PDA

View Full Version : Report: 4 Team Trade In The Works With Bosh To Miami

magikmc
07-08-2010, 01:51 PM
http://proxy.espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/17823/can-miami-pull-off-beasley-trade

By Chad Ford and Marc Stein

The surest way to know that LeBron James-to-Miami is a done deal before LeBron’s official announcement?

If the Heat trade away Michael Beasley to create even more salary-cap space before the show starts.

As of noon ET Thursday, Miami did not have a trade taker for Beasley, after numerous sources said that the Heat -- as they’ve been doing for weeks -- continued to shop 2008’s No. 2 overall pick with vigor for much of Wednesday.

Yet sources say that a four-team trade scenario between the Heat, Raptors, Bobcats and Rockets hatched on the eve of LeBron’s hour-long “Decision” special on ESPN would enable Toronto to bring back an asset or two in the wake of Chris Bosh’s departure but also avoid taking back Beasley. Which is believed to be the only sort of sign-and-trade that the Raptors would consider.

The proposed deal, sources said, would send Beasley and Rockets forward Jared Jeffries to Charlotte, land Bobcats center Tyson Chandler in Houston and create sufficient cap space for Heat president Pat Riley to offer max-contract money to Dwyane Wade, Chris Bosh and James.

The Heat and Raptors engaged in discussions for several hours after Bosh and Wade announced that they were committing to Miami in a package about the various sign-and-trade options. Discussions were serious enough Wednesday night, according to two sources, that Heat officials told Beasley to start preparing to relocate.

One source with knowledge of Toronto’s thinking, however, insists that the four-team trade -- which would require Houston to send at least $3.1 million in salary to the Raptors -- is "not happening." Toronto continues to convey the message that it is a reluctant partner in any deal that makes Bosh’s departure more lucrative.

If the Raptors ultimately consent to a sign-and-trade, Bosh would be able to sign a six-year max deal with the Heat worth nearly $130 million and LeBron and D-Wade would score max deals, too. Toronto, meanwhile, would come away with a very big trade exception and presumably at least one first-round pick … possibly its 2011 first-rounder that was previously dealt to Miami.

But Miami’s lack of options -- with only Beasley and Mario Chalmers officially on the roster on Decision Day -- and concerns about Beasley’s off-the-court issues are undeniable stumbling blocks when it comes to any deal.

Such is Miami’s fortune these days, though, that it can offer near-maxes to the three Team USA buddies even without finding a new home for Beasley. The Heat found that out Wednesday night, along with the rest of a grumbling league, when the NBA announced that the salary cap next season will be nearly $2 million higher than anticipated: $58 million as opposed to $56.1 million.

The latest estimates say that James, Wade and Bosh could all sign deals with a first-year salary just under $1 million less than the max if the Heat make no more moves before James’ makes his intentions official. Miami would have to fill out the rest of its roster with minimum-salary players, but the trio’s financial sacrifice would have been more unrealistic if the cap figure didn’t rise. Factor in the lack of state income tax in Florida and the sacrifice shrinks further.

Jays Claw
07-08-2010, 01:53 PM
The Raptors should at least try to get a trade exeption and draft picks.

R_O_W_E
07-08-2010, 01:54 PM
http://proxy.espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/17823/can-miami-pull-off-beasley-trade

Yet sources say that a four-team trade scenario between the Heat, Raptors, Bobcats and Rockets hatched on the eve of LeBron’s hour-long “Decision” special on ESPN would enable Toronto to bring back an asset or two in the wake of Chris Bosh’s departure but also avoid taking back Beasley. Which is believed to be the only sort of sign-and-trade that the Raptors would consider.

The proposed deal, sources said, would send Beasley and Rockets forward Jared Jeffries to Charlotte, land Bobcats center Tyson Chandler in Houston and create sufficient cap space for Heat president Pat Riley to offer max-contract money to Dwyane Wade, Chris Bosh and James.

The Heat and Raptors engaged in discussions for several hours after Bosh and Wade announced that they were committing to Miami in a package about the various sign-and-trade options. Discussions were serious enough Wednesday night, according to two sources, that Heat officials told Beasley to start preparing to relocate.

Stunner
07-08-2010, 01:54 PM
tHE RICH GET RICHER SMH

DRE'-MAC
07-08-2010, 01:55 PM
The surest way to know that LeBron James-to-Miami is a done deal before LeBron’s official announcement?

If Miami trades away Michael Beasley to create even more salary-cap space before the show starts.

As of noon Thursday, Miami did not have a trade taker for Beasley, after numerous sources said that the Heat – as they’ve been doing for weeks – continued to shop 2008’s No. 2 overall pick with vigor for much of Wednesday.

Yet sources say that a four-team trade scenario was hatched on the eve of LeBron’s hour-long “Decision” special on ESPN that includes Charlotte and Houston and would enable the Raptors to bring them back an asset or two in the wake of Chris Bosh’s departure but also avoid taking back Beasley. Which is believed to be the only sort of sign-and-trade that Toronto would consider.

The proposed deal, sources said, would send Beasley and Rockets forward Jared Jeffries to Charlotte, land Bobcats center Tyson Chandler in Houston and create sufficient cap space for Heat president Pat Riley to offer max-contract money to Wade, Bosh and James.

The Heat and Raptors engaged in discussions for several hours after Bosh and Dwyane Wade announced that they committing to Miami in a package about the various sign-and-trade options. Discussions were serious enough Wednesday night, according to two sources, that Heat officials told Beasley to start preparing to relocate.

One source with knowledge of Toronto’s thinking, however, insists that the four-team trade – which would require Houston to send at least $3.1 million in salary to the Raptors -- is “not happening.” Toronto continues to convey the message that it is a reluctant partner in any deal that makes Bosh’s departure more lucrative.

If the Raptors ultimately consent to a sign-and-trade, Bosh would be able to sign a six-year max deal with the Heat worth nearly $130 million and LeBron and D-Wade would score max deals, too. Toronto, meanwhile, would come away with a very big trade exception and presumably at least one first-round pick … possibly its 2011 first-rounder that was previously dealt to Miami.

But Miami’s lack of options -- with only Beasley and Mario Chalmers officially on the roster on Decision Day – and concerns about Beasley’s off-the-court issues are undeniable stumbling blocks when it comes to any deal.

Such is Miami’s fortune these days, though, that it can offer near-maxes to the three Team USA buddies even without finding a new home for Beasley. The Heat found that out Wednesday night, along with the rest of a grumbling league, when the NBA announced that the salary cap next season will be nearly $2 million higher than anticipated: $58 million as opposed to $56.1 million.

The latest estimates say that James, Wade and Bosh could all sign deals with a first-year salary just under $1 million less than the max if the Heat make no more moves before James’ makes his intentions official. Miami would have to fill out the rest of its roster with minimum-salary players, but the trio’s financial sacrifice would have been more unrealistic if the cap figure didn’t rise. Factor in the lack of state income tax in Florida and the sacrifice shrinks further.

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/po...f-beasley-trade

Houston Trades: Jared Jeffries
Houston Receives: Tyson Chandler

Charlotte Trades: Tyson Chandler
Charlotte Receives: Jared Jeffries and Michael Beasley

Miami Trades: Michael Beasley, Draft Picks
Miami Receives: Chris Bosh

Toronto Trades: Chris Bosh
Toronto Receives: Draft Picks, TE

magikmc
07-08-2010, 01:56 PM
http://twitter.com/STEIN_LINE_HQ

Deal conceived Wednesday would also land Tyson Chandler in HOU, but one source to close process insists Raptors don't want to do this trade

Jays Claw
07-08-2010, 01:58 PM
Bryan Colangelo (Raptors' president & general manager) is basically paving the way for a Miami Heat dynasty. :facepalm:

gbrl
07-08-2010, 01:58 PM
raptors just gonna let bosh walk

blastmasta26
07-08-2010, 01:59 PM
:pray: really hope this doesn't happen.

Kakaroach
07-08-2010, 02:00 PM
Wow seems like an interesting 4-team trade, Larry Brown could work well with Beasley.

ldc62
07-08-2010, 02:00 PM
Just do the trade BC. That Trade exception and lottery pick could really help us; though you would also create a dynasty for Miami.

Also like the Rockets move to get Tyson as a backup.

YankeeFan28
07-08-2010, 02:01 PM
here we go

DRE'-MAC
07-08-2010, 02:02 PM
As a Rockets fan, I pray this gets done. Basically trading Jared Jeffries (an end of the bench player) for Tyson Chandler (a good back up center)

Stunner
07-08-2010, 02:03 PM
This is some ********!

IversonIsKrazy
07-08-2010, 02:04 PM
I hope BC doesn't do this so he doesn't help Miami become a dynasty.

DRE'-MAC
07-08-2010, 02:06 PM
Does Beasley need to be traded in order for Lebron to be signed?

bigsams50
07-08-2010, 02:06 PM
Beasley to Charlotte? I can deal with that

Kakaroach
07-08-2010, 02:08 PM
As a Rockets fan, I pray this gets done. Basically trading Jared Jeffries (an end of the bench player) for Tyson Chandler (a good back up center) Morey is a genius with what he has done this past year. Chandler will give them a very serviceable center while Yao continues to recover for Jared Jeffries.

homestarunner93
07-08-2010, 02:08 PM
As a Rockets fan, I pray this gets done. Basically trading Jared Jeffries (an end of the bench player) for Tyson Chandler (a good back up center)

What do you think Chandler is? He was the third best center for the Bobcats last year. This trade is a rape for the Cats, I would do Beasley for Chandler straight up without a doubt. Jeffries is just a bonus.

boolish
07-08-2010, 02:09 PM
Michael helping DWade? now why would he do that?

_Supreme_
07-08-2010, 02:10 PM
Does Beasley need to be traded in order for Lebron to be signed?

Not necessarily.

Wade/Bron/bBsh would have to take a slightly-under $1M paycut to make it happen while keeping Beasley.

Really, the amounts of money that are involved here are so small that it will not stop the trio from happening if they want it.

DRE'-MAC
What do you think Chandler is? He was the third best center for the Bobcats last year. This trade is a rape for the Cats, I would do Beasley for Chandler straight up without a doubt. Jeffries is just a bonus.

I think the Cats definitely win this trade getting Beasley but its still a good trade for Houston because they need a 7footer back up for Yao and Chandler is above average when healthy and they give up Jeffries who would not get playing time with Houston.

Ethix11
I thought that the Heat could keep Michael Beasley for over a year now. Then just before LeBron makes his announcement, the salary cap goes even higher? The ultimate pitch to any of these superstars in my opinion has always been the possibility of playing with each other and that meant Wade, James, Beasley, & Bosh. The Big 4. I think that its a no brainer when you consider No State Income Tax because there is hardly any sacrifice to keep a future all star in Beasley on the cusp of his third season which should be his break out year.

Kakaroach
What do you think Chandler is? He was the third best center for the Bobcats last year. This trade is a rape for the Cats, I would do Beasley for Chandler straight up without a doubt. Jeffries is just a bonus. The Bobcats are getting a very nice return as well. Beasley for Chandler, like I said earlier Larry Brown could work with Beasley.

Rockets and Bobcats taking advantage of the Bosh signing.

handbanana55
07-08-2010, 02:24 PM
The Bobcats are getting a very nice return as well. Beasley for Chandler, like I said earlier Larry Brown could work with Beasley.

Rockets and Bobcats taking advantage of the Bosh signing.

Thats about all they can do:clap:

spreadeagle
07-08-2010, 02:26 PM
wtf Raps should just take Besley n Chalmers then, P.S 270 viewing this thread lol

oak2455
07-08-2010, 02:28 PM
So the Raptors are going to help the Heat out who were all along doing **** behind the sences:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: Not happening...............

REALLYYYYY?
07-08-2010, 02:29 PM
lol

Master Mind
07-08-2010, 02:30 PM
wtf Raps should just take Besley n Chalmers then, P.S 270 viewing this thread lol

278 now lol

DRE'-MAC
07-08-2010, 02:34 PM
Can confirm @STEIN_LINE_HQ report. 4_tm. Trade in was. Rox, Heat in. Raptors wavering. Could be posturing. Chandler to Hou. #hounews

Uh make that trade in works. Teams not confident will pull it off. #hounews

http://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen

DRE'-MAC
07-08-2010, 02:36 PM
Hearing Miami is close to completing a three-team deal to move Michael Beasley and get a trade exception back to open up more cap space.

http://twitter.com/alanhahn

Sly Guy
07-08-2010, 02:44 PM
the heat are gonna have a dynasty with those 3 anyway. Who cares if it adds one more year and one less contract to an already stripped down heat roster?

SANDBURG23
07-08-2010, 02:46 PM
I don't get Toronto's problem, If they wanted fair value for Bosh they shoukd have traded him before he became a FA. They dont have to take even contratcs back because Miami under the cap. Beasley, take your first rd pick back from Miami, Miami first round next and a 2nd rd. Then they can start the rebuilding with some additional draft picks.

loufor2
07-08-2010, 02:58 PM
So much for paycuts?

king4day
07-08-2010, 02:59 PM
It sounds more like Toronto is doing this as they feel the trade exception will be their best way to go about dealing players to Toronto.
Much like Charlotte. If they do this and get Beasley, and it works out, they might have a stud playing for them who they likely wouldn't have been able to sign otherwise.

This is a great deal for Charlotte. They get two expirings who they can play around with. Maybe they get a franchise player out of it.

nuggetsyankees
07-08-2010, 03:02 PM
as long as the Heat have 1 of the 3 on the court at all times, their supporting cast won't have to be top-notch

KobeOwnSU
07-08-2010, 03:06 PM
Dynasty's are not built with three players people. I guarantee in less then two years at least one if not all three will want out. Ego's are just too big in todays sports.

wileyisTOFU
07-08-2010, 03:07 PM

hells yes

TEXASTITAN
07-08-2010, 03:29 PM
Highlight the part where it says toronto wants 3.1 million from houston and it's not happening. This deal is FAR from a done deal.

Lo Porto
07-08-2010, 03:36 PM
Utah has a trade exception they could use to take Beasley. He would be a cheap PF alternative after losing Boozer. Miami could dump Beasley and not have to take back any contract in the process. I bet Miami would even throw in a draft pick in order for a trade to be this easy for them to pay the big 3 max dollars.

jetsforever
07-08-2010, 03:43 PM
Just do the trade BC. That Trade exception and lottery pick could really help us; though you would also create a dynasty for Miami.

Also like the Rockets move to get Tyson as a backup.

Agreed. Get something in return for him....

jaysfan46
07-08-2010, 03:44 PM
I really just hope the Raptors get something for Bosh. It seems foolish to refuse to give him a max deal when it means actually getting something back.

slyone_nyc
07-08-2010, 03:44 PM
wat i dont understand is WHY WOULD ANY TEAMS BE TRYING TO HELP THE HEAT LAND JAMES??? ARE THESE PEOPLE ********... THIS IS YOUR COMPETITION, HELLO...

heattiltheend94
07-08-2010, 03:45 PM
Win-win-win-win
Charlotte gets Beasley
Houston gets a good center that can play back up to Ming
Miami has opportunity to land LeBron
Toronto will probably receive trade exception, cash, their own draft pick (owned by Miami), and Miami's draft pick from next year

Merc20Jets
07-08-2010, 03:47 PM
wat i dont understand is WHY WOULD ANY TEAMS BE TRYING TO HELP THE HEAT LAND JAMES??? ARE THESE PEOPLE ********... THIS IS YOUR COMPETITION, HELLO...

QFT

These teams should be giving the heat the big middle finger.

jetsforever
07-08-2010, 03:49 PM

Bosh is going there regardless. It's just a matter of whether the Raps sign him so they can bring something in return. They might as well. They are losing there best player with nothing in return. If this helps Miami, at least the Raps help themselves as well.

R_O_W_E
07-08-2010, 03:55 PM
Four-way trade talk CONT' ... Beasley told WED by Heat to expect trade and Bobcats highly motivated to get him. Link: http://tl.gd/2cr4il

http://twitter.com/stein_line_HQ

Beasley is getting dealt.

blah-blah
07-08-2010, 03:56 PM
wtf.. i dont get why BC doesnt want beas and chalmers there decent young players

Gup
07-08-2010, 04:06 PM
BS wants soft guys with no heart... Turk ala Bargs

Why would you want a beast in Beasley? who will be a stud

Gup
07-08-2010, 04:06 PM
BC wants soft guys with no heart... Turk ala Bargs

Why would you want a beast in Beasley? who will be a stud

Young2Kinsler
07-08-2010, 04:10 PM
Anyone helping the Heat out are teams who have no real shot anyways. They don't care they are helping a team change the way the NBA works for years to come.

Young2Kinsler
07-08-2010, 04:13 PM
I pray LeBron winds up going somewhere besides Miami... but if he does go they won't win anyways.

Big Time Titan
07-08-2010, 04:24 PM
This reported deal would be stupid. Toronto shouldn't do Bosh or Miami any favors. I'd like to see Houston dump Jefferies and get Chandler but we're already very low on cap space so it wouldn't make sense to trade cash away.

kidfury
07-08-2010, 04:30 PM
I'm not overly excited with what the raptors could get back with a S&T for Bosh... does someone have a scenario where it looks like we get some value back? Or is getting back our OWN now potential lottery draft pick (which Riley raped from us in the first place) from Miami the only positive?

Sly Guy
07-08-2010, 04:36 PM
Anyone helping the Heat out are teams who have no real shot anyways. They don't care they are helping a team change the way the NBA works for years to come.

this.

And this free agency will destroy the NBA.