PDA

View Full Version : Kobe and Pau vs. Wade and Bosh

Avenged
07-07-2010, 10:58 AM
With the Heat acquiring Chris Bosh, I can't wait till the regular season to face them! I really feel Wade and Bosh could be a deadly duo so it will be interesting to match up with them and beat them. By the way the offseason is been shaping up, the Heat could very well be our toughest opponent with a little more shakeups to their roster.

Obviously, the majority of us feel the Lakers can take the Heat. But this really is going to be a good matchup.

What do you guys think about Bosh joining Wade in Miami?

J4KOP99
07-07-2010, 11:11 AM
It really isn't even close unless you mean them actually playing 2 v 2.

The Lakers have a complete TEAM, right now, the Heat have barely anything. Of course they will fill out their roster, and any squad that includes Bosh and Wade is a solid one but when it comes down to it, they won't be able to handle the Lakers size and depth.

Assuming the Heat do not sign any more "major" free-agents and end up getting a good shooter and a big man(say haywood or somebody... and even that is a stretch) along with a few other guys, how do they plan on attacking the Lakers?
Nobody in their right mind would say Bosh is better than Gasol, especially when you compare what the two have done and no I'm not talking about titles or any of that. Watching them play, Gasol is clearly better than Bosh. Gasol has an incredible post game, can shoot the ball, can rebound and can absolutely hold his own against any other big man in the league.

Bosh plays a more outside game, choosing to face up and shoot mid-range jumpers rather than bang around inside with his back to the basket. I saw him play twice against Howard and Garnett, both times getting dominated down low. He is a very solid player, and one of the best bigs, but Gasol has him in every aspect of the game.

Wade will get his points but we have Artest, Kobe and even Sasha to take turns guarding him. Rotate Bynum and Odom on the inside and once again, we have a clear size advantage... It is going to be hard for any team to compete with the Lakers.

truplayer199
07-07-2010, 11:27 AM
You're focusing too much on individual matchups. The Lakers clearly have an edge when it comes to size and experience. We have to wait and see who else the Heat sign before we can even have this discussion. Assuming that they both sign, the Heat will only have four players under contract.

showtym24
07-07-2010, 11:27 AM
They're gonna basically have a whole new team. Our guys have been together for a while and are back to back champs. We got all the chemistry in the world. And unless riley comes back we got the major coaching advantage.

LAdiablo
07-07-2010, 11:31 AM
you know riley is coming back because he is a cherry picker. maybe he waits until the old coach has them playing well then he steps in.

Iron24th
07-07-2010, 11:34 AM
They're gonna basically have a whole new team. Our guys have been together for a while and are back to back champs. We got all the chemistry in the world. And unless riley comes back we got the major coaching advantage.

True.

Chemistry is on our side.They have Wade and Bosh to match up with Kobe and Pau,that's OK.But who's on their team to match up with Bynum,Artest and L.O???

I would like to see them in the Finals,cause I like Wade's loyalty to his team.

But I have no doubt they can't match up with us unless they make more changes to their roster.

still1ballin
07-07-2010, 11:34 AM
It doesn't matter, the Heat can get who ever they want, they will not be able to touch us.

Iron24th
07-07-2010, 11:36 AM
It doesn't matter, the Heat can get who ever they want, they will not be able to touch us.

You should be rooting for the Heat to make it to the Finals ballin,then you'll be able to watch your Lakers in your city lol

Raidaz4Life
07-07-2010, 11:39 AM
I think it really depends on whether or not Bynum is healthy.

RidgeRaider24
07-07-2010, 11:42 AM
good duo, but until they fill out their roster and we see what happens, im sticking with my lakers all day

XDanny
07-07-2010, 12:15 PM
Guys the Heat were very competitive with the Lakers last year and even beat them. Now they have Bosh!!?!! It's not looking good for the Lakers...

still1ballin
07-07-2010, 12:23 PM
You should be rooting for the Heat to make it to the Finals ballin,then you'll be able to watch your Lakers in your city lol

Yes and no. Only if Lakers win. I would not be able to stand if the Heat beat the Lakers in the finals. I will never hear the end of it.

8kobe24
07-07-2010, 12:25 PM
Guys the Heat were very competitive with the Lakers last year and even beat them. Now they have Bosh!!?!! It's not looking good for the Lakers...

The Lakers are well known for playing down to the opponents level. Outside of Wade, they barely had anyone last year. This year the heat got a couple of chips that might spark the Lakers to play a little bit harder.;)

static_inferno
07-07-2010, 12:55 PM
If...
Kobe > Wade
Pau > Bosh
Then...
Kobe + Pau > Wade + Bosh
Lakers > Heat

Iron24th
07-07-2010, 12:57 PM
Yes and no. Only if Lakers win. I would not be able to stand if the Heat beat the Lakers in the finals. I will never hear the end of it.

Come on bro,if I talk to you about that,you know the only possible end is another Lakers win.

still1ballin
07-07-2010, 01:30 PM
No doubt. You know I will be making bets and wearing my Laker gear out here in Miami

BrewinRamLakers
07-07-2010, 01:37 PM
If by some miracle though Lebron signs with them too, then they will be the favorites.

New Power House
07-07-2010, 01:49 PM
With the Heat acquiring Chris Bosh, I can't wait till the regular season to face them! I really feel Wade and Bosh could be a deadly duo so it will be interesting to match up with them and beat them. By the way the offseason is been shaping up, the Heat could very well be our toughest opponent with a little more shakeups to their roster.

Obviously, the majority of us feel the Lakers can take the Heat. But this really is going to be a good matchup.

I got the feeling that the union of the new big three is close to happen. All of these three player know Kobe and Paul very well and they also know that two of them can not beat them. They are going to join forces to try to take it from them. Unless something out of the blues happens,I see this coming.Tomorrow the Queen will announce that he is going there. With this move,they show how fearful and worthless they are. Lakers and Kobe now have a stronger reason to play next year. Lakers will eventually get better because they have just one or two pieces to add to the bench and go for the challenge. Bynum again will be a mayor key in this equation. If he comes healthy and performs at least to the level that he was playing before injuries slowed him down,the Lakers will defeat them. It is going to be probably the best two teams ever assemble in the history of the NBA.:speechless:

GeraldRFord
07-07-2010, 01:51 PM
I'm still more scared of the Celtics than the Heat.

Wanna know something?

Bryant > Wade
Gasol > Bosh

And they don't even have any other players. The Lakers are star studded to the bench with Derek Fisher (who we'll hate in January, love in June), Lamar Odom, Andrew Bynum, Steve Blake, Ron Artest, etc. This whole roster can play. Miami is a two man team, and one of their two men is the NBA's overrated answer to Rupaul.

New Power House
07-07-2010, 01:59 PM

Heat went fishing and the Lakers still the two times champ. Regular season is a complete different animal,just ask Lebron and Co.:rolleyes: THe Heat will be better with this addition that even have the potential to be Lebron's tomorrow surprise announcement to join them too. Then I will say that Heat will be considered the favorite otherwise not. Lakers might be just waiting to see the last move of the "New Big Three" and then they might pull their ace to counterattack them. Odom is the wild card along with Sasha's expiring contract. Lebron's move tomorrow is going to reshape the east Power house and it might trigger a Buss showing them who is the boss on the game of cards. :D

Kobe4Life
07-07-2010, 02:00 PM

Great matchup? LOL.....they got about 8 more positions to fill. I'm glad you know how matchups works.:facepalm:

New Power House
07-07-2010, 02:04 PM
I'm still more scared of the Celtics than the Heat.

Wanna know something?

Bryant > Wade
Gasol > Bosh

And they don't even have any other players. The Lakers are star studded to the bench with Derek Fisher (who we'll hate in January, love in June), Lamar Odom, Andrew Bynum, Steve Blake, Ron Artest, etc. This whole roster can play. Miami is a two man team, and one of their two men is the NBA's overrated answer to Rupaul.

Celtics are done! Lakers next year will be better and healthier. Miami is actually now potential the new power house to come and challenge them,particularly, if they get Lebron tomorrow. Lakers will have and edge because their bench will be better,but if they come together is going to be them and the Lakers every year until Kobe runs out of gas or the Lakers get another all star like Melo or CP2 in the near future. It will be like the Lakers against Boston in the 80's.

numba1CHANGsta
07-07-2010, 02:04 PM
Blake/Fisher>Chalmers
Kobe=Wade
Artest>Whichever shooter they get
Pau=Bosh
Bynum>Whichever bigman they get
Lakers Bench>Heat Bench
Phil Jackson>>>>>Spoelstra

So unless Pat Riley comes back to coach and the Heat sign Lebron, they wont be a threat to us

FakeBlackMamba
07-07-2010, 02:14 PM
Miami needs to add many many more pieces.

Wade + Bosh puts them in the conversation with KG + Pierce, Dwight + Vince, Lebrick + Amare (maybe), but does not put them ahead of Kobe + Pau + LO + Drew + Blake + Ron Ron

LakersWin
07-07-2010, 02:14 PM
Riles wanted LO at one time because he knows he is a match up problem !!

nanablvd
07-07-2010, 02:17 PM
Every year there are always teams that are considered favorites to knock the champ down. Cleveland was the team last year, had the best record in the league, before they suffered in the playoff. If Miami is able to build a good roster on paper by the end of summer, I am not surprised they will become one of the contenders in the talks. Having said that, the champ is always at the top until a team officially knocks them down. This is the privilege the Lakers deserve throughout next season

MJL
07-07-2010, 02:55 PM
It's not 2 on 2 in NBA, but even is, Kobe and Pau is better.
The problem with Heat is what the rest of the roster looks like after they spend all their money on Wade and Bosh. They have Beasley, but after that, they got nobody.
We got LO, Bynum, Ronron, and Blake now. What Heat has?

truplayer199
07-07-2010, 03:13 PM
Blake/Fisher>Chalmers
Kobe=Wade
Artest>Whichever shooter they get
Pau=Bosh
Bynum>Whichever bigman they get
Lakers Bench>Heat Bench
Phil Jackson>>>>>Spoelstra

So unless Pat Riley comes back to coach and the Heat sign Lebron, they wont be a threat to us

In what way is Kobe & Pau = to Wade & Bosh. Kobe is better than Wade, same applies to Pau and Bosh.

Don't focus on individual matchups so much. Two years ago Houston took us to 7 games without one allstar on their playoffs roster.

numba1CHANGsta
07-07-2010, 03:29 PM
In what way is Kobe & Pau = to Wade & Bosh. Kobe is better than Wade, same applies to Pau and Bosh.

Don't focus on individual matchups so much. Two years ago Houston took us to 7 games without one allstar on their playoffs roster.

I didn't want to look too biased lol ;) and yeah i know individual matchups can be over rated, but I was making the point of how much more talented the Lakers are and how much more the Heat need to get done to get in our level :)

BigGuy951
07-07-2010, 04:25 PM
I'm not scared as it is. I hope they don't get Raja Bell now..Mitch..You're a poker player..Get 'er done.

Bruno
07-07-2010, 04:53 PM
The Heat still have a lot of work to do to be better than the Lakers. They need to move Beasley, or hope he becomes a legit 3rd option. They still don't match up well against Orlando, and would lose against Orlando unless Wade has an incredible series. As long as LBJ doesn't jump on the gravy train we have nothing to worry about.

x_notorious
07-07-2010, 05:21 PM
If by some miracle though Lebron signs with them too, then they will be the favorites.

No. The favorite are the defending two time champs. Until some other team hoists the trophy, the Lakers are the team to beat. Period.

I'm also loving how these big men are moving to Eastern Conference (Amare, Boozer). Fresh meat to feast on for Pau and Drew.

FakeBlackMamba
07-07-2010, 05:30 PM
No. The favorite are the defending two time champs. Until some other team hoists the trophy, the Lakers are the team to beat. Period.

I'm also loving how these big men are moving to Eastern Conference (Amare, Boozer). Fresh meat to feast on for Pau and Drew.

I so agree with you! Pau and Drew and Odom are gonna have a lot of fun next year. Number 1 in the West and then beat down the Heat in the Finals!

3-peat

snspacer31
07-07-2010, 05:39 PM
lakers should get haywood

BigGuy951
07-07-2010, 05:39 PM

Exactly! :hi5:

shep33
07-07-2010, 05:44 PM
Mamba and Pau. Lakers all day, every day.

kid24
07-07-2010, 06:07 PM
bring it.:)

Avenged
07-07-2010, 07:51 PM
Great matchup? LOL.....they got about 8 more positions to fill. I'm glad you know how matchups works.:facepalm:

If you don't know what I'm talking about it's best to stay silent.

Anyways, I just asked about thoughts with Bosh joining Wade in Miami.

So relax. :)

kArSoN RyDaH
07-07-2010, 08:00 PM
If you don't know what I'm talking about it's best to stay silent.

Anyways, I just asked about thoughts with Bosh joining Wade in Miami.

So relax. :)

yeaa it should be an exciting match up when we play them. kobe vs wade. gasol vs bosh. 4 all stars on one court. possibly 5 if bynum shapes up this year and doesnt get hurt. ill still take the lakers though. our length is too much for any team in the league. even if they do pick up lebron the lakers are still IMO favored to win them. bosh is no match up for bynum or gasol in the post. along with lamar odom. should be exciting this year watching kobe do what he does best. WIN!

FakeBlackMamba
07-07-2010, 08:14 PM
Dan Lebatard from the Miami Herald said on his radio show that a source that has never failed him told him he is 100% sure lebron is going to MIA........not good news. i do not want to see lakers going up against wade, bosh and lebrick.....gonna be a tough. kobe ain't backing down though thats for sure.

lakersincebirth
07-07-2010, 08:34 PM
both are just gonna get injured halfway through the season...:facepalm:

lakersincebirth
07-07-2010, 08:37 PM
Dan Lebatard from the Miami Herald said on his radio show that a source that has never failed him told him he is 100% sure lebron is going to MIA........not good news. i do not want to see lakers going up against wade, bosh and lebrick.....gonna be a tough. kobe ain't backing down though thats for sure.

i thought you meant Lebron ****** lol so sorry...:D

Lakers_ftw
07-07-2010, 08:49 PM
Kobe is better than DWade
Pau is better than Bosh
I don't get what the excitement is all about. As much as I hate Boston, they will go farther in the playoffs...unless maybe they can add Lebron to that team.

Avenged
07-07-2010, 09:02 PM
I wouldn't be surprised to see Lebron join Wade and Bosh.

In all honesty, I'm kind of expecting it.

numba1CHANGsta
07-07-2010, 09:52 PM

Only way Lebron goes to MIA is by S&T by either Lebron or Bosh so that would mean beasley and/or chalmers are gone, leaving the Heat with a 3 man roster and a bunch of rookies and old men in wheelchairs :eyebrow:

showtime24
07-07-2010, 11:25 PM
miami with wade & bosh, lakers is still the better team experience and depth wise plus our bench will be better than the previous season.

I think its bulls that has the talent to come out in the east, they got booze as their PF. imagine if lebron joins them too.

Rose
Deng
Lebron/JJ
Boozer/Gibson
Noah

junion
07-07-2010, 11:54 PM
this is a really good acquisition by the heat.

i bet dwyane wade feels how kobe felt when the lakers got pau.

but what it all comes down to is chemistry and how well they will fit together, along with the rest of the team.

examples: lakers with pau, shaq with phoenix, shaq and jamison with cavs, the dallas mavericks, celtics and racheed etc. it could be good or bad.

Avenged
07-08-2010, 12:38 AM
miami with wade & bosh, lakers is still the better team experience and depth wise plus our bench will be better than the previous season.

I think its bulls that has the talent to come out in the east, they got booze as their PF. imagine if lebron joins them too.

Rose
Deng
Lebron/JJ
Boozer/Gibson
Noah

As of right now, assuming Lebron doesn't join the Bulls, even with the acquisition of Boozer, I don't think they have enough to get out of the East. They're a young team with limited experience which comes up huge in the playoffs.

BrewinRamLakers
07-08-2010, 03:52 AM

Except the Lakers are in the west not the east. I meant to say they will be the favorites in the east.