PDA

View Full Version : Erik Spoelstra or Pat Riley: who will coach Miami next year?

JayW_1023
07-08-2010, 06:58 AM
Who would you like to see on the Heat bench next season. I really hope Spoelstra will get another shot. He did a fine job this year with an extremely flawed roster. Still Riley has proven more he can deal with alot of big ego's in a lockerroom.

I'm just sick of Pat always trying to step in whenever Miami is close to contending, and when they are reeling he is literally MIA. It annoys me to no end.

Merc20Jets
07-08-2010, 07:22 AM
Riley's grubby armani fingers are all over LBJ to Mia. There's no way he doesn't coach this year. I used to like Riley.

JayW_1023
07-08-2010, 07:25 AM
I would respect Riley more if he had the balls to coach his teams during times when they stink. Like Jerry Sloan, who is one of those coaches who brings out the most with the less talent.

Heediot
07-08-2010, 07:31 AM
Riley!! He would fit right in with the three egomaniacs he'd be coaching!

AllTimeBest
07-08-2010, 07:54 AM
Wade has already come out and said that Spoelstra is the coach and Bosh knows that.

Raidaz4Life
07-08-2010, 07:58 AM
Pat vs Phil in next years finals.

mynameismo
07-08-2010, 08:02 AM
Who cares? Even I can coach this team and we'll win 60 games.

Hindy27
07-08-2010, 08:04 AM
Of course Riley will take over, he'll do a Popovich.

Popovich sacked the Spurs coach who was 3-16 to start the season, with several stars injured, he had a 121-43 record overall.

Popovich made himself coach the day David Robinson came back from injury, then unluckily at the time but very lucky in the long run, Robinson got injured again, out for the season.
Popovich went 17-47 to finish the season and of course got the number 1 pick in the lottery, Duncan, he wasn't going to give that up.

Riley will do the same.

JayW_1023
07-08-2010, 08:18 AM
Of course Riley will take over, he'll do a Popovich.

Popovich sacked the Spurs coach who was 3-16 to start the season, with several stars injured, he had a 121-43 record overall.

Popovich made himself coach the day David Robinson came back from injury, then unluckily at the time but very lucky in the long run, Robinson got injured again, out for the season.
Popovich went 17-47 to finish the season and of course got the number 1 pick in the lottery, Duncan, he wasn't going to give that up.

Riley will do the same.

It's an unfair comparison, and as a Spurs fan I feel compelled to reply. Pop didn't have any coaching experience or titles when he took the Spurs job. He wasn't out to get past glory like Riley will intend to do if he indeed shoves Spoelstra aside.

Pop built his legacy from scratch, Riley only wants to add to it when he sees fit and doesn't persist when things aren't rolling well.

Hindy27
07-08-2010, 08:30 AM
It's an unfair comparison, and as a Spurs fan I feel compelled to reply. Pop didn't have any coaching experience or titles when he took the Spurs job. He wasn't out to get past glory like Riley will intend to do if he indeed shoves Spoelstra aside.

Pop built his legacy from scratch, Riley only wants to add to it when he sees fit and doesn't persist when things aren't rolling well.
To me it's the same.

Pop had years and years of assistant coach experience, obviously didn't show enough talent to get a head coach position, he manage to get the GM position at Spurs though.
Spurs had Robinson and several others injured to start the season and Hill had a 3-16 record. Robinson was due back so Pop sacked a coach that had a 121-43 record to put himself in ready to take the glory, Robinson got injured again though so they went onto a bad enough record to end up with the number 1 pick.

As I said Pop wasn't going to step aside after that though was he, Duncan and Robinson could coach themselves to 50+ wins.

Pop will retire soon, as Duncan gets closer to retirement as well.

J4KOP99
07-08-2010, 09:31 AM
Why isn't this in the Heat forum?

JayW_1023
07-08-2010, 09:34 AM
It's ridiculous the rate of threads that get moved. This ain't no homer thread and the poll is directed to all NBA fans.

NYK|NYY
07-08-2010, 09:35 AM
Pat is going to have him taken out before the press conference.

B.JenningsMVP
07-08-2010, 09:36 AM
Coach Spo' cause he's Filipino! :D

td0tsfinest
07-08-2010, 09:42 AM
Its only right Erick Spoelstra coaches this team. He had to deal with such a ****** team the past two seasons and now that he has dependable second option, its only right he's given the opportunity to work with this team as well.

ragee
07-08-2010, 09:47 AM
I sure hope Riley does not get greedy again and find a way to fire the Heat's head coach for him to get on the sidelines so he can get all the credit...

writ42
07-08-2010, 09:48 AM
Erik will coach the Heat this year that has already been decided. However, he has to get to the finals this year or else Riley will takeover, quite similar to what happened with Stan Van Gundy.

marlinsfan24
07-08-2010, 09:52 AM
It should and will be Spoelstra.

Heediot
07-08-2010, 09:57 AM
Since the big three are colluding to build a dynasty, its apparent that Riley would want in on etching his name toward more titles.The man like the group he is about to assemble is a glory hog ego starved individual. Put 2 and 2 together and Riley will be coaching the Heat by mid-season at the latest.

Raoul Duke
07-08-2010, 10:47 AM
I think it'll be Riley. Spo's done a good job, but I don't feel sorry for him in the least. He made a boatload of money, presented himself well, and he'll get another job very quickly.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with Riley taking over if they get themselves a "big three". If you disagree, then check his rings against Spo's. Truth hurts.

pistonsfanomg
07-08-2010, 10:57 AM
Who would you like to see on the Heat bench next season. I really hope Spoelstra will get another shot. He did a fine job this year with an extremely flawed roster. Still Riley has proven more he can deal with alot of big ego's in a lockerroom.

I'm just sick of Pat always trying to step in whenever Miami is close to contending, and when they are reeling he is literally MIA. It annoys me to no end.

AMEN! :clap:

The Raven
07-08-2010, 11:31 AM
Pat vs Phil in next years finals.

that would be so freakin sick to watch.