PDA

View Full Version : Lakers interested in Turkoglu?

spreadeagle
07-08-2010, 01:02 PM
AM710 ESPN's Colin Cowherd mentioned that the Lakers may be discussing a deal that brings Hedo Turkoglu to the Lakers

I guess Lakers are preparing for a Miami superteam...I wonder what the deal could be?

Geargo Wallace
07-08-2010, 01:04 PM
get turkydoodoo outta toronto

Jays Claw
07-08-2010, 01:05 PM
I'd rather just keep Hedo Turkoglu instead of trading him for garbage. The Raptors aren't interested in a package of Sasha Vujacic and Luke Walton.

celtsballa21
07-08-2010, 01:08 PM
The Lakers have nothing to give them. They could give up Bynum, ya great idea haha.

magikmc
07-08-2010, 01:09 PM
only player i see of interest is bynum

pebloemer
07-08-2010, 01:14 PM
Ebanks and expirings?

heattiltheend94
07-08-2010, 01:16 PM
Toronto did want to give up Turkoglu, but I don't know since Bosh left them

HouRealCoach
They need to sign T-Mac, Brad Miller, and Will Bynum

xbrackattackx
only player i see of interest is bynum

It will not be Bynum. Lakers would be helping the Raptors....

Its for cap relief for them. To have room to build Turk is a 9 million 4 years and Sasha Expires this year at 5.4 and luke is at four mill and expires sooner then turk. They could also buy them both out and only have their cap on for one season that way next season they completely clear the mess of Turks contract.

Brown S&T he wants to be a major part on a young roster.
Sasha
Luke

is a better possibility.

Lakersho
07-08-2010, 01:19 PM
...turk wasn't used right in toronto, but i dont think we need him, and dont know what they'ed want , anything but second unit , FORGETABOUTIT..... ISNT WORTH A STARTER...

Teeboy1487
07-08-2010, 01:20 PM
I don't know if I want the lakers to take on that contract especially if he has to come off the bench. I would rather Tmac or Barnes.

xbrackattackx
07-08-2010, 01:22 PM
...turk wasn't used right in toronto, but i dont think we need him, and dont know what they'ed want , anything but second unit , FORGETABOUTIT..... ISNT WORTH A STARTER...

Turk can play 4 positions and including PG which is our weakest link. He's a big guy who would run the triangle amazingly. He would play hard to cause he would be going to a winner and competing for a ring.

bignate14
07-08-2010, 01:22 PM
lets do it lakers!
i cant stand sasha or puke walton
although i dont know how hedo will work in the rotation... he sorta like a turkish odom.

SA5195
07-08-2010, 01:23 PM
If Walton, Sasha, and Powell are involved, i'm gonna :puke:

xbrackattackx
07-08-2010, 01:27 PM
If Walton, Sasha, and Powell are involved, i'm gonna :puke:

You guys will save a lot of money with them. You guys need money to rebuild with. Even though Luke would be a great player to have around your young players to give them good work ethnics. I don't see Toronto keeping them. Trade chips or Buy outs.

gwrighter
07-08-2010, 01:33 PM
You guys will save a lot of money with them. You guys need money to rebuild with. Even though Luke would be a great player to have around your young players to give them good work ethnics. I don't see Toronto keeping them. Trade chips or Buy outs.

i'm pretty sure the raps are not too concerned with saving money. how come teams/reporters/fans always think that toronto is going to trade away their best players for garbage?

xbrackattackx
07-08-2010, 01:39 PM
i'm pretty sure the raps are not too concerned with saving money. how come teams/reporters/fans always think that toronto is going to trade away their best players for garbage?

Ohh sorry forgot how awesome Turk was last season for you guys and how he was requesting for a trade, Then saying he didn't so that he might be in good graces to get a trade he wanted all along.

Hellcrooner
07-08-2010, 01:42 PM
sig n and trade for mrrison""""""""""""22

ksksksjajajajajaj

spreadeagle
07-08-2010, 01:43 PM
Ohh sorry forgot how awesome Turk was last season for you guys and how he was requesting for a trade, Then saying he didn't so that he might be in good graces to get a trade he wanted all along.

meh,Hes a better player then he played last year and on a winning team I could see him playing way better,which sucks cause your getting paid 10 mil a year you should play hard anyway...I say Turk for Farmar,Morrison,Sasha and a pick

PLAYERS FAN
07-08-2010, 01:45 PM
Luke must go! He is so overrated!

It's a shame that the Lakers are willing to give this scrub almost 5 million a year and not Fisher.

xbrackattackx
07-08-2010, 01:46 PM
meh,Hes a better player then he played last year and on a winning team I could see him playing way better,which sucks cause your getting paid 10 mil a year you should play hard anyway...I say Turk for Farmar,Morrison,Sasha and a pick

Yea I would do that, But I lost all my respect for him after the way he did the Raps. You do not play just cause you aren't Ideal situation. I hope Bargs breaks out this season since Bosh and Turk screwed you guys.

TO to the CHI
07-08-2010, 01:48 PM

The Raps have money to spend and don't need cap space in the near-term as they are rebuilding. I expect Turk will rebound (you obviously do too, or you wouldn't want him for anything). Why not play some games if there is not a legit offer.

Btw, it generally is a sign that your proposed deal is lopsided when you have to keep trying to convince fans of the other team to take it. Don't get me wrong, I realize Bynum isn't coming in return, but getting a draft pick and perhaps Brown would seem more realistic to me.

lakers4sho
07-08-2010, 01:49 PM

It's a shame that the Lakers are willing to give this scrub almost 5 million a year and not Fisher.

*were* willing...

key word: were

spreadeagle
07-08-2010, 01:50 PM
Yea I would do that, But I lost all my respect for him after the way he did the Raps. You do not play just cause you aren't Ideal situation. I hope Bargs breaks out this season since Bosh and Turk screwed you guys.

A lil Raptor love ..I like it lol god knows we need it today..Bargs and rookie Ed Davis could be a decent front court

TO to the CHI
07-08-2010, 01:50 PM

Thank you for the support.

x_notorious
07-08-2010, 01:51 PM
Probably for cap relief if a trade goes down..

Turky glue would be a perfect fit in the triangle BTW. Good passer, shooter..His contract is horrendous though and it'll be interesting to see how the Lakers would work around that. Him coming off the bench with LO and Blake would be :drool:

gwrighter
07-08-2010, 01:52 PM

if he says he doesnt want a trade doesnt that mean he doesnt want to be traded?

The skill set that he brings to the table is highly coveted around the league. which is why the lakers want him! I'm sure somebody can offer us a better deal then 3 guys we wouldn't even play. it's just a ludicrous offer. thats all.

PLAYERS FAN
07-08-2010, 01:54 PM
*were* willing...

key word: were

My fault:laugh2:

xbrackattackx
07-08-2010, 01:57 PM
A lil Raptor love ..I like it lol god knows we need it today..Bargs and rookie Ed Davis could be a decent front court

Thank you for the support.

I like the Raptors, I love Damon Stoudamire back in the day and T-Mac and Vince. I liked Bosh but I like players that stay loyal to the team they started with. But Bargs,Davis,Amir and Derozee are you guys very bright spots. Loads of potential there.

Toronto_Fan
07-08-2010, 01:58 PM
how come teams/reporters/fans always think that toronto is going to trade away their best players for garbage?

It's called Vince Carter for Eric and Aaron Williams! LMAO

Statik1
07-08-2010, 01:58 PM

Please tell me you remember how he earned that contract...

Yes it sucks that the Lakers are stuck with his contract but in his contract year he played great. He was everything Jackson wanted smart 3 guard that could the run the offense and shoot the 3. Now not so much injury riddled last 3 years.

gwrighter
07-08-2010, 02:00 PM
It's called Vince Carter for Eric and Aaron Williams! LMAO

aha clearly. you know what im saying though.

R_O_W_E
07-08-2010, 02:01 PM
1. Toronto should be trying to acquire Luke Walton. He likely is going to end up having back surgery. That very well could turn this into a Darius Miles situation. Toronto can get a doctor to see if this type of surgery is "career ending". If true, Walton's contract will be paid through insurance.

2. This might be the only chance to move Hedo.

gwrighter
07-08-2010, 02:03 PM
1. Toronto should be trying to acquire Luke Walton. He likely is going to end up having back surgery. That very well could turn this into a Darius Miles situation. Toronto can get a doctor to see if this type of surgery is "career ending". If true, Walton's contract will be paid through insurance.

bryan colangelo has expressed his willingness to make amends with hedo and incorporate him into the new strategy.

da wood
07-08-2010, 02:03 PM
See the thing with turk sure he has a set of skills the is great but hes not that guy the the raps were trying to make him into. he realized that too when he left the magic and he wanted out.

R_O_W_E
07-08-2010, 02:04 PM
bryan colangelo has expressed his willingness to make amends with hedo and incorporate him into the new strategy.

Do you trust Bryan Colangelo?

iggypop123
07-08-2010, 02:08 PM
colin cowherd? that ***** on espn? he is no damn insider. just some football radio guy

USMCLaker
07-08-2010, 02:10 PM

Sounds like someone who knows what he is talking about.

S-Dot
07-08-2010, 02:11 PM
I really can't see the Lakers getting Hedo without giving up an important player in their rotation.

mikantsass
07-08-2010, 02:12 PM
Turk to LA doesnt make sense to me.... I dont think he fits well with their team

JOSKOMANG4
07-08-2010, 02:14 PM
Bynum for Turk & Calderon/Jack?

ldc62
07-08-2010, 02:15 PM
Clearly BC is trying to get a young core, give us Brown and expirings..

R_O_W_E
07-08-2010, 02:16 PM
Turk to LA doesnt make sense to me.... I dont think he fits well with their team

Yes he does.

As pointed out earlier. Hedo is capable of playing 4 positions, his contract/salary become less of an issue on a team capable of winning a Championship. Turk's versatility is ideal for a Triangle Offense. He basically is a much better version of Luke Walton, when LA paid Walton a bunch of money. It allows LA to rotate Artest in and out of the lineup on the floor. Hedo's a better passer, ballhandler, and a better shooter IMO. Artest plays better defense.

You can put Hedo at PG in the Triangle.

Imagine the size of a lineup for maybe 5-8 minutes each game:

PG-Hedo
SG-Bryant
SF-Artest
PF-Gasol
C-Bynum

Incredible.

gwrighter
07-08-2010, 02:16 PM

yes

ldc62
07-08-2010, 02:17 PM

WHy not.... our past GMs did a terrible job. BC is probably the only GM in the history of the Raptors that I would trust.

Bob_at_york
07-08-2010, 02:19 PM
i love how all the raptors fans say they want Hedo out of town but when they are offered Sasha and Walton they suddenly start defending Hedo and his trade value.

Russell_Roberts
07-08-2010, 02:20 PM
they need to just get rid of the raptor team itself and make another team in the us. maybe in birmingham. THE BIRMINGHAM RAPTORS

Bob_at_york
07-08-2010, 02:23 PM
they need to just get rid of the raptor team itself and make another team in the us. maybe in birmingham. THE BIRMINGHAM RAPTORS
Please let's leave the ignorance for another thread.

kobebabe
07-08-2010, 02:23 PM
Yes he does.

As pointed out earlier. Hedo is capable of playing 4 positions, his contract/salary become less of an issue on a team capable of winning a Championship. Turk's versatility is ideal for a Triangle Offense. He basically is a much better version of Luke Walton, when LA paid Walton a bunch of money. It allows LA to rotate Artest in and out of the lineup on the floor. Hedo's a better passer, ballhandler, and a better shooter IMO. Artest plays better defense.

PG-Hedo
SG-Bryant
SF-Artest
PF-Gasol
C-Bynum

Incredible.

:nod:

kobebabe
07-08-2010, 02:25 PM

I am from Birmingham and would be for it:clap:

PLAYERS FAN
07-08-2010, 02:27 PM
Please tell me you remember how he earned that contract...

Yes it sucks that the Lakers are stuck with his contract but in his contract year he played great. He was everything Jackson wanted smart 3 guard that could the run the offense and shoot the 3. Now not so much injury riddled last 3 years.

I'm just saying that Fisher contributions to this team is by far greater than Luke did before his contract! I like the Lakers chances winning a title without Luke than Fisher easily.

I think Sasha did for us in 08 was better than Luke did in his contract year.

thescore53
07-08-2010, 02:29 PM
how about calderon instead

xbrackattackx
07-08-2010, 02:30 PM
BRING BACK the VANCOUVER TEAM we need two canada teams!!!

thescore53
07-08-2010, 02:31 PM

i wonder why the nba should do that ?? dont they like money, afterall we are one of the highest revenue teams. :facepalm:

Sly Guy
07-08-2010, 02:34 PM
how bout calderon instead? since you guys already have odum and artest in the 3 spot, why add turk? Fish is the one in need of the upgrade

KeithLBC
07-08-2010, 02:38 PM
how bout calderon instead? since you guys already have odum and artest in the 3 spot, why add turk? Fish is the one in need of the upgrade

We've already signed Steve Blake, so there's no need for Calderon.

illegallover
07-08-2010, 02:40 PM
Toronto is far better than any american city from proven empirical facts

LA_Raiders
07-08-2010, 02:43 PM
He can be great from the bench.

Luke and Shanon B + Draft Picks (EBanks)

R_O_W_E
07-08-2010, 02:44 PM
i wonder why the nba should do that ?? dont they like money, afterall we are one of the highest revenue teams. :facepalm:

:laugh2: @The Birmingham Raptors.

NBA basketball would fail big time in Alabama, let alone anywhere in the south. The only non-NBA market below the Mason-Dixon Line where basketball would be highly profitable is Baltimore. Baltimore is a city obsessed with basketball.

I still dont understand why people continue to criticize Toronto. Toronto is a major media market, its basically the NYC of Canada. In terms of the rest of Canada, well its not much else to be said.:D

R_O_W_E
07-08-2010, 02:44 PM

False.

Toronto is a major city but dont get ahead of yourself.

xbrackattackx
07-08-2010, 02:45 PM

NBA basketball would fail big time in Alabama, let alone anywhere in the south. The only non-NBA market below the Mason-Dixon Line where basketball would be highly profitable is Baltimore. Baltimore is a city obsessed with basketball.

I still dont understand why people continue to criticize Toronto. Toronto is a major media market, its basically the NYC of Canada. In terms of the rest of Canada, well its not much else to be said.:D

I think SC or Virgina Might could pull a team off. They are lots of basketball fans in those areas.

thescore53
07-08-2010, 02:47 PM

please dont turn this into a canada vs america thread

thescore53
07-08-2010, 02:48 PM

sadly i agree :facepalm:

L@ker4Life
07-08-2010, 02:50 PM
I'd rather just keep Hedo Turkoglu instead of trading him for garbage. The Raptors aren't interested in a package of Sasha Vujacic and Luke Walton.

You must be working in their FO to be so confident of that. I love how people on here talk as if they know exactly what their team is thinking. :facepalm:

Sasha is an expiring and may come in handy towards the trade deadline for your team. Luke....ok I see what you mean with Luke. Unless he is expiring too...Im not too sure if he is or not though.

AI4MVP
07-08-2010, 02:55 PM
lies

mikantsass
07-08-2010, 03:06 PM
Yes he does.

PG-Hedo
SG-Bryant
SF-Artest
PF-Gasol
C-Bynum

Incredible.

I agree that Hedo is better than Artest. I just dont think the Raps are going to trade Hedo for LA's garbage. I would imagine the Lakers would have to give up one of their starters to get this done. Obv it wouldnt be Gasol or Kobe. So that leaves Bynum and Artest and Odom. Do they part ways with one of them?

-Kobe24-TJ19-
07-08-2010, 03:08 PM
stache plus bill's son for turkey

-Kobe24-TJ19-
07-08-2010, 03:10 PM
Clearly BC is trying to get a young core, give us Brown and expirings..

brown sucks we will give you morrison

plpfctn
07-08-2010, 04:17 PM
i don't want hedon't. he's a scrub. waaaaay past his prime.

idrinkpepsi
07-08-2010, 04:23 PM
As long as Hedo's contract is out of Toronto I don't care who we get back.
:p

DABOYZ82
07-08-2010, 04:26 PM
If LBJ signs with Miami!! I hope the Lakers gather up some more talent and destroy the sorry Heat!!!!

showtym24
07-08-2010, 04:32 PM
I dont see this happening. I'd be estatic but dont see it happening.

Sly Guy
07-08-2010, 04:34 PM
We've already signed Steve Blake, so there's no need for Calderon.

oh yes, you are right.

Bruno
07-08-2010, 04:34 PM

If Toronto wasn't concerned about saving money they wouldn't have just let Bosh walk, the would have set up a sign and trade to get some talent in return. Instead, they opt for cap space. The same logic would apply to this Turk. situation.

PrettyBoyJ
07-08-2010, 04:36 PM
I dont see how we would use him.. he's 6'10 but doesnt rebound.. he jack up shots and doesnt play that much D.. why trade for him..

The_905
07-08-2010, 04:41 PM
If Toronto wasn't concerned about saving money they wouldn't have just let Bosh walk, the would have set up a sign and trade to get some talent in return. Instead, they opt for cap space. The same logic would apply to this Turk. situation.

Money isn't and never will be an issue in Toronto period. That statement has no merit as money has nothing to do with Bosh leaving.

mamba24
07-08-2010, 04:42 PM
colin cowherd? that ***** on espn? he is no damn insider. just some football radio guy

ur not smart lol... he talks tons of nba... more nba than nfl... u should listen to him... dude is actually really smart. im a regular listener...

mamba24
07-08-2010, 04:46 PM

:laugh:

juggla53
07-08-2010, 05:04 PM

Funny i didnt know your name was bryan colangelo, you have zero idea of what they are interested in for him, they probabley realize that unless they get the #1 pick in a lebron or dwight type of year they are probabley going to suck for years so why wouldnt they want expiring contracts instead of a mopey hedo who wants out of town?

8kobe24
07-08-2010, 05:14 PM
What this thread still not closed? I thought NBA forum was just for d.wade, LBJ, Bosh threads only?

974life
07-08-2010, 05:19 PM
He would be a nice piece to the Lakers, but would Toronto want scrubs???

championships
07-08-2010, 05:25 PM
no thanks

Black24Momba8
07-08-2010, 05:26 PM
he can play the Toni Kukoc role in the triangle

ElMarroAfamado
07-08-2010, 05:39 PM
it would be the best thing to happen to the Lakers ever if they could get rid of Luke Walton
...he is a waste of a roster space and when he is out on the floor its like 4 on 5....
get Hedo in return?
WOW...

The Raven
07-08-2010, 05:43 PM
meh im indifferent. He'd be a good piece for us i guess but, his contract is a downer. But if we can get rid of Luke, then maybe it'll be worth the move

KeithLBC
07-08-2010, 05:51 PM
ur not smart lol... he talks tons of nba... more nba than nfl... u should listen to him... dude is actually really smart. im a regular listener...

I listened to him for about a year and couldn't put up with his biased views on the NBA or how often he misses with his take on NBA related issues. He should stick to football. Try listening to Dan Patrick, on 570am, he's much better than Colin.

If the Lakers can rid themselves of two people who aren't very productive and gain a versatile player like Hedo, then I'm all for it.

BALLER R
07-08-2010, 05:52 PM
Yes he does.

PG-Hedo
SG-Bryant
SF-Artest
PF-Gasol
C-Bynum

Incredible.

Never thought of that wowwwww..im sure if this happens im confident these guys can take the miami dream team

RapToronto95
07-08-2010, 05:53 PM
doubt the Raps trade him for Sasha/Walton. We are probably only looking for Bynum or possibly Odom?

Some picks would be good too, but 25-30th overall pick in the draft doesn't sound enticing.

RapToronto95
07-08-2010, 05:54 PM
Never thought of that wowwwww..im sure if this happens im confident these guys can take the miami dream team

I think the Lakeshow can still beat the Miami dream team, without Hedo :o

BALLER R
07-08-2010, 05:58 PM
I think the Lakeshow can still beat the Miami dream team, without Hedo :o

I think so too but adding hedo would just seal the deal

-Big-Baby-
07-08-2010, 06:07 PM
Hedo in L.A will be good. But I hope we don't trade him for the garbage in L.A's roster. Shannon Brown would fit in Jay's system. Bring Shannon and I'm happy.

JasonJohnHorn
07-08-2010, 06:14 PM
Omg!!!!! Why didnt we trade bosh during the regular season!!!!!!!!!!!!

robdizzle3
07-08-2010, 06:16 PM
Probably for cap relief if a trade goes down..

Turky glue would be a perfect fit in the triangle BTW. Good passer, shooter..His contract is horrendous though and it'll be interesting to see how the Lakers would work around that. Him coming off the bench with LO and Blake would be :drool:

Im sayin though. Blake, Hedo and LO off the bench, with Gasol on the court is just brilliant like guiness.

last stand
07-08-2010, 06:21 PM
hedo to LA would nullify anything miami does because

bynum/ gasol
gasol/ odom
artest/ hedo
kobe/ shannon
fisher/ blake

means the lakers 2nd unit could make the playoffs by itself. the lakers would only need to give up luke and sasha because toronto wants to clean their hands of hedo and luke is probably retiring which means no effect salary wise and sasha is an expiring meaning they can start rebuilding

in LA hedo can be randy moss by being in the title hunt and turning on his 2009 form.

hopefully it happens

L@ker4Life
07-08-2010, 06:32 PM
Hedo would be a great addition if he was willing to take a bench role. He could be our back up Kobe at the 2 and Ron at the 3 which would allow him to get a lot of mins. And in a pinch they can have him run the point. That would be great depth. Imagine Fisher, lamar, and hedo coming off the bench for us.....WOWWWW!

The biggest part of Hedo's game that everybody overlooks is his D. The guy is a VERY solid man defender. I would piss my pants if they signed him and didnt loose any of the top 7 (blake, fish, KB, Lamar, Pau, Bynum, Artest)

kblo247
07-08-2010, 06:49 PM
Im sayin though. Blake, Hedo and LO off the bench, with Gasol on the court is just brilliant like guiness.

Yeah it would basically be

Starters: Fish, Kobe, Ron, Pau, Drew
Bench: Blake, Kobe/Ron, Hedo, LO, Pau/Drew
Finish: Fish, Kobe, ???, LO, Pau

I'd guess Shannon would be signed and traded in the deal as well with Sasha's expiring and Luke.

koreancabbage
07-08-2010, 06:58 PM
only way Hedo goes to LA is a three way trade. toronto does not want any of that garbage.

Heck, if BC is not willing to get Beasley and Chalmers for Bosh, Lakers have no chance with Hedo in a straight trade.

Heediot
07-08-2010, 07:00 PM
Shannon Brown 4 mil S & T
Vujacic 4-5 mil expiring

for Turk 9mil

I'd do that trade!!

Then somehow find a way to get rid of calderone in the future, and do a total rebuild!

IndiansFan337
07-08-2010, 07:59 PM
They aren't going to take on that long term contract. Where would he play? He'd only get 15 mpg behind Kobe/Artest.