PDA

View Full Version : Free agency big winner, the lakers!!! Its all good...

DC Laker
07-07-2010, 05:40 PM
This has been a GREAT couple weeks for the Lakers.

There is SOOOOOO much attention to the guys fighting for Dollars that it seems people are forgetting there there is a 2 Time defending Champ sitting on the West Coast.

Discussions about how many titles pairs or trios of Free Agnets can win r RIDICULOUS!!!

HOW ARE THE LAKERS THE BIG WINNERS???

The 2 teams LA has faces in reaching the Finals the last 2 season have suffered BIG losses.

Suns lose Amare', Utah has now lost Boozer... Even the Spurs are Considering trading Tony Parker (GREAT FOR US... HE KILLS US).

In addition NOBODY in the West has gotten any better!!! Even the Draft sent John Wall, E. Turner, and Favors to the EAST!!!

The Road to another Finals just got a step or two easier!!! Pencil LA in for a FEW more trips to the Finals. Once there, who knows?!?!?!?

That can't be underestimated. Many thought the Cav's would beat LA last year in the Finals... but they never got out of the East!!! Even if they attempt to toss 3 super stars on one team... Orlando, Boston, New York, Chicago, Atlanta and others will all stand in the way of a super team ever reaching the Finals.

Who knows who will come out of the East next season... but I know the Lakers will be there and so do you!

BigGuy951
07-07-2010, 05:47 PM
I never noticed how much weaker the west got..Hmm, nice point, but then again, never ease up on the throttle. Now that the East is better, we must prepare to beat them now. We have to get Bell/McGrady and another vet C to back up Bynum to really dominate. Not to mention we need Fisher back. This is great news for the reg. season and the first rounds of the playoffs, but we need to get tougher for when it counts.

snspacer31
07-07-2010, 05:49 PM
hey i don't think we beat boston with out home court soooo that is great news... home court is very very damn important

still1ballin
07-07-2010, 06:07 PM
I just noticed this too. I am happy about this. Let the east fight themselves. It is about time. I am tired of going against all the good teams in the west to get to the finals. There is no team out there in the west that can be a threat to the Lakers. I look foward to a 60+ win season. The only team that can be scary is the Thunder, but they still can beat us in a 7 game series.

lalalakerz09
07-07-2010, 06:13 PM
This has been a GREAT couple weeks for the Lakers.

There is SOOOOOO much attention to the guys fighting for Dollars that it seems people are forgetting there there is a 2 Time defending Champ sitting on the West Coast.

Discussions about how many titles pairs or trios of Free Agnets can win r RIDICULOUS!!!

HOW ARE THE LAKERS THE BIG WINNERS???

The 2 teams LA has faces in reaching the Finals the last 2 season have suffered BIG losses.

Suns lose Amare', Utah has now lost Boozer... Even the Spurs are Considering trading Tony Parker (GREAT FOR US... HE KILLS US).

In addition NOBODY in the West has gotten any better!!! Even the Draft sent John Wall, E. Turner, and Favors to the EAST!!!

The Road to another Finals just got a step or two easier!!! Pencil LA in for a FEW more trips to the Finals. Once there, who knows?!?!?!?

That can't be underestimated. Many thought the Cav's would beat LA last year in the Finals... but they never got out of the East!!! Even if they attempt to toss 3 super stars on one team... Orlando, Boston, New York, Chicago, Atlanta and others will all stand in the way of a super team ever reaching the Finals.

Who knows who will come out of the East next season... but I know the Lakers will be there and so do you!

Dont get too excited..try to be alittle humble because the BIG prize is not being WC champs it is the gold trophy!!! The East is and will be a whole lot stronger now so I agree that we better get our bench in order. Now we cannot afford to trade Odom unless someone gives us a Gasol type deal. We still need a quick PG that can score (Morrow). Sasha cant keep up with them and has an unreliable shot like most of our bench guys. As much as I didnt like Farmar that much he was our quick guy off the bench. Now we dont have anyone.....Shannon may leave too then we will really be without the quickness needed to play an uptempo game. It should be interesting once LBJ signs with NY or CLE. Looks like maybe Chicago is out of the running. If LBJ goes to MIA we better sign some players to at least neutralize Wade. Not worried so much about Bosh and well LBJ cant be stopped like Kobe.

Zefflin
07-07-2010, 06:22 PM
Not worried so much about Bosh and well LBJ cant be stopped like Kobe.

That's weird cause Kobe hasn't been stopped for 2 years now and Lebron has every year..

New Power House
07-07-2010, 06:30 PM
I just noticed this too. I am happy about this. Let the east fight themselves. It is about time. I am tired of going against all the good teams in the west to get to the finals. There is no team out there in the west that can be a threat to the Lakers. I look foward to a 60+ win season. The only team that can be scary is the Thunder, but they still can beat us in a 7 game series.

Blazers are another threat and they have our number. Now,if Lebron goes to Miami if will not be as easy as to play Boston or any other team. This team will have the best trio ever to play together in a long time. Buss is watching this and he is maybe thinking how he is going to enhance his already loaded team to face this possible three headed monster. If Lebron goes Chicago then it will be more even and the Lakers as they are will be the front runners. Lebron is holding the last card and for the look of the other two,I feel that he is going to join them. They know something for sure. Michael Wilbon was so happy when he was interviewing them. He is a laker hater!

Jack Daniels
07-07-2010, 06:46 PM
The Thunder just locked up Durant for 5 years, I wouldn't sleep on them for a second... I actually think that secured the strength of the west for years to come.

New Power House
07-07-2010, 06:50 PM
The Thunder just locked up Durant for 5 years, I wouldn't sleep on them for a second... I actually think that secured the strength of the west for years to come.

Kobe and Bynum were playing on one leg. Artest was new in the system and our bench was bad. This next season Blake is in and more to come. Kobe and Bynum will take care of their injuries and Gasol will be fresher.

numba1CHANGsta
07-07-2010, 06:52 PM
With Amare and Boozer gone who will be the best 1-2 punch to challenge Kobe-Pau out West?:shrug:

Vinylman
07-07-2010, 06:59 PM
With Amare and Boozer gone who will be the best 1-2 punch to challenge Kobe-Pau out West?:shrug:

to early to say... once Lebroom signs then the trade market will get extremely active... I would watch San Antonio/Denver/Portland/OKC and see what they do in the trade market.

KillaInstinct24
07-07-2010, 07:03 PM
u guys forgot OKC is better

PraiseJesus
07-07-2010, 07:04 PM
Melo is leaving Denver too

The west is a barren wasteland

BigGuy951
07-07-2010, 07:07 PM
OKC is still a threat but the rest is trash.

numba1CHANGsta
07-07-2010, 07:09 PM
to early to say... once Lebroom signs then the trade market will get extremely active... I would watch San Antonio/Denver/Portland/OKC and see what they do in the trade market.

Those teams dont have anyone close to Kobe-Pau combo and it would take a big trade to make it work. Spurs have an old Duncan, Denver has Melo, POR have Roy, and OKC have Durant but no sidekicks for each...

Lakerfrk
07-07-2010, 07:22 PM
I think its funny how no one mentions Dallas :laugh:

Bruno
07-07-2010, 07:32 PM

Does some talent leaving the West for the East mean more wins for the Lakers, and less for LeBron and Wade wherever they sign? If the Lakers have the best record Kobe could be looking at MVP #2.

Dirk and KD have resigned out west though..

lakers4sho
07-07-2010, 07:36 PM
It's the Lakers against the rest of the league...I'm lovin' it.

truplayer199
07-07-2010, 07:46 PM

Dallas can give us some serious problems.

teckmunny
07-07-2010, 07:50 PM
I agree hat the west is getting weaker this year! I only think that th dallas mavericks and maybe denver but thats about it! There loosing players in the west! If we get a few bench players that can contribute we are going to be even better than last year! Three peat kids!

still1ballin
07-07-2010, 09:17 PM
Dallas can give us some serious problems.

If they can make it out of the 1st round.

DC Laker
07-07-2010, 09:26 PM
There are obviously still moves that can be made...

BUT Dallas could be losing Brendon Haywood, Not sure what happens with San Antonio and Richard Jefferson...

Portland is always a threat, but they Traded Webster away for nothing.... and they used to have Steve Blake bombing 3's on us... ummmmm...

I just read that Shaq is considering joining the Spurs, but do the Lakers really care???

Obviously there is no lock involved, but its nice to see the road clear out a little!!!

lake100
07-07-2010, 09:49 PM
You need to have stronger competition. The fact that the West is getting, supposedly, weaker, does not help the Lakers. As it is, they tend to loose interest during the regular season and having their rivals get only smaller in size does not help to motivate them.

I can only hope the West really attempt's to kick the Lakers butt hard much like Houston did and Oklahoma did during the playoffs to elevate their game. I don't want to see these large, mirage, Laker wins that lead to false confidence and complacency.

Let's hope the Western teams hear all this mess that their no longer considered worthy opponents to the Lakers and bring their "A" game every night.:cool:

Vinylman
07-07-2010, 10:10 PM
allen resigns with boston so thats one less guy we need to be concerned about coming west

2 years ... $20 million :speechless:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AsIDLkf77MWq5WwHsmsocBw5nYcB?slug=ys-allenceltics070710

Lakerland USA
07-07-2010, 10:16 PM
We still have OKC, Denver, and maybe Dallas and Portland to deal with.

Storch
07-07-2010, 10:28 PM
Actually the West is not weaker, its just that the old strong teams are being replaced by new strong teams like the thunder and trailblazers

Fireworld
07-07-2010, 10:52 PM
Dallas and Denver will be challenging for us, we didn't have to face them this year. I still think we will beat them but I wouldn't say the road to the Finals has gotten easier.

Fireworld
07-07-2010, 10:57 PM
Did Y'all hear about the Lebron James iPhone? It's comes with no ring. :D

plpfctn
07-07-2010, 10:57 PM
Bottom line is Lakers are the REAL champions and everyone else DREAMS about being a champion.

Fireworld
07-07-2010, 11:21 PM
When all the big stars sign with teams and sign roll players, everyone will start comparing them to the Lakers. Mean while...The defending champs are under the radar making small tweaks. I can't wait till we play these dream teams! We've all been through this with the Payton-Malone team. What did we learn? You need a TEAM to win!

Iron24th
07-07-2010, 11:59 PM

You mean "they can't"

Penetra8r
07-08-2010, 12:07 AM
Durant and the Thunder will be knocking on our door

junion
07-08-2010, 12:08 AM
i feel that the lakers are the team to beat in the west, but we can't forget about okc, the blazers, denver, and dallas. these teams failed this year, but that's because they were beaten by better teams - who eventually lost to better teams, who eventualy lost to the lakers. but these better teams lost key players (boozer, amare), so the teams THEY beat are still dangerous.

will they beat the lakers, I don't think so, but they'll make it tough.

as the champions, the lakers can sit back and think that because of these acquisition and moves, the west is weaker.. it's actually the opposite.. the whole nba will just get harder. last year, opponents get up to play more and harder against the champs... imagine what teams will do and how much harder they'll work to knock off the TWO time champs!

this year has to be like last year - but more... squash all opponents, and don't give them any hope because they will be ready to take on the lakers.

the #1 threat, imo, is the thunder. durant, and the young core are a team with that much more experience and youth... scary.

robdog_5
07-08-2010, 12:16 AM
meanwhile Portland, Houston and OKC easily the 3 toughest opps for the Lakers are not going away and the teams knocking them off will be.

XDanny
07-08-2010, 12:39 AM
lol sorry but if lebron goes to miami, then you guys have probably less than 0% chance to beat miami in a 7 game series. i'm being generous with my 0% you guys would not make them sweat it would be too easy for them

Avenged
07-08-2010, 12:41 AM
lol sorry but if lebron goes to miami, then you guys have probably less than 0% chance to beat miami in a 7 game series. i'm being generous with my 0% you guys would not make them sweat it would be too easy for them

Doubtful. If the Lakers manage to take that team to a game 7, I don't see why you think it would be such a cake walk for them. A game 7 usually means the teams are pretty even and going back and forth. It's not the same as a 3-0 lead.

gr824
07-08-2010, 12:55 AM

You do understand the fact that, if Miami were to get Wade, James, and Bosh, the franchise would have little or no Cap space remaining and would likely be down to just four players [ those three + either Chalmers or Beasley ] on the roster ... The rest of the men they would sign in order to fill the roster would be minimum players by necessity ...

A squad like that might be strong for 30-35 MPG, but it probably could not perform at a championship level for 48 MPG for weeks [ i.e., during four playoff rounds ] at a time ... But I do not want to spoil your fantasy, so dream on ...

CalJo1617
07-08-2010, 01:18 AM

the miami bandwagon has officially opened it doors.....:facepalm:

Anilyzer
07-08-2010, 01:24 AM
yeah it's great that Houston or Oklahoma didn't get Bosh.

CP3 could still somehow land in Oklahoma, though, which would be bad. But the Lakers are clearly equipped to play against the Spurs, Thunder and Rockets (and Trailblazers).

In the East it looks like Orlando/Miami/Boston and the Lakers should be ready to take that on. Bulls aren't really a challenge, Wizards won't be there, and the Lebron Knicks won't be close to the Finals next year.

I still think there could be an Odom or Bynum trade though... or Sasha sign and trade to the Clippers for Blake and another free agent... it will heat up tomorrow I bet.

whitemamba33
07-08-2010, 01:49 AM
I'm not a fan of hoping other teams get worse.