PDA

View Full Version : MSG's stock skyrockets; Could investors know something the public doesn't?

Boston Faithful
07-07-2010, 04:06 PM
In the past hour before the stock market closed at 4:00 pm EST, MSG stock absolutely skyrocketed. It went up nearly 7% which is huge.

Someone must know something. The market has been extremely volatile lately and investors have been very, very conservative. People wouldn't just throw their money at MSG on chance.

For those of you that don't know anything about the stock market, equate it to the 1988 movie "Wall Street" with Michael Douglas and Charlie Sheen. In the movie Charlie Sheen plays Bud Fox, who has inside information on a particular stock that's about to skyrocket.

I think there a parallel here. Someone from LeBron's camp might have leaked information that he's going to the Knicks and the big hedgefunds started buying it like crazy.

Even if this means nothing, it will mean a lot to LeBron. If MSG stock is going up this much BEFORE he's even there, imagine what it will do once he signs. The stock will go from 21.75 to 42 within a year. He could throw 50 million in the stock and come out with 100 million next year.

MaHaRaJaH
07-07-2010, 04:07 PM
Stock market integers change even if it's because of hype.

Kashmir13579
07-07-2010, 04:14 PM
YES...... i'm gettin ***** wasted tommarow and going to a sports bar for this

asandhu23
07-07-2010, 04:14 PM
interesting...

PraiseJesus
07-07-2010, 04:15 PM
just speculation

J4KOP99
07-07-2010, 04:16 PM
Yeah, people are talking about this where I work right now. Some say this has happened before in certain situations and could easily change come friday if he doesnt end up in NY.

Nymfan87
07-07-2010, 04:17 PM
All I know is it wouldn't be a bad time to throw a couple thousand bucks at some MSG stock, worst case scenario you lose 5-10% best case you double your money :shrug:

ManRam
07-07-2010, 04:18 PM
No. Investors are like gamblers at times. They have to take risks to make money. Right now, investing in MSG could pay off tremendously...even the worst case scenario isn't too bad. It's not a volatile commodity.

Hell, I'd invest in it too right now if I had any money...and I know as much as anyone else.

boolish
07-07-2010, 04:22 PM
it's not that big of a jump and it's just day traders speculating on tomorrow...it might run up tomorrow a bit too.

Bornknick73
07-07-2010, 04:25 PM
In the past hour before the stock market closed at 4:00 pm EST, MSG stock absolutely skyrocketed. It went up nearly 7% which is huge.

Someone must know something. The market has been extremely volatile lately and investors have been very, very conservative. People wouldn't just throw their money at MSG on chance.

For those of you that don't know anything about the stock market, equate it to the 1988 movie "Wall Street" with Michael Douglas and Charlie Sheen. In the movie Charlie Sheen plays Bud Fox, who has inside information on a particular stock that's about to skyrocket.

I think there a parallel here. Someone from LeBron's camp might have leaked information that he's going to the Knicks and the big hedgefunds started buying it like crazy.

Even if this means nothing, it will mean a lot to LeBron. If MSG stock is going up this much BEFORE he's even there, imagine what it will do once he signs. The stock will go from 21.75 to 42 within a year. He could throw 50 million in the stock and come out with 100 million next year.

And although people hate to admit it, this is the darkhorse in the race. James joiing the Knicks has a direct effect on the stock. I dont know if he can buy it but his mother can, all his friends can, all his business partners can. A way to help your family financially and you dont go in your pocket to do it. All his friends and family can directly benefit and make money and he doesnt have to give them a dime. The better the team goes the higher the stock the more money for everyone.

Lebron James is Bud Fox. His family and friends are the Gekkos. Lebron James and the stock market are the future. This is how hes gonna make his billions.

Imagine how much its worth if he wins the title?

Statik1
07-07-2010, 04:26 PM
:facepalm:Die hard sports fans discussing the markets....

J4KOP99
07-07-2010, 04:27 PM

The market is saturated!

Allstar21
07-07-2010, 04:29 PM
all speculation
i am surprised it hasn't gone up more from silly investors throwing money at it

even if Lebron goes to the Knicks that doesn't all of the sudden make them profitable, but hype rules the markets ever since the dot.com boom and bust

GSW Hoops
07-07-2010, 04:33 PM
Never thought we'd be discussing the stock market on PSD's NBA forum. :facepalm:

A sad day indeed.

hgtiger32
07-07-2010, 04:33 PM
it's people speculating, hoping they get a good break...

saintdrew
07-07-2010, 04:36 PM
Yeah all speculation. However I will agree that if LeBron makes the right decision and signs with New York than the stock will absolutely jump through the roof.

homestarunner93
07-07-2010, 04:38 PM
Give it up, there are only two possible destinations for LeBron at this point--Miami and Cleveland.

Bruno
07-07-2010, 04:56 PM
BIG investors ALWAYS know something we don't. The stock market is a scam. Not saying you can't personally benefit off it, but still a scam non the less.

bholly
07-07-2010, 04:57 PM
And although people hate to admit it, this is the darkhorse in the race. James joiing the Knicks has a direct effect on the stock. I dont know if he can buy it but his mother can, all his friends can, all his business partners can. A way to help your family financially and you dont go in your pocket to do it. All his friends and family can directly benefit and make money and he doesnt have to give them a dime. The better the team goes the higher the stock the more money for everyone.

Lebron James is Bud Fox. His family and friends are the Gekkos. Lebron James and the stock market are the future. This is how him and his family and friends are going to end up in prison.

Imagine how much its worth if he wins the title?

fyp

IDB Josh M
07-07-2010, 04:59 PM
Pure Speculation. If LBJ decides not to go to the Knicks, I'm going to short like crazy!

uws
07-07-2010, 05:01 PM
buy on the rumor, sell on the news... this is investors making a call on something that is pretty low risk - odds are lebron or not the stock will keep rallying because of all NYK's other perspective players

Sportfan
07-07-2010, 05:01 PM
They got amare. that alone gets them more next year

uws
07-07-2010, 05:04 PM
they are also selling TONS of season tickets

Rivera
07-07-2010, 05:10 PM
didnt we put laws inplace for it to be harder to play with the market

but one thing was consistent MSG said bosh/wade/lebron/amare could buy stock in MSG n it would increase if they signed

i smell a conspiracy and i smell somethin fishy like a bernie madoff

:facepalm: @ me for not buying stock in MSG

thekmp211
07-07-2010, 05:11 PM
i'll put it this way:

if i was investing, i would have done the same thing. its not like they know -- that's illegal and i don't think a bunch of white collar guys have mavericks or lebrons ear (yet).

like i said, though, i'd put a hefty sum on msg as well. maybe i will!

xbrackattackx
07-07-2010, 05:20 PM
Yea I know what they know...That Knicks got its first real All-Star since Ewing!

pacofunk64
07-07-2010, 05:23 PM
It's rising but its based of pure speculation...that's all the stock market really is.

PatsSoxKnicks
07-07-2010, 05:31 PM
Give it up, there are only two possible destinations for LeBron at this point--Miami and Cleveland.

Even though everything outside of ESPN is pointing towards the Knicks- Dudley's tweet, Ochocinco's tweet, the Bulls executive who tweeted he thinks Lebron's going to the Knicks, Maverick Carter (Lebron's business partner) is apparently in New York.

Sorry but the Knicks aren't out of it. And if you think about it, ESPN has said nothing about the Knicks- thus being a surprise when he signs with them which is better for ESPN.

I'm not sure if he's going to the Knicks but they are def not out of the race. You must simply be a hater. Lebron himself has given no indication of where he's going.

Reversed86Curse
07-07-2010, 05:49 PM
The only thing better than LBJ signing with the Clippers is if LBJ got busted for handing out insider information to raise the stocks. A fan can only dream, right? :shrug:

ldc62
07-07-2010, 05:52 PM
Pure Speculation. If LBJ decides not to go to the Knicks, I'm going to short like crazy!

You better do it soon... when its still on the rise

Human FlameShld
07-07-2010, 06:02 PM

Thank you for saying it.

pistonsfanomg
07-07-2010, 06:02 PM
I brought some stock from msg (Being Honest)

The Raven
07-08-2010, 04:44 AM
Interesting development. We'll see what happens tomorrow. Less then 24 hrs away now