PDA

View Full Version : Toronto signs restricted FA Linas Kleiza to a four-year, $20 m offer sheet

thescore53
07-08-2010, 11:10 AM
Toronto signs Denver restricted free agent forward Linas Kleiza to a four-year, $20 million offer sheet, a league source tells Y! Sports.

twitter.com/SpearsNBAYahoo

Mcnabb_vision
07-08-2010, 11:11 AM
OHH YEAAA....bring him back 2 the nba!!

Kakaroach
07-08-2010, 11:12 AM
To make up for the loss of Bosh, over-paying him just like everyone else but Denver won't match that I think.

Melo15
07-08-2010, 11:14 AM
I highly doubt we match that, enjoy Kleiza Toronto hopefully he improved a lot in the past year. Hes a dynamite scorer some nights and incredible to watch but other nights he's just kind of there lol. Overall though for only 5 mil a year this isn't a bad sign in my opinion.

tdunk21
07-08-2010, 11:17 AM
they didnt sign yet...raps just offered him 20mil...so now denver has to match it to keep him....

king4day
07-08-2010, 11:18 AM
He played really well in Europe. Should be a solid pickup. Hopefully it helps them.
I have a feeling though that Denver is gonna match.

The Jokemaker
07-08-2010, 11:23 AM
Good move. I remember in Denver he was considered a good young player and I think in Toronto he can continue that.

CB4AB7VC15
07-08-2010, 11:28 AM
Please fire BC, this guy loves to overpay players. Couldn't he give this to Outlaw or a guy who can at least drive or rebound....Jose 8 mill, Turk 11 mill, Amir 7 mill, and now this....Half the cap for these four players LAmeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee..........

Da Knicks
07-08-2010, 11:30 AM
Love his game!

bigsams50
07-08-2010, 11:30 AM
Great news for me. Now he will no longer be playing with Olympiakos, so Panathinaikos should continue their dominance as usual

thescore53
07-08-2010, 11:31 AM
Please fire BC, this guy loves to overpay players. Couldn't he give this to Outlaw or a guy who can at least drive or rebound....Jose 8 mill, Turk 11 mill, Amir 7 mill, and now this....Half the cap for these four players LAmeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee..........

who else shoud we hire then ?? bc has brought respectability and professionalism to the raptors he's tryna turn this into a first class organization.
rob babcock just made it a embarrassment to support this team

Jays Claw
07-08-2010, 11:32 AM
He's a tough, gritty defender who can hit the open shot. Not a bad signing at all.

thescore53
07-08-2010, 11:32 AM
Great news for me. Now he will no longer be playing with Olympiakos, so Panathinaikos should continue their dominance as usual

did he play well on the olympiakos this year

ManRam
07-08-2010, 11:34 AM
I like Kleiza a lot. I kind of forgot about him. I think he would have been a great fit on my team, so with that logic, I think it's a good signing...

Assuming Denver doesn't match.

The Raven
07-08-2010, 11:42 AM
Great move for the Raps. I doubt Denver would match so solid move for the Raps. He's a great young player who will make an impact for that team im sure

bigsams50
07-08-2010, 11:44 AM
did he play well on the olympiakos this year

YEa, he played real good. Let the Greek league in scoring.

CB4AB7VC15
07-08-2010, 11:57 AM
who else shoud we hire then ?? bc has brought respectability and professionalism to the raptors he's tryna turn this into a first class organization.
rob babcock just made it a embarrassment to support this team

A guy who isn't all about O, a guy who understands nba ball and knows that D and rebounding win in this league. A guy who knows that a offensive style of play will never ever work...... "Lets just get a bunch of shooters and swing the ball around the three area and well outscore everyone"..........

ldc62
07-08-2010, 12:01 PM
At least hes young. Denvers still trying to get Jermaine so hopefully they don't match.

arlubas
07-08-2010, 12:03 PM
YEa, he played real good. Let the Greek league in scoring.
At least give them the whole truth, that he played great for the whole season but managed to pull a huge disappearing act every time his team was actually playing for a title, be that the euroleague cup, Greek national chip and cup. He's gonna be good for some scoring erruptions but he is in no way a player any team should be structuring their game on. Like a JR Smith kind of guy somewhat.

bigsams50
07-08-2010, 12:13 PM
At least give them the whole truth, that he played great for the whole season but managed to pull a huge disappearing act every time his team was actually playing for a title, be that the euroleague cup, Greek national chip and cup. He's gonna be good for some scoring erruptions but he is in no way a player any team should be structuring their game on. Like a JR Smith kind of guy somewhat.

Well i dont think Toronto is getting him to build around or anything, i think they just want him to be a scoring compliment to Bargnani.

pebloemer
07-08-2010, 12:20 PM
A guy who isn't all about O, a guy who understands nba ball and knows that D and rebounding win in this league. A guy who knows that a offensive style of play will never ever work...... "Lets just get a bunch of shooters and swing the ball around the three area and well outscore everyone"..........

I don't think this accurately represents Kleiza at all. I remember him being an average to above average NBA defender with decent rebounding skills for his position. Can Nuggets fans who've seen more of him offer more detail here?

Bob_at_york
07-08-2010, 12:29 PM
Please fire BC, this guy loves to overpay players. Couldn't he give this to Outlaw or a guy who can at least drive or rebound....

He could not give that to Outlaw. Outlaw will be getting paid a lot more money than Kleiza this season. Also I am not 100% sure because I am going more off of numbers than actual play but I think Kleiza is the better rebounder.

eugene
07-08-2010, 12:29 PM
He had really solid season in Europe...

SA5195
07-08-2010, 12:30 PM

Outlaw's about to sign a 35mill deal with NJ...

Hellcrooner
07-08-2010, 12:32 PM
lol just what raptors fans wre eager to hear .

Another " sofht" euoro..

Maharaha is going to become n uts.

Now derozn for Pryz and Rudy .

Calderon, Rudy, Turkkoglu, BArgs, Pryz with Benillieni kleiza on the bench ;P

DaoudS
07-08-2010, 12:34 PM
oh wow, non-raptor fans supporting a signing/trade by Toronto? Is the world ending?

Hellcrooner
07-08-2010, 12:38 PM

Hey arlubas nlong time no see.

Am i wrong or CHildrees is a FA? no one is talking about him , and he did really well this season in euroleague ( not sure how he did in greek league)

MaHaRaJaH
07-08-2010, 12:39 PM
To make up for the loss of Bosh, over-paying him just like everyone else but Denver won't match that I think.

Who is actually "Underpaid" this off season? or got what they were worth?

MaHaRaJaH
07-08-2010, 12:41 PM
lol just what raptors fans wre eager to hear .

Another " sofht" euoro..

Maharaha is going to become n uts.

Now derozn for Pryz and Rudy .

Calderon, Rudy, Turkkoglu, BArgs, Pryz with Benillieni kleiza on the bench ;P

It almost looks like you're calling me out...

NYKalltheway
07-08-2010, 12:47 PM
Thank you for relieving him from Europe. He was usually the main threat against my team Panathinaikos :)

blah-blah
07-08-2010, 12:49 PM
ehhh im ok with this

bigsams50
07-08-2010, 12:51 PM
Thank you for relieving him from Europe. He was usually the main threat against my team Panathinaikos :)

:cheers: To bad we lost spanoulis though

Jays Claw
07-08-2010, 12:52 PM
DeMar DeRozan for Joel Pryzbilla and Rudy Fernandez.

Are you insane? :confused:

Hellcrooner
07-08-2010, 12:53 PM
It almost looks like you're calling me out...

lol not like that

but you often compain in raptors forum bout the team not having enough ameican , atheltic, defensive players.

so i guess you cant be happy bout another "soft" " no defense" "Unatheltic·" european distnce shooter.:cheers:

arlubas
07-08-2010, 01:47 PM
Hey arlubas nlong time no see.

Am i wrong or CHildrees is a FA? no one is talking about him , and he did really well this season in euroleague ( not sure how he did in greek league)
hey man, how are things going? I hadn't visited PSD in a very long time but the whole FA frenzy brought me back lol.

As for childress yeah he was real good this past season and he is indeed a FA. His manager is trying to get him a good NBA contract at the moment but if not he'll come back to Europe.