PDA

View Full Version : Wade/Bosh to team up in Miami, press conference at 12:30 ET, ESPN

Pages : [1] 2 3

Sox Appeal
07-07-2010, 07:25 AM
Don't have a link, but it's breaking news on Mike and Mike in the morning.

UPDATE- LINK

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5360134

redwhitenblue
07-07-2010, 07:27 AM
What source are they using?

EDIT: I find it slightly hard to believe considering A) It's 6:30AM, 7:30AM EST and B) they were supposed to have a discussion with Lebron today, why decide before that?

Sox Appeal
07-07-2010, 07:28 AM
What source are they using?

Chris Broussard

Russell_Roberts
07-07-2010, 07:28 AM
if thats true...
WELL WE KNOW WHOSE GOING TO BE A KNICK!

Sox Appeal
07-07-2010, 07:29 AM
He's on Mike and Mike talking about it right now.

redwhitenblue
07-07-2010, 07:29 AM
Per Chris Broussard

Wade and Bosh to sign with Miami Heat

Bosh "not sure" if he's getting a S+T to Miami, but is committed to go to Miami.

redwhitenblue
07-07-2010, 07:30 AM
if thats true...
Amar'e?

redwhitenblue
07-07-2010, 07:30 AM
Bosh's camp and Toronto at ends, so it's up to Toronto if they want a s+t, otherwise Bosh will just take a max.

PraiseJesus
07-07-2010, 07:31 AM
Chris Broussard

o god that guy is a clown

Anon
07-07-2010, 07:32 AM
Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh are teaming up together on the Miami Heat, according to a person with knowledge of the situation.

Whether LeBron James, the kingpin of this summer's celebrated free agent class, will join them remains to be seen. James will announce his decision Thursday night at 9 ET during a one-hour special on ESPN.

Wade and Bosh are expected to announce their decision on Wednesday, according to the source.

James or not, the Heat could emerge as one of the top teams in the Eastern Conference with Wade and Bosh aboard. Wade, who led the Heat to the NBA title in 2006, is re-signing with the club, while Bosh will leave the Toronto Raptors after seven years with the club.

Both players are expected to get the maximum amount allowable under the league's collective bargaining agreement, though the addition of James could change the players' salaries. Contracts cannot be officially signed until July 8.

It was not immediately clear whether Bosh will sign with Miami outright or join the Heat through a sign-and-trade deal. Bosh could earn $125 million over six years via sign-and-trade, but only $96 million over five without it.

"Either way, he's definitely going to Miami," the source said.

Vikes_Fan04
07-07-2010, 07:32 AM

PraiseJesus
07-07-2010, 07:34 AM
its a done deal.

bravo steven A

Anon
Bron-Bron is going to be standing by himself when the music stops.

Sox Appeal
Broussard is saying there's also more speculation around the league, about LeBron joining Bosh/Wade down in Miami.

fins08
**** yeah! Wade and Bosh. Riley is a great Prez. Now go get LeBron

redwhitenblue
07-07-2010, 07:35 AM
its a done deal.

bravo steven A
Why are you bravoing Steven A Smith?

He said everyone was going everywhere at some point. He's still saying Lebron is going to Miami too.

redwhitenblue
**** yeah! Wade and Bosh. Riley is a great Prez. Now go get LeBron
Miami should hope they don't, that will cripple the rest of their team/bench. Stick with the 2 and build a solid team around them.

magichatnumber9
Wow the news is not even 10 minutes old. Seriously this tells me that Lebron is going back to Cleveland.

redwhitenblue
07-07-2010, 07:36 AM
Wow the news is not even 10 minutes old. Seriously this tells me that Lebron is going back to Cleveland.
Why?

I disagree, I think the opposite, this IMO pushes Lebron to Chicago or NY.

JayW_1023
07-07-2010, 07:36 AM
They STILL need to trade Beasely for a legitimate shotblocker before they are contenders with a 1-2 punch of Bosh and Wade.

PatelJ1010
07-07-2010, 07:37 AM
Lets wait till 12 EST 9 PT to find out what really happen....Lebron ended his camp thingy today soo unless Lebron TXTED Wade and Bosh to say he is going back to Cleveland than I would understand...CONFIRM THIS WITH A RELIABLE LINK WITH THE STORY...Chris is usually pulling rumors out of his *** soo i wouldnt believe until there is a LINK

redwhitenblue
07-07-2010, 07:37 AM
They STILL need to trade Beasely for a legitimate shotblocker before they are contenders with a 1-2 punch of Bosh and Wade.
No they don't. Trading Beasley isn't a bad idea if this comes, but Bosh doesn't want to play C, so they need another C then.

sintaks12
07-07-2010, 07:38 AM

LOL, why the hell would it tell you that? If anything, I'd think since Wade has a partner in crime now, Lebron would want to better his position and either join Amare in NY or go the CHI with Rose/Noah.

PraiseJesus
07-07-2010, 07:38 AM
no matter what happens now, the Bulls are effd. poor poor chicago fans

redwhitenblue
07-07-2010, 07:39 AM
Why?

The Bulls could still land Lebron. Hell, if the Bulls land Boozer and build a solid core from top to bottom, they can still contend with the Heat and a Cavs team with Lebron.

Sox Appeal

They still have a chance to end up with LeBron, and potentially Carlos Boozer. The Bulls aren't dead yet.

redwhitenblue
Good for Miami though, it would've been a very, very bad situation for that franchise if Wade had left.

PraiseJesus
07-07-2010, 07:40 AM
Lebron to Miami or back to Cleveland

Russell_Roberts
Amar'e? Bron and they gon pick up Parker also.

sintaks12
If Lebron does to Miami with those 2, I'm done with the NBA.

redwhitenblue
07-07-2010, 07:41 AM
Lebron to Miami or back to Cleveland
If Lebron goes to Miami, it's probably worse for that team as a whole. They won't be able to really improve that team beyond those 3 for years to come.

Also, I don't see Lebron wanting to go to Miami where Wade is so loved.

PraiseJesus
07-07-2010, 07:41 AM
damn good time to be a Heat fan wow

redwhitenblue
07-07-2010, 07:42 AM
Bron and they gon pick up Parker also.
Parker already denied.

redwhitenblue
damn good time to be a Heat fan wow
Eh, it's really just like signing Chris Bosh. They needed Wade back obviously, but I think MOST felt he was staying there.

JayW_1023
No they don't. Trading Beasley isn't a bad idea if this comes, but Bosh doesn't want to play C, so they need another C then.

JO sure isn't the answer. They need a shotblocking big and a steady veteran Point guard in the Jarrett Jack/Andre Miller mold and they are a contender.

Andre Miller
Wade
Q
Bosh
Biedrins

This is a great balanced starting line-up IMO, good enough to win a title. Especially with Haslem as third big off the bench.

Russell_Roberts
07-07-2010, 07:43 AM
Parker already denied. Thanks for letting me know. CP3?

PraiseJesus
Steven A saying right now:

LeBron to Heat bank on it

redwhitenblue
JO sure isn't the answer. They need a shotblocking big and a steady veteran Point guard in the Jarrett Jack/Andre Miller mold and they are a contender.

Andre Miller
Wade
Q
Bosh
Biedrins

This is a great balanced starting line-up IMO, good enough to win a title.
They need to be able to field an entire team as well though. Meaning those other guys pretty much ALL have to take minimum contracts.

sintaks12
07-07-2010, 07:44 AM
Parker already denied.

Link? I don't think so.

redwhitenblue
Thanks for letting me know. CP3?
Sure, because the Knicks have a ton of talent to trade for him . . .

Russell_Roberts
Honestly I dont think Bosh is going to have that effect that everyone thinks

Badluck33
Eh, it's really just like signing Chris Bosh. They needed Wade back obviously, but I think MOST felt he was staying there.

I think that Lebron still has a good shot @ Chicago. If wade/bosh was an option for Chicago and then they realize that Lebron(hypothetically) is going to Chicago, their next best option is Miami....

redwhitenblue
Link? I don't think so.
He and SA's coach already discussed and said he would be there next year.

redwhitenblue
07-07-2010, 07:45 AM
I think that Lebron still has a good shot @ Chicago. If wade/bosh was an option for Chicago and then they realize that Lebron(hypothetically) is going to Chicago, their next best option is Miami....
I don't think Wade/Bosh know where Lebron is going for sure. I think they might've gotten tired of the act and the "special" and just decided to go with their decision on their own. They had basically the same available teams they liked, it just came down to the guy with more pull (Wade) getting the overruling choice on destination.

Sox Appeal
07-07-2010, 07:46 AM
Sure, because the Knicks have a ton of talent to trade for him . . .

You don't think teams are tripping over themselves to get Tony Douglas or Wilson Chandler?....

:rolleyes:

Badluck33
07-07-2010, 07:47 AM
I don't think Wade/Bosh know where Lebron is going for sure. I think they might've gotten tired of the act and the "special" and just decided to go with their decision on their own. They had basically the same available teams they liked, it just came down to the guy with more pull (Wade) getting the overruling choice on destination.

no doubt in my mind that Wade/Bosh know where LBJ is going. Them making this decision right after LBJ is ready to announce his......

?

Cbast09
07-07-2010, 07:47 AM
:dance::dance::dance::dance:

JayW_1023
07-07-2010, 07:48 AM
They need to be able to field an entire team as well though. Meaning those other guys pretty much ALL have to take minimum contracts.

Guys who fill a specific need. The Celtics last year proved that you don't need guys in the their prime in order to get far. A balanced team with great role players has a better chance than a team filled with stars with a similair mindset of being THE guy.

There are alot of vets who come in cheap and can make an impact. Remember PJ Brown in 2008. The Heat need to play this smart if they bring in Bosh and Wade...they have the offensive punch...and they need to fill the gaps with proven role players.

MrBigShotBWill
07-07-2010, 07:48 AM
Damn I wake up enjoy a cup of coffee and BOOM!

I don't know Guy's I think King James May be going to the Knicks after this bombshell.

It's funny that everyone though the Knicks where left for dead.

THOUGH I ALSO WOULD NOT BE SHOCKED IF HE GOES TO THE HEAT!

redwhitenblue
07-07-2010, 07:49 AM
no doubt in my mind that Wade/Bosh know where LBJ is going. Them making this decision right after LBJ is ready to announce his......

?
Well the report was they were going to have a discussion today about where they are going to go. Unless they got up at 6am to talk.

sintaks12
I just can't see Wade taking a back seat to this assclown. Miami is "his house" and he likes to say that to the crowd every time he dunks on someone's head... as he should. The moment Lebron says he's going to Miami (if it happens) it becomes Lebron's house. You think Wade is cool with that? If anything, this FA period has shown me that ALL of these guys are egomaniacs. No one is classy. No one is humble. I just don't see it going down. I could be wrong.

Cbast09
I don't think Lebron is going to Chicago, but they are still very much in the Lebron sweepstakes people.

omdigga
07-07-2010, 07:50 AM
congrats miami... i just saw on espn.. basketball is back in southbeach.. i had a feeling Riley wasnt going to get shutout..

PraiseJesus
07-07-2010, 07:51 AM
Out of all the crap that went on this offseason. All of the speculation. All of the rosters hometown this hometown that...

Make no doubt about it.

These players picked the team with the best management:

Pat Riley

Makes you realize how important ownership and management is....

Cbast09
07-07-2010, 07:52 AM
Out of all the crap that went on this offseason. All of the speculation. All of the rosters hometown this hometown that...

Make no doubt about it.

These players picked the team with the best management:

Pat Riley

Makes you realize how important ownership and management is....
Exactly. As I was saying. Do not underestimate Pat Riley.

redwhitenblue
07-07-2010, 07:54 AM
I don't think Lebron is going to Chicago, but they are still very much in the Lebron sweepstakes people.
Chicago has as good of, if not a better core/future as NY does with Amar'e.

The only way I see Lebron choosing NY is if he knows for a fact that Melo is going back to NY next year.

I still see the NBA doing something to stop the FA's from collaborating like this before next offseason.

Sox Appeal
07-07-2010, 07:55 AM

The only way I see Lebron choosing NY is if he knows for a fact that Melo is going back to NY next year.

I still see the NBA doing something to stop the FA's from collaborating like this before next offseason.

And that's without adding anyone via free agency. The Bulls still have nearly 30 million in cap-space. People are forgetting, they could very easily pull off a LBJ/Boozer combo.

sintaks12
07-07-2010, 07:56 AM

Agreed. This was a joke. After the smoke clears, he's going to get killed for this in the media. Especially when he doesn't win a title.

redwhitenblue
07-07-2010, 07:57 AM
I don't see Lebron choosing Miami in his special tmrw now. This kills any real shock that would give.

prodigy
07-07-2010, 07:59 AM
I don't know if this is good or bad news for the Cavs. I just can't see Lebron playing with two other mega stars. Even more so in someone else's city. Lebron will have to take a backseat to Wade, and also be known as the guy who Quit on Cleveland and needed Wade to win. As the Nets owner said, His brand would take a monster hit also.

I don't see Lebron going to the Bulls without Bosh, Nets will be more attractive in a few years.

To me I think its down to the Cavs and Knicks once again.

lakerfan3118
07-07-2010, 08:00 AM
So glad the Bosh signing appears to be over with. By far the most annoying FA in the history of this year.

sintaks12
Maybe Lebron and Wade secretly don't like each other... and they're simply trying to one up each other with their publicity stunts?

redwhitenblue
I don't know if this is good or bad news for the Cavs. I just can't see Lebron playing with two other mega stars. Even more so in someone else's city. Lebron will have to take a backseat to Wade, and also be known as the guy who Quit on Cleveland and needed Wade to win. As the Nets owner said, His brand would take a monster hit also.

I don't see Lebron going to the Bulls without Bosh, Nets will be more attractive in a few years.

I think it's NY and Chicago. I can't see him returning to Cleveland with NO ONE.

You go to NY: Amar'e, run and gun offense, possibly Melo next year
You go to Chi: Rose, Noah, possibly Boozer or Lee this year

Russell_Roberts
07-07-2010, 08:02 AM
not going to chicago. rose and bron is not a good mix

sintaks12
07-07-2010, 08:03 AM

Good luck Prodigy. I'm a huge Knick fan but my gut says he stay in Cleveland. I won't be disappointed if it goes down like that. I will still feel bad for Cav's fans though... all this drama/waiting/speculation just to resign? Why not sign an extension then? Egomaniac.

PraiseJesus
This is the big 4 not the big 3

Dwayne Wade, Lebron James, Chris Bosh, and Pat Riley

.... damn

Cbast09

I agree completely. It's between NY and Cleveland. I still think he's staying. Maybe Miami, but I doubt it.

redwhitenblue
07-07-2010, 08:04 AM
not going to chicago. rose and bron is not a good mix
That makes no sense.
This is the big 4 not the big 3

Dwayne Wade, Lebron James, Chris Bosh, and Pat Riley

.... damn
I can't see Miami FO actually wanting that. The rest of the roster would be a pain to put together and it'd handcuff the team for the next 5-6 years.

Wizard of O's
07-07-2010, 08:05 AM
if thats true...

Carlos Boozer!

prodigy
07-07-2010, 08:05 AM
You go to NY: Amar'e, run and gun offense, possibly Melo next year

That style has NEVER won a chamionship. Plus Lebron likes to play defense.

You ever see that show on MTV where the parents pick the dates? You see how the bf/gf is always in the remaining two? Yaaaa Cavs will be in the remaining two even if he does not choose them.

redwhitenblue
07-07-2010, 08:07 AM
That style has NEVER won a chamionship. Plus Lebron likes to play defense.

You ever see that show on MTV where the parents pick the dates? You see how the bf/gf is always in the remaining two? Yaaaa Cavs will be in the remaining two even if he does not choose them.
Then I don't think it's narrowed to two.

I don't disagree that D'Antoni's style of play is a recipe for failure with the lack of defense.

PraiseJesus
07-07-2010, 08:07 AM
That makes no sense.I can't see Miami FO actually wanting that. The rest of the roster would be a pain to put together and it'd handcuff the team for the next 5-6 years.

Sure... if by hand cuffed you mean utterly stacked with 3 of the top 10 players in the leagued signed through their primes...

Then ya.... I wish my team was handcuffed also

prodigy
07-07-2010, 08:09 AM
Good luck Prodigy. I'm a huge Knick fan but my gut says he stay in Cleveland. I won't be disappointed if it goes down like that. I will still feel bad for Cav's fans though... all this drama/waiting/speculation just to resign? Why not sign an extension then? Egomaniac.

To be honest, the act is getting old. If he stays in Cleveland great, But if he leaves i won't cry or get angry. Sure I will wish great injury upon him, but thats just because he has become a major D-bag.

Its really whatever.

Dark Donnie
Broussard basically said he wasn't going to Chicago...said Cleveland then possibly The Knicks were the best chance.

He thought The Cavs could make a play for Boozer now.

PraiseJesus
well yea. If LeBron goes to NY or stays in Cleveland then I would not be 1 bit surprised

redwhitenblue
07-07-2010, 08:10 AM
Sure... if by hand cuffed you mean utterly stacked with 3 of the top 10 players in the leagued signed through their primes...

Then ya.... I wish my team was handcuffed also
Wade's body probably won't last the entire contract. He's already dealt with some injury problems and puts his body out there often.

You can have those 3 guys on the court for a good portion of the game, but overall the numbers are going to come down simply due to fewer chances. They won't be 2 30 point scorers and a 20 point scorer, you're probably looking at 65 points combined. Good, but without a bench, it can be overcome by 2-3 teams in the east.

redwhitenblue
07-07-2010, 08:11 AM
Broussard basically said he wasn't going to Chicago...said Cleveland then possibly The Knicks were the best chance.

He thought The Cavs could make a play for Boozer now.
?

I didn't hear that.

AllTimeBest
07-07-2010, 08:11 AM
Just got the breaking news on my phone. Lebron is still going to Cleveland I'm sure, and they may try to sign someone to play with him (Carlos Boozer)

prodigy
07-07-2010, 08:12 AM
That makes no sense.I can't see Miami FO actually wanting that. The rest of the roster would be a pain to put together and it'd handcuff the team for the next 5-6 years.

I 100% agree. 49 million put into 3 players. They will need at least another 7 decent players. I'm guessing they Can get a good player with the MLE, but rest of team will be full of has beens or just bad players. A lot of pressure would be put on Lebron, Bosh and wade to play huge minutes every game and put up huge numbers. Beasley would have to be traded no? maybe they can do a sign and trade with Cleveland if worse comes to worse.

oakland21
07-07-2010, 08:13 AM
Great way to wake up

Dark Donnie
07-07-2010, 08:13 AM
?

I didn't hear that.

I did.

He downplayed NY for sure. He thought Lebron might be worried about going back to Cleveland now knowing he has to go through Boston, Orl, Miami, etc. that he might want to jump in on the Miami thing....otherwise Cleveland is probably his choice.

He did say that it's not out of the realm of possibility that he only signs a 3 year deal in Cleveland.

redwhitenblue
07-07-2010, 08:15 AM
I did.

He downplayed NY for sure. He thought Lebron might be worried about going back to Cleveland now knowing he has to go through Boston, Orl, Miami, etc. that he might want to jump in on the Miami thing....otherwise Cleveland is probably his choice.

He did say that it's not out of the realm of possibility that he only signs a 3 year deal in Cleveland.
I think the only deal he would sign with Cleveland is 3 years or less.

I didn't hear him say anything like he wasn't going to Chicago though. They haven't talked much about Chicago lately, but really the only reason they've been discussing the Knicks so much is because Lebron's people (not Lebron) met with them again after hte Amar'e deal to clarify things.

prodigy
07-07-2010, 08:15 AM
Just got the breaking news on my phone. Lebron is still going to Cleveland I'm sure, and they may try to sign someone to play with him (Carlos Boozer)

Unless Boozer plays for the 5.8 million, Cleveland can't sign him. Plus not sure Cleveland wants that loser back.

xxseven72ducexx
07-07-2010, 08:16 AM
o god that guy is a clown

Broussard is not a clown, would a clown be given the respect to break stories like this one? I think not...

tjlipford
To be honest, the act is getting old. If he stays in Cleveland great, But if he leaves i won't cry or get angry. Sure I will wish great injury upon him, but thats just because he has become a major D-bag.

Its really whatever.

As much as everybody is tired of the circus acts from these players they will ride this out as long as possible.

Honestly, at this point I don't know who's in the lead to get Lebron but it's not looking good for the Cavs.

We are financially strapped and don't have hardly any legit trading pieces to get better. IDK, we can't go into next year with this same roster thinking we can win next year.

I can say that FO tried to make the team better.

JSK
I 100% agree. 49 million put into 3 players. They will need at least another 7 decent players. I'm guessing they Can get a good player with the MLE, but rest of team will be full of has beens or just bad players. A lot of pressure would be put on Lebron, Bosh and wade to play huge minutes every game and put up huge numbers. Beasley would have to be traded no? maybe they can do a sign and trade with Cleveland if worse comes to worse.

They don't get a MLE. I don't understand why people have a hard time understanding the concept of the mid-level. You don't get a MLE if you are under the cap before free agency. Its for teams over the cap.

http://www.sportscity.com/NBA/Salary-Cap/

Educate.

quade36
Boozer left Cleveland for more money. Whats new about that?

PraiseJesus
07-07-2010, 08:17 AM
Broussard is not a clown, would a clown be given the respect to break stories like this one? I think not...

he got this one right. I am impressed I guess :clap:

JordansBulls
Lebron isnt' going down there. He will go to either Chicago, NY or stay in Cle.

DWills
I 100% agree. 49 million put into 3 players. They will need at least another 7 decent players. I'm guessing they Can get a good player with the MLE, but rest of team will be full of has beens or just bad players. A lot of pressure would be put Lebron, Bosh and wade to play huge minutes every game and put up huge numbers.

pretty sure they dont have the MLE cause their using it for their cap number.....thought i read that somewhere......

there not really gonna need it tho......lebron/wade/bosh

their still tradin beasley, and will probably get someone like korver in return......other pieces obv moved, but u get the idea........

this was settled months ago.......lebron's not going to chicago as he now knows wade/bosh will crush em......hes not going to the knicks cause he knows they dont play defense and defense wins championships......

really, theres cleveland and miami.......and its not cleveland cause they cant compete now either........

one option left........and atleast 4 titles on the way to south beach......

JDMVP
07-07-2010, 08:18 AM
come on LeBron to NY, make 90s basketball back, Miami-NY, rivalry,lets go

MrBigShotBWill
07-07-2010, 08:18 AM
Lebrons gonna be a CLIPPER HA!

That would be the greatest loophole. Like the diamond cutter you never saw it coming!

sintaks12
07-07-2010, 08:19 AM
I think the only deal he would sign with Cleveland is 3 years or less.

I didn't hear him say anything like he wasn't going to Chicago though. They haven't talked much about Chicago lately, but really the only reason they've been discussing the Knicks so much is because Lebron's people (not Lebron) met with them again after hte Amar'e deal to clarify things.

Plus the rumor floating around that Mav Carter and crew are headed to NY today. No link, sorry. But it's all over the Knicks forum. Who knows what's real.

Jays52
07-07-2010, 08:19 AM
any word on whether this is a S & T or not??

omdigga
07-07-2010, 08:20 AM
do people really think miami has a problem if bron goes there too... having that big three is a problem every team in the league would love to have...

lavell12
This means LeBron is either going to Miami or staying in Cleveland. LeBron obviously made up his mind already.

prodigy
We are financially strapped and don't have hardly any legit trading pieces to get better. IDK, we can't go into next year with this same roster thinking we can win next year.

Well they are pretty good trading pieces to be honest. Raptors were interested. Suns to.

after next season cavs could make a huge splash with Jamison's 15mill expiring with or without Lebron.

The Cavs can make moves, Gotta be smart though.

SiteWolf
07-07-2010, 08:22 AM
Remember the good ol' days.....when the teams, not the players, decided what players would be on their team?

Whereever he goes....why the hell is LeBron having a freaking 1 hour special on ESPN just to announce where HE has decided to play?!

/shakes head in disgust

Cbast09
If Lebron stays in Cleveland and they go after Boozer, Chicago (the team the media thought would win big), would ironically lose out in FA. I think Chicago will get Boozer, which is what I saw coming in the first place.

redwhitenblue
Plus the rumor floating around that Mav Carter and crew are headed to NY today. No link, sorry. But it's all over the Knicks forum. Who knows what's real.
I read that rumor, it was a lot of "could be's," very unreliable.

do people really think miami has a problem if bron goes there too... having that big three is a problem every team in the league would love to have...

Yes. Sorry, I see those 3 combining for 65-75 points because of limited touches. The bench has to be able to hold the court, they can't be a bunch of scrubs, or the pressure on those 3 will be ridiculous.

prodigy
07-07-2010, 08:23 AM
really, theres cleveland and miami.......and its not cleveland cause they cant compete now either........

The cavs have competed the last 5 years. Anyone with lebron will compete, don't act dumb.

The heat need more then just wade and Bosh. They need to surround them with good players.

redwhitenblue
07-07-2010, 08:23 AM
Remember the good ol' days.....when the teams, not the players, decided what players would be on their team?

Whereever he goes....why the hell is LeBron having a freaking 1 hour special on ESPN just to announce where HE has decided to play?!

/shakes head in disgust
The 1 hour special makes even less sense if Lebron is going to Miami.

Wade and Bosh just stole the thunder for a Miami signing.

mlisica19
07-07-2010, 08:24 AM
I find it funny that there are several rumors about these big three made just in a few days.

Anyway I guess that's just the genius of their scheme, if there nore talked about there more known and will get more money...

Anyway this is bosh's decision. Sign by himself to a big franchise down in MIAMI!!! Or be a tool and get signed and traded to cavs. Looking at what he said he wanted coming into FA it seems Miami is a safe bet. Hell have a duo and friend, in a well known team in a greay city where his name will get bigger and he has plenty of playoffs hope.

James to me is stiill doing great in making his name be huge! Several rumors a day for the guy, amazing. Well I highly doubt he's going anywhere, he's just hoping to get some guys come play for his side. If anything, the bosh and wade signing might have him scared into leaving the cavs and going to brooklyn or more possible the bulls. But my guess is that james don't get scared to easily, and hell be fine where he is. Make a big name where he's always bee, win a championship where he was born. Cavs though better start makin some more moves, I mean they havnt changed much

Cbast09
07-07-2010, 08:25 AM
Wade and Bosh committing today ultimately shuts down Lebron coming here I would think. If Lebron was coming here, they would have waited for him to make his decision.

PraiseJesus
07-07-2010, 08:26 AM
Wade and Bosh committing today ultimately shuts down Lebron coming here I would think. If Lebron was coming here, they would have waited for him to make his decision.

yep

redwhitenblue
07-07-2010, 08:27 AM
I agree. IMO that's a good thing for the Heat.

prodigy
Anyway this is bosh's decision. Sign by himself to a big franchise down in MIAMI!!! Or be a tool and get signed and traded to cavs. Looking at what he said he wanted coming into FA it seems Miami is a safe bet. Hell have a duo and friend, in a well known team in a greay city where his name will get bigger and he has plenty of playoffs hope.

Tool? explain? He would be helping himself and the Raptors by doing a sign and trade. He will also be with a good friend in Lebron James who by the way is richer and more famous then Wade playing in Cleveland lol.

Cbast09
But hey you never know...

JSK
07-07-2010, 08:28 AM
Sure thing. Maybe we can get an IP ban for you just to make sure. =p

And this if he signs with Miami, not some stupid visit, vacation, trip, etc. No excuses.

Slimsim
07-07-2010, 08:32 AM
this sucks now everything depends on the biggest attention WHORE in the NBA

Raidaz4Life
07-07-2010, 08:38 AM
Now all they need is a "team" and they'll be set

The Jokemaker
07-07-2010, 08:39 AM
Well this is what everyone thought was going to happen. Glad to see players finally announce. I don't think this puts the nail in the coffin yet on him going to Miami but I'd give it a 2% chance.

Great signing by Miami, got two superstars which was their goal all along. I never put much into the notion Wade would leave Miami and it was only a matter of time until Bosh announced he was going there.

JordansBulls
They still have a chance to end up with LeBron, and potentially Carlos Boozer. The Bulls aren't dead yet.

Agreed.

Or Worse case is Boozer and Tmac.:speechless:

DaoudS

I don't think it does. If Colangelo takes Michael Beasley, that ultimately opens the door for Miami to sign LeBron.

chicagofan71
07-07-2010, 08:42 AM
IMO I think this hit Cleveland HARD. No Bosh, now there only hope is to lure him with Boozer. The Bulls and Knicks have to be the frontrunners now, with the Knicks ahead by a fair margain just because they have Amare; the benefit of Chicago now for the Bulls is they can sell their young core, plus Boozer, and if not Boozer, they have the cap space to add someone mid season. Despite this, IMO he goes to NY

Heediot
07-07-2010, 08:42 AM
I don't think it does. If Colangelo takes Michael Beasley, that ultimately opens the door for Miami to sign LeBron.

Bosh signs for less so Miami can S&T with Cleveland giving Lebron the extra 30 mill.

This makes sense because of the 3 Bosh would be the one that needs to take less.

redwhitenblue
07-07-2010, 08:43 AM
Bosh signs for less so Miami can S&T with Cleveland giving Lebron the extra 30 mill.

This makes sense because of the 3 Bosh would be the one that needs to take less.
Except Bosh is already possibly giving up 30 MM by not S+T with Toronto, I don't see him giving up MORE.

DaoudS
07-07-2010, 08:46 AM

Cleveland isn't S&T'ing LeBron. They have said that openly. And Bosh being the person he is, won't leave any extra money on the table.

Heediot
07-07-2010, 08:46 AM
Except Bosh is already possibly giving up 30 MM by not S+T with Toronto, I don't see him giving up MORE.

Exactly my point. Bosh is taking 30mill less because he's not getting the home-team MAX. He will still get a Max deal.

If the heat can give the Cavs any combo of Beasley/Picks/Other Players/Trade Exemption, they would be able to pull it off.

SiteWolf
07-07-2010, 08:47 AM
LeBron is on his way to a billion as it is..........think 30mil means more than a championship to him?

Cbast09
07-07-2010, 08:48 AM
Now ESPN is going to be all over Miami on getting Lebron.

Heediot
Bosh is an overrated player. He puts up big numbers, but he doesn't impact the game as much as people would like to believe.

kswissdaf
Brons most likely spot now in order
Heat
Knicks
Cavs

Cbast09
07-07-2010, 08:49 AM
Bosh is an overrated player. He puts up big numbers, but he doesn't impact the game as much as people would like to believe.
Overrated? Please elaborate.

Slimsim
07-07-2010, 08:52 AM
Can you imagine if Knicks didn't get amare we would be ****ed. But having amare give us a little ray of hope now

Amare and LBJ VS BOSH AND WADE

Cbast09
07-07-2010, 08:54 AM
Can you imagine if Knicks didn't get amare we would be ****ed. But having amare give us a little ray of hope now

Amare and LBJ VS BOSH AND WADE
Revive the rivalry. Doesn't look good for Chicago right now, now that I think about it.

greek miami hea
these will be a must see games!

Vikes_Fan04

Yes, I too would like to hear how he's overrated. All in all, great signing for Miami. Bosh is the perfect player to compliment Wade. Score 1 for Riles.

ManRam
Didn't think I'd get to work and read this this morning...

Good for Miami. They still don't terrify me too much yet. Never been too huge on Bosh, and they gotta fill out the roster, but I'm sure Miami fans are rightfully ecstatic.

If LeBron wants to win any time soon, he's gotta go to NY now, and hope he can get some mid-level FA's to follow (like Allen, Miller, Felton, Redick etc.)

SiteWolf
07-07-2010, 08:55 AM
I could see LeBron signing in NY with Amare....then persuading Carmelo to join them there next season

fredv
07-07-2010, 08:55 AM
I told ya'll ;)

Too bad for my Rockets... On the bright side, Knicks heading back to the lottery, so we have those picks!

Heediot
07-07-2010, 08:56 AM

In 6-7 seasons he has not taken the raptors past the first round. Under 500 record for his team.

He plays more like a small forward that likes to slash rather than a big post player.

He takes a year to do his patented 7 piece manouvere that takes away from the rest of the team, killing momentum.

His passing abilities is average at best. His defense is average.

His style of play does not create high percentage scoring oppurtunities for himself or his teamates. Especially for one who is considered a good big man.

He was worth the first Max, not the second. Although the market would suffice in giving him what he wants.

The Flash
07-07-2010, 08:56 AM
Gosh now i hope the keep Beasley get a decent center and a pg who can shoot 3s

redwhitenblue
07-07-2010, 08:58 AM
Revive the rivalry. Doesn't look good for Chicago right now, now that I think about it.
Eh.

If they sign Boozer, I think they'll be able to build a team that can compete with the Heat or Knicks (if they got Lebron).

Rose/Boozer is a good combo too, along with a stronger team after those two than either of the other two have currently.

mikantsass
Congrats Heat fans

h2r09
What you guys dont understand right now is 2 things-

1) we havent heard the terms of these deals. This could be because they dont have official word yet because they are waiting to see if lebron come and how much they could take if that happens and to still have enough money to field a team.

2)it was reported these guys have a conference call TODAY with lebron. these guys are his best friends. you know they will be riding lebron hard(sry for the choice wwords) to come down here and start a dynasty. that is the biggest news out of all of that for me. They will be trying him to come down here very hard.

BTW, there is no way beasley doesnt already have a deal on the table

ATX
07-07-2010, 08:59 AM
In 6-7 seasons he has not taken the raptors past the first round. Under 500 record for his team.

He plays more like a small forward that likes to slash rather than a big post player.

He takes a year to do his patented 7 piece manouvere that takes away from the rest of the team, killing momentum.

His style of play does not create high percentage scoring oppurtunities for himself or his teamates. Especially for one who is considered a good big man.

He was worth the first Max, not the second. Although the market would suffice in giving him what he wants.

Ya, but now Bosh's the SECOND option. He was by far the best compliment to Wade on the market.

quade36
07-07-2010, 09:00 AM
I am not upset. Most fans aren't surprised. Unlike most people who post here, I am a season ticket holder. I love Rose and feel his rise will be jaded if they get a star player. I said a while ago I'd rather have Johnson/(Lee/Boozer) over any of the top 4. Though now I have to hope for (Lee/Boozer) and Ray Allen or a trade with Portland for Bayless and Fernandez. This is a team game. Especially in the playoffs, you need a deep bench. I remember the years of the last three headed monster that didn't win, Pippen/Barkley/Olajuwan.

I just made my comments because you have done a great job categorizing all Bulls fans. Picking on them. Thats not cool

cheerio
07-07-2010, 09:01 AM
Just saw this on espn

h2r09
07-07-2010, 09:01 AM

he has always had to be a first option with a bad surrounding team.

No, he definitely plays like a pf. he is a ridiculous rebounder.

Who gives a **** how he passes?

If he doesnt creat high percentage shots, then why did he shoot 51%?

He is a great fit with d wade. He gets more space on the floor as does dwyane wade.

oakland21
07-07-2010, 09:04 AM
Who else do you think Miami will get to spread the floor for Wade and Bosh ????

heattiltheend94
2 down 1 to go.
But then again, it is Chris Brousard:pray:

Kyben36
Chris Broussard

I honestly wont beleave anything untill its signed on the dottted line, didnt it jsut get reported they where suposed to meat, now, sudenly, they have made up there minds, I think Chris Broussard could loose alot of credibility today depending on what happends. I still just cant beleive a desicion is made at 8 in the moring. Im not saying bosh to Miami isnt posible, nor plausible, but htis 2010 BS is crazy. you cant beleive anything unless you hear it from the players mouth.

h2r09
07-07-2010, 09:07 AM
I honestly wont beleave anything untill its signed on the dottted line, didnt it jsut get reported they where suposed to meat, now, sudenly, they have made up there minds, I think Chris Broussard could loose alot of credibility today depending on what happends. I still just cant beleive a desicion is made at 8 in the moring. Im not saying bosh to Miami isnt posible, nor plausible, but htis 2010 BS is crazy. you cant beleive anything unless you hear it from the players mouth.

they will be meeting. it will just be to mention him to come here.

I think he is coming here. Just because of the conference call today.

Its basically down to miami or cleveland.

Heediot
07-07-2010, 09:07 AM
he has always had to be a first option with a bad surrounding team.

No, he definitely plays like a pf. he is a ridiculous rebounder.

Who gives a **** how he passes?

If he doesnt creat high percentage shots, then why did he shoot 51%?

He is a great fit with d wade. He gets more space on the floor as does dwyane wade.

Wade had a worst cast than Bosh. One could argue that Lebron had a worse cast than Bosh. 51% is good for a typical big man. But for a good post platyer one should hover around the 55 percent mark. He kills suction of the team. A good post player should be able help with ball movement and spacing. He is not a ridiculous rebounder. He does well because Bargnani is a Horrible rebounder. I would say he is an slightly above average rebounder, this being generous.

Does he complement Wade. It's possible. This does not take away the fact that he is over-ratted.

Cbast09
07-07-2010, 09:10 AM
Stop taking away the significance of Bosh coming here, Bull fans. He compliments Wade well. This is pretty much a done deal. Now they are waiting on Lebron I would think.

J4KOP99
This looks pretty damn good for the Heat. I guess it is still somewhat of a rumor but it seems like it is a done-deal.

Let's see how the hell Pat Riley and his team plan on filling up the rest of that roster.

--Also, I say 0% chance LeBron joins them in Miami.

BALLER71
Good bye Beasley.

Cbast09
07-07-2010, 09:11 AM
This looks pretty damn good for the Heat. I guess it is still somewhat of a rumor but it seems like it is a done-deal.

Let's see how the hell Pat Riley and his team plan on filling up the rest of that roster.

--Also, I say 0% chance LeBron joins them in Miami.
Ehh... still a chance. 5-10% I would say.

ATX
07-07-2010, 09:11 AM

The first step is always denial.

BGeer091
07-07-2010, 09:12 AM
Congrats Heat fans. Looking forward to and Amare/James vs Bosh/Wade rivalry...

Heediot
Stop taking away the significance of Bosh coming here, Bull fans. He compliments Wade well. This is pretty much a done deal. Now they are waiting on Lebron I would think.

I am a Hornets CP3 fan. I am also from Toronto. I am also a carmelo fan.

Melo15
I don't know why Miami fans really want LeBron James to come too. You do realize if LeBron comes then your team will have 3 superstars and a bunch of bums who other teams will take advantage of right? What if one of them gets hurt? Which is very possible with Wade, then it comes to be 2 superstars and the rest bums. My point being that your organization would be better off building a team with the rest of the cap space you have. Go after Haywood to give you a defensive presence, get Korver to help spread the floor for you guys, and maybe look at Felton.

Cbast09
07-07-2010, 09:13 AM
I am a Hornets CP3 fan. I am also from Toronto. I am also a carmelo fan.
I didn't mean you in particular.

ATX
07-07-2010, 09:13 AM
Wade had a worst cast than Bosh. One could argue that Lebron had a worse cast than Bosh. 51% is good for a typical big man. But for a good post platyer one should hover around the 55 percent mark. He kills suction of the team. A good post player should be able help with ball movement and spacing. He is not a ridiculous rebounder. He does well because Bargnani is a Horrible rebounder. I would say he is an slightly above average rebounder, this being generous.

Does he complement Wade. It's possible. This does not take away the fact that he is over-ratted.

Your an idiot. I don't care if this post gets deleted, but it had to be said.

king4day
07-07-2010, 09:14 AM
Congrats Heat fans. Looking forward to and Amare/James vs Bosh/Wade rivalry...

This is what I'm hoping for.
I can't see him wanting to go to Miami and rely on the hope that stars or former stars will sign the vet minimum just to play for a possible ring.

Cbast09
07-07-2010, 09:14 AM
I don't know why Miami fans really want LeBron James to come too. You do realize if LeBron comes then your team will have 3 superstars and a bunch of bums who other teams will take advantage of right? What if one of them gets hurt? Which is very possible with Wade, then it comes to be 2 superstars and the rest bums. My point being that your organization would be better off building a team with the rest of the cap space you have. Go after Haywood to give you a defensive presence, get Korver to help spread the floor for you guys, and maybe look at Felton.
Well, they wouldn't be bums. They would get vets who really want a ring for the vet. minimum. Solid players. I trust Riley knows what he is doing.

redwhitenblue
07-07-2010, 09:15 AM
Well, they wouldn't be bums. They would get vets who really want a ring for the vet. minimum. Solid players. I trust Riley knows what he is doing.
You can assume you can get that.

Vets willing to take the vet minimum likely aren't very good vets.

King Koopa
07-07-2010, 09:15 AM
Let the Hating begin. Now Bull fans are saying Bosh isn't worth the Max.... I swear you guys are a bunch of losers.

redwhitenblue
07-07-2010, 09:16 AM
Let the Hating begin. Now Bull fans are saying Bosh isn't worth the Max.... I swear you guys are a bunch of losers.
?

Not to slam anything, but that's been said before this as well by a few writers. They claim Bosh isn't a game-changer-which I disagree with

Still, can we stop with the "Bulls fans are saying" thing when it's not solely Bulls fans.

Cbast09
You can assume you can get that.

Vets willing to take the vet minimum likely aren't very good vets.
Like I said, I'm sure Riley knows what he is doing.

Cbast09
?

Not to slam anything, but that's been said before this as well by a few writers. They claim Bosh isn't a game-changer-which I disagree with

Still, can we stop with the "Bulls fans are saying" thing when it's not solely Bulls fans.
So far in this thread it has been the Bull fans.

Vikes_Fan04
07-07-2010, 09:17 AM
I've always said the East is better when the Bulls, Heat, Knicks, and Celts are contenders. I might have to get the league pass this year.

Heediot
I didn't mean you in particular.

My Bad.

Considering the market, It was a good signing. Considering the landscape of NBA salaries it is a good signing from that perspective. I just abide by my comment that Bosh is overrated in terms of how he impacts the game.

ATX

Those would be great complimentary pieces and if LBJ doesn't come to Mia, would be a the plan. However, I'm sure teams will way overpay those guys now that Wade, Bosh, Amare, and LBJ tomorrow are gone. LeBron is still the highest on the Heats wish list, even if it means we have to field the team with min contracts. If you have a chance to sign LeBron, you do it without hesitation.

DaoudS
07-07-2010, 09:18 AM
Just a fair warning to Heat fans about Bosh:

Struggles with a play that doesn't suit his own.
Can't play to his abilities if there is anyone in the lane.
Regularly gets owned by an aging KG and any other versatile big man.
Blocking Jason Thompson or getting on the grill of Brian Cardinal doesn't make him an average defender.
If he doesn't get the ball in his hands with at least 12 seconds on the shot clock, he jacks up a bad shot or a turnover.
Any hard pass goes right through his hands.
Potential knee issues.

CrazyCrackar
07-07-2010, 09:18 AM
Lebron is Def going to the heat now................

Heediot
07-07-2010, 09:20 AM
Your an idiot. I don't care if this post gets deleted, but it had to be said.

I am from Toronto my friend so i have first hand experience of his game. He is a career all-star, but he does not impact the game as much as others may think.

J4KOP99
07-07-2010, 09:21 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong but if this turns out being true, the Heat will then have Wade, Bosh, Beasley and Chalmers under contract?

Cbast09

Blocking Jason Thompson or getting on the grill of Brian Cardinal doesn't make him an average defender.
If he doesn't get the ball in his hands with at least 12 seconds on the shot clock, he jacks up a bad shot or a turnover.
Potential knee issues.

I think those will look less noticeable because he'll play 2nd to Wade and he won't be the face of the franchise.

JabberJaw
IMO it sounds like Lebron's best options would be NY or Chicago...with an outside shot of NJ. If he goes to the heat, how are they going to build a team with 46 cents left for the other 9 guys. Unlikely scenario. Scary 3-some but the team would be TERRIBLE beyond those 3. Chicago could be a MONSTER if they got Bron and Boozer...or Bron and a couple upper-midlevel freeagents. Or he could go back to Cleveland. I'm thinkin NY or Chicago

Pornstar86
07-07-2010, 09:22 AM
i like how everyone is saying "lebron won't go to Miami, its D-Wades city.".......so what, if he goes to Chicago its MJ's city...nobody believes anything about Miami or gives them any credit, until they actually do something....well heres the first piece of the puzzle

DaoudS
I think those will look less noticeable because he'll play 2nd to Wade and he won't be the face of the franchise.

For your teams sake, I hope you are right. But don't be shocked when he struggles without the ball in his hands.

Cbast09
i like how everyone is saying "lebron won't go to Miami, its D-Wades city.".......so what, if he goes to Chicago its MJ's city...nobody believes anything about Miami or gives them any credit, until they actually do something....well heres the first piece of the puzzle
Agreed

ATX
07-07-2010, 09:23 AM
No amount of haters are going to bring me down today. Mia getting Wade and Bosh with the possibility of LeBron coming as well is huge, and you all know it.

justinnum1

Potential knee issues.

Thanks.

Cbast09
For your teams sake, I hope you are right. But don't be shocked when he struggles without the ball in his hands.
Still a great weapon for Wade. I'm sure he has his problems, but great commitment nonetheless.

CrazyCrackar
07-07-2010, 09:24 AM
They havent said if its max contracts right???

SugeKnight
07-07-2010, 09:25 AM
i dont want a super team. Miami is wades house, with Bosh now as a sidekick. Miami cannot be Wade's house if he isn't the best player on the team

redwhitenblue
There is no report of a done deal, S+T or any details. The report is only that Wade and Bosh decided to go to Miami.

DaoudS
Still a great weapon for Wade. I'm sure he has his problems, but great commitment nonetheless.

Most definitely. It is good for Bosh that he realized he doesn't have the ability to lead the team.

J4KOP99

There's no way it's not. Right now it is just a question of Bosh being a part of a S&T so he can get an extra year and more money. I doubt this was a S&T though.

SugeKnight
07-07-2010, 09:27 AM

Potential knee issues.

shut up hater. he's a great player who sometimes played uninspired in toronto. now that hes on a great team i'm sure all of those warnings will be non-issues. no need to rain on miami's parade

JDMac80
07-07-2010, 09:27 AM
lebron is going to NY. does staying in cle really warrant the ego of a prime time announcement show?

book it now, shaq returns to mia

thekmp211
07-07-2010, 09:28 AM

Potential knee issues.

sounds like a guy psyching himself up for a heavy dose of amir johnson and ed davis.

even without lebron the heat are in great shape now. haywood would be a perfect compliment to the team, and a mike miller. those two might be better ideas than lebron...

...who is now guaranteed to go to new york. boozer will probably join chicago then. the nets get screwed.

Jays Claw
07-07-2010, 09:29 AM
Is Chris Bosh really going to walk away from an extra $30 million? :rolleyes:

Cbast09
07-07-2010, 09:31 AM
He must really want to get out of Toronto I suppose.

DaoudS
shut up hater. he's a great player who sometimes played uninspired in toronto. now that hes on a great team i'm sure all of those warnings will be non-issues. no need to rain on miami's parade

I am a hater because I am telling you the struggles that Bosh had? Did you read my other posts where I said it was a good signing for the Heat?

sounds like a guy psyching himself up for a heavy dose of amir johnson and ed davis.

even without lebron the heat are in great shape now. haywood would be a perfect compliment to the team, and a mike miller. those two might be better ideas than lebron...

...who is now guaranteed to go to new york. boozer will probably join chicago then. the nets get screwed.

Haywood wanted 8 million or so, right? I wonder who they can get after giving him a large chunk of the remaining.

SugeKnight
its actually only 10 mil because its 1 less year

SugeKnight
07-07-2010, 09:32 AM
I am a hater because I am telling you the struggles that Bosh had? Did you read my other posts where I said it was a good signing for the Heat?

Haywood wanted 8 million or so, right? I wonder who they can get after giving him a large chunk of the remaining.

Actually i didnt see them so my bad :o

jrodmesche
07-07-2010, 09:34 AM
:worthy:wade
:worthy:Pat Riley
:worthy: Bosh

I love u guys im so happy right now
Im gonna get greedy and say bring on Lebron!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AntwanN21
I know its been on televesion and ESPN already but I won't believe it until they actually sign the deal.

Everyone though Turkoglu signed with Portland remember?

prodigy
They don't get a MLE. I don't understand why people have a hard time understanding the concept of the mid-level. You don't get a MLE if you are under the cap before free agency. Its for teams over the cap.

http://www.sportscity.com/NBA/Salary-Cap/

Educate.

:clap: Great news then lol. I wasn't sure so I just included it.

_Supreme_
07-07-2010, 09:35 AM

Joel Anthony.

Many things can or can not be said about Anthony, but shot-blocking is what he great at, and he is not too expensive.

We also just drafted Varnado and Pittman who sure both like to block shots too.

prodigy
:worthy:wade
:worthy:Pat Riley
:worthy: Bosh

I love u guys im so happy right now
Im gonna get greedy and say bring on Lebron!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lets hope Pat Riley can play center.

DaoudS
Dwyane Wade(notes) and Chris Bosh(notes) have decided to sign with the Miami Heat while continuing to recruit LeBron James(notes) to help them form an All-Star triumvirate that threatens to shift the NBA’s balance of power, two sources with knowledge of the plans told Yahoo! Sports.

“They think they’ve got a real chance to pull this off with LeBron,” a league source said.

The three players shared a call after midnight on Wednesday, when Wade and Bosh told James they were committing to the Heat, a source said. James didn’t commit with them, but kept his own plans private for a television announcement on Thursday night. Wade and Bosh plan to formally announce their decision on Wednesday afternoon.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ys-wadebosh070610

J4KOP99
If this is true, the current Heat roster is as follows...

Wade
Bosh
Chalmers
Beasley

correct me if I'm wrong.

DaoudS
07-07-2010, 09:36 AM
You're right.

Cbast09
07-07-2010, 09:36 AM

Wade
Bosh
Chalmers
Beasley

correct me if I'm wrong.
Yes as of right now. You honestly are not going to blow that in Miami's face? Plenty of FA's to choose from.

AntwanN21
07-07-2010, 09:37 AM

Wade
Bosh
Chalmers
Beasley

correct me if I'm wrong.

and a couple rookies, doens't look like a championship team to me.

J4KOP99
07-07-2010, 09:39 AM
I wonder who they will go after to surround that team. Once the contracts get finalized we will see hw much extra money they have to deal with.

Cbast09
07-07-2010, 09:39 AM
and a couple rookies, doens't look like a championship team to me.
We just got 2 major players. Way too early for people to be that naive. Ridiculous lol

redwhitenblue
07-07-2010, 09:41 AM
We just got 2 major players. Way too early for people to be that naive. Ridiculous lol
You mean pessimistic, not naive.

But I agree, the Heat will have options. Especially if they don't bring in James.

DaoudS
07-07-2010, 09:41 AM
Realistically, it will take 2-3 years for the Heat to mesh and get a shot at the championship.

Cbast09
07-07-2010, 09:42 AM
You mean pessimistic, not naive.

But I agree, the Heat will have options. Especially if they don't bring in James.
Yes. My bad.

Cbast09
Realistically, it will take 2-3 years for the Heat to mesh and get a shot at the championship.
I highly doubt that.

prodigy

Wade
Bosh
Chalmers
Beasley

correct me if I'm wrong.

Wrong

PG- Chalmers
SG- Wade
SF- beasley
PF- Bosh
C- Pat Riley

torontosports10
Pretty funny to see ppl downgrade this signing for the Heat. This is huge for them.

Bash Bosh all you want, say you hate him, but dont think for a second he isint a excellent PF. Easily top 3 in the NBA. Some ppl will say well he was a 1st option, inflated stats blah blah blah. I rather have someone who can put up those stats as a 1st option then someone who is not up to it. He now has a top 3-5 player in the league to play with and the market so he will get the respect his GAME deserves.

As far as his attitude etc, he left quite a bitter taste in a lot of ppl mouths for his drama and what not, but Chris Bosh the NBA All-Star is a great, great player.

No go get a Center.

Cbast09
07-07-2010, 09:43 AM
sigh... this roster thing is so overblown it's not even funny. People keep hating (except for redwhitenblue).

_Supreme_
07-07-2010, 09:43 AM

Wade
Bosh
Chalmers
Beasley

correct me if I'm wrong.

+ Varnado, Pittman, Butler, Beverly & (I understand) a qualifying offer to Joel Anthony, so we would at least be able to match other teams' offers.

+ the cap room that is still left & minimum wage signings, who can still be quality veteran players.

Impulse
07-07-2010, 09:44 AM
The Heat is going to be a completely different team next season. I expect Beasley to be traded with the news of Bosh's signing.

So happy for Wade now that he has help. :clap: This is going to be one scary team.

Cbast09
07-07-2010, 09:46 AM
Chris Broussard thinks Miami leads everyone in the Lebron Sweepstakes now lol.

TO to the CHI
07-07-2010, 09:46 AM
Assuming the reports are true, this is a great day for the Heat. However, the roster questions are legit and it does take time for teams to mesh. I will be interested to see who else they bring in (and am certain Riley has more up his sleeve), but I don't think any Heat fan can be confident of being a championship contender just from these moves. More work is needed, but the team certainly is capable of getting there.

tr4shb0t
07-07-2010, 09:47 AM
Nice, so who's the #1 option?

redwhitenblue
07-07-2010, 09:47 AM
Chris Broussard thinks Miami leads everyone in the Lebron Sweepstakes now lol.
Broussard runs with random things sometimes. If it's his opinion (which this is, I'm listening to it) it holds about as much water as your opinion or mine.

The ChILL
07-07-2010, 09:48 AM
Congrats Miami. Assuming LBJ goes back to Cleveland you guys take the cake.

shep33
I guess this means Lebron to the Knicks, Bulls, or Heat.

whiteboy_eddie
What does Bosh and Wade mean with no one else on the team thats any good????

Heediot
07-07-2010, 09:49 AM
sigh... this roster thing is so overblown it's not even funny. People keep hating (except for redwhitenblue).

Yeah don't u guys got a mid-level expemtion, this could be spilt and used on two key vets. Plus the nba allows for the signing for as many minimum wage players as a team needs no? With Wade and Bosh already in the fold, I am sure alot of Vets would come to play in Miami.

_Supreme_
07-07-2010, 09:49 AM
Let us see what the roster looks like three weeks from now first. Pat Riley obviously isn't done yet.

pistonsfanomg
07-07-2010, 09:50 AM
Good Choice!

Feel sorry for Bulls fans.

Vikes_Fan04
All this talk about about the Heat having a couple years to mesh before they become a championship team. I just don't buy it. Simply because when Boston acquired the big 3 they won the championship their first year. Also, the Lakers once they got Pau haven't seen anything short of an NBA Finals. Money can buy championships.

effen5
Congrats to the Heat

They need to get imo get rid of Beasley and use the rest of the money to sign some solid vets and they are for sure contenders next year....

Definitely need to upgrade on PG bc Chalmers won't do it IMO but good for the Heat.

Congrats you bastards :)

effen5
07-07-2010, 09:51 AM
Good Choice!

We can still pick up Boozer and a solid shooter and we'll still contend imo.

pistonsfanomg
Lebron staying in Cleveland

And Chris Paul or Carmelo will be joining him in 2011

_Supreme_
Yeah don't u guys got a mid-level expemtion, this could be spilt and used on two key vets. Plus the nba allows for the signing for as many minimum wage players as a team needs no? With Wade and Bosh already in the fold, I am sure alot of Vets would come to play in Miami.

Only teams OVER the cap get the MLE. That is what is it for, so teams over the cap still can sign someone.

But we do still have $10M+ in cap space left after signing Wade & Bosh.

DaBUU
07-07-2010, 09:52 AM
Good Choice!

not as much as we're feeling sorry for ourselves

pistonsfanomg
We can still pick up Boozer and a solid shooter and we'll still contend imo.

Ya Boozer and Ray Allen would be soild pickups for the Bulls

You guys can contend with them even though Ray Allen is aging or you guys can trade for a good sg

redwhitenblue
All this talk about about the Heat having a couple years to mesh before they become a championship team. I just don't buy it. Simply because when Boston acquired the big 3 they won the championship their first year. Also, the Lakers once they got Pau haven't seen anything short of an NBA Finals. Money can buy championships.
The big 3 have also not won a championship since.

jaded01
they still wont beat the lakers.

Cbast09
07-07-2010, 09:53 AM
ESPN is talking about Miami non-stop. OH THE IRONY!!!

ESPN hates us. Hopefully we can get a ESPNMiami now.

DaoudS
07-07-2010, 09:53 AM
Official with team that made a formal presentation to LeBron James tells Y! Sports: "It's down to Cleveland or Miami for him."
http://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/status/17950074391

nycsports2
07-07-2010, 09:54 AM
If Lebron does to Miami with those 2, I'm done with the NBA.

this

Cbast09
07-07-2010, 09:55 AM
The big 3 have also not won a championship since.
Ok but they lost in game 7 of the finals. So had they won, they would have two titles in the last 3 years. Plus, without injuries, Boston probably would have been in the Finals in the 2008 season as well.

jetsforever
Yay.... I wonder how hard Bosh pushed Wade to join him in Toronto...

redwhitenblue
http://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/status/17950074391
Sure, his name is Prokhorov, he made that weird statement yesterday.

Hey look, I'm a sports reporter now!

The Flash
07-07-2010, 09:58 AM
there's a report that Rose wants to come to Miami and play with Bosh ans Wade

nycsports2
07-07-2010, 09:59 AM

nvr happening

jetsforever
Oh well. I wont be bitter. Shame that Bosh is gone. I hope we can do this in some sort of sign and trade although we said we werent interested. I'm sure the Raps will miss him but really its not like we won anything with him anyways.

Good luck in Miami

redwhitenblue
I heard the report was that the Bulls were trading Noah and Gibson for Wade and Bosh :rolleyes:

Sly Guy
07-07-2010, 10:00 AM
bosh/wade/lebron. Imagine the free throws!

J4KOP99
I don't know how this move makes LeBron want to go to Miami. If he was going to Miami, he would announce it with Bosh and Wade.

I still think he goes back to Cleveland with a small possibility of him ending up in NY or Chicago.

jaded01
nvr happening

it's sarcasm

redwhitenblue
I don't know how this move makes LeBron want to go to Miami. If he was going to Miami, he would announce it with Bosh and Wade.

I still think he goes back to Cleveland with a small possibility of him ending up in NY or Chicago.
It is weird that if they all decided it together, that they would announce it separately.

whiteboy_eddie
07-07-2010, 10:01 AM
Wade dont PASS the BALL and the roster is EMPTY

pistonsfanomg
07-07-2010, 10:02 AM
That's more than just a big 3 with wade bosh and lebron

that is like a super big 3 or something

Swashcuff
07-07-2010, 10:02 AM
Great move for the heat.

Swashcuff
07-07-2010, 10:03 AM
Wade dont PASS the BALL and the roster is EMPTY

get away troll

J4KOP99
07-07-2010, 10:05 AM
It is weird that if they all decided it together, that they would announce it separately.

Not even separately. Bosh and Wade together, but LeBron waits? I just can't see it happening.

Unless his ego really is that big that he needs to announce his decision by himself haha but LeBron seems like a good guy and I dobut he would come off like that in this situation.

jaded01
07-07-2010, 10:05 AM
That's more than just a big 3 with wade bosh and lebron

that is like a super big 3 or something

they wouldnt have a bench and therefore wouldn't beat the lakers. and if you try to say that they don't need a bench: the best two perimeter defenders in the nba are ron artest and kobe bryant. bosh would be outmanned because the lakers have three big men.... and kobe > lebron.