PDA

View Full Version : General Buzzkill

lakerfan3118
07-08-2010, 05:24 AM
http://www.basketball-reference.com/friv/free_agents.cgi

ahh yes. tomorrow's lebron james signing all but ends the top-tier free agent rush the nba has been preparing for the past few years. let's take a look at the potential players left at the perverbial bottom of the FA barrel--

Malik Allen
Chucky Atkins
Tony Battie
Jarron Collins
Jason Collins
Aaron Gray
Steven Hunter
Nathan Jawai
Josh Powell
Darius Songaila
Antoine Wright

...and et cetera, et cetera, et cetera. with the news of Miami assembling the 'Redeem Team Rehash 2010- Heat Edition', probable teammates for this core are, yes, pretty much limited to this list above.

should be oodles and oodles of fun.

arkanian215
07-08-2010, 05:47 AM
General Buzzkill :salute:

Yeah it looks thin. There's some third tier players in:
Tyrus Thomas
Mike Miller
Shaq
Udonis Haslem
Jermaine O'Neal
Raymond Felton
etc
That's pretty good considering the top tier in last year's FA class.

lakerfan3118
07-08-2010, 06:03 AM

Tyrus Thomas
Mike Miller
Shaq
Udonis Haslem
Jermaine O'Neal
Raymond Felton
etc

Decent, if unspectacular at best. I think your list is capable of demanding around the MLE, but that's pretty much it. Others of note are Al Harrington, Luis Scola, Rasual Butler, Randy Foye... on demand guys, and nothing more.

lakers4sho
07-08-2010, 10:32 AM
Adam Morrison is the most sought after FA out there. I can't wait for his 1 hour special in a couple of weeks. Shows you how much time he takes to make such an important decision, one that can potentially make or break a dynasty.

DaBUU
07-08-2010, 10:34 AM
Adam Morrison is the most sought after FA out there. I can't wait for his 1 hour special in a couple of weeks. Shows you how much time he takes to make such an important decision, one that can potentially make or break a dynasty.

just wait till Aaron Grays week long PBS series to announce where hes goin. it will be epic

Bornknick73
07-08-2010, 10:52 AM

Tyrus Thomas
Mike Miller
Shaq
Udonis Haslem
Jermaine O'Neal
Raymond Felton
etc

After the big 3 Miami only has money left for vet minimums. I dont see a vet minimum in that group do you?

zambo4president
07-08-2010, 10:53 AM
J.J. Reddick's special is only 5 minutes, and he's shooting it himself. Major networks like youtube are sure to have it :laugh2:

Human FlameShld
07-08-2010, 11:04 AM

xbrackattackx
07-08-2010, 11:08 AM

I came in just to say this.

arkanian215
07-08-2010, 11:23 AM
After the big 3 Miami only has money left for vet minimums. I dont see a vet minimum in that group do you?

I didn't realize the list was exclusively for Miami.

hgtiger32
07-08-2010, 11:31 AM
hah i have a feeling 23, 3, and 4 will all take a little less. the heat will pay the luxury tax and go over the cap, simple as that. they have some decent young draft picks, they'll be okay...they just gotta surround the big 3 with good defenders and catch and shoot shooter for bron and wade to kick out to

Slimsim
07-08-2010, 11:33 AM
If you had to build a team around one of those guys on the list who would it be ?

xbrackattackx
07-08-2010, 11:44 AM
If you had to build a team around one of those guys on the list who would it be ?

I don't know? T. Thomas?

That list is a tough one to think about building a contender with.

REALLYYYYY?
07-08-2010, 11:49 AM
aaron gray all the way

LakerfaninKY
07-08-2010, 12:32 PM

At least Adam Morrison would have 2 championship rings to take with him to his new team, which I believe is about 2 more than LeBron will be taking with him. :D

lakerfan3118
07-08-2010, 01:24 PM
aaron gray all the way

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQSNhk5ICTI

it's a double rainbow all the way

hah i have a feeling 23, 3, and 4 will all take a little less. the heat will pay the luxury tax and go over the cap, simple as that. they have some decent young draft picks, they'll be okay...they just gotta surround the big 3 with good defenders and catch and shoot shooter for bron and wade to kick out to

lol Miami, if i'm not correct had two second round draft picks. who, by the looks of it, could very well be propelled into a starting spot given their financial woes. yikes.

and click on the link in the first post. who, aside from maybe joe smith do you really see considering a veteran's minimum that you'd actually want as a roster filler?

xbrackattackx
07-08-2010, 01:25 PM
At least Adam Morrison would have 2 championship rings to take with him to his new team, which I believe is about 2 more than LeBron will be taking with him. :D

HAHAHAH I lol'd

koLohe2133
07-08-2010, 01:45 PM
dorell wright! isnt he a fa?

GSW Hoops
07-08-2010, 01:52 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQSNhk5ICTI

it's a double rainbow all the way

Lmfao that's the funniest thing I've seen in weeks.