their prime on one team.

I get what you mean. They really wanted the spotlight, while guys like Durant treated their current organization with class and respect.

LTBaByyy
there is a sentiment that lebron is letting cleveland down if he leaves. Id like to know what family in cleveland fed, clothed and sheltered this man when he was homeless. Or if the cavs gave him a shot when no one else would.

Because it seems to me, cleveland got lucky in the draft (most teams with the worst record dont get the first pick) and got the hometown guy. Now he wants to leave. Simple. He doesnt like the organization and lets face it, who ever founded the city didnt pick the best spot on the map.

So why does he owe anyone? Because they went to the game and bought his jersey?

bc he promised cleaveland and the state of ohio that he will get them a ring and more.... Go watch his conferences of getting mvp

masalex1205
07-08-2010, 07:32 PM
I just hate the fact they went to Miami, go somewhere where people actually care about sports...looks like we're going to see a lot of HEat fans whose location is like Missouri (just like the Lakers fanbase for the most part)

ldc62
07-08-2010, 07:32 PM

I see your point. But IMO the only one that gets the crappy end of the stick is Cleveland. No sympathy for Bulls or Knicks fans (sorry).

nystandup
07-08-2010, 07:33 PM
What's star treatment from the NBA ref's gunna look like now when the Heat come to town?

BkOriginalOne
07-08-2010, 07:34 PM
Wade would probably be MVP, hitting the big shots for them in the season and all of the playoffs.
Other teams aren't going to go quietly, someone else is going to amass a Big 3.
Do have these guys do this at this stage in their career in sad.

When the C's go their 3 - all of those guys were above the age of 29 - smaller window.

CrazyCrackar
07-08-2010, 07:35 PM
Yea

SANDBURG23
07-08-2010, 07:35 PM
What's star treatment from the NBA ref's gunna look like now when the Heat come to town?

Depends if the Mob is betting on the game. If the mob betting I bet they all foul out by 3rd quarter.

nystandup
07-08-2010, 07:36 PM
Depends if the Mob is betting on the game. If the mob betting I bet they all foul out by 3rd quarter.

The mob wouldn't be dumb enough to bet against Lebron, Wade and Bosh on the same squad would they? lol

jonline87
07-08-2010, 07:37 PM
If Lebron signs with the Miami Heat tonight, he cements his status as the ultimate villain.

By leaving Cleveland, he instantly crushes the heart of an entire city and state. They have nothing else to rally around. Sure, they will eventually recover, but things will never be the same.

Itís like Lebron is leaving his loyal wife of seven years for some hot girl he met in Miami Beach. It seems like a tempting idea at this time, but what he doesnít realize is that his actions would certainly devastate the spirits of those who unconditionally stuck by him for so long.

Besides the effect on Cleveland, Lebron himself would surely come to regret his decision down the road. Sure, heíll have fun fooling around in Miami, but it will never be as meaningful as his time playing in Cleveland. Wouldnít a championship in Cleveland be the ultimate victory for Lebron? Compare that to a championship in Miami, one which is pre-programmed to occur.

If Lebron were to leave Cleveland for New York, perhaps that would be the lesser of two evils. It wonít cure Clevelandís heart break, but it would at least resuscitate New York basketball from a 10 year coma. The problem is New York falls in between the forces of self-control and temptation. If Lebron is loyal, he stays in Cleveland, if he falls to temptation, he will fall all the way to Miami.

Why Miami? Lebron would be joining Wade and Bosh in Vegas if they had a team. Miami is a city of excess: crazy parties, excessive luxuries, exotic women, etc; the opposite of Cleveland, NY falls somewhere in between. (Donít think Lebron isnít tempted.) Miami already has Wade and Bosh. They certainly donít need Lebron. They want Lebron. They donít care if it ruins the competitive nature of the game.

In a world where a role model and champion like Tiger Woods can be tempted to cheat on his loyal wife, all but destroying his legacy in the process, expect no different from Lebron. He's an egomaniac. Why else would he agree to hold a special event for the culmination of his free agency? That tells you automatically that he's leaving Cleveland. (Did Kevin Durant hold a special event to announce his resigning with OKC?)

Of course Lebron will try to control the damage by delivering his speech at the Boys and Girls Club of Greenwich, CT. But look at the message he's delivering to these kids! Forget about loyalty! Pursue temptation!

But I honestly don't expect any level of success from the Miami Threesome. Look at all the athletes who left their wives or left their loyal homes and eventually lost their success. Being with your friends in the city of Miami will ultimately serve as a distraction from the game for Lebron.

So for all those Cavaliers and Knicks fans that will undoubtedly be let down this evening, take comfort in knowing that in choosing Miami, Lebron reveals himself to be the ultimate villain.

The forces of good will rally. And in the end, evil will be defeated.

nanablvd
07-08-2010, 07:40 PM
I wouldnt be watching as much basketball in the eastern conference as I had been.

Bruno
07-08-2010, 07:44 PM
I never thought the day would come where people who dislike the Lakers might find themselves actually having to root for them in the finals. If that were to ever happen- this is it.

NYY09
07-08-2010, 07:45 PM
If Lebron signs with the Miami Heat tonight, he cements his status as the ultimate villain.

By leaving Cleveland, he instantly crushes the heart of an entire city and state. They have nothing else to rally around. Sure, they will eventually recover, but things will never be the same.

It’s like Lebron is leaving his loyal wife of seven years for some hot girl he met in Miami Beach. It seems like a tempting idea at this time, but what he doesn’t realize is that his actions would certainly devastate the spirits of those who unconditionally stuck by him for so long.

Besides the effect on Cleveland, Lebron himself would surely come to regret his decision down the road. Sure, he’ll have fun fooling around in Miami, but it will never be as meaningful as his time playing in Cleveland. Wouldn’t a championship in Cleveland be the ultimate victory for Lebron? Compare that to a championship in Miami, one which is pre-programmed to occur.

If Lebron were to leave Cleveland for New York, perhaps that would be the lesser of two evils. It won’t cure Cleveland’s heart break, but it would at least resuscitate New York basketball from a 10 year coma. The problem is New York falls in between the forces of self-control and temptation. If Lebron is loyal, he stays in Cleveland, if he falls to temptation, he will fall all the way to Miami.

Why Miami? Lebron would be joining Wade and Bosh in Vegas if they had a team. Miami is a city of excess: crazy parties, excessive luxuries, exotic women, etc; the opposite of Cleveland, NY falls somewhere in between. (Don’t think Lebron isn’t tempted.) Miami already has Wade and Bosh. They certainly don’t need Lebron. They want Lebron. They don’t care if it ruins the competitive nature of the game.

In a world where a role model and champion like Tiger Woods can be tempted to cheat on his loyal wife, all but destroying his legacy in the process, expect no different from Lebron. He's an egomaniac. Why else would he agree to hold a special event for the culmination of his free agency? That tells you automatically that he's leaving Cleveland. (Did Kevin Durant hold a special event to announce his resigning with OKC?)

Of course Lebron will try to control the damage by delivering his speech at the Boys and Girls Club of Greenwich, CT. But look at the message he's delivering to these kids! Forget about loyalty! Pursue temptation!

But I honestly don't expect any level of success from the Miami Threesome. Look at all the athletes who left their wives or left their loyal homes and eventually lost their success. Being with your friends in the city of Miami will ultimately serve as a distraction from the game for Lebron.

So for all those Cavaliers and Knicks fans that will undoubtedly be let down this evening, take comfort in knowing that in choosing Miami, Lebron reveals himself to be the ultimate villain.

The forces of good will rally. And in the end, evil will be defeated.

And this is a problem because....? :rolleyes: (also ur post kinda sounds like a televangelist...)

D Roses Bulls
07-08-2010, 07:46 PM
Why was this thread merged with a lebron leaving cleveland thread? this is about miami if they get lebron, not what lebron looks like if he leaves cleveland

Hawkeye15
07-08-2010, 07:51 PM
I wouldn't look at Miami as the enemy, unless the three got arrogant, and annoying. I would pull for them over the Lakers for instance, but I think just adding those three, and then trying to fill out the roster with the lockout looming will be harder than most people think it will be.

apocalypse15
07-08-2010, 07:53 PM
Really? I selected no because they have too much to prove. This does not guarantee an NBA Championship at ALL! Who's coming off the bench? Who is their center? How much can they add with less than 2 million in cap space? Celts had the Big 3 along with role players and 2 other players to fill in the starting 5. I just don't see how amazing some people might believe this is. I see 3 players, who are the other 9 players?

jonline87
07-08-2010, 07:57 PM
And this is a problem because....? :rolleyes: (also ur post kinda sounds like a televangelist...)

Lol. I'm not a televangelist. I do believe in God. But I'm not religious.

Also, if you don't realize the problem here, I feel bad for you.

But I'll give you a review:

"Breaking Hearts to Chase Gold"
A Lecture by Lebron James
Where: Boys and Girls Center

IndiansFan337
07-08-2010, 08:03 PM
People will hate them, just as they do with the NYY in MLB.

nickdymez
07-08-2010, 08:05 PM
Laker fans dont care because the Lakers are still gonna be better than Miami....

gangis2169
07-08-2010, 08:07 PM
If QUEEN JAMES goes to Miami the pressure to win a title will ruin all of those superstars if they dont win. His legacy will be dead. I really want him to go to MIAMI and not win a title then we would all know that he will never be the greatest player of all time or even of this time!

gangis2169
07-08-2010, 08:09 PM
People will hate them, just as they do with the NYY in MLB.

People hate NYY in MLB cause they win championships. LEBRON DONT!

zambo4president
07-08-2010, 08:21 PM
Yes they will. Ill hate em with all I got.

FadeAwayLikeMJ
07-08-2010, 08:33 PM
If anyone owes anyone, Ohio owes LeBronze, ahem, I mean Lebron. Some people on here act like he wouldn't have flourished on another team. Big up to LeBronze if he leaves the Cavs. And I'm sorry but I feel like LeBronze f'ed himself out of championships. That young man should not be taking as many long jumpers as he did. And the fact that he started and finished every play on offense is unnecessary. It's all about team work, ask Kobe or Pierce how they won their recent championships... Good D and teamwork... NOT shooting 40 ft jumpers