PDA

View Full Version : Is it about Money or the Ring?

cheerio
07-08-2010, 09:49 AM
In numerous interviews Wade states that it is not about the money it is about winning the ring. You think their agents (Bosh and Wade) are willing to take less money for their players to play in hopes of getting the ring? I just don't know. What are you opinions?

Russell_Roberts
07-08-2010, 09:52 AM
They already confirmed they will take less money to get a ring. bosh would get more bc wade and lebron makes money off the court and bosh doesnt have any endorsements. so i think its the ring.

Giants88
07-08-2010, 09:55 AM
Go get your rings, you ****ing cowards.

Heediot
07-08-2010, 10:04 AM
Money always comes first. They would sacrifice at most 10 percent of a Max salary in order to help fulfill their respective wishes for a title.

No one would like to come out and say straightforwardly that its about the money first because of societal expectations. The vast majority of fans and media would frown upon players who state that money comes first. But in reality, who's to say that you cannot try hard to win a title even though you believe the money comes first? I do not hold a grudge against anybody that goes for the money first, I would do so in the same position probably. Someone as a player needs to have the balls to admit it and debate the reasons why money comes first. People do not want to say money comes first because part of that may cause them to lose endorsement moneys through the tarnishment of their image. The world is a complex place!!!

mynameismo
07-08-2010, 10:12 AM
Both. They're greedy like that.

Raph12
07-08-2010, 10:13 AM
It's a mixture of both, if they really just wanted to win, they'd sign with LA for the MLE...

shizzle09
07-08-2010, 10:20 AM
cowards? as the previous poster said if they were simply trying to win rings and didnt care about the money they would all sign with the lakers for the MLE or hell even the league minimum.

JonnyBrav000
07-08-2010, 10:31 AM
It's both, but more about the money, rings can't be used to pay the bills and maintain a rich lifestyle.

I hope Lebron doesn't sign with Miami, that would be trash for the NBA, well maybe not Lakers Vs. Heat... Hope the Lakers win, but they would need to trade for either Chris Paul, Carmelo Anthony, or any big man that is pretty good, can't compete with a team like that if you have someone Like A.Bynum who is always injured.

cheerio
07-08-2010, 11:36 AM
So far it looks like money is winning

Statik1
07-08-2010, 11:40 AM
Its about money first then rings.

How many old vets towards the end of the money making days sign a small contract when they could of got more just to win a ring... Quite a lot do.

Kakaroach
07-08-2010, 11:42 AM
The agents aren't taking less money, thats for sure. But we can't answer this question until the details of their contracts come out and if they took the max (especially a Bosh S&T from the Raptors).

RCarlson85
07-08-2010, 12:07 PM
I'm not sure how people can say it's more about the money. With the exception of Wade, they could make more by staying with their current team. If they really wanted more money, Lebron and Bosh would just stay. Bosh would at least want to be traded to the Heat to assure that he gets the max. He may still get traded, but at this point that hasn't happened. I'm not saying it's not about money, because obviously they could take a lot less, but even by taking a few million less it would make it so the Heat could add a few decent pieces. They would all be sacrificing something to make this work because they could all be getting max deals.