PDA

View Full Version : LBJ Legacy

JayHunter
07-08-2010, 02:10 AM
If LBJ does sign with the Miami Heat & win multiple titles, will it take away from his legacy by saying that he had to play with two allstars to win a title. If he does sign with the heat I think he would always be 2nd tier to D Wade because Wade has already built his foundation in Miami

Venomous88
07-08-2010, 02:11 AM
We will have to see. Nothing is set in stone

hugepatsfan
07-08-2010, 02:11 AM
The Wade thing will. Playing with two all stars won't. That's not a big deal. But in order for them to be at their best, Lebron is going to have to step out of Wade's way. Wade is the better closer. That hurts his legacy.

THE MTL
07-08-2010, 02:14 AM
Iono how Bosh is going to feel with he reduced number of shots! Lebron James & Dwayne Wade are GOING to get theirs. NO MATTER WHAT!

Lebron's freaking allstar game statistics are like the same as his regular season statistics.

plpfctn
07-08-2010, 02:14 AM
LBJ's legacy will always be "he couldn't win in cleveland. and then he quit on them"

What?
07-08-2010, 02:15 AM
Without a doubt. This guy has the potential to be consider one of the best ever but if he goes to Miami he wouldn't even be considered the #1 option of his Championships he will always be Miami's 2nd favorite player

ink
07-08-2010, 02:16 AM
If LBJ does sign with the Miami Heat & win multiple titles, will it take away from his legacy by saying that he had to play with two allstars to win a title. If he does sign with the heat I think he would always be 2nd tier to D Wade because Wade has already built his foundation in Miami

Yes, it will absolutely tarnish his legacy.

iggypop123
07-08-2010, 02:16 AM
if it was joe johnson instead of wade and they still won his legacy would be amazing. now his legacy will suffer, sort of the kobe shaq thing. kobe didnt get any respect until he won as the top guy.

NYYankeesWin#27
07-08-2010, 02:17 AM
**** ya, if he goes to mia and wins im still never comparing that ***** to the true 23

JayHunter
07-08-2010, 02:17 AM
LBJ's legacy will always be "he couldn't win in cleveland. and then he quit on them"
I agree

ink
07-08-2010, 02:18 AM
If Lebron makes this mistake, he will never live it down. From this era Kobe will be the unmistakable best, and that comes from someone who thinks Kobe is a pretender to the all time top 10.

Lebron to Heat = top 15 all-time overall and nothing more.

hugepatsfan
07-08-2010, 02:19 AM
if it was joe johnson instead of wade and they still won his legacy would be amazing. now his legacy will suffer, sort of the kobe shaq thing. kobe didnt get any respect until he won as the top guy.

So true. I think LBJ is the better player, so I'm not hating, but Wade is the better closer, IMO. I think for the Heat to win, Wade needs to be the go-to guy in crunch time. Lebron not being that guy completely takes him out of discussion for GOAT. Not that he is in it now, but this move makes it so he will never be. But if h puts that aside because he really only cares about ensuring the most rings he can get (at least what he thinks will produce the most), then props to him.

Baseballcb95
07-08-2010, 02:19 AM
The Wade thing will. Playing with two all stars won't. That's not a big deal. But in order for them to be at their best, Lebron is going to have to step out of Wade's way. Wade is the better closer. That hurts his legacy.

honestly, i agree as a heat fan, but what will they be closing? how many games do u honestly think will come down to a buzzer beater, a free throw, overtime, etc. with the big 3 (if it happens)

borat
07-08-2010, 02:20 AM
Way too early to talk about all this.

However, the thing is this. It isn't like the Garnet or Allen trying to win a ring. They had already been in the league for like 12 years. Or even when Payton and Malone tried to later on. He is basically giving up in Cleveland if he does. Which is sad considering they had the best record in the league this year. Not like he was playing for minny or the sonics(when they existed)

Now if they run off like 4 titles in a row then his legacy will be intact, but at the end of the day, he will always be the guy that couldn't do it in cleveland and had to jump ship with 2 other all-stars and 2 possible future hall of famers.

shep33
07-08-2010, 02:21 AM
I actually think all their legacies will take a hit, but Wade will come out looking cleaner than Bosh and James.

This was and still is his team if this goes down. He brought them to Miami, LBJ didn't bring them to Cleveland, NYC, or anyother place.

Either way, the comparisons to Jordan even if they won 6 in a row wouldn't be there. It probably isn't fair, but we all know everyone in the media and a lot of fans will look at this and be like "Jordan didnt' need to join 2 other stars to get him a ring".

Another thing is, if he goes to the Heat, it weakens the rest of the eastern conference... really no teams can contend with them out east, maybe Orlando and a very healthy Boston team, but besides that, Cleveland is not going to be as good, Chicago will be better but still not on that level. MJ played against great Knick and Pacer teams that took him to very hard 6 and 7 game series, in what was a more powerful eastern conference at the time when Jordan was playing.

So all their legacies take a hit, none of them will be known as the greatest ever.

JordansBulls
07-08-2010, 02:22 AM
Let's wait until it happens.