PDA

View Full Version : Kobe speaks on Shaw, Fish, and Blake

kblo247
07-08-2010, 03:05 AM
link (http://cbs2.com/lakers/Kobe.Bryant.Brian.2.1793086.html)

Without the Zen master at the helm next year, Kobe left no doubt to whom he would like to take the throne.

"I would love to see Brain [Shaw] coach, absolutely. No question."

Kobe pointed to Shaw's growth and experience under Jackson as reasons for him to be "the likely candidate" for the coaching vacancy.

"We need to have him back," Kobe said in regarding Fisher returning to the Lakers. "I mean, it is as simple as that. We need to have him back. It is not a question of if he will be back, but of when. He has made every big shot for us, and he is a perfect complement to my leadership style."

In an offseason dominated by flashly big-name free agents, Kobe also heaped praise for the less sexy Laker acquisition of Steve Blake, noting his willingness to fight and battle as valuable assets to the team.

I love the confidence in Shaw and Blake, but most importantly Fisher whom I feel just lucked himself into a bigger payday thanks to Lebron going to Miami if it holds true as they will need that second leader and killer to beat that group.

numba1CHANGsta
07-08-2010, 03:17 AM
Nice so I guess now we know who will take over for Phil when he retires :) oh and Mitch...resign Fish already! :D

The Raven
07-08-2010, 04:15 AM
Id love to have Shaw coach the Lakers. I do in fact think he's ready for a head coaching gig so i dont see why LA shouldnt offer him the job after Phil Jackson retires. It'd be a very ez transition for the team since i assume Shaw will sort of stick to Phil's philosophy of playing.

In terms of Derek Fisher, Mitch should get it done but at no 5 million. Something closer to 3 would be more reasonable

kblo247
07-08-2010, 04:47 AM
Another Kobe quote on Blake:

Bryant was all for the one free-agent acquisition the Lakers have already reportedly made in point guard Steve Blake, who agreed to a four-year deal worth $16 million.

"I love that pickup," Bryant said. "I love that pickup. Every time I played against Blake when he was in Portland and when he matched up with me, he obviously gave up a lot in size and weight but he fought me hard every time. And I hit him with some nasty elbows, believe me, but he kept fighting, he kept battling, kept battling and to me, that's the kind of guy I want on my team so it says a lot about him."

http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/news/story?id=5363042

kid24
07-08-2010, 06:27 AM
love fish hope to see him back.

Iron24th
07-08-2010, 07:44 AM
Love the Kobe's comments about Blake,it says a lot about him.

Avenged
07-08-2010, 11:52 AM
Blah, we're going to need all the help we can get since Lebron is really leaning towards Miami.

KillaInstinct24
07-08-2010, 12:11 PM
Blah, we're going to need all the help we can get since Lebron is really leaning towards Miami.

they still have to snag role players and get past boston's crazy defense.

L@ker4Life
07-08-2010, 12:23 PM
Effing Kobe. I love how he writes " I hit him with some nasty elbows". All Lakers fans know that those elbows are intentional and he's great at not getting caught, but he doesn't have to tell the world!! ;)