PDA

View Full Version : Can Miami Fill Out Their Roster?

JasonJohnHorn
07-07-2010, 09:48 AM
If rumours are true and Wade and bosh both sign with Miami, how is this squad going to be able to fill out their roster with two players eating up the majority of their cap space?

Two players can only do so much. Like New York, Miami has tried to clear cap space in hopes of signing big name free agents, and also like New York all those players whose contracts expire will likely not be playing for Miami (or New York) meaning Miami will have a hard time filling up their starting line-up let alone their bench.

Are teams like Miami and New York possible going to be able to put a legit roster on the floor when big name free agents had sucked up their cap space?

BALLER71
07-07-2010, 09:53 AM
We have 12 million left...

and Beasley/Chalmers and 4 rookies.

dnewguy
07-07-2010, 09:54 AM
If rumours are true and Wade and bosh both sign with Miami, how is this squad going to be able to fill out their roster with two players eating up the majority of their cap space?

Two players can only do so much. Like New York, Miami has tried to clear cap space in hopes of signing big name free agents, and also like New York all those players whose contracts expire will likely not be playing for Miami (or New York) meaning Miami will have a hard time filling up their starting line-up let alone their bench.

Are teams like Miami and New York possible going to be able to put a legit roster on the floor when big name free agents had sucked up their cap space?

YES. You start with Wade and Bosh and every other pieces fall in place.

king4day
07-07-2010, 09:56 AM
If that rumored Oneil and Beasley for Heywood trade happens, they can also go for a shooter like Miller or Korver and a PG like Ridnour or Felton. Then they can just fill out the roster how they want (Kurt Thomas can be had for the Vet Min it sounds like).

ManRam
07-07-2010, 09:58 AM
Of course they can. How great will it be? Who knows. There are going to be a lot of teams out there who feel like they missed out, and might subsequently start offering bigger contracts to the mid-end FAs like Miller, Felton, Ridnour, Redick or even Allen, Scola and Haywood. It might be difficult.

Sly Guy
07-07-2010, 10:05 AM
well the whole beasley/chalmers thing isn't a good start, and specifically the case of beasley will be hard to move to create more flexibility under the cap. Regardless, it's still do-able, and there's a lot of time left in the offseason.

_Supreme_
07-07-2010, 10:07 AM
Simplified situation:

Beasley & Chalmers = $5M
Wade & Bosh = $34M I guess

Total current salary = $39M

NBA cap 2010/2010 = probably around $56M

That leaves about $17 million to spend, which can still buy some quality players...

Like I said in the other thread we have 3 rookies drafted this year, one from last year who could make the roster, and a qualifying offer to Joel Anthony.

And I am sure one or two minimum wage vets will join the team.

PG - Vet/Chalmers/Beverly
SG - Wade/Vet/(Butler)
SF - FA signing/Varnado/(Butler)
PF - Bosh/Beasley
C - Anthony/FA signing/Pittman

Vets/(sign&)trades and free agent signings could be guys like Felton, Mike Miller, Haywood, Ridnour, Kurt Thomas, Rasual Butler, Raja Bell, Eddie House, Earl Watson etc. I could be wrong on a couple of these guys, but you get the picture about what is left to round out a team with.

Haslem is known to want to return to Miami.

Tmac is also still there I think, and AI.

marlinsfan24
07-07-2010, 10:09 AM
Got cap space, 4 players under cap contract, and 3 rookies who are going to join. That's 7 players under contract with some cap space available.

S-Dot
07-07-2010, 10:11 AM
Simplified situation:

Beasley & Chalmers = $5M

That leaves about $17 million to spend, which can still buy some quality players...

Like I said in the other thread we have 3 rookies drafted this year, one from last year who could make the roster, and a qualifying offer to Joel Anthony.

SG - Wade/Vet/(Butler)
PF - Bosh/Beasley

Vets/(sign&)trades and free agent signings could be guys like Felton, Mike Miller, Haywood, Ridnour, Kurt Thomas, Rasual Butler, Raja Bell, Eddie House, Earl Watson etc. I could be wrong on a couple of these guys, but you get the picture about what is left to round out a team with.

You make some good points....no way in hell Vanardo is playing small forward though. Is there a timetable for De'Sean Butler's return? I hope he can bounce back from that knee injury.

BALLER71
07-07-2010, 10:19 AM
You make some good points....no way in hell Vanardo is playing small forward though. Is there a timetable for De'Sean Butler's return? I hope he can bounce back from that knee injury.

Varnardo is more of a PF.

Butler I heard might be back in October.

Swashcuff
07-07-2010, 10:20 AM
YES. You start with Wade and Bosh and every other pieces fall in place.

This

thekmp211
07-07-2010, 10:25 AM
of course they can.

they should target heywood and miller.

Swashcuff
07-07-2010, 10:25 AM
Simplified situation:

Beasley & Chalmers = $5M

SG - Wade/Vet/(Butler)
PF - Bosh/Beasley

Nice! I'd really like to See A.I. as Chamblers/Wade's back-up. Also its really I believe that they'll get back Q and I think they'd need an upgrade at starting C. But all and all they'll still be able to put together a decent supporting cast together. I do believe though that they should part ways with Beasley if they can get a legit C in return.

fredv
07-07-2010, 10:29 AM
Similar to Tmac&Yao situation in 2004. 2 Allstars, crappy role players.

J_M_B
07-07-2010, 10:30 AM
As a Heat fan, I would a lineup of:

Ridnour
Wade
Miller
Bosh
Haywood

But again that is my dream scenario..

I wouldn't be shocked if the Heat were able to land two of them.

JordansBulls
07-07-2010, 10:33 AM
Miami vs Boston would be a great series now.

STL/Mizzou/DZ
they need a center b/c Bosh wont play it. I say Heywood and maybe josh howard at sf

Gibby23
They should get Boozer and Miller and fill the rest out with minimum guys.

Chalmers
Wade
Miller
Boozer
Bosh

heattiltheend94
07-07-2010, 10:37 AM
Felton 7/Chalmers .85/ Arroyo .75
Wade 16.5/Reddick 2/ Butler .5
TMac 1.15/ Buter .75
bosh 16.5/ Varnado .75
Haywood 6.5/ Anthony 1.5

Trade Beasley to Mavs for Haywood, and all this adds up to 54.25 which Under the cap

J_M_B
07-07-2010, 10:38 AM

Miami still has around $17 million worth of cap space to spend on some quality role players..

Guys like Luke Ridnour, Mike Miller, Raja Bell, Brendan Haywood, Joel Przybilla, Brad Miller, Earl Watson, Derek Fisher, Tracy McGrady, Quentin Richardson, Udonis Haslem, Kyle Korver, Roger Mason, etc.

There are still a lot of good role players out on the market..

I wouldn't be surprise if Miami can sign 3 of these guys, now that they have Bosh and Wade.

Gibby23
07-07-2010, 10:43 AM
Miami still has around $17 million worth of cap space to spend on some quality role players..

Guys like Luke Ridnour, Mike Miller, Raja Bell, Brendan Haywood, Joel Przybilla, Brad Miller, Earl Watson, Derek Fisher, Tracy McGrady, Quentin Richardson, Udonis Haslem, Kyle Korver, Roger Mason, etc.

There are still a lot of good role players out on the market..

I wouldn't be surprise if Miami can sign 3 of these guys, now that they have Bosh and Wade.

Shut yo mouth!

Giantwarrior
07-07-2010, 10:43 AM
regardless of what team the Heat will have next season. I think they will still be behind Orlando and Boston.

mpickup
07-07-2010, 10:45 AM
Well, I guess this isn't a big surprise, bringing in Bosh.

...here's an article from a few weeks ago, about how the HEAT could build a roster around Wade and Bosh ... although it doesn't include a possibility of LeBron.

http://www.nbadaily.net/homegrown.cfm?Articleid=56

Hoopsadvocate
07-07-2010, 10:47 AM
So many vets available worse case scenario i can see.

pg: Chalmers/Arroyo
sg: Wade/Bell
sf: Q rich/ Stackhouse
pf: Bosh/ Juwan Howard
c: Miller/Pittman

Pretty good team.

Now thats worse case now imagine the trades riley has set up i hear dallas and portland are in talks so i have no doubt we will have a legit TEAM but wade and bosh are definitley enough to compete the rest will just secure a finals appearance.

97NYer
07-07-2010, 10:52 AM
They could fill out the roster quite easily after Wade/Bosh. The question is would they be able to fill out the roster if LeBron joined the party? (Which he won't)

GSPftw
07-07-2010, 10:53 AM
You start with Wade and Bosh and every other pieces fall in place.

Hahaha yeah guys it's that simple! Just add water! :rolleyes:

But seriously i don't see these two guys plus thier recent roll players getting past the 2nd round. They do have cap space but they will have to use the rest of it carefully and PRAY that Bosh and Wade stay healthy.

The last thing they need to do is go crazy and sign some overrated FA like Boozer. They wil be kicking themselves for clearing out SO much talent just for cap space.

rufo4100
07-07-2010, 10:54 AM
They will easily fill out their roster using the MLE...sign and trades, rookies and veteran minimums etc....The Celtics did this a few years ago so Miami can certainly do it.

Cbast09
07-07-2010, 10:59 AM
they will easily fill out their roster using the mle...sign and trades, rookies and veteran minimums etc....the celtics did this a few years ago so miami can certainly do it.
bingo!

_Supreme_
07-07-2010, 11:02 AM
They will easily fill out their roster using the MLE...sign and trades, rookies and veteran minimums etc....The Celtics did this a few years ago so Miami can certainly do it.

The MLE is only for teams over the cap (next year though we will), but yeah the roster will be filled out without much problems.

If we also get Lebron, and I don't expect we will, Tmac might even sign for a the vet minimum :smoking:

fredv
07-07-2010, 11:07 AM

Miami doesn't have the MLE. They don't have much in S&T to offer, especially if Bosh comes through a S&T.

I could see them adding Miller, but he wants more than the MLE (Lakers offered him that and he declined if i'm not mistakken). So lets say around $5M for him.

They need to add a true Center because Bosh won't play there. I see Haywood as a very good addition. That can be had through a trade.

Still around $10M to spend to find a PG. Felton is only a slight upgrade over Calderon, so don't be surprised if you see him heading to Miami in that Toronto S&T.

Calderon or Felton/crap
Wade/crap
Miller/crap
Bosh/crap
Haywood/crap

Top 4 in the East no doubt. Remains too see how they will gel and how the chemistry will be, which is extremely important for the playoffs.
Outside of Wade, this team is a white canvas.

Oh and btw Heat fans, I think you guys can thank Dwayne Wade, and Henry Thomas, instead of Pat Riley. They are the guys who did the real work IMO.

NBA-GMaster
07-07-2010, 11:08 AM
Yup.. just sign a young minimum players..

RCarlson85
07-07-2010, 11:09 AM
As a Heat fan, I would a lineup of:

Ridnour
Wade
Miller
Bosh
Haywood

But again that is my dream scenario..

I wouldn't be shocked if the Heat were able to land two of them.

I like this lineup with the exception of PG. I would like to put Felton there or for the Heat to do the deal that has been mentioned with Portland for Andre Miller.

NBA-GMaster
07-07-2010, 11:17 AM
Scottie Reynolds, Jon Scheyer, Manny Harris,Sheron Collins.. Tmac could be in addition for 1.5 Mil..

NBA-GMaster
07-07-2010, 11:21 AM
Udonis Haslem could be sign towards Larry Bird's exception..

infamous46
07-07-2010, 11:25 AM
^yup a team can go over the cap by re-signing their own players Jermaine O'neil has played with Bosh b4, Orroyo wants to return too and Q-Rich played pretty good last year

RCarlson85
07-07-2010, 11:30 AM
If we end up with Wade, Bosh, and Lebron we could just resign Joel Anthony. He would be a great center with those guys because he would provide great D and rebounding. With those 3, the center doesn't need to be a scorer.

Karnivore
I personally think their rookie class, while not high draft picks, can certainly be quality role players. Varnardo is a very good defensive player, Pittman is undersized yet effective, and Butler was looking like a 1st roudn like until the knee. If they also get Scottie Reynolds I would say their backups while not the best would be serviceable.

NBA-GMaster
Problem bout Jermaine O'neal he didnt play atleast 3 years in miami and same in toronto.. I think he could not be resign through this.. Same with Arroyo and Q-Rich..

NBA-GMaster
07-07-2010, 11:32 AM
If we end up with Wade, Bosh, and Lebron we could just resign Joel Anthony. He would be a great center with those guys because he would provide great D and rebounding. With those 3, the center doesn't need to be a scorer.

Yup!! :clap:

Gambeezy
07-07-2010, 12:30 PM
It's hard to say you wouldn't want to see the greatest trio of all time take shape. I would feel more comfortable with a deeper bench, but nothing is guaranteed. We could strike out in the FA just as easily. But, with LBJ/Wade/Bosh you have a championship core that could be surrounded with average players and vets and could still produce a championship. Who do you double team? All 3 can create for themselves/penetrate the lane/shoot from inside to outside and can play D. Not to mention any 3 could explode and completely take over an entire game at any moment.

Match-up issues defensively? Wade can cover any pg-sg's. Lebron can cover any sg-sf-pf (arguably pg's as well) and Bosh is relegated to pf's but can cover some softer centers in the league. We really just need to sign a defensive-minded center and a pg who can play a bit of 'D' and knock down the 3. We could resign Dorell/Haslem and a few players from last season with their BIRD RIGHTS and fill out the tail-end of our roster with this year's draft picks. Things are certainly going to get interesting post-LeBron announcement.

Chronz
07-07-2010, 12:47 PM

Similar if thats the extent of your analysis, even a modest amount of effort would show they arent even comparable.

1. Wade is better than Tmac was at year 1
2. Wade wont have to wait for his big to become a franchise player, Bosh is already at that point. Tmac had to wait until year 3 for Yao to finally shine.
3. The Heat have alot more flexibility than the Rox did, Rox had a ton of ugly contracts on the books.

Draco
07-07-2010, 12:52 PM
'Tmac?' They should call him 'Tarmac' because his playoff aspirations never got off the ground. :rimshot:

dnewguy
07-07-2010, 12:54 PM
Wade and Bosh just vowed to take less than max.....Heat are in contact with Ray Allen, Portland and several other teams to upgrade their roster.

Swashcuff
07-07-2010, 12:59 PM
They should get Boozer and Miller and fill the rest out with minimum guys.

Chalmers
Wade
Miller
Boozer
Bosh

thats just unrealistic,i'd expect a better suggestion from u bro

Gambeezy
07-07-2010, 01:00 PM
Wade and Bosh just vowed to take less than max.....Heat are in contact with Ray Allen, Portland and several other teams to upgrade their roster.

If you're referring to the interview with Michael Wilbon on ESPN, you're wrong.

Wade said he was open to the idea of taking less than the Max. Bosh never said anything regarding the notion. Since Bosh could potentially be missing out on the S&T with Raptors, I doubt he'll be willing to take even less than the 30 million he's already potentially lost out on.

roshan3ai
07-07-2010, 01:06 PM
Of course they can. Still around 11 million left in cap. They can go out and sign Haywood and Richard Jefferson possibly.

JOSKOMANG4
07-07-2010, 01:11 PM
Filling out the roster:

1) Sign SG Raja Bell 4yr 18mill

2) Sign PG Keyon Dooling(vets minimum)

3) Sign C Shaquille O'Neal 1yr 5 mill.

4) Resign Joel Anthony(vets minimum) & Quentin Richardson(vets minimum)

Lineup:

C) Shaq
PF) Bosh
SF) Beasley
SG) Wade
PG) Chalmers

Bench:

PG) Dooling
SG) R.Bell
SF/SG) Q.Richardson
C) J.Anthony
SF/SG) D.Butler(Rookie)
PF/SF) T.Varnardo(rookie)
C) D.Pittman(rookie)

koLohe2133
07-07-2010, 01:23 PM
they can sign adam morrison and either have him or dorell wright start at the 3

LA_Raiders
07-07-2010, 01:23 PM
They will be alright, but I still think is going to take them about 3 years to compete for a championship...

R_O_W_E
07-07-2010, 01:29 PM
Filling out the roster:

1) Sign SG Raja Bell 4yr 18mill

2) Sign PG Keyon Dooling(vets minimum)

3) Sign C Shaquille O'Neal 1yr 5 mill.

4) Resign Joel Anthony(vets minimum) & Quentin Richardson(vets minimum)

Lineup:

C) Shaq
PF) Bosh
SF) Beasley
SG) Wade
PG) Chalmers

Bench:

PG) Dooling
SG) R.Bell
SF/SG) Q.Richardson
C) J.Anthony
SF/SG) D.Butler(Rookie)
PF/SF) T.Varnardo(rookie)
C) D.Pittman(rookie)

Raja Bell is not getting $4 Million per year, hes not the same player he was 3 years ago. He will be trying to get the Veterans minimum.

AI
07-07-2010, 01:29 PM
Heat will trade J. O'Neal & Beasley to Dallas for Brendan Haywood & possibly a back-up point guard either Rodrigue Beaboius (or however the ***** it's spelled or JJ Barea). That will free up even more cap-space. Raja Bell has said he want's to sign in Miami also. The foundation has been set, that being Wade & Bosh and they certainly have a mastermind in Riley to put the pieces of the puzzle together. In the end, the Heat's roster will be a great one they could still get Lebron James although it seems like he will likely stay in Cleveland or join Amare in NY.

PG -
SG Dwyane Wade
SF -
PF Chris Bosh
C Brendan Haywood

Bench

PG Chalmers
SG -
SF De'Sean Butler
PF -
C -

Kevin_Fizzano11
07-07-2010, 01:38 PM
Felton
Wade
Miller or Jefferson
Bosh
Haywood

rasheed34
07-07-2010, 01:49 PM
I think yall r forgetting a couple of vets who would play for a ring:

SG - Wade/Vet/(Butler)/Iverson
SF - Ray Allen/Varnado/(Butler)
PF - Bosh/Beasley/Haslem(re-sign)
C - Anthony/[B]Shaq/Pittman

Carey
07-07-2010, 01:49 PM
I'd def. try to move Beasley, not that he's a bad player but his most productive position is the 4 which is now occupied by Bosh for heavy mins. They need an enforcer at center, a couple shooters and defenders. I really like Da'sean Butler for them as a backup 3, Varnado could be a energy 4 off the bench. Patrick Beverly is said to be a great defender and pretty athletic and Pittman i think the 3rd Center at this point. I also think they need at least 1 more capable double figure scorer.

ShowTimeHeat
07-07-2010, 01:57 PM
no doubt they can fill it...players that want a ring will come to Miami.

Hawkeye15
07-07-2010, 02:04 PM
$12 million left with Beasley and Chalmers on the roster. Pittman could play a little right away, and Butler will recover for the 2011-12 season, if not by later in the season to play some. Varnando will contribute as a charlie hustle type. They basically need to attract some vets around them. Mike Miller may be an option, Ryan Gomes, and a number of these caliber of players may be willing to take a small deal to win

FarOutIos
07-07-2010, 02:18 PM
Yes. Dumb question.

The question is who/how, not if.

hugepatsfan
07-07-2010, 02:22 PM
I think it will be a year before MIA wins a title. Look at their only title - it took 2 years. Shaq was aquired and Wade was developed in year 1. They lost in the ECF that year. Then the next year they got their role players and won. I see that happening again. Two year plan.

awmathewsjr
07-07-2010, 02:38 PM
Maybe it's just me but I don't see Miami all of a sudden becoming a contender because they got Bosh. They need so much more

Baseballcb95
07-07-2010, 02:54 PM
Maybe it's just me but I don't see Miami all of a sudden becoming a contender because they got Bosh. They need so much more

?

Last year, 45+ wins, chalmers wade qrich beasley o'neal

This year (projected) Felton Wade Miller Bosh Haywood

thats a 60+ win team honestly... you do realize what wade is capable of, right? He put the heat on his back in 06 with a lineup consisting of williams, walker, and haslem...

Young2Kinsler
07-07-2010, 03:01 PM
Dallas will help them... JO and Beasley for Haywood, Barea, Stevenson, Najera

Young2Kinsler
07-07-2010, 03:04 PM
Of course they can. Still around 11 million left in cap. They can go out and sign Haywood and Richard Jefferson possibly.

Not even close, since Haywood is asking in the 9-11 mil range per yr.

USM2012
07-07-2010, 03:08 PM
Not even close, since Haywood is asking in the 9-11 mil range per yr.

He may be asking for that but he has only been offered the MLE so far so we could probably sign him for something close to that price. And he would probably take a slight paycut to play with our lineup and no state tax.

Swashcuff
07-07-2010, 03:14 PM

No one player is going to make them contend and everybody and their mama especially Pat Riley knows that. The heat are not done and they are going to contend next season. Dwayne Wade and Pat Riley is going to ensure that.

hugepatsfan
07-07-2010, 03:18 PM
?

thats a 60+ win team honestly... you do realize what wade is capable of, right? He put the heat on his back in 06 with a lineup consisting of williams, walker, and haslem...

That is a 60 win team. BOS would win 70 if LBJ took the MLE. That Has the same chance of heppening as MIA gettin Felton, Miller, AND Haywood.

AI
07-07-2010, 03:22 PM
Do any of you guys have ESPN Insider? There's an article about how Miami will fill our their roster etc etc.

Hokysfan
07-07-2010, 03:23 PM
what about the rumor where Heat trade Beasley and Chalmers to Portland for Andre Miller and Rudy Fernandez.. What is your thoughts

h2r09
07-07-2010, 03:27 PM
what about the rumor where Heat trade Beasley and Chalmers to Portland for Andre Miller and Rudy Fernandez.. What is your thoughts

yes rudy, always liked him. no miller, cant hit 3's. Id rather have chalmers.

SouljahPhil...
07-07-2010, 03:35 PM
?

are you drunk???

60 win in the east is a little farfetched...Only happening if you sign LBJ..

you go Boston-orlando-Atlanda-whoever signs james and maybe bulls...

Plus you got 2 games each with the west elites...

plus how you gonna end up with those 3? with only 10-14 million to spend... felton and miller would not take less than the mle...

Swashcuff
07-07-2010, 03:50 PM
yes rudy, always liked him. no miller, cant hit 3's. Id rather have chalmers.

Are you a mad man. A PG like Andre Miller is the best thing that can happen to the heat at the PG. Just becuase miller doesn't have a 3 ball you you'd prefer Chalmbers? Make there's much more to running the point on a championship calibre team than just being able to drain the 3.

Kyle916
07-07-2010, 03:53 PM
I think this is the downfall of the whole "starting from scratch" approach.

They're going to have to do a masterful job filling the roster with possibly 10+ more players that can mesh with Wade and Bosh (and have a significant impact because those two can't and won't do it all). It will be interesting to see how it turns out.

koLohe2133
07-07-2010, 05:26 PM
?

and shaq and gp with pat riley as the coach....nice argument meat

JasonJohnHorn
07-07-2010, 05:32 PM
Lets not forget, the Bosh is a sign and trade and will likely be sending chamber and Beasley to TO. That's two less players than most of you are assuming the Heat will have.

bostncelts34
07-07-2010, 05:36 PM
I think yall r forgetting a couple of vets who would play for a ring:

SG - Wade/Vet/(Butler)/Iverson
SF - Ray Allen/Varnado/(Butler)
PF - Bosh/Beasley/Haslem(re-sign)
C - Anthony/[B]Shaq/Pittman

please explain how they will sign Ray Allen,Haslem and Shaq with 11 mil in cap space.

Young2Kinsler
07-07-2010, 05:47 PM
Lets not forget, the Bosh is a sign and trade and will likely be sending chamber and Beasley to TO. That's two less players than most of you are assuming the Heat will have.

Is a sign and trade? Like that's fact? Try again, nothing out there suggest anything of the kind.

Young2Kinsler
07-07-2010, 05:48 PM

Nothing more than a rumor, was already shot down. And how does that help the Heat? They would still only have about 5 warm bodies on the roster, outside of rookies.

rhino17
07-07-2010, 06:27 PM
I believe they have about 12 million left to spend, so

-Sign Brendan Haywood for MLE
-Re-sign Udonis Haslem under Bird rights
-Sign Tracy McGrady to veteran minimum
-Sign Mike Miller to $6,000,000 yearly contract
-Sign their 3 rookie draft picks
-Sign Luke Ridnour to $4,000,000 yearly contract
-Sign Roger Mason Jr. to $2,500,000 yearly contract
-Sign rookie FA Scottie Reynolds to $1,500,000 contract

PG: Mario Chalmers/Luke Ridnour/Scottie Reynolds
SG: Dwayne Wade//Tracy McGrady/Roger Mason Jr.
SF: Mike Miller/Michael Beasly/De'Sean Butler
PF: Chris Bosh/Udonis Haslem/Jarvis Vernano
C: Brendan Haywood/Joel Anthony/Dexter Pittman

Chronz
07-07-2010, 06:49 PM
i dont think the heat have the mle

h2r09
07-07-2010, 06:53 PM
Are you a mad man. A PG like Andre Miller is the best thing that can happen to the heat at the PG. Just becuase miller doesn't have a 3 ball you you'd prefer Chalmbers? Make there's much more to running the point on a championship calibre team than just being able to drain the 3.

we dont need guys who can handle the ball if we get the big 3. I should have clarified, i would not want miller if we got the big 3. IF we get just what we have now, i wouldnt mind that if we also got a lot of sf and backup sg shooters. Miller is not a good fit if he cant shoot the 3.

VPNeedAssistanc
07-07-2010, 06:55 PM
Clueless kids have no idea what they are talking about, MLE contracts are given to teams OVER the cap. Does it look like the Heat are OVER the cap if they just signed two players for roughly 30m next year? How about you learn the rules before posting.

Klivlend
07-07-2010, 07:04 PM
If I was a player in the D-League, I'd be mailing Pat Riley and the rest of the Heat Front Office my highlights.

rhino17
07-07-2010, 07:04 PM
i dont think the heat have the mle

Why not?

Clueless kids have no idea what they are talking about, MLE contracts are given to teams OVER the cap. Does it look like the Heat are OVER the cap if they just signed two players for roughly 30m next year? How about you learn the rules before posting.

WRONG, any team gets an MLE to hand out, it has nothing to do with being over the cap, maybe you should learn the rules before calling people out.

Hoopsadvocate
07-07-2010, 07:06 PM
please explain how they will sign Ray Allen,Haslem and Shaq with 11 mil in cap space.

And how do u get that number? Thats right you dont know there cap nobody really does because wade and bosh said on national tv they would take paycuts to fill out a championship team so they are likely not signing for the max. they could take 15 mil each for example + Chalmers/beasley 6 mill would be 36 mil in salaries with cap holds for empty roster spots taking a little more. It can be estimated that at a projected 56 mil cap they would have 16-17 mil left to sign people.

second of all shaq would probably sign for the min to add more rings at this point (though i dont care for him much) Haslem would take 6-8 mil and ray is can go up to the MLE money (5-6) though i wouldnt be surprised at his age as well if he takes a paycut near minimum money to play for multiple championships in the short time he has left.

Point being its not about what they can do with how much money because that number is gonna be changing and i dont expect wade/bosh to officially sign until the contracts with every other significant role player is established. Because if they do say sign right now then they wont have that "flexibility" they spoke of publicly on espn as to why they chose the HEAT. Im guessing Riley talks to the role players be it Mike Miller, Ray allen, Udonis, Haywood, etc and see who really wants to play here and what kind of money they would settle for to be winners. He'll then take the ones he can afford and draw up contracts and fit Wade/Boshs near maxs as best he can since they already signed off on taking paycuts to win.

Chronz
07-07-2010, 07:08 PM
Why not?

WRONG, any team gets an MLE to hand out, it has nothing to do with being over the cap, maybe you should learn the rules before calling people out.

Take it easy guy, just because he went ape **** on you doesnt mean you should as well. Its true there are restrictions with the MLE if a team is under the CAP. Feel free to educate us though

heatking
07-07-2010, 07:08 PM
Why not?

:facepalm:

rhino17
07-07-2010, 07:20 PM
Take it easy guy, just because he went ape **** on you doesnt mean you should as well. Its true there are restrictions with the MLE if a team is under the CAP. Feel free to educate us though

Regardless, the plan I laid out would put them over the cap

LTS
07-07-2010, 07:27 PM
I could see alot of vets signing to win one more championship (ot guarenteed but you get the point) or there first in AI's case etc. Riley has plans I'm sure

KFlight86
07-07-2010, 07:30 PM

And that worked out wonderfully for them lol

awmathewsjr
07-08-2010, 11:32 AM
?

How can your projected starting lineup consist of 3 players that aren't on your team:facepalm:

Kakaroach
07-08-2010, 11:35 AM
Well it all depends on if they get LeBron or not. If not, they could go after guys like Mike Miller, Brendan Haywood, and others. Plus they have the 3 second rounders that don't count against the cap. If they do get LeBron they'll have to go after all min guys, which they would get but would be tough depending on who wants to go there.

awmathewsjr
07-08-2010, 11:37 AM

Miami would have to be over the cap as of July 8 to get a MLE.

h2r09
07-08-2010, 11:38 AM
Well it all depends on if they get LeBron or not. If not, they could go after guys like Mike Miller, Brendan Haywood, and others. Plus they have the 3 second rounders that don't count against the cap. If they do get LeBron they'll have to go after all min guys, which they would get but would be tough depending on who wants to go there.

it wouldnt have to be all minimum guys. If they all come hrere they arent getting max deals so that they could add a few other solid pieces around them, that is for sure. That is why they havent announced the terms of bosh's and wade's deals. ITs because thye dont have any terms yet, they have just ocmitted here.

celtsballa21
07-08-2010, 11:42 AM
Someones an idiot if they think Beasley would come off the bench. They need to go after either Haywood or Miller/ or both. They need a lot of veteran minimums, and get them by targeting older players who want a championship.

Wizard of O's
07-08-2010, 11:55 AM
They can't afford Haywood and/or Miller. Both of whom will earn far above the MLE. And no one is going to trade with them to help them out.

They won't get an MLE either since they aren't over the cap RIGHT NOW. today is the day to get it.

They aren't going to be able to fill out a roster with anything but veteran minimum guys like Juwan Howard, Brian Cook, etc.

TheChamp
07-08-2010, 12:03 PM
Well if the Heat were to also get LeBron they could do this:
1.) Do a sign and trade with the Raptors so Toronto gets Beasley and two rookies (not butler) for Chris Bosh. This clears a few million.
2.) Put Wade at point since he always brings up the ball for the Heat.
3.) De'Sean Butler at shooting guard.
4.) LeBron James at small forward.
5.) Chris Bosh at power forward.
6.) Resign Jermaine O'Neal with additional money left from sign and trade.
or....
If LeBron does not go to the Heat......
PG Chalmers, or trade aquisiton
SG Wade
SF Butler
PF Bosh
C O'Neal, Shaq, or trade aquisition

nuggetsyankees
07-08-2010, 12:48 PM
They should get Lebron so they can fill out their roster with quality bench players

Chronz
07-08-2010, 02:51 PM

Id imagine if it were that easy every team would do it, sadly I think the restriction is that if you start off under the cap (within a certain % or something) you dont get an MLE. But Ive seen teams use it even though they signed a free agent so dont think Im saying its not possible. Im just saying be open to criticism and you shouldnt have this attitude about things you clearly dont fully understand. Its the reason we clash, I usually dont care about what your saying, but the way you go about saying it.