PDA

View Full Version : Iverson?

Russell_Roberts
07-07-2010, 07:39 AM
We all know iverson is trying to make a comeback. But i really dont see a him fitting on a team really except miami and NY. And does he have anything left in the tank.

What do yall think?

Cbast09
07-07-2010, 08:08 AM
I think he will go to Miami for vet min. I think Riley was talking to him a month ago.

putt54
07-07-2010, 08:10 AM
He needs to go to miami or another condenter.:cool:

The Raven
07-07-2010, 12:48 PM
He should just stay retired. Too much trouble for what you get

GSW Hoops
07-07-2010, 12:52 PM
Wade + Bosh + Iverson?

Raph12
07-07-2010, 12:54 PM
Iverson could be good/great with 30+mpg, whether it's off the bench or starting, maybe a 20-7 guy. But he'd need strong leadership that he respects and a disciplined coach he respects to put him in his place if he gets out of hand.

Swashcuff
07-07-2010, 12:55 PM
A.I. to Miami.

heattiltheend94
07-07-2010, 01:06 PM
Good for Miami off the bench, for no more than 1 min. vet min?

kings2010
07-07-2010, 01:06 PM
sacramento should sign him.....it would be a great fit....in a fun system him and tyreke could do damage!!!......and all that talk about a.i. being trouble is garbage!...his daughter was very sick last year...family before basketball....and all that media garbage about him not being a good teammate is bolongna too cuz most of the people hes played with said hes a great teammate....yea he may not be a saint...but who is?....yea he may be hard on players sometimes but who isnt?.....they say kobe and garnett are the hardest on there teammates....but nobody talks about them being "bad guys"....dont buy into the media madness about a.i. hes not as bad as everybody makes him seem man!.....

97NYer
07-07-2010, 01:09 PM
If we strike out in NY we should just take Iverson/Mcgrady as a backcourt. If someone said this would be our backcourt 5-6 years ago I would have cried tears of joy.

Ramon Nivar
07-07-2010, 01:10 PM
We'll see where he goes. AI is still a monster who can play, obviously, but he still has flaws in his game and his attitude that may keep him unemployed.

mamba24
07-07-2010, 01:10 PM
sacramento should sign him.....it would be a great fit....in a fun system him and tyreke could do damage!!!......and all that talk about a.i. being trouble is garbage!...his daughter was very sick last year...family before basketball....and all that media garbage about him not being a good teammate is bolongna too cuz most of the people hes played with said hes a great teammate....yea he may not be a saint...but who is?....yea he may be hard on players sometimes but who isnt?.....they say kobe and garnett are the hardest on there teammates....but nobody talks about them being "bad guys"....dont buy into the media madness about a.i. hes not as bad as everybody makes him seem man!.....

no one talks about kobe??? really???
:facepalm:

loufor2
07-07-2010, 01:11 PM
I say to Ny...which is tough for me to say.

He could be good in Boston, Doc could certainly keep him in line. I guess that depends on what they do with robinson.

koLohe2133
07-07-2010, 01:11 PM
i think he would fit in miami but i think he would be a perfect fit in boston.

imagine iverson and rondo leading the break......plus the truth and kg can keep him in line.

R_O_W_E
07-07-2010, 01:13 PM
Iverson could be good/great with 30+mpg, whether it's off the bench or starting, maybe a 20-7 guy. But he'd need strong leadership that he respects and a disciplined coach he respects to put him in his place if he gets out of hand.

Iverson is a 35 year old man. He is not a 19 year old kid, any coach who will coach him will have to accept the fact that he & Iverson are going to clash during the season at various times.

I agree. Give him 25-30 MPG off the bench and he could be great.

awmathewsjr
07-07-2010, 01:20 PM
someone will sign Iverson this year but it wont be a contender. Too much of a risk. I could see him in Sac-town or New Jersey

Me and Jack
07-07-2010, 01:23 PM
The best options for Iverson would be to go to the Celtics or Lakers... I being a Laker fan prefer the later. Coming off the bench or replacing Derick Fisher or Ray Allen if they leave would give both teams added depth. However, the lakers would be the better fit off the bench leading the second team with lamar doom would be a good blend. Even if we put him in the starting lineup at PG for the beginning of the game. Nate Robinson would not be a good blend if he went to Boston similar styles off bench.

R_O_W_E
07-07-2010, 01:26 PM
The best options for Iverson would be to go to the Celtics or Lakers... I being a Laker fan prefer the later. Coming off the bench or replacing Derick Fisher or Ray Allen if they leave would give both teams added depth. However, the lakers would be the better fit off the bench leading the second team with lamar doom would be a good blend. Even if we put him in the starting lineup at PG for the beginning of the game. Nate Robinson would not be a good blend if he went to Boston similar styles off bench.

At this point I doubt he goes to either. In LA he could replace Shannon Brown off the bench as an energy guy leading their 2nd unit. But I think Fisher has proven to be a better fit next to Kobe at PG with the 1st unit.

Boston already has Bradley, and apparently they are high on Oliver Lafayette.

sep11ie
07-07-2010, 01:38 PM
He's already *****ed about coming off the bench. He gets to bored and distracted on a crap team too. he needs to just just hang them up, call it a career.

Swashcuff
07-07-2010, 01:38 PM
I called Miami a long time ago. It was rumored that he and Pat Riley were becoming "close" friends.... and some speculated that that may lead to A.I. joining the Heat. I think they'd be an ideal fit for him. He could do well providing some leadership and scoring off the bench. If he produces like he did in Philly last season he'll be an instrumental part of game plan.

GSW Hoops
07-07-2010, 01:43 PM
someone will sign Iverson this year but it wont be a contender. Too much of a risk. I could see him in Sac-town or New Jersey

Perhaps Boston? If they can keep a lid on 'Sheed, they can do the same for Iverson. And Iverson can contribute a lot more to a team than 'Sheed.

FarOutIos
07-07-2010, 01:47 PM
Wade + Bosh + Iverson?

Wade + Bosh + LeBron + Iveron + T-Mac?

Patrick Swayze
07-07-2010, 01:49 PM
I think I'd pass on him. Unless he wants next to nothing, then I'd take him as a back up. He isn't starting anymore.

awmathewsjr
07-07-2010, 02:00 PM
Perhaps Boston? If they can keep a lid on 'Sheed, they can do the same for Iverson. And Iverson can contribute a lot more to a team than 'Sheed.

Yeah but Sheed and AI have two totally different problems. Sheed is a hot head with the refs and Boston didn't really keep a lid on his problem, they just kept a lid on his minutes, lol. AI feels like he should be strongly involved in the game plan and past incidents show that if he's not involved, he's not happy. A team thats a contender doesn't need to take a chance on a guy like this.
On the other hand Iverson still has a little star power left and he can definately still sale tickets, that's why a non-contending franchise that's struggling to sale tickets can use AI.

pd7631
07-07-2010, 02:07 PM
How about Lebron, AI, and Shaq join Miami.

PG-AI
SG-Wade
SF-Lebron
PF-Bosh
C-Shaq

Was this not the starting All Star team for the East 4-5 years ago?

ivylleague1'
07-07-2010, 04:07 PM
How about Lebron, AI, and Shaq join Miami.

PG-AI
SG-Wade
SF-Lebron
PF-Bosh
C-Shaq

Was this not the starting All Star team for the East 4-5 years ago?

Miami can do it!!!!!!!