PDA

View Full Version : Should 2 players on the same team be allowed to have max contracts?

JordansBulls
07-06-2010, 11:19 AM
Is there a team in the league right now that has 2 players with max contracts?

I think the Lakers are close, but I'm not sure if Gasol is a max contract or not.

I don't think Pierce is a max contract for Boston either.

Thoughts!!!

ManRam
07-06-2010, 11:26 AM
I'm pretty sure max contracts (the percentages they're based on) are set up so that teams can have 2 max players comfortably...and that three would make things tough.

Orlando has 3. Vince, Lewis and Howard all have max contracts.

I think Kenyon Martin was signed to a max deal, if not- it was very close. So Denver has 2. Utah has 2 in AK47 and Deron. LA does have 2 in Gasol and Kobe. That's all I can think of off the top of my head.

Kakaroach
07-06-2010, 11:28 AM
Yeah I think Manrammy hit it on the head. As long as you have their bird rights you can go over the soft cap with 2 or 3 max contracts and not have too many problems.

dstruong
07-06-2010, 11:28 AM
max contracts of different degrees... reshard and dwight have max contracts respectively.

yao and t mac both were maxed last year... neither of which played lol....

two max free agents are fine... but 3 would make the league look really bad.... it would reduce the league to 4-5 great teams (big market) and everyone else....

bbblack40
07-06-2010, 11:38 AM
Lakers have bynum, gasol, and kobe all at max contracts. celtics rondo is at his max, kg,ray, and paul were at there maxes. if the owner is willing to pay it then there should b no problem.