PDA

View Full Version : With Wades age and style of play, do you think he would leave 30 million on the table

Gibby23
07-06-2010, 01:41 PM
I don't think any of these 3 guys will leave the exta year and 30 million on the table. Miami wont' S & T Wade. If Wade takes a 5 year Max deal, he will leave 30 million on the table for the 6th year he could have got with the Heat. In 5 years when Wade will be a FA again, Wade will be 33 or 34 and would not get a 30 million dollar offer for a 1 year deal, he might not even get 30 million over 3 or 4 years.

R_O_W_E
07-06-2010, 01:43 PM
30 Million is a lot of money. However how much will that money matter if you bring a championship to your hometown?

Gibby23
07-06-2010, 01:45 PM
30 Million is a lot of money. However how much will that money matter if you bring a championship to your hometown?

The 30 million is guaranteed but the championship in Chicago isn't. He will also have to pay his ex wife a good amount of money in the divorce, so money is going to be a big factor to Wade.

lavilevi23
07-06-2010, 01:51 PM
another reason he stays in Miami. :)

cutiepie80
07-06-2010, 01:52 PM
Don't forget the fact that he has a great cast in Miami, Beasley, Chalmers, ?????????????

LOL.

Human FlameShld
07-06-2010, 02:05 PM
Wade would make more money in international endorsements playing and winning in Chicago then he would staying in Miami for the extra money.

NBA players real money comes from endorsement money that comes along with being a big name on a perennial playoff and championship contender. Many reports have come out over the past few years about the growing European endorsements and that China is a growing market and they have literally more NBA fans then the US does total citizens.

Wade could make more money on a five year deal in Chicago or wherever else as long as he is going deep in the playoffs every year.

Kobe makes a ton more money in international endorsements then he does in NBA salary. International endorsements also tend to be more money then US endorsements because they are seen by more overall people.

Gibby23
07-06-2010, 02:11 PM
Wade would make more money in international endorsements playing and winning in Chicago then he would staying in Miami for the extra money.

NBA players real money comes from endorsement money that comes along with being a big name on a perennial playoff and championship contender. Many reports have come out over the past few years about the growing European endorsements and that China is a growing market and they have literally more NBA fans then the US does total citizens.

Wade could make more money on a five year deal in Chicago or wherever else as long as he is going deep in the playoffs every year.

Kobe makes a ton more money in international endorsements then he does in NBA salary. International endorsements also tend to be more money then US endorsements because they are seen by more overall people.

No he doesn't and NBA players don't make more than 20 million a year in endorsments. Show me a report where they claim they do.

R_O_W_E
07-06-2010, 02:12 PM
The 30 million is guaranteed but the championship in Chicago isn't. He will also have to pay his ex wife a good amount of money in the divorce, so money is going to be a big factor to Wade.

Wade isn't going to have to pay her much of anything. Likely it will come down to a small settlement and child support for their kids. Her actions after their break up have embarrassed her which is why the kids aren't even in her custody.

This isn't some case where top NBA star meets a girl, she has great sex, and then they get married. He was with her since he was a teen. Its not too uncommon to see couples getting married too young ending up divorced in their 20's.

R_O_W_E
07-06-2010, 02:13 PM
No he doesn't and NBA players don't make more than 20 million a year in endorsments. Show me a report where they claim they do.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/more/specials/fortunate50/2009/

:facepalm:

Gibby23
07-06-2010, 02:15 PM
Wade isn't going to have to pay her much of anything. Likely it will come down to a small settlement and child support for their kids. Her actions after their break up have embarrassed her which is why the kids aren't even in her custody.

This isn't some case where top NBA star meets a girl, she has great sex, and then they get married. He was with her since he was a teen. Its not too uncommon to see couples getting married too young ending up divorced in their 20's.

Thats the point. She has been living a certain lifestyle and not working. The courts usually make the man pay a good amount of money so the lady can keep the same lifestyle, and in this case, it will be a large amount of money. throw that in with Wades Infidelity, she is going to get paid.

redwhitenblue
07-06-2010, 02:17 PM

Actually, the reason Wade has temporary custody is because he reported her as interfering in his visitation 3 times this year. Full custody to move them elsewhere is a major step. (Shocking part is I know of couples who interfere on a weakly basis who can't get a judge to do anything)

Gibby23
07-06-2010, 02:17 PM

That's 1 NBA player that makes over 20 mill outside basketball. Kobe makes 10 million. James is the exception to the rule.

LakerDynasty85
07-06-2010, 02:19 PM
I don't think any of these 3 guys will leave the exta year and 30 million on the table. Miami wont' S & T Wade. If Wade takes a 5 year Max deal, he will leave 30 million on the table for the 6th year he could have got with the Heat. In 5 years when Wade will be a FA again, Wade will be 33 or 34 and would not get a 30 million dollar offer for a 1 year deal, he might not even get 30 million over 3 or 4 years.

I think due to his age, he should leave Miami for Chicago where he will have a much better supporting cast to help him in his twilight years such as Rose, Deng, Noah, and maybe Bosh/Boozer. Yes he will get paid in Miami, but will have so much more to carry on his shoulders then he will have to in Chicago.

Bluffmasta
07-06-2010, 02:29 PM
well if these guys sign with a new team, does it really matter for the extra year they could get with there old teams, when year 4 comes around they can just reup for a max again. Lebron would definitly get the max again, wade if he is able to stay injury free would get max, Bosh woulnt but he still would get paid tons of money.

Human FlameShld
07-06-2010, 02:30 PM
That's 1 NBA player that makes over 20 mill outside basketball. Kobe makes 10 million. James is the exception to the rule.

First to use your numbers:

$20 mil a year over 5 years is $100 mil.....

$10 mil a year over 5 years is $50 mil....

only top names get that kind of money in endorsement...a guy like Wade on a perennial championship contender will make that kind of money.

Kobe makes $16 million not $10 mil....and as I mentioned in there have been many reports of growing European and Chinese endorsement markets.

Kobe is also about to make $30 million a year in endorsements so clearly you know and I don't

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/more/specials/fortunate50/
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/more/specials/fortunate50/2008/index.20.html
http://www.nba.com/global/peak_nba_announcement_071106.html
http://blogs.forbes.com/sportsmoney/2010/06/kobe-bryant-king-of-the-court/

Gibby23
07-06-2010, 02:32 PM

only top names get that kind of money in endorsement...a guy like Wade on a perennial championship contender will make that kind of money.

Kobe makes $16 million not $10 mil....and as I mentioned in there have been many reports of growing European and Chinese endorsement markets.

Kobe is also about to make $30 million a year in endorsements so clearly you know and I don't

But, you act like Wade will make $0 in endorsement money in Miami. It woun't be a big jump in Chicago and won't come close to making up for $30 million.

Stunner
07-06-2010, 02:37 PM
Man i jus want one these guys to sign with the Bulls. Along with Jack McClinton making the team. :)

LA_Raiders
07-06-2010, 02:47 PM
I was thinking the same, He should stay in Mia and let pat do his job and bring Booz or Bosh

R_O_W_E
07-06-2010, 02:56 PM
But, you act like Wade will make $0 in endorsement money in Miami. It woun't be a big jump in Chicago and won't come close to making up for $30 million.

It will be a big jump in Chicago. I dont think you understand the marketing aspect of a major US City like Chicago. When you throw in he is a hometown guy, and secondly that Wade has his own legacy due to winning a NBA Championship which will not cause him to be "following in MJ's shoes". It would be a great financial decision for him outside of basketball. However Miami is Wade's home and Wade's team. Hes already won a title there, he has settled down to a nice life in Miami, and he knows Pat Riley will do whatever it takes to make sure he wins. He can still be very profitable in Miami with endorsements.

Name me 1 prominent athlete with major endorsements who spent their career in Miami.

I can name 3 off the top of my head in Chicago with Jordan, Pippen, & Sosa.

RaiderLakersA's
07-06-2010, 02:56 PM
Thats the point. She has been living a certain lifestyle and not working. The courts usually make the man pay a good amount of money so the lady can keep the same lifestyle, and in this case, it will be a large amount of money. throw that in with Wades Infidelity, she is going to get paid.

Exactly. In cases involving divorce after a lengthy relationship, alimony is almost always a foregone conclusion. Child support is a separate matter entirely and in addition to any alimony ordered by the court. That "cha-CHING!!!!" you're hearing is the lawyer for Wade's ex-wife adding up the final figure.

R_O_W_E
07-06-2010, 03:00 PM
Actually, the reason Wade has temporary custody is because he reported her as interfering in his visitation 3 times this year. Full custody to move them elsewhere is a major step. (Shocking part is I know of couples who interfere on a weakly basis who can't get a judge to do anything)

Joint custody would work.

Wade's infidelity? You mean dating Gabrielle Union while he & his wife were seperated?

I'd love to see the numbers. I know we're talking millions, but I'd love to see what the courts decide. Is this case in Florida or Illinois?

Pinrod33
07-06-2010, 03:03 PM
well if these guys sign with a new team, does it really matter for the extra year they could get with there old teams, when year 4 comes around they can just reup for a max again. Lebron would definitly get the max again, wade if he is able to stay injury free would get max, Bosh woulnt but he still would get paid tons of money.

Which is the point of the person who made this thread.....

With the way that he plays and the amount of times Wade has had pretty serious injuries, does he want to take the chance that he will be able to re-up in 4 years for the max, not knowing what will happen from then to now?? And when you factor in the lack of a state tax, it will be even more than 20 million that he would be leaving up to chance.

JordansBulls
07-06-2010, 03:09 PM

Well MJ only made 90 million in his entire career in the NBA. Wade on a 5 year deal with any team will make more than that.

Human FlameShld
07-06-2010, 03:10 PM

Gibby23
07-06-2010, 03:14 PM
Well MJ only made 90 million in his entire career in the NBA. Wade on a 5 year deal with any team will make more than that.

ok.

Gibby23
07-06-2010, 03:16 PM

But Wade will still make close to the amount he would make in Chicago in endorsements if he stays with the Heat and they are a championship level team. The 30 million in the 6th year is going to be hard to pass on, and that is what keeps him with the Heat.

Crzycjunx76
07-06-2010, 03:17 PM
Out of all the big free agents on the market this off season Wade to me is the one most about winning (perhaps tied with Dirk who already resigned at a discount). I mean LeBron wants to win too but am not sure if LeBron's drive to win does not stem more from the pressure of expectations than his own desire and passion... and I am not sure if that pressure is enough to convince him to give up the extra cash.

mrs rose
07-06-2010, 03:26 PM
Which is the point of the person who made this thread.....

With the way that he plays and the amount of times Wade has had pretty serious injuries, does he want to take the chance that he will be able to re-up in 4 years for the max, not knowing what will happen from then to now?? And when you factor in the lack of a state tax, it will be even more than 20 million that he would be leaving up to chance.

we forget the other factors here,
what about the taxes..
playing florida he doesnt have to worry about that, and do you forget wade is jordan in terms of the shoe brand he promotes?
he also has contracts with versus companies ie: gatorade and t-mobile.

just a side note wade has mention his kids are importnant but not the main factor of his decision..
it kills me that some people act as if these kids were just born, that this messy divorce hasnt been going on, its not a new issue.
and even if he doesnt get full custody of his kids what is the difference between wade traveling away games in miami/chicago. when ten to one he spends the summers with his boys anyway because of his career.
true enough being with the bulls would give him a little bit of extra time with his kids/family but when you think about it, it wont be that much of a difference.

hometown theory,
the way some fans think wade will leave because of the dream of playing in his hometown.
what player wouldnt want to play in front of their home court? besides (chris bosh)
if thats the case kobe would be in philly, shaq would have gone to new jersery, and what about the stars who cant play for their hometown. where do they go? which makes the theory insane in terms of the weight a lot of fans put on it! the fact of the matter is, the nba is a business. and besides the fact that NOBODY cant offer wade more money than miami.
not to mention he is the only one who actually won something of the big 3. he has a championship ring with the heat, and there isnt a 100% guarantee if he goes to chicago they are going all of the way.

JordansBulls
07-06-2010, 03:28 PM
ok.

So basically I'm saying a 6th year is not that big of a deal when you consider these guys nowadays make more than double the guys did in the 90's and maybe like quadruple what guys made in the 80's.

Rivera
07-06-2010, 03:32 PM
one i dont think thats the way Dwade is thinkin abt how he plays n needs the 30 mil

second if he brings a chip to chicago endorsements will bring him close to 30 mil IN ONE SUMMER

and three i believe this court case actually may make wade move from mia to chi this is somethin more important abt the kids and how the court may say it would b better if they stay in the CHI

bonus if anything he wouldnt want that 30 mil cause he would have to give half or most to his wife and ***** that ****** she aint gettin ***** that physco ****** grrrr

Gibby23
07-06-2010, 03:34 PM
So basically I'm saying a 6th year is not that big of a deal when you consider these guys nowadays make more than double the guys did in the 90's and maybe like quadruple what guys made in the 80's.

Yes it is. Players don't care what players made in the past. It is about how much money they can get now. Do you see a superstar NBA player asking to make 2.5 million a year because that is what MJ made in the 90-91 season? No because it is a different era, economy, and the NBA is making alot more money now.

Human FlameShld
07-06-2010, 03:53 PM
But Wade will still make close to the amount he would make in Chicago in endorsements if he stays with the Heat and they are a championship level team. The 30 million in the 6th year is going to be hard to pass on, and that is what keeps him with the Heat.

You argue with opinions and I debate with facts (and links in this case too).

Gibby23
07-06-2010, 03:56 PM
You argue with opinions and I debate with facts (and links in this case too).

You never linked me the FACT that Wade would make more endorsement money in Chicago than he would in Miami.

Human FlameShld
07-06-2010, 03:59 PM
You never linked me the FACT that Wade would make more endorsement money in Chicago than he would in Miami.

And you've done nothing but argue my facts and other people's facts with your opinion.

And as far as the linking comment what did you link, maybe when you link something you can use that as an argument.

There is no point to argue with you anymore. If you refuse to supply any facts, if you refuse to really listen to others views than there is no point in debating with you....I'm moving on.

Gibby23
07-06-2010, 04:05 PM
And you've done nothing but argue my facts and other people's facts with your opinion.

And as far as the linking comment what did you link, maybe when you link something you can use that as an argument.

There is no point to argue with you anymore. If you refuse to supply any facts, if you refuse to really listen to others views than there is no point in debating with you....I'm moving on.

The people saying he would make more in endorsements in Chicago instead of Miami are sharing opinions because it isn't a fact.

It is a fact that he can get 30 million more on a 6th year in Maimi and he can't do that in Chicago.

redwhitenblue
07-06-2010, 04:12 PM
Joint custody would work.

Wade's infidelity? You mean dating Gabrielle Union while he & his wife were seperated?

I'd love to see the numbers. I know we're talking millions, but I'd love to see what the courts decide. Is this case in Florida or Illinois?
It would, but the quesiton would remain as to where they stay during the school year. The judge won't have them commuting across the country twice a month. My guess is the woman will hold custody during the school year with Wade given the entire summer and holiday breaks-but Wade will be playing during a lot of those breaks (SB, winter break)

redwhitenblue
07-06-2010, 04:13 PM
The people saying he would make more in endorsements in Chicago instead of Miami are sharing opinions because it isn't a fact.

It is a fact that he can get 30 million more on a 6th year in Maimi and he can't do that in Chicago.
Yes, but it's also fact that a deal with the Bulls would only be for 5 years, so he would have the ability to sign another deal covering that 6th year, likely for still a good chip.

You're talking about overcoming 30 million when that's not the case. He'll probably still get 10MM< on that 6th year deal someday.

boolish
07-06-2010, 04:17 PM
I agree 100%. wade bosh and james are not leaving that money on the table.

redwhitenblue
07-06-2010, 04:22 PM
I agree 100%. wade bosh and james are not leaving that money on the table.
James really won't be.

People realize that IF James re-ups, it's likely not a full 6 year deal. In that case, he's only making 1MM/year more than he would elsewhere. That's nothing to Lebron James, money is not the issue in his decision.

boolish
07-06-2010, 04:23 PM

exactly. they are pulling it out of their hat. dwade didn't need CHI to bag a huge T-mobile deal.

JordansBulls
07-06-2010, 04:28 PM
Also Wade would get the 30 million easily in Chicago since he is from there.

Gibby23
07-06-2010, 04:30 PM
Also Wade would get the 30 million easily in Chicago since he is from there.

Im sure the bulls would Jump at the chance to pay a 34 year old Wade $30 million for another year. He could end up hurt in 5 years and get nothing after that.

redwhitenblue
07-06-2010, 04:34 PM
Im sure the bulls would Jump at the chance to pay a 34 year old Wade $30 million for another year. He could end up hurt in 5 years and get nothing after that.
The Bulls paid Jordan 30MM.

And again, the difference overall isn't 30 MM. It's probably 15-20 at most.

Gibby23
07-06-2010, 04:35 PM
The Bulls paid Jordan 30MM.

And again, the difference overall isn't 30 MM. It's probably 15-20 at most.

And if he gets hurt in year 4 and can't play again, he wouldn't get a new contract after year 5 in Chicago in Miami he still gets paid up to year 6.

redwhitenblue
07-06-2010, 05:06 PM
And if he gets hurt in year 4 and can't play again, he wouldn't get a new contract after year 5 in Chicago in Miami he still gets paid up to year 6.
Depends on the injury.

Chicago has a history of helping out their players who become injured to the point of being unable to play.

We can throw out a bunch of what if's. If Miami sucks because they have all their money in Wade and another FA (Bosh, Boozer) and can't build around them, Wade is stuck there all 6 years, instead of just 5 with Chicago.

PrettyBoyJ
07-06-2010, 05:56 PM

According to Forbes, Kobe made $33,718,750 in 2007, including 62% ($20.9M) in endorsements. With a contract extension where he'll be making about 30 mil a year, he will be making way over 20 Mil in endorsements.. and Kobe is the tied as second highest paid athletes

The Jokemaker
07-06-2010, 06:11 PM
I think Wade and Bosh will both sign Max deals while Lebron gets a 3 year max deal.

shizzle09
07-06-2010, 06:25 PM

:facepalm: to your :facepalm:

Kobe makes 10 million a year in endorsements and he's freaking Kobe bryant with how many rings? Wade has 1. nice try though.

shizzle09
07-06-2010, 06:26 PM
According to Forbes, Kobe made $33,718,750 in 2007, including 62% ($20.9M) in endorsements. With a contract extension where he'll be making about 30 mil a year, he will be making way over 20 Mil in endorsements.. and Kobe is the tied as second highest paid athletes

link?