PDA

View Full Version : Chris Paul joins Lebron James' management team

RogerL88
07-08-2010, 02:36 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ys-paullebron070810

Will this influence his decision?

Maybe Paul will join him in Cleveland in 2012 when his contract is up.
Maybe he will force trade to the Cavs?

jrm2054
07-08-2010, 02:39 PM
Chris Paul is my favorite player i want him out of NO and on a contender.

R_O_W_E
07-08-2010, 02:40 PM
Thats interesting news.

The 2008 Olympics may have ruined the NBA. The US Mens team left that Olympics loving each other building strong friendships to take back to the NBA. The only people who aren't memebers of this love party seem to be Kobe, Tayshaun, & Redd.

Kakaroach
07-08-2010, 02:42 PM
Thats interesting news.

The 2008 Olympics may have ruined the NBA. The US Mens team left that Olympics loving each other building strong friendships to take back to the NBA. The only people who aren't memebers of this love party seem to be Kobe, Tayshaun, & Redd. My thoughts exactly, its really worrying me because Deron Williams was also on that team.

As for Paul, I'm not sure just how much this will matter in the big picture.

AllTimeBest
07-08-2010, 02:44 PM
I still think this is Lebron's best option. Go back to the Cav's. Paul loves Byron Scott. Sign a 5 year deal with the Cav's, and campaign for them to get Paul when he becomes available. Would instantly become a championship favorite with Varajeo and Big Z.

Hellcrooner
07-08-2010, 02:47 PM
maybe heforces a trade to knicks for currys expiring and chandler=?

lebron signs there

*Silver&Black*
07-08-2010, 02:48 PM
Thats interesting news.

The 2008 Olympics may have ruined the NBA. The US Mens team left that Olympics loving each other building strong friendships to take back to the NBA. The only people who aren't memebers of this love party seem to be Kobe, Tayshaun, & Redd.

Joe Johnson decided that $120 million and his Hawks teammates were better than Lebron and Wade as friends.:D

numba1CHANGsta
07-08-2010, 02:48 PM
Thats interesting news.

wait until next offseason when Redd and Prince are free agents :D

shep33
07-08-2010, 02:49 PM
I can see Paul going to the Cavs... why not? Byron Scott was his old coach that lead the Hornets to the 2nd best record in the WC.

Probably have to give up Williams, West, and Varajao.

AllTimeBest
07-08-2010, 02:51 PM
I can see Paul going to the Cavs... why not? Byron Scott was his old coach that lead the Hornets to the 2nd best record in the WC.

It's seeming like Paul is the Cav's best option to show to Lebron right now.

mikantsass
07-08-2010, 02:52 PM
Thats interesting news.

Agreed, supposedly Bosh, Lebron, Wade and Paul made a pact to play together in the future....

Rivera
07-08-2010, 02:53 PM
Joe Johnson decided that $120 million and his Hawks teammates were better than Lebron and Wade as friends.:D

orlandos my favorite team but

just because of this whole FA summer thing whatever

i really hope JJ and the hawks stick it to whatever team lebron goes to

it would have some irony....i think

R_O_W_E
07-08-2010, 02:53 PM
My thoughts exactly, its really worrying me because Deron Williams was also on that team.

As for Paul, I'm not sure just how much this will matter in the big picture.

I forgot about Deron. Yeah I'd be worried too regarding that. He expires in 2 more seasons, and depending on whats going on with the Jazz even before then he might start talking with his former Olympic teammates about joining one of these mini-Olympic teams.

The mystique of actual rivalries is gone in the NBA. Yet the league wonders why they're losing revenue and interest. You've got 8-10 All Star NBA players having little meetings and conference calls together talking about how they want to play together and when they can play together. You've got LeBron amongst other NBA stars at Carmelo's wedding. It seems like every top rookie coming into the NBA under John Calapari has a good relationship with LeBron. You've got LeBron building close friendships with top basketball recruits in the entire country at his skills camp, relationships that carry over to once they reach the NBA.

It makes me appreciate Kobe even more. He might be one of the last "old fashioned" NBA players. The NBA's version of The Justice League disgusts me.

RogerL88
07-08-2010, 02:54 PM

I think they would want Hickson as well.
And I think Cleveland is even willing to take Okafor and Posey in a deal.

_Supreme_
07-08-2010, 02:56 PM
New Orleans isn't trading Paul for anything the Cavs have. If they are trading Paul at all they have a hell of a lot better options. They are not giving away their franchise player to do him a favour.

Also Lebron is not going to wait two more years because Paul could maybe come to the Cavs by then.

You people can just as well stop the useless speculation because it not happening.

If it is true that he will be there this is just to announce Paul joined the marketing company. It would be the perfect opportunity for them with so many people viewing.

S-Dot
07-08-2010, 02:57 PM

Joe wasn't on the 2008 Olympic team either though.

tdunk21
07-08-2010, 02:58 PM

if it means cp3 will come to cavs then hell yeah send mo, delonte, wild thing and draft picks for cp3 and okafor's contract or posey's contract....

R_O_W_E
07-08-2010, 02:58 PM
Joe Johnson wasn't on that Olympic team. Despite that, its still bad enough that he joined in with this summit. Had Atlanta not overpaid him, Johnson would've joined up with Amare in NY by now.

wait until next offseason when Redd and Prince are free agents :D
Of course. Wouldn't surprise me 1 bit if they take MLE deals to join up with their fellow Olympic teammates.

Agreed, supposedly Bosh, Lebron, Wade and Paul made a pact to play together in the future....

Dont forget about Carmelo possibly turning down a contract extension that would make him one the highest paid players in the NBA to stay in Denver.

Why else would he do that? ;) If he screws Denver like that to join up with LeBron or another NBA Justice League Diva, it would make a joke out of the NBA.

Chapin78
07-08-2010, 03:00 PM
Maybe Paul is convincing Lebron to do a S&T to New Orleans :shrug:

twoearl
07-08-2010, 03:01 PM
I forgot about Deron. Yeah I'd be worried too regarding that. He expires in 2 more seasons, and depending on whats going on with the Jazz even before then he might start talking with his former Olympic teammates about joining one of these mini-Olympic teams.

The mystique of actual rivalries is gone in the NBA. Yet the league wonders why they're losing revenue and interest. You've got 8-10 All Star NBA players having little meetings and conference calls together talking about how they want to play together and when they can play together. You've got LeBron amongst other NBA stars at Carmelo's wedding. It seems like every top rookie coming into the NBA under John Calapari has a good relationship with LeBron. You've got LeBron building close friendships with top basketball recruits in the entire country at his skills camp, relationships that carry over to once they reach the NBA.

It makes me appreciate Kobe even more. He might be one of the last "old fashioned" NBA players. The NBA's version of The Justice League disgusts me.

I gotta give you props that was well said.

BigBlueCrew
07-08-2010, 03:02 PM
this has nothing to do with Lebron

next year when CP3 is a free agent, he wants a management team that can get him a 60 min special on ESPN when he announces where he is going

nystandup
07-08-2010, 03:02 PM
What, is Paul going to Miami now too

R_O_W_E
07-08-2010, 03:03 PM
Maybe Paul is convincing Lebron to do a S&T to New Orleans :shrug:

I doubt it.

It probably means Paul has hired a management team who are capable of pushing the Hornets' hand into dealing him to join up with an Olympic butt buddy.

The signs have been on the wall for awhile. Why else would "rumors" get out saying any team that signs LeBron needs to acquire Chris Paul.

1 day Chris Paul is getting LeBron on twitter, and the next day they have the same agent, and soon they will have the same team.

AllTimeBest
07-08-2010, 03:05 PM
What, is Paul going to Miami now too

No. 0 chance Miami can afford that unless they have 4 men on the entire roster.

nystandup
07-08-2010, 03:05 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/100708

Careful; this column will self-destruct at 9 on Thursday night. I can't remember writing a column that had a shorter shelf life. Twelve hours and it turns bad like leftover sushi. Let's call this "Twenty-Three Random Thoughts Before Tonight's LeBronocalypse."

1. A few weeks after the 2008 Summer Olympics, Someone Who Knows Things told me the following rumor: LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, Chris Bosh and Chris Paul became such good friends during the 2007 Olympic trials, and then during their 2008 Olympics excursion in Beijing, that they actually made a pact in China to play together. You know, like one of those pacts in a chick flick where two friends agree to get married if both of them are single when they turn 40.

As the rumor went, the 2010 free agents (LeBron, Wade and Bosh) would sign with the same team (at that point the Knicks if they created enough cap room), then Paul would join them in 2012 (or sooner). I thought this was the craziest thing I had ever heard -- so crazy, I only mentioned it once (in a November '08 column). It reminded me of being in my mid-20s in Las Vegas, gambling in the wee hours with my single high school buddies, then all of us drunkenly saying, "We should all pick one city and live there, we'd just go out and kill it every night!" Then you wake up the next morning and forget it was ever discussed. So even if the China rumor was true, that didn't mean it was actually going to happen. Or so I thought.

2. Fast-forward two summers: If LeBron says the word "Miami" tonight, does that mean the rumor was true? Or at least discussed by those guys? Because how could anyone make up something that loony? In 2008, you and I could have sat in a room for 10 hours trying to make up the craziest possible sports rumor and never come up with "Bosh, LeBron, Wade and/or Paul all made a pact in China to play together" without throwing in some improbably bizarre addendum like, "And they did so right after covering up the shooting of Jayson Williams' chauffeur." Was the rumor accurate? Did they stick to their guns? Will we ever find out the truth? Because if they did make a pact, that means

R_O_W_E
07-08-2010, 03:08 PM
this has nothing to do with Lebron

next year when CP3 is a free agent, he wants a management team that can get him a 60 min special on ESPN when he announces where he is going

It has everything to do with LeBron. Why else do you think CP3's name has been mentioned so much this summer, when hes still under contract for as many as 3 years with New Orleans.

Why else do you think this news comes out after Chris Paul spent this week in Akron with LeBron at the LeBron James skills camp.

*puts on tinfoil hat* Its a ****ing conspiracy I tell ya.

_Supreme_
07-08-2010, 03:12 PM
It has everything to do with LeBron. Why else do you think CP3's name has been mentioned so much this summer, when hes still under contract for as many as 3 years with New Orleans.

Why else do you think this news comes out after Chris Paul spent this week in Akron with LeBron at the LeBron James skills camp.

*puts on tinfoil hat* Its a ****ing conspiracy I tell ya.

Because Chris Paul just signed with the Lebron-affiliated marketing company.

What better opportunity to announce it? They are expecting a gazillion viewers probably. To show CP3 will make them $$$.

Chapin78
07-08-2010, 03:17 PM
I doubt it.

It probably means Paul has hired a management team who are capable of pushing the Hornets' hand into dealing him to join up with an Olympic butt buddy.

The signs have been on the wall for awhile. Why else would "rumors" get out saying any team that signs LeBron needs to acquire Chris Paul.

1 day Chris Paul is getting LeBron on twitter, and the next day they have the same agent, and soon they will have the same team.

I meant it more to be facetious. It would be the biggest suprise in the history of NBA free agency if Paul convinced Lebron to go to New Orleans. Im not sure if I totally agree with you here because CP3 was rumored with pretty much every team that are players this year in FA. If CP3 signs with a team first I don't think that it would lock in Lebron to play there also. That's just my speculation.

IAmKira
07-08-2010, 03:18 PM
Thats interesting news.

deron william, jkidd, boozer and dwight also not in the love party.

R_O_W_E
07-08-2010, 03:21 PM
deron william, jkidd, boozer and dwight also not in the love party.

Boozer was. He talked about Free Agency with the Diva League.

You know damn well Dwight is in this love party. Hes close friends with all of those guys, hes just happy in Orlando.

Da Knicks
07-08-2010, 03:21 PM

It makes you appreciate Kobe? lmao the team that has always done what these players are doing? You do realize that the Lakers are the team that ends up getting all the stars dont you? You made my day now I should worship Jeter because he stayed on the team that put all the stars around him. lol Kobe asked to be traded at one point and Gasol and Artest went there for free. Odom should be a star on some team but the lakers were able to get them together by manipulation.:facepalm:

R_O_W_E
07-08-2010, 03:22 PM
It makes you appreciate Kobe? lmao the team that has always done what these players are doing? You do realize that the Lakers are the team that ends up getting all the stars dont you? You made my day now I should worship Jeter because he stayed on the team that put all the stars around him. lol Kobe asked to be traded at one point and Gasol and Artest went there for free. Odom should be a star on some team but the lakers were able to get them together by manipulation.:facepalm:

At first I was like :laugh2:

Then I :facepalm:'d

DaoudS
07-08-2010, 03:23 PM
This is all one big conspiracy that is making sense to me. God damn monopolization of the NBA! Stern better do something.

Da Knicks
07-08-2010, 03:28 PM
[QUOTE=R_O_W_E;14016470]At first I was like :laugh2:

Laugh all you want you know its true...:D

R_O_W_E
07-08-2010, 03:28 PM
This is all one big conspiracy that is making sense to me. God damn monopolization of the NBA! Stern better do something.

This.

How can Stern try to "create" rivalries to market when the guys involved are close buddies? Magic & Bird weren't close buddies, but they had an extremely high respect for each other and they still do even now.

I want to see guys battling each other. Leading their individual teams to the Playoffs and giving it all they have. I dont want to see 1 super team battle another super team.

R_O_W_E
07-08-2010, 03:30 PM
[QUOTE=R_O_W_E;14016470]At first I was like :laugh2:

Laugh all you want you know its true...:D

No its not.

Do you know why LA attracts top players? Because the Lakers have proven throughout history they are one of the most well run sports teams in a major US market. Lakers & Yankees are 1-2 in whatever order you want to put them in. This is how both teams attract top players.

Tennessee Mav
07-08-2010, 03:33 PM
Maybe CP3 forces a trade and tells the Hornets to trade him because he will not sign back with them anyway. Maybe do a trade like this:

Cavs Receive:
CP3
Emeka Okafor

Hornets Receive:
Jamario Moon ($3 million expiring contract)
Delonte West ($4.5 million expiring contract)
Sebastin Telfair (2.7 expiring contract)
Mo Williams (Player Option after this year)
J.J. Hickson (A good young player with potential)

They get rid of Emeka's ridiculous contract and CP3's contract and they get back a good young player in Hickson and over $10 million in expiring contracts, maybe $20 million if Mo Williams opts out of his contract. Put that along with Peja's $13+ million expiring contract after this year, and you have over $30 million in cap space for next summer. You think this might sway the Hornets if CP3 forces a trade?

jetsforever
07-08-2010, 03:37 PM
Well with that other thread.... The heat?

*Silver&Black*
07-08-2010, 04:32 PM
Joe wasn't on the 2008 Olympic team either though.

Oh crap. I don't remember which year JJ was on the team, but he was on it one year.

*Silver&Black*
07-08-2010, 04:33 PM
orlandos my favorite team but

just because of this whole FA summer thing whatever

i really hope JJ and the hawks stick it to whatever team lebron goes to

it would have some irony....i think

Thanks dude. I hope Magic and Hawks keep this "super team" in our Southeast division away from any title. Would our division be the best in the NBA now? 4 teams (Magic, Hawks, Bobcats and Heat) can make the playoffs (all did last year) and the Wiz has a nice John Wall/Arenas backcourt.

Players in the division that can make a 12 man team:

Lebron
Wade
Chris Bosh
Joe Johnson
Dwight Howard
Josh Smith
Vince Carter
John Wall
Gilbert Arenas
Al Horford
Stephen Jackson
Gerald Wallace

ldc62
07-08-2010, 05:06 PM
I still think this is Lebron's best option. Go back to the Cav's. Paul loves Byron Scott. Sign a 5 year deal with the Cav's, and campaign for them to get Paul when he becomes available. Would instantly become a championship favorite with Varajeo and Big Z.

:eyebrow:

ldc62
07-08-2010, 05:07 PM
Maybe CP3 forces a trade and tells the Hornets to trade him because he will not sign back with them anyway. Maybe do a trade like this:

Cavs Receive:
CP3
Emeka Okafor

Hornets Receive:
Jamario Moon ($3 million expiring contract)
Delonte West ($4.5 million expiring contract)
Sebastin Telfair (2.7 expiring contract)
Mo Williams (Player Option after this year)
J.J. Hickson (A good young player with potential)

They get rid of Emeka's ridiculous contract and CP3's contract and they get back a good young player in Hickson and over $10 million in expiring contracts, maybe $20 million if Mo Williams opts out of his contract. Put that along with Peja's $13+ million expiring contract after this year, and you have over $30 million in cap space for next summer. You think this might sway the Hornets if CP3 forces a trade?

Aren't people disgusted by players having more control over GMs. Also this is never gonna happen.