PDA

View Full Version : Report: Mavericks-Heat Trade In The Works

R_O_W_E
07-06-2010, 07:15 PM
The Miami Heat have discussed a deal with the Dallas Mavericks to acquire big man Brendan Haywood, the Miami Herald reported, citing a player and a separate agent who have been directly involved in those discussions.

Miami would part with Heat free agent center Jermaine O'Neal or Michael Beasley or both. The Heat has met with Mavericks free agent center Haywood already. It also has talked with the Utah Jazz and power forward Carlos Boozer.

It's possible the Heat would also seek a backup point guard from Dallas, with Rodrigue Beaubois and J.J. Barea both playing behind Jason Kidd.
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/stories/070710dnospomavstrade.11299a8b0.html

Beasley to the Mavs? What a ****ing steal for Dallas.

R_O_W_E
07-06-2010, 07:19 PM
Now that I think about it. That would be a great deal for both teams.

Brendan Haywood is a solid C who would fit well next to Boozer or Bosh.

O'Neal is solid also but hes not a good fit next to Bosh or Boozer in Miami. He could excel with a PF like Dirk on the perimeter giving him the post to do some work.

Allstar21
07-06-2010, 07:20 PM
i read that mavs dont wanna move Beaubois
i could see JJ being added in there

DCB/LAL
07-06-2010, 07:21 PM
Steal for the Mavs?? A few weeks ago the Heat couldn't even pay a team to take Beasley now he's a steal?

29$JerZ
07-06-2010, 07:21 PM
Miami trading Beasly for Haywood is pointless

BlondeBomber41
07-06-2010, 07:22 PM
Yeah, no ****ing way the Mavs trade Roddy Beaubois. Add Dwyane Wade and yeah, otherwise no.

JO/Beasley for Haywood works fine for me. Otherwise no.

dtmagnet
07-06-2010, 07:22 PM
I don't think Jermaine and Dirk would be a good combo.

R_O_W_E
07-06-2010, 07:23 PM
Steal for the Mavs?? A few weeks ago the Heat couldn't even pay a team to take Beasley now he's a steal?

False.

The Nets-Heat rumors were shot down by multiple sources. The Heat apparently asked for the #3 pick.

Miami couldn't trade Beasley, because there is only 2 players on the roster. T

LTBaByyy
07-06-2010, 07:23 PM
Were not giving up Roddy!! lol It would be JJ if we were doing this

R_O_W_E
07-06-2010, 07:25 PM
Yeah, no ****ing way the Mavs trade Roddy Beaubois. Add Dwyane Wade and yeah, otherwise no.

:laugh2:

jimbobjarree
07-06-2010, 07:25 PM
they need Haywood much more than Beasley and JO. Bad trade for the Mavs.

shizzle09
07-06-2010, 07:26 PM

:facepalm:

truly one of thoe most ridiculous comments ive ever seen on here. no joke.

ldc62
07-06-2010, 07:26 PM
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/stories/070710dnospomavstrade.11299a8b0.html

How so?

J_M_B
07-06-2010, 07:27 PM
I don't think Jermaine and Dirk fit well together..

Michael Beasley is going to be a reall good player, he just needs to get out of Miami first.

Venomous88
07-06-2010, 07:27 PM
make it happen:clap:

R_O_W_E
07-06-2010, 07:29 PM
How so?

Hes 21. You're looking at a guy who can play the 3 or 4 and has a high upside. Instead he'd make their bench arguably the best in the NBA.

R_O_W_E
07-06-2010, 07:30 PM
:facepalm:

truly one of thoe most ridiculous comments ive ever seen on here. no joke.

It caught me off guard.

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/43/wtf-dog.jpg

LTBaByyy
07-06-2010, 07:33 PM
Do this trade after Lebron signs w/ NY or Clev and Im in!!!!!

JO(13 pts and 7 reb) = Haywood (9pts and 9 reb)

Main thing is were getting Beasley at 21 years old

lavilevi23
07-06-2010, 07:35 PM
Make it happennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn lol

R_O_W_E
07-06-2010, 07:36 PM
Do this trade after Lebron signs w/ NY or Clev and Im in!!!!!

JO(13 pts and 7 reb) = Haywood (9pts and 9 reb)

Main thing is were getting Beasley at 21 years old

Haywood is a lot tougher than JO. JO is more versatile than Haywood.

It balances itself out. Now it depends on what Dallas can do with Damp's unguaranteed contract.

Cromedome
07-06-2010, 07:39 PM

Off topic...what's up with all these feminine looking dudes in your sig? You had some prince looking dude the other day too.

beasted86
07-06-2010, 07:43 PM

Let's not get ahead of ourselves buddy.

Okay, maybe Riley calls up Cuban with that trade and he says "No way"

If Cuban called up Riley with your trade, he'd just plain hear dial tone.

I mean I get you are trying to make some sort of analogy of some sort, but don't go overboard. It just makes you seem like you are overrating Beabouis badly.

Hype
07-06-2010, 07:43 PM
We'll take some of that Beasley action in Minny, holla

R_O_W_E
07-06-2010, 07:47 PM
Off topic...what's up with all these feminine looking dudes in your sig? You had some prince looking dude the other day too.

You dont know who Lil B is?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IC0t2qFilRk

Mavrix
07-06-2010, 07:52 PM
JO and Haywood have very similar defensive games...but JO is the better offensive player. I think he would fit in perfectly at the 5 in Dallas. If Beasely is thrown in, I wouldn't mind trading Roddy. Beasely coming off the bench along with Terry would be insane.

R_O_W_E
07-06-2010, 07:54 PM
JO and Haywood have very similar defensive games...but JO is the better offensive player. I think he would fit in perfectly at the 5 in Dallas. If Beasely is thrown in, I wouldn't mind trading Roddy. Beasely coming off the bench along with Terry would be insane.

Dont forget Dominique Jones. Dallas has themselves a future star in Dominique Jones.

I really like his demeanor and how he goes about the game. Some guys you know just can't fail because they wont let themselves fail.

LTBaByyy
07-06-2010, 07:56 PM
Coo!!!!! I like this trio for the future

Roddy
D Jones
Beasley

Jonathan2323
07-06-2010, 07:57 PM
Its funny how everyone is down on Beasley.

drobe86
07-06-2010, 07:59 PM
Jo is superior to Haywood so I would take that deal straight up. And then youre going to give me Beasley for free? Cuban should have taken this deal the moment the Heat called him.

Big Zo
07-06-2010, 08:00 PM
Doesn't look like it'll happen.

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nba/news/story?id=5359252

DRE'-MAC
07-06-2010, 08:01 PM
If I were Dallas and being offered Joneal and Beasley for Haywood I'd take that in a second. Joneal (When healthy) is better than Haywood IMO. And Beasley is still young and is a solid player still.

showtym24
07-06-2010, 08:01 PM

HAHAHAHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH HAHAAAAAAAAA. That made my day.

Young2Kinsler
07-06-2010, 08:02 PM
Haywood and Barea for JO and Beasley make sense on a lot of levels. Works pretty well for both teams, really hope to see this get done.

As for Roddy, they wouldn't give him up for Joe Johnson, so I can't see any way he would be in this deal.

J_M_B
07-06-2010, 08:07 PM
Jermaine isn't that good guys..

He is very inconsistent and won't play more than 60 games in a season.

O'Neal is also a below average rebounder for his size..

Don't be blinded by his numbers

Young2Kinsler
07-06-2010, 08:08 PM
Doesn't look like it'll happen.

That tune will change if Haywood tells them he is about to leave for free.

MacFitz92
07-06-2010, 08:09 PM
We wouldn't give up Roddy Beaubois for Joe Johnson. He won't be involved in any trade unless it brings us a top toer superstar. Roddy Beaubois is going to be one of the best PGs in the league in 3 years or so.

LTBaByyy
07-06-2010, 08:15 PM
Jermaine isn't that good guys..

He is very inconsistent and won't play more than 60 games in a season.

O'Neal is also a below average rebounder for his size..

Don't be blinded by his numbers

Dont you know your adding beasley in there?!?!

Both of them just for haywood and jj ??? when we have Roddy!!

Ill take that in a heart beat!!! haywood couldnt even win the starting job over sorry Dampier!!!

Dont give him too much praise either, his points are put backs!!! and the boards are from him standing there...

We NEVER ran one play for him to score

R_O_W_E
07-06-2010, 08:18 PM
We wouldn't give up Roddy Beaubois for Joe Johnson. He won't be involved in any trade unless it brings us a top toer superstar. Roddy Beaubois is going to be one of the best PGs in the league in 3 years or so.

At first I :laugh2:

Then I :facepalm:

drobe86
07-06-2010, 08:19 PM

Ill take that in a heart beat!!! haywood couldnt even win the starting job over sorry Dampier!!!

Dont give him too much praise either, his points are put backs!!! and the boards are from him standing there...

+1.... Haywood is only an average center. 10 pts and 8 rebounds is about what you can expect. He's not a bum, but he's clearly nothing to get excited about....

R_O_W_E
07-06-2010, 08:19 PM
I like RoBo Cop. He lit my Warriors up this season, I was watching it waiting for him to finally get cold and sit back on the bench.

Trouble87
07-06-2010, 08:26 PM
Dirk and Beasly would be sick

EL HEAT
07-06-2010, 08:27 PM

But the Heat wouldn't need Haywood to score. Just to rebound the basket ball and defend.

I think its a fair trade for both teams.

LTBaByyy
07-06-2010, 08:32 PM
But the Heat wouldn't need Haywood to score. Just to rebound the basket ball and defend.

Thank you!! haha

I dont know what your friend was talking about

Sixerlover
07-06-2010, 08:32 PM
Why are the Mavs fans so high on Beaubois? D-Wade in return? A future superstar? Top 3 pg? Hold your horses there. He's a talented young player who had a very good year. I think we should leave it at that for now

LTBaByyy
07-06-2010, 08:46 PM
Why are the Mavs fans so high on Beaubois? D-Wade in return? A future superstar? Top 3 pg? Hold your horses there. He's a talented young player who had a very good year. I think we should leave it at that for now

That was 2 guys saying that!! That doesnt make them every mavs fan in the world!!

You dont watch the mavs play! haha He didnt have a good year, he only played 12 min a game in 56 games... 7 pts 1 ast

BUT When he plays everytime he has a espn top 10 OR most of time he has flashes of greatness, Thats why everyone is high on him

THis year he is the back up pg all year and will get GOOD minutes!!!!

I would def say he will be an all star consecutive years in the west when d will and paul decline in the future, he's only 22!!!

icon1914
07-06-2010, 08:50 PM
Isn't Haywood a FA? Doesn't Miami have tons of cash? Why would Miami trade Beasley for a player they can just sign?

Pinrod33
07-06-2010, 08:55 PM

If beasley is part of that deal, then Pat got completely desperate and really screwed the pooch. I agree that Beasley would not really fit at the 3, permanently for the heat, and I don't think he's mature and consistent enough to be a 6th man...... but, the only reason that Beasley is worth so little right now is because of the piece of garbage that is Erik Spolestra (heat coach) and the media bandwagon that we live in these days.

I don't think anyone has really realized how much influence the media has now-a-days. They don't have to even report one thing that is actually true and they have thousands of people reading their articles. Every writer is flying off the handle with any piece of info they receive, and we the fans are going along for the ride they are creating. None of the Big 3 have said anything concrete, yet the reports have come in from a 3 headed dynasty in miami, to lebron joining the knicks and bringing along any and every star that is to become a free agent in the next 5 years.

The president of the freaking United States was practically elected by the media, for the love of christ (sorry, I know that was completely off topic).

We are in a new day and age people. One where we rely on these jokers that are called writers to tell us what we should believe or expect. Whether it have any merit, or if it's just some dumb idea one of these guys came up with while trying to pinch a loaf

There, got that off my chest.......

Pinrod33
07-06-2010, 08:57 PM
Isn't Haywood a FA? Doesn't Miami have tons of cash? Why would Miami trade Beasley for a player they can just sign?

Good point, he's not getting anything close to a max deal, so it doesn't really make sense to me either. Maybe Dallas feels they have a legitimate chance to re-sign him and still feel they can play hard ball with S&T offers

EL HEAT
07-06-2010, 09:04 PM
If beasley is part of that deal, then Pat got completely desperate and really screwed the pooch. I agree that Beasley would not really fit at the 3, permanently for the heat, and I don't think he's mature and consistent enough to be a 6th man...... but, the only reason that Beasley is worth so little right now is because of the piece of garbage that is Erik Spolestra (heat coach) and the media bandwagon that we live in these days.

I don't think anyone has really realized how much influence the media has now-a-days. They don't have to even report one thing that is actually true and they have thousands of people reading their articles. Every writer is flying off the handle with any piece of info they receive, and we the fans are going along for the ride they are creating. None of the Big 3 have said anything concrete, yet the reports have come in from a 3 headed dynasty in miami, to lebron joining the knicks and bringing along any and every star that is to become a free agent in the next 5 years.

The president of the freaking United States was practically elected by the media, for the love of christ (sorry, I know that was completely off topic).

We are in a new day and age people. One where we rely on these jokers that are called writers to tell us what we should believe or expect. Whether it have any merit, or if it's just some dumb idea one of these guys came up with while trying to pinch a loaf

There, got that off my chest.......

I agree 100% that Eric Spolestra has messed up Beasley career. He needs to be traded if he is ever going to live up to that number #2 pick.

_KB24_
07-06-2010, 09:05 PM
Once again, the Mavs trying hard to get to the that next step. Has Mavrix already proclaimed this team the GOAT!? ;)

ruslan898
07-06-2010, 09:07 PM
He's another player who's going to get overpaid... so saddd...!!

EL HEAT
07-06-2010, 09:09 PM
Once again, the Mavs trying hard to get to the that next step. Has Mavrix already proclaimed this team the GOAT!? ;)

Love the Quote from Jay-Z.

king4day
07-06-2010, 09:13 PM
Dirk and Beasly would be sick

If Wade and Beasley didn't work, I don't think Dirk will help excel him. I do see him being an excellent role player on the Mavs though.

Bulls_fan90
07-06-2010, 09:19 PM
Mavs wont trade Haywood

So it is true, no one wants the Beasley...can't really blame them.

_KB24_
07-06-2010, 09:59 PM
Love the Quote from Jay-Z.

*throws up the Roc* :cool:

Raidaz4Life
07-06-2010, 11:13 PM
The trade wouldn't have worked anyways, sign and trades are extremely complicated and there is no way they could have done Beasley and Oneal for Haywood. It would have been impossible.

Reyes6
07-06-2010, 11:14 PM
Beasley is Josh Howard 2.0

Kakaroach
07-06-2010, 11:20 PM
They should just re-sign Haywood who is an excellent center. Won't do much better than him.

Young2Kinsler
07-06-2010, 11:33 PM
I still think any deal is a long way from happening, but it is interesting for both teams.

THE MTL
07-06-2010, 11:38 PM
I'm convinced the Mavs could do whatever they want and STILL underachieve. That team just chokes.

Kidd/Barea
Butler/Terry
Marion
Dirk
Haywood/Dampier

A lineup like that CANT get out the first round is SAD!!!!!! Beasley doesnt even fit.

robdizzle3
07-06-2010, 11:43 PM
Man. beasely is gonna make people pay. I know people are low on him now, but this guy has all the talent in the world and if he gets traded, Miami will grow to be upset, unless they win a ship.

Impulse
07-06-2010, 11:56 PM
Man. beasely is gonna make people pay. I know people are low on him now, but this guy has all the talent in the world and if he gets traded, Miami will grow to be upset, unless they win a ship.

Not really. We know he's going to be good, but as long as Spoelstra's the coach and Beasley gets benched immediately upon making a mistake, he won't reach his potential at Miami.

I like this trade for both sides.

Raoul Duke_91
07-07-2010, 12:15 AM
Hes 21. You're looking at a guy who can play the 3 or 4 and has a high upside. Instead he'd make their bench arguably the best in the NBA.

beasley is a tweener. Sure he can play the 3 or 4 but as of now he doesnt do either well. I think beasleys best shot is at 4. I see no hope for him at the 3, he is too slow IMO to drive against 3's in the nba.

I honestly think beasley sucks. Im not trying to be a dick to heat fans, or whichever fans get him. I just think the guys a bust.

UnWantedTheory
07-07-2010, 01:13 AM
LoL. Go for it Mavs.

UnWantedTheory
07-07-2010, 01:14 AM
Bease is going to be good. Not great, good. But I dont think he is ever going to be a game changer.

jlee3936
07-07-2010, 03:50 AM
At first I :laugh2:

Then I :facepalm:

HAHAHAHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH HAHAAAAAAAAA. That made my day.

you know when we say that we would have to get d-wade in order to trade roddy b, we dont mean straight up. if you honestly just assumed that then you need to facepalm yourself. obviously, the mavs would have to throw in other pieces such as haywood etc. but my guess is you thought he meant a straight up wade for roddy b trade, so..... :facepalm:

Russell_Roberts
07-07-2010, 07:20 AM
dont trade beaubois!!!

Russell_Roberts
07-07-2010, 07:27 AM
Beasley is Josh Howard 2.0
Bang your head againist the wall and dont ever post nothing stupid again