PDA

View Full Version : ESPN: Lebron James Will Announce His Decision on Thursday, 9 PM ET in Greenwich, CT

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

JNA17
07-06-2010, 09:57 PM
Update:

Multiple sources told Newsday that LeBron James' one-hour special on ESPN, called "The Decision", will be broadcast from a studio in Greenwich, Conn.

The show will air at 9 p.m. on Thursday night on ESPN and James will announce his destination of choice.
http://www.newsday.com/sports/basketball/knicks/the-knicks-fix-1.812055/lebron-will-make-announcement-in-greenwich-conn-1.2086121?qr=1

LeBron James will announce the team with which he will sign during a one-hour special on ESPN Thursday night, ESPN The Magazine's Chris Broussard has learned through independent sources.

ESPN would only confirm that active discussions for the special are ongoing. But sources tell Broussard that representatives for James contacted the network, proposing that James makes his announcement during a 9 p.m. ET special.

Those sources said that James's representatives requested they be allowed to sell sponsorship for the one-hour special, with the proceeds going to the Boys and Girls Clubs of America, and that ESPN agreed to the proposal but had not been told what James has decided.

The NBA's most prized free agent opened a Twitter account on Tuesday and posted his first message on the social networking site. While he provided no information about his future plans, at least he offered something as the NBA awaits the decision on where he'll play next.

"Hello World, the Real King James is in the Building," said the tweet on the kingjames feed, which by 9 p.m. EDT had more than 167,000 followers.

James' publicist, Keith Estabrook, confirmed the superstar's entrance to Twitter, a place where fellow prized free agents Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh often post details about their public lives off the floor.

James' plans still are a closely guarded secret. He visited with six teams -- the New Jersey Nets, New York Knicks, Miami Heat, Los Angeles Clippers, Cleveland Cavaliers and Chicago Bulls -- last week at his business offices in downtown Cleveland and may have made up his mind already. But until he gives word, other teams are positioning themselves to make a run at the 6-foot-8, 260-pound All-Star -- or Bosh or Wade, or maybe a combination.

There have been various reports that the Toronto Raptors were working on a sign-and-trade deal with Cleveland for Bosh, and that James is trying to convince him to join the Cavaliers.

Both James and Bosh are aware that such a trade is possible, and James has tried to recruit Bosh to the Cavaliers several times in the past few weeks, sources told Broussard.

But right now, Bosh remains cold to the idea of playing in Cleveland.

Like James, Wade and Bosh have remained noncommittal about where they'll sign.

The Cavaliers are hopeful that will change, because in Cleveland, Bosh can meet two of his top priorities: playing with James, and getting a six-year, $125 million contract.

If Bosh joins a team without doing a sign-and-trade, he will be able to sign only a five-year deal worth $96 million. He is determined not to leave that $29 million on the table, sources told Broussard.

Although Bosh wants to play with James, he wants to do it in Chicago, Miami or New Jersey. Sources told Broussard he has told the Raptors those are the teams he would like to go to in a sign-and-trade.

Unsure of James' decision, the Nets have a Plan B in case he rejects their offer.

The agent for Knicks forward David Lee says the Nets have talked to him several times since free agency began on Thursday.

An official within the league who is very close to the Nets' management team said the team would also consider going after Utah Jazz forward Carlos Boozer if James rejected the offer that was presented by new owner Mikhail Prokhorov and a team that included hip-hop mogul Jay-Z.

Nets president and general manager Rod Thorn said in a text message on Tuesday that there was nothing to report on the free agency front.

Asked about the Nets' options if The King nixes their overtures, Thorn wrote:

"We will look at other options if we don't get one of the top guys."

While James is the star attraction in this summer's stacked class of free agents, other players have either stayed home or found a new one. On Monday, Amare Stoudemire agreed to a five-year deal with the Knicks and said he would continue to recruit James to join him.

Information from ESPN The Magazine's Chris Broussard and The Associated Press was used in this report.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5359255

also announced on ESPNEWS

PraiseJesus
07-06-2010, 09:58 PM
Knicks

saintdrew
07-06-2010, 09:58 PM
Yeah this is true. Just saw this on ESPN.com. I'm guessing he's going back to Cleveland if he's having the Boys & Girls Club in attendance and other pointless Cleveland ****.

JNA17
07-06-2010, 10:00 PM
Yeah this is true. Just saw this on ESPN.com. I'm guessing he's going back to Cleveland if he's having the Boys & Girls Club in attendance and other pointless Cleveland ****.

yep now it's on espn.com, i'll edit my OP

D Roses Bulls
07-06-2010, 10:00 PM
What a diva.....i never liked him, but thought he would be good for the bulls, but now im starting to not even want him if this is how its gonna be from now on.

DaoudS
07-06-2010, 10:01 PM
This is pitiful. :facepalm:

JRisdabest
07-06-2010, 10:02 PM
hes going to the clippers

saintdrew
What a diva.....i never liked him, but thought he would be good for the bulls, but now im starting to not even want him if this is how its gonna be from now on.

I agree 100%. Honestly if he does return to the Cavaliers then this all has been some "show" for him to put on.

LTBaByyy
What if he said im going back to cleaveland and all the reporters and boys and girls from the boys and girls club(say that 5 times) just left the building hahaha

and you heard one of them say "you put us through all of this!!!"

dnewguy
07-06-2010, 10:04 PM
This guy has become a joke.

JNA17
I don't understand why Lebron has to announce it? I mean really? He can't just sign a contract like every other player and let a reporter or 2 just announce it? To me that just shows he wants the spotlight so bad.

Master Mind
Huge egos ruined the NBA

Jays Claw

You do not know how much I agree with this.

D Roses Bulls
07-06-2010, 10:06 PM
Also to add, I can't believe ESPN is that much of a Lebron whore that they would agree to a one hour special on this. I mean seriously ESPN is worse then TMZ...... so pitiful

FOBolous
At first I was rooting for the Nets but now I'm hoping he stays in Cleveland :pray: If Lebron goes to the Nets, there's a high chance of Bosh joining him. But if he stays in Cleveland, Bosh won't join him which means there's a high chance Bosh might come to Houston :D

Master Mind
Also to add, I can't believe ESPN is that much of a Lebron whore that they would agree to a one hour special on this. I mean seriously ESPN is worse then TMZ...... so pitiful

:clap:

Jays Claw
07-06-2010, 10:08 PM
He'll most likely be back with the Cavaliers. I mean, he's going to announce his decision in Akron, Ohio. Does he really want the children in attendance to cry? Not only that, he'll also get heckled out of the state!

TheGsw
:clap:

AI4MVP
for some reason, i have the gut feeling hes going to return to the cavs, which is kinda boring.

this is the first time ive had this feeling.

The Jokemaker
07-06-2010, 10:09 PM
This is pathetic. It's turned into an American Idol special. One hour to announce your team? What is this special going to entail? Lebron's thought process, how he started at age 5 playing basketball. Interviews with every person important in his life. A magician. I'm not watching that special. I'll tune in to rotoworld to see where he will announce his decision.

And he's going back to Cleveland it is going to be the biggest buzz kill to end all buzz kills.

ItsTheLastAce
A 1 hour special? jebus espn is on Lebron's jock.

NYYCowboys
Knicks are gonna get him...guaranteed

Derick713
07-06-2010, 10:10 PM
James played this prefectly. Why is this a 1 hour special. If he was resigning with the Cavs, I would assume he wouldn't need that much time. If he was resigning with the Cavs a lot of people would be bummed and 2010 Free Agency would've been a total bust. 1 Hour special to resign with current team doesn't make sense.

It'd be kind of crazy if Wade and Bosh where with him and they signed with the Heat.

Holydiver
07-06-2010, 10:10 PM
Boys and Girls club, heres some money, and um, Im leaving you all.

huh uh, aint happening, he is staying put

PraiseJesus
07-06-2010, 10:12 PM
It is a pretty big deal. Not surprised by 1 hour special

ItsTheLastAce
Well where else is he gonna have the press conference other than his hometown? If he does it in another city thats like giving a hint of where hes gonna go.

NYK|NYY
Think if he's making a big deal he's just resigning.

ManRam
07-06-2010, 10:13 PM
I think it's cool he announced when he's going to do it...but I understand why people are annoyed by it. I also think Thursday, the first day free agents can actually sign new deals is a very fitting day to do it.

He's done as much as he could on his behalf to keep this as quiet as possible. Never tweeting, speaking, saying anything etc. Now he's just going to give it to us how it is. No rumors, no BS.

Holydiver
he is gonna make his home town and state very happy

D Roses Bulls
my qustion is, what the hell will they talk about for an hour? is it gonna be some espn guys making predictions and the floor is ognna retract and he is gonna come up in what hat or jersey he is gonna wear like apollo creed in rocky 4 with back ground music playing "living in america"?

Jays Claw
07-06-2010, 10:14 PM
This is pathetic. Does LeBron James really need an hour to announce his decision? The NBA has turned into a joke and ESPN should be shut down. How the hell do you reserve an hour for a five minute announcement? That's laughable.

NYYCowboys
07-06-2010, 10:15 PM
No one is going to have an hour long special to resign in Cleveland...I honestly think (and I didn't think so a week ago) that the Knicks are going to get him.

ellisgw
why are you guys complaining when people do this all time for recruiting.

have u ever heard of a recruiting press conference.

29$JerZ
my qustion is, what the hell will they talk about for an hour? is it gonna be some espn guys making predictions and the floor is ognna retract and he is gonna come up in what hat or jersey he is gonna wear like apollo creed in rocky 4 with back ground music playing "living in america"?

My guess is there will be a breakdown of what each team can do with LeBron.
Then at the final minunte LeBron says where he will go/stay and that's it.

All this just for a simple sentence, I've decided to ......

D Roses Bulls
Knicks are gonna get him...guaranteed

If they do, I will never watch ESPN again for the fact they will have a lebron ticker updating us on his daily events. can you just see the head line Breaking news: "Lebron eats his first slice of New York style pizza, what toppings were on it? stay tune for sports center at 10 for more details"

The Jokemaker
07-06-2010, 10:16 PM

Have you seen Iron Man 2? Think Starks entrance to the Stark expo and thats what it'll be like. He'll parachute down by plane, hand out roses to his mom, and say "I just couldn't leave home!"

Holding a news conference is one thing, this is an hour long special. He'll do this regardless of where he is signing to stoke his ego.

Switch
1 hour special? Wow.

kevin916
I live in cleveland and love the cavs! HE IS A DIVA and i want him gone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rapswin98
Only Lebron James

Chill_Will_24
07-06-2010, 10:17 PM
Sorry Bulls, and Nets. Looks like the smart ones were the Knicks who at least walked out with a lil som som

LAKERS4LIFE!!
I'm losing more and more respect for LeBron! Do you really need a press conference? Nooo just sign wit a team and let a someone report it ... To me he is just an attention seeker and just wants all the spotlight on him but I'm not going to lie, i hope he goes back to the Cavs cuz if he goes to the Bulls or Miami, they're going to be pretty scary haha

BigBlueCrew
will they break away from every tv show like a state of the union address?

Jays Claw
I wonder how long Chris Bosh will take for his announcement. :rolleyes:

D Roses Bulls
07-06-2010, 10:18 PM
Have you seen Iron Man 2? Think Starks entrance to the Stark expo and thats what it'll be like. He'll parachute down by plane, hand out roses to his mom, and say "I just couldn't leave home!"

Holding a news conference is one thing, this is an hour long special. He'll do this regardless of where he is signing to stoke his ego.

yea its really all pathetic

ElMarroAfamado
07-06-2010, 10:19 PM
he will probably say "im stayin' in cleveland"

by the way, this is a disgrace **** enough with this attention whore already i cant wait till this is over so nba teams can go back to normal and actually start signing people

ManRam
I don't think it's crazy for him to announce his decision on national TV. Is he in charge of ESPN deciding to do an hour special? No...that's ESPN's decision. He's just going to go up to a podium, say where he's going to play, and maybe say a few words. I don't see the problem with that.

It's much better than breaking the news on twitter or facebook, or having the news leaked...in my opinion.

He's really done nothing of his own doing to bring all the attention on him. Certainly not more than Amare, Wade or Bosh. I don't get all the hate here. Blame the media, not him.

ShakeN'Bake
Really it takes an hour to say where you want to sign...

Jays Claw
Only LeBron James.

Why did you stop there?

Throw in Chris Bosh, Dwyane Wade and Amare Stoudemire. Only them. :rolleyes:

borat
No one is going to have an hour long special to resign in Cleveland...I honestly think (and I didn't think so a week ago) that the Knicks are going to get him.

What? That is the only thing that would make sense. I doubt Bron would do this and rub it in the face of his City.Not a good PR move. This is looking like all a big ruse to inflate the ego of Lebron even more and make him a hero.

Lo Porto
07-06-2010, 10:20 PM
I'm glad that he's using all this publicity for more than just himself. Giving all the advertising revenue to the Boys and Girls Club is a high class move. Jordan would have put the money in his pocket. This whole FA mess has been frustrating, but that's the first class move I've seen.

rapswin98
07-06-2010, 10:21 PM
Its all about image with him and the NBA and ESPN keep feeding his image. Thats why I cant stand him.

D Roses Bulls
I don't think it's crazy for him to announce his decision on national TV. Is he in charge of ESPN deciding to do an hour special? No...that's ESPN's decision. He's just going to go up to a podium, say where he's going to play, and maybe say a few words. I don't see the problem with that.

It's much better than breaking the news on twitter or facebook, or having the news leaked...in my opinion.

He's really done nothing of his own doing to bring all the attention on him. Certainly not more than Amare, Wade or Bosh. I don't get all the hate here. Blame the media, not him.

No, Broussard just said on espn news that his posse asked for a one hour special and ESPN agreed. yes, espn gave it to them, but he asked for the one hour special which show you that Lebron is such an attention whore and ESPN is worse then TMZ

avrpatsfan
This is going to be funny.

AI4MVP
07-06-2010, 10:22 PM
This could be the most viewed program of all time

ManRam
I'm glad that he's using all this publicity for more than just himself. Giving all the advertising revenue to the Boys and Girls Club is a high class move. Jordan would have put the money in his pocket. This whole FA mess has been frustrating, but that's the first class move I've seen.

Another reason why the hate is just so senseless. I think he's handled this perfectly. He took his time. He tried to keep it as formal and low key as possible. He went to his camp and avoided as much distraction as possible. He didn't let this ruin something like that camp- something he enjoys so much. And now he's deciding to just come up front and tells us all what he's doing, no if and or buts about it, the first day he can actually sign.

Sounds good to me.

The Jokemaker

It was his people who contact ESPN about doing the special. So yes, it is his fault.

Jays Claw
07-06-2010, 10:23 PM
This could be the most viewed program of all time!

Don't be surprised if it is.

Atownballa5
lebron is a attention w**** who cares only about money if he was a real star he wouldnt care and just pick the team and say how can you help me

bowdown27
I don't see how he can call this big news conference and special and stay in cleveland. I think it would be just horrible for sports if he put on this big skeptical and he stays.

THE MTL
FIRST of all, ALL YOU HATERS talking about Lebron calling an ESPN special and announcing his signing as pathetic or ego-related, but MILLIONS of ppl will be watching it! Its a great move!

He is the biggest Free agent of ALL SPORTS....ppl who dont even watch basketball know Lebron is a free agent!

I think an announcement like this is what is needed. Lebron isnt no ordinary guy and him just being reported/leaked like most guys....isnt how it should happen!

borat

:laugh:

Throwing scraps to look good. Dont think for one that this was his idea and dont believe for a second he is doing this for the kids. This was an idea created by his team to counteract what this press conference is really about. Making money and keeping the Lebron brand out there. He is not the one giving money remember?

td0tsfinest
PSD will explode on Thursday at 9 PM ET

I truly believe Lebron will stay with the Cavaliers.

episodenone
07-06-2010, 10:24 PM
with all that espn [aka ric bucher] have gotten wrong so far -- and as much as they want this to be true -- i just can't see lebron doing it this way un;ess he is able to bring in some massive charity money to the girls and boys club [which he obviously could]

Bucsfan
07-06-2010, 10:24 PM
im glad to know the date all this crap will finally be over..lebron lost alot of respect imo....still a great player but what a media whore.......now he is just going to sign 2 years so everybody can do this again in 2 years

D Roses Bulls
07-06-2010, 10:25 PM
Another reason why the hate is just so senseless. I think he's handled this perfectly. He took his time. He tried to keep it as formal and low key as possible. He went to his camp and avoided as much distraction as possible. He didn't let this ruin something like that camp- something he enjoys so much. And now he's deciding to just come up front and tells us all what he's doing, no if and or buts about it, the first day he can actually sign.

Sounds good to me.

he's using this special as an excuse to give the boys and girls club money, but in all reality he is using it because he thinks he is a damn king. he can give the boys and girls club probably more money then they are gonna raise by sponsorship and not look like a diva

SA5195
Really? A "one hour special"

He's taking an hour of tv time, just to say where he's going?

Can't he just say "I'm going to ____". That takes like 5 seconds lol

ManRam
No, Broussard just said on espn news that his posse asked for a one hour special and ESPN agreed. yes, espn gave it to them, but he asked for the one hour special which show you that Lebron is such an attention whore and ESPN is worse then TMZ

To generate money for CHARITY?!?! You're going to bash him for doing that??? Sure, it's attention grabbing, but he isn't getting any more attention by this than he would have anyways. He's the biggest story. End of story. He is the biggest story of this free agency, and as crazy as it sounds, I've heard multiple people say this is the biggest week in the history of the NBA.

Has anyone heard a peep from LeBron during this whole thing? I haven't.

I still think he's handled this far better, and far more classy and humble than the other big names.

The Jokemaker
07-06-2010, 10:26 PM
FIRST of all, ALL YOU HATERS talking about Lebron calling an ESPN special and announcing his signing as pathetic or ego-related, but MILLIONS of ppl will be watching it! Its a great move!

He is the biggest Free agent of ALL SPORTS....ppl who dont even watch basketball know Lebron is a free agent!

I think an announcement like this is what is needed. Lebron isnt no ordinary guy and him just being reported/leaked like most guys....isnt how it should happen!

I understand he's a big FA. A typical 15 minute long press conference televised would have sufficed. What chaps me is the hour long ESPN special which lord only knows what it will contain. THAT is the part that irritates me.

sintaks12
He loses respect in my eyes if he stays. If he leaves, I will have expected it. But to do all this... put all your friends, family, team and most importantly fans through all this when you could have agreed a long time ago. No class.

borat

99.999999999% is that he is staying in Cleveland. It makes no sense to have this press conference otherwise. No way would lebron want an hour special to reveal(in cleveland of course) that he is going to the heat. If he did that i would laugh, because that would be the dumbest move ever in terms of PR. But then again this guy is an egomaniac so i wouldn't put it past him. :laugh:

Jays Claw
07-06-2010, 10:27 PM
The sad thing is, Canada doesn't have ESPN. :(

**** you ESPN! :censored:

THE MTL
He loses respect in my eyes if he stays. If he leaves, I will have expected it. But to do all this... put all your friends, family, team and most importantly fans through all this when you could have agreed a long time ago. No class.

But u respect him more, for walking out on his team and home-state????

LAKERS4LIFE!!

After reading that, I hope he doesn't go to NYK now.

Wisdom Listens
07-06-2010, 10:28 PM
He's staying in Cleveland. I'm almost positive.

RaiderLakersA's
An hour long special? Are you (bleep)ing kidding me?!?

Suddenly, I'm very, very happy to be an old man who came up watching Kareem, Dr. J, Magic, Bird and the rest of the legends of the golden age. If LeBron is an example of the current generation of players, the league is (bleep)ed. Believe that!

Ok, LeBron, announce where your signing and then kindly go back to the end of the line with the other egomaniacal players who haven't won a ring yet. Thanks.

VinceCarter
Really? A "one hour special"

He's taking an hour of tv time, just to say where he's going?

Can't he just say "I'm going to ____". That takes like 5 seconds lol

Obviously ESPN is going to be analyzing the situation for the other 50+ minutes. :facepalm:

D Roses Bulls

because espn throws it down peoples necks.lebron is not the most popular athlete even in the sport. that would probably go to kobe. i mean nike can barely even sell lebrons shoes. how many people do you know who cant wait for the next lebrons to come out? an announcement is needed, but not an hour special.

Hellcrooner
knicks have to move fast.

they need to find ut hwere hi is sigining and announce it 4 hours earlier spoing his prima donna thing and forcing him to chance decision at last minute.

borat
07-06-2010, 10:30 PM
To generate money for CHARITY?!?! You're going to bash him for doing that??? Sure, it's attention grabbing, but he isn't getting any more attention by this than he would have anyways. He's the biggest story. End of story. He is the biggest story of this free agency, and as crazy as it sounds, I've heard multiple people say this is the biggest week in the history of the NBA.

I still think he's handled this far better, and far more classy and humble than the other big names.

If you really think he is doing this for charity then you obviously dont know how the world works. Next thing you are going to tell me is that lebron is going to take a huge paycut so they could bring in another big name guy so he can bring a ring to the city that he cares so much about.

This is simply an egomaniac money grabbing move.

I guess you also think Lebron wont be decked out in Nike gear during the conference too. Maybe he'll only wear boys and girls club gear. :laugh:

stuckinMJsHADOW
Soooooooo does this mean he has a verbal agreement?

Or is this the kind of thing where hes like...

" I CHOOSE YOU..." and thinks its gaurnteed the teams wants his mariah carey divaish *****

this is a joke...i hope the bulls see this and do whatever they can to lock up wade and another

RaiderLakersA's
I don't think it's crazy for him to announce his decision on national TV. Is he in charge of ESPN deciding to do an hour special? No...that's ESPN's decision.

Right, and did someone put a gun to his head to force him to go along with it? No. If he wanted to, he could quietly release word through his agent without taking the podium at all. Let's be real.

krest213
thats the reason I can't stand these FA... Worthless.

Nirvanaskurdt
07-06-2010, 10:31 PM
Stay in Cleveland Lebron :)

sintaks12
07-06-2010, 10:31 PM
But u respect him more, for walking out on his team and home-state????

Tuff call. I'm excited about that notion because I'm a huge Knicks fan. Either way, he's an arrogant diva and NONE of this was needed. I just think stringing along your fans just to sign in the end... dick move.

D Roses Bulls
07-06-2010, 10:32 PM

please manram, dont think for one second its about charity. if he wanted he could just announce his decision in 5 minutes and probably donate a lot more money then this crappy special is gonna raise. this special is all about his ego.

rapswin98

**** you ESPN! :censored:Yea I know, we have to settle for ****** TSN

LAKERS4LIFE!!
An hour long special? Are you (bleep)ing kidding me?!?

Suddenly, I'm very, very happy to be an old man who came up watching Kareem, Dr. J, Magic, Bird and the rest of the legends of the golden age. If LeBron is an example of the current generation of players, the league is (bleep)ed. Believe that!

Ok, LeBron, announce where your signing and then kindly go back to the end of the line with the other egomaniacal players who haven't won a ring yet. Thanks.

Amen to the last part! Acting as if he's won a ring or two already.

Reyes6
1 Hour Special? LOL

You know what? I like it, I think it's going to be watched by millions and I hope he selects the Knicks. Even though I am a Rockets fan, I would love to see him in NY, the fans deserve something to enjoy, even if they aren't contenders for a while.

LTBaByyy
07-06-2010, 10:33 PM
Remind me if I am wrong, but doesnt he have 0 championships?

D Roses Bulls
07-06-2010, 10:34 PM
If you really think he is doing this for charity then you obviously dont know how the world works. Next thing you are going to tell me is that lebron is going to take a huge paycut so they could bring in another big name guy so he can bring a ring to the city that he cares so much about.

This is simply an egomaniac money grabbing move.

I guess you also think Lebron wont be decked out in Nike gear during the conference too. Maybe he'll only wear boys and girls club gear. :laugh:

agreed......... this is all a publicity stunt and about his ego. he's using the charity as an excuse to why he can do this. you noticed he's not donating any of his own money to the boys and girls club, its all coming from sponsors

borat
07-06-2010, 10:34 PM
The whole thing has been fueled by Lebron and Espn. The coverage on this crap is ridiculous and espn has forced the hand with the coverage as well because only the world cup(with no us) and baseball is on. They need to get ratings and all this crap has. So props to them for that.

JDMVP
07-06-2010, 10:35 PM
LeBron what in the world is this?, a president announcement?, anyway this has been way too much

THE MTL
because espn throws it down peoples necks.lebron is not the most popular athlete even in the sport. that would probably go to kobe. i mean nike can barely even sell lebrons shoes. how many people do you know who cant wait for the next lebrons to come out? an announcement is needed, but not an hour special.

Yet another ignorant Bulls fan.

Lebron James is def the most popular athlete. His Nike contract is WORTH DOUBLE of what Kobe's is. And

Btw, basketball shoes are as big as they were 10yrs ago. Ppl are more into dunks, forces, etc.

RaiderLakersA's

Consider yourself very, very, VERY lucky. I tuned in to watch NFL Live on ESPN and what do I get? Conjecture about who is the LeBron of the NFL. They have literally crammed LeBron down everyone's throats. I stopped watching. Stopped going to the website. I'm very close to canceling my extended sports subscription.

thedon01
agree that its pitiful, i've never liked lebron and never will. i don't believe the hype the nba has put around this guy. he was the king and the next mj while he was air balling shots left and right in high school. he's a diva and loves the attention, i hope he stays in cleveland and never wins a ring and becomes another AI.

Derrick Rose
lol..it'll be funny if dey have TV's in Chi, NY, Cle, and Mia for fan reaction

Reyes6
07-06-2010, 10:36 PM

Neither does Dirk, but people seem to like him.

The[chi][town]
honestly im to the point where i dont even want lebron on the bulls, give me wade and boozer and lets call it a day(if it were only that easy)

VinceCarter
He wants to be a successful moneymaker through business then while he is playing ball he needs to MAXIMIZE HIS NAME!

You guys gotta look at the situation without the ignorant assumptions.

THE MTL
07-06-2010, 10:38 PM
Honestly, I BET ALL of you ppl will be watching on Thursday at 9pm! So i dont understand why is there a reason for all this bashing.

He is making this ESPN special. For ppl like us (....NBA PSD addicts) have something to watch instead of just running to the PSD and discuss him! lol.

JNA17
Lebron James is def the most popular athlete. His Nike contract is WORTH DOUBLE of what Kobe's is.

so.....because his contract is higher means he's more popular? Alright that's cool, so we can totally just throw out the fact that his jerseys/shoes is the highest by a wide margin in the nba today and the fact that he is treated like a god in china. Yeah i can see that logic working just swell.

Gators123
Did you guys forget? He already announced where hes going

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0nia6a8dnk

thedon01
Neither does Dirk, but people seem to like him.

Dirk isnt a diva like lebron, too many people love lebron because they think he's the next mj. this damn league has had a hard on for a "new" mj since the mid-late 90's. lebron is not that guy

Master Mind
07-06-2010, 10:39 PM

1 hour to say he's staying in Cleveland :eyebrow:

oak2455
Its going to Charity:)

LTBaByyy
He might as well add ESPN to all his endorsements....

Then pulls a pagent move by inviting boys and girls club for charity

Lebron used to be my 2nd fav player

RaiderLakersA's

The "analysts" at ESPN are presently tallying up his total. It may take an hour or more to confirm their sources on that. Maybe that's why they're having the hour long special???? :shrug:

D Roses Bulls
07-06-2010, 10:40 PM
Yet another ignorant Bulls fan.

Lebron James is def the most popular athlete. His Nike contract is WORTH DOUBLE of what Kobe's is. And

Btw, basketball shoes are as big as they were 10yrs ago. Ppl are more into dunks, forces, etc.

wow........you must watch a lot of tmz, extra and access hollywood if you like this kind of publicity stuff

also for your info, his new contract isnt worth more then kobes. his old one was, but his new one isnt. tells you something right there. look at the statistics, lebrons shoes don't sell, but kobes does. oh and what about Huarache? who made that famous? hmmmm..... kobe did cause he wears them and jordans shoes still sell like crazy. obviously you dont know what your talkin about

The[chi][town]
07-06-2010, 10:41 PM
Honestly, I BET ALL of you ppl will be watching on Thursday at 9pm! So i dont understand why is there a reason for all this bashing.

He is making this ESPN special. For ppl like us (....NBA PSD addicts) have something to watch instead of just running to the PSD and discuss him! lol.

hahahahaha thats awesome PSD Addicts. i always go to my girlfriends house and jump on the computer and shes like "so whats new on PSD" and "your always on PSD" blah blah blah whateverrrrrrrrrrr

LAKERS4LIFE!!
This wouldve been much more acceptable if he would have atleast one Finals win.

r@iders4ever
can someone show me in the article where it says that hes gonna be in akron when he makes his announcement

Derrick Rose
Skip is going to eat Lebron alive tomorrow

td0tsfinest
07-06-2010, 10:42 PM
So what's the possibility of Lebron signing a two year contract and doing this madness all over again in 2012.

Hellcrooner
07-06-2010, 10:42 PM
you know what wud be great=?

thqt he said I dont care a **** i just want to get opaid and dont cre who signs the check.

here i have four balls im going to put into this box one per team and ill pick one and there is will go.

Hellcrooner
07-06-2010, 10:43 PM
So what's the possibility of Lebron signing a two year contract and doing this madness all over again in 2012.

ultrahigh.

NYYCowboys
Another sign he might go to the Knicks...Chris Broussard who hates the Knicks and has bashed them for weeks on end said "don't be surprised if it's the Knicks." He looked so dejected as he said it.

D Roses Bulls

maybe..... i heard ESPN is strict and if you bad mouth the network at all, they fire you, but i will have respect for him if he does blast them.

BigBlueCrew

Yes I will be watching at Thursday 9 PM. But I bet you I'll be finished watching by 9:10 PM.

quiksilver2491
I find it hilarious that someone can complain about all the hype Lebron gets, yet that same person has a signature dedicated to one of the teams he will sign with..contradictory perhaps :eyebrow:

Hiphopopotamus
LBJ = douche

The[chi][town]

maybe he will be the cause of the apocalypse in 2012 :)

D Roses Bulls
07-06-2010, 10:44 PM
Another sign he might go to the Knicks...Chris Broussard who hates the Knicks and has bashed them for weeks on end said "don't be surprised if it's the Knicks." He looked so dejected as he said it.

he doesnt hate the knicks, he use to be the beat writer, or still is for them

VinceCarter
LeBron wants to be a successful moneymaker through business. Therefore while he is playing ball he needs to MAXIMIZE HIS NAME!

LTBaByyy

Did you see todays show?!?!? He had me cracking up!!!

But hes only being honest

D Roses Bulls
LBJ = douche

x100000000000000000000000000000000000000000

LAKERS4LIFE!!

You're making yourself look very foolish, please just stop talking.

Hiphopopotamus
07-06-2010, 10:46 PM
As a Bulls fan I don't even want him anymore. Seriously, he and Bosh have proven themselves to be annoying, self serving divas. There a lot of nba players that are this way, but it doesn't fit with who the bulls are and what they are doing

RaiderLakersA's

I was thinking the same exact thing...that he'd sign a 3 year contract. If he does, at least we know what to expect. Get your popcorn ready...although it will likely be stale by then. "It" meaning the act AND the popcorn. :)

LTBaByyy
I like when everyone agrees on something!!

Its better for PSD morality hahahahahahaha

BkOriginalOne
07-06-2010, 10:47 PM
The Funny thing is, he is still not going to win a ring for at least 2 more seasons whatever he does.

borat
Yes, we all know this egomaniac is all about himself and his money.

Thank you captain obvious!

redzone11
during a one-hour special on ESPN Thursday night

The ultimate :facepalm:

LAKERS4LIFE!!
07-06-2010, 10:48 PM
Can't wait til he signs so all this annoying speculation ends!!!!

D Roses Bulls
I like when everyone agrees on something!!

Its better for PSD morality hahahahahahaha

yea i think this has brought psd a lot closer cause we can all finally agree except a few knuckle heads that lebron= diva, douche, bigger ego then favre, and a attention whore.

LTBaByyy
DO YALL THINK ESPN WILL PLAY HIS MOVIE (DOCUMENTARY) B4 THE 1 HOUR SPECIAL?!?!?!?!?

that would be a major :facepalm:

rapswin98
Yes I will be watching at Thursday 9 PM. But I bet you I'll be finished watching by 9:10 PM.I'll just be watching Sportscenter or I'll just check the ticker.

JordanPippen
07-06-2010, 10:49 PM
This is pathetic. Does LeBron James really need an hour to announce his decision? The NBA has turned into a joke and ESPN should be shut down. How the hell do you reserve an hour for a five minute announcement? That's laughable.

money from advertisements.

SF25
07-06-2010, 10:50 PM

I'm not surprised at all, typical ESPN imo.

levignjw
I don't understand why Lebron has to announce it? I mean really? He can't just sign a contract like every other player and let a reporter or 2 just announce it? To me that just shows he wants the spotlight so bad.

Doesn't surprise me at all to be honest. His ego is bigger than Ron Jeremy's ****.

PraiseJesus
Joe Biden:

This is a big ______ deal

NIUTKE
I bet the announcement will be his decision to retire from the game.

RaiderLakersA's
07-06-2010, 10:52 PM
I'll just be watching Sportscenter or I'll just check the ticker.

I'm just going to wait until the next day and watch ESPN First Take. I've always wanted to see Skip Bayless' head explode. I can just see him now... :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

LTBaByyy

Hahahahaha then he will be Coach for an expansion team in the NBA called Akron ESPN's

Gators123

You may be right, He will join MMA and fight Delonte West. :pray:

NYYCowboys
07-06-2010, 10:53 PM
he doesnt hate the knicks, he use to be the beat writer, or still is for them

He isn't still the beat writer for them...and he has been bashing them for months saying they're gonna get shutout and saying how they wasted their time clearing cap space and that Lebron doesn't need New York and now he's gonna eat his words.

LAR1V1ERE
07-06-2010, 10:53 PM
i mean he better leave cleveland if they are really going to put on such a spectacle of him it would be pointless to sit through 55 mins are b.s just to hear im going back to cleveland,then promises will be made that things will change and they wont and so on and so forth. this is gay.

_KB24_
07-06-2010, 10:54 PM
Like him or not, Lebron has probably got the smartest business mind in the NBA. He is certainly the Jay Z/50 Cent of the NBA. He is the biggest attention seeking whore the NBA has ever seen, my goodness. Why not just sign with the god damn team like any other player live on television instead of having some stupid special? It'll be funny if it ends up showing us like how the lottery is presented and he chooses via a ping pong live on ESPN :laugh2:

marj987
The Better add A drum role in it too cause this should be worth it

CHAD27
99.999999999% is that he is staying in cleveland. It makes no sense to have this press conference otherwise. No way would lebron want an hour special to reveal(in cleveland of course) that he is going to the heat. If he did that i would laugh, because that would be the dumbest move ever in terms of pr. But then again this guy is an egomaniac so i wouldn't put it past him. :laugh:

don't you think that the reason he is having this press conference is because he is leaving cleveland & maybe thats the reason for trying to seem like a good guy with this boys and girls thing? The only thing that could take an hour is to say how much he loves cleveland but he has to leave blah blah blah and he'll prolly start crying for a half hour. I dont know maybe id be a bad pr guy but that makes more sense to me. What do you guys think?

THE_G.O.A.T.
07-06-2010, 10:55 PM

Why can't you spell out people? Also, Lebron sucks

Reyes6
07-06-2010, 10:56 PM
I think he'll wipe his *** with millions of dollars for 59 minutes.

RaiderLakersA's
07-06-2010, 10:56 PM
If he should announce that he's leaving Cleveland...

...what's the over/under on fake tears about 10 seconds into his speech?

TheShock45
07-06-2010, 10:57 PM
Fvck Lebron James seriously, i wasnt a huge fan but i didnt hate the guy but ths puts it over the edge. There is no need at alll for him to have an hour long special to where he will end up at. seriously fvck him and he's trying to act like a humanitarian by saying proceeds will go charity no fvck you this is about you. Does Ilya Kovalchuk get an hour to announce where he's going?? does Dwayne Wade??? did CC Sabathia?? no but this ******* needs even more attention by having a special about what team is gonna overpay for him. I can't wait to watch him never win a ring.

statquo
He's going to say how thankful and grateful he is cuz he started his career in Cleveland and will never forget them and how it'll be like his 'home', try going out as a class act and get the fans to sympathize with him.................. then sign in NYC.

r@iders4ever
can somebody show me in the article that the press conference will be held in acron, and not somewhere like chi, nyc, or mia

Hellcrooner
07-06-2010, 10:58 PM
what are the chancves he says he is sigining with cleveland..... browms?

levignjw
07-06-2010, 10:58 PM
I have never hated an athlete more then I hate this ****ing man right now.

levignjw
07-06-2010, 11:00 PM
I know a lot of people will think I am lying right now, but even if the Pistons had a shot of signing him, I would not ****ing want this prima donna on my team. I would rather suck **** next year then have a guy like this on my team. I don't give two ***** how good he is.

KB24PG16
07-06-2010, 11:01 PM
lol is he going to be like a kid commiting to college with a line of hats and then pick one up and declare to a team :laugh2:

RaiderLakersA's
Any chance of the Lakers having their ring ceremony whenever we play LeBron at Staples? You know, to remind him what it's really all about???

D Roses Bulls
I have never hated an athlete more then I hate this ****ing man right now.

agreed 100%

borat
07-06-2010, 11:02 PM
what are the chancves he says he is sigining with cleveland..... Browms?

99.9999999999999999999999999999999999%

netsgiantsyanks
07-06-2010, 11:02 PM
espn is really on lebron james dick arent they?? cant he just sign a damn contract and let someone report it?? i mean damn....but ill still be watching it anyway;)

ManRam
07-06-2010, 11:03 PM
Him announcing it at Saint Vincent-Saint Mary I think says it all...

No way he'd announce THERE, of all places, that he's leaving Cleveland.

_KB24_
If he should announce that he's leaving Cleveland...

...what's the over/under on fake tears about 10 seconds into his speech?

Under, I think the onions will not be able to withstand 5 seconds in.......

over/under on him speaking for no more than 5 minutes. I have a feeling the special is going to be a complete waste of time and just speculation and marketing until maybe the last little bit.

elizur
He is using this to make money for Boys and Girls Club. That is admirable. He would not do this if it was not going to help the charity, IMO.

LTBaByyy
07-06-2010, 11:06 PM
Does david stern announce it with lebron sitting there?

"with the first pick, lebron james selects...."

im onlyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy saying this once, i have soooooo much respect for kobe now. Best player in the league, lebron is def #2

avrpatsfan
07-06-2010, 11:06 PM
Did you guys forget? He already announced where hes going

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0nia6a8dnk

_KB24_
07-06-2010, 11:08 PM

****....... :mad:

THE MTL
07-06-2010, 11:09 PM
Why can't you spell out people? Also, Lebron sucks

ur from Illinois? Arent u a Bulls fan? Thats odd you would say that.

But then again ur a Bulls fan....who dont know if ur going left or right. So i should have expected this lol.

Jonathan2323
Vinny Del Negro just put LeBron on the back page. owned

levignjw
He is using this to make money for Boys and Girls Club. That is admirable. He would not do this if it was not going to help the charity, IMO.

If you really believe this you really do not understand the extent of this man's ego....

JNA17

"with the first pick, lebron james selects...."

im onlyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy saying this once, i have soooooo much respect for kobe now. Best player in the league, lebron is def #2

since that's the case, I'm going to book mark your post and keep it forever :D

LTBaByyy
07-06-2010, 11:11 PM
Are all cleaveland fans bandwagon fans?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

I havent seen one cleaveland fan on here since the season was over.....

JNA17

the man's ego is bigger then a freaking blimp, do you truly believe that?

oak2455

"with the first pick, lebron james selects...."KNICKS:D:D

Fixed:eyebrow:

nanablvd
oh my god, an one-hour espn special for his personal announcement....

hgtiger32
07-06-2010, 11:13 PM
LeBron should do what the HS football players do. sit in front of a table with the hats of teams interested and he picks one up and puts it on...lol i don't get the haters. most of the "haters" are gonna watch it anyways. ESPN is going to get crazy ratings...i think it will be pretty good entertainment. it would be better if Wade and Bosh would join him to make his desicion. never the less, i'm kinda glad this whole thing is almost over...then hopefully i won't have to see LeBron in a Bulls, Heat, Nets, Knicks uniform in soooo many ppls sigs...amen peace out

JNA17
07-06-2010, 11:14 PM
wait a min i just had a brain blast...

what if he backs out of the announcement like he did with the slam dunk contest?

levignjw
07-06-2010, 11:18 PM
wait a min i just had a brain blast...

what if he backs out of the announcement like he did with the slam dunk contest?

bothfeef
07-06-2010, 11:18 PM
he's just gonna make his decision and then open it up for questions..... what's the big deal

jmb8311
07-06-2010, 11:22 PM
I don't get all the hate. If Lebron just signed a deal and it was announced, he'd have 10000 reporters requesting interviews and asking questions about why he made his decision to go one place and not the other. ESPN is going to talk about his decision for weeks to come, including around the clock coverage the day(s) immediately following his decision. This is the case, regardless of whether Lebron wants it to be, so what's wrong with getting all of the reporters in one place to break the news simultaneously and make a good amount of money for a charity at the same time? Everybody wants to make their trendy and witty comments about how big Lebron's ego is and how he's an attention whore, yet out of all of the big name FA's this offseason he's been the quietest about his intentions. I don't know how the guy is, I've never met him and never will, but evidently 90% of PSD has because they know exactly what kind of person he is. And don't give me the "he said this or seems like the kind of guy that would do that" lines because we've all seen it way too many times in sports where we think we understand or know how an athlete is, only to find out that we have zero idea what they're really like.

levignjw
07-06-2010, 11:22 PM
he's just gonna make his decision and then open it up for questions..... what's the big deal

The big deal is that's not how it works in the ****ing NBA. You sign with the damn team that offers you the best contract/opportunity to win and then take questions. You don't dedicate an entire hour to yourself simply because you love the taste of sucking your own dick.

nalrah01
07-06-2010, 11:24 PM
Thursday @ 9? Sweet, I've been waiting for some good prime time drama TV show ever since LOST ended!

ryguy2k7
07-06-2010, 11:25 PM
I'm with the minority...he's getting all the attention so he might as well make a big deal out of it. Everyone wants to know exactly when he'll say where he's going to go anyways...it's nice to know when he'll do it.

Even if he is a "Diva", his decision affects the free agency and the future of the NBA. Can't argue with that. Might as well make it a big deal.

Kakaroach
07-06-2010, 11:25 PM
You know everyone will be tuning in. Should be quite the show...

JNA17
07-06-2010, 11:26 PM
this thread has brought 90% of PSD users closer together....the other 10% need to stop watching fox news :D

ryguy2k7
Thursday @ 9? Sweet, I've been waiting for some good prime time drama TV show ever since LOST ended!

perfect thing to say. yes.

seahawks77
Knicks

mRc08
07-06-2010, 11:27 PM
I want lebron on the bulls, but this is just more evidence of why Kobe>Lebron.

seahawks77
07-06-2010, 11:27 PM
The point of the Special is to sell advertising and give ALL profits to Boys & Girls Club.... nice gesture on his way out of Cleveland.

still1ballin
07-06-2010, 11:30 PM
pathetic

schilling
07-06-2010, 11:31 PM
Try counting how many times Lebron's name is mentioned on ESPN News and Sportcenter broadcast.

The answer is way too much. :facepalm:

NYK_kidd77
07-06-2010, 11:31 PM
This is so stupid. Does he really need a whole hour dedicated to this. Makes me think way less of him.

Akshay
07-06-2010, 11:32 PM
It depends where the location of this announcement will happen. Is it just gonna happen in Cleveland or Akron? or somewhere away from Ohio?

avrpatsfan
07-06-2010, 11:32 PM
this thread has brought 90% of PSD users closer together....the other 10% need to stop watching fox news :D

Hawkize31
07-06-2010, 11:33 PM
Haters gonna hate I guess.

The fact is that every sports show will be a "Lebron Special" after he announces. So why is it a big deal if we call it what it is, instead of watching "Sportscenter" show the same thing?

Gators123
07-06-2010, 11:34 PM

Fox>>>CNN ;)

JNA17
Try counting how many times Lebron's name is mentioned on ESPN News and Sportcenter broadcast.

The answer is way too much. :facepalm:

hey everybody! Take a Drink for every time you watch ESPN and hear Lebron's name called!

Can anybody say, biggest alcoholic poisoning in the history of mankind? :cool:

ILMindState
Wow, just wow. I hope he signs anywhere but Chicago, and we build a team that beats this dbag every year in the playoffs.

jasondrobinson
not gonna lie i would do the exact same thing if i was in his position and i dont even like lebron. this could be a bigger news conference than when jordan first retired. only if he leaves tho, if he stays than its a giant waste of time, both for that night and the last two weeks.

JNA17
07-06-2010, 11:35 PM
Fox>>>CNN ;)

no no no you got it all wrong my friend, it goes like this.

CNN and Fox News<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<your local news network :)

Akshay
07-06-2010, 11:36 PM
IMO, This will be probably in the top 100 most watched event in american history.

Gibby23
07-06-2010, 11:36 PM
Wow, just wow. I hope he signs anywhere but Chicago, and we build a team that beats this dbag every year in the playoffs.

Lol, if his choice is the Bulls on Thursday, you are going to love every part of that 1 hour special.

AddiX
07-06-2010, 11:37 PM
Welcome to NY man, your gonna love it here.

Unlike in CLE, Miami and Chi, we support our team no matter who is on it, and how good or bad they are doing.

Plus, you'll have a real shot at making that billion dollars you wanted.

cmellofan15
I hope he goes to LAC

Gibby23
not gonna lie i would do the exact same thing if i was in his position and i dont even like lebron. this could be a bigger news conference than when jordan first retired. only if he leaves tho, if he stays than its a giant waste of time, both for that night and the last two weeks.

The same amount of people would watch because they don't know where he is going.

avrpatsfan
Fox>>>CNN ;)
Agreed.

JNA17
07-06-2010, 11:38 PM
IMO, This will be probably in the top 100 most watched event in american history.

you know what's worse, if this is the case, it would be the perfect time for a terrorist attack.....just saying :shrug:

GodsSon
The guy needed an entire hour dedicated to himself and his decision on ESPN...terrible

~Troy

Nope he's gonna anounce that he's leaving put both hands in the air give everyone the finger and say **** yall and walk out. All of ohio will be like :speechless:. And I'll just laugh.

Gibby23
07-06-2010, 11:39 PM

Unlike in CLE, Miami and Chi, we support our team no matter who is on it, and how good or bad they are doing.

Maybe that is the reason the Knicks have been bad for so long. Im happy to hear Eddy Curry is a fan fave.

jmb8311
07-06-2010, 11:40 PM
I don't understand how ESPN over reporting the situation has translated into blind hatred on Lebron. LBJ has kept quiet and is giving the networks, newspapers, and every other source available what they've been asking for at a decisive time. At least he's not pulling a Favre diva dance and giving a different story every day. Not his fault if ESPN is all over the story. It's not exactly primetime sports season right now. You have midseason baseball and World Cup Soccer which 90% of American's couldn't even tell you who's left in the field.

BaustinSali08
07-06-2010, 11:44 PM
This is where he signs with the Cleveland Browns right?

jmb8311
07-06-2010, 11:45 PM
you know what's worse, if this is the case, it would be the perfect time for a terrorist attack.....just saying :shrug:

Attack where? I don't think I've ever tried to think like a terrorist, but I think they could find a better target than a high school gym full of reporters and one basketball player. Then again, judging by the ESPN and LBJ hate in this thread, who knows.

Akshay
07-06-2010, 11:45 PM

This would be the info on 'Bron's wiki then. "James, (however time) MVP, a finals winner, was also a part of the one of the biggest mass terrorist attacks in history."

JNA17
07-06-2010, 11:47 PM
Attack where? I don't think I've ever tried to think like a terrorist, but I think they could find a better target than a high school gym full of reporters and one basketball player. Then again, judging by the ESPN and LBJ hate in this thread, who knows.

anywhere. Think about it, if that many people are watching this, most likely a bunch of people all over the United States, their target could be the tower in Seattle or the empire state building lol

Akshay
07-06-2010, 11:49 PM
anywhere. Think about it, if that many people are watching this, most likely a bunch of people all over the United States, their target could be the tower in Seattle or the empire state building lol

Only if he were going to play in New.. Jersey. Since the Knick fans would be pissed as **** and would destroy everything in sight, since they know they need more than Amar'e.

Gibby23
07-06-2010, 11:51 PM

That makes no snese.

ramsizzle
07-06-2010, 11:52 PM

you fool the bulls are always in the top 3 in attendance...if you make a point make it right. :facepalm:

jmb8311
07-06-2010, 11:53 PM
That makes no snese.

No snese at all.

lavell12
07-06-2010, 11:54 PM
i will not watch. enough with this guy who hasn't won ****. i'd rather have d-wade on my team anyway.

Chisweetness34
07-06-2010, 11:54 PM

The Bulls have have been top five in attendance over the last five years...

Akshay
07-06-2010, 11:55 PM
No snese at all.
iknorite? haha

I thought maybe that Bosh or any other free agent should make their announcement in this hour period, so we can get some of this spectulation over w/ and not just LeBron's.

AddiX
07-06-2010, 11:56 PM
The Bulls have have been top five in attendance over the last five years...

My bad....:clap: props to bulls fans

Rose is wack though....

XerxestheGreat
07-06-2010, 11:57 PM
Too much drama for my mama...

JerzeyFresh
07-06-2010, 11:59 PM
If Lebron doesnt go to chicago hes a moron.

pistonsfanomg
07-06-2010, 11:59 PM
I guess Lebron is Barack Obama?

*Silver&Black*
07-07-2010, 12:01 AM
How long has this been planned by Lebron and ESPN is what I want to know?

Chisweetness34
07-07-2010, 12:02 AM
If Lebron doesnt go to chicago hes a moron.

Well he's a moron then.

still1ballin
07-07-2010, 12:03 AM
state of the union address

JWO35
07-07-2010, 12:03 AM
I hope he resigns with the Cavs, so ESPN and all these people who say LeBron is going to my team!!!!!!1 look like complete fools....

Yanks All Day
07-07-2010, 12:07 AM
Cleveland will be happy to retain LBJ and complete a S&T for Chris Bosh in the same weekend. My thoughts here is that LeBron is confident that Bosh will realize his best chance to win is to accept the S&T to Cleveland. That way, he gets his money, plays with LeBron, and joins a team that has won 60+ games 2 years running. He will get national media attention and endorsements simply by being on the same team as LBJ.

Bottom line, I just feel that LeBron will not leave Cleveland unless he absolutely has to, and will ultimately stick with his home town, and bring Chris Bosh along.

handle
I'm embarrassed to be an NBA basketball fan.

SANDBURG23
A one hour ESPN special to announce the team he will sign with. One hour special, what we going to see high lights of his career then all the moves made by the teams to put them selves in position to get him. Interview from fans asking him to come to there team. His bid announcement and an interview with C.Berman. Will all the owners and GM's be there to run on stage with there if he chooses there team. This is one of the biggest jokes in sports I've heard about in awhile. A ONE HOUR SPECIAL for a FA signing. BS.

DaoudS
07-07-2010, 12:08 AM
I hope he goes to Greece.

Wade_County
07-07-2010, 12:09 AM
wonder if he will show up on time, lol

shep33
07-07-2010, 12:11 AM
What a diva... lost respect for him. Don't get me wrong, whichever team he picks is a huge deal. But he's a drama queen, needs the attention, wants the attention, the guy is placing himself above the rest of the league. I don't like it...

I was actually commending LBJ for not being like Bosh during the FA period. Then I hear this...

Still the guy is a freak of nature, dominant basketball player... but IMO, this is worse then what Bosh/Wade are doing with their little documentaries.

topdog
07-07-2010, 12:11 AM
This guy is making me sick :puke:

SANDBURG23
07-07-2010, 12:12 AM
Maybe he'll announce his retirement.

still1ballin
07-07-2010, 12:13 AM
PSD is gonna blow up after the statement

"I decided to sign with the ____________"

hgtiger32
07-07-2010, 12:13 AM
he's pulling an MJ and switching leagues, he's going to play for the Browns!!!

JordansBulls
07-07-2010, 12:14 AM

I agree.

still1ballin
07-07-2010, 12:16 AM
A lot of people hating on King James.

I like.

shep33
07-07-2010, 12:18 AM
I agree.

x2... don't like how he's doing it this way. I remember a thread not too long ago saying how Bosh is a diva, and most people agreed. How on earth would this be any different, in fact its much worse.

Wade_County
07-07-2010, 12:19 AM
5 mins of a press conference then ESPN "experts" breaking down the effects, lol

J4KOP99
07-07-2010, 12:20 AM
Just make the decision on your own, e mail it to somebody at espn, SI, Yahoo and wherever else and then sit back and watch. Don't turn this into a reality show.

Don't use charity as an excuse for this.

G-Bay New J
This shiiit is getting out of hand...

But I still hope on thursday he say NETS :)

GottaBelieve
An hour on ESPN?? Really??

Might as well have white smoke from the chimney announce his decision.

mynameismo
As great of a player he is, I hope he stays in Cleveland so we can Beat him again next year.

ESPN + Lebron James = Circus