PDA

View Full Version : Yahoosports: If Lebron leaves Cle, what does that say to the rest of the country?

JordansBulls
07-07-2010, 04:09 PM
Link (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-lebrondecision070710)

James never shared that town’s angst with the Browns and Indians. He wanted winners in his life, and rooted for the Dallas Cowboys and New York Yankees. He doesn’t feel the pain of a city’s broken heart. Shaquille O’Neal leaving the Orlando Magic for the Los Angeles Lakers 14 years ago was a hard hit, but LeBron bailing on Cleveland is far more devastating on a different level.

Everyone ridicules Cleveland, makes it a butt of jokes, but LeBron James has the chance to change all of that. And even then, it has to crush Cleveland’s sporting psyche that James could still walk out. If one of our own won’t stay, what does that say to the rest of the country?

That’s the hardest part here, and that makes the possibility that James would go on national television – with those split-screen shots of stunned fans in Akron and Cleveland – and completely crush those people so impossible to believe. He couldn’t be that cold, that callous, that cunning? Or perhaps, maybe this is all a rollout – the website, the Twitter page and the infomercial – to introduce a new LeBron, a new city, to the world.

LionBryan
07-07-2010, 04:10 PM
It essentially says to the rest of the country that a basketball player has left the Cavaliers via Free Agency.

MaHaRaJaH
07-07-2010, 04:11 PM
It essentially says to the rest of the country that a basketball player has left the Cavaliers via Free Agency.

Lmao +1

ManRam
07-07-2010, 04:12 PM
Joakim Noah was right :hide: ????

I will legitamtely feel terrible for Cleveland. Living in Pittsburgh for three years, we have a bit of a rivalry and I don't hold that city in too high of regards. But LeBron means more to that city than any other player means to his (CP3 and the Saints have been very important for their city's well-being too), and perhaps more than any other player ever. But Bosh made it clear he didn't want to go there, at any cost. Noah did consistently rip the town. And it is the butt of many jokes.

The one reason I wish he stays is for those fans and that city. But that's the only reason. I think it's best for him and his career to leave frankly.

JordansBulls
07-07-2010, 04:13 PM
He will learn the hard way that the only thing the media loves more than hyping someone up is tearing them down.

:punish

R_O_W_E
07-07-2010, 04:15 PM
Cleveland would do it all over again if they could even if he leaves.

These last 7 years have been a breath of fresh air for Cleveland as a city, and the Cavaliers franchise. The main problem will always come down to Cleveland not consistently doing what it takes to put a Championship team around LeBron rather than just a winning team.

Larry Hughes
Drew Gooden
Ira Newble
Damon Jones
Jamario Moon

The list goes on.

When Mo Williams is the best player LeBron played with in Cleveland then that is a real problem.

BigBlueCrew
07-07-2010, 04:15 PM
It says peace out Cleveland

Hello do you remember the Ravens??? Lebron is just a man. Not only did Art Modell take the whole damn team with him they won a Super Bowl 5 years later. How does that feel. People leave their home towns all the time.

PraiseJesus
07-07-2010, 04:16 PM
LeBron cant change that....

Cleveland is a dive

ugafan
07-07-2010, 04:17 PM
I'd rather live in Detroit than Cleveland...maybe.

It sucks.

yankees_fan_crz
07-07-2010, 04:19 PM
During his last game there, didn't the fans walk out on him? He gave them all he could and now its time to move on to bigger and better things!

Allstar21
07-07-2010, 04:25 PM
i was born in cleveland and i really hope lebron leaves

the cav's dont deserve him

Human FlameShld
07-07-2010, 04:28 PM
Amare left Phoenix, Bosh left Toronto, MJ retired from Chicago and Washington what does that say about those cities.

What does that say about those cities....Lebron isn't going to leave because of anything negative about his hometown, he wants championships so the city is irrelevant in this case.

PraiseJesus
07-07-2010, 04:30 PM
The CLE fans will still follow him wherever he goes. They will kiss his nutz whenever he comes home.

amoore87
07-07-2010, 04:30 PM
it says you owe nobody anything..live your life and do what you want..especially when EVERY1 wants you

Melo15
07-07-2010, 04:38 PM
The CLE fans will still follow him wherever he goes. They will kiss his nutz whenever he comes home.

I live in the Cleveland area and I can guarantee you thats not the case. If he leaves he will become public enemy number 1 tied alongside Art Modell. I'm not a Cavs fan but obviously just about everyone else around here is and they all have said to me that if LeBron leaves they will boo him to no end and will burn everything LeBron that they have.

nysportsfan23
07-07-2010, 04:40 PM
Cleveland please stop crying
Other than it being his hometown, the only advantage Cleveland has is a lower cost of living and a quieter lifestyle when compared to Miami/Chicago/NY/LA. Plus the $30 million contract advantage. If you don't believe this, you are either delusional or posses a high level of personal bull****.
If he does in fact stay, I wish him good luck winning with that team and more competition.

infernoscurse
07-07-2010, 04:41 PM
it just says that NY is and always be the greatest city in the world :D

static_inferno
07-07-2010, 04:44 PM
I think the first part of the article is more important than the parts highlighted by the OP:

The Championship of Me comes crashing into a primetime cable infomercial that LeBron James and his cronies have been working to make happen for months, a slow, cynical churning of manufactured drama that sports has never witnessed. As historic monuments go, this is the Rushmore of basketball hubris and narcissism. The vacuous star for our vacuous times. All about ‘Bron and all about nothing.

James is throwing a few foosball tables at Boys & Girls Clubs, an empty gesture out of the empty superstar. He’s turned free agency into the title of our times, a preening pageant of fawning, begging and pleading. Hard-working people are dragged into municipalities and told to hold signs, chant scripted slogans and beg a diva who doesn’t care about them to accept a $100 million contract.
Which is true. lebron is treating this free agency as a huge marketing ploy. By all means he has the right to do so, but it's just the biggest diva in the NBA having the entire world look at him again after his team failed to win where it matters the most.

D-Leethal
07-07-2010, 04:45 PM
Ask Kevin Garnett how well staying loyal to a small market franchise in bumble**** did for him??? He will tell you he wished he bounced Minny the first chance he got.....

The Cavs had 7 years to build a contender for Lebron and failed, they have minimal assets, no caproom, and little room for improvement.............can anyone blame Lebron for leaving ???? Does anyone think he would leave if he had a legit team he could grow with and win multiple titles and not a bunch of over the hill bums ??? He tried to get Bosh to come, and like everyone else, Bosh wanted no part of Ohio

what54!?
07-07-2010, 04:47 PM
cleveland is pretty much ****ed. they wouldn't be getting a player of lebron's level for a long time (if ever again)

I would feel bad for cleveland though. They can't catch a break

_KB24_
07-07-2010, 04:50 PM
It says it's time to relocate. I mean have you ever heard someone say I'm going to Cleveland? *Joakim Noah voice* :laugh2:

nysportsfan23
07-07-2010, 04:53 PM
Who here is moving to Cleveland or wants to? Especially from ny fla Cali Chicago? I doubt many

heattiltheend94
07-07-2010, 04:53 PM
Stays=loves his hometown
Chicago=want to be the best player (michael jordan)
Miami=wants to win and is humble
New York=Media whore

Jenceman
07-07-2010, 04:55 PM
Stays=loves his hometown
New York=Media whore

I like how the Heat option is the only positive one :laugh2:

He's a media whore regardless.

uws
07-07-2010, 04:55 PM
dumb article, "what does it say to the rest of the country?" get over it cleveland sucks, and the fact is bron wants to stay despite it sucking as a place BUT the team isnt good enough to win on! THAT will be why he leaves. Cleveland is a terrible place for sports, they couldnt even win when they got lebron in the draft and built a team around him. get over it

Sly Guy
07-07-2010, 04:56 PM
it says if you wanna keep your best player, surround him with competent players of serviceable value, without handicapping your franchise with bad contracts in the process.

sep11ie
07-07-2010, 04:56 PM
Stays=loves his hometown
New York=Media whore

How the hell does that make any sense whatsoever?

There is not a face or a palm big enough for that.

Knowledge
07-07-2010, 04:58 PM
Stays=loves his hometown
Chicago= wants to play with better players
Miami=wants to play with better players
New York= wants play with another all star

Fixed

All this FA shows is that if you dont surround your best player with other good players, he may just leave you. Role players are good, but if you want to win a championship, you need other elite players (not just one).

sep11ie
He should leave Cleveland. That team is crumbling, fast. Bad contracts, overrated players, and its just a crap town. Even the rivers there catch on fire, thats the water trying to escape that place.

nysportsfan23
Clevelands people magnet... Drew Carey? Rock and roll hof? Something I'm missing?

mikantsass
07-07-2010, 05:04 PM
It will stem a very serious debate. A debate that will be never ending with no clear cut answer...... Who is the worst? Cavs? Browns? Indians?

IDB Josh M
07-07-2010, 05:12 PM
It will stem a very serious debate. A debate that will be never ending with no clear cut answer...... Who is the worst? Cavs? Browns? Indians?

To quote Tarentino's character from Reservoir Dogs, "Mr. Brown is too close to Mr. (KaKa)"

_KB24_
07-07-2010, 05:17 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evzSA7_yJHw

God hates them. :D

JordansBulls
07-07-2010, 05:46 PM
It says it's time to relocate. I mean have you ever heard someone say I'm going to Cleveland? *Joakim Noah voice* :laugh2:

No offense, but If I am a millionaire there is no way I want to live in Cleveland.

The Jokemaker
07-07-2010, 05:55 PM
I think all of this is a little overblown. I mean to essentially put the livelihood of an entire CITY at the hands of a basketball player is ridiculous. It's actually pathetic at this point. So he leaves, well ya should have done better to acquire Amare Stoudemire during the SEASON to keep Lebron. No but JJ Hickson is too good to trade.... At least we'll get to see how good JJ will be if Lebron does leave. Don't blame Lebron for the failure of your city's sports and for leaving and doing what he feels is best for his career.

JordansBulls
07-07-2010, 07:42 PM
I think all of this is a little overblown. I mean to essentially put the livelihood of an entire CITY at the hands of a basketball player is ridiculous.

I can agree with that. But for many people the only bright spot in their lives is sports.

_KB24_
07-07-2010, 07:42 PM
No offense, but If I am a millionaire there is no way I want to live in Cleveland.

JB, do you think the possibility of relocating them out of Cleveland is a legit topic? St. Louis, Seattle, and Vancouver can be potentially better suitors.

Raph12
07-07-2010, 08:00 PM
It means no one will be going there for vacation anymore and Mo Williams swag will take a HUGE hit, thank god.

IndiansFan337
07-07-2010, 10:02 PM

False. I will despise him if he departs from Cleveland this summer.

The Jokemaker
07-07-2010, 10:08 PM
I can agree with that. But for many people the only bright spot in their lives is sports.

If that's true then these people need psychiatric care asap. If the only thing you have worth living for in your life is sports then there are more serious issues here than Lebron staying or leaving.

I mean I like sports, but if the Yanks or Dolphins lose it doesn't ruin my week/life.

Bornknick73
07-07-2010, 10:29 PM
If that's true then these people need psychiatric care asap. If the only thing you have worth living for in your life is sports then there are more serious issues here than Lebron staying or leaving.

I mean I like sports, but if the Yanks or Dolphins lose it doesn't ruin my week/life.

After 22 years the wife hates me and the kids treat me like a walking ATM. They step on my foot and money comes out my mouth. For all the ****** **** that goes on in life this good news will carry me till Christmas. Im gonna take this good news into the man cave. Im gonna get a 6 pack, spark one up and reflect on Knicks teams of the past.

Yes I would say this would make a bit of life more bearable. Now if only we can get Messier to coach the Rangers and fire Sather.

DODGERS&LAKERS
07-07-2010, 10:42 PM
Amare left Phoenix, Bosh left Toronto, MJ retired from Chicago and Washington what does that say about those cities.

What does that say about those cities....Lebron isn't going to leave because of anything negative about his hometown, he wants
championships so the city is irrelevant in this case.

Lebron leaving does not really say anything about Cleveland. But Bosh turning down 30 million and a chance to play with Lebron does.

fadedmario
07-07-2010, 10:42 PM
Cleveland would do it all over again if they could even if he leaves.

These last 7 years have been a breath of fresh air for Cleveland as a city, and the Cavaliers franchise. The main problem will always come down to Cleveland not consistently doing what it takes to put a Championship team around LeBron rather than just a winning team.

Larry Hughes
Drew Gooden
Ira Newble
Damon Jones
Jamario Moon

The list goes on.

When Mo Williams is the best player LeBron played with in Cleveland then that is a real problem.

I agree. Very smart post

fadedmario
07-07-2010, 10:44 PM
After 22 years the wife hates me and the kids treat me like a walking ATM. They step on my foot and money comes out my mouth. For all the ****** **** that goes on in life this good news will carry me till Christmas. Im gonna take this good news into the man cave. Im gonna get a 6 pack, spark one up and reflect on Knicks teams of the past.

Yes I would say this would make a bit of life more bearable. Now if only we can get Messier to coach the Rangers and fire Sather.

Married with children, gotta love it

AddiX
07-07-2010, 10:49 PM
Bron will be a loser if he stays in Cle, there is nothing there for him. He has peaked there. If he stays he can only go downhill. It's time to step up in life.

Mark Price was a star in Cleveland for god sakes.

Lets see if Bron can handle NY.

Slimsim
07-07-2010, 10:55 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZzgAjjuqZM

What's the chance of LBJ seeing this Video

5+7=DYNASTY!!!
07-07-2010, 11:00 PM
I couldn't really blame him for leaving. In 7 years, the best player the Cavs could give him was Mo Williams? For all the did/does for that franchise and city, they didn't exactly give him all he needed to be on the same level as Kobe Bryant(ring-wise).

NYtilIdie
07-07-2010, 11:03 PM
It means no one will be going there for vacation anymore and Mo Williams swag will take a HUGE hit, thank god.

Oh is that what Mo calls that? :laugh2: Mo wants to be Lebron so bad its sad. He did the dances, the showboating and for christ sakes he even grew his facial hair like Lebron's.

What was next? Try to get a horrible receding hair line like Lebron too?

97NYer
07-07-2010, 11:10 PM
Everyone has been hating on LeBron recently for dragging this out. I'mma go out on a limb and say I don't really have a problem with Bron's handling of the situation. He needed to see where the chips would fall before making a decision. I don't think making your decision the day after the day after the last top-teir FA (Boozer) agreed to sign in Chicago. This is just smart on his part. Now he knows this. He could go to Miami with Wade/Bosh, Chicago w/ Rose/Noah/Boozer, NY with Amar'e/Gallinari, or stay home and finish what he started. As a Knick fan I obviously hope and pray he ends up on the Knicks, but realistically if he went to NY, Chicago, Miami, Cleveland or even NJ, they are contenders for years to come. It comes down to where he wants to raise his kids, where he wants to live, and where he can become a billionaire and make history. Taking the latter into consideration, New York is the best choice.

DfanAlways
07-07-2010, 11:19 PM

Pretty sure Detroit has a lot more going for it, even in it's downfall, than Cleveland.

The Raven
07-08-2010, 04:35 AM
Well when you havent won **** the whole time you have been there all while being surrounded by crap, can anyone blame him for leaving? If he was surrounded by promising talent that had the chance to win a championship, im sure he'd be more inclined in staying

FarOutIos
07-08-2010, 08:00 AM
OK. So I am listening to all sorts of discussions about Lebron, and I keep hearing a common thought...

Lebron CAN'T be going on air for an hour to announce he is leaving Cleveland. That would be CLASSLESS and he would instantly become the worst villain in Cleveland sports history.

My question is, why?

I don't understand how going on air instantly changes the perception of his decision. If he goes on air, and reveals how difficult of a decision it was, and how much he will miss Cleveland, isn't that better than making a casual announcement.

If he leaves Cleveland, does it matter how he does it?

TheBay30
07-08-2010, 08:02 AM
Let the queen do what he wants to do ! haha

JordansBulls
07-08-2010, 08:16 AM
If he goes to Miami, then wow.

Dark Donnie
07-08-2010, 08:26 AM
If he goes to Miami I'll cheer for Kobe to end them in the Finals.

Radio Rakeem
07-08-2010, 08:38 AM

that's the deal breaker right here... i mean who wouldn't want to come there after that lol

ManRam
07-08-2010, 09:27 AM
He owes nothing to the city of Cleveland. Sure, they drafted him, and paid him, but any other team in the league would have killed to draft and pay him. He had fun there. The team had success, but ultimately, they couldn't put a winning team on the court. Blame him for that, blame the weak supporting cast for that, blame whatever, but he owes NOTHING to Cleveland.

He's a free agent. He can go and do whatever he wants, and he shouldn't be scrutinized for that. Free agents leave the team they were drafted on all the time. Why is it CLASSLESS if he does it? It's not classless when most anyone else does it...is it classless just because he's the game's best player, and a hometown kid?

The double standard is mind blowing.

I think it's good to go on air, and publicly tell everyone and every team his thoughts and reasoning. They put so much time into him that I think it's classy that he's going to publicly tell them all everything.

Bosh was on air to announce his decision. Do you think that was classless?

Anon
07-08-2010, 09:33 AM
He owes nothing to the city of Cleveland. Sure, they drafted him, and paid him, but any other team in the league would have killed to draft and pay him. He had fun there. The team had success, but ultimately, they couldn't put a winning team on the court. Blame him for that, blame the weak supporting cast for that, blame whatever, but he owes NOTHING to Cleveland.

He's a free agent. He can go and do whatever he wants, and he shouldn't be scrutinized for that. Free agents leave the team they were drafted on all the time. Why is it CLASSLESS if he does it? It's not classless when most anyone else does it...is it classless just because he's the game's best player, and a hometown kid?

I think it's good to go on air, and publicly tell everyone and every team his thoughts and reasoning. They put so much time into him that I think it's classy that he's going to publicly tell them all everything.

Why does he owe nothing to Cleveland? He is essentially a business enterprise. Leaving Cleveland will devistate their economy and cost people jobs at a time when they can least afford it. We hold every other business accountable for the negative impact they have on the communities that they make their money off of. Why should Lebron be any different?

king4day
07-08-2010, 09:39 AM
Why does he owe nothing to Cleveland? He is essentially a business enterprise. Leaving Cleveland will devistate their economy and cost people jobs at a time when they can least afford it. We hold every other business accountable for the negative impact they have on the communities that they make their money off of. Why should Lebron be any different?

Cuz LeBron's not a business. He's an employee.

Epicfailure
07-08-2010, 09:39 AM
why does he owe nothing to cleveland? He is essentially a business enterprise. Leaving cleveland will devistate their economy and cost people jobs at a time when they can least afford it. We hold every other business accountable for the negative impact they have on the communities that they make their money off of. Why should lebron be any different?

this

ManRam
07-08-2010, 09:42 AM

He did more good for Cleveland than Cleveland did good for him. Therefore, he owes nothing to them.

It will hurt the economy, sure, but that has nothing to do with basketball. He shouldn't be the savior of Cleveland. He's a freaking basketball player. His decision should strictly be a basketball decision.

You talk about holding businesses accountable, he's a basketball player. He isn't the owner of the team. He isn't an executive. He isn't in the front office. He is a basketball player. His job is not to be a financial asset to Cleveland, his job is to play basketball and win.

He shouldn't be held accountable for anything. You're comparing HIM- one person, to a business that Cleveland depends upon and holds him accountable. Come on dude. Just because he's better than Jawad Williams doesn't mean he has to stay because he's held more accountable.

He's not a business. He's one man on a basketball team...and besides the fact that he is better than everyone in the league besides maybe on other guy, doesn't mean he should be scrutinized for leaving a team when no one else in the league would be.

He's a freaking employee.

Truheatfan
07-08-2010, 09:45 AM
He did more good for Cleveland than Cleveland did good for him. Therefore, he owes nothing to them.

It will hurt the economy, sure, but that has nothing to do with basketball. He shouldn't be the savior of Cleveland. He's a freaking basketball player. His decision should strictly be a basketball decision.

You talk about holding businesses accountable, he's a basketball player. He isn't the owner of the team. He isn't an executive. He isn't in the front office. He is a basketball player. His job is not to be a financial asset to Cleveland, his job is to play basketball and win.

He shouldn't be held accountable for anything. You're comparing HIM- one person, to a business that Cleveland depends upon and holds him accountable. Come on dude. Just because he's better than Jawad Williams doesn't mean he has to stay because he's held more accountable.

He's not a business. He's one man on a basketball team...and besides the fact that he is better than everyone in the league besides maybe on other guy, doesn't mean he should be scrutinized for leaving a team when no one else in the league would be.

:clap:

G-Menfan4lyfe
He can do what he wants, its called Free Agent for a reason.

Denver-boy
none of those choices voice my opinion, but the choice:

B: Yes, broadcasting the decision is classless.

lol wow if you seriously think the Broadcasting idea was "Classless" your a joke!! thats Gotta be the most pathedic answer ive seen..... i want to see it!! i dont wanna freakin see it on twitter, i love that its gonna be broadcasted. it at least causes alot excitement. but again Classless.... wow LOL i pity u if ur that much of a baby to lable the choice to broadcast where LeBron will go, Classless....

Da Knicks

He is not an employer and wouldnt him being in a bigger city help the nba more as well as the country?

cheerio
07-08-2010, 09:46 AM
Fans will hate Lebron from Cleveland
I still dont know why it is on ESPN

kevin916
07-08-2010, 09:47 AM
I hope dwest keeps tagging his mom....

Anon
07-08-2010, 09:47 AM

I could not disagree more ManRam. Lebron James Inc. brings more money into the city of Cleveland than most other businesses ever will. The reality is that superstar players in all sports are as much a business as they are an athelete. The people who are going to lose their livelihoods in the middle of the worst economy since the great depression have every right to be outraged. Those of us who see the incredible selfishness this decision would display and harm this will cause Clevelanders who have given their time and money to Lebron will be outraged as well.

bigsams50
07-08-2010, 09:48 AM

This

The amount of hate on LeBron is just mind blowing. People just need to get off his sack and let the man be.

marlinsfan24
07-08-2010, 09:48 AM
He owes nothing to Cleveland like Wade owed nothing to Miami. But Wade stayed with the Heat because that was the best option for him. It's up to Lebron to decide whats best for him.

Denver-boy
07-08-2010, 09:50 AM
He can do what he wants, its called Free Agent for a reason.

exactly! :clap: but unfornuately there will ALOT babys when fans see lebron Didnt choose their Team, there gonna pount and cry and they might tell their momma on us....lol stupid :rolleyes:

Denver-boy
07-08-2010, 09:52 AM
Fans will hate Lebron from Cleveland
I still dont know why it is on ESPN

would make more sense if it was on Cartoon Network or Nickalodeon.... or how right after Hannah Montanna on The Disney Channel??? lol its ESPN... where else where would you see it????

-Kobe24-TJ19-
07-08-2010, 09:57 AM
maybe they will show 55 minutes of lebron highlights in cleveland and then he announces his decision to go to the knicks

ManRam
07-08-2010, 09:59 AM
I could not disagree more ManRam. Lebron James Inc. brings more money into the city of Cleveland than most other businesses ever will. The reality is that superstar players in all sports are as much a business as they are an athelete. The people who are going to lose their livelihoods in the middle of the worst economy since the great depression have every right to be outraged. Those of us who see the incredible selfishness this decision would display and harm this will cause Clevelanders who have given their time and money to Lebron will be outraged as well.

No one else is agreeing with you.

I'm not saying he doesn't bring in money to the city. He obviously does. But you are holding him accountable because he is the best, and for no other reason. Being the best doesn't mean you should not be allowed to do what any other free agent can, it just means the repercussions are greater. It's not fair to him really.

No disrespect to Cleveland, but if they are relying on a basketball player- an entertainer, for their city's financial success, then they have a lot more problems to worry about.

And there is no way he brings in more money to Cleveland than any other company. There are 7 fortune 500 companies in and around Cleveland. They employ hundreds of thousands of people.

He's an employee, and should not be held any more accountable than any other player in the league economically. It's not his fault the Cleveland economy blows, and it's not his job to save it.

marlinsfan24
07-08-2010, 10:00 AM

I'm not saying he doesn't bring in money to the city. He obviously does. But you are holding him accountable because he is the best, and for no other reason. Being the best doesn't mean you should not be allowed to do what any other free agent can, it just means the repercussions are greater. It's not fair to him really.

No disrespect to Cleveland, but if they are relying on a basketball player- an entertainer, for their city's financial success, then they have a lot more problems to worry about.

And there is no way he brings in more money to Cleveland than any other company. There are 7 fortune 500 companies in and around Cleveland. They employ hundreds of thousands of people.

He's an employee, and should not be held any more accountable than any other player in the league economically. It's not his fault the Cleveland economy blows, and it's not his job to save it.

Good post! :clap:

Anon
07-08-2010, 10:03 AM

Everybody in this country who is the best at anything is held accountable for supporting others. Why do you think we have a progressive tax system? It is beyond my comprehension that at a time like this somebody could make a decision this selfish. "Screw my hometown, I am getting mine." The ironic thing is Lebron is the one who is always talking about being more than a basketball player. A global icon. This is a real opportunity to do just that. If he stays in Cleveland he will be a great man first and a great basketball player second. If he goes to Miami all he will ever be is a basketball player.

_Supreme_
07-08-2010, 10:03 AM
He owes nothing to Cleveland like Wade owed nothing to Miami. But Wade stayed with the Heat because that was the best option for him. It's up to Lebron to decide whats best for him.

The difference is that Wade went out of his way to stress that he wanted to stay, and kept talking about loyalty.

Lebron never did any of that. He simply didn't say anything.

Giantwarrior
07-08-2010, 10:06 AM
I hope dwest keeps tagging his mom....

l:laugh:

JonnyBrav000
07-08-2010, 10:09 AM
I think Lebron is staying in Cleveland. It would be really stupid of him to broadcast his decision to break the hearts of all Cleveland Cav fans on TV. And why is this an hour long special? It doesn't take much time to say I am coming back.

As a matter of fact, maybe he is leaving because why would you need a full hour after announcing your decision? Does he want to show everyone a sob story after? Come on Lebron, this is stupid, but I really hope you still come to the Knicks hahaha.

Giantwarrior
07-08-2010, 10:09 AM
If Lebron goes to Miami and wins 3 championships to wont be valued as much as winning one on his own in Cleveland.

I think this miami talk is a smoke screen... this 9pm decision is such a big event, why give away clues and ruin the surprise? i think he's staying a Cav, but thats just my guess.

JonnyBrav000
07-08-2010, 10:10 AM
Everybody in this country who is the best at anything is held accountable for supporting others. Why do you think we have a progressive tax system? It is beyond my comprehension that at a time like this somebody could make a decision this selfish. "Screw my hometown, I am getting mine." The ironic thing is Lebron is the one who is always talking about being more than a basketball player. A global icon. This is a real opportunity to do just that. If he stays in Cleveland he will be a great man first and a great basketball player second. If he goes to Miami all he will ever be is a basketball player.

I agree, as much as I want him to come to the Knicks, I think he should stay in Cleveland.

pacofunk64
07-08-2010, 10:18 AM
none of those choices voice my opinion, but the choice:

B: Yes, broadcasting the decision is classless.

lol wow if you seriously think the Broadcasting idea was "Classless" your a joke!! thats Gotta be the most pathedic answer ive seen..... i want to see it!! i dont wanna freakin see it on twitter, i love that its gonna be broadcasted. it at least causes alot excitement. but again Classless.... wow LOL i pity u if ur that much of a baby to lable the choice to broadcast where LeBron will go, Classless....

I agree 100%...he is the best player in the league right now...he is on the verge of being MJ iconic.

thawv
07-08-2010, 10:19 AM
Him leaving is FAR from classless. He worked for the Cavs..........and did a pretty good job I might add. He now owes it to HIMSELF to see what else is out there. Simple as that.

Having an hour special on where his next job will be is kind of strange. But from what I've read, all the proceeds from the show are being donated to the Boys Club. So maybe it's not a bad thing in the long run.

RenegadeRiot36
07-08-2010, 10:19 AM
I agree, as much as I want him to come to the Knicks, I think he should stay in Cleveland.

its definately better for the nba as a whole and cleveland

ManRam
07-08-2010, 10:23 AM

So Cleveland's well being should be more important than winning to LeBron?

If you think that, you never have the right to say anything about him not winning a championship. Because, in your eyes, winning shouldn't be all he should worry about. For every other basketball player, sure...but not LeBron. He needs to save an entire city :rolleyes:

The double standard you are holding him to is just absolutely incredulous.

ohreally
07-08-2010, 10:25 AM
It's true that LeBron really doesn't owe anything to Cleveland. But Stern stocking the deck to get him to Cleveland in the first place has now put him in a very awkward spot. If he had gone somewhere else to start with, his not going to Cleveland as a free agent wouldn't mean a thing.

The thing now though is that he has been an Akron/Ohio booster for years, professing his love and sticking up really for smaller market teams, so choosing to leave will undercut his image, at least to many, and would be seen as a betrayal to many in Ohio at least. You can't boost "small town" Akron while leaving it for the bright lights of the big city.

I still think the super three in Miami is the only thing that could at all be seen as understandable by a good portion of Ohio fans, and probably by a fair portion of people who like LeBron for his hometown hero image. Any other choice in leaving Cleveland would be a major kick in the pants, to the area, and I think to a good part of his image.

LeBron should probably be royally p**** at Stern and the NBA for rigging the draft in the first place.

shizzle09
07-08-2010, 10:32 AM

so you're saying because Lebron was raised in Ohio and just happened to get drafted by the cavs that he somehow has no right to choose what "he" wants to do for the first time as an NBA player. Yeah, they latched on to him in Ohio and it would not be good financially but he deserves to play with his friends and be apart of something special if he chooses. This is ludicris hearing people trash someone because they could possibly leave a city they never actually chose to play their nba career in. He's the one who put the hours into becoming this NBA superstar and he deserves to control where he plays. I would understand cavs fans hurt and anger towards him but the fact that he's even debating this tells you he has love for his fans. Put yourself in his shoes. Wade and Bosh are like "Dude, are you serious? We can all play together and crush people"These are his friends and they want him to play with him. If he wasnt playing for Cleveland this would be a no brainer and he'd be with the Heat. that said i think he's staying in Cleveland. I think this was all leaked to make it even bigger when he choses to stay. I hope he comes to the Heat though :D

thephoenixson28
07-08-2010, 10:37 AM
Im not sure but isn't lebron doing it for a good cause. I thought I heard all the money they make will be donated to the boys and girls club of america.

Sly Guy
07-08-2010, 10:46 AM
has broadcasting a decision like this ever been done before? Why now? Stan van Gundy was right, there's no need for it and it smacks of diva.

LA_Raiders
07-08-2010, 10:54 AM
If he leaves, he leaves, thats fine, but making a big deal on nat TV... He will be the biggest *** in sports...ever

69centers
07-08-2010, 10:56 AM
I heard Jim Gray is interviewing him and the decision will come during the first 10 minutes of the show. I freaking hate Jim Gray!!!!

LA_Raiders
07-08-2010, 10:58 AM
Im not sure but isn't lebron doing it for a good cause. I thought I heard all the money they make will be donated to the boys and girls club of america.

lol, the queens cover up

carlessyen
07-08-2010, 11:05 AM
I love how people act like it is a sports decision and that alone when he has went out of the way himself to Diva it up by saying he is gonna put the city on the map, and he won't quit until he wins there. He put it on himself. Do you not have any class, to realize you have responsibilites to yourself and hometown to carry yourself and have loyalty. If you disagree with that I'm pretty sire your self centered individual that puts them self above everything else. Morales are a big part of it you can't say they are not every person has the responsibility to help out and show loyalty to thier community. Announcing this will be so much bigger then you think, He thinks it will blow over I Cleveland it will not. Iv'e been a cleveland fan since day I was born, and seen the disappoinment. ANd how it is taken. He will ahve a curse anemd after him, and be hate by them the rest of his career, the city does owe somethign from him they showed him more love then anyone ever has, he wont get that i Miami. He will be on Wade's team. I don't see him doing this. I really don't see him giving away his legacy like that. I dont see him going to Miami to be Robin to Batman. But I guess we will see tonight. I really hope he doesnt flush the Legacy tonight and make him the most hated thing in Cleveland over John Elway or Michael Jordan,

thekmp211
07-08-2010, 11:06 AM
lol,i love how all you clowns sit and complain about lebron being an attention hog...

...as you give him all the attention! he wouldnt be doing a 1 hour special if he didnt know it would garner HUGE ratings. from folks like US watching.

he owes cleveland nothing. if an entire city is hinging on one dude playing a ball-game then they have some issues.

Lakeshow86
07-08-2010, 11:07 AM
The man is already known to be a poor sport after he refused to shake hands after a game a few years ago. Clevelands entire hopes are in Lebron. He is the only thing keeping that city alive. If he does an entire hour long special hyping everything up and then breaking everyones heart in cleveland that is just wrong. If you dont want to stay in cleveland fine. Just dont have some special hour long special and then announce it. What a stabbing to the heart of cleveland that will be. Just come out like everyone else and announce it. Or have a press conference and announce it. Not a hour long special event.

allan w davis
07-08-2010, 11:07 AM
He's become too arrogant, narcisitic.

king4day
07-08-2010, 11:09 AM
To an extent I can agree. If he is breaking the Cavs fans hearts in a special on TV like this, then it's pretty selfish.
I understand the sponser money goes to charity, but isn't there another way he could do it?

thekmp211
07-08-2010, 11:09 AM
I love how people act like it is a sports decision and that alone when he has went out of the way himself to Diva it up by saying he is gonna put the city on the map, and he won't quit until he wins there. He put it on himself. Do you not have any class, to realize you have responsibilites to yourself and hometown to carry yourself and have loyalty. If you disagree with that I'm pretty sire your self centered individual that puts them self above everything else. Morales are a big part of it you can't say they are not every person has the responsibility to help out and show loyalty to thier community. Announcing this will be so much bigger then you think, He thinks it will blow over I Cleveland it will not. Iv'e been a cleveland fan since day I was born, and seen the disappoinment. ANd how it is taken. He will ahve a curse anemd after him, and be hate by them the rest of his career, the city does owe somethign from him they showed him more love then anyone ever has, he wont get that i Miami. He will be on Wade's team. I don't see him doing this. I really don't see him giving away his legacy like that. I dont see him going to Miami to be Robin to Batman. But I guess we will see tonight. I really hope he doesnt flush the Legacy tonight and make him the most hated thing in Cleveland over John Elway or Michael Jordan,

get over it. go get laid, drink a beer, relax. its a GAME. you have bigger problems in your life, everyone does.

JOSKOMANG4
07-08-2010, 11:12 AM
IMO, If Cleveland would of kept Carlos Boozer than letting him leave via FA, the Cavs would of been a championship team!

JOSKOMANG4
07-08-2010, 11:12 AM
I hope Lebron comes to either NJ or NY.

Anon
07-08-2010, 11:15 AM
get over it. go get laid, drink a beer, relax. its a GAME. you have bigger problems in your life, everyone does.

It is not a game. People in Cleveland are going to lose their jobs. The city will lose millions of dollars in revenues. Sportstars have fought to elevate themselves to a status reserved for a small number of individuals in our society yet still want to be treated like they are playing for peanuts in a beer league. This decision is bigger than Lebron James. Cleveland has done everything in their power to build a championship team around Lebron. He has handpicked the players they signed. For him to turn around and leave to go play with his buddies is represhensible.

BUFFALO KNICK
07-08-2010, 11:16 AM
Its a business. He can play on whatever team he wants that wants him. He doesn't owe Cleveland anything. Anyone who disagrees better still be living in the state they grew up in and has to be loyal to it no matter what. Even if that means they could be happier or more successful somewhere else.

Being a hometown guy was luck. He didn't choose the Cavs. They just so happened to win the lottery and they picked him. Now its his turn to decide what to do with HIS life, and where HE wants to play. He has that right just like we do in our lives and if you don't have that right or freedom you have worse issues to worry about then where some basketball player plays.

fadedmario
07-08-2010, 11:18 AM
I would hate to be a Knicks, Cavs, or Bulls fan if he goes to the Heat. What a let down. Anyone on here saying Lebron going to the Heat is no big deal, is lying. I can honestly say I'm glad my team was not involved in this circus. Good for the Heat, Bad Bad Bad for everyone else.

BUFFALO KNICK
07-08-2010, 11:19 AM
LOL i'd rather not get Lebron then be a Pistons, Tigers, Lions fan.

giantyanks6
07-08-2010, 11:21 AM
this is getting absolutely ridiculous. im getting tired of hearing from every cavs fan/anyone who wants him to stay in cleveland about how its classless, disrespectful, anything else you can think of to bash him about leaving. what everyone has to understand is this is a business. it is not some video game it is a business and what has to be done has to be done. if he packs his bags and leaves then stop crying about how hes disrespectful for going on tv and bashes his hometown cause we all know hes going to say how it was the best time of his life its always where is heart will be blah blah. take his decision like a man and stop crying

Anon
07-08-2010, 11:22 AM
Its a business. He can play on whatever team he wants that wants him. He doesn't owe Cleveland anything. Anyone who disagrees better still be living in the state they grew up in and has to be loyal to it no matter what. Even if that means they could be happier or more successful somewhere else.

Being a hometown guy was luck. He didn't choose the Cavs. They just so happened to win the lottery and they picked him. Now its his turn to decide what to do with HIS life, and where HE wants to play. He has that right just like we do in our lives and if you don't have that right or freedom you have worse issues to worry about then where some basketball player plays.

So why do the richest people in our country pay the most taxes? Why do we now provide healthcare for people who cannot afford it? Why do we provide housing and food for them? What world do you live in where people who have been blessed in their lives do not have a moral obligation to help their fellow citizens? The more I think about it the less likely I think it is that he leaves Cleveland. He has to be aware of the consequences of that choice and nobody could be that selfish.

siralex
07-08-2010, 11:24 AM
this is probably going to be long, so if you dont want to to read it, dont.

i just thought that this would be as good a place as any to vent my frustration, and then ill probably just return to the shadows reading what you smart, passionate sports fans have to say.

manram, you make a number of smart, thought provoking points, and in some cases i agree with you.

but i think whats being dismissed here is the relativity of the money thats involved. if we were talking about a move that would up his income from $35k a year to $90k a year, then id be 100% in support. who wouldnt want to increase their potential standard of living in such a situation.

but in these cases, we are talking about tens of millions of dollars - hundreds, really, when you consider the 5 or 6 year span of the contracts that are being signed.

in other words, i know my lowly, college professor butt (and salary) may not know the difference between 10 million and 30 million, and yet, i wonder how much that difference will affect his standard of living.

what im getting at, and sorry for being long-winded, is that when youre talking a matter of MILLIONS of dollars you, as an athlete, really have a chance to make a statement - a statement that the decision that you are making is not based on money, since we're talking a difference of 5 million compared to 6 million a year, for example.

in other words, the decision can come down to loyalty, civic pride, love for your city, your team, love for bring that championship to YOUR team.

lebron, wade, bosh have all made it perfectly clear that they do not have any of that. they dont care about where theyre from, who made them the players they are, they arent loyal to any set of fans or any of the kids in the stands who cry when they lose and remember it for a lifetime when they win.

miami, this has nothing to do with you. they dont care about you or your city. you are just the lucky benefactors of three selfish divas who think theyre the nba. it could have been anyone in the league. this isnt about miami. at all. its about them, and only them.

they are turning one of the most beautiful, free-flowing, team sports on the planet, into an individual, self-centered video game simulation.

and all for a few million dollars. which may sound like a lot, but really - if youre already one of the richest men in the country, and youre going to get paid millions upon millions of dollars regardless, why make money your deciding factor? why not make it passion, loyalty, pride for your roots.

he doesnt care about cleveland. he cares about himself, and only himself.

so call me a romantic, a nostalgic, naive, whatever you like, but this proves to me that the days of sports loyalty is, officially, 100% over. done. and that makes me kind of sad as a sports fan.

i was a 10 or 11 year old kid who had posters of clyde, dan marino, bagwell and biggio.

and just to finish up, ive seen "better" basketball players than lebron in my 30 years as an nba fan. by better i mean the kind of player who takes his team on his back and wins championships. the kind of player who makes those around him rise.

jordan never did this kind of diva, soap opera kind of show on espn. bird never did this. magic never did this. dr j never did this. hakeem? clyde? hell, even some of the more "me first" players never pulled this kind of crap - iverson, melo, not even kobe, for christs sake...

this televised fiasco reaks of the sense of entitlement thats endemic to todays society. the idea that just because youre good you deserve to win. he was annointed the king without having ever won anything.

anyway, im done. sorry if i bored the crap out of yall.

h2r09
07-08-2010, 11:25 AM
he would be chastized for leaving cleaveland no matter what. If he lets someone break the story it is classless because he is just treating cleveland like crap by not addressing it directly.

face it, him leaving cleveland would make hi out to be a goat no matter how he does it.

And it is really funny how whenever someone goes just for the money he is a horrible person, yet when lebron leaves to win he is a villian? this is pathetic how much hate he is getting.

he has handled this very nicely actually. he hasnt even said a word all offseason.

thekmp211
07-08-2010, 11:28 AM
It is not a game. People in Cleveland are going to lose their jobs. The city will lose millions of dollars in revenues. Sportstars have fought to elevate themselves to a status reserved for a small number of individuals in our society yet still want to be treated like they are playing for peanuts in a beer league. This decision is bigger than Lebron James. Cleveland has done everything in their power to build a championship team around Lebron. He has handpicked the players they signed. For him to turn around and leave to go play with his buddies is represhensible.

and HE is supposed to consider these things? take the burden of jobs and a cities economy?

no.

that is not his job. he is an athlete and an entertainer.

BUFFALO KNICK
07-08-2010, 11:34 AM
So why do the richest people in our country pay the most taxes? Why do we now provide healthcare for people who cannot afford it? Why do we provide housing and food for them? What world do you live in where people who have been blessed in their lives do not have a moral obligation to help their fellow citizens? The more I think about it the less likely I think it is that he leaves Cleveland. He has to be aware of the consequences of that choice and nobody could be that selfish.

DUDE!!! this is sports calm down!! there is a massive difference between sports and politics and healthcare. How is playing anywhere else not "helping" the citizens of that city. straight up he is an athlete he does not help me in any way. I save lives for a living everyday working in the health field and I would switch hospitals in a second if it would benefit me. Its not being selfish to pursue something that you want just because others disagree. Nobody actually suffers from this. that is a pathetic concept. you might need to re evaluate your values there pal. it is a game for us and entertainment it is simply a job for them and an income. what we as the public want or as fans shouldn't mean a thing to these guys since they don't dictate our lives how can you think you are important enough to dictate theirs? you need to grow up.

siralex
07-08-2010, 11:35 AM
and a quick side note:

i think that espn promoting and airing this masturbatory, self-indulgence seriously compromises their position as a serious journalistic entity.

i mean, would you, 8 hours before a movie airs on your network, play a commercial that reveals the ending?

i cant trust a single thing that espn i saying about lebron right now.

h2r09
07-08-2010, 11:36 AM
and a quick side note:

i think that espn promoting and airing this masturbatory, self-indulgence seriously compromises their position as a serious journalistic entity.

i mean, would you, 8 hours before a movie airs on your network, play a commercial that reveals the ending?

i cant trust a single thing that espn i saying about lebron right now.

ESPN has already told all of their reporters that if they can find out where he is going, that they can go ahead and report it. ESPN doesnt know where he is going.

Anon
07-08-2010, 11:39 AM
DUDE!!! this is sports calm down!! there is a massive difference between sports and politics and healthcare. How is playing anywhere else not "helping" the citizens of that city. straight up he is an athlete he does not help me in any way. I save lives for a living everyday working in the health field and I would switch hospitals in a second if it would benefit me. Its not being selfish to pursue something that you want just because others disagree. Nobody actually suffers from this. that is a pathetic concept. you might need to re evaluate your values there pal. it is a game for us and entertainment it is simply a job for them and an income. what we as the public want or as fans shouldn't mean a thing to these guys since they don't dictate our lives how can you think you are important enough to dictate theirs? you need to grow up.

You are living in the 1950's. Sports is a bigger cultural mover than any other thing in our country. Why do you think the MLB is moving the All-Star game out of Arizona? Why do they have the Rooney rule in the NFL? Whose affair do you think affected more people, Tiger Woods, or John Edwards? The hypocrisy demonstrated by taking advantage of all the comes with being a star athelete but refusing to accept any of the responsibility is stunning.

siralex
07-08-2010, 11:43 AM
ESPN has already told all of their reporters that if they can find out where he is going, that they can go ahead and report it. ESPN doesnt know where he is going.

ill take your word for it - why would you lie (other than the fact that youre a heat fan :) congratulations, by the way!).

i still think its a little too convenient.

P.I.
Its got nothing to do with the rest of the country, and why should he stay if he does not feel like he is getting the help he deserves.
What I think is worst is that james is looking at joining the heat in a wrong way, he see's it at selling out which means he has too much pride.
He does not see it as being the best 1-2-3 punch combo we have ever seen in a decade.

He can join the heat and go to the finals every year and share the ball or stay in cleavland and watch heat go to the finals without him.

RCarlson85
He could just call a press conference, not have an hour long tv special that has been planned for 3 days. I'm a Miami fan so this doesn't effect me like it will effect Cleveland, but I feel like he is milking free agency for all he can and just trying to soak up whatever fame/glory he can. He could just as easily make his announcement and then hold a press conference like most other people do. If he has known his decision since whenever this was first arranged it just seems really stupid to me.

fadedmario
07-08-2010, 11:46 AM
LOL i'd rather not get Lebron then be a Pistons, Tigers, Lions fan.

This coming from a Bills and Knicks fan.

RaiderLakersA's
07-08-2010, 11:48 AM

Strongly agree.

LA_Raiders
07-08-2010, 11:49 AM
I heard Jim Gray is interviewing him and the decision will come during the first 10 minutes of the show. I freaking hate Jim Gray!!!!

Dang, nice team there (your sig)

BUFFALO KNICK
07-08-2010, 11:49 AM
You are living in the 1950's. Sports is a bigger cultural mover than any other thing in our country. Why do you think the MLB is moving the All-Star game out of Arizona? Why do they have the Rooney rule in the NFL? Whose affair do you think affected more people, Tiger Woods, or John Edwards? The hypocrisy demonstrated by taking advantage of all the comes with being a star athelete but refusing to accept any of the responsibility is stunning.

its the weak people who value these athletes like you do. how does Lebron not take responsibility? Have you heard him speak yet? He simply wants to win and make money. how can you blame him for that? The Rooney rule has nothing to do with players having to stay on certain teams because they grew up in that state. how do you relate the two? Also please explain how Woods affair affected you? Does it really matter? Does it really make a difference in your everyday life? Be realistic all sports are is another form of entertainment. Is it ok for a singer lets say Jay Z to perform outsitde of NYC? thats his home town. peopl....rather citizens as you put it may suffer if he performs else where. Or can actors film movies in other states or oh my god even another country? or is that forbidden too?

He is by no means doing anything wrong. just because he has followers and fans who's feelings may be hurt does not make him irresponsible. Also if he were to go to one of these other teams he'll gain more fans and he'll be able to reach out and protect the lives of these new citizens.

BUFFALO KNICK
07-08-2010, 11:50 AM
This coming from a Bills and Knicks fan.

Your point?

kurivaimu
07-08-2010, 11:51 AM
OK. So I am listening to all sorts of discussions about Lebron, and I keep hearing a common thought...

Lebron CAN'T be going on air for an hour to announce he is leaving Cleveland. That would be CLASSLESS and he would instantly become the worst villain in Cleveland sports history.

My question is, why?

I don't understand how going on air instantly changes the perception of his decision. If he goes on air, and reveals how difficult of a decision it was, and how much he will miss Cleveland, isn't that better than making a casual announcement.

If he leaves Cleveland, does it matter how he does it?

This thread is one of the worst i have ever seen. And the poll..dsiis. :facepalm:

RaiderLakersA's
07-08-2010, 12:00 PM
The ONLY cause that matters is what LeBron wants for himself. Didn't we just celebrate our independence as a country? What do you think they meant when they coined the phrase "pursuit of happiness"?

Some of you have it twisted. LeBron is not a corporation. He is, in fact, an employee of one of the top corporations in America. He is free to move in the market as his contract allows.

You wrongly believe that just because the community supports LeBron that he owes them perpetual servitude. If that is truly the logic that pervades the Cleveland community, than I truly feel sorry for anyone who lives there. LeBron has done a great deal for Cleveland, but like any other native son, you have to let him venture into the world in order for him to achieve true greatness.

If he chooses Cleveland, fine. But if he leaves, I hope to God that his community continues to support him no matter what. That is your job, if you truly are worthy of being called LeBron's home.

BUFFALO KNICK
07-08-2010, 12:04 PM
The ONLY cause that matters is what LeBron wants for himself. Didn't we just celebrate our independence as a country? What do you think they meant when they coined the phrase "pursuit of happiness"?

Some of you have it twisted. LeBron is not a corporation. He is, in fact, an employee of one of the top corporations in America. He is free to move in the market as his contract allows.

You wrongly believe that just because the community supports LeBron that he owes them perpetual servitude. If that is truly the logic that pervades the Cleveland community, than I truly feel sorry for anyone who lives there. LeBron has done a great deal for Cleveland, but like any other native son, you have to let him venture into the world in order for him to achieve true greatness.

If he chooses Cleveland, fine. But if he leaves, I hope to God that his community continues to support him no matter what. That is your job, if you truly are worthy of being called LeBron's home.

WELL SAID!!!! Cannot put it better myself

Bornknick73
07-08-2010, 12:06 PM
I know what they will say if he goes to the Heat.....

He was a coward who couldnt lead a team on his own and had to ride Wades coat tails to get his own ring. King James in a town where he isnt King. I dont think that makes him a king anymore. Prince James. He didnt have the confidence in himself to lead a team past Wade and Bosh.

I dont care what anyone says Lebron and Amar'e can beat Wade and Bosh. Rose Noah and Boozer with James will destroy Wade and Bosh. SO going to Miami means he doesnt have the cajones to lead a team himself and thats what the country will take from it.

f0n3nyc
07-08-2010, 12:10 PM
I cannot believe people are going to hold Lebron James accountable for lol thee economy in Cleveland. The idea is so ludicrous to me I cant help but laugh at the thought of people who are too afraid to go and vote or peacefully demonstrate in DC, would even consider Lebron can be or even should care about anyone else but himself. The only thing separating Lebron from life as a disenfranchised youth on the streets is most likely his talent on the court, which with age is diminishing and who can blame him for maximizing his returns? Cmon ownership should be blamed if Lebron leaves via FA for Cleveland's suddenly Lebronless thus faltering economy. LOL I still cannot believe I heard that.

FarOutIos
07-08-2010, 03:47 PM
This thread is one of the worst i have ever seen. And the poll..dsiis. :facepalm:

Wow. I am shocked at how many people think Lebron will be hated by Cleveland if he decides to leave. I feel bad for the guy. If he was a horrible basketball player, would anyone in Cleveland be begging him to stay in Cleveland? No, they would be saying that just because he is from Cleveland, there is no reason that he should be kept on the team.

But since it seems like my thinking is a minority, I can understand your dislike for the poll. But from my point of view, I love the Poll.