PDA

View Full Version : Is Basketball On the Brink Of Its First Golden Era Since The Jordan Days?

yanks 4lif3
07-07-2010, 05:36 PM
Hey guys with the Free Agency Period marking a new era in basketball, with the Eastern Conference teams (Heat, Hawks, Knicks?, Bulls) on the rise to join the Celtics and Magic, with the Lakers currently dominating the NBA and with the highest ratings in the Finals since 2004, is basketball set to enjoy another golden era run?

ManRam
07-07-2010, 05:38 PM
Potentially.

I did here from many experts and former players saying that these would be the two most important weeks in THE HISTORY of the NBA.

Certainly looks like it could be. Stern has too be absolutely euphoric right now.

themadstork
07-07-2010, 05:38 PM
There is going to be a work stoppage next year...an ugly one. No golden era here.

-Stork

GSW Hoops
07-07-2010, 05:40 PM
There is going to be a work stoppage next year...an ugly one. No golden era here.

-Stork

Yeah...

Giants99
07-07-2010, 06:31 PM

-Stork

Seriously?

if there is another work stoppage, put a fork in the NBA, cause its over.

last lockout killed the 90s golden era of the NBA and they still havent reached that point again

PLAYERS FAN
07-07-2010, 06:35 PM
Hey guys with the Free Agency Period marking a new era in basketball, with the Eastern Conference teams (Heat, Hawks, Knicks?, Bulls) on the rise to join the Celtics and Magic, with the Lakers currently dominating the NBA and with the highest ratings in the Finals since 2004, is basketball set to enjoy another golden era run?

I hope so.

Bornknick73
07-07-2010, 06:47 PM
Its looking that way. Miami with Bosh and Wade, NY with STAT and the King, Chi with Rose Boozer Noah Ray-Ray. I think the Eastern Conference is on the rise again bigtime.

And Yes I think the King is coming to NYC.

FrenchSunsFan
07-07-2010, 06:57 PM
You can sign LBJ and Wade too you ll never be champion (4 the Knicks fans cause you have D Antoni one of the worst NBA coach , you can believe me i know him this guy can make play Lebron center and Wade power forward.

spreadeagle
07-07-2010, 06:58 PM
Not if ur a Raptor fan...:facepalm:

HOWE do i do it
07-07-2010, 07:01 PM
Its looking that way. Miami with Bosh and Wade, NY with STAT and the King, Chi with Rose Boozer Noah Ray-Ray. I think the Eastern Conference is on the rise again bigtime.

didnt realize lebron already decided :D

ABOMB_56
07-07-2010, 07:15 PM
It is one the way to a Golden Era, if and only if they work out the CBA and don't have a work stoppage next year. :pray:

5,000th post :up:

TEXASTITAN
07-07-2010, 07:23 PM
Back then players cared about the game not their image or stringing the fans and the league along. Those days are gone and they wont come back because the players have changed and the game along with it.

tangent12
07-07-2010, 07:27 PM
Its looking that way. Miami with Bosh and Wade, NY with STAT and... STAT :o , Chi with Rose Boozer Noah BronBron. I think the Eastern Conference is on the rise again bigtime.

And Yes I think the King is coming to NYC. Not really heheh IDK

You're a funny and sneaky one. I fixed it for you. :D

*Silver&Black*
07-07-2010, 07:31 PM

Thanks for giving Hawks rep.;)

5+7=DYNASTY!!!
07-07-2010, 07:32 PM
If Lebron comes to NY and the Bulls can add another solid guard the NBA will be very entertaining next season.

_KB24_
07-07-2010, 07:50 PM
I don't know. The 90's was all basketball, even though I still believe the quality of competition is better today and is going to get that much better next season. The NHL and UFC are quickly becoming ever so popular nowadays, and I don't think any one sport can dominate an era like it was back then.

kArSoN RyDaH
07-07-2010, 07:51 PM
how was the 90s a golden era when one team dominated the whole thing? just like the 90s the 2010's will be dominated, BY THE LAKERS!!! maybe a golden era in terms of ratings watching the lakers vs bulls or lakers vs miami in finals but idkkk

ILMindState
07-07-2010, 07:52 PM

-Stork

This

JNA17
07-07-2010, 07:54 PM
no, this whole FA has made the nba look worse.

97NYer
07-07-2010, 07:56 PM
I think if LeBron goes to New York, the east is stacked.

1. NY (LeBron/STAT)
2. Miami (Wade/Bosh)
3. Orlando
4. Chicago (Boozer/shooters)
5. Boston
6. Atlanta
7. Milwaukee
8. New Jersey (David Lee, Avery Johnson)

*Silver&Black*
07-07-2010, 08:02 PM

1. NY (LeBron/STAT)
2. Miami (Wade/Bosh)
3. Orlando
5. Boston
6. Atlanta
7. Milwaukee

You think Bulls jumped Hawks and C's without Lebron? Well, nevermind. You have Knicks #1. You're not serious.

RAptorsNExtYeaR
07-07-2010, 08:03 PM

Did Ray Allen sign with the Bulls??? Is it official???

kArSoN RyDaH
07-07-2010, 08:04 PM
no, this whole FA has made the nba look worse.

x2. this whole free agency 'spectacle' and press i think has damaged the image of the nba. never have i seen anything like this. players having fun with it. its ridiculous. working the system to create stacked squads. ill miss the days when GMs and Coaches created teams not players.

SANDBURG23
07-07-2010, 08:11 PM

Dont forget the up and coming Thunder and Trailblazers, both those can take huge jumps this year to. Both got tons of great young players still getting better. I agree though I would love to see 8 legitment teams to win the title.

yanks 4lif3
07-07-2010, 08:13 PM

1. NY (LeBron/STAT)
2. Miami (Wade/Bosh)
3. Orlando
5. Boston
6. Atlanta
7. Milwaukee

Complete homer-ism right here...wake up and realize that NY (even with LeBron) and Miami still have ALOT of holes.

Korman12
07-07-2010, 08:14 PM
Nah. Basketball fans like it but the casual fan doesn't care as much any more. This whole free agency period is interesting, yes, and it's always good to change the makeup of the NBA every once in a while, but the casual fan doesn't care about that.

It's the NFL golden era now, and it has been for years.

nr19
07-07-2010, 08:16 PM
Golden age? almost half the NBA teams are barely surviving.

The league as a whole is a total disaster, their books are awful. Financially the league is far worse off than the NHL and could be heading towards a lock-out.

Oh, and other than about 10 teams the product is garbage and pretty much unwatchable during the regular season.

*Silver&Black*
Complete homer-ism right here...wake up and realize that NY (even with LeBron) and Miami still have ALOT of holes.

Thank you. I know Heat will get vets, but right now, Wade and Bosh with what they have shouldn't scare anyone named Magic, Celtics, Cavs?, Hawks, Bucks IMO.

JNA17

1. NY (LeBron/STAT)
2. Miami (Wade/Bosh)
3. Orlando
5. Boston
6. Atlanta
7. Milwaukee

one of the worst posts i have ever seen in my life here in PSD

IndiansFan337
07-07-2010, 09:58 PM

Yes. Both conferences are deep right now.

There's a huge gap between the top teams & the bottom feeders.

Ray_R
07-07-2010, 10:43 PM
IfLBJ signs with Heat then it would honestly ruin it.

RaiderLakersA's
07-08-2010, 12:48 AM

-Stork

Exactly.

Besides, I for one would have to say that I like the current era of 2000's more than I liked the Jordan era. But that's just me.

THE MTL
07-08-2010, 02:00 AM
Only if Lebron comes to NYC.

You have:

NYC w/ Bron & Amare
Miami w/ Bosh & Wade
Chi w/ Rose & Boozer/Noah
Celtics w/ Big Four
Orlando w/ Howard & company

TopsyTurvy
07-08-2010, 02:21 AM
No golden era. Looking beyond a possible lockout, the new CBA will allow teams even more leverage to keep their superstars on lockdown (through offering even more $$$$) to prevent this situation from repeating itself in 4 years.

shep33
07-08-2010, 02:38 AM
If he goes to Miami no it gets worse. We have too many sub-par teams in the east, this makes it worse. Once Boston slows down in a year or so, that leaves them and Orlando... maybe Chicago if they can get a few more players.

Blazers#1Fan
07-08-2010, 02:59 AM
Chris brossard is sayin LBJ to heat hahaaaa Knicks wont even get into the playoffs next year....sorry spike the nets will be better

i think heat get Shaq/Bigz for MLE and get luke ridnour and Haslem

Shaq/BigZ/Pittman
Bosh/Haslem/Varnado
LBJ/Butler
Wade/(MLE)
Chalmers/Ridnour

yanks 4lif3
07-08-2010, 03:13 AM
Chris brossard is sayin LBJ to heat hahaaaa Knicks wont even get into the playoffs next year....sorry spike the nets will be better

i think heat get Shaq/Bigz for MLE and get luke ridnour and Haslem

Shaq/BigZ/Pittman
Bosh/Haslem/Varnado
LBJ/Butler
Wade/(MLE)
Chalmers/Ridnour

Goddamn, can we get more intelligent posters and not marks in my thread?

idrinkpepsi
07-08-2010, 03:36 AM
If there is a lockout, no golden era... if not then let the era begin!

Giants-49ers-Ws
07-08-2010, 04:22 AM
^ agreed

and i kinda want to see LBJ in south beach now...lakers-heat finals next year if thats the case