PDA

View Full Version : Devils need scoring

Lostnearhell
07-08-2010, 03:59 PM
After the two defensive moves I figured it was a forgone conclusion that meant Kovalchuk was out. And I looked at the roster and wondered where is the scoring going to come from?

Here is my break down:
Parise - Peaking
Zajac - Peaking
Langenbrunner - Aging, On the way down
Rolston - Aging, On the way down :facepalm:
Zurbus - Not much there :facepalm:
Arnott - Aging, On the way down :confused:
Elias - Aging, On the way down
Clarkson - Peaking

Those are our top forwards???? That looks ugly as far as offense goes. With Marty getting older its pretty important we add another guy that can take the pressure of Parise.

It wasn't until that stupid NY post report that Kovy was resigning with us that I started to get excited that it was still possible. Since I am back to where I was and don't see it happening we still need to add a weapon. Maybe Gange? Frolov? Afinogenov? Thoughts?

NYJshane88
07-08-2010, 04:25 PM
Some extra scoring would be nice but none of those 3 guys you mentioned are worth it, especially for the money they'll want. I think we'd be ok with our current lineup but we're not out of the Kovy running yet. Supposedly the Kings jumped back in, then jumped right back out so looks like we're the only team after him at the moment.

If that's the case, Lou should lower his offer to about 7-7.5M per year instead of 8.5, that's way too much.

Parisefan09
07-08-2010, 06:01 PM
I agree that the deal that the devils offered him is way to much but if the devils go down to 7-7.5M per year he may just end up going to the KHL and rite now they need someone to put the puck in the net.

Lostnearhell
07-09-2010, 09:31 AM
We will be in the bottom 5 of the league in scoring with that lineup

patbay
07-09-2010, 10:57 AM
Does anyone here think we should go after Bobby Ryan? He is from nj, younger than Kovy, a little cheaper than Kovy. I personally think he would be a great fit with the devils

Parisefan09
07-09-2010, 06:23 PM
I agree about bobby ryan he's younger than kovy, isnt as proven but has a lot of potential being the second pick after crosby and negociations between him and the ducks dont seem to be going anywhere.

BossMagglio
07-12-2010, 04:53 AM
If the Devils fail to land Kovy, and it appears he may be headed to LA now, I want them to go hard after Alexander Semin. He's been said to be on the block for the right price, and I actually think Semin is a better pure scorer than Kovalchuk. I'd love to see him added to the Devils top 6 forwards. I know Eklund speculated on a Semin for Brodeur swap a month ago, but that is extremely unlikely to happen. I wonder if there is another way to get it done.

Lostnearhell
07-14-2010, 02:49 PM
Eklund rumors are useless. Fun to read but really useless. I don't know how we get Semin tho. They wouldn't take Rolston, to get Semin you would have to give up Zajac. I know Rolston has a NTC, and NMC so unfortunatly I don't think he will want to go anywhere and no one will want that cap hit. Id say it was one of Lou's biggest mistakes. It's really coming back to hurt us. If you take Rolston off the books it would have been easy to Sign Kovy and Keep Parise With Arnott and Jamie being UFA after next year. I just want this Kovy thing to be over so I know what our team will look like. We either need Kabrle or we need a good 30 goal scoring winger.

Lostnearhell
07-14-2010, 02:51 PM
You really gotta look for the Islanders to make some kinda splash here. They have 27 Mil in cap room and a crap load of spots open. I wouldn't be suprised if they are decent next year. Their top earning forward makes 2 mil. No other one even hits 1 mil. They should be a pretty interesting team next year