PDA

View Full Version : Cavaliers in trade talks for Jonny Flynn

j-bay
07-08-2010, 12:10 PM
Sources: Cavs are in trade talks with Minnesota Timberwolves for PG Jonny Flynn. Flynn is represented by #LeBron's agent & LRMR.http://twitter.com/PDcavsinsider/status/18042795465

m26555
07-08-2010, 12:11 PM
Sources: Cavs are in trade talks with Minnesota Timberwolves for PG Jonny Flynn. Flynn is represented by #LeBron's agent & LRMR.

http://twitter.com/PDcavsinsider/status/18042795465

Last ditch attempt by Cleveland?

EDIT: Merge this with the other thread or just delete it. jbay44 beat me by a minute.

m26555
07-08-2010, 12:12 PM
This leads me to believe that LeBron still hasn't decided.

boolish
07-08-2010, 12:14 PM
I think lbj wants the South Beach lifestyle more than anything. and the no state income tax on ALL his income, not just salary.

j-bay
07-08-2010, 12:17 PM
I think lbj wants the South Beach lifestyle more than anything. and the no state income tax on ALL his income, not just salary.

you never know could change his mind at the last minute remeber this is his decision not miami's

R_O_W_E
07-08-2010, 12:19 PM
Now thats why Minnesota was talking with Luke Ridnour.

David Kahn is trying to become the worst GM in sports history. I think he used NBA2K10 to manage his actual team.

h2r09
07-08-2010, 12:19 PM
yes, because jonny ****ing flynn is going to change lebrons mind. haha

sep11ie
07-08-2010, 12:20 PM
The Cavs have nothing of trade value.

m26555
07-08-2010, 12:20 PM
:confused:

You realize that Flynn is a very good point guard, right? And don't act like you have a clue as to what is going through James' mind, because you don't.

h2r09
07-08-2010, 12:21 PM

You realize that Flynn is a very good point guard, right? And don't act like you have a clue as to what is going through James' mind, because you don't.

do you really think if lebron has already made up his mind that jonny flynn is going to make him change his mind? jonny flynn or wade and bosh, that is a tough one.

prodigy
07-08-2010, 12:22 PM

The cocaine filled lifestyle? lol. Lebron can have any lifestyle he wants playing wherever he wants.

Braking news: LEBRON IS RICH

BkOriginalOne
Their looking toward the future.
Every team on the rebuild should either build around a big or a PG that's the way the NBA is now.
I think this is more of a sign that Lebron is not coming back.
You really think Flynn and Mo Will can start a backcourt? expect Mo will to be out too if they get flynn.

The Raven
Seems like a last effort to sway Lebron's decision on staying. I still think they need to somehow make a blockbuster move if they want him to stay. But im not sure they have any pieces of worth

m26555
do you really think if lebron has already made up his mind that jonny flynn is going to make him change his mind? jonny flynn or wade and bosh, that is a tough one.
It very well could. In my opinion (which I understand means nothing, but whatever), his heart is in Cleveland.

tdunk21
07-08-2010, 12:23 PM

:facepalm:

boolish
07-08-2010, 12:24 PM
The cocaine filled lifestyle? lol. Lebron can have any lifestyle he wants playing wherever he wants.

Braking news: LEBRON IS RICH

you missed the point entirely. there is a south beach lifestyle. and it isn't in Akron.

tdunk21
07-08-2010, 12:25 PM

owned ....lol

j-bay
It very well could. In my opinion (which I understand means nothing, but whatever), his heart is in Cleveland.

plus don't you think he would have a better market in cleveland with nike if he wins a championship there then in miami he would have to share with wade

thesparky33
Who would the Cavs be sending back? Not really sure I'd be interested in many of the players they have...

ldc62
Well this about settles it... playing with Flynn (SAME AGENT) is way more attractive then playing with Wade and Bosh or Boozer, Rose and Noah. LBJ back to the Cavs.

j-bay
07-08-2010, 12:26 PM
you missed the point entirely. there is a south beach lifestyle. and it isn't in Akron.

yeah but it is dangerous in miami dog fighting,cocaine,a lo of bad things that could temp a sports star like lebron

_Supreme_
07-08-2010, 12:29 PM
owned ....lol

LOl... or maybe not.

Like he said, Johnny Fething flynn (who I like btw) isn't going to be the deciding factor for Lebron to stay.

To think so is extremely ********.

Hawkeye15
07-08-2010, 12:30 PM
what do the Cavs have that the Wolves would desire? I am not really buying this.

R_O_W_E
07-08-2010, 12:31 PM
yeah but it is dangerous in miami dog fighting,cocaine,a lo of bad things that could temp a sports star like lebron

Why would LeBron be tempted by dogfighting?

The **** is wrong with you?:facepalm:

Hunter48MVP
If they fail to trade for Johnny Flynn then LeBron James goes to Miami. Or if Cleveland makes a hung trade to land Chris Paul.

boolish

yeah that's true. but there are also beaches babes and nightlife. I predict he won't move his family down with him. They will stay in akron and continue their schooling there. they will visit him every now and then and he will visit them in akron.

_Supreme_

God forbid if the Cubans lure him into the ****-fighting scene :ohno:

Lmao, is that censored?

The male chicken fighting scene...

R_O_W_E
07-08-2010, 12:32 PM
what do the Cavs have that the Wolves would desire? I am not really buying this.

JJ Hickson.(not srs)

bigtime1957
07-08-2010, 12:37 PM
This whole thing is a joke. Go to Miami and be a Wade's sidekick. Cause your not good enough to stand alone as a real man would. All this talk about it is his decision. News flash, When he said Loyalty commitment and Family. He made his commitment. But he still show his words are worthless.

blah-blah
07-08-2010, 12:50 PM
what would they give mini?

Thisisouryear!!
07-08-2010, 12:51 PM

This.

thekmp211
07-08-2010, 12:56 PM
owned ....lol

not really. jonny flynn adds nothing to the cavs to make them more appealing. what weakness does he fill? hes like mo williams without a jumper.

if anything this is contingency for when he leaves.

jrm2054
07-08-2010, 01:04 PM
lebron hasn't choose the heat yet people. These so called sources are bull. He himself and maybe 1 or 2 other people know where he is going if he even does. Flynn is a upgrade over mo williams and it prob isn't enough to change his mind but what proof is there that he is even heading to miami. Chris brooussard he has been wrong about everything he said until he announced wade and bosh were signing in miami.

Jays Claw
07-08-2010, 01:09 PM
The most likely trade scenario would be Jonny Flynn for Mo Williams and Danny Green.

PhyscoT007
07-08-2010, 01:11 PM
i would not be surprised if these "sources" are all saying the heat just so it makes it THAT much more surprising and amazing when he chooses the knicks or the cavs

jrm2054
07-08-2010, 01:15 PM
i would not be surprised if these "sources" are all saying the heat just so it makes it THAT much more surprising and amazing when he chooses the knicks or the cavs
I hope so it would suck to see those 3 on the same team good or bad they need to be playing against each other not together. I love lebron but if he goes to miami i hope he blows his knee first game along with Chris Diva Bosh.

allvalleychamp
07-08-2010, 01:20 PM

David Kahn is trying to become the worst GM in sports history. I think he used NBA2K10 to manage his actual team.

he's got a long way to go with Larry Riley/Rob Rowell of GS still working

WSU Tony
07-08-2010, 01:25 PM

You rip the Wolves for looking into (not even signing) Ridnour. Then Wolves fans explain to you something behind the scenes must be going on because we don't need another PG. Then something behind the scenes comes out and you look at it like "now that's why they were talking with Ridnour." Then you say we have the worst GM in basketball.

You dont' even look objectively towards the Wolves. Hell, we could make the most lop-sided trade in the world and you'd rip us.

VRP723
07-08-2010, 01:29 PM

This just might be my favorite quote ever.

Hawkeye15
07-08-2010, 01:39 PM
You rip the Wolves for looking into (not even signing) Ridnour. Then Wolves fans explain to you something behind the scenes must be going on because we don't need another PG. Then something behind the scenes comes out and you look at it like "now that's why they were talking with Ridnour." Then you say we have the worst GM in basketball.

You dont' even look objectively towards the Wolves. Hell, we could make the most lop-sided trade in the world and you'd rip us.

at this point, why do you even respond to ROWE? I think it may be Wochohardnamewhogivesashit from yahoo

prodigy
07-08-2010, 01:40 PM

You missed the point entirely. Lebron does not need to play for the heat to visit south beach or anywhere else.

At this point I don't care anymore. When lebron costs the Cavs chances to improve last season the writing was on the wall.

VIP1349
07-08-2010, 01:46 PM
Cavs trying to rebuild and Flynn wouldn't be a bad guy to have for that, just don't see why the T-Wolves would do it guess we have no idea who it would be, I just don't see anyone on that team really enticing them unless it was JJ Hickson who they don't really need. Could be the T-Wolves making a splash for Mo Williams while Cavs look to rebuild with Flynn.

boolish
07-08-2010, 01:49 PM
You missed the point entirely. Lebron does not need to play for the heat to visit south beach or anywhere else.

At this point I don't care anymore. When lebron costs the Cavs chances to improve last season the writing was on the wall.

I know that. YOU could even visit south beach. But this isn't about visiting south beach, it's about moving there and living the lifestyle. living in south beach is different than living in Akron, no? and the difference in taxes is substantial.

_Supreme_
07-08-2010, 01:52 PM
Cavs trying to rebuild and Flynn wouldn't be a bad guy to have for that, just don't see why the T-Wolves would do it guess we have no idea who it would be, I just don't see anyone on that team really enticing them unless it was JJ Hickson who they don't really need. Could be the T-Wolves making a splash for Mo Williams while Cavs look to rebuild with Flynn.

Lebron could already have informed the Cavs that he is leaving, prompting them to start the rebuilding process.

Flynn is represented by the Lebron people. This could be sort of a "goodbye gift" to help Cleveland start over.

Then again they might just think he is a nice player to have, which he is, and that it would improve their team anyway, Lebron on it or not.

boolish
07-08-2010, 01:55 PM
Lebron could already have informed the Cavs that he is leaving, prompting them to start the rebuilding process.

Flynn is represented by the Lebron people. This could be sort of a "goodbye gift" to help Cleveland start over.

Then again they might just think he is a nice player to have, which he is, and that it would improve their team anyway, Lebron on it or not.

lebron's peeps don't "own" flynn. and they can't "gift" him to CLE. It's still a league with rules and teams acting in their own best interest. CLE is probably so desperate that they are willing to make an unbalanced trade to try to land JF in the hopes that it might make Bron change his mind.

fadedmario
07-08-2010, 02:00 PM
What does Cleveland have that the Wolves would want? Horrible move by Minnesota if Flynn gets dealt to the Cavs. And Jonny Flynn is not going to sway Lebron's decision

Slimsim
07-08-2010, 02:04 PM
Kahn Soon to be GM of the Decade.

prodigy
07-08-2010, 02:05 PM
What does Cleveland have that the Wolves would want? Horrible move by Minnesota if Flynn gets dealt to the Cavs. And Jonny Flynn is not going to sway Lebron's decision

Ya, the NBA is full of great and fair trades correct? HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

Kakaroach
07-08-2010, 02:06 PM
Flynn wouldn't help keep LeBron at all really. I wouldn't do the move if I were btoh teams.

AI4MVP
07-08-2010, 02:08 PM
they cud be just looking towards the future. jonny flynn is a very good point guard. if u check the stats and the amount of mins played compared to the other star rookie point guards in last yaers draft class, he was right there. hes extremely talented.

S-Dot
07-08-2010, 02:09 PM

Really though? He wants to replace Flynn with Ridnour? He must really think Rubio is going to be a T'Wolves franchise player. I wouldn't look to trade Flynn just yet.

zipsbgsu
07-08-2010, 02:09 PM
Cleveland is looking at Flynn because Mo Williams is not a good enough PG to play Scott's running offense that he wants to play. Whether Lebron stays or goes the team still needs a PG that can run. Flynn fits that mold better then Williams.

Caps1989
07-08-2010, 02:18 PM
Cleveland is looking at Flynn because Mo Williams is not a good enough PG to play Scott's running offense that he wants to play. Whether Lebron stays or goes the team still needs a PG that can run. Flynn fits that mold better then Williams.

And its still funny that Cleveland wants Flynn but has nothing to give to the Wolves in return.

kevin916
07-08-2010, 02:26 PM
Minnesota GM just said FLYNN not getting traded!!!!!!!

strokeman
07-08-2010, 02:27 PM
Iím not a cavs fan but LBJ is doing the cavs wrong! They did all they could to put a team around him to win it all! This was the second year they had the best record and didnít make the finals! He is the one that didnít show up in the playoffs, now he messed around until the top free agents have committed to other teams leaving the cavs with nothing but hope to work with! He should have sign a long time ago and gotten other players to join him in clev

D1JM
07-08-2010, 02:45 PM
Minnesota GM just said FLYNN not getting traded!!!!!!!

x2

sep11ie
07-08-2010, 02:57 PM
I heard Miami offered Cleveland 2 hours of sunshine per week and 4 palm trees to entice them to do a s/t with LBJ.

WSU Tony
07-08-2010, 03:19 PM
Kahn Soon to be GM of the Decade.

Because there are rumors around his club? You know he didn't sign Luke R, right?

WSU Tony
07-08-2010, 03:20 PM
You guys just see that the title has timberwolves in it and assume the Wolves traded Jefferson for cap room or Flynn for a 2nd round pick.

How about you guys grow a pair and actually look at the details of the trade before you rip the Wolves.