PDA

View Full Version : What Do You Think of Jack McClinton?

Stunner
07-06-2010, 07:46 PM
Last year he was drafted by the Spurs and was cut. Do u think he will play in the NBA this season and make a impact for a team. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ev37tOfM2lo He shot 47% from the field and 45% from the 3 his senior year.

DRE'-MAC
07-06-2010, 07:47 PM
If he didn't even make a SL team, then I don't think there is much chance of him playing in the NBA...I'd love for him to make it though.

Stunner
07-06-2010, 07:49 PM
If he didn't even make a SL team, then I don't think there is much chance of him playing in the NBA...I'd love for him to make it though.

He is on the Bulls summer league team.

R_O_W_E
07-06-2010, 07:51 PM
Good scorer. Hes from east Baltimore, hes got a tough streetball game but can light it up when he gets hot.

All he needs to do is be able to adjust to spotting up. Rose penetrating to the basket and kicking it out to him for 3. Hes not going to be able to dominate the ball taking as many shots as he wants in the NBA. You gotta start out as a role player before you get a bigger role.

He should be in the league though. He asked to be released by SA, he wasn't cut.

cheerio
07-06-2010, 07:52 PM
Dont see him playing this year

Stunner
07-06-2010, 07:56 PM
Good scorer. Hes from east Baltimore, hes got a tough streetball game but can light it up when he gets hot.

All he needs to do is be able to adjust to spotting up. Rose penetrating to the basket and kicking it out to him for 3. Hes not going to be able to dominate the ball taking as many shots as he wants in the NBA. You gotta start out as a role player before you get a bigger role.

He should be in the league though. He asked to be released by SA, he wasn't cut.

Well thats good he wasnt cut maybe he felt he wasnt ready for the NBA yet and wanted to work on his game. Jack can be the shooter the Bulls have been looking for since BG left, i think he might make the team or i hope he does.

GiantMetKnick
07-06-2010, 07:56 PM
Never understood why a team wouldn't want a shooter off the bench. Could be like Sasha Vujacic (sp?) with 4th quarter 3's or foul shots.

Stunner
07-06-2010, 07:57 PM
Never understood why a team wouldn't want a shooter off the bench. Could be like Sasha Vujacic (sp?) with 4th quarter 3's or foul shots.

I hope he isnt like Sasha, Jack jus looks like a NBA player i could see him giving a team 12 points of the bench as a 6th man.

Korman12
07-06-2010, 08:05 PM
I hope he isnt like Sasha, Jack jus looks like a NBA player i could see him giving a team 12 points of the bench as a 6th man.

Jack looks like one of those fringe 2nd round talents that could be useful, but ends up being nothing. If he can't cut it with the Bulls, like he didn't with San Antonio, there's not much hope left.

People were saying the same exact things about him last year. But, he has a better shot this time around (roster-wise).

R_O_W_E
07-06-2010, 08:06 PM
Well thats good he wasnt cut maybe he felt he wasnt ready for the NBA yet and wanted to work on his game. Jack can be the shooter the Bulls have been looking for since BG left, i think he might make the team or i hope he does.

He asked to be released because he knew he wasn't going to make the Spurs. He played pretty well in Turkey last season & made more money. He averaged 16 PPG.

Hes a true baller. I hope he makes the Bulls. Dont sleep on Almond or Byars either. Remember Byars was a projected 1st Rounder a few years ago, but slipped to Round 2. Almond is always scoring a lot in the NBDL.

Korman12
07-06-2010, 08:06 PM
I'm not disputing his talents or anything, but if he can't cut it, he can't cut it.

Korman12
07-06-2010, 08:07 PM
He asked to be released because he knew he wasn't going to make the Spurs. He played pretty well in Turkey last season & made more money. He averaged 16 PPG.

Hes a true baller. I hope he makes the Bulls. Dont sleep on Almond or Byars either. Remember Byars was a projected 1st Rounder a few years ago, but slipped to Round 2. Almond is always scoring a lot in the NBDL.

Byars was garbage in the summer league the past two years.

R_O_W_E
07-06-2010, 08:09 PM
Jack looks like one of those fringe 2nd round talents that could be useful, but ends up being nothing. If he can't cut it with the Bulls, like he didn't with San Antonio, there's not much hope left.

Do you realize San Antonio is notorious for their draft picks not making their roster and ending up with the Austin Toros? Look at whats been going on with Malik Hairston, Marcus Williams, & Ian Mahimi. These guys have almost yearly been in & out of their main roster spending time in the NBDL.

McClinton went to Turkey because it was a better deal. Had he stayed in America, and went to the NBDL. Do you not think he would've been one of the 27 players this past season called up from the NBDL?

R_O_W_E
07-06-2010, 08:12 PM
I'm not disputing his talents or anything, but if he can't cut it, he can't cut it.

No doubt. I am just sayin for some guys they have to take a tougher route to the NBA, its not really solely about talent its about if you're in the right situation where you can provide something a team needs. He'll get his chance, but it depends on what he does with it.

Stunner
07-06-2010, 09:03 PM

Yeah Almond is a big time scorer as well and i knw about Byars from last year.

SeoulBeatz
07-06-2010, 09:21 PM
Last year he was drafted by the Spurs and was cut. Do u think he will play in the NBA this season and make a impact for a team. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ev37tOfM2lo He shot 47% from the field and 45% from the 3 his senior year.

Looks like he could be the next Eddie House, could be.

Not impressed with anything besides his shooting. He's small and he doesn't have moves to get to the basket.

we'll see. not trying to hate, but u see a lot of guys who can shoot the lights out just like jack but are too small and have no other game to speak of. (salim stoudemire...?)

having a good 3 pt stroke can take u far though so who knows.

Joshtd1
07-06-2010, 11:11 PM
Jack McClinton would be like Eddie House. Saw him last year during summer league while he was playing for us..didnt impress me. If he takes a role as a spot up shooter he could be useful, other then that he won't do much. He struggled to get shots off against bigger guys, and his defense wasnt overly impresive. His ball handling is average on top of it, so I really coudlnt see him playing a PG role..he is basically a SG in a PG body.

JayW_1023
07-07-2010, 07:21 AM
Good shooter, indeed reminds me of Eddie House.