PDA

View Full Version : LBJ,WADE,BOSH,CP3 Pact to join the same team.!?

TEXASTITAN
07-08-2010, 03:24 PM
Found this on ESPN and i thought it was very insightful and makes perfect sense for the circus of free agency latley. It also would explain why chris paul just joined lebrons marketing group. I mean isn't this some sort of collusion?

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/100708

J$mo0th_3o5
07-08-2010, 03:30 PM
:laugh: Now it's just getting ridiculous!

DaoudS
07-08-2010, 03:31 PM
I read this in the morning. ****ing ridiculous. I really hope it doesn't happen for the sake of the game.

Raidaz4Life
07-08-2010, 03:31 PM
Oh good lord you've got to be kidding

AllTimeBest
07-08-2010, 03:32 PM
If this happened I would no longer watch the NBA. Have a hard time believing it could though.

jetsforever
07-08-2010, 03:34 PM
That would be hilarious.

gbpackers12
07-08-2010, 03:34 PM
**** it. Trade for Dwight at Center and you'll have your starting 5.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
07-08-2010, 03:35 PM
thanks Stern

Ethix11
07-08-2010, 03:36 PM
Ive said this could happen before. All Chris Paul has to do is request a trade and force his way to Miami and then Miami can package Beasley and the trade exemption to make it work.

TEXASTITAN
07-08-2010, 03:36 PM
It puts things into perspective and they start falling into place they are like a boy band going from town to town with their circus act.

TheGiantYankee
07-08-2010, 03:37 PM
Another yankees? Get it done Heat

Lets go :clap:

Baseballcb95
07-08-2010, 03:37 PM
LMAO now i truly feel for the rest of the NBA, wade and riley are pure masterminds, no way around it,

The Raven
07-08-2010, 03:38 PM
you've got to be kidding me

jetsforever
LMAO now i truly feel for the rest of the NBA, wade and riley are pure masterminds, no way around it,

I don't think they really did that much....

Holydiver
the NBA is rigged. we all see it, but refuse to accept it 100%. I think after this summer, we can all come to the realization that it is a complete and utter joke.

TEXASTITAN
07-08-2010, 03:39 PM
**** it. Trade for Dwight at Center and you'll have your starting 5.

Nah they don't have to do that because Yao Ming is a free agent next year they can just sign him and have Yao,Lebron,Wade,Bosh,Paul and there you go. Mineswell not even watch an NBA game anymore i mean does stern realize what a joke this has become and how toxic situations like this are to the NBA as a brand?

cantstopthee
07-08-2010, 03:39 PM
wow.

jetsforever
07-08-2010, 03:40 PM
Salary cap though? Can they really afford this?

TEXASTITAN
07-08-2010, 03:41 PM
If they are willing to take less money to go there i think anything is a possibility.

Holydiver
07-08-2010, 03:42 PM
this is why the NFL is so much better than the NBA. Hell, soccer might surpass this fricken league

RECOGNiiZ3
07-08-2010, 03:43 PM
they would win 82 games lollll

jEtS60
07-08-2010, 03:43 PM
this is bs, if this happens, there it is a 10 year dynasty i wont watch the nba anymore

DaBUU
07-08-2010, 03:44 PM

is masterminds are new way to describe scumbag fake sneaky slimeballs? interesting

kingkobe
07-08-2010, 03:44 PM
As a Laker fan I can't be any happier if this happens. So that's what it takes for these so called "Superstars", "Kings", "best shooting guard", "best point guard" and "best small forward" to beat the Lakers?

WOW. this is pathetic. And if they lose with this team they should go drown in those oil filled beaches.

DMasta718
07-08-2010, 03:45 PM
Its like they're trying to make the all star game irrelevant.

jaysfan46
07-08-2010, 03:46 PM

Seriously? More like Riley's a lucky ****ing bastard that they chose his team.

TEXASTITAN
07-08-2010, 03:46 PM
I don't see how it's not some form of collusion especially if this can be proved that they all agreed to do this a few years ago. And then you throw out that wade might have been ''scouting'' the competition instead of actually having a desire to sign with them and there's alot more questions than answers.

oak2455
07-08-2010, 03:48 PM
Magic and Kareem too....stfu:D

m26555
That team would NOT work well together.

sieve00
this is bs, if this happens, there it is a 10 year dynasty i wont watch the nba anymore

Still won't be able to beat Kobe and the Lakers.

DCB/LAL
07-08-2010, 03:49 PM
WOW you know how much this would improve(Greatest Player ever status) Kobes legacy if he were to knock these guys out this year so he beats Lebron, Wade and Bosh this year......then they go add CP3 and he knocks them off again both in the Finals?! DO IT!!!

Too bad the HEAT can't though no cap space its a nice thought but Kobe wont get that chance he's only gonna knock Lebron, Wade and Bosh sadly no CP3.

JNA17
07-08-2010, 03:50 PM
if the lakers still won and beat that team in the finals, those 4 will go down as the most disgraced players in nba history.

levignjw
If this ever happened **** the Pistons...I'll have my Wade jersey expidited next day air.

twoearl
Another yankees? Get it done Heat

Lets go :clap:

Yup. Looks like the Heat have become the Yankees of the NBA.

8kobe24
07-08-2010, 03:51 PM
As a Laker fan I can't be any happier if this happens. So that's what it takes for these so called "Superstars", "Kings", "best shooting guard", "best point guard" and "best small forward" to beat the Lakers?

WOW. this is pathetic. And if they lose with this team they should go drown in those oil filled beaches.

My thoughts exactly. This is what it takes to TRY and take the Lakers down?! Frankly, I don't know how the trio of lebron, wade, and bosh would get along since all of them want to be #1 option. Sooner or later, the egos will kick in and that team will fall apart. There can only be 1 alpha male in the pack. Anyway, if this happens no one would watch the regular season or the early part of the playoffs because they know that it will be Lakers vs. Pseudo team USA in the finals.

JordanPippen
no.

Super.

:laugh:

The same Laker's that have lost to the Celtics had Perkins not gotten hurt?

This team would wreck anyone they wanted to.

Though the bench would BLOW

Baseballcb95
Seriously? More like Riley's a lucky ****ing bastard that they chose his team.

LMAO ur a bitter moron, since ur lacking any knowledge and intelect, ill try and break it down for you, for the last 2 or 3 years, Riley has taken a gamble, he wasted two years of wades prime, will likely use the #2 draftpick from 08 as a salary dump (he will be a 20/10 all star) and with all the opportunities to trade in expirings for players at the deadline, he kept true to his gamble nd its paying off 10fold, could he have goten brand and turner for nothing? yep, traded for amare at the deadline? probably. but he didnt, well they could go to the armpit we know as cleveland, right? nope, no cap space, toronto? nope, terrible team. THIS HAS 100% NOTHING TO DO WITH LUCK PERIOD. kthanksbye you d-bag

J4KOP99
07-08-2010, 03:52 PM
Bill Simmons at it again. Pretty good article though, I agree with most of the things he wrote.

DCB/LAL
07-08-2010, 03:53 PM
if the lakers still won and beat that team in the finals, those 4 will go down as the most disgraced players in nba history.

I can careless about them....people would have no choice but to praise Kobe as good if not better than MJ....MJ never beat a trio or Quads that good!! And with the Lakers size and chemistry no doubt they could roll with them dude.

Spades
Its like they're trying to make the all star game irrelevant.

:laugh2:

TEXASTITAN
I cant stop thinking that lebrons ego would rip any team with superstars to pieces eventually. I mean i can see bosh,wade,cp3 playing together but i just think lebron is so far into himself that there's virtually not enough ball to go around to keep everyone happy.

blah-blah
If this happens i will not watch another game of NBA basketball period. :bs:

DaoudS
07-08-2010, 03:54 PM

Except in the MLB the rosters across the organization are about 3 times bigger. Prospects. Teams get draft picks if a good free agent leaves. For every CC Sabathia and Mark Teixera there is a Zach Grienke, Jared Weaver and Kendry Morales. NBA and MLB do not compare.

JNA17

oh you mean the same lakers that have never been healthy in their 3 straight finals appearances? :rolleyes: Your logic fails miserably.

hgtiger32

haha CP3, Wade, Bron, and Bosh not beating LA? u are one too confident Laker fan who's team barely got past an old, 4 seed Boston Celtics...

Madness23
i guess they would have to allow them to play with at least 3 balls !! hahhahahahah

DaBUU
I like Bill Simmons, even though hes an admitted Celtics fan he never comes off as a homer.

DCB/LAL

This team would wreck anyone they wanted to.

Though the bench would BLOW

You mean the same Celtics that beat the Lakers in 08 because Bynum was hurt???

Or how about we talk about Bynum being hurt all series long ehh???

-Kobe24-TJ19-
07-08-2010, 03:55 PM
What if they would still lose to the lakers??

Riley would crap his pants

DCB/LAL
07-08-2010, 03:56 PM
haha CP3, Wade, Bron, and Bosh not beating LA? u are one too confident Laker fan who's team barely got past an old, 4 seed Boston Celtics...

Who barely got past an old Celtics team??? Wow ignorance at its best......name another team that knocked off the Celtics in the playoffs?

twoearl
WOW you know how much this would improve(Greatest Player ever status) Kobes legacy if he were to knock these guys out this year so he beats Lebron, Wade and Bosh this year......then they go add CP3 and he knocks them off again both in the Finals?! DO IT!!!

Too bad the HEAT can't though no cap space its a nice thought but Kobe wont get that chance he's only gonna knock Lebron, Wade and Bosh sadly no CP3.

Great point. IF Kobe beats Miami This year I think it should count for two rings!

The Ooh Child
I think I have a solution guys. Let's all just become Heat fans...

RECOGNiiZ3
lakers fans are scared. i would rather this go down in chicago though

JNA17
I can careless about them....people would have no choice but to praise Kobe as good if not better than MJ....MJ never beat a trio or Quads that good!! And with the Lakers size and chemistry no doubt they could roll with them dude.

i said before if the lakers still won the whole thing this next year even with lebron, wade and bosh on the heat, kobe's legacy will increase so much dramatically that people would literally flip flop on either Kobe or MJ. So also as a Lakers fan i would love to see this happen only to see the lakers still win anyway.

willthethrill22
07-08-2010, 03:57 PM
So instead of putting team USA together, they're just gonna send the Miami Heat to the Olympics

Twinsfan24
NBA is complete crap... its always the same teams. At least in the NFL there is balance between teams and its never just one team dominating all the team...

Raidaz4Life
You mean the same Celtics that beat the Lakers in 08 because Bynum was hurt???

Or how about we talk about Bynum being hurt all series long ehh???

I know right? The Celtics play one game without their serviceable center and all of a sudden the lakers only won because the Celtics didn't have Perkins, yet the Lakers played the entire series with their borderline all star center injured and nobody ever acknowledges it. When healthy Bynum is our third best player.

TEXASTITAN
Stern is an idiot IMO because all the talent in one place takes the balance out of the conference if not the NBA. I think ratings are going to go down big time and revenue if this goes through. But mabye it takes something like this to happen for new rules and regulations to be implemented in the future who knows.

DCB/LAL
07-08-2010, 03:58 PM
Great point. IF Kobe beats Miami This year I think it should count for two rings!

Yeah now that would get RATINGS!!

Thisisouryear!!
07-08-2010, 03:58 PM
NBA = Joke

JNA17
07-08-2010, 03:59 PM

welcome newbie, since you obviously have been here for very long, and what i mean by very long i mean today, then you will notice that all the lakers fans here are enjoying this and can't wait to see this happen :)

ldc62
07-08-2010, 03:59 PM
I like Bill Simmons, even though hes an admitted Celtics fan he never comes off as a homer.

so do i. but even when hes biased he admits it.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
07-08-2010, 04:00 PM
Another problem: You realize how many minutes these guys would log on a three-man team? About 42-44 minutes for 100 games and if anyone missed an extended stretch of games, then that would put even more pressure on the other two. Crazy. No way they win more than 50, especially with teams gunning for them every night. We've also never seen two perimeter superstar alpha dogs coexist for an NBA title -- not even when Jerry West and Elgin Baylor teamed up with Wilt Chamberlain against the aging Celtics in 1969. LeBron would have to accept becoming Mega-Pippen to Wade's Jordan. (Yeah, right.) Even during the final quarter of the 2008 gold-medal game, when everyone on the American team was staring at each other wondering who was going to step up against a red-hot Spain team, there were a few minutes of tentative, "I don't want to step on anyone's toes here" basketball before Kobe said, "Screw it, get out of my way" and took over the key portion of the game.

Well, at some point, Wade and LeBron will have one of those 2008 Spain moments but what happens if both guys say, "Screw it, get out of my way"? You need to have a special type of mentality to want that moment; that's why Scottie Pippen melted down in that 1994 Bulls-Knicks playoff game, because Phil Jackson had spent that entire year building him up and making him think, "We can win without Jordan, you're just as good, we can DO THIS," then designed the biggest play of the season for someone else. It was a slap in the face. Pippen reacted terribly, but still, don't you want him to be pissed there? Isn't that what being an alpha dog is all about? Don't you need a special level of swagger and confidence to carry that load every night? And once you reach that level, doesn't it become impossible to share the spotlight with someone else? Of course

Good luck with "Dream team"

JNA17
07-08-2010, 04:00 PM
NBA is complete crap... its always the same teams. At least in the NFL there is balance between teams and its never just one team dominating all the team...

*cough* pats *cough*

ldc62
07-08-2010, 04:01 PM

this isn't an espn comments section... what kind of claim is that?

hgtiger32

sure the lakers are the favorite but i'm willing to bet that Thunder have a chance to be the best team in the west. the young talent is another year older, had the playoff experience...i could def. see the Thunder winning the west, same with portland IF IF IF Roy can stay healthy and Oden can help out...

TEXASTITAN
Bosh isn't a ''star'' by simmons standards and he's partially right the dude has never won anything and has very little experience playing under pressure. The part about wade being older and having injury concerns doesn't make them winning rings or making a dynasty a sure thing.

jaysfan46
07-08-2010, 04:03 PM
Too bad they can't get Kobe, the real best player in the NBA by a country mile who will beat those mother ****ers in the finals every year until he hangs it up.

Draco
07-08-2010, 04:04 PM
Found this on ESPN and i thought it was very insightful and makes perfect sense for the circus of free agency latley. It also would explain why chris paul just joined lebrons marketing group. I mean isn't this some sort of collusion?

Nobody else had the Miami scenario. And if Smith DID have accurate intelligence and it WAS done, then that means the guys panicked and concocted every event these past eight days -- every waffle, every leak, every extra meeting -- just to throw us off the scent.

I mentioned this in the Bulls forum yesterday.. definately feels like collusion.

JNA17
07-08-2010, 04:04 PM
sure the lakers are the favorite but i'm willing to bet that Thunder have a chance to be the best team in the west. the young talent is another year older, had the playoff experience...i could def. see the Thunder winning the west, same with portland IF IF IF Roy can stay healthy and Oden can help out...

they could, the thunder was definitely the hardest challenge for the lakers in the playoffs this year but i see pretty much the same result with this being phil jackson's last year which will motivate all of the players being even hungrier to win that 4th repeat for phil.

But who knows, strange things have happened, but for this one is pretty unlikely.

R. Johnson#3
07-08-2010, 04:05 PM
Miami would have to change their team name to the Miami Globetrotters

TEXASTITAN
07-08-2010, 04:05 PM
But im telling you if that team doesn't win a title within 2 years someone is going to want out and it's going to get very very ugly real quick.

Hellcrooner
07-08-2010, 04:06 PM
can someone send a REAL soprano to lebron james and make him understand if he says anything differente than KNicks tonight he will never ever play again=O?

Kingz4L
07-08-2010, 04:09 PM
I truly think that the Thunder can beat LA this year...why is everyone assuming they will just coast to the finals again..people are underestimating teams like Houston and Portland...those are teams that were not healthy last year. Why dont we all start making predictions after the season is mid-way through.

TEXASTITAN
07-08-2010, 04:15 PM
Houston barely missed out on the 8 seed without yao and he's back healthy playing in a contract year. It's the same team that took the lakers to 7 games with bench players a few years back so don't sleep on houston if yao is back.

QUBobcats550
07-08-2010, 04:16 PM
I cant stop thinking that lebrons ego would rip any team with superstars to pieces eventually. I mean i can see bosh,wade,cp3 playing together but i just think lebron is so far into himself that there's virtually not enough ball to go around to keep everyone happy.

Agreed. I can't see LeBron taking the backseat to Wade. This is going to implode if it actually happens. What I want to know is who will take the final shot in a close game? LeBron or Wade?

PatsSoxKnicks
07-08-2010, 04:19 PM

You're delusional. I knew Lakers fans were generally delusional and generally overrated their team and Kobe (he's not as good as MJ and never will be AND the Lakers won the title in 7 games, not 4 games) but this is taking it to an all time high. There is no way the Lakers would beat that Lebron-Wade-Bosh-CP3 team.

PatsSoxKnicks
07-08-2010, 04:21 PM
This is why I hate Laker's fans... the hypocrisy of them. Kobe can't win without another big name: Shaq and now Gasol, Odom and Artest. There is NO difference other than the names of the players. IF I had to choose playing with LBJ or Kobe... no doubt where I'd go. Wouldn't want to play with a rapist, a guy who likes to bang over weight reality stars, a whacked out of his mind "rapper" and the "missing link".

Get over yourselves and look in the mirror. The teams who win are the teams who spend the money and work around the rules.

I agree.

Hellcrooner
07-08-2010, 04:22 PM
You're delusional. I knew Lakers fans were generally delusional and generally overrated their team and Kobe (he's not as good as MJ and never will be AND the Lakers won the title in 7 games, not 4 games) but this is taking it to an all time high. There is no way the Lakers would beat that Lebron-Wade-Bosh-CP3 team.

with fair refs=? yes they woudl, can that four play the 48 minutes?

they woudl need a bench, with 0 money for it.

bt fo course the nba has teh ****ing STAR CALLS:

so 4 stars = game over for your opponent.

PatsSoxKnicks
07-08-2010, 04:24 PM
Who barely got past an old Celtics team??? Wow ignorance at its best......name another team that knocked off the Celtics in the playoffs?

Hey, (while I disagree with him) at least he's not claiming Kobe's better than MJ, like most Laker fans claim. Now thats ignorance.

Young2Kinsler
Mark Cuban can't sneeze without getting fined, but the NBA looks the other way on multiple counts of collusion... stay classy Stern.

NBA=WWE

Indi23

u must be living in a dream world.

Slimsim
If that happen all 28 other teams should trade their best players to NY To prevent this false Dynasty.

Indi23
07-08-2010, 04:26 PM
I will only enjoy this if the lakers are stopped, cant stand that team.

PatsSoxKnicks

Thats true. But generally the starters do end up mattering more in the playoffs- they play more minutes. And all of those guys are still young, meaning they could play a lot of minutes and not be as tired.

DCB/LAL
I truly think that the Thunder can beat LA this year...why is everyone assuming they will just coast to the finals again..people are underestimating teams like Houston and Portland...those are teams that were not healthy last year. Why dont we all start making predictions after the season is mid-way through.

Stop talking non-sense not even team USA could beat LA.....Teams have superstars on their team......the Lakers have the BASKETBALL GOD!! Kobe Bryant. :D

PatsSoxKnicks
I will only enjoy this if the lakers are stopped, cant stand that team and their fans.

Edited for you. lol. I agree.

DLeeicious
Funniest thing ever would be for that squad to never win a title. That would be so great.

Bruno
07-08-2010, 04:27 PM
I guess they've just all accepted the fact that nobodys gona be stopping the dynasty in LA unless they all team up... :)

PatsSoxKnicks
07-08-2010, 04:29 PM
u must be living in a dream world.

Yup, a lot of Laker fans live in that world where they believe Kobe is better than MJ. The rest of us live in the real world where that is not at all true and where Kobe isn't even the best player right now.

HoopsDrive
07-08-2010, 04:29 PM
Good. Stacked teams are more enjoyable to watch than an average team with only 1 star player.

Hellcrooner
07-08-2010, 04:30 PM
Yup, a lot of kobe fans live in that world where they believe Kobe is better than MJ. The rest of us live in the real world where that is not at all true and where Kobe isn't even the best player right now.

Fixed.

pleae dont insutl real laker fans like me mistaking us with that kind of people.

PatsSoxKnicks
07-08-2010, 04:31 PM
I guess they've just all accepted the fact that nobodys gona be stopping the dynasty in LA unless they all team up... :)

:facepalm: Yeah because the Celtics didn't almost beat you this year
:rolleyes: (without Perkins in game 7 I might add).

Don't give me Bynum wasn't healthy, he'll never be healthy, thats what he is now. He's an injury prone player who is good but will never be healthy. That's no longer an excuse.

Sly Guy
07-08-2010, 04:33 PM
the NBA is rigged. we all see it, but refuse to accept it 100%. I think after this summer, we can all come to the realization that it is a complete and utter joke.

I've been saying it for a long time now. But even I didn't go as far as this. I'm just about done watching this league.

PatsSoxKnicks
07-08-2010, 04:33 PM
Fixed.

pleae dont insutl real laker fans like me mistaking us with that kind of people.

Fair enough. I did say a lot though, didn't say all. But you're right, obviously not all Laker fans are like this. Good to see a sensible one for a change.

Hellcrooner
07-08-2010, 04:34 PM
so the question is how many minutes after leb ron says heat till the big fat shaqass calls rilley begging him a minumum contrc?

GoferKing_
07-08-2010, 04:36 PM
If that **** happens and all of them would end together, in the finals LAL vs MIA I would root for LAL and I think that Kobe would be so so so pumped to play against them all at once that he would post EPIC stats, turn into master assassin and destroy them. And this comes out from a SAC Kings fan that hates LAL. ;]

PatsSoxKnicks
07-08-2010, 04:37 PM
can someone send a REAL soprano to lebron james and make him understand if he says anything differente than KNicks tonight he will never ever play again=O?

:clap::clap::clap:

TEXASTITAN
07-08-2010, 04:37 PM
It takes the balance out of the NBA and thats not good for anyone. And what does it say about lebron? It says the supposed ''King'' couldn't win a title by himself that he had to concoct an allstar team,commit collusion to win a championship. I think his supposed legacy takes a huge hit if this takes place. I mean he failed 2 years in a row to win it all with 60 win teams when you really think about it can he win in miami with wade and bosh?

ajsulli1919
07-08-2010, 04:38 PM
Hey guys, long long time reader here, just have never registered. I thought this would be the perfect time to. I definitely believe this is happening, I think it's ridiculous though. All of these guys have been the #1 option on their team for a long time so I'm very interested to see how this will pan out. Out of all four players listed-Wade, LeBron, Bosh, CP3 I believe that LeBron has the biggest ego out of all of them. I mean his first twitter comment included the words "the real king james." On his back he has the tattoo "the chosen one" and not to mention that little one hour special on ESPN tonight which by the way is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. I know he's amazing but come on LeBron. I think this is going to destroy his so called legacy. Kobe was ripped apart for winning those 3 rings with Shaq, almost everybody said "well he couldn't do it without Shaq." That's 2 superstars on one team and now on the Heat there will be potentially 3-4? I've read this in somebody's reply to this post that this is an all-star team in itself, which it is. So are Wade, LeBron and Bosh all going to take paycuts? If they don't then every bench player they have is going to be a scrub. Not to mention every washed up former superstar is going to come take the veterans minimum to come play in Miami. LeBron will never get credit for winning a championship if the Heat do win one. Wade would be the only one out of those 3-4 players to get credit because he has already done it. If Chris Paul does get to Miami somehow then there is no point in even having a regular season or even the first 2 rounds of the playoffs. I was tempted to say the first 3 rounds but you never know. I can just smell Lakers vs. Heat in the finals but if they're going to have all these superstars I'll so be rooting for someone to kick Miami's *****, especially in the eastern conference. If Miami does get LeBron and possibly Paul and they don't win a title they're going to be ripped to shreds, if they do get LeBron and possibly Paul and they win a title, they'll still get ripped to shreds.

dtmagnet
07-08-2010, 04:40 PM
Chris Paul has no way to get to Miami.

Indi23
07-08-2010, 04:41 PM
It takes the balance out of the NBA and thats not good for anyone. And what does it say about lebron? It says the supposed ''King'' couldn't win a title by himself that he had to concoct an allstar team,commit collusion to win a championship. I think his supposed legacy takes a huge hit if this takes place. I mean he failed 2 years in a row to win it all with 60 win teams when you really think about it can he win in miami with wade and bosh?

King's don't win wars, Heroes do. FREEDOMMMMMM -im gonna love this team when they beat the lake show

Reversed86Curse
07-08-2010, 04:42 PM

If this happens, the NBA will lose a lot of credibility. They may as well just have two teams, the East and West All-Star teams that play each other 82 times a year. I'd be surprised if the rest of the owners didn't at least try to block this

SA5195
07-08-2010, 04:42 PM
If this happens, i'm gonna force myself to move to Miami lol.

Lakersho
07-08-2010, 04:43 PM
This is why I hate Laker's fans... the hypocrisy of them. Kobe can't win without another big name: Shaq and now Gasol, Odom and Artest. There is NO difference other than the names of the players. IF I had to choose playing with LBJ or Kobe... no doubt where I'd go. Wouldn't want to play with a rapist, a guy who likes to bang over weight reality stars, a whacked out of his mind "rapper" and the "missing link".

Get over yourselves and look in the mirror. The teams who win are the teams who spend the money and work around the rules.

...WEll to start ,i dont know who your talking at, or about,you come in here and generalize why you hate laker fans , Who the hell are you ? then the small minded comments , kobe the rapist, well to start was you there? you saw what happened did ya ? the chick had 4 diff. dna's in her and none was kobe's. just a ho who seen a way to get a fast buck , get over it dude . really ,it sounds as if your real jealous of thier lives ... I will agree that the team that spends " SMART " money has the best chance to win . BUT dont come in here with all lakers fan bashin stuff , give it a rest and keep hatein on bret favre and worry about viking killing ya , since your avt. and sig say your a football stud...

Hellcrooner
07-08-2010, 04:45 PM
If this happens, the NBA will lose a lot of credibility. They may as well just have two teams, the East and West All-Star teams that play each other 82 times a year. I'd be surprised if the rest of the owners didn't at least try to block this

they can.

step 1 no one trades for beasley so if they want to join they have to get a REAL cut in salary.

2 overpay ANY valuable role and bench player out there in orded miami has to hire just the worst posible players left.

TEXASTITAN
07-08-2010, 04:46 PM
Lets try and keep the comments on the article instead of who's team is better though. There's alot in that article to talk about what im interested in is collusion. Can ANYBODY tell me what the rules are if there are any rules in the NBA regarding collusion and the ramifications of committing the act?

_KB24_
07-08-2010, 04:48 PM

It would make Wade the undisputed God of Miami.

Hellcrooner
Lets try and keep the comments on the article instead of who's team is better though. There's alot in that article to talk about what im interested in is collusion. Can ANYBODY tell me what the rules are if there are any rules in the NBA regarding collusion and the ramifications of committing the act?

they shoud get the wolves and J SMith treatment.

the three players are forbidden to sign wiht miami and miami loses their first rounders for 38 years more or less.

pacofunk64
Ok first of all how in hell can they do this with limited cap? I mean they have to have depth right? Secondly...I know they all want to win championships but in LBJ's case he has the possiblity to go down as the best player ever. If he goes to Miami this will ruin is legacy IMO. It's Wade's team & never will it be LBJ's. I mean "LEGACY" has to count for something, right?

Bruno
07-08-2010, 04:49 PM

Don't give me Bynum wasn't healthy, he'll never be healthy, thats what he is now. He's an injury prone player who is good but will never be healthy. That's no longer an excuse.

Take it easy guy, I'm just messin' around.

I disagree, regarding Bynum. But I would say that with Perkins in the ball game, Bryant doesn't out-rebound the Celtics starting center, power forward, and shooting guard combined.

Young2Kinsler
07-08-2010, 04:50 PM
You only get charged with collusion if the NBA wants you to, it's just some random rule enforced loosly.

pokesn8
07-08-2010, 04:51 PM
...WEll to start ,i dont know who your talking at, or about,you come in here and generalize why you hate laker fans , Who the hell are you ? then the small minded comments , kobe the rapist, well to start was you there? you saw what happened did ya ? the chick had 4 diff. dna's in her and none was kobe's. just a ho who seen a way to get a fast buck , get over it dude . really ,it sounds as if your real jealous of thier lives ... I will agree that the team that spends " SMART " money has the best chance to win . BUT dont come in here with all lakers fan bashin stuff , give it a rest and keep hatein on bret favre and worry about viking killing ya , since your avt. and sig say your a football stud...

People like you are why I am a football fan. It's tough for me to weed through the misspelled words, ebonics and ghetto shorthand to find some sort of educated statement. It's tough "debating" certain points when many in the NBA community have never seen a high school diploma. I can make the statements I do for the same reason you can bash me. End of the day, Lakers still bought their title just like the Bulls, Spurs, Celtics and now Miami. Don't come off all high and mighty when you don't have a leg to stand on.

ruslan898
07-08-2010, 04:54 PM
wow. That would be insane.

DaBUU
07-08-2010, 04:56 PM
People like you are why I am a football fan. It's tough for me to weed through the misspelled words, ebonics and ghetto shorthand to find some sort of educated statement. It's tough "debating" certain points when many in the NBA community have never seen a high school diploma. I can make the statements I do for the same reason you can bash me. End of the day, Lakers still bought their title just like the Bulls, Spurs, Celtics and now Miami. Don't come off all high and mighty when you don't have a leg to stand on.

wow a Packer fan looking down on someone because of "Ebonics", would of never thought someone from such a tolerant and open minded community like Green bay would write such a thing. Ur state smells like cheddar brats and fat chicks dude, take it easy. fudgePack suck anyway

ajsulli1919
07-08-2010, 04:57 PM
Hey guys, long long time reader here, just have never registered. I thought this would be the perfect time to. I definitely believe this is happening, I think it's ridiculous though. All of these guys have been the #1 option on their team for a long time so I'm very interested to see how this will pan out. Out of all four players listed-Wade, LeBron, Bosh, CP3 I believe that LeBron has the biggest ego out of all of them. I mean his first twitter comment included the words "the real king james." On his back he has the tattoo "the chosen one" and not to mention that little one hour special on ESPN tonight which by the way is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. I know he's amazing but come on LeBron. I think this is going to destroy his so called legacy. Kobe was ripped apart for winning those 3 rings with Shaq, almost everybody said "well he couldn't do it without Shaq." That's 2 superstars on one team and now on the Heat there will be potentially 3-4? I've read this in somebody's reply to this post that this is an all-star team in itself, which it is. So are Wade, LeBron and Bosh all going to take paycuts? If they don't then every bench player they have is going to be a scrub. Not to mention every washed up former superstar is going to come take the veterans minimum to come play in Miami. LeBron will never get credit for winning a championship if the Heat do win one. Wade would be the only one out of those 3-4 players to get credit because he has already done it. If Chris Paul does get to Miami somehow then there is no point in even having a regular season or even the first 2 rounds of the playoffs. I was tempted to say the first 3 rounds but you never know. I can just smell Lakers vs. Heat in the finals but if they're going to have all these superstars I'll so be rooting for someone to kick Miami's *****, especially in the eastern conference. If Miami does get LeBron and possibly Paul and they don't win a title they're going to be ripped to shreds, if they do get LeBron and possibly Paul and they win a title, they'll still get ripped to shreds.

Indi23
07-08-2010, 04:59 PM
Hahaha no 3 peat is this happens, im so excited

ldc62

Use some spaces please.

shep33
kinky

Ramon Nivar
07-08-2010, 05:00 PM
I'd love this to happen so the NBA can fix its ****** free agency and finances. Assuming they aren't doing it yet.

TEXASTITAN
07-08-2010, 05:03 PM
No chance this is all a joke and they ALL end up in new york? Like mabye this bosh and wade to miami is all a ruse just one big media hype. How much of a shock would that be if it was announced during the ''Decision'' that ''their'' choice was new york. Dude id laugh so hard if this miami thing is all a joke.

loufor2
07-08-2010, 05:07 PM
Yup, a lot of Laker fans live in that world where they believe Kobe is better than MJ. The rest of us live in the real world where that is not at all true and where Kobe isn't even the best player right now.

He is the best player right now. Don't be arrogant because you don't like the team or guy. This is from a Sixers fan!

xbrackattackx
07-08-2010, 05:08 PM
For everyone who said this is the Nba not NBA2K or NBA Live, Where are you now?

Sounds like a team of a video game.

loufor2
07-08-2010, 05:09 PM
Hahaha no 3 peat is this happens, im so excited

Is that really something to be excited about...

xbrackattackx
07-08-2010, 05:10 PM
Chris Paul has no way to get to Miami.

They would sign which ever players the New Orlean hornets wanted but couldn't get because they are over cap, then Sign and Trade them.

Sportfan
07-08-2010, 05:11 PM
lol please do. They'd be even worse if they did it

DCB/LAL
07-08-2010, 05:12 PM

You kidding me? Kobe knocking these guys off would propel him to the best ever no doubt!!

The Prodigy
07-08-2010, 05:13 PM

This getting so old. You guys are putting way too much empasis on how they cant play 48 minutes and thats true. But your forgetting that the opposing team stars can't play 48 minutes either. Also the bench will be a decent bench with probably one stand out player. If we do Indeed get Lebron you will rarely see these 3 on the bench together unless its a blow out. One of them well always be on the court. How many teams have good benches any ways, not many. We will be fine once we sign a couple vets and we have our rookies and I heard that we are going after Mike Miller who would be great off the bench. You guys should really worry about the your own team and wait till the season starts to actually make these assumptions.

pokesn8
07-08-2010, 05:13 PM
wow a Packer fan looking down on someone because of "Ebonics", would of never thought someone from such a tolerant and open minded community like Green bay would write such a thing. Ur state smells like cheddar brats and fat chicks dude, take it easy. fudgePack suck anyway

Are you kidding? Wisconsin isn't really known for their "inner city" lifestyle. Green Bay being "open minded"? Are you drunk? Have you ever been there? Seeing as you seem to support Chicago, you're the one who should be used to "ebonics"... just look at our current president. Yet another reason to hate your city. Your Bears will come in 3rd or 4th in the NFC North anyway, but maybe next year? Probably not. BTW, I'm not in Wisconsin, just a fan.

TEXASTITAN
07-08-2010, 05:15 PM
I dont see anything exciting about it i think it's a joke and a mockery of the NBA as a whole to be honest. That players can make a pact to team up when their contracts are up and the league allows them to do their little circus act and involve other professional teams who were under the impression that they had a chance at signing a guy but never did. I think the chicago bulls are the team the joke falls hardest on because they met with wade twice with the idea that they were his perferred destination. And if it's ever proven that this was all planned top to bottom by LBJ and his cronies it ruins the NBA brand. People already thought it was rigged and now with a balance shift to one team nobody's going to watch their favorite team play against them there's no interest to be had is what im saying. It ONLY benefits the franchise they are playing with and if im every other team in the NBA sitting by and watching this unfold id get together and have stern removed as commissioner if it's possible.

epizo1
07-08-2010, 05:16 PM
^^^^^^
Exactly. All this does is put all of the superstars for Kobe to beat on one team and if he does... oh, wow!!!! Kobe would be elevated among the immortals. "Thanks for the rub guys!" lol

saintdrew
07-08-2010, 05:17 PM
I'm pretty sure Chris Paul would command a deal around $15-16 per year...I don't think the Heat have enough money to do that, even without Michael Beasley next season.

ElMarroAfamado
07-08-2010, 05:36 PM
its funny because everyone seems to be ignoring that even with this "super team" they wont even make it to the Finals
Lebron james is going to be relegated to a role player.....geesh

gilly
07-08-2010, 05:40 PM
Beat m-i-a

beat m-i-a

TEXASTITAN
07-08-2010, 05:41 PM
If lebron wants him there and they made this secret agreement it will happen. If lebron goes there it's no longer wade's team lebrons EGO won't let wade keep control.

pistonsfanomg
07-08-2010, 05:41 PM
Can't wait for the lockout

heathonater
07-08-2010, 05:43 PM
i dont know how they would be able to make the salaries work in this situation. even with 3 star players, the heat basically have to gut their entire team. highly doubt that they can make room for paul also.

mjt20mik
07-08-2010, 05:45 PM
If this were to happen, I wouldn't even need to make fantasy teams on 2K. I would just play with Miami.

TEXASTITAN
07-08-2010, 05:49 PM
Pauls coming off that injury and if he doesn't play well he's got no leverage to ask to be traded out so it's not a done deal. I just have this gut feeling when were watching this hand they are doing something with the other hand. Like they are showing us miami but bosh and wade still aren't signed yet so mabye they all 3 shock everyone with the ''decision'' tonight only time will tell i dunno.

Cub_StuckinSTL
07-08-2010, 05:49 PM
Their would be a lockout because no one would want to play. This would kill basketball faster than anything ever could.

SeoulBeatz
07-08-2010, 05:50 PM
really hoping this doesnt happen just for the lil bit of integrity that the NBA has left2

koLohe2133
07-08-2010, 05:58 PM
only one more season until lockout, then 2012.....guess they wanna win NOW!

kArSoN RyDaH
07-08-2010, 06:03 PM

the thunder have done nothing to improve. while the lakers are getting healthier (and better with increased health). not to mention that were upgrading our bench and adding depth the OKC Thunder have done no such thing. you are also forgetting how the lakers won the championship this year limping to the finish line. ron had a messed up shoulder. just about everything was wrong with kobe (knee, ankle, groin and shooting index finger was broken) even sasha vujacic (not that it would make a difference but it wouldve made things easier on fish) had a shoulder injury. but i do agree predictions should be made when we start the season.

the lakers do have a tough road ahead of them but there isnt a team that stands a chance against a HEALTHY laker squad in a 7 game series, heck even an unhealthy laker squad might just get the job done again.

Fixed.

hellcrooner,

you are nothing of a laker fan. you criticize everyone on the team not named pau. you are a pessimistic cynic who takes stabs just about anytime he can at kobe.

exactly. and then i want to see all the haters criticize all of these players for NEEDING ANOTHER PLAYER to win a championship just like they did for kobe. which i doubt will happen because the hate for kobe spans beyond the basketball court. and thats ONLY IF they win a championship which they still have to get through the lakers length and the other eastern conference teams.

He is the best player right now. Don't be arrogant because you don't like the team or guy. This is from a Sixers fan!

dont mind them, they dont understand greatness when they see it. hes the type of guy who sits there on espn and believes everything he hears on the television when they are constantly worshipping lebron james.

i dont know how they would be able to make the salaries work in this situation. even with 3 star players, the heat basically have to gut their entire team. highly doubt that they can make room for paul also.

they wouldnt unless all of these players take a huge cut and the bench plays for just about nothing. i dont see cp3 going to miami but i can see lebron wade and bosh goin to miami and i dont see that team beating LA in a 7 game series unless they put together some solid role players that will play for scraps its not going to happen. and if they can match the lakers length in bynum gasol and odom. would be interesting to see though.

no doubt in my mind if the lakers and kobe beat a star studded team like this it puts kobe up there with Jordan and at a consensus #2 ALL TIME !!!!!!! anyone who says otherwise is just completely blind by their hate for the lakers and/or kobe bryant.

Jenceman
07-08-2010, 06:06 PM

Hypocrisy at it's finest :laugh2:

Seriously, do you even think?

kArSoN RyDaH
07-08-2010, 06:10 PM
Hypocrisy at it's finest :laugh2:

Seriously, do you even think?

apparently not..

PraiseJesus
07-08-2010, 07:48 PM
Too many cooks in the kitchen

basketfan4life
07-08-2010, 07:59 PM
i think they are too scared of lakers f.cking up their primes so they are joining their forces.

NYKnicks4511
07-08-2010, 08:07 PM

Don't count your chickens before they hatch. I can only imagine the look on your and the rest of the Heat fanbase if LeBron says he's staying in Cleveland.

Atownballa5
07-08-2010, 08:10 PM

:laugh::clap:

ldc62
07-08-2010, 08:12 PM
I love this. I get to see a team just dominate and totally ruin Stern's league.

DABOYZ82
07-08-2010, 08:13 PM
All I can say is WOW!!! I would hate it because it means Heat championships for the next 5-7 years striaght.... I hope Shaq,Iverson,Mcgrady, sign with Spurs!! LMAO!!

HouRealCoach
07-08-2010, 08:15 PM
They would be great...

lamar2006
07-08-2010, 08:18 PM
not going to happen. I am sure the new collective bargainign agreement will have some protection for future teams who want to build a super team. What is next is Dwight Howards going to join them to make the DREAM TEAM

Chicagofaithful
07-08-2010, 08:19 PM
im sure dwight would want in

PraiseJesus
07-08-2010, 08:19 PM
I think Wade, Bron, and Bosh is the perfect trio.They have a nice balance of skills that compliment each other.

CP3 just inst needed. He needs the ball too much.

What they really need is a great shooting PG who can hit 3s and play defense.

Nymfan87
07-08-2010, 08:20 PM
How much do you want to bet the next CBA has a clause that says a certain number of players cannot exceed a certain percentage of your payroll? Or limits how much salary a team can add in one offseason?

Chronz
07-08-2010, 08:20 PM
So if they win every ring does it make them all better than MJ?

Bruno
07-08-2010, 08:25 PM
So if they win every ring does it make them all better than MJ?

Absolutely. All they need to do is win two rings together as a team, because 2x3=6 and that's what Jordan has.

PUGS1688
07-08-2010, 08:26 PM
If this is true...the NBA just puts in final nail in my coffin. Cause there is no reason to even watch anymore.

lavell12
07-08-2010, 08:27 PM
well the one good thing is LeBron would get no credit for winning a title.

goose15
07-08-2010, 08:28 PM
thats just dumb

Baller1
07-08-2010, 08:28 PM
Dwight and CP3 should go to OKC next season.

PG- Paul
SG- Westbrook
SF- Durant
PF- Green
C- Dwight

It's perfect. **** Miami. :D

NYY09
07-08-2010, 08:30 PM

Yeah except the Yanks have won only twice in the past decade with their "stacked" team. With this combo in Miami it feels like a video game on rookie with forced trades on.

NYY09
07-08-2010, 08:30 PM
well the one good thing is LeBron would get no credit for winning a title.

This

dtmagnet
07-08-2010, 08:32 PM
They would sign which ever players the New Orlean hornets wanted but couldn't get because they are over cap, then Sign and Trade them.

New Orleans would never help Chris Paul get on this team, be real.

nickster16301
07-08-2010, 08:35 PM
i wouldnt be so quick saying that the heat will face the lakers in next years finals...if the thunder keep improving they can easily beat the lakers

lavell12
07-08-2010, 08:37 PM
the other 29 teams should agree to do nothing to help the Heat. No sign and trade for LeBron or Bosh. No trading players to the the Heat. make them use undrafted rookies or has beens to fill out there roster.

PUGS1688
07-08-2010, 08:38 PM
the other 29 teams should agree to do nothing to help the Heat. No sign and trade for LeBron or Bosh. No trading players to the the Heat. make them use undrafted rookies or has beens to fill out there roster.

This

apocalypse15
07-08-2010, 08:42 PM

Oh well. Our whole economy is rigged, but refuse to accept it 100%.

blue bleeder09
07-08-2010, 08:43 PM
and they still cant **** with the lakers ,hahahaha...**** lebron he better grab on to d wade's hand cuz he's no leader and cant win **** we allready seen that ;)