PDA

View Full Version : Kyle Korver to the Nets

Officialjdmusic
07-08-2010, 12:51 PM
The Nets announced Thursday afternoon that they have agreed in principle to a contract with forward Travis Outlaw. The deal is reportedly worth $35 million over five years, fully guaranteed and provides Outlaw a flat $7 million a year.

Meanwhile, "independent sources" tell Fred Kerber that Kyle Korver will sign with the Nets, too. Al Iannazzone adds the Nets could also offer a contract to Tyrus Thomas as early as Thursday afternoon. The Bobcats would have seven days to match any Nets' offer. Outlaw is 25, Korver 29 and Thomas 23.

http://www.netsdaily.com/2010/7/8/1558782/nets-agree-to-deal-with-travis

WHats with all these sf's? We need a backup center or pointguard

Now for sf we got james, outlaw, williams, korver,

tdunk21
07-08-2010, 12:54 PM
http://www.netsdaily.com/2010/7/8/1558782/nets-agree-to-deal-with-travis

WHats with all these sf's? We need a backup center or pointguard

Now for sf we got james, outlaw, williams, korver,

james???

PlezPlayDKnicks
07-08-2010, 12:55 PM
That would be a good balanced team...

Officialjdmusic
07-08-2010, 12:56 PM
Not Lebron James its the nets draft pick Damion James

thekmp211
07-08-2010, 12:58 PM
james???

damion james. i think its time for tdot to pop a xanax and take the rest of the day off...

Jays Claw
07-08-2010, 01:03 PM
A volume shooter with below average defense. I'm not sure why the Nets signed him. They could easily split those minutes between Courtney Lee, Terrence Williams and Travis Outlaw.

Sixerlover
07-08-2010, 01:06 PM
Korver and Outlaw add excess money and 0 wins to the team.

Over / Under 25 wins for the Nets next year?

heattiltheend94
07-08-2010, 01:10 PM
Korver is one of the best, underrated shooter, and will be a great player off the bench

heattiltheend94
07-08-2010, 01:11 PM
Korver is one of the best, underrated shooter, and will be a great player off the bench. accidently posted twice, can someone delete one. plz

Jays Claw
Over or under 25 wins for the Nets next year?

So far, they'll be well under 25 wins. However, my opinion could change if they land LeBron James.

JordansBulls
Korver and Outlaw add excess money and 0 wins to the team.

Over / Under 25 wins for the Nets next year?

Agreed

xxseven72ducexx
07-08-2010, 01:13 PM
i dont see how this is a bad move, the nets are a very poor 3 point shooting team and korver brings that...devin harris can hit the 3 but he's nowhere near the shooter that korver is so i see this as a good move for the nets

The Jokemaker
07-08-2010, 01:14 PM
Korver is an excellent shooter who could light it up if Lopez gets doubled underneath. He's not gonna turn the franchise around but he's a solid addition.

Carey
07-08-2010, 01:17 PM
Korver and Outlaw im sure arent what NJ had in mind, wonder what Korver will sign for, i already think they overpaid for Outlaw. With T-will, James and Courtney Lee i really dont think these guys are that much better then they already have. I think they could use some more size, you dont have to spend the cap space just because you have it, things open up, trades, salary dumps, etc.

Swashcuff
07-08-2010, 01:18 PM
Ahhhhhhhhh c'mon Kyle the Nets..... i would have really love to see Korver late in the playoffs hitting some big 3s for an immediate contender.

5/35 for Travis Outlaw OUCH!!!!

xbrackattackx
07-08-2010, 01:32 PM
This is a smart signing. Don't know why you guys are complaining.

BkOriginalOne
07-08-2010, 01:47 PM
Ironic that the Nets originally drafted Korver and now they want him back.

The nets are doing fine, I think. The owner doesn't want to do NOTHING during his first FA period, that'd be no fun.
Besides, these guys aren't worthless... In fact, the Nets now have a stockpile of young talent that teams could ask for, so they can still net star power in a trade.

Devin Harris
Courtney Lee
Terrence Williams
Travis Outlaw
Kyle Korver
Derrick Favors
Kris Humphries

With the exception of Brook Lopez, is anyone on the Nets really untouchable?
A combo of Favors/Harris and two players from that list could net them a great player.
Al Jefferson?
Danny Granger?
Maybe a package from the Rockets that includes Scola.
Caron Butler?
Jamison?
Iggy?

You can't imagine the Nets to have no leverage. They can acquire star talent without overpaying for it, because they can just match contracts with players they've already set the price on. Kinda smart actually.
This way, they can acquire talent and still have money next summer to make a run at a Star like Melo.
I say, Good moves. (You'd rather have the players other teams want, then have nobody and cap room with no one left to sign)

arlubas
07-08-2010, 01:57 PM
Korver is a very serviceable player and his contract is pretty nice as well. Nice move by the Nets even though they need some game changing guys to turn the team around, not just solid role players like him and Outlaw.

JOSKOMANG4
07-08-2010, 02:04 PM
I like it!

Korver would be a great backup SG for C.Lee & T.Outlaw will finally get to start!!

C) Lopez
PF) Favors
SF) Outlaw
SG) Lee
PG) D.Harris

Bench:

SF/SG T.Williams
SF/SG K.Korver
SG Q.Ross
PF K.Humphries
C J.Boone
SF D.James

Kakaroach
07-08-2010, 02:06 PM
I like it for the Nets as well, it was fun while it lasted Kyle. Good luck in Jersey.

Bornknick73
07-08-2010, 02:09 PM
White men cant jump ....but they sure can shoot and Korver is a damn fine shooter who will spread the floor big time. Nice pickup NJ. But hwy are you guys spending money when most teams in the James race are standing pat? I guess no Bosh or Boozer means money to burn? Korver is amust have for any team that needs shooters but Outlaw?

Carey
07-08-2010, 02:10 PM
Ironic that the Nets originally drafted Korver and now they want him back.

The nets are doing fine, I think. The owner doesn't want to do NOTHING during his first FA period, that'd be no fun.
Besides, these guys aren't worthless... In fact, the Nets now have a stockpile of young talent that teams could ask for, so they can still net star power in a trade.

Devin Harris
Courtney Lee
Terrence Williams
Travis Outlaw
Kyle Korver
Derrick Favors
Kris Humphries

With the exception of Brook Lopez, is anyone on the Nets really untouchable?
A combo of Favors/Harris and two players from that list could net them a great player.
Al Jefferson?
Danny Granger?
Maybe a package from the Rockets that includes Scola.
Caron Butler?
Jamison?
Iggy?

You can't imagine the Nets to have no leverage. They can acquire star talent without overpaying for it, because they can just match contracts with players they've already set the price on. Kinda smart actually.
This way, they can acquire talent and still have money next summer to make a run at a Star like Melo.
I say, Good moves. (You'd rather have the players other teams want, then have nobody and cap room with no one left to sign)

Good point, it makes since if your setting up a trade and you want to put two shooters around whoever you get.

nanablvd
07-08-2010, 02:19 PM
I believe James' agent might have told them yesterday in private that James's not gonna go to the Nets, thus all these quick, cap-eating moves.

RaiderLakersA's
07-08-2010, 02:30 PM
I believe James' agent might have told them yesterday in private that James's not gonna go to the Nets, thus all these quick, cap-eating moves.

All good moves, if you ask me. Whether you sign LeBron or not, you have to get some players on your roster that can win games. If you don't sign LeBron, it leaves any team that does with less talent to build around him. Kyle Korver is a good pick up in either case.

Master Mind
07-08-2010, 02:31 PM
So the Nets are conceding?

robdog_5
07-08-2010, 02:35 PM
Lee, TWill and DJames trade bait.

arkanian215
07-08-2010, 02:45 PM
The Nets announced Thursday afternoon that they have agreed in principle to a contract with forward Travis Outlaw. The deal is reportedly worth $35 million over five years, fully guaranteed and provides Outlaw a flat $7 million a year.

The Nets reportedly chose Outlaw over Kyle Korver and Josh Howard and could also offer a contract to Tyrus Thomas as early as Thursday afternoon. The Bobcats would have seven days to match any Nets' offer. According to Al Iannazzone, "the Outlaw agreement could the first of multiple moves by the Nets today".http://www.netsdaily.com/2010/7/8/1558782/nets-agree-to-deal-with-travis

Hopfully, no Korver.