PDA

View Full Version : LeBron is trying to convince Bosh to come to Cleveland

nysportsfan02
07-06-2010, 10:31 AM
LeBron James wants to stay in Cleveland and he wants Chris Bosh to join him. That, according to ESPN's Chris Broussard, who made the assertion this morning on ESPNRadio's Mike and Mike in the Morning program. According to Broussard, part of the reason there has been a delay in LeBron's announcement is he is trying to convince Bish to come to Cleveland with him. That could only happen, of course, if the Toronto Raptors worked out a sign-and-trade for Bosh with the Cavaliers.

Bosh had reportedly stated that, while he did want to play with James, it had to be in Chicago or Miami. Bosh wants to grow is brand, and feels that can only happen in a bigger market. Perhaps, but Bosh should look no further than LeBron himself to see that big cities are no longer necessary when it comes to global icon status.

"It can happen, it's just a matter of convincing Chris Bosh to agree to it," Broussard said on the show, referring to the Cavaliers ability to strike a deal with the Raptors.

Hypothetically, any deal the Cavaliers make with Toronto would likely include multiple picks and players such as Anderson Varejao, J.J. Hickson and Delonte West.

Broussard just before on ESPN that Bosh doesn't like the idea he would have to play center there and he doesn't want to play there. This why LBJ has delayed the decision.

So what if Bosh won't go there?

Melo15
07-06-2010, 10:35 AM
Well like you said it all depends on if the Cavs can get a center to play with them which is possible. I'm sure that if they can convince Bosh to come in a sign and trade then they can convince Haywood to take the full MLE to come play with those two.

Jays Claw
07-06-2010, 10:39 AM
A package of J.J Hickson, Delonte West, Anderson Varejao and draft picks intrigue me. However, it won't intrigue Bryan Colangelo. He has stated before that the Raptors aren't taking back bad contracts. (Which would eliminate Anderson Varejao from this deal.)

To Toronto:

- J.J Hickson (PF)

- Delonte West (SG)

- Multiple draft picks

To Cleveland:

- Chris Bosh (PF)

giventofly
07-06-2010, 10:40 AM
link?

Giaps
07-06-2010, 10:41 AM
LBJ will regret signing in Cleveland IMO from a basketball standpoint. Unless they can upgrade their roster, you would think he has a better chance to win in NY, NJ, CHI or MIA if they keep Wade.

Jays Claw
07-06-2010, 10:41 AM
To Toronto:

- J.J Hickson (PF)

- Delonte West (SG)

- Multiple draft picks

To Cleveland:

- Chris Bosh (PF)

In my opinion, the Raptors could do a lot better.

J4KOP99
07-06-2010, 10:42 AM
What the hell do the Cavs have to use in a sign and trade for Chris Bosh? I doubt this is true and even then... you're going to have to give up a lot if you are the Cavs. Are Lebron and Bosh on the Cavs going to be any better than what they had last year when you factor in what they will lose?

LTBaByyy
07-06-2010, 10:44 AM
so Jamison coming off the bench>???

He has to be a Center if hes coming to the Cavs

AllTimeBest
07-06-2010, 10:44 AM
Do the Cav's have enough cap? And what would this mean for Jameson? I would think he would want a better SG rather then big man. I like Jameson on that team.

S-Dot
07-06-2010, 10:45 AM
I don't really know if Bosh is the right person for LeBron to target if this is true. Bosh doesn't seem as if Cleveland was even thought of as an option for him to play next season, and I highly doubt they would use him at Center.

Melo15
07-06-2010, 10:47 AM
I don't really know if Bosh is the right person for LeBron to target if this is true. Bosh doesn't seem as if Cleveland was even thought of as an option for him to play next season, and I highly doubt they would use him at Center.

Well we all know that they can't target Boozer lol

Cubsfan365
07-06-2010, 10:49 AM
If Bosh decides to go to Cleveland with LeBron and Toronto agrees to a sign-and-trade, does that basically mean that Wade is bolting from Miami or no?

Unruly Fan
Realistically imo the best place for Bosh to play is in Chicago. He'd fill the PF void, get help from Noah inside and have Rose as a playmaker. Bom bom.

Draco
link?

Raptors have told Cavs they would do a sign-and-trade with them for Bosh. Cavs and LeBron working to convince Bosh to join them in Cleveland

http://twitter.com/Chris_Broussard

How great would it be if people would stop quoting real gm...

S-Dot

that's definitely true. I think he should look at some other good players who will be/ or are already on the trading block.

J4KOP99

Could you imagine that? Boozer re-signs and shows up as if nothing happened. I think that's how much the Cavs are willing to suck LeBron's dick though. If LeBron said, "get me boozer" they would do their best to do it.(I don't know if I could blame them though... the part about getting Boozer. Not sucking LeBrons dick)

DaBUU
07-06-2010, 10:50 AM

The Raptors dont have a say in where Bosh goes, so if he decides to go to the Cavs this would have to be the deal they take or let him walk for nothing.

camador22
07-06-2010, 10:51 AM
There is no convincing Bosh to go to Cleveland. Look for the Cavs to make some moves soon. Maybe a Chris Paul deal could be in the works.

giventofly
07-06-2010, 10:51 AM
If Bosh decides to go to Cleveland with LeBron and Toronto agrees to a sign-and-trade, does that basically mean that Wade is bolting from Miami or no?
I'd say it'd almost be a 100% guarantee that Wade goes to Chicago if LeBron and Bosh team up.

Weezy
07-06-2010, 10:53 AM
The Raptors dont have a say in where Bosh goes, so if he decides to go to the Cavs this would have to be the deal they take or let him walk for nothing.

Interesting. Didnt Tor deny Houston's package?

sintaks12
07-06-2010, 10:53 AM
I'd say it'd almost be a 100% guarantee that Wade goes to Chicago if LeBron and Bosh team up.

Poor Riley.

Raidaz4Life
07-06-2010, 10:54 AM
Just sign somewhere already!!!

Melo15

Agreed, I could see them then trying to make a move for Boozer as well

Cubsfan365
He cannot sign outright with the Cavs and leave them with nothing. The Cavs don't have the cap room to just sign Bosh. They need the sign-and-trade in order for things to work out financially

Cubsfan365
07-06-2010, 10:55 AM
That's what I was thinking, or possibly Miami brings back Wade and gets Boozer to join him.

Weezy
07-06-2010, 10:55 AM

Yea I am going to have to agree with this...but what I have noticed from this years FA is that Bosh is looking for money and he will only go to wherever he wants to go. Bosh wants to play PF also.... I can't see this happening. I see Bosh going to either MIA or Houston.

mike_noodles
07-06-2010, 10:58 AM
Broussard just before on ESPN that Bosh doesn't like the idea he would have to play center there and he doesn't want to play there. This why LBJ has delayed the decision.

Why do people (not saying you, but in the report) think that the Raps are willing to take back other teams' crap for Bosh, I thought B-Co made it very clear they weren't interested in taking crap back, I don't care what the rest of the world thinks, but Varejao is not a starter in the NBA, Hickson is highly overrated and Delonte West is just another bench player, not one of those players would start for the Raps, so IMO this is not enough, which could really be the hold up. And any picks coming back from the Cavs in this deal would end up being in the late twenties anyways, so they are also next to worthless at this point.

It also mentions about Bosh going to a larger market, well someone needs a geography lesson, because there are only 3 larger NBA markets then Toronto, NY, LA and Chicago, don't believe me, look it up.

Hindy27
07-06-2010, 10:59 AM
They're not shopping him for the best price, the Raptors pretty much have to take what they can get. S&T deals rarely have an equal talent swap, it's usually very skewed.

IMO though if I were the Raptors I'd call Bosh's bluff and refuse a S&T until they get a decent deal. That way you either get a good return for Bosh or the other team refuse and you know you've screwed Bosh out of all that extra money, punishment for leaving, and being greedy.

Still though the other team has the power, they just offer a take it or leave it deal, if it's refused then they just sign Bosh anyway. The biggest loser will be either the Raptors or Bosh himself, not his new team.

Melo15
07-06-2010, 10:59 AM
Yea I am going to have to agree with this...but what I have noticed from this years FA is that Bosh is looking for money and he will only go to wherever he wants to go. Bosh wants to play PF also.... I can't see this happening. I see Bosh going to either MIA or Houston.

I think Houston is definately the best fit with Yao Ming playing center. However, you have to think he's worried about Yao's health and how effective he's going to be coming back this year and Cleveland is very interested in Brendan Haywood. If they can convince Haywood to sign then I think Cleveland would be a good fit for Bosh, that is a big if though.

AllTimeBest
07-06-2010, 11:00 AM

It certainly wouldn't help Miami's bid to keep him.

philab
07-06-2010, 11:01 AM
A package of J.J Hickson, Delonte West, Anderson Varejao and draft picks intrigue me. However, it won't intrigue Bryan Colangelo. He has stated before that the Raptors aren't taking back bad contracts. (Which would eliminate Anderson Varejao from this deal.)

To Toronto:

- J.J Hickson (PF)

- Delonte West (SG)

- Multiple draft picks

To Cleveland:

- Chris Bosh (PF)

Oh, wow. I thought Varejao would be key to the deal. His contract really isn't THAT awful. Way too much of a deal was made about it last year. And hell, he earned every penny this year. That the contract goes for another four years may justifiably scare a GM -- since Varejao is an energy player and that energy may fade -- but I wouldn't really hesitate on Varejao because of his contract.

Anyway, I hope you're right. I'll give up anyone on the team not named James or Varejao to get Bosh. Donezo.

It's better to get something than nothing, no?

Right now, the Raptors are looking at no compensation for Bosh, save the cap space. A sign-and-trade would net them a few players and some draft picks. The deal may look lopsided if Bosh were under contract, but he's not. The Raptors would have very little bargaining power.

Melo15
Why do people (not saying you, but in the report) think that the Raps are willing to take back other teams' crap for Bosh, I thought B-Co made it very clear they weren't interested in taking crap back, I don't care what the rest of the world thinks, but Varejao is not a starter in the NBA, Hickson is highly overrated and Delonte West is just another bench player, not one of those players would start for the Raps, so IMO this is not enough, which could really be the hold up. And any picks coming back from the Cavs in this deal would end up being in the late twenties anyways, so they are also next to worthless at this point.

I'm sure the Cavs would be trying to take back one of the big contracts on your team too, like Turkoglu or Calderon to try and make it work. Gilbert has shown the ability to spend to try and help the team win.

Thisisouryear!!
He cannot sign outright with the Cavs and leave them with nothing. The Cavs don't have the cap room to just sign Bosh. They need the sign-and-trade in order for things to work out financially

This.

If bosh wants to go to cleveland and cleveland want him they could ask for w.e they want....because cleveland cant sign him straight up....they could say give us your next 5 year first round pick, JJ hickson, delonte west, and verajo or jamison

dstruong
07-06-2010, 11:02 AM
bosh is going to Houston, Miami, Chicago or New jersey... These are the only cities that can offer him a PF position.

mikantsass
I love how Broussard reports something new everyday, with each report completely contradicting what he said the previous day

giventofly
Poor Riley.

Agreed, I could see them then trying to make a move for Boozer as well

That's what I was thinking, or possibly Miami brings back Wade and gets Boozer to join him.

And the funny thing about it is that, even though LeBron stayed loyal AND brought in an elite player to help him out to reasonably try to win a championship, he'd still lose to the Bulls every year.

Rose/Wade/Deng/Boozer/Noah? Sorry LeBron.

AntwanN21
07-06-2010, 11:03 AM

In this case Bosh cannot go to Cleveland, they do not have the money for him. Colangelo does not need to accept a trade to Cleveland to help Bosh out.

giventofly
07-06-2010, 11:03 AM
I love how Broussard reports something new everyday, with each report completely contradicting what he said the previous day
Such is the life of a reporter. They don't care how correct they are, they just want to have something out there at all times for people to read so that you keep coming back for more.

I hate the way media has become, but it is what it is. No integrity anymore.

philab
07-06-2010, 11:05 AM
And the funny thing about it is that, even though LeBron stayed loyal AND brought in an elite player to help him out to reasonably try to win a championship, he'd still lose to the Bulls every year.

Rose/Wade/Deng/Boozer/Noah? Sorry LeBron.

You think that team would beat the Cavs with Bosh and LeBron? And EVERY year?

giventofly
07-06-2010, 11:07 AM
8 or 9 times out of 10, yeah. The Cavs are straight trash.

Melo15
07-06-2010, 11:07 AM
Broussard on ESPN just said the Raptors have told the Cavs they would do a deal with them and also said the Raptors don't want to do a deal with Miami. Take it for what its worth.

Also said Wade is trying to recruit for Miami again, also take it for what its worth lol

Weezy
07-06-2010, 11:08 AM
broussard on espn just said the raptors have told the cavs they would do a deal with them and also said the raptors don't want to do a deal with miami. Take it for what its worth.

Also said wade is trying to recruit for miami again, also take it for what its worth lol

lol.

koreancabbage
07-06-2010, 11:08 AM

agreed. like WTF?

Corey
07-06-2010, 11:09 AM
Didn't Toronto go on record as saying they wouldn't help Bosh go to another team by trading him? I thought they made a S/T offlimits?

dstruong

yes

chi has upper hand at pg, sg, C.

while boozer would almost neutralize everything bosh did... (put up similar numbers)

and lebron would have the advantage on deng.

chi would beat cle 9/10 times.

J4KOP99
Broussard on ESPN just said the Raptors have told the Cavs they would do a deal with them and also said the Raptors don't want to do a deal with Miami. Take it for what its worth.

Also said Wade is trying to recruit for Miami again, also take it for what its worth lol

Somehow Broussard knows EVERYTHING while everyone else can't figure out anything. How does he do it?

Melo15
07-06-2010, 11:11 AM
To the people saying Bulls would then beat Cavs 9/10 times, depends a lot on how well Rose and Wade would mesh

koreancabbage
07-06-2010, 11:11 AM

with Lebron and Bosh?

first and foremost, Rose, Deng and Noah would be doing nothing on that team. Rose's scoring and assist would take a dive. Deng would be just obsolete and Noah would just be playing defense.

Boozer and Wade both need the ball in their hands all the time to be successful. Boozer more the black hole than Wade but come on. good team on paper, horrible product on the court.

At least Lebron is willing to pass.

philab
07-06-2010, 11:13 AM

Yeah, 126 wins in two years is straight trash. And then throw in one of the best big men in the game? Godawful.

Plus, wouldn't Chicago have to clear cap space (i.e., Deng) to grab Wade AND Boozer?

(On an interesting side note, "godawful" is not squiggly-underlined in my browser. Must be a word.)

Cubsfan365
07-06-2010, 11:13 AM
Now, if Wade and Bosh team up in Miami, as Prokorov seems to believe, does that make LeBron to Chicago a done deal?

giventofly
07-06-2010, 11:14 AM
with Lebron and Bosh?

first and foremost, Rose, Deng and Noah would be doing nothing on that team. Rose's scoring and assist would take a dive. Deng would be just obsolete and Noah would just be playing defense.

Boozer and Wade both need the ball in their hands all the time to be successful. Boozer more the black hole than Wade but come on. good team on paper, horrible product on the court.

At least Lebron is willing to pass.
Are you forgetting everything the Cavs would have to give up to actually acquire Bosh?

Bosh needs the ball in his hands to be effective as well, LeBron not so much. I just don't think any team can get it done with just two players.

And you act like there are only 30 attempts for an entire team per game. Yes, Wade and Rose need the ball to be effective, but there is plenty of time and attempts to go around....an ideal amount? Probably not, but still enough for them to play well.

giventofly
07-06-2010, 11:14 AM
Now, if Wade and Bosh team up in Miami, as Prokorov seems to believe, does that make LeBron to Chicago a done deal?
I would agree with that.

giventofly
07-06-2010, 11:15 AM
Yeah, 126 wins in two years is straight trash. And then throw in one of the best big men in the game? Godawful.

Plus, wouldn't Chicago have to clear cap space (i.e., Deng) to grab Wade AND Boozer?

(On an interesting side note, "godawful" is not squiggly-underlined in my browser. Must be a word.)
The team would have to be dismantled to actually acquire Bosh in the first place. They'd be left with crap.

Plus, any team that LeBron is on is going to get 50-55 wins every year. Big deal.

JordansBulls
07-06-2010, 11:16 AM
Bosh isn't a center, neither is Amare.

dstruong

chi is 30+ mil under the cap. boozer will not command max money, so chi would still have some money to spend after getting wade and boozer...

philab
yes

chi has upper hand at pg, sg, C.

while boozer would almost neutralize everything bosh did... (put up similar numbers)

and lebron would have the advantage on deng.

chi would beat cle 9/10 times.

The position-by-position breakdowns are always the dumbest analysis. Why do PSD posters love to do that? LeBron and four 6 year-olds would destroy five 10 year-olds in a game, but the latter team would win the position-by-position breakdown. And have you ever heard of a thing called synergy?

I know that hypo-Bulls team would be awesome. And I'm not saying they couldn't or wouldn't be the hypo-Cavs. Nine times out of ten though? That's ridiculous. Some people are vastly overestimating Deng, Wade, and Boozer at this stage in their respective careers.

giventofly
07-06-2010, 11:18 AM
The position-by-position breakdowns are always the dumbest analysis. Why do PSD posters love to do that? LeBron and four 6 year-olds would destroy five 10 year-olds in a game, but the latter team would win the position-by-position breakdown. And have you ever heard of a thing called synergy?

I know that hypo-Bulls team would be awesome. And I'm not saying they couldn't or wouldn't be the hypo-Cavs. Nine times out of ten though? That's ridiculous. Some people are vastly overestimating Deng, Wade, and Boozer at this stage in their respective careers.
Trust me...I'm about as down on Wade as anybody in the Bulls forum, but that team would destroy.

defender4m
07-06-2010, 11:18 AM
i sense bulls fans are getting angry?!?

philab
07-06-2010, 11:19 AM
The team would have to be dismantled to actually acquire Bosh in the first place. They'd be left with crap.

Plus, any team that LeBron is on is going to get 50-55 wins every year. Big deal.

Says who? The Raptors may just be looking for cap space and a few young-ish pieces. Hickson, West, picks? Throw in Mo if you want. Hell, we'll take Calderon's contract off their hands.

And you say the Cavs team is garbage, but then you talk about how awful it would be for that team to be dismantled? You can't have it both ways.

Draco
And here's the espn article...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?campaign=rss&ex_cid=Twitter_espn_5357607&id=5357607&source=twitter

giventofly
i sense bulls fans are getting angry?!?
Na...for the most part, I think we're all just upset with the constant crap that these journalists are coming up with.

philab
07-06-2010, 11:20 AM
Trust me...I'm about as down on Wade as anybody in the Bulls forum, but that team would destroy.

Oh, I know that team would destroy. My point is that that Cavs team would destroy as well.

dstruong
07-06-2010, 11:22 AM

we are talking about nba players here...... comparing NBA players to children is the dumbest comparision out there. bput lebron with 4 newborns and he would still beat and he would beat any group of high school kids. Its understood that lebron is the best player in the nba. but as you can see in the playoffs he cannot do it by him self.

giventofly
07-06-2010, 11:22 AM
Oh, I know that team would destroy. My point is that that Cavs team would destroy as well.
Absolutely, the Cavs would dominate, and we'd almost definitely be the 1-2 seeds for a few years. I'm just saying, I'm not sure those Cavs could match up with a team basically full of all-stars.

defender4m
07-06-2010, 11:24 AM
Na...for the most part, I think we're all just upset with the constant crap that these journalists are coming up with.

Yea im just messin with u guys bc u gotta admit at times its pretty funny. But i feel the same way as u guys. these analysts come up with new stories every single day and broussard especially. I cant wait for this whole thing to be over with, with or without my nets getting anyone big.

CowboysKB24
07-06-2010, 11:25 AM
Realistically imo the best place for Bosh to play is in Chicago. He'd fill the PF void, get help from Noah inside and have Rose as a playmaker. Bom bom.

Wade and Bosh is Chicago would be ideal.

philab
07-06-2010, 11:26 AM
we are talking about nba players here...... comparing NBA players to children is the dumbest comparision out there. bput lebron with 4 newborns and he would still beat and he would beat any group of high school kids. Its understood that lebron is the best player in the nba. but as you can see in the playoffs he cannot do it by him self.

It's called an illustration. Clearly you failed to grasp the point.

I'll help you out: Just because a team wins the hypothetical position-by-position breakdown does not mean that team is the better team. My illustration had one team losing the breakdown 1-4, but that team is clearly the better team. Get it?

giventofly
07-06-2010, 11:26 AM
Yea im just messin with u guys bc u gotta admit at times its pretty funny. But i feel the same way as u guys. these analysts come up with new stories every single day and broussard especially. I cant wait for this whole thing to be over with, with or without my nets getting anyone big.
You guys are going to get somebody, I'm just not sure it'll be LeBron. I'm thinking more like Lee or Boozer.

TO to the CHI
07-06-2010, 11:27 AM
Says who? The Raptors may just be looking for cap space and a few young-ish pieces. Hickson, West, picks? Throw in Mo if you want. Hell, we'll take Calderon's contract off their hands.

And you say the Cavs team is garbage, but then you talk about how awful it would be for that team to be dismantled? You can't have it both ways.

That's the problem. The Cavs don't have any cap space for Bosh, so the Raps would have to take some players back and not just a TPE. In the same vein, the Cavs taking Calderon would require more players to go back to T.O. I am not saying it is impossible, but the Raps would have to absorb some pretty bad contracts.

giventofly
07-06-2010, 11:27 AM
Wade and Bosh is Chicago would be ideal.
Highly disagree with that.

I want to keep Wade as a plan C right about now, because him and Rose are completely similar players.

LeBron and Bosh/Boozer/Lee would be ideal. Hell, if we got LeBron, I'd almost rather have Lee than anyone.

footballer2369
07-06-2010, 11:28 AM

no...cavs don't have cap space so the Raps would have all the leverage here.

I'd say that's pretty terrible oddsmaking...

philab
07-06-2010, 11:28 AM
Absolutely, the Cavs would dominate, and we'd almost definitely be the 1-2 seeds for a few years. I'm just saying, I'm not sure those Cavs could match up with a team basically full of all-stars.

All right, I can at least stomach that.

I have my doubts regarding Wade in team ball at this point in his career. He'd still wreak havoc and that team would destroy ... I'm just saying that team would be significantly worse than the sum of its parts.

defender4m
07-06-2010, 11:30 AM
You guys are going to get somebody, I'm just not sure it'll be LeBron. I'm thinking more like Lee or Boozer.

yea most likely, im just tired of hearing all of this fake speculation and everything.

Melo15
Highly disagree with that.

I want to keep Wade as a plan C right about now, because him and Rose are completely similar players.

LeBron and Bosh/Boozer/Lee would be ideal. Hell, if we got LeBron, I'd almost rather have Lee than anyone.

LeBron and Rose aren't really a good fit together either in my opinion. Both need to have the ball in their hands to be effective and LeBron likely would diminish Rose's value on the court. I do realize though that it is impossible for us to speculate on how well they would play together though until we actually see it happen.

philab
That's the problem. The Cavs don't have any cap space for Bosh, so the Raps would have to take some players back and not just a TPE. In the same vein, the Cavs taking Calderon would require more players to go back to T.O. I am not saying it is impossible, but the Raps would have to absorb some pretty bad contracts.

You can go over the cap in trades. Yeah, the Cavs would have to match Bosh's new salary in sending players away, but they have the rights to Z, Shaq, and Wally. Jamison could go too, but I doubt the Raptors would really want him.

giventofly
All right, I can at least stomach that.

I have my doubts regarding Wade in team ball at this point in his career. He'd still wreak havoc and that team would destroy ... I'm just saying that team would be significantly worse than the sum of its parts.
Yeah, I definitely agree with that too. My doubts about Wade just can't be hidden at this point.

Gibby23
07-06-2010, 11:31 AM

Not really. Andy is a good player with a decent contracr. West has 1 year and is an expiring. They can throw Telfair in the deal and sign and trade Green or Wally to make up the 3 million left it would take to get Bosh.

giventofly
07-06-2010, 11:31 AM
LeBron and Rose aren't really a good fit together either in my opinion. Both need to have the ball in their hands to be effective and LeBron likely would diminish Rose's value on the court. I do realize though that it is impossible for us to speculate on how well they would play together though until we actually see it happen.
You say LeBron and Rose wouldn't fit good because LeBron needs the ball, but then you say Wade and Rose would fit? That doesn't make any sense.

I have much more confidence in LeBron to pass and share the rock and adjust his game to the needs of the team than Wade.

dstruong
07-06-2010, 11:32 AM
It's called an illustration. Clearly you failed to grasp the point.

I'll help you out: Just because a team wins the hypothetical position-by-position breakdown does not mean that team is the better team. My illustration had one team losing the breakdown 1-4, but that team is clearly the better team. Get it?

so hypothetical, lebron and amare would be better then bosh, since amare doesn't need the ball in his hand to be effective as bosh does. bosh would take touches away from lebron.. so hypothetical, the bosh and lebron combo would also fail....

Draco
yea most likely, im just tired of hearing all of this fake speculation and everything.

how do you know it's fake? I think you're expecting consistency in a fluid free agent market.

footballer2369
chi is 30+ mil under the cap. boozer will not command max money, so chi would still have some money to spend after getting wade and boozer...

never heard of cap holds i suppose...

philab
07-06-2010, 11:33 AM
so hypothetical, lebron and amare would be better then bosh, since amare doesn't need the ball in his hand to be effective as bosh does. bosh would take touches away from lebron.. so hypothetical, the bosh and lebron combo would also fail....

You need a course in logic.

Even assuming that Amar'e and LeBron would be better than Bosh and LeBron, that does not mean that Bosh and LeBron would fail.

Raidaz4Life
07-06-2010, 11:34 AM
You say LeBron and Rose wouldn't fit good because LeBron needs the ball, but then you say Wade and Rose would fit? That doesn't make any sense.

I have much more confidence in LeBron to pass and share the rock and adjust his game to the needs of the team than Wade.

Wade has the talent to play a more traditional shooting guard role, Lebron cannot be effective unless he has the ball in his hands at all times.

That being said I don't think Wade or Lebron would make a good fit for Rose. I think JJ would have made the best wingman and of course a big would be more than ideal.

Double_R
07-06-2010, 11:34 AM
according to ESPN's Chris Broussard, who made the assertion this morning on ESPNRadio's Mike and Mike in the Morning program.

I believe nothing from Broussard; guy is a joke, an ESPN ratings puppet

philab
07-06-2010, 11:35 AM
Not really. Andy is a good player with a decent contracr. West has 1 year and is an expiring. They can throw Telfair in the deal and sign and trade Green or Wally to make up the 3 million left it would take to get Bosh.

As long as they don't trade Hot 'wad Williams.

Melo15
07-06-2010, 11:36 AM

I didn't say that Wade and Rose would fit :confused:

But now that you mention it I do think that Wade and Rose would mesh better. Wade is better at moving without the ball than LeBron from the games that I have seen.

I personally don't think either really mesh well with Rose though.

tjlipford
07-06-2010, 11:37 AM
Once again any report about the Cavs getting Lebron back or trying to acquire a big name FA everybody talks ****.

They say we suck etc.... Yea whatever. Yall just wait and see, just wait.

All these teams who have been tanking there seasons and getting rid of all these players will look stupid when he doesn't come there.

No one hardly wants Lebron in Cleveland.

I still don't know what he is going to do but if he leaves Cleveland then he goes to Chicago IMO. The rest of these teams like the Heat, NY and NJ just suck so why would he go there.

We have a new coach, new system and I would bet anybody that if he stays that the Cavs would make some moves. Keep countin us out though.

giventofly
Wade has the talent to play a more traditional shooting guard role, Lebron cannot be effective unless he has the ball in his hands at all times.

That being said I don't think Wade or Lebron would make a good fit for Rose. I think JJ would have made the best wingman and of course a big would be more than ideal.
Johnson may have been a great fit, but he would have been a stupid decision. $100 billion million dollars for him is just unacceptable.

Melo15

+1, I don't think either fit well with Rose but I would think Wade would fit with him better.

Madness23
I believe nothing from Broussard; guy is a joke, an ESPN ratings puppet

wake me up when something CONCRETE happens :D

philab
Lebron cannot be effective unless he has the ball in his hands at all times.

I really, really doubt that. Truth is, LeBron's supporting cast has always been so bad that he's always been required to dominate the ball. So really, we have no clue.

With his size, athleticism, and skill package, I really doubt that he'd be ineffective off the ball.

Melo15
07-06-2010, 11:39 AM
Once again any report about the Cavs getting Lebron back or trying to acquire a big name FA everybody talks ****.

All these teams who have been tanking there seasons and getting rid of all these players will look stupid when he doesn't come there.

I still don't know what he is going to do but if he leaves Cleveland then he goes to Chicago IMO. The rest of these teams like the Heat, NY and NJ just suck so why would he go there.

We have a new coach, new system and I would bet anybody that if he stays that the Cavs would make some moves. Keep countin us out though.

It seems like nobody wants to believe anything they hear about him going back to Cleveland because it's not the "sexy" pick. We've talked about it at times how fans of teams that LeBron has never even played for seem like they feel entitled to him and that he has to go to their team. I think Cleveland has a chance to have a huge offseason.

giventofly
07-06-2010, 11:40 AM
I really, really doubt that. Truth is, LeBron's supporting cast has always been so bad that he's always been required to dominate the ball. So really, we have no clue.

With his size, athleticism, and skill package, I really doubt that he'd be ineffective off the ball.
Same with Rose. He's been the scorer on the Bulls because he HAD to be. Nobody else was going to do it, so he took over.

shep33
If Bosh goes to Cleveland, I'm guessing Wade is out of Miami... unless they maybe get Boozer, but in that case why not go to Chicago or NYC?

Chicago has a good roster with no 2 guard, and the Knicks got Amare yesterday.

I still think Bosh ends up in Miami with Wade, but if he goes to Houston on Cleveland, I think Wade is out of Miami which means disaster for the Heat.

twoearl

I agree. If I were the Bulls I'd say screw Bron and go all in for Bosh. With Bosh on that team with a shooter or two they could win the East.

I still dont really think Rose and Bron can co-exist, they games are very similar. Rose will not excel as a catch and shoot type guy playing off of lebron.

Draco
07-06-2010, 11:41 AM

He probably wouldn't want to go those destinations.. but I think Broussard has been more or less accurate in his reporting. Players have been recruiting for teams and teams have been recruiting players.. these players and teams have their own agendas that don't necessarily all line up.

Among the big three, except for Bosh.. Wade and Bron would probably prefer to stay with their teams.

Bosh wants a max, Miami can't deliver a 3 star team and provide max contracts... so that's a problem

Bosh wants a big market, Cleveland isn't a big market and even if they were they might not have the assets TOR wants in a S&T (althought Broussard reports they're interested so maybe it's more about Bosh wanting a big market)

Melo15
07-06-2010, 11:43 AM
I agree. If I were the Bulls I'd say screw Bron and go all in for Bosh. With Bosh on that team with a shooter or two they could win the East.

I still dont really think Rose and Bron can co-exist, they games are very similar. Rose will not excel as a catch and shoot type guy playing off of lebron.

I think the best fit for the Bulls would be getting Bosh and Ray Allen. Giving Rose a guy who can capitalize on most of the open looks he creates for him as well as getting a high scoring big would be huge. That team would become an instant contender in my opinion.

Gibby23
07-06-2010, 11:44 AM

It doesn't matter. He should have the ball in his hands, he is one of the best passers in the NBA. I think with Scott as coach, The Cavs are going to run alot more and Lebron is going to be used like Magic was. Bosh would be a great fit because he is athletic and runs the floor.

dstruong
07-06-2010, 11:44 AM
You need a course in logic.

Even assuming that Amar'e and LeBron would be better than Bosh and LeBron, that does not mean that Bosh and LeBron would fail.

that is my point, your own point can be used against you, bosh and lebron could not work just as the wade and boozer scenario.

Melo15
07-06-2010, 11:45 AM
It doesn't matter. He should have the ball in his hands, he is one of the best passers in the NBA. I think with Scott as coach, The Cavs are going to run alot more and Lebron is going to be used like Magic was. Bosh would be a great fit because he is athletic and runs the floor.

Well said

Draco
07-06-2010, 11:45 AM
I think the best fit for the Bulls would be getting Bosh and Ray Allen. Giving Rose a guy who can capitalize on most of the open looks he creates for him as well as getting a high scoring big would be huge. That team would become an instant contender in my opinion.

Allen would need a ventilator on the bench if he were playing with Rose.

shep33
07-06-2010, 11:47 AM

Completely agree. Ray is still very capable of playing big minutes, the guy is a freak of nature when it comes to conditioning.

The ChILL
07-06-2010, 11:48 AM
If Bosh goes to Cleveland, I'm guessing Wade is out of Miami... unless they maybe get Boozer, but in that case why not go to Chicago or NYC?

Chicago has a good roster with no 2 guard, and the Knicks got Amare yesterday.

I still think Bosh ends up in Miami with Wade, but if he goes to Houston on Cleveland, I think Wade is out of Miami which means disaster for the Heat.

I said something to this effect early in the FA period. By all accounts Bosh wants the 6 year max and can only get through a S&T. If the Raptors want to send him to the WC then you would assume the Rockets would put together the best package. If they like the Cavs offer the best from all EC teams then it might pressure DWade to come to Chicago with some like Boozer.

philab
07-06-2010, 11:49 AM
Did anyone actually ever post the ESPN article?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5357607

A lot more promising from a Cavs perspective than I'd thought, surprisingly. That makes the negotiations sound pretty pretty well developed.

PrettyBoyJ
07-06-2010, 11:50 AM
what bout jamison nd they should get rid of mo as well

philab
07-06-2010, 11:53 AM
that is my point, your own point can be used against you, bosh and lebron could not work just as the wade and boozer scenario.

No, my point can't be used against me. My point was that position-by-position breakdowns are stupid and useless. Your confusing posts did not refute that.

_Supreme_
07-06-2010, 11:53 AM
Broussard's "news" I just as reliable as all the other stuff we have seen these past days. In other words: it's not.

I honestly don't see any player on the Cavs roster who could be interesting to the Raptors.
If Toronto wanted a salary dump they could just let Bosh walk, so that means they must want a specific player on the Cavs roster. They also don't want bad contracts, so that leaves either insignificant players or Hickson, who is interesting, but is he thé reason for Toronto to want to do a S&T with Cleveland and not with some of the other teams (like Houston)?

There is no logic here for Toronto, so I am not convinced this information is entirely accurate.

tjlipford
07-06-2010, 11:54 AM
He probably wouldn't want to go those destinations.. but I think Broussard has been more or less accurate in his reporting. Players have been recruiting for teams and teams have been recruiting players.. these players and teams have their own agendas that don't necessarily all line up.

Among the big three, except for Bosh.. Wade and Bron would probably prefer to stay with their teams.

Bosh wants a max, Miami can't deliver a 3 star team and provide max contracts... so that's a problem

Bosh wants a big market, Cleveland isn't a big market and even if they were they might not have the assets TOR wants in a S&T (althought Broussard reports they're interested so maybe it's more about Bosh wanting a big market)

I gotta agree. If he just wants to go to a big market then he should just sign with Chicago because they can sign him.

But he wants the money and the bulls would probably have to use Noah if they consider a sign & trade with Toronto. The Bulls don't want to include Noah because u don't really want Bosh as your starting center.

His options are limited and Toronto is already starting to get upset with this dude.

He'll get more endorsements if he wins. If Toronto wants to sign & trade with Cleveland he gets the max deal, the chance for a title for many years and he will always be in the spotlight playing with Lebron because he is always on tv.

I don't see the confusion

stuckinMJsHADOW
07-06-2010, 11:54 AM
Take him...I started this offseason wanting bosh and lebron in a bulls uniform. Im now hoping for boozer and wade thinking they would make a better team with noah and rose

Slimsim
07-06-2010, 11:55 AM
So is this a sign that LBJ is planning on staying in Cleveland ?

Gibby23
07-06-2010, 11:56 AM
Broussard's "news" I just as reliable as all the other stuff we have seen these past days. In other words: it's not.

I honestly don't see any player on the Cavs roster who could be interesting to the Raptors.
If Toronto wanted a salary dump they could just let Bosh walk, so that means they must want a specific player on the Cavs roster. They also don't want bad contracts, so that leaves either insignificant players or Hickson, who is interesting, but is he thé reason for Toronto to want to do a S&T with Cleveland and not with some of the other teams (like Houston)?

There is no logic here for Toronto, so I am not convinced this information is entirely accurate.

They wouldn't get bad players. They get a great defender in Andy and a good young player in Hickson plus a draft pick. The rest are just expirings to make money match.

philab
07-06-2010, 11:57 AM

I'm not saying it's enough for the Raptors to get involved, but getting Hickson, Green, and West (plus any salary dump) for nothing is nice. Worst case scenario you pay West (and the dump) for a season and take cheap flyers on Hickson and Green.

It's not great, but it's pretty low risk. Considering the alternative (i.e., nothing), it's not awful. They can't just sit on ALL that cap space -- they have to pay someone.

_Supreme_
07-06-2010, 11:58 AM
It is also typical that ESPN all of a sudden reports this. It is like they are running out of fresh stories, so they are going to come up with something new every day.

Tomorrow we'll probably hear the Mavericks have a sign & trade ready with Toronto, and all that has to happen is Bosh approving of it :rolleyes:

tjlipford
07-06-2010, 12:00 PM

Without going in to detail we could relieve them of cap space of up to 5-7 million the first year alone. That's what most trades are about. The Raptors know they will be terrible without Bosh but they would have some cap room.

If we trade West and the team releases him before August 5 then they would only have to pay him 600k instead of the 4.5 million that he is due next year. It's other little things that people just don't know about either so it can happen

giventofly
07-06-2010, 12:01 PM
This is probably a sign that we won't know LeBron's decision for a while...

shep33
07-06-2010, 12:02 PM
I said something to this effect early in the FA period. By all accounts Bosh wants the 6 year max and can only get through a S&T. If the Raptors want to send him to the WC then you would assume the Rockets would put together the best package. If they like the Cavs offer the best from all EC teams then it might pressure DWade to come to Chicago with some like Boozer.

Yeah if Bosh and LBJ end up signing together in Cleveland, or Bosh goes to Houston, Wade is probably feeling like he has to do something. Staying in Miami and say he gets Boozer... the Heat still have no players on their team.

It just makes more sense for Wade to go play with Amare in NYC, or Chicago with Rose, Noah, and heck maybe they can get a Lee or Boozer.

Melo15
07-06-2010, 12:03 PM

I would guess so

Weezy
07-06-2010, 12:06 PM
This is probably a sign that we won't know LeBron's decision for a while...

x2.

Kyben36
07-06-2010, 12:07 PM
that trade sucks for the Raptors, cant beleive they would actualy agree to that.

JJ HIckson is over rated, all the guy does is DUnk off LEbron passes
Varijao is complained about all the time, how he is overpaid
West has mental issues
and Parker gets beat by his sister every 4th of july.

_Supreme_
07-06-2010, 12:07 PM
They don't need to add Hickson to their crowded PF pool, and Varejao's contract is long and not thát cheap.

Toronto doesn't have a lot of cap space left: http://hoopshype.com/salaries/toronto.htm

That is about $10M right now, and Amir Johnson's salary gets to be subtracted from it.

So if they add any salary for Bosh it would take them over the cap, and if they dump it after next season they would be right back at the cap (aka useless).

My point is: why do they suddenly want to do a trade with Cleveland specifically. There have to be better option out there. Cities that Bosh likes better than fethin' Cleveland. I can't imagine Bosh being enthusiastic about Cleveland.

mlisica19
07-06-2010, 12:11 PM
First off, James resigning would not be a bad decision. The Cavs as of last year, take away James, was still a solid team that I would say could make a run at the playoffs. Z, williams, west, jamison, shaq, green. These are not bad players. Yes james was the differ maker in being the best team in regular season but they have difficulty in the playoffs because its a whole new ball game.

When I see the lakers, I see maturity. Same goes for boston. I see guys who come serious to play from the first game of the series to the last. The only time I see james and crew serious is when on the brink of elimination. The lakers and celctics have high seeds cuz they have a great team but they win it all cuz they have smart players and hardworking coaches. When kobe comes out into a game he runs in high fives his teammates and has a serious ready look. Lebron goes out and does what seems to be a well practiced handshake. I feel the cavs spend more time on antics and deciding what jersey to wear rather than studying the opponent. That's why he hasn't gone very far in the last few years. I blame the team but mostky the coach. James is the most talented/skilled athlete in the world but he is not at all in my eyes a greay basketball player. It will take time for him to mature the same way kobe and jordan did to truly go above everyone else.

If he signs with Ny he goes to a team which is coaches by Dantoni. A team which is mostly offensive minded, on this team James will prob lead them to the best record again. His stats will improve greatly as well but what about playoff time. Dantoni had a great team in pho and what happened? Defense is important and I can only see failure if he goes there. Yes they got amare but having a great center wouldn't be perfect for james"s play. Jordan did not need a great center, only a solid one. He needed a duo, someonelike wade only problem it doesn't look wade wants to be 2nd best.

Chicago would have him be the best team, but that would be horrible. He will always be shadowed by Jordan, so in any case he would either devalue his career or the career of his childhood hero. In one case he can go there and by the end of it pple will say nope jordan is still better. Or he can do amazing and after a whike pple will say jordan who? Horrible

Jordan didn't need to switch teams, he trusted his club to get him the right guyys and coach. And that's what's up, he didn't need a big city. He made his name more famous than some of our presidents

DaBUU
07-06-2010, 12:11 PM
I cant stand seeing grown men (LBJ, Bosh, Wade) acting like wishy washy females, still not knowing what to do or how to handle thier business. "you can act like a man" (brando from The Godfather voice)

Jamiecballer
07-06-2010, 12:13 PM

To Toronto:

- J.J Hickson (PF)

- Delonte West (SG)

- Multiple draft picks

To Cleveland:

- Chris Bosh (PF)

Disagree. If Bargnani is worth 10 million a year than Varejao is a bargain at 8-9 million.

Draco
My point is: why do they suddenly want to do a trade with Cleveland specifically. There have to be better option out there. Cities that Bosh likes better than fethin' Cleveland. I can't imagine Bosh being enthusiastic about Cleveland.

Who even so much as implied that Bosh might be enthusiastic about the city of Cleveland? What's been printed is Bosh being enthusiastic about playing with Lebron and Lebron recruiting Bosh. That's why TOR "suddenly" wants to trade with Cleveland "specifically".

philab
They don't need to add Hickson to their crowded PF pool, and Varejao's contract is long and not thát cheap.

Toronto doesn't have a lot of cap space left: http://hoopshype.com/salaries/toronto.htm

That is about $10M right now, and Amir Johnson's salary gets to be subtracted from it.

So if they add any salary for Bosh it would take them over the cap, and if they dump it after next season they would be right back at the cap (aka useless).

They could go over the cap on a trade.

philab
07-06-2010, 12:15 PM
I cant stand seeing grown men (LBJ, Bosh, Wade) acting like wishy washy females, still not knowing what to do or how to handle thier business. "you can act like a man" (brando from The Godfather voice)

There's never a bad time for a little misogyny.

The Raven
07-06-2010, 12:17 PM
I reallu cant see Bosh playing center. He isnt a center to begin with along with the fact that he seems to be reluctant to play center. So im not sure this is the right deal. If it in fact does go down though, there's another star for Lebron to play with.

In terms of whats being traded to the Raps, all i see is a bunch of crap so im not necessarily sure why they would trade Bosh for crap.

MagicBucsSox
07-06-2010, 12:19 PM
BOSH ALREADY SAID HE DONT WANNA PLAY IN CLEVELAND SO CLOSE THIS. I WORKED IN CLEVELAND ITS A CRAPPING TOWN IMO, YOU CANT LIVE IN TDOT THEN TO CLEVE ITS A MAJOR DOWNGRADE. bosh said with or w/o james so give it up, its said he doesnt wanna play center no more

shep33
07-06-2010, 12:20 PM

Haha nice Brando quote! I completely agree, I said this yesterday too, and I gained respect for Amare for being a man and not waiting for others to sign with a team he was interested in.

I like his attitude, he ain't waiting for anybody to dictate where he's gonna go, instead he goes to the Knicks where he thinks he can make a difference with or without James, Wade, Bosh.

I really like what Amare did there, great job by he and the Knicks.

PlezPlayDKnicks
07-06-2010, 12:21 PM
LOL.. Guys gettin worked up over a CB article.... I guess the MIA trio is done now. Or the lock to Chi town... This guy is a joke.

Draco
07-06-2010, 12:27 PM
Haha nice Brando quote! I completely agree, I said this yesterday too, and I gained respect for Amare for being a man and not waiting for others to sign with a team he was interested in.

I like his attitude, he ain't waiting for anybody to dictate where he's gonna go, instead he goes to the Knicks where he thinks he can make a difference with or without James, Wade, Bosh.

I really like what Amare did there, great job by he and the Knicks.

It couldn't have anything to do with the Knicks being the only team to offer him a offer him a 5 year, $100 mil deal without conditions and the likelihood that the Knicks would have been the only team to him that contract after July 7?

thescore53
07-06-2010, 12:34 PM
bosh for hickson and 104 first round draft picks lol

bkmikeyy
07-06-2010, 12:36 PM
It couldn't have anything to do with the Knicks being the only team to offer him a offer him a 5 year, $100 mil deal without conditions and the likelihood that the Knicks would have been the only team to him that contract after July 7?

"You don't get a gold star for saving money on a deal; your goal is to win championships,"Cashman said. "You can't enter the free-agent market as a buyer hoping to beat the other teams by one dollar. You can't mess around and lose the player."

-Brian Cashman (GM of the most successful franchise in sports)

Would anything really be different if the Knicks signed Amare to a 5 year 92 Million dollar deal instead of 99? Nope, they are going over the cap this year anyways and the MLE they will have in the future will be more valuable than saving 2 million a year on the cap. Since you care about your franchise's money so much looks like you are in luck and your team will be saving a lot of money this summer by not signing anyone...or paying 13-14 mil a year for Boozer which is by far worse.
Give me Amare over Bosh any day, Bosh is a soft diva with a flaky personality that cant lead a decent roster into the playoffs in the pathetic east. How are you a franchise player when surrounded by a decent cast you win like 35 games in one of the least competitive conferences we have ever seen, Amare will enjoy beasting on the small and soft east. Amare is an athletic beast with a competitive attitude and will bring leadership and a winning mentality to the young roster.

Gibby23
07-06-2010, 12:39 PM
"You don't get a gold star for saving money on a deal; your goal is to win championships,"Cashman said. "You can't enter the free-agent market as a buyer hoping to beat the other teams by one dollar. You can't mess around and lose the player."

Would anything really be different if the Knicks signed Amare to a 5 year 92 Million dollar deal instead of 99? Nope, they are going over the cap this year anyways and the MLE they will have in the future will be more valuable than saving 2 million a year on the cap. Since you care about your franchise's money so much looks like you are in luck and your team will be saving a lot of money this summer by not signing anyone...or paying 13-14 mil a year for Boozer which is by far worse.
Give me Amare over Bosh any day, Bosh is a soft diva with a flaky personality that cant lead a decent roster into the playoffs in the east. While Amare is an athletic beast with a competitive attitude and will bring leadership and a winning mentality to the young roster.

Make Cashman work with a salary cap and he would say something different.

tjlipford
07-06-2010, 12:42 PM
BOSH ALREADY SAID HE DONT WANNA PLAY IN CLEVELAND SO CLOSE THIS. I WORKED IN CLEVELAND ITS A CRAPPING TOWN IMO, YOU CANT LIVE IN TDOT THEN TO CLEVE ITS A MAJOR DOWNGRADE. bosh said with or w/o james so give it up, its said he doesnt wanna play center no more

I keep hearing this but never heard it anywhere or anything. I did hear him in his own words say that he would accept a sign and trade to play in Cleveland with Lebron. I definitely heard that.

Why does everyone keep talking about living in Cleveland etc.. when it comes to playing basketball? Did people forget that they are millionaires and there are rich people in Cleveland. Whats really the difference with all these cities?

I would always want to live in the United States. Thats just me. I would never live in Toronto, just visit or vacation. (people that live in Toronto dont get offended).

If he wants to go to a "big city" his choices should be Miami or Chicago because they can give him a max deal and sign him outright. If thats what he wants then what is the dilemma?

Weezy
07-06-2010, 12:43 PM
From what I hear Raptors & Cavs not as far down line on sign-and-trade as is being reported. There have been some talks, not serious yet.

http://twitter.com/PDCavsInsider?tag=pageRow;pageContainer

It seems like its jus a little thing brought out as a big thing.

HOWE do i do it
07-06-2010, 12:46 PM

It also mentions about Bosh going to a larger market, well someone needs a geography lesson, because there are only 3 larger NBA markets then Toronto, NY, LA and Chicago, don't believe me, look it up.
There's actually more people in the greater Houston area, but you are right the city or Toronto is 4th in terms of market.

Melo15
07-06-2010, 12:48 PM
For the last time will you guys please realize that the Cavs will get somebody to play center so that Bosh doesn't have to. They have been interested in Haywood all offseason and would even bring Shaq back so that Bosh doesn't have to play center. At this point some of you are just nitpicking about this because you don't want it to happen.

The only real dilemma here is that Bosh hasn't been convinced to come to Cleveland. I think Houston is the best fit for Bosh but if he changes his mind to come to Cleveland don't think they're going to make him play center.

NYY09
07-06-2010, 12:54 PM
I would love to do this :puke: on broussard and all the "sources"...

tbone2171
07-06-2010, 12:54 PM
There's actually more people in the greater Houston area, but you are right the city or Toronto is 4th in terms of market.

I'm watchin you Morgan

thescore53
07-06-2010, 01:00 PM
sign and trade: lebron for bosh......... lol

thescore53
07-06-2010, 01:05 PM

the population pretty much ezactly the same 5.6 - 5.5 mill for both cities

LE-SHAQ
07-06-2010, 01:06 PM
cavs can resign shaq and big z if they want, both would love to play with lebron and bosh

Eightyfive Y'aw
07-06-2010, 01:07 PM
Chicago would have him be the best team, but that would be horrible. He will always be shadowed by Jordan, so in any case he would either devalue his career or the career of his childhood hero. In one case he can go there and by the end of it pple will say nope jordan is still better. Or he can do amazing and after a whike pple will say jordan w...

Nope Jordan is still better. Lebron could win 10 rings and will never be better than Jordan. This Shadow theory crap is Hoop Hype. Competing or trying to out do Jordan is already off the table. LBJ should know this. Dont believe the hype. You can out do MJ at something but his entire body of work is a pretty lofty undertaking . Many have posted MJ comparisons to all the great players and statistically he is top 4 or 5 in everything. Kobe and LBJ are not even in the conversation. SO, Lebron isn't worried about out doing or filling someone else's shoes especially when the shoes belong to basketball Jesus.

dstruong
07-06-2010, 01:08 PM
From what I hear Raptors & Cavs not as far down line on sign-and-trade as is being reported. There have been some talks, not serious yet.

http://twitter.com/PDCavsInsider?tag=pageRow;pageContainer

It seems like its jus a little thing brought out as a big thing.

i think BC is using this as leveraged against the other teams bidding on a s&t with bosh. in reality cleveland has nothing toronto wants... lets be serious now, bosh and toronto know he is going to houston... BC is trying to pry away aaron brooks...

thedfactor
07-06-2010, 01:14 PM
If Bosh turns down a chance to play with Lebron in Cleveland, he's an idiot and LBJ should avoid playing with Bosh anywhere else. Bosh is a legit follower who thinks he's bigger than he is.

thescore53
07-06-2010, 01:23 PM
i truly believe bosh thinks he's better than wade

Catfish1314
07-06-2010, 01:27 PM
Who ever thought the Raptors of all teams could potentially screw things up for all the LeBron hunters? :laugh2:

If it happens though, Miami is probably screwed out of Wade and he goes to the Bulls or whichever team it is that has him torn.

h2r09
07-06-2010, 01:29 PM
Chris Bosh wants to pair with LeBron James, but is more likely to sign off on a scenario that lures James out of Cleveland to the Nets, Bulls or even Heat, a person with knowledge of the negotiations told CBSSports.com Tuesday.

The problem is that the Cavs have the most attractive assets to entice the Raptors into such an arrangement, being able to offer Anderson Varejao, Anthony Parker or Jamario Moon and Delonte West, who only has $500,000 of his $4.5 million contract guaranteed for next season. The sign-and-trade route would allow Toronto to come to grips with Bosh's seemingly inevitable departure while bringing back assets -- including possibly future draft picks -- in the deal.

But Bosh, who shares an agent with fellow free agent Dwyane Wade, would have to sign off on such an arrangement and remains decidedly unenthusiastic about joining James in Cleveland, the person familiar with the talks said.

"If LeBron went to New Jersey, he'd consider that," the person said of Bosh. "It's too late for New York. He wants to play with LeBron if LeBron leaves, but not necessarily in Cleveland."

The Bulls, who've targeted all three of the top free agents, have not spoken with Toronto officials about a sign-and-trade for Bosh, a person with knowledge of their strategy said. With $30.9 million in cap space after Rob Kurz and Chris Richard were waived, the Bulls are still one transaction away from fitting two straight max signings into their space. One way around that would be to sign-and-trade for one free agent and sign the other one, but it is difficult to imagine Bosh taking less money that Wade or LeBron -- or vice versa.

The Heat, meanwhile, essentially have to trade Michael Beasley to have room for two max free agents plus Wade -- and sources told CBSSports.com Tuesday Miami officials were continuing to work on pulling off such a coup. Wade's thoughts on the matter remain a mystery after he canceled a public appearance in South Florida Tuesday morning.

Bosh is going to miami and lebron is going to miami if he goes anywhere at all.

Gibby23
07-06-2010, 01:35 PM
Who ever thought the Raptors of all teams could potentially screw things up for all the LeBron hunters? :laugh2:

If it happens though, Miami is probably screwed out of Wade and he goes to the Bulls or whichever team it is that has him torn.

I don't think any of these 3 guys will leave the exta year and 30 million on the table. Miami wont' S & T Wade. If Wade takes a 5 year Max deal, he will leave 30 million on the table for the 6th year he could have got with the Heat. In 5 years when Wade will be a FA again, Wade will be 33 or 34 and would not get a 30 million dollar offer for a 1 year deal, he might not even get 30 million over 3 or 4 years.

tjlipford
07-06-2010, 01:35 PM
If Bosh turns down a chance to play with Lebron in Cleveland, he's an idiot and LBJ should avoid playing with Bosh anywhere else. Bosh is a legit follower who thinks he's bigger than he is.

Yep pretty much

icon1914
07-06-2010, 01:36 PM
If Bosh ends up in Cleveland I swear I will forever believe the NBA is rigged. Cleveland has nothing Toronto wants... All of the players they have are either over payed or overrated. Hickson is the only one with potential, but who knows his ceiling? Might not be as high as people believe.

The facts are simple. Cleveland is over the cap for paying for subpar players that can't step it up in the playoffs. It will be quite awhile before they have the flexibility to make moves outside of MLE pickups and praying to find a late round gem in the draft. If LeBron wants to win he really should leave.

thescore53
07-06-2010, 01:49 PM

not hard to believe...

philab
07-06-2010, 01:50 PM
If Bosh ends up in Cleveland I swear I will forever believe the NBA is rigged. Cleveland has nothing Toronto wants... All of the players they have are either over payed or overrated. Hickson is the only one with potential, but who knows his ceiling? Might not be as high as people believe.

The facts are simple. Cleveland is over the cap for paying for subpar players that can't step it up in the playoffs. It will be quite awhile before they have the flexibility to make moves outside of MLE pickups and praying to find a late round gem in the draft. If LeBron wants to win he really should leave.

Well, that or orchestrate a S&T to get Bosh in Cleveland.

Hey, what a coincidence, that's what this thread is about!

thescore53
07-06-2010, 01:51 PM
Yep pretty much

not really, miami is a better place to live and wade isnt really far behind lebron, wade has already proven he can win a title with some help

cutiepie80
07-06-2010, 01:53 PM
I am a bulls fan and wanted Bosh. Now, give me Boozer all day for under the max and half the drama.

philab
07-06-2010, 01:58 PM
I am a bulls fan and wanted Bosh. Now, give me Boozer all day for under the max and half the drama.

Hell, nothing wrong with Lee either, if he'll go to Chi-town.

You'd have to fight Miami for Boozer most likely. I know what I'd pick, but Boozer may think differently.

Melo15
07-06-2010, 02:48 PM
Bosh is going to miami and lebron is going to miami if he goes anywhere at all.

It doesn't seem nearly as likely now. With Toronto not wanting to do a sign and trade with Miami a few other places seem likely.

rapswin98
07-06-2010, 02:55 PM
i think bc is bluffing trying to get more out of houston, miami and chicago. Unless the cavs give the raptors a little more.

Melo15
07-06-2010, 03:05 PM
i think bc is bluffing trying to get more out of houston, miami and chicago. Unless the cavs give the raptors a little more.

Well it may be so with Houston (Aaron Brooks) and Chicago (Joakim Noah) it can't be true for Miami because they don't have anything else to give in a sign and trade, thats literally their whole roster.

AntwanN21
07-06-2010, 03:13 PM
Honestly, is the weather really gonna keep Bosh from making $30 mill wherever he is? If he has a chance to win, his huge payday and the media spotlight im sure he won't mind it not being 90 degrees outside everyday.

KnickFanSince91
07-06-2010, 03:18 PM
Nothing would be funnier than Bosh agreeing to a sign and trade to CLE and LeBron still decides to sign else where. :laugh:

icon1914
07-06-2010, 03:28 PM
Well, that or orchestrate a S&T to get Bosh in Cleveland.

Hey, what a coincidence, that's what this thread is about!

Wow...you are so smart and witty, it's a shame you did not read my post that explained the S & T for Bosh is pretty much a pipe dream which brings me back to my point... Cleveland is really limited when it comes to options that puts James is a tough situation. Stay and hope that some team will come along and trade you a top player for the lackluster players you have on your team, stay and keep doing what you have been doing, or leave.

damkrayzie
07-06-2010, 03:28 PM
Nothing would be funnier than Bosh agreeing to a sign and trade to CLE and LeBron still decides to sign else where. :laugh:LeBron would have to say he is staying in cleveland before Bosh would agree to a sign and trade

Draco
07-06-2010, 03:32 PM

Give me Amare over Bosh any day, Bosh is a soft diva with a flaky personality that cant lead a decent roster into the playoffs in the pathetic east. How are you a franchise player when surrounded by a decent cast you win like 35 games in one of the least competitive conferences we have ever seen, Amare will enjoy beasting on the small and soft east. Amare is an athletic beast with a competitive attitude and will bring leadership and a winning mentality to the young roster.

With all due respect to you and Cashman, you're quoting a blanket statement which means little when you apply it to negotiating with players on a case by case basis. Actually, if the goal is to retain any player at any cost then there isn't any point in having a negotiation process. So looking specifically at Amare's situation; you have a Suns GM whose best offer was a $95 mil contract over five years with conditions on minutes played in the last two years. You also have a Miami GM who didn't offer Amare a contract. In the opinion of many people, the Knicks were desperate.

Griffen131
07-06-2010, 03:33 PM
Icon1914...u have it right LEAVE, as in this forum. U are not a Cavs fan so stop trolling.

knickfan33
07-06-2010, 03:35 PM

Why does anyone listen to ESPN's NBA insiders, they have not been even close about anything yet.

Bigbadmoffo
07-06-2010, 03:38 PM

I'd sooner let him walk. We don't need any bigs so it's just throwing money in the garbage and the picks will be garbage from a top team.

iggypop123
07-06-2010, 03:42 PM
i hope this materializes. cause if the cavs refuse to give up hickson again for a big i will laugh my *** off

philab
07-06-2010, 04:07 PM
Wow...you are so smart and witty, it's a shame you did not read my post that explained the S & T for Bosh is pretty much a pipe dream which brings me back to my point... Cleveland is really limited when it comes to options that puts James is a tough situation. Stay and hope that some team will come along and trade you a top player for the lackluster players you have on your team, stay and keep doing what you have been doing, or leave.

And as many have explained in this thread, a S&T for Bosh is not quite a pipe dream.

Cleveland is not limited when it comes to options. They may have trouble swinging something right now with all the FA talk, but that's not indicative of their overall capabilities. They aren't loaded with young talent, but bottomless pockets and a bunch of expirings go a LOOOONG way in the modern NBA.

THE MTL
07-06-2010, 04:22 PM
Shaq resigns with Cavs and Jamison off the bench.

THE MTL
07-06-2010, 04:24 PM
Nothing would be funnier than Bosh agreeing to a sign and trade to CLE and LeBron still decides to sign else where. :laugh:

Lebron is NOT Elton Brand!

dacreator101
07-06-2010, 04:24 PM
why cant wade and lebron go to the chicago? is there not enough cap space for the 2? or is it ego's or what? im curious on whats holding them 2 up? cause honestly i think rose, wade, lebron, gibson, noah, will do great as a 5, deng 6 man of the year anyone? someone plz answer this for me

shep33
07-06-2010, 04:27 PM

Amare was gonna get a max anywhere he goes man. He coulda went to the Nets for just as much I'm betting.

ldc62
07-06-2010, 04:28 PM

Even though I hate Lebron, the guy seems like he keeps his word.

THE MTL
07-06-2010, 04:29 PM
Bosh to Cleveland.

Wade & Boozer to Miami.

David Lee to NJ.

Amare to NYC.

Chicago strikes out in free agency once again :)

ohreally
07-06-2010, 04:32 PM

Varejao would be a perfect defensive piece for them, and Hickson a good young piece. I'd say that's not bad at all, and and that's just the starting point.

thescore53
07-06-2010, 04:40 PM
Honestly, is the weather really gonna keep Bosh from making $30 mill wherever he is? If he has a chance to win, his huge payday and the media spotlight im sure he won't mind it not being 90 degrees outside everyday.

after he leaves he will be another after though just like vince carter mark my words..... who has left Toronto and had better careers for it

CowboysKB24
07-06-2010, 04:50 PM
why cant wade and lebron go to the chicago? is there not enough cap space for the 2? or is it ego's or what? im curious on whats holding them 2 up? cause honestly i think rose, wade, lebron, gibson, noah, will do great as a 5, deng 6 man of the year anyone? someone plz answer this for me

It would tarnish their legacies. If they became teammates and didn't win numerous titles, it would be a complete disgrace. Their are the 1 and 2 in the league right now. If they win the championships, they won't get that much credit because it would be domination. It is like Wade or LBJ going to the Lakers. It would be ridiculous. Why would either of them want to do that?

CowboysKB24
07-06-2010, 04:52 PM
Bosh to Cleveland.

Wade & Boozer to Miami.

David Lee to NJ.

Amare to NYC.

Chicago strikes out in free agency once again :)

Wade isn't staying in Miami without Bosh or LBJ. Boozer isn't good enough to keep him there. I think Wade goes to Chicago with Boozer or Bosh. LBJ might be the one left out or he needs to go to NYC with Amare. I think Chicago will end up getting Wade or LBJ and/or Boozer/Bosh.

Kashmir13579
07-06-2010, 04:56 PM
LBJ will regret signing in Cleveland IMO from a basketball standpoint. Unless they can upgrade their roster, you would think he has a better chance to win in NY, NJ, CHI or MIA if they keep Wade.

i can honestly see wade leaving at this point. nobody is gonna come to miami. and if cavs cant get somebody good bron brons gotta go to N.Y; nowhere else makes sense. i've said its gonna be either cavs or knicks since day 1

shep33
07-06-2010, 05:02 PM
If Bosh goes to Houston it screws everything up:

1) If Wade goes back to Miami and say he gets Boozer/Lee... they still only have Beasley and Chalmers left on top of that. Why not go to Chicago with Rose, Deng, Noah, and maybe Lee/Boozer, or even NYC when he can play with Amare.

2) LBJ... if Bosh goes to Cleveland he's obviously staying, however, if Bosh goes to Houston what does LBJ do? Best move would probably be going to the Knicks or Bulls... I think if Bosh ends up in a Rockets jersey, Bron and Wade end up in NYC or Chicago and not Cleveland or Miami.

ElMarroAfamado
07-06-2010, 05:11 PM
lebron james should just leave cleveland their a boring team and im tired of seeing those damn boring jerseys

D-Block21-Chito
07-06-2010, 05:27 PM
Someone said that wade will go to chicago if bosh teams up with lebron. I say you are right brutha and wade would bring boozer to chicago as well. I actually prefer wade boozer than lebron/bosh with rose and noah. I think they would work better together

evadatam5150
07-06-2010, 05:41 PM

I thought that Wade and Lebron were tired of Bosh...?? This is like a soap opera.. This is why everyone should lay of the tweeting juice, wait for real news to break from reliable sources.. :facepalm:

J$mo0th_3o5
07-06-2010, 05:55 PM
Not anymore

Cavs officials are confident of two things now, multiple sources say: Chris Bosh won't play for them next season, but LeBron James will.

Bosh has long made it clear that he doesn't want to play in Cleveland, and LeBron knew it was a longshot to sell him on it.

http://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA

fredv
07-06-2010, 05:58 PM
Now 90% chance Bosh+Wade in Miami. Probably the best news Heat fans could get!

The Jokemaker
07-06-2010, 06:02 PM
I thought that Wade and Lebron were tired of Bosh...?? This is like a soap opera.. This is why everyone should lay of the tweeting juice, wait for real news to break from reliable sources.. :facepalm:

Exactly. Every 15 mins it's a new teet from another guy saying "his sources say" that something is essentially a done deal.

If Bosh goes to Miami because it's a big market yet passes on the Knicks, he's an idiot and needs to learn what big market means. New York is the biggest market and that's a place you go to start a brand. Amare's brand will outsell Bosh's anywhere Bosh goes.

And I still don't believe that James has made up his mind to stay in Cleveland. We still got two days folks til the proposed announcement and you never know what James will wake up thinking on Thursday morning.

VinceCarter
07-06-2010, 06:10 PM
Rumors: Bosh rules out sign-and-trade to Cleveland + Miami in deal to acquire Haywood?

Hoopshype has just tweeted this.

thescore53
07-06-2010, 06:13 PM
Why does anyone listen to ESPN's NBA insiders, they have not been even close about anything yet.

SA5195
07-06-2010, 06:20 PM
So it's basically MIA, CHI, HOU.

ldc62
07-06-2010, 06:29 PM
If Bosh goes to Miami because it's a big market yet passes on the Knicks, he's an idiot and needs to learn what big market means. New York is the biggest market and that's a place you go to start a brand. Amare's brand will outsell Bosh's anywhere Bosh goes.

And I still don't believe that James has made up his mind to stay in Cleveland. We still got two days folks til the proposed announcement and you never know what James will wake up thinking on Thursday morning.

They already got Amare, Bosh and Amare wouldn't work. But based on your thinking, he should join Yao then...

icon1914
07-06-2010, 06:35 PM
And as many have explained in this thread, a S&T for Bosh is not quite a pipe dream.

Cleveland is not limited when it comes to options. They may have trouble swinging something right now with all the FA talk, but that's not indicative of their overall capabilities. They aren't loaded with young talent, but bottomless pockets and a bunch of expirings go a LOOOONG way in the modern NBA.

Cleveland might not be limited to the point of desperation, but the assets they do have just seem to be thin and not enough when it comes to acquiring top level talent.

The Cavs are over the cap so they would have to work out s sign and trade that clears close to 16 million to bring in Bosh. So they would have to trade Varejo, Hickson, and someone else ( mo williams, west, ???) to get to the point of even being able to make the contracts match. I can't see Toronto taking on any long term deals of Anderson or Mo.... And maybe you replace Anderson with Jamison. He is expiring next year and will be solid talent, but I still don't see why Toronto would want to rent someone like Jamison for one year.

I see the options, but I don't see Toronto wanting to help Bosh so bad that they will take on over payed role players, a close to the over the hill rental, or a rookie that may never become a solid in this league. But I will agree that Jamison's contract will look very good come Feb... So who knows?

CowboysKB24
07-06-2010, 06:47 PM
Not anymore

http://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA

Why would he want to play with LBJ in Cleveland? He gets a great team and all, but he is in the shadow of LBJ in Cleveland. He won't get a max deal. The city is boring and nothing like the other places he can play. If he wanted to go there, it would have been done by now. They have allegedly been trying to get Bosh to come there for weeks now. I don't know what it is that Bosh doesn't like about CLE, but it is obvious there is something he doesn't like about the entire situation.

CowboysKB24
07-06-2010, 06:49 PM
Now 90% chance Bosh+Wade in Miami. Probably the best news Heat fans could get!

I like that. I think Wade and Bosh would compliment each other very well. I'd love to see them both join Chicago if that were possible. They would be the favorites in the East if that were to happen. I wouldn't be surprised if they won the championship either.

ABOMB_56
07-06-2010, 07:00 PM
Exactly. Every 15 mins it's a new teet from another guy saying "his sources say" that something is essentially a done deal.

Actually, if Bosh wants to go to the biggest market and play in his natural position next to one of the best centers in the NBA, he goes to Houston. Yao draws so many fans from China that Bosh automatically gets his "brand" out internationally. Yao's Chinese followers make whoever is on the Rockets popular.

icon1914
07-06-2010, 07:05 PM
Icon1914...u have it right LEAVE, as in this forum. U are not a Cavs fan so stop trolling.

First of all I came to this thread from the NBA home page... I did not come here from the Cavs page... Second I have nothing against Cleveland... I actually would have loved to see them in the Finals this year and last.

All I did was speak the truth. The Cavs are limited in options and unless Toronto is feeling real generous it makes no sense for them to take on any Cavs players to put 30 million in Bosh's pocket... And to improve a team in the same conference, without improving your own.

I'm a Knicks fan and you will not see me posting trade ideas where we magically acquire CP3 or Parker when we have nothing to trade but an underrated Chandler and the expiring contract of Eddy Curry.

So no need to get sensitive. If a S & T can be worked out... Wonderful, but I don't see it happening.

ldc62
07-06-2010, 07:31 PM
Its official... Bosh is not going to Cleveland.

Catfish1314
07-07-2010, 01:05 AM
I don't think any of these 3 guys will leave the exta year and 30 million on the table. Miami wont' S & T Wade. If Wade takes a 5 year Max deal, he will leave 30 million on the table for the 6th year he could have got with the Heat. In 5 years when Wade will be a FA again, Wade will be 33 or 34 and would not get a 30 million dollar offer for a 1 year deal, he might not even get 30 million over 3 or 4 years.

It depends on how much being close to his children factors into his decision. I agree that unlike Bosh and LeBron, this will be the last major contract Wade signs and he needs to milk it for all he can get. But as a father, it makes it even more difficult to predict his decision.

Bornknick73
07-07-2010, 01:42 AM
I love that tweeting idiot Bosh. His selfish ways and refusal to go to cleveland is only showing James it will be tough to bring players there to play with him. Bron in the NYC on the other hand can get him the players to go there. With Bron and STAT the Knicks will be far from a losing team. Keep tweeting moron, you might have tweeted your boy right into our hands.

And did I mention Mav will be meeting with Knicks brass for a 3rd meeting tomorrow. Its just a rumor but those were the same rumors who said STAT was coming to NYC for meetings and he did. WoW....we have no chance but out of all the teams competing for him we are going on a third meeting. Its looking good so far...

Akshay
07-07-2010, 02:51 AM
Cavs don't need Bosh, they could sign Boozer, who, I think is a better player than Bosh, for less. But the Cavs could clear some money to get some good shooters like Ray Allen or could get Tony Parker as a PG, if they did a well enough trade. But, Bosh will all in all go to Miami.

Catfish1314
07-07-2010, 02:52 AM
Cavs don't need Bosh, they could sign Boozer, who, I think is a better player than Bosh, for less. But the Cavs could clear some money to get some good shooters like Ray Allen or could get Tony Parker as a PG, if they did a well enough trade. But, Bosh will all in all go to Miami.

Yeah Boozer and Cleveland have a great relationship too.

Akshay
07-07-2010, 03:01 AM
Forgot about the whole Boozer/Cavs situation in 2004.. why can't any anyone like Cleveland. haha.

But this team beat the Lakers twice during the season, and were playing well until Game 2 in the boston series, where they just ran out of gas and chose the wrong players at the time to play, like Shaq instead of JJ Hickson, who slow them down during the games in which he came back after that injury.