PDA

View Full Version : Lebron leaning towards Knicks? - hoopsworld.com

giants9689
07-06-2010, 05:37 PM
http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=16714

Whenever there is a vacuum of information, rumors begin to surface. When it was reported that LeBron James would be waiting until the conclusion of his Akron basketball camp on Wednesday to make his decision, it gave the basketball world several days to churn out different scenarios and rumors and nobody seemed to be on the same page.

But in the last twenty-four hours, there have been lot of rumblings indicating that James could be leaning towards New York and reviving the Knicks with Amar'e Stoudemire.

Several sources indicated that James' advisors Maverick Carter and Randy Mims could be travelling to New York on Wednesday and sources have hinted that James will be joining them for the trip. Sources also said that Carter and Mims have been picking the Knicks' brains for details and information on their salary cap and free agent plans over the past few days.

There have also been rumblings that the Knicks could be planning a large press conference for later this week. While the team should be officially announcing Stoudemire's five-year, $97 million contract signing, likely on Thursday, the scale of the event and extensive planning going into the press conferences indicates that something bigger may be happening in the Big Apple.

After being written off by the mainstream media throughout the free agency process, it appears that New York is still very alive in the LeBron sweepstakes. Many believe that the second meeting with New York and the addition of Amar'e Stoudemire to the Knicks' roster improved their pitch to the point that James could be leaning towards New York.

One source pointed out that Donnie Walsh is not a massive risk taker and that signing Stoudemire all by himself seemed out of character. The idea that James and Stoudemire are coming as a package deal makes more sense and lines up more with Walsh's approach.

Sources add that New York has also been linked to Raymond Felton but it's clear that James is the priority.

Read more NBA news and insight: http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=16714#ixzz0swe50qTB

still think the knicks have as good a shot as anyone to land him..

footballer2369
07-06-2010, 05:38 PM
no.

Holydiver
meh

Jonathan2323
hmmmmmm

29$JerZ
07-06-2010, 05:39 PM
You shouldn't have posted this in the NBA forum.
Even if LeBron says he is going to be a Knicks everyone will say he is playing with them and will just sign elsewhere.

SA5195
07-06-2010, 05:39 PM
Everyone's leaning these days.

ManRam
07-06-2010, 05:40 PM
I really hope so...

But another day, another rumor. I'll believe it when the ink hits the paper.

giants9689
this just needs to be over it seems like every hour someone else is in the lead for lebron

beasted86
Okay, so....

PG: Douglas?
SG: Chandler
SF: James
PF: Gallinari?
C:: Stoudemire?

I honestly don't care whether LeBron goes to the Knicks... but that is one weak lineup. You have like 3 players playing out of position.

29$JerZ
07-06-2010, 05:41 PM
Okay, so....

SG: James?
SF: Chandler

I honestly don't care whether LeBron goes to the Knicks... but that is one weak lineup. You have like 3 players playing out of position.

How so?

How do you stop a LeBron/Amar'e pick and roll with Douglass and Gallinari on the perimeter?

gbpackers12
07-06-2010, 05:41 PM
:sigh: Another rumor..

giants9689
07-06-2010, 05:42 PM
Okay, so....

knicks stilll have currys expiring along with someone like chandler to trade for another good piece.

yankees_fan_crz
07-06-2010, 05:42 PM
Did Bosh say no to Cleveland? I missed that tweet!

oak2455
07-06-2010, 05:44 PM
Okay, so....

THATS WEAK AND YOUR LINEUP IS:confused:

The Dream
07-06-2010, 05:45 PM
Okay, so....

That's a weak lineup? :facepalm:

first off, that wouldnt even be the lineup and second off, that lineup would win 50 games easily

giants9689
07-06-2010, 05:46 PM
with james and amare they easily become one of the top 2 teams (magic) if not the top team in the east

beasted86
07-06-2010, 05:47 PM
knicks stilll have currys expiring along with someone like chandler to trade for another good piece.

I don't mean to burst your bubble... but nobody is taking back Curry unless they are dumping off a really really ugly contract in return. I'm talking Elton Brand bad... and maybe not even. I don't even think you could pull off Okafor or anyone else.

Eddy Curry is bankrupt... so that rules out a buyout for any team trading for him. He has a heart condition and is uninsurable... so that rules out an insurance savings once he misses 41 games. We also know he can't stay healthy for the life of him, so no purpose in trading for him other than a salary dump.

If NY gets LeBron so be it, but you aren't getting any value for Curry. He actually makes negative value for a guy like Chandler who is a decent player.

VinceCarter
07-06-2010, 05:48 PM
Wouldn't Gallo be more fit for the 2 than the 4 if he were to be playing out of position?

LA_Raiders
lol, ok

Briggurlacher
I don't think they would be favored in the East.. Lee for Amare is basically an even swap.

So you believe that basically adding Lebron to the team from last season makes them a 50+ win team? Possibly, but I can't feel confident saying that.

jetsfan89
07-06-2010, 05:51 PM
I don't think they would be favored in the East.. Lee for Amare is basically an even swap.

So you believe that basically adding Lebron to the team from last season makes them a 50+ win team? Possibly, but I can't feel confident saying that.

no

shizzle09
07-06-2010, 05:52 PM
thats weak and your lineup is:confused:

tbd

VinceCarter
with james and amare they easily become one of the top 2 teams (magic) if not the top team in the east

:laugh: Dwight vs Amare. That would be it. Series over.

The Knicks need a legit center before they can be Eastern Conference champs. They need a legit PG or C to compete. They're both very important and not to have either is a problem.

giants9689

while lees a good player i definitely feel a healthy amare is much better than lee, also another year of development for their young players (douglas, galinari, chandler) and not to mention they may get some MLE players looking for a championship like ray allen

29$JerZ
07-06-2010, 05:53 PM
I'm actually excited for once

Amar'e is a Knick, Duhon is long gone, and LeBron potentially in a Knick uniform is a great day :D

Weezy
07-06-2010, 05:55 PM
Lebron would just be another piece to the puzzle. Of course a very big piece but you know it wouldnt be the final roster after that...

Flexibility is very important for any team.

Briggurlacher
07-06-2010, 05:55 PM
no

Okay.. Well Im looking at the fact that Lee averaged 20 points and 11 boards last season while shooting 54%.

Stoudemire Averaged 20 points and 6 rebounds while shooting 54% from the field.

NEITHER plays defense at all, so that really isn't a factor.

Tell me again how Amare is so much better of a player?

VinceCarter
07-06-2010, 05:56 PM
Okay.. Well Im looking at the fact that Lee averaged 20 points and 11 boards last season while shooting 54%.

x2 Amare actually had Nash there too. This is a valid argument considering the Knicks don't have a PG.

Nate David+ Co.
07-06-2010, 05:58 PM

I really hope you realize that no one on the cavs besides lebron was that good. take the lebron off the cavs and they go to the lottery. just like they did before they got him...and when was Amar'e not an All-Star?!?!:facepalm:
Amar'e is much better then Lee don't kid yourself. Amar'e single handedly dropped 50 on the lakers....Amar'e has swag.
Gallinari is a good young talent. If Lebron can make JJ Hickson look good, im sure gallo will look fine. I need whatever your smoking man, thats that good purple haze right? that cali kush?

Lo Porto
07-06-2010, 06:00 PM
Okay, so....

They're still weak as of today, but LeBron wants to win multiple championships. What free agent is going to say no to joining LBJ, Amare, and Gallinari in New York City? The Knicks would still have money to play with after adding these two because they didn't have to use the 6 year full max to get either guy. They wouldn't be done this year and still have Eddy Curry's expiring.

LeBron to NY would be the most exciting move of all. Do people really want to see him join Wade's party in Miami, try to recreate Jordan in Chicago, continue to struggle in sad Cleveland or try to make NJ relevant?

Giaps
07-06-2010, 06:00 PM
Yea that wouldn't be the lineup seeing as how I would expect whichever team that picks up Lebron to pick up some solid vet minimum guys.

I'm happy to see this but I'm holding off because so many reports are wrong these days.

Da Knicks
07-06-2010, 06:01 PM
Loving the knick hate! lol love it!:smoking:

fredv
07-06-2010, 06:01 PM
Lebron will sign a new contract with the Cavs, it will be a 3-year deal. Mark my words.

Expect the Cavs to make some other deals as well to please the King. They will have a 3-year window to get it done, after that, he's off to NJ/Brooklyn.

newbs001
07-06-2010, 06:02 PM
Did Bosh say no to Cleveland? I missed that tweet!

WojYahooNBA

1. Cavs understand there are still looming threats to pry LeBron, but getting Bosh isn't make or break on keeping LBJ. 3 minutes ago via web
2. Bosh has long made it clear that he doesn't want to play in Cleveland, and LeBron knew it was a longshot to sell him on it. 10 minutes ago via web
3. Cavs officials are confident of two things now, multiple sources say: Chris Bosh won't play for them next season, but LeBron James will.

http://twitter.com/wojyahoonba

97NYer
07-06-2010, 06:02 PM

:facepalm:

97NYer
07-06-2010, 06:03 PM
Amare went for 23 and 9 in the regular season.

Gideon
07-06-2010, 06:03 PM
I don't mean to burst your bubble... but nobody is taking back Curry unless they are dumping off a really really ugly contract in return. I'm talking Elton Brand bad... and maybe not even. I don't even think you could pull off Okafor or anyone else.

Eddy Curry is bankrupt... so that rules out a buyout for any team trading for him. He has a heart condition and is uninsurable... so that rules out an insurance savings once he misses 41 games. We also know he can't stay healthy for the life of him, so no purpose in trading for him other than a salary dump.

If NY gets LeBron so be it, but you aren't getting any value for Curry. He actually makes negative value for a guy like Chandler who is a decent player.

No team is going to be trading for Curry they will be trading for the value of that large expiring contract which is extremely valuable to teams. Plus, since this is Curry's contract year it is very possible he beasts this year. He is in the best shape of his life down to 275lbs. Also, to guy who said STAT averaged 20pts 6reb try more like 23pts 9reb last year get your facts straight.

PrettyBoyJ
07-06-2010, 06:04 PM
Okay, so....

If LEbron made a lineup of Mo williams, Delonte west, Anderson V., And Big Z, And Shaq win back to back 60+ season.. this would be an upgrade from that.. W/E team LBJ is on they gonna win 50+ games

Briggurlacher
07-06-2010, 06:04 PM
I really hope you realize that no one on the cavs besides lebron was that good. take the lebron off the cavs and they go to the lottery. just like they did before they got him...and when was Amar'e not an All-Star?!?!:facepalm:
Amar'e is much better then Lee don't kid yourself. Amar'e single handedly dropped 50 on the lakers....Amar'e has swag.
Gallinari is a good young talent. If Lebron can make JJ Hickson look good, im sure gallo will look fine. I need whatever your smoking man, thats that good purple haze right? that cali kush?

That's great.. But if you think Lebron will fix ALL of the knicks problems, you need to take off your blue and orange colored glasses. Who's going to play defense on that team? Duhon was probably your best on-ball defender and he is now gone. DO you think Amare is just gonna start playing defense after an entire career of looking disinterested on the defensive side?

Will Lebron make the Knicks better if he goes to NY? ABSOLUTELY. But is that team a championship contender off the bat? NO.

northsider
07-06-2010, 06:05 PM
This just in!!!!!! The wind is blowing the opposite way and Lebron is now leaning towards the Heat. Stay tuned for more smoke up the *** of all fans.

Derick713
07-06-2010, 06:06 PM
LeBron may think that Melo will be joining him next season

Toney Douglas/
LeBron James/
Carmelo Anthony/
Danilo Gallanari/
Amare Stoduemire/

Briggurlacher
07-06-2010, 06:06 PM
Amare went for 23 and 9 in the regular season.

You're right man- my mistake.. I was looking at his playoff stats.

I like the signing, I just don't think it's a massive upgrade over what you already had.

Lo Porto
07-06-2010, 06:07 PM
I'm a Jazz fan, and I hope this happens. It's the best thing for the league. NY has been awful for too long.

And the great thing about this deal is that it doesn't create a super team. NY wouldn't be unbeatable. It's not like when LA was gifted Gasol who was their missing piece. NY would have to earn their rise back.

NOTE: that wasn't a shot at the Lakers. I was just saying that NY paid the price for this moment by trading so much away and getting all those expirings for the summer of LeBron.

_Supreme_
Every passing hour someone is leaning somewhere else all of a sudden :laugh2:

The Jokemaker
Another source, another rumor. It will be interesting to see if this meeting of Lebron's posse and the Knicks happens on Wednesday because thats a pretty telling sign. Then again, it could just be a "Thanks for your interest" meeting. Or they could be swapping recipes. Who knows anymore.

I still believe Lebron is thinking over two options, Knicks and Cavs.

Amazing how not even a week ago the Knicks were all but gone from the Lebron chase...

Allstar21
07-06-2010, 06:09 PM
do it lebron
do it!

thescore53
07-06-2010, 06:10 PM
I really hope so...

But another day, another rumor. I'll believe it when the ink hits the paper.

Slimsim
07-06-2010, 06:11 PM
This is good knicks were the under Dogs we weren't the favorite like Chi town so news like this give us hope. and Curry expiring give us Flexibility for next year.

PapelbonLester
It really isnt that hard to put together a Line-up, Id go with

PG....Raymond Felton There gonna need a above avg PG for Lebron to go there
SG- TMac
SF- Lebron
PF- Harrington
C- Amare...deffently a center in the east

6th man-Wilson Chandler
7th- Gallinari
8th-Toney Douglas
9th Bill Walker

Sign a backup bigman

Super.
How so?

How do you stop a LeBron/Amar'e pick and roll with Douglass and Gallinari on the perimeter?

With good team defense?

LA_Raiders
07-06-2010, 06:13 PM

lol. ok...

Bos can still beat them and may be Miami and Chicago depending on the FA they sign ... Dream on NY...

The Jokemaker
07-06-2010, 06:14 PM

SG- TMac
SF- Lebron
PF- Harrington

6th man-Wilson Chandler
7th- Gallinari
8th-Toney Douglas
9th Bill Walker

Sign a backup bigman

Not sure Harrington would be a good fit with Lebron, Amare, and Tmac. They'd need more of a defensive center like Haywood. Maybe swing Curry for Dalembert.

Allstar21

SG- TMac
SF- Lebron
PF- Harrington

6th man-Wilson Chandler
7th- Gallinari
8th-Toney Douglas
9th Bill Walker

Sign a backup bigman

ewww
i hope they don't sign tmac or harrignton
they need a center so amare can ball out at PF

ldc62
How so?

I'm confused why everyone thinks the Lebron Amare pick n roll is unstoppable. I would just force Lebron to take the 3....

The Jokemaker
07-06-2010, 06:15 PM
With good team defense?

A good pick and roll is hard to stop. Ask the Spurs.

thescore53
07-06-2010, 06:16 PM

SG- TMac
SF- Lebron
PF- Harrington

6th man-Wilson Chandler
7th- Gallinari
8th-Toney Douglas
9th Bill Walker

Sign a backup bigman

harrington is a fa, i dont think they want anything to do with him anymore
linup would look better like this

felton
r butler
lebron
gallo
amare

ny212
07-06-2010, 06:18 PM
everyone is talking about leaning but are they leaning back or shoulder lean

The Jokemaker
07-06-2010, 06:19 PM

felton
r butler
lebron
gallo
amare

I'd take Miller over Butler. Miller's game and Dantoni's system are a match made in heaven.

Giaps
07-06-2010, 06:20 PM

That's the thing people fail to realize is that these great players DON'T need an above average PG. It's the lone position that isn't needed because they have the ball in their hands so much... take a look:

Kobe & Fisher
Pierce/KG/Allen in 08 & unproven Rondo
Wade & an old Gary Payton
MJ & Harper/Armstrong/Paxson
Duncan & Avery Johnson (later a young Tony Parker)
Hakeem & Kenny Smith

The last dominant PG to win a title as the best player on the team was Isiah Thomas in 1990.

AddiX
I'm beyond tired of the rumors, almost none of it has a real source behind it.

BUT Heat and Bulls fans are getting real quiet lately. I said in the beginning that people were crazy to think the Knicks were in the worst position to get studs in the lineup.

We been preparing for this for two years. We got the GM, the coach, the role players, plans for new renovations, now were just adding the stars.

Bron by no means = a championship, but it is as good a step in the right direction as we can take.

KnickFanSince91
Forget these LeBron rumors for a second...I can't get over the fact that people are spreading this nasty rumor that Duhon is a good on the ball defender. :facepalm:

Slimsim
07-06-2010, 06:21 PM
I'm confused why everyone thinks the Lebron Amare pick n roll is unstoppable. I would just force Lebron to take the 3....

that would work in cleveland but Knicks have good shooters.

VinceCarter

SG- TMac
SF- Lebron
PF- Harrington

6th man-Wilson Chandler
7th- Gallinari
8th-Toney Douglas
9th Bill Walker

Sign a backup bigman

:confused: The 3 best centers in the NBA reside in the East: Dwight, Bogut and Lopez.

thescore53
i think d wade and nyk are made for each other.... anyone else feel some sort of connection between the two

Pinrod33
07-06-2010, 06:24 PM
I don't know about y'all, but this is pretty good news if you're a Heat fan. Not saying that I believe this because 3-4 days ago, I was sitting here thinking that Wade, Bosh and Bron would be skipping hand-in-hand to the heat meeting to let Pat know that we would begin the dynasty immediately, but if this has legs, I'm happy. If he were to sign there, you can pretty much forget about Bosh following him, and with the fact that it doesn't look like either Wade or Bosh is willing to accept less than the 6 year contract, it sets up very nice for Miami to bring Wade back and get Bosh to follow.

I was one who thought that New York would strike out this summer, but I have no hate for them, and I also think that STAT was a really good signing (if he can stay healthy), and was important to get out of the way so quickly. I think you guys have had a pretty crappy franchise over the last decade, and y'all over-estimate your role players as actual significant pieces to a starting line-up, but I have to agree that New York is the best market for Bron to be the king in.

So here's to N.Y. and MIA renewing one of the greatest and probably the most physical and intense rivalries in basketball history, with Lebron and Wade fighting for the Eastern Conf. crown on a yearly basis..... :cheers:

97NYer
07-06-2010, 06:25 PM

felton
r butler
lebron
gallo
amare

No way. First, I'm not sure how we would afford Felton. Felton is ok but I wouldn't pay more than MLE for him. I don't think we have the MLE. Second, Butler? Way too throw Chandler, Walker and Douglas out of the equation. Chandler is a much better player than Butler, and I would even rather have Douglas at the 2. Third, LeBron would be at the 2, Gallo at the 3, Amar'e at the 4, and a center. (Jordan/Barron)

Douglas/Rautins*
LeBron/Walker
Gallo/Chandler
Amare
Jerome Jordan*/Earl Barron (Vet Min)

Jonathan2323
LeBron is leaning towards staying home.

DODGERS&LAKERS
Im confused. How much are the Knicks under the cap after signing Amare? I thought they only had 31 million to spend. They used 20 on Amare, so where are they going to get the extra cash to sigh another max player and fill the rest of the roster?

beasted86
07-06-2010, 06:27 PM
They're still weak as of today, but LeBron wants to win multiple championships. What free agent is going to say no to joining LBJ, Amare, and Gallinari in New York City? The Knicks would still have money to play with after adding these two because they didn't have to use the 6 year full max to get either guy. They wouldn't be done this year and still have Eddy Curry's expiring.

LeBron to NY would be the most exciting move of all. Do people really want to see him join Wade's party in Miami, try to recreate Jordan in Chicago, continue to struggle in sad Cleveland or try to make NJ relevant?

Yeah, like I said, I don't really mind or care at this point because it's pretty clear he's not coming to the Heat... and oddly him going to the Knicks doesn't threaten any chance for Wade to dominate in Miami with some decent pieces.

My point was they definitely have to be thinking "future", because that roster is weak. But nobody is giving up anything for Eddy Curry, and the team drastically lacks defense. If people thought Bosh & Bargnani were the softest front court in the NBA, they got another thing coming watching that Knicks front line. They would be Charmin tissue soft.

I as a Heat fan never liked the idea of Bosh playing Center even if we had a guy like Boozer next to him. But maybe LeBron can turn Earl Barron into the next JJ Hickson, but better. But whatever happens, the Knicks cannot start Amare & Gallo at PF & C.

Melo15
07-06-2010, 06:28 PM
Forget these LeBron rumors for a second...I can't get over the fact that people are spreading this nasty rumor that Duhon is a good on the ball defender. :facepalm:

:laugh:

D2theJ
07-06-2010, 06:29 PM
If Lebron goes to a team that doesn't have a point guard or a center he's an idiot. I'm a Nets fan but if he really wants to win he should go to the Bulls, Nets or Cavs. If he decides to go to any of those teams he will be able to bring Bosh with him, and all of those teams with Lebron and Bosh would be better than anything the Knicks can offer.

LTBaByyy
07-06-2010, 06:31 PM
Yeah, like I said, I don't really mind or care at this point because it's pretty clear he's not coming to the Heat... and oddly him going to the Knicks doesn't threaten any chance for Wade to dominate in Miami with some decent pieces.

My point was they definitely have to be thinking "future", because that roster is weak. But nobody is giving up anything for Eddy Curry, and the team drastically lacks defense. If people thought Bosh & Bargnani were the softest front court in the NBA, they got another thing coming watching that Knicks front line. They would be Charmin tissue soft.

You mad? :)

cheetos185
07-06-2010, 06:32 PM
Not sure why ppl call amare bad rebounder he averaged

in 03-04 9rebs per game

in 06-07 9.6 rebs per game

in 07-08 9.1 rebs per game

playing next to shawn marion who averaged 11rebs per game

here is another fact

in 04-05 playoffs he averaged 10.7 rebs per game 2 bpg

in 06-07 playoffs he averaged 12.1 rebs per game 1.9 bpg

he is career 9.2 rebs per game in playoffs

While bosh on other hand avg 9 rebs per game in playoffs

bosh FG% in playoffs is .433 for a big man while amare is .523

:)

phila_gorilla
07-06-2010, 06:33 PM
Okay, so....

Leaves them without a legit center or PG. Can't compete without either of them. Esp a C against Dwight. Bron should just stay in Cle and let them go out and get Bosh. Or take a full year with Jamison. Either way he's better off in Cle.

VinceCarter
If Lebron goes to a team that doesn't have a point guard or a center he's an idiot. I'm a Nets fan but if he really wants to win he should go to the Bulls, Nets or Cavs. If he decides to go to any of those teams he will be able to bring Bosh with him, and all of those teams with Lebron and Bosh would be better than anything the Knicks can offer.

x2

Im confused. How much are the Knicks under the cap after signing Amare? I thought they only had 31 million to spend. They used 20 on Amare, so where are they going to get the extra cash to sigh another max player and fill the rest of the roster?

Amare isn't getting paid $20 million. He's getting his max which is around $16 million. After each season he gets something like an 8% raise making the contract worth $100 million over 5 years.

Lo Porto

I agree. It would be exciting because LeBron would still have work to do. The foundation would be set (LBJ, Amare, Gallinari, Douglas), but they'd need more obviously so the East would still be wide open. Curry's deal won't get anything of value until next summer, but next summer could mean Carmelo or a bunch of vets that want to join the NY party.

The East would finally be awesome again if you had LBJ/Amare in NY, Wade/Bosh in Miami, Rose/Noah/others in Chicago and Nelson/Boozer/Howard in Orlando. Add in that Atlanta and the Bucks have stayed solid as well.

championships
07-06-2010, 06:34 PM

first off, that wouldnt even be the lineup and second off, that lineup would win 50 games easily

Then get ousted in the first round..

beasted86

SG- TMac
SF- Lebron
PF- Harrington

6th man-Wilson Chandler
7th- Gallinari
8th-Toney Douglas
9th Bill Walker

Sign a backup bigman

The NBA doesn't have a salary cap this season...?
I could have sworn that was the NFL

D Roses Bulls
ugh....

hestar
07-06-2010, 06:35 PM
Won't happen.

LTBaByyy
07-06-2010, 06:36 PM
Its kinda funny how Heat fans always get mad and start clowning the Knicks

They have 2 players under contract, I think their a lil jealous....

NY all of a sudden is doing some big things!!

bmortonhoops11
07-06-2010, 06:36 PM
LeBron James is not going to the Knicks for several reasons:

1) Besides Amare... an injury prone all-star.... they dont have nearly as much to completement him as they do in CLE.

2) Lebron doesnt want to leave his home team and if he does he is much more likely to join the Nets (because of Jay-Z and amoungst other reasons) or Chicago, which I dont see happening either mainly because of Jordan.

3) lebron has the biggest ego in the NBA and the game to back it up and believes that no matter where he goes he will win championships, thus why would he leave the CAVS???

thescore53
07-06-2010, 06:37 PM
Not sure why ppl call amare bad rebounder he averaged

in 03-04 9rebs per game

in 06-07 9.6 rebs per game

in 07-08 9.1 rebs per game

playing next to shawn marion who averaged 11rebs per game

here is another fact

in 04-05 playoffs he averaged 10.7 rebs per game 2 bpg

in 06-07 playoffs he averaged 12.1 rebs per game 1.9 bpg

he is career 9.2 rebs per game in playoffs

While bosh on other hand avg 9 rebs per game in playoffs

bosh FG% in playoffs is .433 for a big man while amare is .523

:)

steve nash >>> any play maker the raptors have ever had

CowboysKB24
If he doesn't get Bosh to come to Cleveland, I don't think he stays there. Wade isn't staying in Miami unless he gets another star with him.

I can see Bosh and Wade going to Chicago and LBJ joining Amar'e in NYC. I'd like to see that happen.

Kyben36
Im done with this, untill its done, Anything can happen.

championships
07-06-2010, 06:38 PM
x2 Amare actually had Nash there too. This is a valid argument considering the Knicks don't have a PG.

Plus bad knees

Giaps
07-06-2010, 06:39 PM
Knicks and their fans are playing the role of underdog right now.

VinceCarter
07-06-2010, 06:40 PM
Its kinda funny how Heat fans always get mad and start clowning the Knicks

They have 2 players under contract, I think their a lil jealous....

NY all of a sudden is doing some big thing!!

Knicks have signed Amare. That is one thing. You're getting ahead of yourself.

Giaps
07-06-2010, 06:41 PM
Amare only averages 20 mil a year. He's on board for around $17 mill next year with pay increases every year after that (which is normal).

They still have another $17 mil to spend.

They had $35 mil total so not sure the exact mount of the contracts or what they're left with.

sintaks12
07-06-2010, 06:42 PM
Amare's latest tweet is a passage from the King James bible.

Words Of Wisdom. In everything give thanks; for this is the will of GOD in CHRIST JESUS for you. 1 Thessalonians 5:23 NY,NY

http://twitter.com/amareisreal

Insert rampant speculation <here.> It's getting a little ridiculous now.

Madness23

hahahhahahahah:D

championships
LeBron James is not going to the Knicks for several reasons:

1) Besides Amare... an injury prone all-star.... they dont have nearly as much to completement him as they do in CLE.

2) Lebron doesnt want to leave his home team and if he does he is much more likely to join the Nets (because of Jay-Z and amoungst other reasons) or Chicago, which I dont see happening either mainly because of Jordan.

3) lebron has the biggest ego in the NBA and the game to back it up and believes that no matter where he goes he will win championships, thus why would he leave the CAVS???

IDK, ask him.. if so confident in himself and the Cavs, then why shop around, Why not flat out say "I'm cav. and I want to retire that way"

DODGERS&LAKERS
x2

[QUOTE]Amare isn't getting paid $20 million. He's getting his max which is around $16 million. After each season he gets something like an 8% raise making the contract worth $100 million over 5 years.

Oh I see. Thanks. So the Knicks still have roughly 15 million to offer to Lebron.

Slimsim
Knicks have signed Amare. That is one thing. You're getting ahead of yourself.

What have the Nets done So far ? Even your mafia Owner didn't think LBJ was going to NJ.

KnickFanSince91
07-06-2010, 06:43 PM

the deal works out to $20 mil per year after all the raises but the starting salary is around $16 mil for the first year...lebron would make roughly the same in the first year (maybe a mil or so more). As of now, the Knicks have $18.5 mill on the books. If the cap is at $55 mil, the Knicks would have $37.5 mil to spend. If the cap is at $51 mil, the number goes to $32.5 mil. Either way, they have enough money to sign to max deals straight up.

Sly Guy
07-06-2010, 06:44 PM

they should stand up straight. Better for their posture.

beasted86
07-06-2010, 06:46 PM
I agree. It would be exciting because LeBron would still have work to do. The foundation would be set (LBJ, Amare, Gallinari, Douglas), but they'd need more obviously so the East would still be wide open. Curry's deal won't get anything of value until next summer, but next summer could mean Carmelo or a bunch of vets that want to join the NY party.

The East would finally be awesome again if you had LBJ/Amare in NY, Wade/Bosh in Miami, Rose/Noah/others in Chicago and Nelson/Boozer/Howard in Orlando. Add in that Atlanta and the Bucks have stayed solid as well.

Yeah, LBJ & Amare would definitely make the Knicks a winning team and playoff lock... just it's not a real title threat team, and I think you get what I'm saying.

beasted86
07-06-2010, 06:47 PM
[QUOTE=VinceCarter;13972028]x2

Oh I see. Thanks. So the Knicks still have roughly 15 million to offer to Lebron.

No.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=5357536

He explains it pretty well.

Melo15
Anythings possible I guess. If this happens in my opinion LeBron is a quitter though. He has it made in Cleveland all his friends and family are right outside the city and the city has fallen in love with him. Ever since his high school days the area has treated him like he really is a king and when the Cavs got the number 1 pick it got even better for him. No fan base will ever love him like the Cavs will because thats home to him. He promised this city a championship and if he leaves before accomplishing that he is a quitter.

However that being said, if New York lands him that is a great job by their front office. To have the ability to stay under the radar this whole time and come away with LeBron and Amare Stoudemire is just pure genius. With those two and Gallo that team has a bright future and in a year or two they could seriously start to compete. To be honest as a Nuggets fan this would worry me to see LeBron to the Knicks because that could mean that Carmelo seriously might leave us for New York. I still think Carmelo is staying in Denver but for LeBron to leave for New York they must have more than just Amare Stoudemire on their side, in my opinion.

sintaks12
Yeah, LBJ & Amare would definitely make the Knicks a winning team and playoff lock... just it's not a real title threat team, and I think you get what I'm saying.

Which I'm sure is just fine with EVERY NYK fan alive. The beauty is that they have 11.2M to spend the following year. What other team can offer that?

VinceCarter
07-06-2010, 06:49 PM
What have the Nets done So far ? Even your mafia Owner didn't think LBJ was going to NJ.

We have plans in motion but when you're in the running for LeBron you don't **** those chances up by signing players. Once LeBron makes his decision, if it's not the Nets, look for them to sign players like Tyrus Thomas, Raymond Felton, Randy Foye, or maybe even Richard Jefferson. They are planning to be players for the 2011 market.

They know what they're doing.

ABOMB_56
07-06-2010, 06:49 PM
Cavs officials are confident of two things now, multiple sources say: Chris Bosh won't play for them next season, but LeBron James will.
-
http://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA
Well it seems like there are conflicting reports

championships
07-06-2010, 06:50 PM
sportcenter just said amares max is 17.7m lebron max is 16.6 m after those two, knicks would have 1.3m left in cap space

DODGERS&LAKERS
07-06-2010, 06:53 PM
[QUOTE=beasted86;13972274

No.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=5357536

He explains it pretty well.[/QUOTE]

Oh nice. Thanks

29$JerZ
07-06-2010, 06:53 PM

Title teams are rarely done in 1 summer like Boston did.
It's a great step in the right direction. That's why even if we miss out on him we got rid of every single bum players who plays no defense, ball hogs and thinks they are a star. NY actually has a new winning team too look forward too that has a defensive young core with a good direction.

nysportsfan02
07-06-2010, 06:57 PM
Amare's latest tweet is a passage from the King James bible.

http://twitter.com/amareisreal

Insert rampant speculation <here.> It's getting a little ridiculous now.

da *** is going on?

CowboysKB24
07-06-2010, 06:59 PM

akagiredsuns
07-06-2010, 07:04 PM

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: You can't be serious about saying that. You facepalmed the other guy about that lineup? I agree with him that lineup is still weak. The bold in the quote truly deserves a :facepalm:

J4KOP99
07-06-2010, 07:12 PM
Another source, another rumor. It will be interesting to see if this meeting of Lebron's posse and the Knicks happens on Wednesday because thats a pretty telling sign. Then again, it could just be a "Thanks for your interest" meeting. Or they could be swapping recipes. Who knows anymore.

I still believe Lebron is thinking over two options, Knicks and Cavs.

Amazing how not even a week ago the Knicks were all but gone from the Lebron chase...

I can tell you this. If LeBron and his team fly out to NY on Wednesdaym you have yourself a done deal. LeBron won't be giving out personal thank-you's once he finaly chooses a team. If he travels to NY, he's going to stay.

As for the rumor, who knows at this point. I won't write the Knicks off like everyone else seems to do but I truly have no clue where LeBron is going. He has kept his mouth quiet and hasn't given out any clues. Credit to him and hopefully he chooses within the next 2 days.

ABOMB_56
07-06-2010, 07:17 PM
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: You can't be serious about saying that. You facepalmed the other guy about that lineup? I agree with him that lineup is still weak. The bold in the quote truly deserves a :facepalm:

I hate the Knicks as much as the next guy, but to say that they won't win 50 games is absurd. With LeBron and Amare that team would be a top seed. I mean, they are in the (L)eastern Conference after all. Celtics got one year older, Magic are still good, Cavs would of lost the only reason they are good. I mean the Heat and Bulls may improve depending on the FA's that they sign, but to say any team with LeBron and Amare with a decent supporting cast wouldn't win 50 games is absurd

Beltrans Mole
07-06-2010, 07:31 PM
If the Knicks land Lebron and trade for Tony Parker, they will be set. I know those are big "ifs" but you can't deny that they are possibilities.

The Jokemaker
07-06-2010, 07:31 PM
I hate the Knicks as much as the next guy, but to say that they won't win 50 games is absurd. With LeBron and Amare that team would be a top seed. I mean, they are in the (L)eastern Conference after all. Celtics got one year older, Magic are still good, Cavs would of lost the only reason they are good. I mean the Heat and Bulls may improve depending on the FA's that they sign, but to say any team with LeBron and Amare with a decent supporting cast wouldn't win 50 games is absurd

Agreed. Lebron+Amare on Knicks would win at least 50 games. Look what Lebron has done the past few seasons with the talent on those rosters. It's not the best team in the world but to think they wouldn't win 50 games is ridiculous. Anywhere Lebron goes they will win.

Melo15
07-06-2010, 07:43 PM
I hate all these sources lol this source comes out saying LeBron is leaning towards the Knicks and another comes out saying LeBron is staying in Cleveland. I just can't wait for this all to get settled out.

CowboysKB24
07-06-2010, 07:59 PM
I hate all these sources lol this source comes out saying LeBron is leaning towards the Knicks and another comes out saying LeBron is staying in Cleveland. I just can't wait for this all to get settled out.

It is going to get settled because it has to get settled because it is going to settled.

colinskik
07-06-2010, 08:02 PM
It's mind boggling how many people here are catching feelings because the Knicks are on the road to success again. Especially that Nets fan whose mouth never stops running...

Anyone who actually thinks Amare and Lee are the same player does not know all that much about basketball. Numbers don't tell the whole story. And honestly, if they were of equal talent how come Lee isn't receiving max contract offers??? Trust, if the Knicks didn't offer Amare the Max another team would have. Lee will not get a Max. That's because Lee is not as good. Nobody who wants to be taken seriously can deny that fact.

Whether you like the Knicks, hate the Knicks or you're indifferent, Lebron and Amare are an automatic favorite no matter who else is around them. Who did Lebron have around him this year that compares to Amare?

bowdown27
07-06-2010, 08:02 PM
Basketball is so different from every sport. I am a huge knicks mariners and cowboys fan so I haven't been a champion in a long time.

But in the nba you can pick up a couple guys and instantly become a champion contender. look at the celtics a couple years ago. They trade for KG and sign Ray allen and that year there champions.

If the knicks can pick up lebron and sign some role players or even trade for parker this team could be the number one seed soon.

Fireworld
07-06-2010, 08:05 PM
I think it would be fun to see those two play in NY.

$KnicksAndKobe$
07-06-2010, 08:06 PM

The Bucks got Corey Maggette for Gadzuric (Sp?) ...

Curry as been working hard this summer and is reportedly at 271 pounds, 100% healthy. If he still doesn't work out then we have other options like Curry for Okafor or include Curry in a deal to PHX which would be Curry-Lee for Amare.

For now if Lebron comes, this would be the lineup with out Curry traded, vets min players, or Lee's cap hold advantage scenario's,

TD
Lebron/Walker/Rautins
Gallo/Chandler/Fields
Amare
Curry/Jordan

heattiltheend94
07-06-2010, 08:18 PM
I will believe this when he signs

NYYCowboys
07-06-2010, 08:20 PM
Don't look now but here come the Knicks! It's been a rough decade, but getting LeBron would make it all worth it, and it looks more and more likely everyday.

97NYer
07-06-2010, 08:22 PM
The Bucks got Corey Maggette for Gadzuric (Sp?) ...

Curry as been working hard this summer and is reportedly at 271 pounds, 100% healthy. If he still doesn't work out then we have other options like Curry for Okafor or include Curry in a deal to PHX which would be Curry-Lee for Amare.

For now if Lebron comes, this would be the lineup with out Curry traded, vets min players, or Lee's cap hold advantage scenario's,

TD
Lebron/Walker/Rautins
Gallo/Chandler/Fields
Amare
Curry/Jordan

Tough to trade for a guy you already have.

hockeyunhboy77
07-06-2010, 08:25 PM
I dont think thats a very good line up. He should have took that deal earlier 11.5 million and where they try to bring in joe johnson and chris bosh. That would have been the team.
With stoudemires health i doubt he goes 100 percent all year. I think they should bring in rip hamilton, and try to get boozer, to New york.

Felton-4 year 3.0 million
Hamilton- 3 year 6.0 million
James-Takes a big pay cut since hes gunna be a billionaire in NYC marketing 6 year 10 million
Boozer-5 year 13.5 million
stoudemire- 5 year 20 million

Unlikely all this would work out with the salary cap and lebron taking a huge discount. This would be an unstoppable team.

$KnicksAndKobe$
07-06-2010, 08:28 PM
Tough to trade for a guy you already have.

You can only sign players on July 8th.

If you'd like to know the scenario between a S&T that PHX is proposing then come to the Knicks forum, we have a thread there with the report/source.

Wait why am I telling you this, aren't you a Knicks fan ... :confused:

nystandup
07-06-2010, 08:38 PM
The way things are going during this free agency, tomorrow we'll hear a rumor about the Knicks having no shot at Lebron lol. I hope it's reported that Lebrons people are in NY tomorrow. If they aren't then this article was just another persons opinion.

PraiseJesus
07-06-2010, 08:38 PM
Since Bosh won't go to Cleveland, LeBron has decided to move on.

I don't blame him. Why would he continue to play in Cleveland if they can't get top players to move there?

I think its pretty clear that LeBron is goin to the Knicks, Miami, Chicago, or the Nets.

It really seems like the Knicks are frontrunners at this point.

thescore53
07-06-2010, 08:44 PM
Don't look now but here come the Knicks! It's been a rough decade, but getting LeBron would make it all worth it, and it looks more and more likely everyday.

The Dream
07-06-2010, 08:45 PM
:confused: The 3 best centers in the NBA reside in the East: Dwight, Bogut and Lopez.

:laugh:
Knick Hater/Net Homer!

knickfan33
07-06-2010, 08:46 PM
Okay, so....

weak.... three players 6'9" to 6"10 all with an outside shot, good ballhandle, and the ability to get to the rim... yeah thats a weak lineup(sarcasm).It's a missmatch nightmare for most teams. wilson chandler also is a good outside shooter and can get to the rim, tony douglas is a greaqt defensive player to match up against rondo,and nelson and the stronger eastern pointguards.
Thats a great line-up, way better then anything he ever had in cleveland, and Lebron fell just short with those guys.

That statement is truelly verbal diarreah.

knickfan33
07-06-2010, 08:53 PM
I dont think thats a very good line up. He should have took that deal earlier 11.5 million and where they try to bring in joe johnson and chris bosh. That would have been the team.
With stoudemires health i doubt he goes 100 percent all year. I think they should bring in rip hamilton, and try to get boozer, to New york.

Felton-4 year 3.0 million
Hamilton- 3 year 6.0 million
James-Takes a big pay cut since hes gunna be a billionaire in NYC marketing 6 year 10 million
Boozer-5 year 13.5 million
stoudemire- 5 year 20 million

Unlikely all this would work out with the salary cap and lebron taking a huge discount. This would be an unstoppable team.
would never happen, Gallo has a ton or potential, just needs 15 pounds, knicks will not abandon him in there plans...

however i am quoting you because hamilton would be the perfect player to match with this team, the need that catch and shoot player, which is why they drafted rautins.

thescore53
07-06-2010, 08:57 PM
would never happen, Gallo has a ton or potential, just needs 15 pounds, knicks will not abandon him in there plans...

however i am quoting you because hamilton would be the perfect player to match with this team, the need that catch and shoot player, which is why they drafted rautins.

bargs > gallo

knickfan33
07-06-2010, 09:04 PM
bargs > gallo

yeah Bargs with a year more experience, and inch taller and twenty five pounds heavier only averged two more points and two more rebounds a game then gallo,in his second year, who also avg. 3 less minutes per game then Bargs.....

Hes so much better. (more sarcasm)

oak2455
07-06-2010, 09:06 PM
New Blog Post: TKB Radio Tonight at 9 PM http://bit.ly/dnbibI

thescore53
07-06-2010, 09:07 PM
yeah Bargs with a year more experience, and inch taller and twenty five pounds heavier only averged two more points and two more rebounds a game then gallo,in his second year, who also avg. 3 less minutes per game then Bargs.....

you actually think galinari is better

ruslan898
07-06-2010, 09:18 PM
It's so obvious that Lebron is going to stay in Cleveland. He just loves all the attention that he's currently receiving. If you think about it, he's single-handedly holding the NBA hostage by hesitating to reveal his decision. Most of these teams are not even talking to other potential free agents because they want to wait for Lebron's decision.

Plus, Lebron understands that his legacy will be tormented if he decides to sign with a different team. He wants to be better than Jordan and Kobe. Well, Kobe and Jordan stayed with their teams and eventually won a lot of championships.

As for Wade, his style of play, and his current career status, he will also stay in Miami because there is no way in hell that he's willing to give up the 30 extra mill that the Heat are offering.

zae316
07-06-2010, 09:23 PM
Breaking news: Lebron just leaned over to pick up a piece of bacon. ESPN

x23cbru24x
07-06-2010, 09:24 PM
this will be best scenario....do a s&t for al jefferson with lee b4 lebron signs....lineup will be:
C- Al Jefferson
PF- Amare
SF-LeBron
SG- Danilo Galnari
PG- Douglas

thescore53
07-06-2010, 09:24 PM
actually no. have you heard anything that lebron has done since july 1st. no dumb tweets. no dumb interviews. he's keeping really low key unlike some attention seeking whores. it's not his fault everyone is on his nuts

heathonater
07-06-2010, 09:33 PM
i think there is a strong possibility of lebron staying in cleveland if he can get bosh to join him there.

The Jokemaker
07-06-2010, 09:34 PM
what is the timetable again for when we should expect Lebron's decision? is there one?

knickfan33
07-06-2010, 09:35 PM
this will be best scenario....do a s&t for al jefferson with lee b4 lebron signs....lineup will be:
C- Al Jefferson
PF- Amare
SF-LeBron
SG- Danilo Galnari
PG- Douglas

al jefferson will only be a bench player if the knicks trade for him, and gallo could never play the 2

VinceCarter
07-06-2010, 09:37 PM
al jefferson will only be a bench player if the knicks trade for him, and gallo could never play the 2

WTF? Jefferson a bench player? :confused::confused:

knickfan33
07-06-2010, 09:37 PM
i think there is a strong possibility of lebron staying in cleveland if he can get bosh to join him there.

bosh has to ok trade, and he won't.... wants to be in a major market, noone with options would ever sign in cleveland. who the hell wants to experience the cleveland night life.

knickfan33
07-06-2010, 09:38 PM
WTF? Jefferson a bench player? :confused::confused:

yep, he doesnt fit the Mike D system anyhow, i highly doubt the knicks will even make that trade.

VinceCarter
07-06-2010, 09:39 PM
bosh has to ok trade, and he won't.... wants to be in a major market, noone with options would ever sign in cleveland. who the hell wants to experience the cleveland night life.

Bosh's 3 preferred teams are the Bulls, Heat and Nets.

Miami isn't a big market so I don't think that statement can be made.

VinceCarter
07-06-2010, 09:41 PM
yep, he doesnt fit the Mike D system anyhow, i highly doubt the knicks will even make that trade.

Even if he doesn't fit the system you don't sit your top player. Jefferson is basically as good as Amare.

x23cbru24x
07-06-2010, 09:46 PM

al jefferson would be a asolid defensive player next to amare

knickfan33
07-06-2010, 10:06 PM

Its mike D system, you have to be able to shoot and run the floor... he can't do either. remember when shaq went to phoenix? just doen't work.

beasted86
07-06-2010, 10:07 PM

Al Jefferson? Defense? :pity:

How much games have you watched him?

Kashmir13579
07-06-2010, 10:13 PM
Okay, so....

umm... yea... looks real weak:facepalm:

THE MTL
07-06-2010, 10:14 PM
Lebron has been leaning so much...I bet he has done a 360 now. The media is HEAVILY playing its role. Lebron was going to Chi....then NJ after the meeting....and now back to the Cavs....and now Knicks! Tmmrrw it will be the Clippers.

Kashmir13579
07-06-2010, 10:16 PM
everyone please stop talking about al jefferson. irrelevant, he is not coming to the knicks it doesnt make sense. i could on the other hand see rubio for d-lee str8 up. i know that al jef isnt g0nna land in the big apple. not worried about it at all.

knickfan33
07-06-2010, 10:19 PM
Al jefferson is just an OK player on a crappy team so he seems better then he really is.

His first good season was in like 06-07 when the celtics were terrable, the two years before that they were descent and he sucked. since then he's done good on the terrable T-wolves.... as bad as a team is someone needs to get the ball....

HE STINKS

Kashmir13579
07-06-2010, 10:22 PM

agreed, bargs prolly takes way more shots. look it up if ya want

BGeer091
07-06-2010, 10:32 PM
WOW gotta love this. Sorry guys but your being pretty much sore losers. I know its not a done deal and im not saying its gonna be. However to say that the Knicks wont be title contenders is kinda sad.

QUBobcats550
07-06-2010, 10:42 PM

Nice post man. Lets hope he decides to come to NY. :pray:

Bornknick73
07-07-2010, 01:31 AM
James
Miller
Gallo
Amar'e
Kurt Thomas

Chandler
Douglas
Walker
Rautins
Jordan
Fields
Curry

Thats our opening day line up. 6'8 6'8 6'10 6'11 6'10 thats a tall line up. If Curry flounders start Kurt Thomas. Hes tough plays hard D and can rebound and he knows D'antoni's system. We got shooters galore. Buy a few more cheap bigs for the vet minimum and we are golden. Say what you want no team in the East is beating that squad.

Hi I am: Dan
07-07-2010, 01:49 AM
You know what people, I am done with leBRON rumers... he ends up where he ends up and I cant wait til he lands somewhere

caddiemaster
07-07-2010, 02:07 AM
Add moped boy and you have a decent team............lol!

blastmasta26
07-07-2010, 02:36 AM
James
Miller
Gallo
Amar'e
Kurt Thomas

Chandler
Douglas
Walker
Rautins
Jordan
Fields
Curry

Thats our opening day line up. 6'8 6'8 6'10 6'11 6'10 thats a tall line up. If Curry flounders start Kurt Thomas. Hes tough plays hard D and can rebound and he knows D'antoni's system. We got shooters galore. Buy a few more cheap bigs for the vet minimum and we are golden. Say what you want no team in the East is beating that squad.
Knicks can't afford LBJ, Amare, and Mike Miller. Miller would come at about 5 mil atleast, when we sign two maxes we will be left with 1 or 2 mil in cap space.

The Raven
07-07-2010, 06:31 AM
If anything, they're probably one of the last teams on this list

Allstar21
07-07-2010, 06:34 AM
Add moped boy and you have a decent team............lol!

hmmmm

Monta
Gall
Lebron
amare
curry

I LIKE!!!!!!

redwhitenblue
07-07-2010, 06:43 AM
Just read the original report.

Unnamed sources and statements like "James' advisors Maverick Carter and Randy Mims could be travelling to New York"

Well, yeah, they could be. Or they could not be.
The article sounds like a bunch of pieces picked from other reports (about the clarification on salary cap stuff) mixed with BS.

Allstar21
07-07-2010, 07:00 AM
hmmmm

Monta
Gall
Lebron
amare
curry

I LIKE!!!!!!
Seriously no defense but they would scoare 140 points a game and could prolly run everybody out of the gym.

redwhitenblue
07-07-2010, 07:14 AM
Seriously no defense but they would scoare 140 points a game and could prolly run everybody out of the gym.
Curry won't be running people out of the building.

Q for knicks fans who might know better, what kind of bench can you expect if you did land Lebron with another max contract already on the books?

Allstar21
07-07-2010, 07:19 AM
Curry won't be running people out of the building.

Q for knicks fans who might know better, what kind of bench can you expect if you did land Lebron with another max contract already on the books?

well assuming Amare is a done deal most players would have to be veterans minimum unless someone wants to salary dump with curry's 11mil cap figure

however assuming lebron and amare and gallo are starters that leaves chandler, walker, and douglas for bench/other 3 starting positions

i would guess that they would use the rest of their cap room to sign a center or point guard
chandler and walker would be their main bench players...which isn't that terrible

most people like chandler and bill walker had a real bounce back year after coming outta college and not getting much playing time

JayW_1023
07-07-2010, 07:32 AM
I think he'll stay in the Land of Cleves.

TO to the CHI
07-07-2010, 07:33 AM
Al jefferson is just an OK player on a crappy team so he seems better then he really is.

His first good season was in like 06-07 when the celtics were terrable, the two years before that they were descent and he sucked. since then he's done good on the terrable T-wolves.... as bad as a team is someone needs to get the ball....

HE STINKS

This post is pretty terrable.

Mine was deliberate.

TO to the CHI
07-07-2010, 07:35 AM
I don't know where LBJ ends up and with him the Knicks are certainly a top-5 team in the East (and perhaps better depending on where the other guys go); however, I don't think you can be all that confident about being much better than that (i.e. all the posters stating they are guaranteed to be finalists). The reality is that the team has gaps in the SL and would have a weak bench and is relying on a couple of starters that play no D. A very good team and a huge upgrade for sure, but I would not plan a parade just yet.

-------------------------
edit----

go here for LBJ talk:

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=504741