PDA

View Full Version : Why all the Hate/Hipocracy all of a sudden?

Hoopsadvocate
07-08-2010, 05:51 PM
I as a hate fan was a bit nervous when d wade would potentially move to chicago but when i looked at it logically and thought if lebron or bosh goes there i cant fault the guy for going because that would be a respectable move to put your ego and money aside by playing with the best people possible.

But since bosh/wade decided miami its clear miami is the best place to play. Owners say it, executives say it, even the bias espn media saids it. Two players even go on national tv to say its not about money they will take paycuts you think people would find that honorable but instead now they bash them because before they claim all 3 were egotistical money driven fools, but now that its obviously not the case they find an excuse to hate them why??

Now people are picking on Lebron saying his legacy is tarnished because he didnt join _____ team (bulls,NY,or cavs) Please you praise him when hes about to come to your team and then bash him when he goes to the best possible scenario WHY?

How come these guys are getting the hate why didnt Magic/Kareem/Worthy get it or the different Boston dynastys. It didnt ruin there legacys and it wont ruin Wade/Bosh/Lebron.

Point is any fan of whatever team would be ecstatic to have these players just because there not on your team shouldnt mean you should hate them. THEY DONT OWE YOU ANYTHING!

Look at the positives:

-This is popularizing basketball its being talked about as being the 2nd leading sport (challenging baseball)

- Its creating a new era (along the lines of 90's bulls, 80'sceltics and lakers) that you will look back and be able to tell your kids or grandkids that you were able to witness

- A new place gets a chance; LA and Boston ruled basketball with an iron fist NY and Chicago had it place as well. Now FL gets a turn its SOMETHING NEW!

Enjoy the ride i know Miami is gonna be looked at as the bad guy but when you think of it logically theres no reason to. They dont care what you think they dont care about money. THEY CARE ABOUT winning truley winning even if that means you hate and criticize them. You should commend them for really loving to win cause you know if you had the opportunity to play alongside 2 other elite players in the league you would be foolish not to. Dont be mad just because its not your team.

VRP723
07-08-2010, 05:58 PM
Mad because it's not my team?

I'm not a fan of any team, so I'm probably one of the only people here who doesn't feel biased towards one team or another, but this is going to be a joke and will ruin the NBA.

Do you think fans of teams like the Hawks are going to be excited for this upcoming season? No, because there's no competitive balance and the East was won because of frightened superstars signing to playing together in fear that they couldn't win anything by themselves.

Korman12
07-08-2010, 05:59 PM
People are concerned about the distribution of talent in the league. To a lot of people, James staying in Cle or going to NY or NJ would be more admirable because it'd be more of a challenge to him, and those are teams who need him much more. Maybe they see him going to MIA as something unfair. There's a lot of hypocrisy here with people frustrated at the situation, yeah, but that's expected.

As for the LA and Boston dynasties, well, the Boston dynasty in the 80's was accomplished through savvy draft management, not necessarily dumping salary to take all the best FA's. The Lakers did it in a very similar way.

People want a new basketball era, something that can rival the 80's and 90's, but their expectations for something like that have to change. Professional eras in sports always change, and always will. It's just something people have to understand.

YankeeFan28
07-08-2010, 05:59 PM
Human nature. :shrug:

Hoopsadvocate
07-08-2010, 06:02 PM
Mad because it's not my team?

I'm not a fan of any team, so I'm probably one of the only people here who doesn't feel biased towards one team or another, but this is going to be a joke and will ruin the NBA.

Do you think fans of teams like the Hawks are going to be excited for this upcoming season? No, because there's no competitive balance and the East was won because of frightened superstars signing to playing together in fear that they couldn't win anything by themselves.

To be honest with you i thought so to competition wise but after seeing some of the ESPN reports and how popular FA has made the NBA this thing is huge for the game of basektball as a whole. Maybe not for competition but for the sport itself its huge.

Truheatfan
07-08-2010, 06:03 PM
i agree! but lebron hasnt signed with the heat yet so dont get your hopes up i know alot of people are looking at miami as the favorites to land him but lebron is gonna make up his own mind and theres gonna be alot of pissed of people by the end of the night no matter what he does! im gonna have my fingers crossed but im not getting my hopes up cause cleveland has his heart and thats gonna be tough to walk away from!

VRP723
07-08-2010, 06:05 PM
To be honest with you i thought so to competition wise but after seeing some of the ESPN reports and how popular FA has made the NBA this thing is huge for the game of basektball as a whole. Maybe not for competition but for the sport itself its huge.

Right away, yeah, it'll be fun to watch, but in 5 years we'll look back and see that it was a detriment to the league.

Ticket Guy
07-08-2010, 06:06 PM
The reasons are simple.

A) It seems like a plot, a scam, a set up.
B) The website, the Twitter = Drama
C) The "announcement" = Arrogance
D) To make the announcement on nationwide cable and diss your original team is classless, murder etc.
E) D.Wade used the Bulls to gain leverage
F) C. Bosh acts like he's someone during this whole process when he's no one.
G) 1 championship 3 stooges
H) Spell check your stuff that's one horrible piece of writing.

The Chicago Bulls, Boston Celtics & Los Angeles Lakers drafted and bred there players for the majority. They drafted players that were stars and the stars stuck around and made it work they didn't contact other stars to join other teams all at once.

Mark my word there will never be 3 more hated players in the history of the NBA as James, Wade & Bosh if this goes through tonight.

xbrackattackx
07-08-2010, 06:07 PM
I said all along, the talent should be distributed. I think if Lebron goes to Knicks or Jersey or stays in Ohio then the powerhouses were split up pretty well. I think Wade and Bosh are a good match. Bucks,Hawks,Bull,Knicks,Heat,Orlando,Boston are all close in talent imo. But if Lebron and Paul go to the heat, that's 4 fans bases(NO,Cleveland,Toronto and Bandwagoneers that dont have a set team) that are ..

A gonna hate the Nba.
B. jump on the Heat train and it will kill other teams revenue. Cause heat will be a team that everyone likes.
c. Make the FA a parade every year now.

NBA legends are turning in their graves tonight.

Hoopsadvocate
07-08-2010, 06:08 PM
People are concerned about the distribution of talent in the league. To a lot of people, James staying in Cle or going to NY or NJ would be more admirable because it'd be more of a challenge to him, and those are teams who need him much more.

As for the LA and Boston dynasties, well, the Boston dynasty in the 80's was accomplished through savvy draft management, not necessarily dumping salary to take all the best FA's. The Lakers did it in a very similar way.

People want a new basketball era, something that can rival the 80's and 90's, but their expectations for something like that have to change. Professional eras in sports always change, and always will. It's just something people have to understand.

That was my main concern also as a NBA fan not as a HEAT fan. But there are only so many superstars they all cant be on the same team i think this makes other players join up to challenge them.

I mean it looks bad now but in a year or two if im NY i see Melo looking to compete so he leaves Denver and goes to NY then NY is just a small trade for a all star away to challenge this squad.

Thunder have 2 players who could potentially be huge superstars in the near future as well so they are just a player away from challenging them.

Chicago is also just 1 great wing player away as well. My point is its not over by any stretch.

If Lebron would have gone to the BUlls it would have made them the powerhouse with boozer,rose,noah maybe not as much as wade/bosh but pretty close.

Overall i think this makes players think more unselfishly and makes them want to team up with other superstars. There going to start this revolution and NBA will be better than ever.

adidas2307
07-08-2010, 06:08 PM
What sport do the hate play in?

HoopsDrive
07-08-2010, 06:10 PM
Hippocracy

LOL

DallasMavsGuy
07-08-2010, 06:14 PM
What sport do the hate play in?

IDK, I was thinking the same, but I want to support them. Obviously not that many people like them, if they have that name. I would change the team name to the like if i were their owner.

R cool J
07-08-2010, 06:16 PM
Human nature. :shrug:

Hahahahaha, i actually chuckled to myself when i saw this.

Hoopsadvocate
07-08-2010, 06:18 PM
The reasons are simple.

D) To make the announcement on nationwide cable and diss your original team is classless, murder etc.

The Chicago Bulls, Boston Celtics & Los Angeles Lakers drafted and bred there players for the majority. They drafted players that were stars and the stars stuck around and made it work they didn't contact other stars to join other teams all at once.

Mark my word there will never be 3 more hated players in the history of the NBA as James, Wade & Bosh if this goes through tonight.

A) In a business do you not negotiate? Dont you collaberate with your own workers and other businesses to improve your business. its not plotting its not scheming its a sound business decision.

B) I can agree to an extent. But its a generational thing IMO. Twitter is a social network people didnt have it back then but im sure they called each other and talked and speculated it just wasnt reported as much because it wasnt as public.

C) The announcement can be looked at as arrogance or you can look at it as what it is (A CHARITABLE EVENT) they did it on the stipulation that proceedes go to a charity. It also puts the league and the game of basketball on a worldwide stage its amping up the game.

D)Hes gonna have to let them know somehow i dont think hes gonna dis them though people will undoubtably think this. But in the end they were gonna know neways. This way at least SOME good comes out of it in the form of a charity.

E) This is a matter of opinion he said he legitimatley was considering them and in the end boshs decisions to cme to miami swade him back. If bosh or lebron would have chossen chiacgo i gaurantee you wade goes there too.

F) This is just plain hate. Hes probably done more with his life than you. He may not be on lebron or wades level but hes a great player cant say hes nobody.

G) More hate and im finding it harder and harder to even post this reply to you..

H) See G. You obviously are set in your ways and cant be reasoned with the old spell check argument is a losers last resort.

07-08-2010, 06:19 PM
I as a hate fan was a bit nervous when d wade would potentially move to chicago but when i looked at it logically and thought if lebron or bosh goes there i cant fault the guy for going because that would be a respectable move to put your ego and money aside by playing with the best people possible.

But since bosh/wade decided miami its clear miami is the best place to play. Owners say it, executives say it, even the bias espn media saids it. Two players even go on national tv to say its not about money they will take paycuts you think people would find that honorable but instead now they bash them because before they claim all 3 were egotistical money driven fools, but now that its obviously not the case they find an excuse to hate them why??

Now people are picking on Lebron saying his legacy is tarnished because he didnt join _____ team (bulls,NY,or cavs) Please you praise him when hes about to come to your team and then bash him when he goes to the best possible scenario WHY?

How come these guys are getting the hate why didnt Magic/Kareem/Worthy get it or the different Boston dynastys. It didnt ruin there legacys and it wont ruin Wade/Bosh/Lebron.

Point is any fan of whatever team would be ecstatic to have these players just because there not on your team shouldnt mean you should hate them. THEY DONT OWE YOU ANYTHING!

Look at the positives:

-This is popularizing basketball its being talked about as being the 2nd leading sport (challenging baseball)

- Its creating a new era (along the lines of 90's bulls, 80'sceltics and lakers) that you will look back and be able to tell your kids or grandkids that you were able to witness

- A new place gets a chance; LA and Boston ruled basketball with an iron fist NY and Chicago had it place as well. Now FL gets a turn its SOMETHING NEW!

Enjoy the ride i know Miami is gonna be looked at as the bad guy but when you think of it logically theres no reason to. They dont care what you think they dont care about money. THEY CARE ABOUT winning truley winning even if that means you hate and criticize them. You should commend them for really loving to win cause you know if you had the opportunity to play alongside 2 other elite players in the league you would be foolish not to. Dont be mad just because its not your team.

I agree with most of what you said. And as a Bulls fan, I can tell you to get used to the hating. I remember the 90's like yesterday. When you're on top, everyone wants to bring you down.

I will say that my opinion is that if he goes anywhere but Cleveland he is going to look like an *** tonight for leaving his hometown high and dry. But even before all this free agent hoopla begun I had a pretty good idea that he was an egomaniac.

Congrats on the big signings if indeed the Lebron rumors are true. It will be interesting to watch these egos mesh from afar. I am also waiting to see what the Lakers are going to do now to strike back since we all know Kobe won't be going down without a fight...I think once the big domino falls tonight we will all see a lot of interesting things happen around the league for the next couple weeks.

Ticket Guy
07-08-2010, 06:20 PM
2:42 till LeBron James turns into the biggest villain in sports history.

popularizing lol

Hoopsadvocate
I said all along, the talent should be distributed. I think if Lebron goes to Knicks or Jersey or stays in Ohio then the powerhouses were split up pretty well. I think Wade and Bosh are a good match. Bucks,Hawks,Bull,Knicks,Heat,Orlando,Boston are all close in talent imo. But if Lebron and Paul go to the heat, that's 4 fans bases(NO,Cleveland,Toronto and Bandwagoneers that dont have a set team) that are ..

A gonna hate the Nba.
B. jump on the Heat train and it will kill other teams revenue. Cause heat will be a team that everyone likes.
c. Make the FA a parade every year now.

NBA legends are turning in their graves tonight.

I would love to see what Jordan and MAgic think about this. I cant wait to hear there quotes. FYI might not mean anything but pippen and jordan were both at the Cavs v HEAT game in miami during the regular season.

Atownballa5
its because lebron finally realized hell never win so going on a team with every other top nba player will probably ensure him a title or 2... if he went to a not so good team ( NJ, NY, CHI) he would earn a title and he would earn the title "the king"

if he really was the king hed have a title by now

Dmac
07-08-2010, 06:21 PM
The reasons are simple.

I agree with everything you said. I still can't believe James decided Miami was the best option. He is going to be the 2nd man. Everyone knows it's Wade's team, and Wade is going to want and will end up taking the big shots in the playoffs.

James really is tarnishing his career by going there. He could have went to Chicago and had just as good of a chance at a ring, and would have been the top dog, like he obviously loves to be. Wade and James are both divas, which is why I still can't be 100% sold that he is going to end up picking Miami. It just doesn't make much sense for him, and outside of them, they have nothing else, and it's certainly no promise that they are even going to win anything.

ABOMB_56
07-08-2010, 06:21 PM
The one thing I don't get is, people are complaining about Lebron going to the Heat to play with 2 other superstars, well 1 superstar (Wade), 1 all-star (Bosh), but so many people are coming in and saying the Heat still wouldn't be the best team with Lebron. So if he isn't going to the best team, how is it a cop out? Lakers fans have said that they still feel that they could beat the Heat w/Lebron. He isn't going to the better team, he is going to a team with a better top 3 players. A true cop out would be going to play for the Lakers or Magic or a team that was already a 55+ win team w/o him

Atownballa5
07-08-2010, 06:22 PM
The reasons are simple.

btw, this^^^^

Hoopsadvocate
07-08-2010, 06:22 PM
I agree with most of what you said. And as a Bulls fan, I can tell you to get used to the hating. I remember the 90's like yesterday. When you're on top, everyone wants to bring you down.

I will say that my opinion is that if he goes anywhere but Cleveland he is going to look like an *** tonight for leaving his hometown high and dry. But even before all this free agent hoopla begun I had a pretty good idea that he was an egomaniac.

Congrats on the big signings if indeed the Lebron rumors are true. It will be interesting to watch these egos mesh from afar. I am also waiting to see what the Lakers are going to do now to strike back since we all know Kobe won't be going down without a fight...I think once the big domino falls tonight we will all see a lot of interesting things happen around the league for the next couple weeks.

I respect the response and i understadn what your saying as itt seems to be more and more true. And if he doesnt come here and goes to chicago ill enjoy watching the two teams play in the near future. Though im sure your franchise will be fine and is not done competiting in the near future regrdless of what we hear at 9 pm

Hoopsadvocate
07-08-2010, 06:24 PM
The one thing I don't get is, people are complaining about Lebron going to the Heat to play with 2 other superstars, well 1 superstar (Wade), 1 all-star (Bosh), but so many people are coming in and saying the Heat still wouldn't be the best team with Lebron. So if he isn't going to the best team, how is it a cop out? Lakers fans have said that they still feel that they could beat the Heat w/Lebron. He isn't going to the better team, he is going to a team with a better top 3 players. A true cop out would be going to play for the Lakers or Magic or a team that was already a 55+ win team w/o him

Exactly thats what im talking about its so hypocritical.

Ticket Guy
07-08-2010, 06:26 PM
Thank you thank you for seeing it my way. I grew up watching Jordan and the Bulls. The Spurs were boring but you had to respect the elegance and the way the players respected the game. Kobe & Shaq got frustrating but they did it showtime style in suits and shades.

This has been the biggest fiasco I've ever witnessed in my years of watching the NBA or any sport. The NBA has just created a huge problem for the future if the rumors ring true and James ends up in Miami.

I honestly do not want him on my Bulls right now, I'd love for him to resign with Cleveland. That would create 5-6 teams to compete.

What idiot appears for interviews wearing sneakers and t-shirts?

Da Knicks
07-08-2010, 06:27 PM
I wish him the best wherever he goes since he did get people to watch the game again. Why the hate? Artest joined the lakers and left money, Odom did the same, Fisher well lets respect the story he gave since the doctors are only good in L.A., Gasol was the gift of West. They all want to win so bad that they let one man take all the credit when they could have any other star doing the same or better....

DABOYZ82
07-08-2010, 06:27 PM
I think this all crap..... Sorry guys but I congrats. to miami if it happends but it will only be the starting five trying to do all the work... what about the bench.... the bench plays a major role as well. They will get tired throughout the season and then what..... they wont have a solid bench to turn to because all Miami's money went to these three guys...

I am just amazed.... LOL!! oh well... This offseason is going to get VERY interesting... many trades are going to occur due to Miami's gain.... I cant wait to see what happends

DABOYZ82
07-08-2010, 06:29 PM
Boston signed Jermaine O'neal right????
If that is true that is an example that teams are going to start going after top name players..

ABOMB_56
07-08-2010, 06:29 PM
Thank you thank you for seeing it my way. I grew up watching Jordan and the Bulls. The Spurs were boring but you had to respect the elegance and the way the players respected the game. Kobe & Shaq got frustrating but they did it showtime style in suits and shades.

This has been the biggest fiasco I've ever witnessed in my years of watching the NBA or any sport. The NBA has just created a huge problem for the future if the rumors ring true and James ends up in Miami.

I honestly do not want him on my Bulls right now, I'd love for him to resign with Cleveland. That would create 5-6 teams to compete.

What idiot appears for interviews wearing sneakers and t-shirts?

The kind that is going to make about 16 mil next year, nearly 1/4 billion in his career, and will make more money than you ever will.

Ticket Guy
07-08-2010, 06:30 PM
I wish him the best wherever he goes since he did get people to watch the game again. Why the hate? Artest joined the lakers and left money, Odom did the same, Fisher well lets respect the story he gave since the doctors are only good in L.A., Gasol was the gift of West. They all want to win so bad that they let one man take all the credit when they could have any other star doing the same or better....

Uh no.
Odom was traded for Shaq.
Gasol was traded
Artest signed as a FA.

The 3 didn't talk to the world on twitter and flash themselves around the TV for 3 weeks. There is no credit. Look at the champions since 1980, none of them plotted, it developed naturally, elegantly, with teamwork and hard work. This free agency isn't something to be respected.

Hoopsadvocate
07-08-2010, 06:32 PM
I think this all crap..... Sorry guys but I congrats. to miami if it happends but it will only be the starting five trying to do all the work... what about the bench.... the bench plays a major role as well. They will get tired throughout the season and then what..... they wont have a solid bench to turn to because all Miami's money went to these three guys...

I am just amazed.... LOL!! oh well... This offseason is going to get VERY interesting... many trades are going to occur due to Miami's gain.... I cant wait to see what happends

To answer the bench question in short: Juwan howard, raja bell, Brad Miller, Jerry Stackhouse, Kurt thomas, Q rich, carlos arroyo at worst!!!.

And i agree with the last bolded part which is why i think its not over competition wise. Teams/players will see they need to team up to even have a chance. And while the competition might not be as spread out there will be 4-5 very elite teams.

Ticket Guy
07-08-2010, 06:32 PM
The kind that is going to make about 16 mil next year, nearly 1/4 billion in his career, and will make more money than you ever will.

Haha. whatever you say man. either way me and them will be making more than you make your whole life in 1 year:)

Cheers.

DABOYZ82
07-08-2010, 06:33 PM
Lebron is a cop out... Cavs had a great season close to reaching the finals... they worked hard to rebuild there organization, Mike Brown was a good coach and Cavs picked up good players... James just couldnt finish the job.... so he is a quitter... knowing they got so far.. why stop... Cavs just needed to add a few more pieces and who knows what they would be able to do this coming season.

Hoopsadvocate
07-08-2010, 06:33 PM
Uh no.
Gasol was traded
Artest signed as a FA.

The 3 didn't talk to the world on twitter and flash themselves around the TV for 3 weeks. There is no credit. Look at the champions since 1980, none of them plotted, it developed naturally, elegantly, with teamwork and hard work. This free agency isn't something to be respected.

Um hes right i believe hes referring to this past offseason when he resigned with the lakers.

downsos
07-08-2010, 06:40 PM

Look at the positives:

These FA are gaining the attention. Not the NBA. Once this is over, the NBA goes back to #3. The biggest FA since I can't remember when >>>> Regular season baseball. Regular FA =< Basbeall.

Lloyd Christmas
07-08-2010, 06:41 PM
I get why people are angry, but its not like the heat can blow everyone out of the water with a total team salary like in baseball. They are not the Yankees. There is a salary cap in the NBA. I personally will enjoy rooting for whatever team plays against the Heat, but if it comes to a NBA finals between the Lakers and Heat then I will root for the Heat every time.

Maybe its just me being a Warriors fan where I know my team has no shot so...whatever.

97NYer
07-08-2010, 06:48 PM
I understand your point, but Kareem/Magic/Worthy didn't all take paycuts to play together.

ABOMB_56
07-08-2010, 06:49 PM
Haha. whatever you say man. either way me and them will be making more than you make your whole life in 1 year:)

Cheers.

Keep making assumptions about me, but you are right. You will make more than me for now because I'm only a high school sophomore, so I would hope you would make more than me

And I would be willing to bet that LBJ will make more than you will because maybe 5% of the world would be making anywhere near 1/4 of a billion or more

8kobe24
07-08-2010, 06:50 PM

Look at the positives:

Kareem came via trade, not a free agent, magic and worthy were drafted. So these guys didn't come out and say lets have a free agent summit and build our team.

Anyway, all I'm saying is this is wade's team, lebron being 2nd fiddle obviously (if he joins the heat). Not quite the prophecy his tattoo says on his back "CHOSEN 1". So there you go, not bashing him, but just downgrading his "STAT" just a little bit.

97NYer
07-08-2010, 06:52 PM
Uh no.
Gasol was traded
Artest signed as a FA.

Word.

KnicksR4Real
07-08-2010, 06:54 PM
He will a hated player in NY if he goes to Miami... Cleveland, makes sense, so it's more understanding

Bornknick73
07-08-2010, 06:55 PM
Cuz it looks like a ****ing set up!! A lot of teams made moves hoping to get one of these guys, mine included. If you were just gonna go to the same team wtf!! All these teams made all these moves for nothing. Maybe some didnt make a ton of moves but plenty of teams made moves with this summer in mind. Waste of time.

If this is how it plays out expect a ton of national negative press towards all 3 of them, followed by a parade in Miami. And a scandoulous tell all book in 15 years detailing the plot.

TheLakeshow24
07-08-2010, 06:56 PM
Go Lakers!

JWO35
07-08-2010, 06:58 PM
lol
I agree with you man, I rarely call people haters because everybody is entitled to their opinion....but some people seem just mad because the Heat are a threat to dominant for a good 5+yrs if LeBron signs with them.

Me, I really don't give a damn...

lamonster
07-08-2010, 07:01 PM
Anyone else feel LeBron is going to announce his retirement tonight? That would make more sense then jumping on Wade's coat tails! ALL HAIL QUEEN JAMES!!!

ABOMB_56
07-08-2010, 07:01 PM
Cuz it looks like a ****ing set up!! A lot of teams made moves hoping to get one of these guys, mine included. If you were just gonna go to the same team wtf!! All these teams made all these moves for nothing. Maybe some didnt make a ton of moves but plenty of teams made moves with this summer in mind. Waste of time.

If this is how it plays out expect a ton of national negative press towards all 3 of them, followed by a parade in Miami. And a scandoulous tell all book in 15 years detailing the plot.

:cry: Then don't put all of your eggs in one basket. There is no way in hell that you are going to complain if LBJ chose the Knicks tonight at the press conference. So don't whine over the fact your team gutted their roster and made major moves for an OPPORTUNITY to get these big time FA's. There was only 1 LBJ and 6 teams coveting him.

hugepatsfan
07-08-2010, 07:06 PM
I respect 3 stars for taking less money and glory (especially Lebron - he can kiss any GOAT chances he had good bye if he goes to MIA) to play together. I don't think the team is going to dominate like everyones else though.

ClayMatthews
07-08-2010, 07:06 PM
Im not sure if your a baseball fan but do you like to see the yankees win all the time? Most of us would say no. The talent should be distributed among a variety of teams. Thats why people love to watch the sport. Nobody wants to see blowouts or teams easily winning championships. People like competitive games. If lebron joins the heat i will be disappointed. My greatest fear is soon certain nfl players will do this.

Dmac
07-08-2010, 07:08 PM

Well if James decided to stay in Cleveland, wouldn't it still have been a waste of time for all the other teams? Only one team was going to get him regardless. Just because the other teams didn't land him, at least they made an effort and the pitch to try and get him. It is hardly a waste of time. There was always going to be one winner and five losers in the derby.

HoopsDrive
07-08-2010, 07:10 PM
Here's the bottomline for the people who think this is bad:

If the 3 joined YOUR team you wouldn't be :cry:

Me personally, I'm loving all this. Dynasties >>> 1 or 2 or 3 teams that are only average.

northsider
07-08-2010, 07:11 PM
I am a big Bulls fan but, I am prob. a casual NBA fan in whole and if James goes to the Heat that will def. be allot less I would rather him just staying in Cleveland then do this big three thing. It's the same reason no one likes the Yankees except Yankees fans.

Chicagofaithful
07-08-2010, 07:12 PM
u know why everyone will hate the super friends? Because of their fans... dead serious... its the starting point for any hatred, unless you have obnoxious players, like Lebron who dances on the court. At the end of the day, it will be out of spite towards Miami fans for being so obnoxious. Just like bulls fans would have been, or nets fans, or Knicks fans... but since you're team is the one who got all of them together, you get to celebrate and be dicks... hence you're team is hated...

pacofunk64
07-08-2010, 07:14 PM
I love & respect all 3 of these guys and don't blame them at all to want to team up & be the best. This will no doubt make them the target for all teams and you bet that every team will put forth a little more effort then they would normally. Me being a Bulls fan will be disappointed when it is announced he is going to Miami but just think of the re-joice if the Bulls can beat them.

northsider
07-08-2010, 07:14 PM
Here's the bottomline for the people who think this is bad:

If the 3 joined YOUR team you wouldn't be :cry:

Me personally, I'm loving all this. Dynasties >>> 1 or 2 or 3 teams that are only average.

The fact that with these three together makes the East so lopsided makes it suck alone. As a casual NBA fan it would just no be as fun to watch a league with such a predictable outcome.

Master Mind
07-08-2010, 07:26 PM
Last time I checked this was the Pros, I don't expect teams to just lay down. Anybody can be beaten on any given night, nothing's guaranteed in sports...So don't think with LBJ in Miami guarantees them a championship, they have to work for it just like everybody else...And if you don't like it write a letter to your team's front office...

Giantwarrior
07-08-2010, 07:26 PM
People are concerned about the distribution of talent in the league. To a lot of people, James staying in Cle or going to NY or NJ would be more admirable because it'd be more of a challenge to him, and those are teams who need him much more. Maybe they see him going to MIA as something unfair. There's a lot of hypocrisy here with people frustrated at the situation, yeah, but that's expected.

I cant agree with you more....:clap:

i know its all everyone talks about, "how many rings do you have?" but the game is more then that. Lebron has a very special gift and he can do some great things. We all feel that he is selling himself short by joining the Heat. His one Championship in Cleveland would be greater the 3 in Miami. at the end of the day he makes his own bed, but he will tarnish his legacy by joining the Heat.

I hope he makes the right choice.

LAKERS4LIFE!!
07-08-2010, 07:28 PM
People have a reason to hate on these 3 Diva's ... They all just love the attention and I have no more respect for all of them! I still love Pat Riley though... It's sad how Lebron doesn't mind being the #2 guy on your team. If he goes to Miami, he lose's all hope of ever being considered GOAT, even if he won 6 or 7 rings. I'm glad Kobe has a completely different personality that Lebron.

HoopsDrive
07-08-2010, 07:36 PM
The fact that with these three together makes the East so lopsided makes it suck alone. As a casual NBA fan it would just no be as fun to watch a league with such a predictable outcome.

Can't speak for casual fans since I'm not one of them but the reality is that people are just :cry: because it's another team. What if the 3 joined YOUR team. How would you feel? I'm pretty sure you wouldn't be :cry: unless they were tears of joy.

AddiX
07-08-2010, 07:37 PM
Bron is like Hulk Hogan starting the NWO

Chicagofan911x
07-08-2010, 07:37 PM
the way they unprofessionally handled the free agent summer pisses me off.

Dwaye had the chance to be with his kids and win and he chose to be with his friends and win.......... Lost respect

Lebron owes it to cleveland, but I understand the business side of it. However, turning the NBA into the WWE makes me loose respect for Lebron. Happy you changed numbers. You dont deserve 23 and hang your jersey up in your room so you know how may rings you will never get.

Bosh is like a little brother trying to tag along with the cool guys. What a ****in loser. Get your own identity. What a leech. A guy that cant win without a super elite team makes me lose mad respect for Bosh.

The Drama king, Dwayne "I chose fun over family" and Chris "wheres dwayne" Bosh can all suck it. I hope they never win a champioship. Teams will man up and play realphysical defense everytime they play those scabs.
Athletes arent gonna get on their knees for these athletes theyre gonna hit them in the mouth and give them a rude awakening.

HoopsDrive
07-08-2010, 07:40 PM

Dwaye had the chance to be with his kids and win and he chose to be with his friends and win.......... Lost respect

Lebron owes it to cleveland, but I understand the business side of it. However, turning the NBA into the WWE makes me loose respect for Lebron. Happy you changed numbers. You dont deserve 23 and hang your jersey up in your room so you know how may rings you will never get.

Bosh is like a little brother trying to tag along with the cool guys. What a ****in loser. Get your own identity. What a leech. A guy that cant win without a super elite team makes me lose mad respect for Bosh.

The Drama king, Dwayne "I chose fun over family" and Chris "wheres dwayne" Bosh can all suck it. I hope they never win a champioship and that man up and play physical defense everytime they play those scabs.

Here's the definition of a HATER. What if they all joined the Bulls? This post wouldn't exist and you'd be now streaking in the streets of Chi town due to happiness.

Korman12
07-08-2010, 07:41 PM
As for all the teams dumping their salaries at chance for this summer's FA class: tough *******. Basing your organization by sucking shouldn't be a cause-way for success, ever.

Lakersho
07-08-2010, 07:41 PM

...I sat here reading the the post ,and so for this one is the only that isnt cryin or why is he boo hoo, come on. and anyway a thread just for it ? like you stated in your post "I DONT CARE ,LET HIM GO TO THE HEAT " If LBJ wants to be robin , and give the cape and gadget belt to d. wade , and ride biotch in the batmobile ,and lapdogg with his head out the window , bitin at the air . cool come get some, we serve it hot so be first in line... D.WADE is a great player,long on heart, bosh is alright , not great, LBJ with the ball in his hands mean, but he couldn't run his own team so, not as impressive as I used to think . not a bit of hate , MY OPINION. Back to ABOM's post ,your right, " WE DONT CARE " bring it.....

Korman12
07-08-2010, 07:43 PM

The Drama king, Dwayne "I chose fun over family" and Chris "wheres dwayne" Bosh can all suck it. I hope they never win a champioship. Teams will man up and play realphysical defense everytime they play those scabs.
Athletes arent gonna get on their knees for these athletes theyre gonna hit them in the mouth and give them a rude awakening.

A good case of someone who's taking stranger's lives way, way too personally. You don't like people for what they're doing so you make a mental perception of them that sounds like they're stealing money from dying children.

Oh no, they want to win a championship, what a**holes.

HoopsDrive
07-08-2010, 07:45 PM
A good case of someone who's taking stranger's lives way, way too personally. You don't like people for what they're doing so you make a mental perception of them that sounds like they're stealing money from dying children.

Lmao nice

Chicagofan911x
07-08-2010, 07:47 PM

huh thats absolutely incorrect, you can win champioships professionally. Dwayne could win in Chicago or Miami. I lost respect for him because he chose Miami over family. LOST RESPECT this has nothing to do with hating him for wanting to win. Learn to comprehend posts korman

Chicagofan911x
07-08-2010, 07:51 PM
Here's the definition of a HATER. What if they all joined the Bulls? This post wouldn't exist and you'd be now streaking in the streets of Chi town due to happiness.

I am a hater, I am DA HATER, I also praise too.

I have become an oklahoma city fan, gained mroe respect for Kobe and the way he handles himself.

If dwayne came to chicago then I wouldnt have lost respect due to the fact hed win and be with him family.

If he won custody of his kids and moved them to Miami I would lose ZERO respect.

If lebron didnt turn the nba into a soap opera and just decided to go to miami, then i wouldnt lose any respect for him. Id amire him, but he didnt do that.

Korman12
07-08-2010, 07:52 PM
huh thats absolutely incorrect, you can win champioships professionally. Dwayne could win in Chicago or Miami. I lost respect for him because he chose Miami over family. LOST RESPECT this has nothing to do with hating him for wanting to win. Learn to comprehend posts korman

How is he choosing Miami over his family? His family should hold the cards to his future?

If you were playing professionally somewhere and your family lived somewhere else, you would go there, no question? Wade's been in Miami for seven seasons. He's won a championship there, been an All-Star there, been the face of their franchise. Most people knew he wasn't going to leave (and if you thought he was you were mistaken) because he was in a very good situation.

All i'm saying is you're putting too much value in what you find to be respect.

LAKERS4LIFE!!
07-08-2010, 07:54 PM
People are taking "losing respect" for "Hating" ...

Idc the heat should get cp3 while they're at it... Bynum and Gasol are going to be waaaay too much for Bosh anyways.

HoopsDrive
07-08-2010, 07:56 PM

I have become an oklahoma city fan, gained mroe respect for Kobe and the way he handles himself.

If dwayne came to chicago then I wouldnt have lost respect due to the fact hed win and be with him family.

If he won custody of his kids and moved them to Miami I would lose ZERO respect.

If lebron didnt turn the nba into a soap opera and just decided to go to miami, then i wouldnt lose any respect for him. Id amire him, but he didnt do that.

Because Wade's kids should dictate where he will play for the next 5 years.

Wade's kids: "Papa I wanna see u play in Minny!!!"

Wade: ****

ChiCubsFan
07-08-2010, 07:57 PM
I am not watching the Lebron show tonight in total protest to these uneducated morons of the NBA. I dont want them to get the ratings. Watching Lebron and Bosh on the court will be like watching the Simple Life with Nicole Richie and Paris Hilton.

YankeeFan28
07-08-2010, 07:59 PM

No offense, but Kobe made a big stink with demanding a trade. He's no saint himself. None of these players are.

The media turned the NBA into a soap opera.

JordanPippen
07-08-2010, 08:00 PM

Look at the positives:

Freudian slip? I think you guys have one of the flakiest fan bases in the NBA and don't deserve a super team.

apocalypse15
07-08-2010, 08:00 PM

Look at the positives:

If they didn't care about money then all 3 would take a HUGE pay cut to allow Miami to sign other veterans. You honestly think Miami is going to be the force in the NBA? Until they make a whole team, I don't see 3 guys beating a team of 12...

Bean
07-08-2010, 08:01 PM
Since when were sports so serious that we can't hate a team/player?

lilboytwister99
07-08-2010, 08:04 PM
The reasons are simple.

:clap: Thank YOU! I totally agree. I think this whole free agency thing was tampered all along. If ya think about it, Lebron going to NY would make sense because it would possibly bring the Knicks back into the picture. Sure, he's probably going to join his two buddies in Miami, but he has to realize that Miami is D-Wade's team, and Lebron will never really be able to say Miami is HIS team. As far as Bosh goes, yeah whatever superstar if you wanna call him that. He's just along for the ride.

Lakersho
07-08-2010, 08:09 PM
No offense, but Kobe made a big stink with demanding a trade. He's no saint himself. None of these players are.

The media turned the NBA into a soap opera.

...SO very true,kobe needed help and f.o. didnt get'em any so ya ,he said then trade me , they got'em help and here we are 2 rings later. alls forgiven.:) espn has got all these teams, fans , frothing at the mouth, putting out every little bit of rumor so as to get , " THEM " more ratings and people watching . Always about the money...

lakerssssssss
07-08-2010, 08:19 PM

Look at the positives:

People constantly derided kobe saying that he can't win without shaq, and he gets hated even when he won the title w/o shaq. If lebron goes to a team where he has wade on his team, there should be no reason why ppl shouldn't hate him. Don't bring up the stupid argument why weren't magic/kareem/worthy hated.

Where was that argument when Kobe was hated for winning his titles as not the #1 man.

Bringing up this argument for Lebron and not kobe is hypocrisy.

smith&wesson
07-08-2010, 08:31 PM
its cuz were scurred lol hahaha...

but for real i for one think lebron and wade are the next jordan and pippen.

if it happends

im interested to see all of them play together. if i start cheering though ill be a bandwagon fan.

its still all about my below 500 raptors for me lol but ill enjoy some miami games no doubt.

Angel2Maverick
07-08-2010, 09:47 PM
Boston VS Miami= EPIC