PDA

View Full Version : Raja Bell shares a "strong mutual interest to reach agreement on deal"

Avenged
07-06-2010, 07:47 PM
A season after Ron Artest stormed cross court to get in Kobe Bryant's face during the 2009 NBA playoffs, Bryant welcomed his arrival in L.A. with open arms. Four seasons after Raja Bell clotheslined him in a Lakers' playoff game against the Phoenix Suns, Bryant apparently is doing the same thing.

Yahoo! Sports' Adrian Wojnarowski recently reported that both the Lakers and Bell share a "strong mutual interest to reach agreement on a deal," with Bryant being what Wojnarowski described as a "strong advocate" for a deal to happen. For those wondering how Bryant can go from enemy to friend in a heartbeat simply don't understand that he views adversaries and teammates simply in the context of basketball. It's fair to say Bryant doesn't have many friends in the game within his inner circle, although he created bonds with several teammates in the 2008 Olympics. It's also fair to say that even if Bryant feels personal satisfaction in dominating opponents, that animosity quickly dies once the game ends and if they wind up becoming his teammate.

http://lakersblog.latimes.com/lakersblog/2010/07/my-entry.html

evadatam5150
07-06-2010, 07:51 PM
I endorse this.. ;)

LAKERS4LIFE!!
07-06-2010, 07:54 PM
Although Bell is getting old, our defense will become even better with him so I would love to get him for his defense and baseline 3 point shooting...imagine him, Blake, and artest all on the same team with Kobe ahah they all had so much beef with Kobe and now they may all be on one team.

COBY KARL
07-06-2010, 07:57 PM
wasn't this also posted like 2 weeks ago?

RidgeRaider24
07-06-2010, 07:58 PM
that would be great if we get bell, re sign fish, and get a backup for drew and were set

gr824
07-06-2010, 08:00 PM
If Bell is over his injuries, has not yet succumbed to age, and is willing to 'work' for $2 million/year or less to have a solid chance at a ring, then I have no real problem with bringing him on board the Three Peat train ... :cool:

:D :D :D

LAKERS4LIFE!!
07-06-2010, 08:05 PM
Does anybody know his stats last year, 3PT%, any injuries he had, and how old he is?

MoBASS
07-06-2010, 08:12 PM
Does anybody know his stats last year, 3PT%, any injuries he had, and how old he is?

There's this tiny website called google you should try it out.

lakers4sho
07-06-2010, 08:15 PM
I am lakers4sho and I approve this message.

:dance:

LAKERS4LIFE!!
07-06-2010, 08:17 PM
Haha youre funny, don't got to be a Smarta** about it.

Lakers211221
07-06-2010, 08:21 PM
Nah, I'll pass on Bell...I'd like to get TMac

CLASSOF72
07-06-2010, 08:22 PM
Can this guy still play? What's his status? The Bell I remeber would be TT's.

gr824
07-06-2010, 08:25 PM

Bell played only 6 games last season, shot 46% from the field, 44.4% on 3s, and scored a total of 71 points for the entire season ...

Most of the time he missed was due to a broken left wrist that I believe required surgery ...

Bell is 33, but he will turn 34 before the 2010-2011 season starts ...

jonesyLakeShow
07-06-2010, 08:25 PM
He is turning 34 before the season he is averaging .411 from 3's.. two years ago 44 for 94 with suns wow...13 points per game and in the playoffs he is 60 percent from the field (field goals)

championships
07-06-2010, 08:26 PM
hmm I guess

championships
07-06-2010, 08:27 PM
Looks like Phil wants lock down D his final year

BigGuy951
07-06-2010, 08:28 PM
I'd welcome him with arms wide open. I hope this and/or the McGrady deal could somehow happen.

showtym24
07-06-2010, 08:28 PM
This looks like a some guy took old news and tried to make it new again.

KillaInstinct24
07-06-2010, 08:31 PM
yes, lets make this happen. if fisher be resigned, blake and bell would completely bolster that bench. we could actually have a bench that increases the lead instead of relinquishing it

LAKERS4LIFE!!
07-06-2010, 08:32 PM
If Bell is over his injuries, has not yet succumbed to age, and is willing to 'work' for $2 million/year or less to have a solid chance at a ring, then I have no real problem with bringing him on board the Three Peat train ... :cool:

:D :D :D

Thank you for the information! But wow I wish he was the same raja bell that clotheslined Kobe a few years ago in the playoffs.

R32
07-06-2010, 08:40 PM
I'd welcome him with arms wide open. I hope this and/or the McGrady deal could somehow happen.

yesSs~ i would 'welcome him with arms wide open' & … clothesline him!!! :punish

:up:

:laugh2: :laugh: :laugh2:

DownUnder
07-06-2010, 08:43 PM
I'd welcome it, but my head keeps telling me he'll sign on with D-Wade in Miami. His family ties may be the swayer in his twilight years.

KillaInstinct24
07-06-2010, 08:59 PM
I'd welcome it, but my head keeps telling me he'll sign on with D-Wade in Miami. His family ties may be the swayer in his twilight years.

yeah its either move closer to the family or stay 1 more year away on top of the many years he's been away from Miami (his whole career i might add) for a championship :facepalm: if anything its money, miami has more to spend

LakersChamps
07-06-2010, 09:04 PM
:rock:We should get Mr. Bell but guys let's get Fisher back first. He is our key guy in the locker room and Mr. Clutch in playoffs. Two more days until Thursday and we will start to see the pieces fall for us... Don't be surprised to see Miller deal getting done too... remember we need to replace our whole bench.. until Thursday....:rock::dance:

Storch
07-06-2010, 09:37 PM
:dance: YES! :dance:

RollinDeep
07-06-2010, 09:52 PM
:rock:We should get Mr. Bell but guys let's get Fisher back first. He is our key guy in the locker room and Mr. Clutch in playoffs. Two more days until Thursday and we will start to see the pieces fall for us... Don't be surprised to see Miller deal getting done too... remember we need to replace our whole bench.. until Thursday....:rock::dance:

Miller deal would absolutely SHOCK me. If we just resigned fish, added Bell and Blake, couple filler bigs, I say we'd be done.

Vinylman
07-06-2010, 09:56 PM
This thread needs to be merged with the other Raja thread...

nothing new in here requiring a new thread...

imo... raja ends up with the Knicks

still1ballin
07-06-2010, 10:28 PM
So I guess this means no Tmac?

Testaverde16
07-06-2010, 10:35 PM
Lets get it done.

Mave1002
07-06-2010, 10:41 PM
Nah, I'll pass on Bell...I'd like to get TMac

So... offense over defense is what youre saying?

No thanks.

Iceman_9
07-06-2010, 10:55 PM
if he can still play hard D while hit the open three, then this will be a good deal..

KB24PG16
07-06-2010, 11:08 PM
im cool with bell or tmac coming to LA im not sure how i feel about morrow or barnes

DownUnder
07-06-2010, 11:17 PM
yeah its either move closer to the family or stay 1 more year away on top of the many years he's been away from Miami (his whole career i might add) for a championship :facepalm: if anything its money, miami has more to spend

Read before you facepalm fool. I said the family may be the swayer. MIA is trying to build a championship team around Wade and if they achieve that and offer BELL a contract the same as ours he would probably take that seeing as his family is there. AND he has indicated since the end of the season that he would like to get closer to home now he's out of contract if it became an option.

kb24ap28
07-06-2010, 11:44 PM
wasn't this also posted like 2 weeks ago?

the article in the link refers to a yahoo report which is dated june 22. so yes this is old. nothing new here

nanablvd
07-07-2010, 12:21 AM
I like Raja Bell being in the Lakers bench. My concern, however, remains the athleticism and speed of the team. A bench with Blake, Bell makes the roster older and slower than last year's. Bell is a very good backup, but I think the Lakers should need Shannon or Tony Allen more, someone speedy and athletic as an insurance against athletic matchups.

Avenged
07-07-2010, 12:35 AM
My bad if this is old news guys, just saw the date of article which was released today and wanted to share it. Especially since our forum has been a little slower than usual.

showtime24
07-07-2010, 12:43 AM
I like Raja Bell being in the Lakers bench. My concern, however, remains the athleticism and speed of the team. A bench with Blake, Bell makes the roster older and slower than last year's. Bell is a very good backup, but I think the Lakers should need Shannon or Tony Allen more, someone speedy and athletic as an insurance against athletic matchups.

Ebanks & Caracter to the rescue :)

Anilyzer
07-07-2010, 01:07 AM
Wow... adding Raja Bell along with Steve Blake means that our backcourt defense is improved quite a lot. In addition to Ron Artest, it means the team is continually evolving and improving defensively. Also this Ebanks guy is supposedly a defensive gem as well.
This will all work in our favor if we have to play Miami in the Finals -- having defensive guards to cover DWade will make all the difference.

I am concerned that we need some beefier type players on the frontline... I saw the headline that Boston is meeting with Kwame... Lakers need some players like that. They're a little bit light on their feet up front, still, if you ask me. Maybe we could swing an Odom for Glenn Davis + Tony Allen deal...? Is that crazy? Or maybe a player like Chuck Hayes from Houston... Kwame or Kurt Thomas wouldn't be terrible either...

Gene2420
07-07-2010, 01:19 AM
Do it, he's a great role player

iggypop123
07-07-2010, 01:24 AM
never bad to have a vet and a hungry one. his defense isnt the same anymore but at least he can shoot 38% from 3.

teckmunny
07-07-2010, 01:26 AM
What the hell does everyone on here wan tmack here! He is just a scorer and not much of a team player@ he will mess up are chemistry big time!

Pearljammer II
07-07-2010, 01:33 AM
Are we trying to sign every player Kobe has had a skirmish with in his career... Artest, Miller. Bell...

KillaInstinct24
07-07-2010, 02:03 AM
Read before you facepalm fool. I said the family may be the swayer. MIA is trying to build a championship team around Wade and if they achieve that and offer BELL a contract the same as ours he would probably take that seeing as his family is there. AND he has indicated since the end of the season that he would like to get closer to home now he's out of contract if it became an option.

i did read FOOL, or i wouldnt have replied :facepalm: So you believe everything everyone says to the media dont you? yet again :facepalm::facepalm:

dru_562
07-07-2010, 02:36 AM
it be cool Blake replaces Farmar, Bell replaces Brown, Tmac replaces Morrison, im cool with that!!! haha it be a dream iff Shaq replaces mbenga, JO replaces Powell

RidgeRaider24
07-07-2010, 02:50 AM
i hope we get bell, would be a great add

Rskinz101
07-07-2010, 03:45 AM
i rather get Matt Barnes or even better both lol

Raven19
07-07-2010, 04:35 AM
Do we have a more recent article about bell's destination?

dodgerfan87
07-07-2010, 05:10 AM
I doubt the Lakers get Raja Bell, especially after giving Steve Blake that contract recently. The only way that we can bring Bell in is if we get him for the vet. min.... We have little to no flexibility since we are so far over the salary cap.
Just the ability to get MAYBE 2 players for the vet. min. Of course, we also need to consider getting D-Fish back too. We need him back ASAP!

kid24
07-07-2010, 05:42 AM
that would be a nice pick up to ad to are bench.

DownUnder
07-07-2010, 05:58 AM
i did read FOOL, or i wouldnt have replied :facepalm: So you believe everything everyone says to the media dont you? yet again :facepalm::facepalm:

Oh I'm sorry Pretty Tony. I shouldn't read what he says to the media. I should just ring him. Got his number?

The Raven
07-07-2010, 06:06 AM
Of course id love to get him but realistically he's going with the Heat. Seems more inclined to play there. He'd be a a great role player for us here though

kmorton06
07-07-2010, 08:37 AM
Dallas is definitely in the top three for me,Ē said Bell, who mentioned that Miami and Orlando are also among his preferred destinations due to having so much family in Florida.

NBA front-office sources told ESPN.comís Marc Stein that Bell has been contacted by several other contending teams, including Boston, San Antonio and Portland. He has also been personally lobbied by longtime former nemesis Kobe Bryant, who reached out to Bell recently urging him to join forces with Bryant with the Lakers. But sources say L.A.ís recent agreement to sign guard Steve Blake as well as its intention to re-sign perennial playoff stalwart Derek Fisher leaves Bryantís team with little spending money to compete with so many suitors.

Looks like Matt Barnes is moving up the list!

Burleson81
07-07-2010, 09:16 AM
Dallas is definitely in the top three for me,Ē said Bell, who mentioned that Miami and Orlando are also among his preferred destinations due to having so much family in Florida.

NBA front-office sources told ESPN.comís Marc Stein that Bell has been contacted by several other contending teams, including Boston, San Antonio and Portland. He has also been personally lobbied by longtime former nemesis Kobe Bryant, who reached out to Bell recently urging him to join forces with Bryant with the Lakers. But sources say L.A.ís recent agreement to sign guard Steve Blake as well as its intention to re-sign perennial playoff stalwart Derek Fisher leaves Bryantís team with little spending money to compete with so many suitors.

Looks like Matt Barnes is moving up the list!

No knock on Kobe, but if he wants him, he could always restructure his own contract. Less $$ for a chance to tie MJ and get his 6th title? :D Raja possibly joining Wade and Bosh in Miami looks formidable, especially since they're still in the hunt for other players like Fish for example. :mad:

lakers4sho
07-07-2010, 09:34 AM
No knock on Kobe, but if he wants him, he could always restructure his own contract. Less $$ for a chance to tie MJ and get his 6th title? :D Raja possibly joining Wade and Bosh in Miami looks formidable, especially since they're still in the hunt for other players like Fish for example. :mad:

We'd still be over the cap. Waaaaayyy over.

LA_Raiders
07-07-2010, 10:34 AM
I hope it does happen, we need help from the bench, and bell can play SG or SF...

Great if we can get the deal done...

QUICKTRADE
07-07-2010, 10:42 AM
i rather loose Fisher and getting Bell since he is a more serviceable personnel. Age plays a big factor in basketball no matter how good you are when you are still young. In this business world loyalty is not being considered much. We will just wake up one day and we receive a news that KB is traded.This is a reality and we should all respect. I still like to see lakers landing Kurt Thomas and matt barnes. hate to say this but is there a way we could get rid of Luke and sasha's big contracts?

Burleson81
07-07-2010, 10:48 AM
i rather loose Fisher and getting Bell since he is a more serviceable personnel. Age plays a big factor in basketball no matter how good you are when you are still young. In this business world loyalty is not being considered much. We will just wake up one day and we receive a news that KB is traded.This is a reality and we should all respect. I still like to see lakers landing Kurt Thomas and matt barnes. hate to say this but is there a way we could get rid of Luke and sasha's big contracts?

Trade them? That's what Chicago and Miami did to get cap space, although they traded for draft picks. But probably no takers. Hell, the Rockets forum has fans asking for Ariza to be traded because of his inflated contract. Good luck finding anyone interested to get an injured player with big money (Walton) and Sasha who outside of 2 free throws, contributed what again?

gr824
07-07-2010, 10:55 AM
Do we have a more recent article about bell's destination?

Here's one:

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/mavericks/post/_/id/4669913/raja-bell-mavs-have-mutual-interest

It is not particularly encouraging for Laker fans, though ...

J4KOP99
07-07-2010, 10:59 AM
Yeah, I doubt he comes. Looks like he will end up on Miami. Right now we just need to worry about Fisher and a back-up big man.

gr824
07-07-2010, 11:00 AM

The CBA prohibits players from restructuring existing contracts for that purpose ... Or for any other, for that matter. Besides, even if Bryant gave up his whole salary for next season, it would do essentially nothing to enable the Lakers to get more $$$s for Bell under the balance of current circumstances ...

gr824
07-07-2010, 11:11 AM

I am not clear what you are saying here. After all, Bell will be 34 before next season starts so he is in the vicinity of Fisher in terms of age [ Fish will be 36 ]. In fact, based on their recent history of 'ability to play', Derek may actually be 'younger' in basketball terms because he has been healthy enough recently to get out on the court every night. On top of that, Kurt Thomas, soon to be 38, is significantly older than either one of the guards you are talking about ... :eyebrow:

Lakeshow86
07-07-2010, 11:40 AM
I think it would be great to get Bell. Definate upgrade over Sasha and Brown. Im still wondering if the possible sign and trade with Clippers. Blake for Sasha is being talked about. That would let lakers keep Midlevel. The lakers could then get mike Miller. Blake, Bell and Miller in one offseason. That would be magical

New Power House
07-07-2010, 02:23 PM
I think it would be great to get Bell. Definate upgrade over Sasha and Brown. Im still wondering if the possible sign and trade with Clippers. Blake for Sasha is being talked about. That would let lakers keep Midlevel. The lakers could then get mike Miller. Blake, Bell and Miller in one offseason. That would be magical

With the possibility of Lebron now going to Miami to create the new three headed monster,Lakers might be thinking to more seriously to make the bench the best of the NBA. I think Buss once again is going to play all his chips on this hand. Odom and Sasha's contract can be the hiding ace to win the game of the summer of 2010!

nanablvd
07-07-2010, 02:46 PM
I like Raja Bell a lot, but I'd rather have Tony Allen than Bell. Hope the Lakers can get someone speedy and athletic and not depend too much on the two young rookies come playoff times when athletic matchups are expected to pose the Lakers threats. The starters will be one year older, and replacing Shannon and Farmar with Blake and Bell make the team a little too slow to operate their defense.

MJL
07-07-2010, 02:51 PM
I think it will bring some more toughness to out team, more outside jumper means more space for our bigs and Kobe, more defense. I like it...Just wish he is two years younger!

FakeBlackMamba
07-07-2010, 02:58 PM
yea Bell would probably prefer to go to MIA, but i agree, he would be a very good addition to this team. No more getting nervous when Luke would come in knowing the guy cant hit an outside shot if his life depended on it. Bell is a good shooter and a decent defender even at his age.

MVPKOBE43
07-07-2010, 03:09 PM
Bell would be a perfect back up for kobe. and you know the lakers defense wont slack off when he comes in. Also in certain situations Kobe could slide to the 3 ad play along side him. Or Bell at the 1 Kobe 2 Ron 3 Lamar 4 Gasol 5 in situations where we need a good defender on the point gaurd. itd been nice to have him gaurd ray allen or rondo in the finals. Sign him already

New Power House
07-07-2010, 03:40 PM
I doubt the Lakers get Raja Bell, especially after giving Steve Blake that contract recently. The only way that we can bring Bell in is if we get him for the vet. min.... We have little to no flexibility since we are so far over the salary cap.
Just the ability to get MAYBE 2 players for the vet. min. Of course, we also need to consider getting D-Fish back too. We need him back ASAP!

How about s&t with warriors for Sasha's. He will be happy there shooting threes!

New Power House
07-07-2010, 03:46 PM
Here's one:

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/mavericks/post/_/id/4669913/raja-bell-mavs-have-mutual-interest

It is not particularly encouraging for Laker fans, though ...

The article mention that he could go there for the minimum. So,unless he ********,he will sign there instead of coming to the champs. He has to be looking to score at least 3 or 4 a year at least:otherwise he is a laker next year.