PDA

View Full Version : Source: Rose wanted Johnson; not LeBron

m26555
07-06-2010, 12:02 AM
Derrick Rose reportedly preferred the Bulls to sign Joe Johnson instead of LeBron James, according to multiple people that spoke with Brian Windhorst.

Both Rose and Johnson are represented by Arn Tellem.

MOD NOTE: If it's starred out it means it's not allowed so please don't use it as a source or post it on PSD.

blams
07-06-2010, 12:03 AM
Lie

MelanconMadness
07-06-2010, 12:04 AM
If i were Rose, I would want the same thing too. He has a chance to be the face of the franchise. Noah, Deng, and Gibson on the other hand, im sure want LeBron

PrettyBoyJ
07-06-2010, 12:09 AM
I would want Johnson too Rose like the ball in his hands, Lebron Likes the all in his hands, Rose runs the show, lebron runs the show, Rose wants to be the best, Lebron wants to be the best.. Idk but I would want JJ on my team as well

cubbiesalldaway
07-06-2010, 12:11 AM
Why would you want rose and lebron together they both have the same game JJ would have been a much better fit for Chicago

Ragun
07-06-2010, 12:12 AM
If i were Rose, I would want the same thing too. He has a chance to be the face of the franchise. Noah, Deng, and Gibson on the other hand, im sure want LeBron

agreed.

lebron immediately becomes the face of the bulls but not JJ...but JJ would probably be a better fit too though.

ABOMB_56
I wouldn't be surprised if this were true. I mean Rose wants to be the face of the team. No matter how well he did with LeBron he would always be considered the second best. At least with Joe, Rose could be the Batman.

robdizzle3
I used to take "sources have told me" kinda serious, but after this free agency, I dont listen to anybody, unless it came from the players' mouth.

Chicagofan911x
07-06-2010, 12:14 AM
First off Derick is way too soft spoken to ever say he DOESNT want Lebron. Im sure he worded it much differently then that.

Also, in an interview with Drose on Cbulls.com he said the Lebron was his favorite player in the NBA.

The Dream
07-06-2010, 12:15 AM
Haha Bull fans getting worried

Cavs or NYK for The King!

gocubs2118
07-06-2010, 12:19 AM
I pity anyone who believes this crap.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyba48ngmKE&feature=player_embedded

Atownballa5

or nets boss... remember your team was the one considered out of the race for him

EDIT: if your a knicks fan plus theres still possibly heat

goku
rose is a mini lebron they games are similar melo would be a better fit at the small foward then lebron sense he shoots better ... which is why JJ would fit better

jjfan122
07-06-2010, 12:20 AM
I wouldn't be surpirsed if this was true. Lebron loves having the attention on him, and if he does goes to the bulls, rose would be considered his robin.

The Dream
07-06-2010, 12:22 AM
or nets boss... remember your team was the one considered out of the race for him

EDIT: if your a knicks fan plus theres still possibly heat

From who? ESPN? HAHAHAAH

You believe that stuff? Man, I was just like you when I was 15. Watched Sportscenter, got happy about every rumor, this & that.

The fact is, nobody knows anything at this point.

howiend
07-06-2010, 12:23 AM
i agree - this is why wade stays in miami, james in cleveland, and rose in chicago - the key is where do bosh, boozer, and lee go?

Jonathan2323
07-06-2010, 12:23 AM
I would be shocked if LeBron went to Chicago.

Sadds The Gr8
07-06-2010, 12:24 AM
of course he would. i said all along that having Lebron on the Bulls would be horrible for Rose

Draco
07-06-2010, 12:24 AM
Could the OP provide a real source instead of referrencing a forum?

nanablvd
07-06-2010, 12:25 AM
of course Rose would want JJ. JJ would be his sidekick, but Rose himself would easily be Lebron's sidekick. I dont think Lebron will choose the Bulls though, cuz he knows he will never be the best Bulls ever no matter how he did there. Lebron will either join the Nets or the Cavs.

Jonathan2323
07-06-2010, 12:26 AM
http://twitter.com/PDcavsinsider

3RDASYSTEM
07-06-2010, 12:26 AM
I can tell those who have played ball who post on here and those who havent ...Rose is the mini Lebron, physical/talent wise...can you imagine now how much more dangerous Lebron will be coming off screens and posting more? just imagine how much fun Thibodeau is going to have bringing him off double screen curls inside around the elbow/paint area and then having a threat like Rose being able to break down the D at any given moment,Lebron had to do that basically everytime in Cavland...come playoff time, the best thing to have is multiple guys who can create own shot,if you have those 2,thats lethal...now add a few more pieces

Draco
07-06-2010, 12:27 AM
Didn't say Rose was anti-LeBron. But the word is preference was Joe Johnson. They have same agent. That is what multiple people tell me.

PDcavsinsider
Brian Windhorst
http://twitter.com/PDcavsinsider/status/17839240610

Jezeble
07-06-2010, 12:29 AM
To give this drivel any credibility, on would have to assume:

A) Rose is the type of person who has a habit of shooting off his mouth recklessly -- even to the detriment of his team -- just to make himself heard.
B) Rose is a selfish player who thinks only of himself and puts his needs before the team and winning.

Since neither of the above is true, then it is safe to assume that its all bunk.

"...its a madhouse I tell you. A MADHOUSE!!!!"

xabial
07-06-2010, 12:30 AM
lol :laugh:

LA_Raiders
07-06-2010, 12:33 AM
i believe it.. LeBroom is a primadonna... Besides, Chicago is Roses team...

_KB24_
JJ is the better fit anyway.

HesterTrain
Coming from a Bulls fan, I've not once heard him say anything along the lines of preferring Johnson over James.

Draco
To give this drivel any credibility, on would have to assume:

A) Rose is the type of person who has a habit of shooting off his mouth recklessly -- even to the detriment of his team -- just to make himself heard.
B) Rose is a selfish player who thinks only of himself and puts his needs before the team and winning.

Since neither of the above is true, then it is safe to assume that its all bunk.

"...its a madhouse I tell you. A MADHOUSE!!!!"

Rose said management would ask him who he preferred to play with and that information conceivably could have been leaked.

It doesn't matter much though... whether Rose prefers one player over another I don't think he's opposed to playing with Lebron. That'd be foolish.

D Roses Bulls
07-06-2010, 12:36 AM
I think this dude is just tryna stir up trouble and make crap up. i mean even rose said in this interview that lebron would be crazy if he didnt wanna come to the bulls and how much he would want him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyba48ngmKE

_KB24_
07-06-2010, 12:40 AM
I think this dude is just tryna stir up trouble and make crap up. i mean even rose said in this interview that lebron would be crazy if he didnt wanna come to the bulls and how much he would want him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyba48ngmKE

LOL about the graduate part :laugh:

guero5021
07-06-2010, 12:40 AM
1. I agree that rose would love to be the face of the franchise...do you blame him? He's a Stud.
2. I could see that same thing with wade. i know hes been in the league for a while but what superstar at that age is going to say "ill let rose be the face of this team" ha!...He plays the same way james play..they want the ball all the time.
3. I dont believe any of this "rose wants joe instead of james" crap. I do believe the bulls will get wade or james with Boozer or bosh. They have the best core to win championship for a long time. Any 2 of those 4 this year is going to be very good for a long time.

VinceGully
07-06-2010, 12:58 AM

worried about what fam?

Draco
07-06-2010, 01:02 AM
worried about what fam?

Knick fans have posted themselves into thinking they've improved their chances of getting Lebron so much so that it's now between the Knicks and the Cavs. Apparently, "new york state of mind" means disregarding circumstances surrounding any team other than NY as well as those issues that might be problems for NY.. like Amare's massively expensive uninsured contract and the fact that the Bulls can't trade Hinrich until the 8th. What these things mean to other FAs is a non issue for them.. visit their forum, it's a homer fest.

HesterTrain
07-06-2010, 01:06 AM
Another thread worthy of a closing.

The Dream
07-06-2010, 01:15 AM
Knick fans have posted themselves into thinking they've improved their chances of getting Lebron so much so that it's now between the Knicks and the Cavs. Apparently, "new york state of mind" means disregarding circumstances surrounding any team other than NY as well as those issues that might be problems for NY.. like Amare's massively expensive uninsured contract and the fact that the Bulls can't trade Hinrich until the 8th. What these things mean to other FAs is a non issue for them.. visit their forum, it's a homer fest.

the question remains... WILL LEBRON DARE TO FILL HIS SHOES!!!!!! (shows shoebox)

:laugh:

VinceGully
07-06-2010, 01:20 AM

Some of the media over the past few days have given them a false sense of hope. Feel bad for yall.

The same Media outlets have also reported that Lebron nixed the idea of signing with the Knicks. LOL! Can you blame the poor fellas? What have they ever won???

numba1CHANGsta
07-06-2010, 01:23 AM
Either its a big lie or Rose wants to be the "man" in Chi-town

Draco
07-06-2010, 01:27 AM
the question remains... WILL LEBRON DARE TO FILL HIS SHOES!!!!!! (shows shoebox)

:laugh:

Just trying to be objective.. the only people I've seen behind the Knicks w/Amare on board are Knick fans and Sheridan.

Henry Abbott, Truehoop 6/5

I was with Chris Broussard, Jonathan Abrams and Jim Gray talking LeBron James on Charlie Rose on Friday, and no one thinks the Knicks are high on LeBron James' list. Brian Windhorst is tweeting similarly. Not everyone agrees about who's in the lead -- I say Chicago and Miami, with a side-helping of the Nets. Other plugged in reporters add the Cavaliers to that list. But even though there's a certain logic to it (best market, rich owner, fun coaching style) why are the Knicks not seen as running with the lead dogs? Some educated guesses: neither the cap flexibility of the Heat nor the roster quality of the Bulls, Mike D'Antoni not the draw he was assumed to be, lack of a quality point guard to make D'Antoni's system work, a high cost of living and burdensome taxes, and an owner who isn't viewed among the NBA's best thanks to a track record of not inspiring greatness.
http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/17648/lebron-james-monday-bullets

VinceGully
07-06-2010, 01:29 AM

I dont believe it...Rose doesnt have that big of an ego.

Good checklist BTW! The Lakers could easily check all of your list off...DAMNIT! (I HATE the Lakers)
Great moves for them!

VinceGully
07-06-2010, 01:30 AM

Good checklist BTW! The Lakers could easily check all of your list off...DAMNIT! (I HATE the Lakers)
Great moves for them!

SDBearsFan
07-06-2010, 01:37 AM
I used to take "sources have told me" kinda serious, but after this free agency, I dont listen to anybody, unless it came from the players' mouth.

Same here, man.

My sources say without a doubt, the dominos will start to fall on July 8th, and guys will start to sign...oh wait....

numba1CHANGsta
07-06-2010, 01:40 AM

Great moves for them!

haha thanks, they are crucial needs so I hope we get it done! and I do hope the Bulls get Lebron so Phil can face his former team in the Finals and retire happily ever after :)

PlezPlayDKnicks
07-06-2010, 01:48 AM
How did this thread become a knicks topic? Anyway i believe the report is BS.. Doesnt sound like Rose at all.

The Dream
07-06-2010, 01:54 AM
Just trying to be objective.. the only people I've seen behind the Knicks w/Amare on board are Knick fans and Sheridan.

Henry Abbott, Truehoop 6/5

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/17648/lebron-james-monday-bullets

Woah, ESPN "experts" saying LeBron won't go to NY! Hahahaah.. they all also said the Knicks will get shut out.

And can a mod ask _KB24_ to take down that .gif in his sig. it froze my comp 4 times and its really annoying
edit: make that 5 times

Draco
07-06-2010, 02:03 AM
Woah, ESPN "experts" saying LeBron won't go to NY! Hahahaah.. they all also said the Knicks will get shut out.

And can a mod ask _KB24_ to take down that .gif in his sig. it froze my comp 4 times and its really annoying
edit: make that 5 times

You're right.. people with sources that are probably spewing a bunch of lies, what do they really know. Knick fans know their team better than anyone else. Especially during the Isiah years when I read about how the Knicks were going to make the playoffs year after year. And now it seems Walsh is on the verge of building a contendor. Well, you guys probably know what you're posting about this time.. you're the experts. :p

THE MTL
07-06-2010, 02:08 AM
I would believe it. Rose and Lebron do ALOT of the same things and Rose is the face of the franchise right now and is 1st option...if Lebron came Rose would lose all of it.

The guy seriously only needs a low-post scorer and a shooter/scorer and that team can compete. Iono why they are going so heavy after Lebron. Lebron doesnt even fit in with that team. Lebron has no shooters to spread the floor. No low-post scoring. Almost everyone of that team needs the paint in order to score.

HOZ THE KNICK
07-06-2010, 02:09 AM
rose is insane if this is the truth

hgtiger32
07-06-2010, 02:10 AM
i used to take "sources have told me" kinda serious, but after this free agency, i dont listen to anybody, unless it came from the players' mouth.

tttttttthhhhhhhhhhhhhhhiiiiiiiiiiissssssssssssssss ssssssss!!!!

knickfan33
07-06-2010, 02:11 AM
not sure if this is true but makes a ton of sense. I was telling people lebron with wade/rose is not a a good match, all 3 are guys you run your offence through, there all basically PG's offensively, none of them are catch and shoot guys.

All 3 i think would be at there best matched up with a Big Man and a CAtch and Shoot kinda guy. together it just doesnt work.

The Dream
07-06-2010, 02:16 AM
You're right.. people with sources that are probably spewing a bunch of lies, what do they really know. Knick fans know their team better than anyone else. Especially during the Isiah years when I read about how the Knicks were going to make the playoffs year after year. And now it seems Walsh is on the verge of building a contendor. Well, you guys probably know what you're posting about this time.. you're the experts. :p

but will you dare to fill these shoes?

Draco
07-06-2010, 02:22 AM
but will you dare to fill these shoes?

I'll take the Jordans.. you can keep the Soprano's video.

The Dream
07-06-2010, 02:23 AM
I'll take the Jordans.. you can keep the Soprano's video.

hahahah finally a bulls fan i like

IversonIsKrazy
07-06-2010, 02:24 AM
I didn't want neither LeBron or Wade to Chicago because of this. Rose is the face of the franchise, he has shown signs of being amazing, the first all-star for Chi since Jordan... y would u make him the franchise player for the first 2 years, which were successful years, and then take it away from him. The best scenario was the combination of JJ and Amare/Bosh. Would've still bin Rose's team, and great chemistry.

Draco
07-06-2010, 02:24 AM
hahahah finally a bulls fan i like

Really, I'm not a 'win only' person. I don't mind the Knicks getting better, as long as we get Lebron. :D

dre1990
07-06-2010, 02:29 AM
IF this is true, Rose is a stupid egotistc *****

swirl54
07-06-2010, 02:33 AM
IF this is true, Rose is a stupid egotistc *****

Rose isn't that type of player never has been even thru high school. He wants to win thats it. This is a tweet from a Cavs insider give Rose a break.

Gators123
07-06-2010, 02:35 AM
I doubt Rose would say that

cubs0707
07-06-2010, 02:39 AM
this thread needs to get closed

Gators123
07-06-2010, 02:43 AM
This has "smear campaign" written all over it. :eyebrow:

NYK_kidd77
07-06-2010, 02:44 AM
Hmm interesting...very interesting...

Bulls_fan90
07-06-2010, 02:46 AM
I doubt Rose would say that

This has "smear campaign" written all over it. :eyebrow:

Pretty much. Never thought i'd ever agree with you :speechless:

CalJo1617
07-06-2010, 02:46 AM
I didn't want neither LeBron or Wade to Chicago because of this. Rose is the face of the franchise, he has shown signs of being amazing, the first all-star for Chi since Jordan... y would u make him the franchise player for the first 2 years, which were successful years, and then take it away from him. The best scenario was the combination of JJ and Amare/Bosh. Would've still bin Rose's team, and great chemistry.

wait...what? :confused:

an addition of either guy could propel you to the top, but you would much rather rely on derrick rose to get you there...umm ok i got you.

JiffyMix88
07-06-2010, 02:48 AM
of course he did

Gators123
07-06-2010, 02:52 AM
Pretty much. Never thought i'd ever agree with you :speechless:

lmao :laugh2:

RIPSweetness34
07-06-2010, 03:00 AM
http://twitter.com/PDcavsinsider

I find it amusing that a Cavs beat reporter is the one breaking this. FAIL

Omar Little
07-06-2010, 03:01 AM
This is fake as hell. Rose is a HUGE fan of LBJ. In fact, he wore 23 in college because LeBron is his favorite player. (It pains me to admit that, because I always wanted to believe it was because MJ, but it was actually an ode to LeBron.)

_KB24_
07-06-2010, 03:02 AM
They should have pursued JJ hard, but i guess ATL was always going to offer him the max, so no way he would have left. I say they should still build around Rose and go after Ray Ray and Bosh and then still have a lot of money left for additional role players. This way they'll be under the luxury tax and still have a great team around Rose. The kid has proven he has what it takes to be a franchise player and if Wade/Lebron end up their, I don't think it would be necessarily fair to him. He would certainly walk after his rookie contract is up.

ChiSox219
07-06-2010, 03:05 AM
They should have pursued JJ hard, but i guess ATL was always going to offer him the max, so no way he would have left. I say they should still build around Rose and go after Ray Ray and Bosh and then still have a lot of money left for additional role players. This way they'll be under the luxury tax and still have a great team around Rose. The kid has proven he has what it takes to be a franchise player and if Wade/Lebron end up their, I don't think it would be necessarily fair to him. He would certainly walk after his rookie contract is up.

When your rookie contract is up, you are a restricted free agent. Your team has the ability to match any offer. Rose will not be leaving anytime soon regardless of who th Bulls sign.

SANDBURG23
07-06-2010, 03:18 AM
D.Rose & LeBron would be fine together, 2 people can share the ball and run & gun together. Just dont get a PF that demands the ball. Plus D.Rose was here first I'm sure the Bulss would be selling as 2 Batman sort of on all there posters. Sort of LeBron and Rose standing next to each other guy they sign, lets say Lee standing behind them between there 2 shoulders, with Noah & Deng at his side.

I see the Bulls selling noth them together as #1's.