PDA

View Full Version : Shocker! Lou Thinks We'll Be Sellers

BUD Bleachers
07-07-2010, 04:52 AM
Chicago Tribune-Check it Ah! (http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/cubs/ct-spt-0707-bits-cubs-dbacks-chicago-20100706,0,975895.story)

Lou seems resigned to the fate of the situation.

I think the detachment phase has commenced half way through the season.

Eeyore
07-07-2010, 09:22 AM
Don't you have to possess something of value in order to be a "seller?"

BDawk4Prez
07-07-2010, 09:57 AM
World Series or Bust!!

scubathreefifty
07-07-2010, 10:04 AM
Lets get real, Lou has shown his inability to get this team to respond positively. He has stated that he has done all that he can do to get this group of offensive underachievers to win, without sucess. He has given up and has succumed to the failure of this team. With any other team, he would have been fired the minute those words came out of his mouth! Yes, he's being truthful, but the real answer is, go get someone else to manage on an interim basis, since both Hendry and Lou would be gone after this season. As the manager you can only play with the players that you have, but a great manager gets results from even lesser players, not only the high priced guys. Sadly, Lou has done neither and has only produced a big fat loser!!! FIRE Lou now!!!!! Get the man out of his misery!!!!! He isn't doing this team any good!!!

semperfi
07-07-2010, 10:06 AM
I will lead this team to victory!

cowboydoc45
07-07-2010, 10:09 AM
Lets get real, Lou has shown his inability to get this team to respond positively. He has stated that he has done all that he can do to get this group of offensive underachievers to win, without sucess. He has given up and has succumed to the failure of this team. With any other team, he would have been fired the minute those words came out of his mouth! Yes, he's being truthful, but the real answer is, go get someone else to manage on an interim basis, since both Hendry and Lou would be gone after this season. As the manager you can only play with the players that you have, but a great manager gets results from even lesser players, not only the high priced guys. Sadly, Lou has done neither and has only produced a big fat loser!!! FIRE Lou now!!!!! Get the man out of his misery!!!!! He isn't doing this team any good!!!

2007 and 2008 say hello... Lou did a pretty damn good job of managing them, last year I pretty much chalk up to injuries, this year, well, we just aren't that good. I am not going to say that Lou has nothing to do with this year, but we didn't just stumble out of the gate, we litterally fell on our face and cried like babies... Lou and possibly Hendry will be gone at the end of the season, but there is no need to put someone in "interim" right now. If Lou resigns, let Tramell take it for the rest of the season. Who knows, he might just surprise you. The season is half over, the Cubs aren't "officially" eliminated, but their chances are between slim and none... and slim just left.

semperfi
07-07-2010, 10:15 AM
2007 and 2008 say hello... Lou did a pretty damn good job of managing them, last year I pretty much chalk up to injuries, this year, well, we just aren't that good. I am not going to say that Lou has nothing to do with this year, but we didn't just stumble out of the gate, we litterally fell on our face and cried like babies... Lou and possibly Hendry will be gone at the end of the season, but there is no need to put someone in "interim" right now. If Lou resigns, let Tramell take it for the rest of the season. Who knows, he might just surprise you. The season is half over, the Cubs aren't "officially" eliminated, but their chances are between slim and none... and slim just left.

Bull ****, I will lead us to the promiseland.

Cubs420
07-07-2010, 10:18 AM
good we should be sellers.. This team is going to have to enter a rebuilding stage and it starts this month by compiling as much young talent as possible from guys like Fukudome, Lilly, Lee (maybe Marmol,Theriot and Silva).

IRNMN
07-07-2010, 10:30 AM
Its no secret. Lee, Lilly, Silva, Fuku, Theriot, etc. can all go for the right price.

cowboydoc45
07-07-2010, 11:02 AM
Bull ****, I will lead us to the promiseland.

you do realize that Moses wandered around in the desert for 40 years before leading his people to the promised land (and was never allowed to enter himself)... Just saying :D

Jilly Bohnson
07-07-2010, 12:44 PM
Don't you have to possess something of value in order to be a "seller?"

Actually, we have some decently valuable guys to move. Lilly is quite valuable. Silva's pretty valuable. Lee might still have good value based on reputation. Nady's worth something decent. Fukudome will probably bring in decent value if we kick in money. We could definitely make this work.

captainatheism
07-07-2010, 01:21 PM
you do realize that Moses wandered around in the desert for 40 years before leading his people to the promised land (and was never allowed to enter himself)... Just saying :D

I wouldn't wanna enter myself If I peed on my hands either.

4cubs
07-07-2010, 11:05 PM
I wouldn't wanna enter myself If I peed on my hands either.

Where's Moises when you need him?

smokeosama
07-08-2010, 04:31 AM
Its no secret. Lee, Lilly, Silva, Fuku, Theriot, etc. can all go for the right price.

After his struggles Lee might be a tough sell. I think we should hold on to Theriot, unless we seriously get a good return. Lilly is as good as gone. I'm hoping Fukudome is gone, so Colvin can get full time AB's the rest of the year. Maybe we can dupe the Sox into taking Zambrano and his contract, since Ozzie loves him and all. Peavy might very well be done for the year, so they'll need an arm. Seriously though, Z is pretty much immovable.

Buckwheat
07-08-2010, 04:36 AM
After his struggles Lee might be a tough sell. I think we should hold on to Theriot, unless we seriously get a good return. Lilly is as good as gone. I'm hoping Fukudome is gone, so Colvin can get full time AB's the rest of the year. Maybe we can dupe the Sox into taking Zambrano and his contract, since Ozzie loves him and all. Peavy might very well be done for the year, so they'll need an arm. Seriously though, Z is pretty much immovable.

Lee won't be hard to trade. We'll just pay most of his salary and get lower level prospects out of the deal because of the off year he's having.

I don't know who's going to give a seriously good return for a guy like Ryan Theriot.

Zambrano has a chance of going through waivers. I don't see him being traded, but waivers is a possibility.

smokeosama
07-08-2010, 04:58 AM
My point with Theriot is if we don't get a good return for him, what's the point in trading him? He's a gritty ballplayer who gets the job done and is a team player, while not commanding very much money. This club needs players like he and Marlon Byrd moving forward. Trading DeRosa was still one of the worst moves in recent years. While Theriot is nowhere near the class act and clubhouse spokesperson DeRo was, he still serves his purpose and will do whatever the team asks without pause.

Buckwheat
07-08-2010, 05:00 AM
My point with Theriot is if we don't get a good return for him, what's the point in trading him? He's a gritty ballplayer who gets the job done and is a team player, while not commanding very much money. This club needs players like he and Marlon Byrd moving forward. Trading DeRosa was still one of the worst moves in recent years. While Theriot is nowhere near the class act and clubhouse spokesperson DeRo was, he still serves his purpose and will do whatever the team asks without pause.

Theriot is awful. He has no range and can't take a walk or hit a ball out of the infield to save his life. I'd be more than happy to get rid of him and let Fontenot and Baker play second every day.

smokeosama
07-08-2010, 05:10 AM
Long term, none of the 3 (Theriot, Baker, Fontenot) are the answer, so we're really just talking about who we personally like better. Theriot likely has the most trade appeal of the 3, but still we won't get much for him. There were several articles linking Theriot to the Cards a few months back. Something about that and dealing him gives me nightmares of his goofy inside-out swing driving in a game-winning run in a Cards uni against the Cubs lol. That would actually mean we were playing in a meaningful game, so this vision in my dreams must be a few years down the road.

Buckwheat
07-08-2010, 05:11 AM
I see what you are saying.. If none of them are the answer, though, you might as well get what you can out of him before you just ultimately decide to not resign him.