PDA

View Full Version : Broussard: Toronto would trade Bosh to Cleveland

JNA17
07-06-2010, 04:21 PM
Raptors have told Cavs they would do a sign-and-trade with them for Bosh. Cavs and LeBron working to convince Bosh to join them in Cleveland about 6 hours ago via web

http://twitter.com/chris_broussard

it was also on ESPN today.

tdunk21
07-06-2010, 04:27 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5357607

Everything is set for Chris Bosh to join LeBron James in Cleveland. Everything, that is, except Bosh's approval.

The Toronto Raptors have told the Cleveland Cavaliers they will do a sign-and-trade with them for Bosh, according to several league sources.

The exact details of the potential trade have not been solidified, but Toronto likely would get Anderson Varejao and/or J.J. Hickson, Delonte West and perhaps Anthony Parker. A draft pick could be involved as well.

Both James and Bosh are aware that such a trade is possible, and James has tried to recruit Bosh to the Cavaliers several times in the past few weeks, according to sources.

But right now, Bosh remains cold to the idea of playing in Cleveland.

The Cavaliers are hopeful that will change, because in Cleveland, Bosh can meet two of his top priorities: playing with James, and getting a six-year, $125 million contract.

If Bosh joins a team without doing a sign-and-trade, he will be able to sign only a five-year deal worth $96 million. He is determined not to leave that $29 million on the table, according to sources.

Although Bosh wants to play with James, he wants to do it in Chicago, Miami or New Jersey. Sources say he has told the Raptors those are the teams he would like to go to in a sign-and-trade.

Bosh also could play with Dwyane Wade instead of James in those cities.

Toronto, however, will not cooperate in a sign-and-trade with Miami, which has no players in whom the Raptors are interested, according to sources.

To move Bosh to Chicago, the Raptors likely would ask for Joakim Noah, though they could perhaps be persuaded to take a package that does not include him.

The Nets would seem to be able to put together an enticing package for the Raptors that included rookie lottery pick Derrick Favors.

MaHaRaJaH
07-06-2010, 04:28 PM
Lol Cleveland's crap isn't that important to us.

h2r09
07-06-2010, 04:28 PM
what do these peole not get about a sign and trade? the player has to want to get there for it to happen. Would you rather play in cleveland with lebron or miami with D-wade?

He has also said he doesnt want to play in cleveland. He is coming to miami.

MaHaRaJaH
07-06-2010, 04:29 PM

Omg I seriously hope we don't go for the cleveland trade

THE_G.O.A.T.
07-06-2010, 04:35 PM
http://twitter.com/chris_broussard

it was also on ESPN today.

If there is one thing this summer has taught me its that Chris Broussard and ESPN both don't know *****

TheKing23
07-06-2010, 04:36 PM
:pray:

tdunk21
07-06-2010, 04:38 PM
what do these peole not get about a sign and trade? the player has to want to get there for it to happen. Would you rather play in cleveland with lebron or miami with D-wade?

link?

philab
07-06-2010, 04:38 PM

Toronto won't work a S&T with Miami, they've said. Without the S&T, Bosh can only get the 5-year, $100MM deal.

And I'd rather play in Cleveland with LeBron. Better team, better player, and possibly better coach. Throw in the extra cash and a rabid fanbase, and that Miami weather might not be missed.

Iodine
07-06-2010, 04:39 PM
I thought we learned a while ago that Broussards sources are 5 year old wombats?

THE_G.O.A.T.
07-06-2010, 04:42 PM
If you believe anything you read on ESPN then you are a ****.

Melo15
07-06-2010, 04:46 PM
I love how the fans of each team only believe whats being reported if its good for them but if it goes against their team it cant be true :rolleyes:

thescore53
07-06-2010, 04:47 PM

really cause he also said he wouldn't mind playing in Cleveland, idk why your assuming he doesnt want to play for the cavs

h2r09
07-06-2010, 04:51 PM
really cause he also said he wouldn't mind playing in Cleveland, idk why your assuming he doesnt want to play for the cavs

hris Bosh wants to pair with LeBron James, but is more likely to sign off on a scenario that lures James out of Cleveland to the Nets, Bulls or even Heat, a person with knowledge of the negotiations told CBSSports.com Tuesday.

The problem is that the Cavs have the most attractive assets to entice the Raptors into such an arrangement, being able to offer Anderson Varejao, Anthony Parker or Jamario Moon and Delonte West, who only has $500,000 of his $4.5 million contract guaranteed for next season. The sign-and-trade route would allow Toronto to come to grips with Bosh's seemingly inevitable departure while bringing back assets -- including possibly future draft picks -- in the deal.

But Bosh, who shares an agent with fellow free agent Dwyane Wade, would have to sign off on such an arrangement and remains decidedly unenthusiastic about joining James in Cleveland, the person familiar with the talks said.

"If LeBron went to New Jersey, he'd consider that," the person said of Bosh. "It's too late for New York. He wants to play with LeBron if LeBron leaves, but not necessarily in Cleveland."

The Bulls, who've targeted all three of the top free agents, have not spoken with Toronto officials about a sign-and-trade for Bosh, a person with knowledge of their strategy said. With $30.9 million in cap space after Rob Kurz and Chris Richard were waived, the Bulls are still one transaction away from fitting two straight max signings into their space. One way around that would be to sign-and-trade for one free agent and sign the other one, but it is difficult to imagine Bosh taking less money that Wade or LeBron -- or vice versa.

The Heat, meanwhile, essentially have to trade Michael Beasley to have room for two max free agents plus Wade -- and sources told CBSSports.com Tuesday Miami officials were continuing to work on pulling off such a coup. Wade's thoughts on the matter remain a mystery after he canceled a scheduled news conference with Alonzo Mourning in South Florida Tuesday morning.

UPDATED 2:18 p.m. ET: The Raptors have informed Bosh and his agent, Henry Thomas, that if Bosh wanted to go to Cleveland, the organization would explore how to help him get there. But while Cleveland's basketball assets are more attractive to the Raptors, the city itself doesn't do it for Bosh. If Bosh viewed Cleveland as an acceptable destination, the sign-and-trade talks would've progressed rapidly. As things stood Tuesday afternoon, according to a source involved in the discussions, they're at a stand-still.

UPDATED 3:46 p.m. ET: The Rockets, in Bosh's home state of Texas, also have some enticing assets to offer Toronto -- free-agent Luis Scola, Shane Battier and Trevor Ariza. Bosh has indicated in the past that the two Texas teams would be on his list of preferred destinations, but free-agent fever seems to have him focused on New Jersey, Miami and Chicago for now. As for the Heat, who'd want to dump Beasley, don't underestimate the value of a giant trade exception that they could convey to Toronto in a Bosh deal. Sources indicate that the February trade deadline will create a furious market for teams looking to get out from under contracts with the combination of playoff hopes being dashed and the looming labor crisis and/or new collective bargaining agreement, in which owners will be looking to take a punitive stance on player salaries.

When has he ever said he would play for cleveland? when has anybody ever said the wanted to play for cleveland.

And you guys act as if toronto has some sort of upperhand in this discussion. If bosh wants to play somewhere they have to get what they can

Slimsim
07-06-2010, 04:52 PM
So if bosh decide to go to the Cavs with LBj that leaves Just Wade and i see him going to Chicago if that happens. That would suck for Knicks and heats fans.

h2r09
07-06-2010, 04:53 PM
Toronto won't work a S&T with Miami, they've said. Without the S&T, Bosh can only get the 5-year, $100MM deal.

And I'd rather play in Cleveland with LeBron. Better team, better player, and possibly better coach. Throw in the extra cash and a rabid fanbase, and that Miami weather might not be missed.

no, they havent said that at all. in fact they said they would be looking for trade exceptions and picks and miami has one of the biggest trade exceptions out there and they have the raptors first round pick and they have all of their other first rounders. You arent a rabid fan base. You are rabid lebron fans.

THE MTL
07-06-2010, 04:53 PM
Well, im not going to lie the Rockets package >>>>>> Cleveland package. But I guarantee you that Cleveland is still in lead!

CowboysKB24
07-06-2010, 04:54 PM
I don't know if Bosh wants to do that. This has been going on for weeks and if he wanted it to happen I think he would at least show some kind of interest. I think Bosh wants a bigger market. No one wants to play in Cleveland (the city, not the team). Most guys want a bigger market, who would want to play in Cleveland over Chicago, Miami, or NY.

thescore53
07-06-2010, 04:58 PM
When has he ever said he would play for cleveland? when has anybody ever said the wanted to play for cleveland.

And you guys act as if toronto has some sort of upperhand in this discussion. If bosh wants to play somewhere they have to get what they can

it's funny how you want to believe this article but you don't want to believe the one the op posted. bosh said he wouldnt mind playing in cleveland on the mike and mike morning radio show

beasted86
07-06-2010, 04:59 PM
Nothing is surprising from Chris Broussard at this point. He's had Bosh going all over the place.

He's also a Cleveland homer, so this was eventually expected. BTW, if Varejao is traded for Bosh, that means he's playing starting Center, right? You bringing Shaq back at 39?

Yeah... didn't think so.

LA_Raiders
07-06-2010, 05:00 PM
Wow, did toronto asked for that crap of players for bosh???

Now I know why they are a ****ed up team...

thescore53
07-06-2010, 05:00 PM
I don't know if Bosh wants to do that. This has been going on for weeks and if he wanted it to happen I think he would at least show some kind of interest. I think Bosh wants a bigger market. No one wants to play in Cleveland (the city, not the team). Most guys want a bigger market, who would want to play in Cleveland over Chicago, Miami, or NY.

doesnt matter though. lebron himself is the biggest market in the nba,

h2r09
07-06-2010, 05:01 PM
it's funny how you want to believe this article but you don't want to believe the one the op posted. bosh said he wouldnt mind playing in cleveland on the mike and mike morning radio show

no, whats funny is the op posted a tweet that said nothing about playing for cleveland, it jusst says that lebron is trying to convince him, while my article is by a pretty damn reloiable source saying multiple important pieces of info about him not wanting to play there.

also, just on espn- "but bosh still remains cold about playing in cleveland"

thescore53
07-06-2010, 05:02 PM
Nothing is surprising from Chris Broussard at this point. He's had Bosh going all over the place.

He's also a Cleveland homer, so this was eventually expected. BTW, if Varejao is traded for Bosh, that means he's playing starting Center, right? You bringing Shaq back at 39?

Yeah... didn't think so.

who said it's for varejao..

thescore53
07-06-2010, 05:03 PM
Wow, did toronto asked for that crap of players for bosh???

Now I know why they are a ****ed up team...

so you assume this is real just cause boussard reported it....

h2r09
07-06-2010, 05:05 PM
so you assume this is real just cause boussard reported it....

well you did 2 seconds ago when you said that bosh wants to come play in clevelnd based on the op. why are you changing your mind heer? because it strengthens your argument.

Melo15
07-06-2010, 05:06 PM

Fact. Everyone keeps saying that LeBron needs to go to a bigger market, yeah thats it he needs more attention. He already gets more attention than anyone in the NBA but all these teams keep saying that he needs a bigger market which is just dumb. Cleveland really isn't that bad of a place either, there are very nice suburbs right outside it to raise a family. It's not like Bosh has to live in the city.

MagicBucsSox
07-06-2010, 05:06 PM

lol BECAUSE HE'S ALREADY SAID HE DO NOT WANNA PLAY IN THE CITY

beasted86
07-06-2010, 05:07 PM
who said it's for varejao..

Who is it for then? Jamison? :rolleyes:

Espn.com

Everything is set for Chris Bosh to join LeBron James in Cleveland. Everything, that is, except Bosh's approval.

The Toronto Raptors have told the Cleveland Cavaliers they will do a sign-and-trade with them for Bosh, according to several league sources.

The exact details of the potential trade have not been solidified, but Toronto likely would get Anderson Varejao and/or J.J. Hickson, Delonte West and perhaps Anthony Parker. A draft pick could be involved as well.

D Roses Bulls
07-06-2010, 05:10 PM
yea this is crap cause bosh doesnt wanna play in cleveland. we've been hearing that for over two weeks now. broussard is probably tryna create another story and other idiots are picking up on it as well

thescore53
07-06-2010, 05:11 PM
no, whats funny is the op posted a tweet that said nothing about playing for cleveland, it jusst says that lebron is trying to convince him, while my article is by a pretty damn reloiable source saying multiple important pieces of info about him not wanting to play there.

also, just on espn- "but bosh still remains cold about playing in cleveland"

where ezactly are they getting their info.... a tube up bosh's ***

beasted86
07-06-2010, 05:13 PM
where ezactly are they getting their info.... a tube up bosh's ***

You seem to be on an agenda to derail any idea of Bosh going to Chicago or Miami... but seem to want to push him going to Cleveland?

You are confusing. If you are a Raptors fan who lives in Toronto, wouldn't/shouldn't you be more concerned with derailing ALL ideas of him leaving and/or concerned with who the Raptors are getting in return in a S&T?

thescore53
07-06-2010, 05:13 PM
lol BECAUSE HE'S ALREADY SAID HE DO NOT WANNA PLAY IN THE CITY

no he didnt........ can you find a quote from bosh's mouth....

like wade said i think im gonna start a website. what little do they know.com

l2ms

MaHaRaJaH
07-06-2010, 05:15 PM

:laugh2: :laugh2:

Attractive assets??? :laugh2:

But they do. Toronto can refuse to trade, ergo letting Bosh go with 25 mill less and he cannot sign to Cleveland.
a) bosh WANTS that money
b) he allegedly wants to sign with Cleveland
which can ONLY be possible with a SandT Toronto wants to agree to.

I'd rather walk away with nothing than having cleveland's attractive assets :laugh2:

thescore53
07-06-2010, 05:15 PM
You seem to be on an agenda to derail any idea of Bosh going to Chicago or Miami... but seem to want to push him going to Cleveland?

You are confusing. If you are a Raptors fan who lives in Toronto, wouldn't/shouldn't you be more concerned with derailing ALL ideas of him leaving and/or concerned with who the Raptors are getting in return in a S&T?

i would love bosh to go to Chicago.......... and maybe even Miami but i hate people who make up ishhh.
who ezactly are these sources. i heard from bosh's mouth he wouldnt mind cleveland

philab
07-06-2010, 05:17 PM
no, they havent said that at all. in fact they said they would be looking for trade exceptions and picks and miami has one of the biggest trade exceptions out there and they have the raptors first round pick and they have all of their other first rounders. You arent a rabid fan base. You are rabid lebron fans.

I refer you to this:

Toronto, however, will not cooperate in a sign-and-trade with Miami, which has no players in whom the Raptors are interested, according to sources.

kevin916
07-06-2010, 05:17 PM
Bosh never said he didnt want too play in CLEVELAND!!!!!!! Last week on mike and mike he said he would come too cleveland and play with lebron before he was a free agent. I dont see it happening and still dont trust Lebron is staying either.

beasted86
07-06-2010, 05:18 PM
i would love bosh to go to Chicago..........

Why do you as a Raptors fan want him to go anywhere except back to Toronto?

Are you a Raptors fan or a Bulls fan? or even worse... a Bosh only fan?

thescore53
07-06-2010, 05:18 PM
whatlittledotheyknow.com l2ms

DaoudS
07-06-2010, 05:19 PM

Because the team gets stagnant when he has the ball in his hand. He isn't the #1 option. Because this is the right time to rebuild with young assets and build with defense.

thescore53
07-06-2010, 05:20 PM

i dont want him back though.. we wont win with him or without him so whats the point.

beasted86
07-06-2010, 05:21 PM
I refer you to this:

And I refer you to this:

The Raptors, who have fielded calls from "half the league," the source says, currently have six sign-and-trade proposals ready to be executed. Offers from Miami and Chicago, according to the source, are being more heavily considered than the rest. The Lakers are among the teams that have inquired, but they are not believed to be among the top six trading partners being considered.

"(Miami and Chicago) are more in the game," the source said.

http://nba.fanhouse.com/2010/07/04/chris-bosh-chicago-bulls-miami-heat/

So apparently nobody knows anything. Everything other than the words from Brian Colangelo, Chris Bosh, or Henry Thomas themselves with direct quotes needs to be discarded until further notice.

MaHaRaJaH
07-06-2010, 05:21 PM

With that horseshit offer, or attractive assets, I'm happy with him free.

beasted86
07-06-2010, 05:24 PM
i would love bosh to go to Chicago.......... and maybe even Miami but i hate people who make up ishhh.
who ezactly are these sources. i heard from bosh's mouth he wouldnt mind cleveland

Direct quote? Link?

thescore53
07-06-2010, 05:26 PM
Direct quote? Link?

mike and mike morning radio show. go and listen to the whole. the one where bosh was co hosting

MaHaRaJaH
07-06-2010, 05:27 PM
Direct quote? Link?

Whether or not it's true. Fact is Toronto has to agree to this trade since Bosh can only play in Cleveland via trade.

BluejaysFan08
07-06-2010, 05:31 PM
All I know is that i just want them to sign, im sick of all this news, its worse than favre.

MagicBucsSox
07-06-2010, 05:31 PM
no he didnt........ can you find a quote from bosh's mouth....

like wade said i think im gonna start a website. what little do they know.com

l2ms

little do you know:

Source: Bosh Unenthusiastic About Cleveland
Jul 06, 2010 1:40 PM EST

A person with knowledge of the negotiations told Ken Berger of CBS Sports that Chris Bosh is interested in teaming up with LeBron James, but he is more likely to seek a sign-and-trade that sends him to the Nets, Bulls or Heat.

Bosh "remains decidedly unenthusiastic about joining James in Cleveland," writes Berger.

"If LeBron went to New Jersey, he'd consider that," the source said. "It's too late for New York. He wants to play with LeBron if LeBron leaves, but not necessarily in Cleveland."

A source says that the Bulls have not spoken to the Raptors about a sign-and-trade for Bosh.

The Heat is continuing to try to deal Michael Beasley in order to maximize their salary-cap room. Dwyane Wade canceled a public appearance he was scheduled to make Tuesday morning in South Florida.

Read more: http://******.com/src_wiretap/2/#ixzz0swLxTxHo

beasted86
07-06-2010, 05:33 PM
Whether or not it's true. Fact is Toronto has to agree to this trade since Bosh can only play in Cleveland via trade.

Not only the Raptors, but Bosh as well.

But mainly, despite what Broussard is makin... err I mean reporting, there's no way I see them taking back Varejao's long term deal along with other overpriced fillers.

Bargnani, Amir, Varejao, Evans... these 4 alone make up nearly $30M in salary... and they just drafted another PF in Ed Davis.

thescore53
07-06-2010, 05:34 PM
oh god.. Dan lebatard is on pti.... how ezactly does he know what bosh is thinking ..

he says bosh was a star in a diff country and he can be that in miami cause some people consider miami a diff country

thescore53
07-06-2010, 05:37 PM
little do you know:

Source: Bosh Unenthusiastic About Cleveland
Jul 06, 2010 1:40 PM EST

A person with knowledge of the negotiations told Ken Berger of CBS Sports that Chris Bosh is interested in teaming up with LeBron James, but he is more likely to seek a sign-and-trade that sends him to the Nets, Bulls or Heat.

Bosh "remains decidedly unenthusiastic about joining James in Cleveland," writes Berger.

"If LeBron went to New Jersey, he'd consider that," the source said. "It's too late for New York. He wants to play with LeBron if LeBron leaves, but not necessarily in Cleveland."

A source says that the Bulls have not spoken to the Raptors about a sign-and-trade for Bosh.

The Heat is continuing to try to deal Michael Beasley in order to maximize their salary-cap room. Dwyane Wade canceled a public appearance he was scheduled to make Tuesday morning in South Florida.

Read more: http://******.com/src_wiretap/2/#ixzz0swLxTxHo

so this proves anything . who ezactly are these ''sources'' ''people with knowledge of the situation'' they can be making this up

Lo Porto
07-06-2010, 05:43 PM
If Bosh wants to win and wants that 6 year max deal, Cleveland makes sense. All they've been missing is a good post player. I don't know why Toronto would want all those 2nd tier players though...

philab
07-06-2010, 05:50 PM
And I refer you to this:

http://nba.fanhouse.com/2010/07/04/chris-bosh-chicago-bulls-miami-heat/

So apparently nobody knows anything. Everything other than the words from Brian Colangelo, Chris Bosh, or Henry Thomas themselves with direct quotes needs to be discarded until further notice.

I agree with the sentiment that it's tough to find the "real" information.

But c'mon, that source does not stack up against ESPN.

PrettyBoyJ
07-06-2010, 05:50 PM
If he goes for the cleveland trade then this FA summer would be a disappointment

Allstar21
07-06-2010, 06:20 PM
Heat are getting boozer or D-lee and thats it!

CowboysKB24
07-06-2010, 06:45 PM

It does matter. Players like playing in big cities. Go to Cleveland, then visit Chicago, LA, NY, or Miami. There is no comparison.

beasted86
07-06-2010, 06:57 PM
I agree with the sentiment that it's tough to find the "real" information.

But c'mon, that source does not stack up against ESPN.

Depends on who is reporting from ESPN. Broussard's sources are terribly unreliable.

NBA Fanhouse is a pretty big news outlet referenced by hundreds of websites including PSD all the time.

dtmagnet
07-06-2010, 07:00 PM
If Bosh wants to win and wants that 6 year max deal, Cleveland makes sense. All they've been missing is a good post player. I don't know why Toronto would want all those 2nd tier players though...

They wouldn't that's why I don't think this deal will go through.

thescore53
07-06-2010, 07:01 PM
It does matter. Players like playing in big cities. Go to Cleveland, then visit Chicago, LA, NY, or Miami. There is no comparison.

i know 'big cities'' i live in one of the best in the nba :D.... but seriously being a millionaire you cant find anything to do in Cleveland, and theres always road trips it isnt as bad as it sounds ...

WickedBadMan
07-06-2010, 07:03 PM
Something tells me Bosh wouldn't turn down millions of dollars to go play in Miami/NJ if Lebron refused.

thescore53
07-06-2010, 07:14 PM
oh sheesh yall twas a dream

Klivlend
07-06-2010, 07:15 PM
Make it happen Cleveland!

MaHaRaJaH
07-06-2010, 08:57 PM
Not only the Raptors, but Bosh as well.

But mainly, despite what Broussard is makin... err I mean reporting, there's no way I see them taking back Varejao's long term deal along with other overpriced fillers.

Bargnani, Amir, Varejao, Evans... these 4 alone make up nearly $30M in salary... and they just drafted another PF in Ed Davis.

Exactly it's leverage in a very, very useless situation lol

shen
07-06-2010, 09:46 PM
It is being reported that a Clevland source has said Bosh deal definitely will not be happening. He is not willing to go to Cavs. Some say it is city, people who know him say it is because they would end up with him at C, I figure some combo of the two.

WITZ
07-06-2010, 10:01 PM

Haha good luck with that because it doesn't even look like Wade will be there & it's lookin like Miami is gonna be the big loser of free agency