PDA

View Full Version : Carlos Boozer - Sign-and-trade agreement reached with Bulls/Jazz - 5 yr/$76 Million

JordansBulls
07-08-2010, 04:57 PM
Part I (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=505192)

Link (http://www.deseretnews.com/article/700046560/Utah-Jazz-Sign-and-trade-agreement-reached-with-Bulls-for-Carlos-Boozer.html)

The Jazz have reached a sign-and-trade agreement with the Chicago Bulls that will net Utah a valuable traded player exception.

The Jazz will send a protected future second-round draft choice to Chicago, which on Wednesday agreed to terms on a five-year contract with unrestricted free agent Carlos Boozer believed to be valued in the $75-to-80 million. In return, Utah gets the traded player exception, or TPE.

The TPE allows the Jazz to acquire one or more players via trade with any other team any time over the next year even if their acquisition leaves Utah over the NBA's team payroll salary cap of $58.044 million, as long as their salary or combined salaries do not exceed the total of the amount of money Boozer will make in his first year with the Bulls plus $100,000.

That first-salary figure for Boozer is expected to be in the $13 million range.

The Jazz will technically sign Boozer to his contract, then trade him and the pick to the Bulls for the exception essentially a paperwork transaction.

It was not immediately known what the protection is on the second-round draft choice.

Link (http://www.chicagobreakingsports.com/2010/07/bulls-jazz-will-make-boozer-sign-and-trade.html)

Technically, Carlos Boozer will become a sign-and-trade transaction, a league source told the Tribune.

The Bulls will acquire a protected second-round pick from the Jazz, who will sign Boozer to a five-year, $76 million contract and then trade him. The Jazz will receive a traded player exception in return that will allow them to acquire players totaling near $13 million any time in the next year, even if the traded players take the Jazz over the league's $58 million salary cap.

The move is a win-win for both teams, who long have held a good working relationship.

Jazz Get:
TPE

Bulls Get:
Protected 2nd rounder
Boozer
More cap space in year 1

Cub_StuckinSTL
07-08-2010, 05:00 PM
Good deal for the bulls.

Catfish1314
07-08-2010, 05:26 PM
Good deal for the Jazz too. They can make good use of that TPE.

Vidball
07-08-2010, 05:35 PM
Nice to see Boozer help out his former team...wonder if LBJ will do the same if he leaves.

Kakaroach
07-08-2010, 05:39 PM
I really hope KOC uses this 13 million TE for us, we could make a big trade with it. Thanks I guess Boozer.

Jenceman
07-08-2010, 05:44 PM
Yeah, a nice gesture by Boozer.

-Big-Baby-
07-08-2010, 05:46 PM
Nice to see Boozer help out his former team...wonder if LBJ will do the same if he leaves.

hope bosh does the same.......

eibbor
07-08-2010, 05:49 PM

Nice to see him do something good after he ********* the Cavs early on.

tdunk21
07-08-2010, 05:50 PM
isnt it less than wat rudy gay was offered?

fadedmario
07-08-2010, 05:50 PM
classy move Boozer

Cub_StuckinSTL
07-08-2010, 05:51 PM
Nice to see him do something good after he ********* the Cavs early on.

I know Cleveland fans hate him but Boozer didn't even slap them in the face as bad as Bosh did. I mean it has to have something to due with the FO there and that city having nothing to offer.

tdunk21
07-08-2010, 05:53 PM
i hope boozer loses for ditching jazz...i feel bad for deron williams

eibbor
07-08-2010, 05:56 PM
I know Cleveland fans hate him but Boozer didn't even slap them in the face as bad as Bosh did. I mean it has to have something to due with the FO there and that city having nothing to offer.

I'm not a Cav fan nor do I disagree with ya... But Bosh never said he was going to resign and bail.

Honestly, I think Chi town getting Boozer greatly improves their team and I'm happy for them to be honest. However, I still hate the guy and think he is classless lol

For the record I'm not a Cavs or Chi fan... I'm an NBA fan so I'm kinda neutral. I did however watch the bulls growing up.. But hey, I'm in Indiana... We have WGN Chi station and of course ya know.. Those Pacers lol

king4day
07-08-2010, 05:57 PM
If the Bulls have the cap space now to sign Lebron outright, and he still goes to Miami, then his lack of college is starting to show.
That's his best shot at a title.

Rose
a shooter
Lebron
Boozer
Noah

That's balance.
I'd rather have a great PG and big man than two of the same player and a big man.
Plus, the Heat won't come close to finding anyone of Noah's stature for the vet min at center. Then you have Chicago's bench... But he chooses Miami?

eibbor
07-08-2010, 06:01 PM
If the Bulls have the cap space now to sign Lebron outright, and he still goes to Miami, then his lack of college is starting to show.
That's his best shot at a title.

Rose
a shooter
Lebron
Boozer
Noah

That's balance.
I'd rather have a great PG and big man than two of the same player and a big man.
Plus, the Heat won't come close to finding anyone of Noah's stature for the vet min. Then you have Chicago's bench... But he chooses Miami?

You could make that same argument and subtract LBJ and add Wade though.

Trust me I do not disagree with ya. Mix n match either way you want tho and the team is young and on fire.

Maybe there is something to the whole Bulls management thing ;)

Lo Porto
07-08-2010, 06:07 PM
Classy move by Chicago and Boozer. I regained some respect for Booz through this move.

Kakaroach
07-08-2010, 06:16 PM
Classy move by Chicago and Boozer. I regained some respect for Booz through this move. Me too, glad he decided not to leave us bare.

netsgiantsyanks
07-08-2010, 06:24 PM
good move by boozer....at least i know now that hes not as much as a ******* as he used to be

JordansBulls
07-08-2010, 07:31 PM
Classy move by Chicago and Boozer. I regained some respect for Booz through this move.

Why is this?

lakerfan3118
07-08-2010, 07:39 PM
Welcome the Paul Milsap Era in Utah.
The Jazz save money, and they have a serviceable replacement waiting in the wings.

ChiSox219
07-08-2010, 07:44 PM
Nice, not often do you sign a UFA and get an extra pick for giving up nothing in return.

I heart GarPax

SANDBURG23
07-08-2010, 07:55 PM
Cool we get a second round also. No wonder toronto so mad, they don't want to give up a second for the right to lose Bosh.

Bucsfan
07-08-2010, 07:56 PM
boozer did us a favor? how is he classy now? this was done by mangement....not boozer

oh i cant wait to play the bulls! milly vs boozer

Bucsfan
07-08-2010, 07:58 PM
bbut at the same time im glad the bulls did us a favor when they didnt have too...

either way im happy we got something out of the deal...now lets see what the jazz do with it

IndiansFan337
07-08-2010, 08:02 PM
isnt it less than wat rudy gay was offered?

Yes. Gay got the max.

The Smurf
07-08-2010, 08:02 PM
boozer did us a favor? how is he classy now? this was done by mangement....not boozer

oh i cant wait to play the bulls! milly vs boozer

Dont you get that it is a sign and trade? The only way the sign part of that equation happens is if Boozer agrees to it.

WhosisKid
07-08-2010, 08:14 PM
You know, I always wanted Boozer if possible. But the way he has acted the last 36 hours has made me truly love the guy. So classy. So passionate about joining the team.

I'm just delighted he is a Bull.

And for the first time in five years we might have someone who can score consistently within 5 feet of the basket. No more shooting from the perimeter or relying on drives.

Lakersho
07-08-2010, 08:18 PM
...class act stay down boozer, jazz came out cool...

zambo4president
07-08-2010, 08:20 PM
Good move for both sides :clap: