PDA

View Full Version : UPDATE: Lebron Decides To Go To The Miami

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

JNA17
07-06-2010, 09:57 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5365165

LeBron James put the NBA on notice Thursday night, joining Dwayne Wade and Chris Bosh in Miami.

James announced on ESPN around 9:30 p.m. ET that he was committing to the Heat, forming a superstar trio that matches any other in the NBA.

YankeeFan28
07-08-2010, 02:49 PM
New thread.

JWO35
07-08-2010, 02:49 PM
1st :D

I still say Cavs

J4KOP99
07-08-2010, 02:50 PM
Sweet jesus, the never ending thread.

Also, I saw something about LeBron renting out 6 cabana's in Miami.. Are you guys ********? You actually believe this. You think he called up the front desk, introduced himself and then asked to request 6 cabana's for a victory celebration?

There is no way that would leak out, that is one of the worst rumors I have heard so far.

Jenceman
Clippers.

DRE'-MAC
Source: Heat has big party planned for season-ticket holders tonight to coincide with LeBron announcement.

Source: LeBron made decision in call w/Bosh, Wade. All of this was previously planned: Bosh & Wade would announce 1st, then LBJ in show.

Source: Spoelstra will continue to coach Heat. Plans are to have LeBron play point guard, a la Magic.

Source: LeBron has already rented spots, in Miami, for party

http://twitter.com/SamAmicoNBA

Gene2420
07-08-2010, 02:51 PM
Been hearing New York bouncing back to Miami all day long.

I have it on good authority that LeBron James has hired director M. Night Shyamalan to come up with the greatest twist for "The Decision" one-hour special.

redwhitenblue
Sweet jesus, the never ending thread.

Also, I saw something about LeBron renting out 6 cabana's in Miami.. Are you guys ********? You actually believe this. You think he called up the front desk, introduced himself and then asked to request 6 cabana's for a victory celebration?

There is no way that would leak out, that is one of the worst rumors I have heard so far.
Perez Hilton reported it. Who actually believed it?

Jenceman
Eh, maybe, but I doubt it.

tdunk21
07-08-2010, 02:52 PM
wouldnt believe these rumors till he says so....

fin_frenzy_84
07-08-2010, 02:54 PM
If Lebron takes Miami... Do you think it is a smart Decision?
I personally say no.
For one there is other teams he can win a ring with right away.
Second he wont have to take a paycut like he would in Miami.
Third he wont be the leader of the team like MJ. He would be considered the Pippen.

Master Mind
07-08-2010, 02:58 PM
Source: Heat has big party planned for season-ticket holders tonight to coincide with LeBron announcement.

Source: LeBron made decision in call w/Bosh, Wade. All of this was previously planned: Bosh & Wade would announce 1st, then LBJ in show.

Source: Spoelstra will continue to coach Heat. Plans are to have LeBron play point guard, a la Magic.

Shades of the Showtime Lakers in Miami with Riley back at the helm, hmmmmm? :rolleyes:

_Supreme_
07-08-2010, 03:00 PM
PG - James
SG - Wade
SF - Miller
PF - Bosh
C - Anthony

Joel Anthony would become my favorite player if this actually happens :smoking:

JNA17
07-08-2010, 03:01 PM
part 2 of my thread hehe :D

AllTimeBest
07-08-2010, 03:03 PM
If Lebron takes Miami... Do you think it is a smart Decision?
I personally say no.
For one there is other teams he can win a ring with right away.
Second he wont have to take a paycut like he would in Miami.
Third he wont be the leader of the team like MJ. He would be considered the Pippen.

No. They wouldn't win a championship together. You need more then three great players. The Lakers would destroy the Heat. They bench would be horrific.

ABOMB_56
07-08-2010, 03:04 PM

Perez Hilton reported it. Who actually believed it?

Sam Amico believed it

Tyreke20-5-5
07-08-2010, 03:05 PM
k

The Jokemaker
07-08-2010, 03:07 PM
Maybe that big Heat party has nothing to do wiht Lebron but the fact that Bosh and Wade can officially sign today...

Bluffmasta
07-08-2010, 03:10 PM
No. They wouldn't win a championship together. You need more then three great players. The Lakers would destroy the Heat. They bench would be horrific.

bench would be bad, only problem would be the front court as bosh would be the easiest to pick up fouls on, but i dont see james wade and bosh off the floor at the same time unless its garbage time. If the heat can resign JO it could help bosh a lot on the inside, maybe even consider shaq as a backup center, takes a lot of pressure off bosh, they still will have the MLE which can be used to pick another solid player, veterans will sign for the min to win a ring, after teh trade deadline most veterans are bought out, and miami could pick up some more solid talent to fill out there roster.

JNA17
07-08-2010, 03:10 PM
did anybody say......party?

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn299/Lee_man2/funnyface.jpg

ABOMB_56
07-08-2010, 03:14 PM

And the Laker bench consists of all-stars?
Odom
Farmar (may be starting if Fisher leaves)
Brown
Vujucic
Walton
Powell
and don't forget about Adam Morrison :rolleyes:

AllTimeBest
07-08-2010, 03:15 PM
bench would be bad, only problem would be the front court as bosh would be the easiest to pick up fouls on, but i dont see james wade and bosh off the floor at the same time unless its garbage time. If the heat can resign JO it could help bosh a lot on the inside, maybe even consider shaq as a backup center, takes a lot of pressure off bosh, they still will have the MLE which can be used to pick another solid player, veterans will sign for the min to win a ring, after teh trade deadline most veterans are bought out, and miami could pick up some more solid talent to fill out there roster.

Let's look at it this way. Miami vs. LA

Free Agent PG + Bench <<<< Fisher + Farmar + Blake
D Wade < Kobe Bryant
Lebron >>> Ron Artest
Chris Bosh << Pau Gasol
Free Agent C + Bench << Andrew Bynum
Heat Bench << Lakers Bench

The only position that the Heat have the advantage is at SF with James, and Artest is one of the best defensive players in the league. LA would dominate this series.

fin_frenzy_84
07-08-2010, 03:15 PM
Honestly I dont think it would work...
James and Wade stuffing the middle along with Chalmers...
Then Bosh is your only big man.
No Bench.

I cant see it.
Now of course with Chicago Rose and Lebron would be in the middle but not another guy example Chalmers.
Also we will have a bench and a very good one. We will also have a dominate post.

Hell I think he will be better with the Knicks than Heat.

_Supreme_
07-08-2010, 03:16 PM
Maybe that big Heat party has nothing to do wiht Lebron but the fact that Bosh and Wade can officially sign today...

They were probably planning that party anyway. Lebron would only make it a bigger one.

fin_frenzy_84
07-08-2010, 03:16 PM
Let's look at it this way. Miami vs. LA

Free Agent PG + Bench <<<< Fisher + Farmar + Blake
D Wade < Kobe Bryant
Lebron >>> Ron Artest
Chris Bosh << Pau Gasol
Free Agent C + Bench << Andrew Bynum
Heat Bench << Lakers Bench

The only position that the Heat have the advantage is at SF with James, and Artest is one of the best defensive players in the league. LA would dominate this series.

I hate the Lakers with the Passion but its so true...

jetsforever
07-08-2010, 03:17 PM
I can't wait till this is over

AllTimeBest
07-08-2010, 03:18 PM

I don't like the Lakers either but it's not even close. You need more then three superstars to win a championship. You need 12 guys who can play. You need a good bench. LA would dominate the Heat in a series.

MacFitz92
07-08-2010, 03:21 PM
If LeBron had a one hour segment that would nationally broadcast his decision to ditch Cleveland, his home town, and his former team, I think he would be the most hated player in a while. The way he has handled this whole thing has really bothered me. Scheduling meetings in his home town, talking about the 2010 FA 2 years ago, I mean it's just ridicuolous.

Kobe signs an extension like it's no big deal. Kevin Durant just tweets about his extension with the Thunder. Why can't LeBron act like the King he is supposed to be, and quit acting like a princess? That's what I think about him.

What are ya'lls takes on the way he has handled it?

AllTimeBest
07-08-2010, 03:23 PM
Why so many lebron threads!?!?

Can't you just put this in the official one? I mean seriously.

J4KOP99
07-08-2010, 03:25 PM
If this does go down and the Heat end up playing the Lakers in the finals... It seem like the majority would want the Lakers to win. I never though I would see that day.

If LeBron goes to Miami, he may actually be the most hated athlete in sports.

S-Dot
07-08-2010, 03:26 PM
He's actually handled it very well. The media on the other hand...not so much.

AllTimeBest
07-08-2010, 03:26 PM
If this does go down and the Heat end up playing the Lakers in the finals... It seem like the majority would want the Lakers to win. I never though I would see that day.

If LeBron goes to Miami, he may actually be the most hated athlete in sports.

It's possible. It shows that he wants to win, but it will never be Lebron's team ever again. He will never have a team that is his. Miami will always be Wade's team as long as he is on the roster. If Lebron is okay with that, then it is impossible for him to go down as one of the greatest of all time. Doesn't matter if they win 10 rings.

_Supreme_
07-08-2010, 03:27 PM

What it is is an extremely biased >< comparison by a Lakers fan.

A matchup between Wade/Bosh & Kobe/Gasol is by no means a clear cut > or <.

And Miami's bench is not even finished.

Waaaaay to early to start this kind of debate.

magichatnumber9
07-08-2010, 03:29 PM
oh brothah

AllTimeBest
07-08-2010, 03:30 PM
What it is is an extremely biased >< comparison by a Lakers fan.

A matchup between Wade/Bosh & Kobe/Gasol is by no means a clear cut > or <.

And Miami's bench is not even finished.

Waaaaay to early to start this kind of debate.

Hate the Lakers. Not even close to a Lakers fan. Was praying the Celtics would beat them this year so very wrong guess.

Kobe is clearly better then Wade. And Gasol would dominate Bosh.

jetsforever
07-08-2010, 03:32 PM
I don't think Gasol would dominate Bosh... Maybe it's because I am a Raps fan

_Supreme_
07-08-2010, 03:32 PM
All I do know for sure that this is the most hilarious circus I have ever seen @ PSD.

All this fuss over an overpaid circus acrobate :smoking: :facepalm:

I'm so tired of this that I'm not going to read in here again until much later tonight. And damn that "decision" being at 3 o'clock at night my local time. Maybe I won't even stay up & rad about his choice tomorrow when I wake up :sleep:

YankeeFan28
07-08-2010, 03:33 PM
I have a feeling everyone is going to be sucking SAS's penis after tonight.

_Supreme_
07-08-2010, 03:33 PM
Kobe is clearly better then Wade. And Gasol would dominate Bosh.

I absolutely disagree, but who cares :drunk:

_Supreme_
07-08-2010, 03:34 PM

Well, that means HEAT fans will get to be happy doesn't it :D

Wait, I was not going to read in here anymore. CU all later...

AllTimeBest
07-08-2010, 03:35 PM
I absolutely disagree, but who cares :drunk:

That's okay. You don't have to agree. Kobe is the best player in the NBA. Bosh and Gasol may be close but I think Gasol could handle Bosh just as well as he handled Garnett.

redwhitenblue
07-08-2010, 03:38 PM
Hell no.

There was a good article-and I forget who wrote it but I'll try and find it over in the Bulls forum-by a guy who basically said that as a reporter, he believes SAS heard about the potential and simply ran with it. If he got it wrong he would've said "well they WERE going there but things hit a snag" and if he gets it right he looks like a genius.

I give SAS no credit, he had no inside info, he's a tool.

Lvsess1
07-08-2010, 03:53 PM
As a basketball fan, I have no respect for the new NBA, personally Lebron James. Why does he has to have an All-Star team in order to win a championship. What happen to the old NBA when a true star make the players around them better. The Michael Jordan's, Larry Birds's and Magic Johnson's. Teams were developed. Great player's want the respect from their peers to come to a team that wasn't great and made the team great. I was a Lebron fan until I see he isn't a great player. He has great abilities, but no heart and that special will to make his team great and make the players around him great. Only the great one's have it. I'm no Kobe Bryant fan, but I must give respect where respect is due, Kobe has it. He is the only great player in the NBA. Never compare Kobe and Lebron, Kobe is great, Lebron is only good. Kobe said it best when he was asked, Where do you think Lebron is going to play next year? Kobe stated " I don't give a dam where he plays" Kobe was saying, it doesn't matter where he plays, I'm the best player in the league and it doesn't matter what All-Star team you put together, I still going to win. Spoken like a great player.

J4KOP99
07-08-2010, 03:55 PM
Hell no.

There was a good article-and I forget who wrote it but I'll try and find it over in the Bulls forum-by a guy who basically said that as a reporter, he believes SAS heard about the potential and simply ran with it. If he got it wrong he would've said "well they WERE going there but things hit a snag" and if he gets it right he looks like a genius.

I give SAS no credit, he had no inside info, he's a tool.

I think it was Bill Simmon's article.

tangent12
07-08-2010, 03:55 PM
If he decides to join the Heat, the guy's legacy will be forever questioned. He's poosay if he does announce he's joining the Heat.

AllTimeBest
07-08-2010, 03:59 PM
When the team that James is joining comes out of his mouth, it will be a record for most posts in one topic in a minute in PSD history. Every poster that PSD has will be in this thread will post how they feel about it. PSD will probably freeze at 9:13 PM tonight.

Talick
07-08-2010, 04:01 PM
Lebron seems like a guy who'd want to write his own legacy. As much as I hate to say it, I'd like to see him in a knicks jersey because other than ewing they haven't had a superstar in years. Knicks are one of those failures of a marquee team

Vincent33
07-08-2010, 04:03 PM
If LeBron had a one hour segment that would nationally broadcast his decision to ditch Cleveland, his home town, and his former team, I think he would be the most hated player in a while. The way he has handled this whole thing has really bothered me. Scheduling meetings in his home town, talking about the 2010 FA 2 years ago, I mean it's just ridicuolous.

Kobe signs an extension like it's no big deal. Kevin Durant just tweets about his extension with the Thunder. Why can't LeBron act like the King he is supposed to be, and quit acting like a princess? That's what I think about him.

What are ya'lls takes on the way he has handled it?

Kobe totally milked his FA in'04(?). Talking **** about Bynum and saying he was going to the other LA team, but he has matured since then.

Lebron is still a kid at 25 and he is only acting on what he's been told by adults and media, that he is THE CHOSEN ONE. Plus he grew up w/ ESPN and reality TV, so making this decision on national television would seem like a natural thing for him.

J4KOP99
07-08-2010, 04:11 PM
Kobe totally milked his FA in'04(?). Talking **** about Bynum and saying he was going to the other LA team, but he has matured since then.

Lebron is still a kid at 25 and he is only acting on what he's been told by adults and media, that he is THE CHOSEN ONE. Plus he grew up w/ ESPN and reality TV, so making this decision on national television would seem like a natural thing for him.

I guess you could say Kobe milked his FA, but nothing compared to this. Also, he didn't go after Bynum until '07. Way after he was a free agent.

Rivera
07-08-2010, 04:13 PM
PG - James
SG - Wade
SF - Miller
PF - Bosh
C - Anthony

Joel Anthony would become my favorite player if this actually happens :smoking:

x2

Rivera
07-08-2010, 04:20 PM
me personally i never posted in any lebron threads

unless its just a bull**** shot or somethin funny

but reading through these hillarious

i wanna propose a brand new idea to PSD and to PSD Mods

we should have a section called "EPIC THREADS"

basically threads that rock **cough cough aaron hernandez loves weed cough cough *** that are closed but were very important bc there were over 1,000 post or somethin

like a hall of fame for threads

cause i would deff nominate this thread!

Rivera
07-08-2010, 04:23 PM
me personally i never posted in any lebron threads

unless its just a bull**** shot or somethin funny

but reading through these hillarious

i wanna propose a brand new idea to PSD and to PSD Mods

we should have a section called "EPIC THREADS"

basically threads that rock **cough cough aaron hernandez loves weed cough cough *** that are closed but were very important bc there were over 1,000 post or somethin

like a hall of fame for threads

cause i would deff nominate this thread!

o yea and i wanna be in charge!!! :D :smoking: :cheers: :rock: :worthy: :dance: :cheer: :rimshot: :jumpy: :win: :cheers: :rock: :worthy: :pray:

Jays Claw
07-08-2010, 04:57 PM
LeBron James to the Miami Heat? :faint:

Entertaining basketball would officialy rest in peace if this were to happen :sad2:

jetsfan89
07-08-2010, 05:08 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvmALPg9Cmk

i can picture this happening

hype707
07-08-2010, 05:08 PM
Lebron is my new most hated player

ATL-ALL-DAY
07-08-2010, 05:09 PM
Lebron goes to make his decision and kanye rushes the podium

"I'm really happy for you and imma let you finish, but Michael Jordan is the greatest of all time"

:laugh:

Gene2420
07-08-2010, 05:19 PM
lebron goes to make his decision and kanye rushes the podium

"i'm really happy for you and imma let you finish, but michael jordan is the greatest of all time"

lol!

nalrah01
07-08-2010, 05:20 PM
Lebron goes to make his decision and kanye rushes the podium

"I'm really happy for you and imma let you finish, but Michael Jordan is the greatest of all time"

lol, I can picture LeBron tearing up

Wrigheyes4MVP
07-08-2010, 05:32 PM
I heard that Amare's deal with the Knicks is a sign and trade...which could mean...more cap space to bring in another big name.

Illa215
07-08-2010, 05:41 PM
He's going to the Heat.

Screw the NBA... This is killing basketball.

LegendX
07-08-2010, 05:42 PM
I'm amazed that there are so many people automatically handing the Championship to the Miami Heat if they get LeBron. Well, those people need to keep in mind that the Orlando Magic, Boston Celtics and the Los Angelas Lakers still exist and still have enough talent to compete ... they are also the better teams. The best thing to add more competition in the East would be for LeBron to team up with Amare, now that, in a certain context, would be a respectable decision.

x_notorious
07-08-2010, 05:44 PM
FWIW: disparate opinions among gms, agents, league HQ officials today about where LeBron is going, but consensus on 1 thing: it's not Mia.

Ric Bucher's Twitter

mjt20mik
07-08-2010, 05:47 PM
Ric Bucher's Twitter

Would be interesting if he went to NY. Would love to see Heat vs Knicks in the ECF finals

LegendX
07-08-2010, 05:47 PM
Ric Bucher's Twitter

Thank God.

_Supreme_
07-08-2010, 05:48 PM
Ric Bucher's Twitter

How can there be consensus about it not being Miami when all we have been hearing has been about NBA officials saying he'll sign with Miami :eyebrow:

I'm not saying he is going to Miami, but that right there is completely bogus.

HeatDynasty346

HE crowned HIMSELF King James in high school--no one else. His ego knows no bounds and it would shock me if he signed with Miami.

joeyc77
As a Philadelphia fan, I started out this offseason hoping Lebron would choose any other team than New York just so I can see the Knicks fans be disappointed and take tremendous joy in reading their whining posts about it while laughing with glee. However, now that it looks like he could join a team (Miami) with two of the other top 10? players in the NBA, I actually may be secretly be pulling for NY tonight. I always stated that if Lebron chose NY, he was showing that all he cared about was money cause really thats all they had to offer, but choosing Miami shows in my opinion that he is a spoiled baby that needs the best of everything around him to win...He's like a 12 y/o playing NBA Live that needs to build a super team before playing a season so he can win every game by 50. Sure the Lakers might still be better, but they at least built or rebuilt their team with trades, draft picks, and some signings...the Heat on the other hand used mafia like sit downs and recruitment tactics unseen since the likes of the Blue Chips movie to build this team (if reports are true)...If Lebron chooses NY, I will hate him forever, but I will hate him while I watch every chance I get and route viciously against him...If he chooses the Heat, I simply will not care to follow such stupitiy...I will follow the Sixers because out of loyalty I am forced to, but I will do nothing more when it comes to the NBA.

HeatDynasty346
07-08-2010, 05:49 PM
Would be interesting if he went to NY. Would love to see Heat vs Knicks in the ECF finals

I miss that rivalry. I'm a fan of both teams, Heat slightly more but I feel like either way, LeBron is going to one of my teams.

HeatDynasty346
07-08-2010, 05:51 PM
As a Philadelphia fan, I started out this offseason hoping Lebron would choose any other team than New York just so I can see the Knicks fans be disappointed and take tremendous joy in reading their whining posts about it while laughing with glee. However, now that it looks like he could join a team (Miami) with two of the other top 10? players in the NBA, I actually may be secretly be pulling for NY tonight. I always stated that if Lebron chose NY, he was showing that all he cared about was money cause really thats all they had to offer, but choosing Miami shows in my opinion that he is a spoiled baby that needs the best of everything around him to win...He's like a 12 y/o playing NBA Live that needs to build a super team before playing a season so he can win every game by 50. Sure the Lakers might still be better, but they at least built or rebuilt their team with trades, draft picks, and some signings...the Heat on the other hand used mafia like sit downs and recruitment tactics unseen since the likes of the Blue Chips movie to build this team (if reports are true)...If Lebron chooses NY, I will hate him forever, but I will hate him while I watch every chance I get and route viciously against him...If he chooses the Heat, I simply will not care to follow such stupitiy...I will follow the Sixers because out of loyalty I am forced to, but I will do nothing more when it comes to the NBA.

If he goes to Miami, a lot of fans will tune out b/c watching will be almost pointless unless you're a Heat fan. But a lot MORE people will tune in to see that trio on one team. Sorry guy.

x_notorious
07-08-2010, 05:51 PM
Never question the Bucher!

Conquest8089
07-08-2010, 05:52 PM
Where has the competitiveness gone. Shouldn't LeBron want to forge his legacy be winning championships? I still don't think the Knicks are out of this one. What better way to create an awe then go to New York. The most reputable of the reporters Stephen A. Smith says its a done deal, but I wonder if LeBrons inner circle wouldn't send him for a loop.

Its funny. I don't remember Magic and Larry Bird ever holding a Sumitt. In the end, I'm not handing the Heat the ship. I think the Lakers will still be in it and any team in the East that cant contend with the Big 3 down in Miami would be willing (if practical) to help the team in the west most likely to knock off Wade, Riley's concoction. Think: Pau Gasol Trade.

mjt20mik
I miss that rivalry. I'm a fan of both teams, Heat slightly more but I feel like either way, LeBron is going to one of my teams.

Yeah. To be honest, I'm a die hard raps fan, so it eats me a lil bit that Bosh is leaving, but I would kill to see Phil lose his 3 peat next year. If this makes it happen, Go HEAT.

:D

Conquest8089
Even Better, I can now be a fan of the field vs. the Heat. LeBron is now the Queen of Miami.

FlakeyFool
07-08-2010, 05:53 PM
he'll never win in cleveland

joeyc77
07-08-2010, 05:56 PM
If he goes to Miami, a lot of fans will tune out b/c watching will be almost pointless unless you're a Heat fan. But a lot MORE people will tune in to see that trio on one team. Sorry guy.

Not really...more and more fans are tuning out already...the NBA is already becoming less and less popular and if this happens it will only add to that...sure maybe some fans will tune in to watch at first, but that will wear off quickly...and even if Lebron wins multi championships, it will always be questioned that he needed two other superstars to get the job done...his legacy will be tarnished forever in my opinion.

soonabooma
07-08-2010, 05:57 PM
My gut feeling tells me Lebron will stay in Cleveland with Byron Scott and they will bring in Chris Paul in a year.

HeatDynasty346
07-08-2010, 05:59 PM
Not really...more and more fans are tuning out already...the NBA is already becoming less and less popular and if this happens it will only add to that...sure maybe some fans will tune in to watch at first, but that will wear off quickly...and even if Lebron wins multi championships, it will always be questioned that he needed two other superstars to get the job done...his legacy will be tarnished forever in my opinion.

Actually, Finals ratings are higher than they've been in a while and people will watch these three play together. I got 10 bucks saying D-Wade takes the last shot is late game situations AND leads the team in scoring. That's b/c D-Wade is better than 'Bron.

HeatDynasty346
07-08-2010, 06:00 PM
My gut feeling tells me Lebron will stay in Cleveland with Byron Scott and they will bring in Chris Paul in a year.

And Chris Paul wants to play in Cleveland? NO ONE DOES!!! Not even LeBron anymore!

Kakaroach
07-08-2010, 06:00 PM
3 more hours. ESPN is having a 3-hour SportsCenter special leading up to it.

_Supreme_
07-08-2010, 06:04 PM
Chris Paul has two more years on his contract to begin with, and if New Orleans was even tempted to trade him before his contract is up then Cleveland sure as hell doesn't have the best trading pieces for them.

fadedmario
07-08-2010, 06:18 PM
Chris Broussard is saying on ESPN that Lebron could possibly run the point if he goes to the Heat. It sounds far-fetched but he could be like a more athletic Magic Johnson. If Miami Heat get Lebron do you think it is possible for him to become a point guard? I found this very interesting

eibbor
07-08-2010, 06:21 PM
I think they will pick up somebody like Jason Williams BUT I'm sure he would still pick up point duties quite a lot.

SF25
07-08-2010, 06:22 PM
I don't see Lebron playing point full time but he's definitely athletic enough to. Wade should be point if it's gonna be one of the two. Both of them typically bring of the ball a lot when they were on separate teams so it shouldn't make much of a difference however.

mjt20mik
07-08-2010, 06:27 PM
3 more hours. ESPN is having a 3-hour SportsCenter special leading up to it.

Crazy how this is blown so much out of proportion. I mean at least some of his special is going towards charity.

Tragedy
07-08-2010, 06:28 PM
I don't think I've ever seen this much media attention for something like this. Absolutely mind blowing. Can't wait until it's announced. I will blow my mind if he ends up with Miami. I said Chicago for a year now, but we'll see.

Wade_County
07-08-2010, 06:31 PM
Lebron will play in New York or Cleveland IMO

Kakaroach
07-08-2010, 06:33 PM
Crazy how this is blown so much out of proportion. I mean at least some of his special is going towards charity.

I don't think I've ever seen this much media attention for something like this. Absolutely mind blowing. Can't wait until it's announced. I will blow my mind if he ends up with Miami. I said Chicago for a year now, but we'll see. Yeah the media has gone crazy the past few weeks, but of course its good his special is going to charity.

LegendX
07-08-2010, 06:33 PM
Can't see LeBron going to Chicago. He's in MJ's shadow enough as it is (which is undeserved), if he goes to Chicago, there will be even more expectations.

asandhu23
07-08-2010, 06:37 PM
You can watch the decision on www.atdhe.net. no need to thank me.

RaidLakeDodgers
07-08-2010, 06:41 PM
FYI---I was listening to colin cowherd yesterday morning & he was saying that there was a reason that lebron quit on his team , but he said ESPN wouldnt let him report on it.
I didnt think much of it & went to work.
When i got there i was talking to a fellow co-worker & i brought it up,he had heard something too , come to find out that the incident colin was talking about was,, that one of his teamates in cleveland was having an affair with lebrons mother
No link , kinda just a rumor , but i did hear some rumblings about his mom when he was having problems with his elbow in the boston series , ..:(
No wonder he quit on them , !!
He felt lied to & betrayed , im sure most of the team knew about it before him.
I can see him going to ny or mia, your thoughts & mods please dont merge this , it deserves its own thread.:facepalm:

J4KOP99
07-08-2010, 06:42 PM
Clippers? The least amount of expectations??

Iodine
07-08-2010, 06:46 PM
Epic thread dude

koreancabbage
07-08-2010, 06:47 PM
winners: Western conference

more importantly:
LA Lakers are the real winners here.

the teams that could stand a chance with he Lakers all lost their all-star big men in Boozer and Amar'e while all the 3 major free agents are in the East.

Lakers.

nuggetsyankees
07-08-2010, 06:48 PM
I would have said Miami if they only got DWade and Bosh but adding Lebron eliminates the potential to get quality bench players for the stretch run, so probably Chicago because they have a solid group of players and they only have one need at this point, SG which could be filled easily considering they still have a lot of cap space

Ticket Guy
If LeBron James signs with the Miami Heat tonight his legacy is forever doomed.

Kobe Bryant
- Championships 5
- Championships by 7th season 3
- top teammate Shaq

Michale Jordan
- Championships 6
- Championships by 7th season 1
- top teammate Scottie Pippen

Larry Bird
- Championships 3
- top teammate Kevin McHale

Magic Johnson
- Championships 5
- top teammate James Worthy

Lebron James
- Championships 0
- Championships by 7th season 0
- top teammate Dwayne Wade.

Notice one trend the 1st 4 players didn't change teams to win a title. Let alone change teams to join a superstar and win a title. I'm not even getting into the off court circus that's been going on. Class is just not in the name of King James. We need a new nickname for him. King doesn't fit.

Bornknick73
OKC Thunder.

Bornknick73
07-08-2010, 06:49 PM
What Legacy? The Legacy of Prince James and King Wade?

koreancabbage
07-08-2010, 06:50 PM
I would have said Miami if they only got DWade and Bosh but adding Lebron eliminates the potential to get quality bench players for the stretch run, so probably Chicago because they have a solid core

lol at this. Wade and Lebron gonna run amok against any of Chicago's wing players.

RadiantShot
07-08-2010, 06:52 PM
You may be the biggest idiot on PSD; hands down.
:facepalm:

nuggetsyankees
07-08-2010, 06:52 PM
lol at this. Wade and Lebron gonna run amok against any of Chicago's wing players.

that's fantastic but they have to come off the cout at some point and they can only sign guys for the minimum so you can only get so many decent playes with the minimum

Hustlenomics
07-08-2010, 06:53 PM
Epic thread dude

USMCLaker
07-08-2010, 06:53 PM
If LeBron James signs with the Miami Heat tonight his legacy is forever doomed.

Kobe Bryant
- Championships 5
- top teammate Shaq

Michale Jordan
- Championships 6
- Championships by 7th season 1
- top teammate Scottie Pippen

Larry Bird
- Championships 3
- top teammate Kevin McHale

Magic Johnson
- Championships 5
- top teammate James Worthy

Lebron James
- Championships 0
- Championships by 7th season 0
- top teammate Dwayne Wade.

Notice one trend the 1st 4 players didn't change teams to win a title. Let alone change teams to join a superstar and win a title. I'm not even getting into the off court circus that's been going on. Class is just not in the name of King James. We need a new nickname for him. King doesn't fit.

FYI, I love James Worthy but the Captain was the top dog on the court.

Ebbs
07-08-2010, 06:55 PM
I would have said Miami if they only got DWade and Bosh but adding Lebron eliminates the potential to get quality bench players for the stretch run, so probably Chicago because they have a solid group of players and they only have one need at this point, SG which could be filled easily considering they still have a lot of cap space

ldc62
07-08-2010, 06:57 PM
2 hours before the show and they are still going over Lebron. I don't watch ESPN much but has it been like this all week?

ATL-ALL-DAY
07-08-2010, 07:03 PM
2 hours before the show and they are still going over Lebron. I don't watch ESPN much but has it been like this all week?

If you didn't know any better you'd swear LeBron died

I can't wait until BASKETBALL GAMES are actually played and this politics **** can stop

J4KOP99
07-08-2010, 07:03 PM
Anyone who took my thread about the winner of free agency seriously needs to get their head checked out.

ldc62
07-08-2010, 07:08 PM
If you didn't know any better you'd swear LeBron died

I can't wait until BASKETBALL GAMES are actually played and this politics **** can stop

hahaha this is actually crazy since its only basketball

Anyone who took my thread about the winner of free agency seriously needs to get their head checked out.

Link?

DLeeicious
07-08-2010, 07:09 PM
This is supposed to be on espn at 8 est right? My TV says "World cup preview" is on ESPN at that time.

ldc62
07-08-2010, 07:11 PM
This is supposed to be on espn at 8 est right? My TV says "World cup preview" is on ESPN at that time.

w.e. watch it online. ESPN pre show is hilarious.

nuggetsyankees
07-08-2010, 07:14 PM
CB4 & Flash would have fit much better in CHI if Boozer didn't sign...also if the Heat only had CB4 & Flash and not LBJ then they could easily get Mike Miller, Raja Bell, Brad Miller, Luke Ridnour or Raymond Felton, resign Haslem, etc. but now they have to settle for older, less-impact players like Kurt Thomas, and AI and so on...they would be able to keep Beasley and start him at the 3 and hopefully develop him into a 4 with a help of Bosh and they'd have a lineup like this

PG: Felton?Ridnour?/ Chalmers/ Beverley
SG: Dwade/ Bell
SF: Beasley/ Mike Miller/ Butler
PF: Bosh/ Haslem/ Beasley/ Vernado
C: Miller/ Anthony/ Pittman

rather than

PG: Chalmers/ Beverley
SG: DWade/ AI
SF: LeBron/ Butler
PF: Bosh/ Vernado
C: Anthony/ Kurt Thomas/ Pittman

The first one is more well-rounded and full of depth. The second may have a lineup of 3superstars, but they won't play off of each other as well as you may think. If Lebron goes to Miami, I can guarantee you that they don't win it all. In fact I don't think they'll even come 1st in the Eastern Conference and I', willing to bet on that

ldc62
07-08-2010, 07:16 PM
CB4 & Flash would have fit much better in CHI if Boozer didn't sign...also if the Heat only had CB4 & Flash and not LBJ then they could easily get Mike Miller, Raja Bell, Brad Miller, Luke Ridnour or Raymond Felton, resign Haslem, etc. but now they have to settle for older, less-impact players like Kurt Thomas, and AI and so on...they would be able to keep Beasley and start him at the 3 and hopefully develop him into a 4 with a help of Bosh and they'd have a lineup like this

PG: Felton?Ridnour?/ Chalmers/ Beverley
SG: Dwade/ Bell
SF: Beasley/ Mike Miller/ Butler
PF: Bosh/ Haslem/ Beasley/ Vernado
C: Miller/ Anthony/ Pittman

rather than

PG: Chalmers/ Beverley
SG: DWade/ AI
SF: LeBron/ Butler
PF: Bosh/ Vernado
C: Anthony/ Kurt Thomas/ Pittman

The first one is more well-rounded and full of depth. The second may have a lineup of 3superstars, but they won't play off of each other as well as you may think.

No one is thinking that except for Heat fans. But the 2nd team would be way more fun to cheer for/against.

ChiTown Cubbies
07-08-2010, 07:16 PM
drew brees says he just left espn and knows where lbj is going.

CB4AB7VC15
07-08-2010, 07:22 PM
LBJ stays in Cleveland, he isn't a sellout...................

The Jokemaker
07-08-2010, 07:22 PM
This getting ridiculous. It's almost like a Michael Jackson concert in his prime. People are going to be crying in the stand just at the sight of him. He's going to enter from the bottom of the floor and music will play. Then they'll cut to commercial right before he says what team he is going to. Then fireworks will blast, girls in bikins will swarm him, confetti will rain down like its a hurricane and the fans in attendance will be kissing his feet as they praise the King.

Can't wait just to hear where he signs and move on.

_Supreme_
07-08-2010, 07:25 PM
No one is thinking that except for Heat fans.

And the coaches of the Olympics team, among other people.

_Supreme_
07-08-2010, 07:26 PM
I'm going to post this off-topic thing just because it is funny:

I just got bit by a mosquito the size of Nate Robinson... Im about to pass out... LOL

http://twitter.com/Baron_Davis

TheKing23
07-08-2010, 07:38 PM
Whatever happens tonight, this "The Decision" thing has actually been a great idea.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/38154289

Less than five hours from now, LeBron James will tell ESPN, on its hour special called “The Decision,” what team he is going to.

As part of the deal with ESPN, James’ business team, LRMR Marketing, was given ad inventory to sell.

They sold co-presenting sponsorships to the University of Phoenix and Bing, with McDonald’s and Sprite also having commercials in the show.

James’ team isn’t saying how much in total was raised, but Maverick Carter, CEO of LRMR, did say on Thursday afternoon that more than $2 million in net proceeds will go to the Boys & Girls Club of America. Vitaminwater and Nike also contributed in the charitable effort.

“LeBron’s decision has generated an incredible amount of interest, and we decided to make his announcement on national television,” Carter said, in a statement. “We are donating the proceeds from the program, totaling $2.5 million, to the Boys & Girls Clubs of America…LeBron has a longstanding commitment to giving back to the community and has worked with the Boys & Girls Clubs in cities across the country.”

James will make his announcement on show from the Boys & Girls Club in Greenwich, Connecticut, which is celebrating its 100th anniversary.

“Boys & Girls Clubs of America is grateful to LeBron James for his choosing Boys & Girls Clubs as the beneficiary of the generous support generated by his exciting announcement,” the non-profit group said, in a statement.

“At Boys & Girls Clubs, our slogan is "Great Futures Start Here," because of the life-changing, character-building guidance and mentorship that clubs provide to young people. As LeBron James announces the game plan for his "Great Future," we are delighted to partner with him, and on behalf of all our children and teens in Clubs nationwide, we wish him the very best in the years ahead.”

So whatever anyone says about LeBron being an attention whore etc. this has actually turned out to be a really nice touch by Bron, raising $2.5m for the Boys & Girls club of America.

gbpackers12
07-08-2010, 07:41 PM
I'm going to post this off-topic thing just because it is funny:

http://twitter.com/Baron_Davis

:laugh2: That's good.

ManRam
07-08-2010, 07:42 PM
I'm tapping out of the NBA forum for a night. Going to the bar to watch "the decision". It's been a ridiculous first week of free agency, and I definitely am sick of it. It's been fun.

Here's to praying LeBron goes to NYK...or stays in Cleveland.

:cheers:

ldc62
07-08-2010, 07:49 PM
Woot Isaiah went to Akron to help recruit Lebron

arkanian215
07-08-2010, 07:50 PM
I'm not sure if this was posted yet.

Longtime broadcaster Jim Gray will have the first interview with LeBron James on tonight's ESPN special. He joined the show to preview his interview and the special.

Gray explained that he saw LeBron's marketing guy Maverick Carter and super-agent Ari Emanuel at Game 2 of the NBA finals. Gray said he told Carter he wanted to do the interview and suggested they buy an hour of television.

Gray said Carter and Emanuel liked the idea. And then Gray saw Carter and LeBron at a restaurant after the game and kept talking about it.

"What Maverick really liked is that he could raise a lot of money for a charity," Gray said.

Gray thinks it's a great idea because it will help Boys and Girls clubs. "It doesn't bother me at all," Gray said. "I think it's wonderful."

Gray talked about the structure of the show. He said it will open with Stuart Scott in studio, set the stage, and then go to him and LeBron. "I'll ask him some questions before I ask him what his decision is," Gray said.

Gray said that his hunch right now is LeBron will join the Heat, but it's just a hunch. He wouldn't be shocked if he chose the Cavs, Knicks or Bulls. Gray said he'd be shocked if it was the Clippers.http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/danpatrick/blog/119161/index.html

billyocean15
07-08-2010, 07:59 PM
Apparently the actual announcement will take place "late in show."

ManRam
07-08-2010, 08:00 PM
ESPN has basically had a ESPN special the last 2 hours. If he simply said, "I'm going to announce my decision at 9 o'clock", and didn't ask for the special, there would have been one anyways.

As selfish and egotistical as it does look, it would have happened anyways, the whole world knows it, and to spin that in 2.5 million dollars for charity is great.

Could he have let the news leak via twitter, facebook, his website or an "inside source"? Sure. Do I think that's the most professional way to do so? No. Do you breakup with your girlfriend online or through someone else? No. If you are a man, you do it to there face, and let the world know about it. That's what he's doing.

weeman323
07-08-2010, 08:01 PM
I say he announces his retirement and joins the Cleveland Browns as a Wide Receiver. :p

prodigy
07-08-2010, 08:06 PM
I would like to see Lebron break his leg in 13 places while walking on the stage. Is that bad to say?

_Supreme_
07-08-2010, 08:08 PM
If he/they will call the teams who aren't it 5 minutes before the show, as was claimed earlier, and announce it late in the show, then the team's who aren't it will leak in the meantime.

So the calling before the show thing is probably not true.

ManRam
07-08-2010, 08:09 PM
I've been nice about Brossard, but the more I listen to him, the more I think he's blowing smoke out of his ***...

He says his gut says Cleveland, but his "sources" say Miami. He said he was only 85% sure.

I can't wait till he's irrelevant again.

ldc62
07-08-2010, 08:10 PM
I would like to see Lebron break his leg in 13 places while walking on the stage. Is that bad to say?

Don't be bitter. He did the best he could with the bad teams he was given.

netsgiantsyanks
07-08-2010, 08:10 PM

but then he says, i've decided to sign with the cleveland cavaliers

ldc62
07-08-2010, 08:11 PM
Apparently the actual announcement will take place "late in show."

Not too surprised but disappointed. I guess everyone was just going to tune out.

iam brett favre
07-08-2010, 08:14 PM
well theres really no reason to watch this i guess

prodigy
07-08-2010, 08:18 PM
Don't be bitter. He did the best he could with the bad teams he was given.

Before or after games 4 and 5? lol. How about when he lost us talented players? Was he doing his best then?

you lose!!!!

Slimsim
07-08-2010, 08:18 PM
I've been nice about Brossard, but the more I listen to him, the more I think he's blowing smoke out of his ***...

He says his gut says Cleveland, but his "sources" say Miami. He said he was only 85% sure.

I can't wait till he's irrelevant again.

:clap:

fishfan79
07-08-2010, 08:19 PM
good luck to all fans of the possible teams. Personally even as a heat fan I think he stays at cleveland but never know. I just hope that it brings up some good advertising for an exciting season no matter where he goes.

MetsLegacy
07-08-2010, 08:20 PM
This whole saga feels like something the WWE/WWF would pull off.

In fact, I'm going to say he'll be the next champion of UFC.

JNA17
i love how all the interviewed players they showed on ESPN, Kobe was the only one that said lebron should do whatever makes him happy.

prodigy
Not too surprised but disappointed. I guess everyone was just going to tune out.

Well I'm in the mindset he's gone. So if he leaves i really won't care, But if he stays that would be crazy!!!!

I would still lose respect for him even if he stayed. it would mean he cost us good players last off-season for no reason.

Lou Holtz Lisp
07-08-2010, 08:21 PM
Just thought I'd share this with yall, saw it on the Cavs board:
http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=506052

YankeeFan28
07-08-2010, 08:21 PM
As an outsider viewing in, this is absolutely hilarious.

ManRam
07-08-2010, 08:22 PM
i love how all the interviewed players they showed on ESPN, Kobe was the only one that said lebron should do whatever makes him happy.

Because he's the one least affected by it.

Kobe always says the politically correct things. I love it, but sometimes I wish he'd just loosen up and tell us what he really thinks. He should take some pointers from SVG :p

ManRam
07-08-2010, 08:23 PM
As an outsider viewing in, this is absolutely hilarious.

I just made some popcorn.

Time to kick back, relax, and watch the show.

This is great...and hilarious. The biggest story in the NBA in years and years. It's crazy.

iam brett favre
07-08-2010, 08:23 PM
im still holding out hope for him shocking the world and saying he signs with the clippers

BREAKING NEWS: VINNY DEL NEGRO IS SEEN FLYING TO LEBRON'S PRESS CONFERECE!!!!

arkanian215
07-08-2010, 08:24 PM
I really can't wait when PSD blows up tonight. It will be a masterpiece. Poor mods.

JNA17
07-08-2010, 08:25 PM
but sometimes I wish he'd just loosen up and tell us what he really thinks.

he does it all the time :confused:

Baller1
07-08-2010, 08:26 PM
That was moving.

JNA17
07-08-2010, 08:26 PM
I just made some popcorn.

Time to kick back, relax, and watch the show.

This is great...and hilarious. The biggest story in the NBA in years and years. It's crazy.

i got my chicken wings ready to go :D.

J4KOP99
07-08-2010, 08:29 PM
No need to add this into the LeBron sticky thread.

Let's just all put our final prediction in here and then a Mod can close it at 9 so we can see who was right/wrong.

My prediction- Cleveland

The Jokemaker
07-08-2010, 08:30 PM
30 mins til showtime! Then 55 minutes until the announcement!

The man does know how to stir up excitement becaues I can't lie. I am excited to FINALLY hear/see/talk about his decision.

Final prediction: Knicks.

iggypop123
what is kobe supposed to say? muahahaha the west is all mine now. thank you 2010

Heediot
Clippers!

The Jokemaker
07-08-2010, 08:31 PM
Knicks!

AddiX
Apparently CLE doesnt have the internet because that forum is empty.

Sorry to CLE, but bron is a hot girl is a small town, he hasn't even reached his peak until he comes to NY.

mattz1212
I wonder how many people will be in the NBa board right after Lebron makes his decision. I'll put the over/under at 800.

Hell I don't know if PSD will be able to handle it.

ManRam
07-08-2010, 08:33 PM
This clown talking right now is just that, a clown.

Of course Jordan and Kobe wouldn't ever leave their teams. They were surrounded by talent and won rings. If they didn't, and didn't have faith in their front office, of course they would consider leaving...

These random comments from these random people are HIlarious.

29$JerZ
07-08-2010, 08:33 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHlDUGrOtyY&playnext_from=TL&videos=kV2FXoKO9tw&feature=sub

infernoscurse
07-08-2010, 08:36 PM
half an hour to go and i just came back i bought a nets/ knicks / bulls , heat and cavs cap and banners, i have them all lined up next to my bed, i have ESPN on and who ever he chooses to play for im going to pick up that hat and put it on and take multiple pics as im going to be the biggest fan of that team ever, i just hope he doesnt pick a team outside of those

i just want you all to know

L ove everyone
E ven if they root for some other team
B ecause we are all the same
R ight? we all fans
O f the greatest sport of all, basketball in the
N BA

Lebronn can you see by lebron's early lightttttt, whats so produly he hailed at the twilights premiere

#teamLebron!!!

mattz1212
07-08-2010, 08:37 PM
Is the Coors Light "window" the most useless addition to a product ever? I vote yes.

JNA17
07-08-2010, 08:38 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHlDUGrOtyY&playnext_from=TL&videos=kV2FXoKO9tw&feature=sub

The Jokemaker
07-08-2010, 08:39 PM
half an hour to go and i just came back i bought a nets/ knicks / bulls , heat and cavs cap and banners, i have them all lined up next to my bed, i have ESPN on and who ever he chooses to play for im going to pick up that hat and put it on and take multiple pics as im going to be the biggest fan of that team ever, i just hope he doesnt pick a team outside of those

i just want you all to know

L ove everyone
E ven if they root for some other team
B ecause we are all the same
R ight? we all fans
O f the greatest sport of all, basketball in the
N BA

Lebronn can you see by lebron's early lightttttt, whats so produly he hailed at the twilights premiere

#teamLebron!!!

I hope he first says Team Edward THEN the Knicks.

infernoscurse
07-08-2010, 08:44 PM
lol at the knick fans threatening lebron that he will be hated in NY if he doesnt come to NY

gbpackers12
07-08-2010, 08:45 PM
I have never seen anything like this. lol

northsider
07-08-2010, 08:46 PM

hahahah him talking about Lost was ****ing hilarious.

JNA17
lol at the knick fans threatening lebron that he will be hated in NY if he doesnt come to NY

personally i don't blame them. If i were a die hard knicks fan and i have been waiting for 2 years for this moment and instead of resigning with the cavs, but does not sign with the knicks, instead, signs with the Heat, my rage would be in the level of kill bill mode.

ABOMB_56
This clown talking right now is just that, a clown.

Of course Jordan and Kobe wouldn't ever leave their teams. They were surrounded by talent and won rings. If they didn't, and didn't have faith in their front office, of course they would consider leaving...

These random comments from these random people are HIlarious.

I guess this clown didn't realize that Kobe almost left the Lakers in 04 when he was a free agent to go to the other LA team. He milked that Free agency so bad, AND threw Bynum under the bus. Since when did Kobe become a model citizen?

infernoscurse
07-08-2010, 08:47 PM
stephenasmith

Uh Oh......hearing some last minute things are unfolding. Holy #@$*. Stay Tuned!!! lol

Gibby23
Is the Coors Light "window" the most useless addition to a product ever? I vote yes.

yes, don't people just take the beer out of the box before they put it in the fridge? I do.

iam brett favre
this whole situation seems a lot like something youd see in WWE

Pierzynski4Prez
07-08-2010, 08:49 PM
this whole situation seems a lot like something youd see in WWE

basically the same ****

iam brett favre
lol

im telling you...LEBRON TO THE CLIPPERS

Reyes6
I hope he retires.... or goes to the Clippers of course.

R. Johnson#3
$50 says he tells everyone to tune in next Thursday for the real decision.

FlakeyFool
07-08-2010, 08:50 PM
I will punch myself if he has hats lined up and he picks one

infernoscurse
07-08-2010, 08:51 PM
personally i don't blame them. If i were a die hard knicks fan and i have been waiting for 2 years for this moment and instead of resigning with the cavs, but does not sign with the knicks, instead, signs with the Heat, my rage would be in the level of kill bill mode.

i get it but its not like the girl who was in a relationship that tells you wait till i break up with him, wait for me

he never said he wanted to go to the knicks, so knick fans are acting like hte guys who are waiting for a girl who is hot and saw her recently get single and think he has a shot with her even if theres better looking guys after her

blake20696
I will punch myself if he has hats lined up and he picks one

that would be awesome if he did that

The Jokemaker

I think it'd be even better if he said one team, then said NOOOOTTTT! then said the real team

Reyes6
07-08-2010, 08:52 PM
It'd be funny if he pooped in a Knicks hat.

messycants
07-08-2010, 08:53 PM
Who would pick cleveland or new york over....................................

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5KOnJxPdPA

joeyc77
07-08-2010, 08:53 PM

Or as "Don't Stop Believing" is playing in the backround the screen goes black.

LegendX
07-08-2010, 08:54 PM
$10 says LeBron goes to play in Europe.

ManRam
07-08-2010, 08:54 PM
http://content.usatoday.com/communities/gameon/post/2010/07/lebron-james-espn-decision-drinking-game/1

YES!

If I drank every time they said "sources", I'd be dead.

infernoscurse
07-08-2010, 08:55 PM
if he really wanted to be the villan he would pee on the hat of the team he isnt going to

or better yet, bring maury to sit down with the GM of each team and tell them instead of you're not the father but you're not gettin him

if its miami, have wade and bosh walk out behind him nd they start break dancing to some hip hop song about lebron

Lou Holtz Lisp
http://twitter.com/stephenasmith

Uh Oh......hearing some last minute things are unfolding. Holy #@$*. Stay Tuned!!!
8 minutes ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®

TheKing23
The more I think about what is actually happening the craziest this gets...

jetsfan28
07-08-2010, 08:56 PM
People on this forum know I'm one of LeBron's biggest supporters. And if he goes to LAC, NY, CLE, or CHI, good for him. But I will immediately lose most of my respect for him as a player (D-Wade would be the best crunch time scorer on that team, and it's a sign LeBron doesn't think he can be that guy) and as a person (going on TV to stab Cleveland in the heart, I already hate this special but hate it even more if he gos to Miami to create a superteam, choosing a team of hired guns unlike Chicago over loyalty). If he wants to leave, he can become a legend in NY, or a leader of a winner in Chicago. But going to a team of mercenaries on a national TV special would just be low IMO, especially if it's a 3 year contract.

gbpackers12
Be right.

TheKing23
Chris Broussard is an ***.

Reyes6
07-08-2010, 08:57 PM
Nobody knows except for LBJ.

infernoscurse
this just in... just heard lebron will be interrupted right before he announces the name by:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HrSN7176XI

Ovratd1up
Anyone know what channel this is on in Mexico?

R. Johnson#3
07-08-2010, 08:58 PM
He's gonna pull a Michael Jordan and go to the Chicago White Sox

ManRam
People on this forum know I'm one of LeBron's biggest supporters. And if he goes to LAC, NY, CLE, or CHI, good for him. But I will immediately lose most of my respect for him as a player (D-Wade would be the best crunch time scorer on that team, and it's a sign LeBron doesn't think he can be that guy) and as a person (going on TV to stab Cleveland in the heart, I already hate this special but hate it even more if he gos to Miami to create a superteam, choosing a team of hired guns unlike Chicago over loyalty). If he wants to leave, he can become a legend in NY, or a leader of a winner in Chicago. But going to a team of mercenaries on a national TV special would just be low IMO, especially if it's a 3 year contract.

I agree (except I think LeBron is more clutch, crucify me if you will).

I love the man, but going to Miami sucks...and I will never root for him there.

I wont fault him for chasing championships, because why SHOULDN'T he? He can go wherever he wants. If anyone else follwed Wade and Bosh there, it wouldn't be a big deal. Again, it's the double standard that exists because he is one of the 2 best players in the league.

I just couldn't root for that team. Puke.

dbroncos78087
Just a warning, there will be severe punishment for posting of false rumors.

Reyes6
07-08-2010, 08:59 PM
Lol the Mods are going to have a fun time deleting all these threads.

Slimsim
07-08-2010, 08:59 PM
Anywhere but Chicago

The Jokemaker
07-08-2010, 09:00 PM
$10 says LeBron goes to play in Europe.

This is unrelated but I love your signature. I'm a huge phins fan.

And It would be incredible if he decided to leave and play elsewhere in europe.

ManRam
Game time!

Slimsim
if LBJ go to Chicago they are the favorite to win a NBA championship.

Reyes6
Clippers!!!!!!!!!!!!

ABOMB_56

This. I would lose a little of my respect for him, but I would still commend him on giving up money and tarnishing his legacy to win a championship

Slimsim
I waited all day for this this is so exciting.

jetsforever
Ahhhhh

Statik1
07-08-2010, 09:01 PM
This is soooooo fing gay wow LMAO

THE DECISION.....

jetsfan28
I agree (except I think LeBron is more clutch, crucify me if you will).

I love the man, but going to Miami sucks...and I will never root for him there.

I wont fault him for chasing championships, because why SHOULDN'T he? He can go wherever he wants. If anyone else follwed Wade and Bosh there, it wouldn't be a big deal. Again, it's the double standard that exists because he is one of the 2 best players in the league.

I just couldn't root for that team. Puke.

It's debatable, but to me Wade's free throw shooting makes him a better weapon down the stretch, LeBron still occasionally looks like he doesn't want to get to the line.

I still want to see him go to China or the Globetrotters for 1 year just to **** with everyone, but I'm guessing it won't happen.

TheKing23
According to ESPN Cleveland the Heat pulled out some LeBron adverts from the Miami Herald... Take it for what it's worth...

IndiansFan337
Here we go, fellas.

It's showtime.

Gators123
I'm surprised Lebron isn't wearing sweat pants and a t-shirt ;)

northsider
It just dawned on me how ****ing ridiculously stupid this is to be happening in a professional organization hahahaha this is on some WWF type ****. Only in America.

Reyes6
I was told 9EST... it's already 9:01... what a jerk.

JNA17
This is soooooo fing gay wow LMAO

THE DECISION.....

I'm throwing up :facepalm:

king4day
Yea ESPN had this prepared for a while. This is pretty lame. Just give an answer and be done with it.

bomber0104
go to chicago and make this next season interesting u loser

The Jokemaker
07-08-2010, 09:02 PM
I can't believe two things. 1) This is on TV. 2) I'm watching.

Get excited folks!

championships
your guys favorite show is on.. How many sad ******* are recording it...lol

jetsfan28
This. I would lose a little of my respect for him, but I would still commend him on giving up money and tarnishing his legacy to win a championship

The thing is, if he were doing that, he would sign for 5 years, 70 million, still make a ton of money and leave Miami with some cap room to get another player. It's not like he's really giving away money, like, for example, Dirk is doing.

Slimsim
this FA ******** did make this summer really fun.

GottaBelieve
I see white smoke...

AntwanN21
I got New York and im a raptors fan.

jetsforever
Such a lame intro

northsider
This seriously might have been the dumbest thing the NBA has ever allowed to happen hahaha a ****ing hour special for a FA what in the ****ing world.

Reyes6
Nice sig Antwan. ;)

LegendX
07-08-2010, 09:03 PM
Just a warning, there will be severe punishment for posting of false rumors.

Rumor: dbroncos78087 has a secret crush on a certain species of Elk.

Sportfan
just went to dicks sporting good to see this

McPeak92
Im making the first thread.

infernoscurse
heyy go right to the point i dont want to see more analyst talk crap

nalrah01
Got the popcorn ready, hope this is action-packed!

Reyes6
That rumor has been confirmed by multiple sources.

Slimsim
They need to show Cleveland reaction if LBJ leave.

jetsforever
07-08-2010, 09:04 PM
That made no sense... Does he have Wade better then Lebron? Or Kobe?

JNA17
lame intro and just lame. Just answer it already, stop pulling this wwe/nick jr. **** :facepalm:

northsider
Holy **** I KNOW WHERE HE IS GOING!!!

The Bears cause we don't have a ****ing WR.

GottaBelieve
Unless you say Cleveland Lebron, get ready to become one of the most detested players in the NBA

AntwanN21
Nice sig Antwan. ;)

haha yeah I gotta change it soon, as soon as the free agent frenzy is over, i will change it. Gotta have hope though

Gators123
Holy **** announce it already

Reyes6
He has

Lebron=1
Wade=2
Scalabrine=3

xmoney328
According to my sources lebron will sign with the cavs or the knicks...with a option to opt out in 2 or 3 years.

championships
watch, higher ratings than the finals..... how sad

TheKing23
Unless you say Cleveland Lebron, get ready to become one of the most detested players in the NBA

He isn't already?

gbpackers12
07-08-2010, 09:05 PM
:laugh2: I can't believe they put together that introduction.

king4day
my guess is when he sits down for the interview, he'll have the teams hat on

bomber0104
show it already

Slimsim
God i really wondering what Kobe is thinking ATM. he's probably smirking with an evil look on his face

Jays52
I can't believe two things. 1) This is on TV. 2) I'm watching.

Get excited folks!

This

Statik1
ESPN sure does love the taste of LeBrons ****!

Reyes6
I've already seen these videos the first million times ESPN showed it.

Hawkize31
Lebron haters have to be hating life right now lol.

ldc62
hurry up...

Gigantes4Life
07-08-2010, 09:06 PM
here we gooo

GottaBelieve
He isn't already?

True. But I think it will be infinitely worse unless he says I'm staying with the Cavs.

And I'm a Knicks fan.

PraiseJesus
must see TV

jetsforever
According to my sources lebron will sign with the cavs or the knicks...with a option to opt out in 2 or 3 years.

My source says Miami....