PDA

View Full Version : So if Shaq DOES go to Boston...

davids22
07-06-2010, 05:42 PM
What's going to be the average age of their roster? Seriously, their team is filled with dinosaurs already. Allen, Pierce, Garnett, SHAQ, Finley

How much older could that team get? (Not that it's a bad thing... I thought Miami would sweep Boston in the playoffs due to Celtics only playing .500 ball in the 2nd half of the season... proved me wrong alright) I doubt all those players have enough gas to make ANOTHER finals run. The celtics should rebuild.

roughgarden
07-06-2010, 06:01 PM
pretty sure only kg and pierce are under contract..... with shaq that would only be 3

RadiantShot
07-06-2010, 06:12 PM
:laugh: at dinosaurs.

Allstar21
07-06-2010, 06:13 PM
it would be a joke
celtics are killing themselves by signing pierce and giving him so much money

he has lost everything but his 3pt shot

Super.
07-06-2010, 06:14 PM
:laugh: at dinosaurs.

The same Dinosaurs who whooped your ***** in the playoffs

numba1CHANGsta
07-06-2010, 06:16 PM
The Celtics are gonna sign Larry Bird and Bill Russell as backups ;)

Jack Daniels
07-06-2010, 06:20 PM
Those "dinosaurs" as you call em took my team to a crazy 7th game in the finals. And i would definatley bet that you really don't want to run into them in the playoffs as a east team... I hate the Celtics as a Lakers fan, but c'mon man you def need to have more respect and fear in the east of that squad.

magichatnumber9
07-06-2010, 06:29 PM
Those "dinosaurs" as you call em took my team to a crazy 7th game in the finals. And i would definatley bet that you really don't want to run into them in the playoffs as a east team... I hate the Celtics as a Lakers fan, but c'mon man you def need to have more respect and fear in the east of that squad.
These are the same fans that watch 12 games during the season and then show up during the playoffs.

NickyNick
07-06-2010, 06:30 PM
this is what everyone said last year too. proved EVERYONE wrong

Jack Daniels
07-06-2010, 06:32 PM
These are the same fans that watch 12 games during the season and then show up during the playoffs.

I assume you are talking about the thread poster on this one....

Sly Guy
07-06-2010, 06:34 PM
I'm not sayin I don't respect what they've managed to do, but father time catches up to everyone eventually, and the way the c's are running their team, soon they'll be the retirement home of the nba

Hurricane H
07-06-2010, 06:35 PM
What's going to be the average age of their roster? Seriously, their team is filled with dinosaurs already. Allen, Pierce, Garnett, SHAQ, Finley

How much older could that team get? (Not that it's a bad thing... I thought Miami would sweep Boston in the playoffs due to Celtics only playing .500 ball in the 2nd half of the season... proved me wrong alright) I doubt all those players have enough gas to make ANOTHER finals run. The celtics should rebuild.

If everyone comes back then they will be a contender again. Imagine if Shaq was in there Game 7. The result would have been different.

CowboysKB24
07-06-2010, 06:36 PM

I don't know why they would want Shaq, but it just makes me not like them even more. Shaq is just going from team to team to get another title. He should just retire.

thescore53
07-06-2010, 06:40 PM
it would be a joke

R_O_W_E
07-06-2010, 06:45 PM
You know what I also think it would be a joke

thescore53
07-06-2010, 06:51 PM
i know right

tennisoscar1
07-06-2010, 06:54 PM
You know what I also think it would be a joke

thescore53
07-06-2010, 07:03 PM
i know right

The Raven
07-07-2010, 06:35 AM
those will be some old *** ****s.

Russell_Roberts
07-07-2010, 07:30 AM
I miss the old michael finley that just acted a fool every game!!! Cmon finley we need you back!!

JasonJohnHorn
07-07-2010, 09:35 AM
I cant believe all the doubters! Shaq and Perkins sharing the lane, Wallace possibly returning from his yet-unofficial retirement a la PJ Brown to back up Garnett, Pierce and Allen on the wing with one of the league's best point guards dishing out the ball. And potentially Nate Robinson, Marquis Daniels, Tony Allen and Finely those three.

Anybody says that rosters couldnt win it all, regardless of age has just not watched these guys play.

The average age of the Bulls 98 title and the average age of Bill Russell's final title were both over 35 if memory serves me right. Veterans can pull it off. They may not run out of the gate, but they know how to pace themselves, and they know how to win.

Thisisouryear!!
07-07-2010, 09:41 AM
if boston were smart they would have signed pierce and allen to 2 year deals and overpaied each season for themm....that way in two years pierce allen and KG would be off the books and they could start over...

BOSTON617
07-07-2010, 10:00 AM
so many doubters here haha!!!!!! what happened this year fellas o ya we were one game away if we got shaq i think we will have a way better chance of taking it whos going to stop us the mia heat they still need another piece or orl ya we got the two best post defenders i dont know what you ppl smoke but pass it!