PDA

View Full Version : Is Brendan Haywood the Most Important FA (after Lebron)

FarOutIos
07-07-2010, 03:21 PM
Just a thought... after Lebron, is Brendan Haywood the most important FA?

The Heat have Bosh.

The Knicks have Amare.

Both are centers. Both teams have a need for defensive C. If Lebron chooses NY, then will both teams be scrambling to get Brendan?

OR will there be a trade to give one of the teams the C they need to be contenders?

Either way, I see Brendan getting a nice payday.

MaHaRaJaH
07-07-2010, 03:23 PM
**pf

Raoul Duke
07-07-2010, 03:26 PM
Haywood is going to be the next Dampier/Nazr/Diop. In other words, he stands to get massively overpaid.

Kyle916
07-07-2010, 03:31 PM
I don't think he's most important, but yes, he's going to get massively overpaid.

hugepatsfan
07-07-2010, 03:33 PM
I think he is a crucial signing for NY or MIA. Both teams need him, IMO. He will be overpaid, but overpaid doesn't mean not valuable.

Swashcuff
07-07-2010, 03:33 PM
Haywood is going to be the next Dampier/Nazr/Diop. In other words, he stands to get massively overpaid.

His Career has mirror that of Eric Dampier.... he's certainly better than Nazr and Diop but he's surely going to be overpaid.

eddie34520
07-07-2010, 03:34 PM
This has to be one of the dumbest things I've ever heard in my entire life...shut this thread down cause your a ******* faroutis

thekmp211
07-07-2010, 03:41 PM
not sure if this is supposed to be a bait, but no.

he will get paid and would be a nice piece, but no.

still1ballin
07-07-2010, 03:42 PM
lol

tbomlad
07-07-2010, 03:46 PM
one word- hell no- ok two words

pebloemer
07-07-2010, 03:49 PM
Do you think Haywood is a more important free agent than Boozer/Lee?

I would like to hear that argument so I can have something to laugh at today.

FarOutIos
07-07-2010, 04:03 PM
This has to be one of the dumbest things I've ever heard in my entire life...shut this thread down cause your a ******* faroutis

Wow. Harsh words. Must have touched a sore spot...

And I can be a ******* at times. But do you REALLY want to touch the beehive?

FarOutIos
07-07-2010, 04:10 PM
Do you think Haywood is a more important free agent than Boozer/Lee?

I would like to hear that argument so I can have something to laugh at today.

OK. Here it goes. Both finals teams had depth at PF/C. Both had great PF's. Garnett and Gasol. And both had defensive big men who could come in and stop teams. Bynum and Perkins.

It is my belief that the defensive big man is ESSENTIAL in winning a championship. Shaq. Duncan. Perkins. Bynum. Those types of players are really under appreciated.

I actually did a study using a statistics program years ago and came out with the factors that most influence a teams success. It was defensive rebounding and blocks.

Also, there are very few quality big men who fit that mold.

Of the remaining free agents, he is the lone quality 7 footer who is worth having, IMO.

How's that. Oh, and for Boozer and Lee... Both are a little undersized power forwards who rebound well. Sounds like quite a few players already in the league- Love, Landry, Blair, Scola, Haslem, Gibson, West, etc, etc...

Gene2420
07-07-2010, 04:30 PM
OK. Here it goes. Both finals teams had depth at PF/C. Both had great PF's. Garnett and Gasol. And both had defensive big men who could come in and stop teams. Bynum and Perkins.

It is my belief that the defensive big man is ESSENTIAL in winning a championship. Shaq. Duncan. Perkins. Bynum. Those types of players are really under appreciated.

I actually did a study using a statistics program years ago and came out with the factors that most influence a teams success. It was defensive rebounding and blocks.

Also, there are very few quality big men who fit that mold.

Of the remaining free agents, he is the lone quality 7 footer who is worth having, IMO.

How's that. Oh, and for Boozer and Lee... Both are a little undersized power forwards who rebound well. Sounds like quite a few players already in the league- Love, Landry, Blair, Scola, Haslem, Gibson, West, etc, etc...

Correlation is not causation!

The Raven
07-08-2010, 04:30 AM
Not even close