PDA

View Full Version : Will Carlos Boozer sign with Chicago before LeBron James announces his decision?

Boston Faithful
07-07-2010, 09:25 AM
Now that New York has signed Amare and Miami got Bosh and Wade, will Chicago try to get back into the picture with signing Boozer now before LeBron announces his decision on Thursday night?

redwhitenblue
07-07-2010, 09:26 AM
Now that New York has signed Amare and Miami got Bosh and Wade, will Chicago try to get back into the picture with signing Boozer now before LeBron announces his decision on Thursday night?
I think they will ONLY because that will salvage their offseason regardless of if they get Wade or not. I don't think they'll do it to pitch to James.

Boozer is an asset the Bulls team have been lacking for years.

LionBryan
07-07-2010, 09:27 AM
Will Carlos Boozer stop being one of the most overrated players in the league after he signs?

S-Dot
Well they still have to compete with New Jersey.

Also, there have been rumors of Orlando offering some good players to Utah for him as well.

Chicago is in a tough spot with that situation.

J4KOP99
I would say yes. If I were a Bulls fan, I would be happy if we ended up with Boozer. That is a very solid core of players over there and they still can work with that roster via trades or even next years off-season.

Rose
?
Deng
Boozer
Noah

Cbast09
07-07-2010, 09:29 AM
If Chicago doesn't land Boozer, I don't see Lebron going there. Just my opinion.

redwhitenblue
Will Carlos Boozer stop being one of the most overrated players in the league after he signs?
Consistent double-double guy?

redwhitenblue
If Chicago doesn't land Boozer, I don't see Lebron going there. Just my opinion.
I don't think Boozer makes a huge impact either way.

phlp_bj
07-07-2010, 10:08 AM
i just want boozer in place of gibson starting next season. i would be pretty pissed if we came back with the same lineup with a minor signing. but i do think they could land boozer. i thought i read somewhere that boozer was willing to play for the bulls if they wanted him. i'm guessing lebron's going to make a big announcement saying that he is staying in cleveland. so maybe boozer + mike miller/ray allen?

PG: Derrick Rose
SG: Mike Miller
SF: Luol Deng
PF: Carlos Boozer
C: Joakim Noah

not a bad team at all

pistonsfanomg
07-07-2010, 10:11 AM
I would say yes. If I were a Bulls fan, I would be happy if we ended up with Boozer. That is a very solid core of players over there and they still can work with that roster via trades or even next years off-season.

Rose
?
Deng
Boozer
Noah

Hamilton for your 2011 first?

Thisisouryear!!
07-07-2010, 10:15 AM
Gotta figure at this point its to late, Lebron MUST have his mind set at this point....doubt hed change it the day he makes his decision if hes not already set on chicago....

THE MTL
07-07-2010, 10:15 AM
NO because they dont have the space for two Maxes and Boozer it appears that Boozer is going to get a max contract from someone.

pistonsfanomg
07-07-2010, 10:16 AM
Joe Dumars (Pistons President) said one or more teams will be shut out lmao and he said that his phone will be open.

marlinsfan24
07-07-2010, 10:17 AM

Nope. He's going to Chicago...

redwhitenblue
07-07-2010, 10:17 AM
NO because they dont have the space for two Maxes and Boozer it appears that Boozer is going to get a max contract from someone.
Really only the Bulls and Nets will be going after him. I'm not sure either will offer him a max.

JordansBulls
07-07-2010, 10:24 AM

Well we better go get him now.

Gibby23
07-07-2010, 10:25 AM
He is going to wait until Lebron decides. Some team will overpay him, it will be his last big payday.

heattiltheend94
07-07-2010, 10:27 AM
Chicago is getting desperate

arkanian215
07-07-2010, 10:31 AM
Chicago will be fine with or without Boozer. Noah's injury doesn't look like a long term problem and Deng is more than serviceable. Top that off with Rose. They'll be just fine.

Thisisouryear!!
07-07-2010, 10:45 AM
boozer will get max from someone,, if lebron goes to NY....chicago or NJ will be desprate so they wont get shut out and one will greatly overpay for him and give him max....

that is why u dont hear much from him, his best option is to wait it out and let lebron make his decision first.

jimbobjarree
07-07-2010, 10:57 AM
I dont see Boozer as much of a difference maker like the other big name free agents. If he were to sign with Chicago with them not signing another big name I bet he'll ghost out of Utah with them probably still being a 50 win team and ghost into Chicago probably winning them an extra handful of games. He's not that much of an impact player to suddenly make Chicago a contender, and they'll be left with an overpaid injury prone late-20s year old and a low seed (why none of us in the Jazz forum want us to pay up to keep him)

I still think the best place for him to go is Orlando

Hindy27
07-07-2010, 10:57 AM
boozer will get max from someone,, if lebron goes to NY....chicago or NJ will be desprate so they wont get shut out and one will greatly overpay for him and give him max....

that is why u dont hear much from him, his best option is to wait it out and let lebron make his decision first.
I doubt it.
1 will sign Boozer and the other will get Lee.

rufo4100
07-07-2010, 11:04 AM
I would not be surprised to see Boozer sign with chicago ASAP now that lebron has basically narrowed his decision to Miami or Cleveland.

thekmp211
07-07-2010, 11:07 AM

??

thekmp211
07-07-2010, 11:08 AM
boozer is a perfect fit for the bulls. a more natural fit than lebron.

boozer/noah front court is the stuff dreams are made of.

Cbast09
07-07-2010, 11:09 AM
boozer is a perfect fit for the bulls. a more natural fit than lebron.

boozer/noah front court is the stuff dreams are made of.
I agree.

D-Block21-Chito
07-07-2010, 11:10 AM
If Jazz can't compete with deron williams and boozer what makes you think he can with rose? Do not sign a max for this guy. Get lee and move on to the next year. FYI - Paxson sucks!

JordansBulls
07-07-2010, 11:25 AM
If Jazz can't compete with deron williams and boozer what makes you think he can with rose? Do not sign a max for this guy. Get lee and move on to the next year. FYI - Paxson sucks!

Maybe because the only team they lost to were teams that won it all.

camador22
07-07-2010, 11:29 AM
Chicago now has NJ to worry about throwing the max at Boozer. The Bulls to land Boozer must throw a max offer at him.

defender4m
07-07-2010, 11:30 AM
You guys can have booz for the max, the nets can take lee and ill be happy because in the long run lee will be a better signing than boozer

blade151
07-07-2010, 11:31 AM
i just want boozer in place of gibson starting next season. i would be pretty pissed if we came back with the same lineup with a minor signing. but i do think they could land boozer. i thought i read somewhere that boozer was willing to play for the bulls if they wanted him. i'm guessing lebron's going to make a big announcement saying that he is staying in cleveland. so maybe boozer + mike miller/ray allen?

PG: Derrick Rose
SG: Mike Miller
SF: Luol Deng
PF: Carlos Boozer
C: Joakim Noah

not a bad team at all

Thats actually a pretty good team and will make the EAST really interesting next year. Boozer is a stud and if Miami hadnt locked down Bosh, I would have wanted Booz starting next to Wade.

Mplsman
07-07-2010, 11:35 AM
Carlos Boozer would be a very nice addition in Chicago.

ohreally
07-07-2010, 11:38 AM
I think Chicago would be much better off with Lee. He doesn't demand the ball, he is very efficient, he's improving, he's healthy, and he averaged slightly better in assists while playing with the Knicks this year; imagine if he actually had a Rose to pass to.

Ray_R
07-07-2010, 11:41 AM
I would not be surprised to see Boozer sign with chicago ASAP now that lebron has basically narrowed his decision to Miami or Cleveland.

I thought it was Nets cavs or Chicago

kwstriker299
07-07-2010, 11:44 AM
Hamilton for your 2011 first?

Sign me up

29$JerZ
07-07-2010, 11:49 AM
Well as it stands both Chicago and New Jersrey have to pick between Boozer and Lee.
I feel Donnie didn't resign Lee because he isn't a draw for other Free agents like Amar'e is so I wouldn't be surprised too see Boozer in Chicago and New Jersey get Lee. Problem for Chicago is they are short of a legit 2nd Max and Boozer will likely demand near it. We'll see.

Wade_County
07-07-2010, 11:52 AM
I think Boozer in Chicago would work out great for both parties, perfect player for Rose IMO.

Stunner
07-07-2010, 11:53 AM

Rose
?
Deng
Boozer
Noah

Jack McClinton :pray: even though he is small

Stunner
07-07-2010, 11:55 AM
Sign me up

no i rather trade Deng for Gilbert Arenas if that was the case. lol kidding dont want tech 9.

Lo Porto
07-07-2010, 11:56 AM
If Booz was smart, he'd try to work out a deal to Orlando. He could get a six year deal with a sign and trade, make more money because of the Florida tax situation and he's already great friends with DHoward. He'd help Chicago a ton, but Orlando gives him the better chance at money and titles.

_Supreme_
If Chicago signed Boozer before they know what Lebron's intentions are they wouldn't be able to sign him, so I bet that will not happen.

AllTimeBest
From what I've read, Boozer is sitting back waiting for everyone to sign (Pierce, Dirk, Lebron, Wade, Bosh) and then hoping for a max contract from one of the teams that missed out (Nets, Bulls)

Stunner
07-07-2010, 11:57 AM
I think Boozer in Chicago would work out great for both parties, perfect player for Rose IMO.

x2 Bosh is more of a shooting PF and Boozer is a banger down low good fit for What the Bulls need. Then we need to get a SG.

magichatnumber9
07-07-2010, 11:57 AM
Well we better go get him now.Quick, hurry get it done. It's the only solution.

Funkyfresh
07-07-2010, 11:59 AM
LeBron James is pre madonna like Ilya Kovalchuk they both want a title and money.
even worst that F@gg0t is hogging espn tommorrow for his big " the cavs" move to show how much import he is to nba. let hope kovy wont do the same thing now

Lo Porto
07-07-2010, 12:00 PM
Chicago should offer Taj Gibson and James Johnson to Utah for Boozer right now. If Chicago gets Boozer to a max deal while dumping those two contracts, then they have one full max deal available they can try to lure LBJ with.

Raidaz4Life
07-07-2010, 12:08 PM
The Bulls should be giving Boozer a full court press if they want any chance at Lebron.

Stunner
07-07-2010, 12:09 PM
Chicago should offer Taj Gibson and James Johnson to Utah for Boozer right now. If Chicago gets Boozer to a max deal while dumping those two contracts, then they have one full max deal available they can try to lure LBJ with.

y they can jus sign Boozer and trade Deng if thats the case.

lavell12
07-07-2010, 12:09 PM
The theory of this thread doesn't match the reality b/c LeBron has already made up his mind. Do you really think he would be announcing where he is signing without knowing where he is going? With that said maybe LeBron and Boozer have a deal to team up.

PlezPlayDKnicks
07-07-2010, 12:12 PM
Boozer dissed Lebron the first time. I doubt a reunion is gonna happen.. He lefted Lebron hanging.....

PrettyBoyJ
07-07-2010, 12:12 PM

DOnt think so.. I think every team will avoid giving him one

Lo Porto
07-07-2010, 12:14 PM

The Bulls have been trying to trade Deng for weeks but haven't been able to do it without taking some huge contract back. The Bulls only have to clear about $3 million to offer two max deals and Taj/Johnson are expendable. If you get Boozer but strike out on LBJ, the Bulls will need Deng anyway.

DaBUU
07-07-2010, 12:16 PM
why are we still waiting on Lebron? The FO needs to move on and start jumping on some of these free agents still out there and start improving this team with what we can.

Funkyfresh
he going back to the cavs like it not it the truth.:facepalm:

Lo Porto
The theory of this thread doesn't match the reality b/c LeBron has already made up his mind. Do you really think he would be announcing where he is signing without knowing where he is going? With that said maybe LeBron and Boozer have a deal to team up.

You might be right, but the Bulls will have Boozer #1 on their list when Wade, Bosh and LBJ are off the table anyway. Why not go ahead and get him now and maybe, just maybe, that sways LBJ. If the Bulls just end up with Boozer, they're still a much better team.

DaBUU
07-07-2010, 12:17 PM
he going back to the cavs like it not it the truth.:facepalm:

yes :facepalm:

DaBUU
07-07-2010, 12:19 PM
You might be right, but the Bulls will have Boozer #1 on their list when Wade, Bosh and LBJ are off the table anyway. Why not go ahead and get him now and maybe, just maybe, that sways LBJ. If the Bulls just end up with Boozer, they're still a much better team.

you really think Lebron doesnt know where hes going? hes not going to decide within the next 20 hours, he knows. And trust me its not the Bulls.

Stunner
07-07-2010, 12:22 PM
The Bulls have been trying to trade Deng for weeks but haven't been able to do it without taking some huge contract back. The Bulls only have to clear about $3 million to offer two max deals and Taj/Johnson are expendable. If you get Boozer but strike out on LBJ, the Bulls will need Deng anyway.

Bulls have offers on the table they havent made the deals cuz it would be stupid if they didnt get Lebron they was waitng. They still have the Portland deal on the table and now Vinny Del Negro is the coach of the Clippers and he might want his old pal on the team. So yeah Deng can get traded the Bulls jus havent dumped him yet and his demand is going to go up with teams missing out on free agents.

Stunner
07-07-2010, 12:23 PM

I knw this i was responding to the sign and trade for Boozer jus sign him out.

Lo Porto
07-07-2010, 12:24 PM
you really think Lebron doesnt know where hes going? hes not going to decide within the next 20 hours, he knows. And trust me its not the Bulls.

I think LeBron knows his choice already too. But if you're Chicago, you have nothing to lose by locking up Booz now. You need a great PF and Boozer is your #1 choice after LBJ now that Wade and Bosh are gone.

If LBJ goes to Miami or stays in Cleveland, at least NY and Chicago could say they did everything they could.

effen5
07-07-2010, 12:25 PM

No thats Amare.

D-Block21-Chito
07-07-2010, 12:26 PM

That would be cool to see!

The Raven
07-07-2010, 12:26 PM
I think that it would be a good move for the bulls to make. I believe his game would complement Rose's style of play enough so that it would work. Good move if they go in that direction

Gibby23
07-07-2010, 12:27 PM

Nobody wants him.

koreancabbage
07-07-2010, 12:28 PM
Nobody wants him.

this.

Raph12
07-07-2010, 12:30 PM
If they give Boozer max money then sure, he'll go there, otherwise... No.

Stunner
07-07-2010, 12:32 PM
Nobody wants him.

yall keep saying that and they said dat bout Kirk as well. Bulls can get a deal done if they wanted 2. Clippers were gonna get him for a 2nd round pick the Bulls said no, the Portland deal is still on the table for Joel and Bayless, and some teams that need SF are going to be in demand like the Spurs.

97NYer
07-07-2010, 12:34 PM
LeBron isn't going to go anywhere without a second (or third) max. That's why it's between Miami and New York IMO.

NY:

Douglas
LeBron/Walker
Gallo
Amar'e
Curry

Miami: (Would have to find a suitor for Beasley)

Chalmers
Wade
LeBron
Bosh
?

D-Block21-Chito
07-07-2010, 12:36 PM
I think I'm the only one who like deng. No he is not an allstar or superstar. But is a good nba starter especially if you can have two other allstars on the floor at the same time. Deng is a good shooter and good on the defensive side imo

Lo Porto
07-07-2010, 12:36 PM
If the Bulls get Boozer, they are still winners in this year's free agency. The biggest thing they lacked was a PF with a great offensive game. Boozer next to Noah would be one of the best post tandems in the league.

Chicago should get Boozer and hold onto Deng. If they lose out on LBJ, the Bulls have 4 great starters in Rose, Deng, Boozer and Noah. All they're missing is somebody to spread the floor, but there are tons of guys out there (Mike Miller, JJ Reddick, Kyle Korver, etc.).

Stunner
07-07-2010, 12:38 PM
If the Bulls get Boozer, they are still winners in this year's free agency. The biggest thing they lacked was a PF with a great offensive game. Boozer next to Noah would be one of the best post tandems in the league.

Chicago should get Boozer and hold onto Deng. If they lose out on LBJ, the Bulls have 4 great starters in Rose, Deng, Boozer and Noah. All they're missing is somebody to spread the floor, but there are tons of guys out there (Mike Miller, JJ Reddick, Kyle Korver, etc.).

and Jack McClinton!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seventh King
07-07-2010, 12:46 PM
:clap: X2

mlisica19
07-07-2010, 12:48 PM
Well last I heard utah was deep. In resigning their guy and I believe it will just be a resign unless the cavs are trying for him. I think cavs should def go for him or get josh smith. I heard nets want boozer and if not lee. SICK

Lo Porto
07-07-2010, 12:56 PM
Utah is saying they want Boozer back, but I highly doubt that Boozer will get anything near a max offer from Utah which means he'll be looking elsewhere. The Jazz FO will make it look like they want him back so when Boozer leaves he looks like the bad guy. The way that both could look good is if Boozer helps Utah out by doing a sign and trade.

LA_Raiders
07-07-2010, 01:10 PM
Dang, Chi may end up without a "Star FA"...At least one of the 3 will get empty handed.

Chi, NJ or Clev

JOSKOMANG4
07-07-2010, 01:19 PM
Bulls are gonna wind up giving Boozer 5yr 65mill.

C) Noah
PF) Boozer
SF) Deng
SG) ????
PG) D.Rose

Bench:

PF T.Gibson
PF/SF J.Johnson

numba1CHANGsta
07-07-2010, 01:21 PM
wouldnt the Bulls rather have David Lee over Boozer?