PDA

View Full Version : Shift in power

BALLER R
07-07-2010, 10:44 PM
I know it's too early but with the way a bunch of eastern teams are improving do you think that next year we will see a more balanced system in terms of east vs west. Could this be the beging of having the power more balanced than having all the powerhouse in the west and only 2 in the east.
also interesting sorry just had to add this in, amare and boozer are in the east, bosh was the bigman in the east aside from howard. but now you got bosh, boozer, howard and amare going at it. come allstar weekend. who is more likely to be left out of the allstar game.( not including howard because he's at the 5)

97NYer
07-07-2010, 10:48 PM
Boozer....

still1ballin
07-07-2010, 11:00 PM
Amare....

Sly Guy
07-07-2010, 11:01 PM
the one with the worst stats.

_KB24_
07-07-2010, 11:02 PM
the one with the worst stats.

The one nicknamed stat

nuggetsyankees
07-07-2010, 11:03 PM
David Lee may move out West

J_M_B
07-07-2010, 11:05 PM
Boozer...

J_M_B
07-07-2010, 11:06 PM
The one nicknamed stat

:laugh2:

xabial
Probly

Lakersho
I know it's too early but with the way a bunch of eastern teams are improving do you think that next year we will see a more balanced system in terms of east vs west. Could this be the beging of having the power more balanced than having all the powerhouse in the west and only 2 in the east.
also interesting sorry just had to add this in, amare and boozer are in the east, bosh was the bigman in the east aside from howard. but now you got bosh, boozer, howard and amare going at it. come allstar weekend. who is more likely to be left out of the allstar game.( not including howard because he's at the 5)

...i sure hope so, seeing the east 6 thru 8 having below .500 records and going to the playoffs is outta line. now maybe teams like: cavs this year, orl. , winning so many games because tank teams 4 more or less free wins per . always lotto bound teams . its ridiculous... i say stat...

LTBaByyy
07-07-2010, 11:08 PM
Amare....

You do know the fans vote right???

He's in NY!!! He's gonna start on the eastern all star team

He started on the west last year!!! Over dirk and pau, When the west is full of all star pf's

*Silver&Black*
07-07-2010, 11:09 PM
Last time I checked, KG, Bogut, Horford and Josh Smith is in the East too. So it wasn't just always Howard and Bosh.

BALLER R
07-07-2010, 11:10 PM
Thats what im saying competition would be better, like the west you have to fight all season long for a playoff spot. one night ur 2nd you lose 3 games and your out of the playoffs. in the east teams go on long losing streak and in the end still have a chance at being in the playoffs

_KB24_
07-07-2010, 11:11 PM
Check that, Amare is going to be starting most likely. When was the last time a Knick started a ASG? Was it Ewing? Thought of Allan Houston but second thought said no. Answer?

*Silver&Black*
07-07-2010, 11:12 PM
Thats what im saying competition would be better, like the west you have to fight all season long for a playoff spot. one night ur 2nd you lose 3 games and your out of the playoffs. in the east teams go on long losing streak and in the end still have a chance at being in the playoffs

Okay, got ya.

BALLER R
07-07-2010, 11:12 PM
Last time I checked, KG, Bogut, Horford and Josh Smith is in the East too. So it wasn't just always Howard and Bosh.

yea good point, but i was more refering to you know bosh and howard would start in an allstar game, and KG sorry thats who i was forgetting. but now im saying its not so easy.

Ollie Tabooger
07-07-2010, 11:13 PM
Orlando, Boston, Chicago, Miami, Atlanta, maybe New York (depending if they get Lebron), maybe Milwaukee, will all be forces to be reckoned with next season.

BALLER R
07-07-2010, 11:17 PM
Orlando, Boston, Chicago, Miami, Atlanta, maybe New York (depending if they get Lebron), maybe Milwaukee, will all be forces to be reckoned with next season.

thats the whole east playoff standing lol...wonder whos gonna take the last playoff spot

Chicagofaithful
07-07-2010, 11:18 PM
You do know the fans vote right???

He's in NY!!! He's gonna start on the eastern all star team

He started on the west last year!!! Over dirk and pau, When the west is full of all star pf's

in that case Bosh... cuz miami has the least amount of fans

Pierzynski4Prez
07-07-2010, 11:19 PM
bobcats

THE MTL
07-07-2010, 11:21 PM
I say there is no big Shift in power. I just think its a balancing.....Heat/Knicks/Bulls/Nets.....ESPECIALLY Nets & Knicks......tanked or semi-tanked for this summer. Now the league, has four New buyers in the market.

DCB/LAL
07-07-2010, 11:52 PM
YES!! And nobody benefits more from this shift in power than the BEST TEAM IN THE NBA the LAKERS you know how much easier this makes it for them to get to the Finals now? And how much tougher it makes it for teams in the EAST their gonna beat each other up to get to the finals.

bklynny67
07-08-2010, 12:16 AM

lol ok calm down hawks fan. Horford isnt allowed in the convo when people are talking about big men like Bosh, Amar'e, DHoward, etc... he doesnt compare to those guys yet.

soonabooma
07-08-2010, 12:38 AM
The East is getting stronger, but the West is still the best. There's still way too much balance even with guys like Amare/Boozer going out East. It's a true race for the 1-8 spots becuz there are so many solid teams. In the East, it's still gonna be the top 4-5 teams, and then the 2nd tier, with at least a couple of teams getting in with a .500 record or even a below .500 record. So the West is still where it's at. :cool:

*Silver&Black*
07-08-2010, 12:45 AM
lol ok calm down hawks fan. Horford isnt allowed in the convo when people are talking about big men like Bosh, Amar'e, DHoward, etc... he doesnt compare to those guys yet.

All-stars is what this discussion was about. Last I checked, he was.;) In fact, he was the 2nd Center of the East team last year.

soonabooma
07-08-2010, 12:51 AM
YES!! And nobody benefits more from this shift in power than the BEST TEAM IN THE NBA the LAKERS you know how much easier this makes it for them to get to the Finals now? And how much tougher it makes it for teams in the EAST their gonna beat each other up to get to the finals.

That's totally crazy son. Do you honestly think it's gonna be any easier for the Lakers now just becuz Boozer and Amare are no longer with their respective teams? They've still gotta deal with Dallas and Denver, and also two very good young dangerous teams in Portland and OKC, both of which have proven they can give the Lakers all they want. And who knows who else might get good? The West is still a gauntlet.

Raph12
07-08-2010, 01:31 AM
The shift in power had already happened a couple years ago, the East had 3 of the top 4 teams in the league (Orlando, Boston, Cleveland and LA). Now it'll be Orlando, Boston, Miami, New York (if Lebron signs there), Chicago and Atlanta in the East, with LA, Portland, Dallas, San Antonio and Oklahoma legit powers in the West.

TopsyTurvy
07-08-2010, 02:00 AM
Even if Lebron were to join the Heat or Bulls, I can't see a team coming from the East and consistently beating the Lakers in a best of 7 series or even matching up too well with a team like OKC or Denver.

For all the free agency moves, the only impact may be the immediate markets surrounding the teams.

ElMarroAfamado
07-08-2010, 02:05 AM

oh god

The Raven
07-08-2010, 05:18 AM
With the amount of star players going to the East, it seems like the quality in the East just picked up, Should be fun to watch who gets out of the East Conference Champions