PDA

View Full Version : Hawks considering trading Josh Smith?

ruslan898
07-05-2010, 10:52 PM
" The Hawks have been exploring the possibility of trading Josh Smith as part of their summertime makeover, according to sources around the league.
This makes sense in the context of the story on Fanhouse.com, which describes the Hawks offering a two-year contract to Shaquille O'Neal. It's not clear what the Hawks want in return, but they could try to package Mike Bibby or Marvin Williams with Smoove to bring back a top-notch PG"

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=nba&id=1057

UPDATE:

NBA reporter David Aldridge writes that the Hawks "would only contemplate moving [Josh] Smith for a major, star player at power forward."
The Hawks probably prefer more size and back-to-the-basket skills at the PF spot, but the odds of Smith being traded seem fairly low. This also doesn't mesh with the idea of Shaq playing center and Al Horford sliding to PF -- quite reasonably, Alddridge writes that "the Hawks also do not want to mess too much with a team that won 53 games in the regular season."

Raps18-19 Champ
07-05-2010, 10:53 PM
I'll give you Bosh.

Kakaroach
07-05-2010, 10:56 PM
Wow, that would be very surprising if they did trade him. I wonder which PG their looking at.

LTBaByyy
07-05-2010, 10:58 PM
What top notch PG can they get?

There is none on the trading block, hornets said they arent trading paul

So there basically is no one else

Bad move!!! Josh Smith is a beast!! all he needs is a jumpshot then def all star consecutive years

ruslan898
07-05-2010, 11:00 PM
Andre Miller? He was on the trading block last year...

D Roses Bulls
07-05-2010, 11:01 PM

then what do they do with aldridge?

JNA17
07-05-2010, 11:03 PM
I WANT HIM I WANT HIM I WANT HIM I WANT HIM I WANT HIM I WANT HIM I WANT HIM I WANT HIM I WANT HIM I WANT HIM I WANT HIM.....please....

Anybody beside kobe? :D

LTBaByyy
07-05-2010, 11:03 PM

You think they would trade josh smith/bibby or marv for andre miller

:facepalm:

Jays Claw
07-05-2010, 11:05 PM
Josh Smith on the Raptors would make me go insane! :jumpy:

JNA17
07-05-2010, 11:08 PM
josh smith for odom/first/something else!!

mitch make it happen! I WANT THAT MOTHER ****A!!!!

LTBaByyy
07-05-2010, 11:08 PM
S&T

Josh Smith/Bibby/Marv for Bosh/calderon/weems/2nd round pick??

just thought i would throw something out there

Jay22Redd
07-05-2010, 11:10 PM
Wow, that would be very surprising if they did trade him. I wonder which PG their looking at.

Chris Paul???

orlandij
07-05-2010, 11:10 PM
Shaq and Mo for Bibby and Smith

grega1976
07-05-2010, 11:11 PM
josh smith for battier (expiring) , scola, and one of the first rounders we get from NY.
or Aaron Brooks, Battier, Jeffries for Smith and Bibby.... prolly need more from rox to make it work money wise.

Hellcrooner
mmmmm how does thislok like?
Calderon, JJ, Childress, Bosh, Shaq wit h Marvin, Horford and crawford from the bench.

LTBaByyy

Smith isnt a bum, he avg 16 pts, 9 reb, 4 ast!!!

Kakaroach
07-05-2010, 11:12 PM
People do realize the Hawks want a PG right? Their not trading him for picks and fillers.

Maybe a Darren Collison+other pieces for him? Calderon makes sense too.

krest213
07-05-2010, 11:12 PM
Tony Parker+ RMJ for Bibby and Smith( can u said the Return of The Silver and Black if that would happen)

spreadeagle
07-05-2010, 11:14 PM
Devin Harris?

SANDBURG23
07-05-2010, 11:14 PM
you think they would trade josh smith/bibby or marv for andre miller

you do not want to do this

LTBaByyy
07-05-2010, 11:15 PM
Tony Parker+ RMJ for Bibby and Smith( can u said the Return of The Silver and Black if that would happen)

This would prob be the best trade honestly,

Especially when TD only has about 2 more years

JNA17
07-05-2010, 11:16 PM
People do realize the Hawks want a PG right?

Odom can play PG :D, he has before and whenever he's in the game, most of the time he brings the ball up the court....

I WANT SMITH!!!! NOW!!!!

LTBaByyy
you do not want to do this

You would give up Josh Smith plus bibby or marv for Andre Miller are you serious??? He is not a top notch pg!!

Top notch means top 10

SA5195
I'll give you anyone except Derozan, Weems, Amir, and Bargs.

Take Calderon lol, since they want a PG.

thenetslegend
07-05-2010, 11:19 PM
josh smith for dirk :)

mser58
07-05-2010, 11:20 PM
What top notch PG can they get?

There is none on the trading block, hornets said they arent trading paul

So there basically is no one else

Bad move!!! Josh Smith is a beast!! all he needs is a jumpshot then def all star consecutive years

nice

Kakaroach
07-05-2010, 11:26 PM
Tony Parker+ RMJ for Bibby and Smith( can u said the Return of The Silver and Black if that would happen) That sounds like a good deal for both teams, certainly improves where both have weaknesses.

Odom can play PG :D, he has before and whenever he's in the game, most of the time he brings the ball up the court....

I WANT SMITH!!!! NOW!!!! Haha true that. Full-time PG though? Yet to be seen but I wouldn't put it past Odom.

Tmath
07-05-2010, 11:29 PM
Hedo, Calderon & Bellineli for J smith & Bibby

Jeff Boyd
07-05-2010, 11:30 PM
Iggy and Lou for Smith

Gilly1254
07-05-2010, 11:30 PM
Im sure contracts would be in question especially since hawks just signed JJ to max deal... But, what about Josh Smith and bibby for Gilbert Arenas package or something on the lines

5ass
07-05-2010, 11:31 PM
josh smith+mike bibby for jameer nelson+marcin gortat+brandon bass.. hawks need a center, even if they get shaq hes not enough hes too old and cant play 40 mpg like he used to.. magic need a gd PF, josh smith would be great.. hes also dwights old teammate..

kjdills13
07-05-2010, 11:35 PM
smith

for

Steve Nash ,

cubbiesalldaway
07-05-2010, 11:40 PM
Smith+pick for Luol Deng and Taj Gibson

cubs0707
07-05-2010, 11:41 PM
deal

JNA17
07-05-2010, 11:43 PM
Haha true that. Full-time PG though? Yet to be seen but I wouldn't put it past Odom.

Full time is possible, to be honest I'm not 100% positive but HOWEVER, the hawks have a back up point guard who they love see Odom does not have to play 35 min of PG all the time.

either way.....

I WANT SMITH NOW!!!! i need my 2nd and 1st favorite players on the same team damn it! :mad:

MacFitz92
07-05-2010, 11:46 PM
They ain't getting Roddy :no:

jimbobjarree
07-05-2010, 11:48 PM
if CP3 isnt moving, I wonder what 'top notch' PGs they have a shot at. Tony Parker/Aaron Brooks/Darren Collison seem the most likely I guess.

JNA17
07-05-2010, 11:52 PM
if CP3 isnt moving, I wonder what 'top notch' PGs they have a shot at. Tony Parker/Aaron Brooks/Darren Collison/Lamar Odom seem the most likely I guess.

fixed :D

RaiderLakersA's
07-05-2010, 11:59 PM
Full time is possible, to be honest I'm not 100% positive but HOWEVER, the hawks have a back up point guard who they love see Odom does not have to play 35 min of PG all the time.

either way.....

I WANT SMITH NOW!!!! i need my 2nd and 1st favorite players on the same team damn it! :mad:

If anything, the Hawks would probably ask for Bynum, who is better on a bad knee than Shaq is on two good ones.

VinceCarter
07-06-2010, 12:00 AM
Devin Harris and Kris Humphries
for
Josh Smith and futrure 2nd. PERFECT.

colinskik
07-06-2010, 12:02 AM
JSmooth is sicknasty. Why would the Hawks want to get rid of him?

PrettyBoyJ
07-06-2010, 12:04 AM
I think they should trade him.. add a better low post scorer.. they should have tried to sign and trade for Bosh or Amare before he signed with the Knicks.. they have a pretty good team there just about 2 pieces away from probably winning 2 games in the 2nd round

kjdills13
07-06-2010, 12:04 AM
Honestly i think the trade will be

Spurs trade Tony Parker

Hawks trade Josh smith

it give the spurs a pf and play duncan at the 5

hawks get a star pg

x_notorious
07-06-2010, 12:07 AM
The Hornets should be all over this.

reffahead
07-06-2010, 12:07 AM
"According to league sources". Yeah like last year when chad ford and mark bradley(ajc) were claiming he was getting traded. It's not happening captain.

reffahead
07-06-2010, 12:09 AM

Wait you want us to give a pick as well, man I'm logging off this site permanently.

$KnicksAndKobe$
07-06-2010, 12:15 AM
The Hornets should be all over this.

OMG, Paul to J-smooth alley oop ... OMG

Collison+Okafor for Smith+Teuage

Perfect trade. Hawks get their PG of the future and a center to help Horford .

NO gets a monster for Paul, and a cheap pg

The Dream
07-06-2010, 12:20 AM
Josh smith is not going anywhere.

and lol at a net fan saying humpries and devin harris for smith

Atownballa5
07-06-2010, 12:25 AM
grega1976 love the sig

dimedrpr
07-06-2010, 12:29 AM
Thunder offer Jeff Green & Eric Maynor. I don't want to lose Green but for Josh Smith I'd live with it.

VinceCarter
07-06-2010, 12:37 AM
Josh smith is not going anywhere.

and lol at a net fan saying humpries and devin harris for smith

Offering too much? Just trying to unload Humphries in the process.

The Jokemaker
07-06-2010, 12:47 AM
I'd say Josh Smith and Marvin plus either a first round draft pick or Bibby would get it done for Paul. That's an excellent package

The Dream
07-06-2010, 12:52 AM
Offering too much? Just trying to unload Humphries in the process.

Na, more like offering too little

DaoudS
07-06-2010, 12:53 AM

Maybe you want Marvin Williams in that deal too....

ChiSox219
07-06-2010, 12:55 AM
Collison/West for Josh Smith

CP3 and J Smoove is :drool:

LA_Raiders
07-06-2010, 12:55 AM
after signing JJ it means they want to contend not rebuild. so it really doesnt make sence to trade Josh. Bringing shaq would make them a great team...

They do need a PG, bibby is done IMO...

jim51990
07-06-2010, 01:06 AM
ill give you sheds contract, bradley and a first

E-Man117
07-06-2010, 01:17 AM
J Smooth, for CB4 and next year its an all Raptor NBA dunk comp with DeRozan, Weems, Smith and Amir Johnson.

VinceCarter
07-06-2010, 01:18 AM
Na, more like offering too little

Well obviously you do not understand the ability of Devin Harris. Especially being a PG . The Hawks want a PG right?

VinceCarter
07-06-2010, 01:20 AM
J Smooth, for CB4 and next year its an all Raptor NBA dunk comp with DeRozan, Weems, Smith and Amir Johnson.

Then sign Nate, Joe Alexander, Shannon Brown, and Gerald Green.

caddiemaster
07-06-2010, 01:20 AM
How bout for monta ellis?Maybee even throw in anthony randolph and you would have both our baby faces!It would be better the david lee!

The Dream
07-06-2010, 01:22 AM
Well obviously you do not understand the ability of Devin Harris. Especially being a PG . The Hawks want a PG right?

i watch about 30 net games a year since they're on YES. I think i kno who devin harris is. but then i know who josh smith is and harris is nothing special

JRisdabest
07-06-2010, 01:33 AM
Hes going to the la.......................clippers

kylem4711
07-06-2010, 02:24 AM
clippers it is. for baron davis and a first

IversonIsKrazy
07-06-2010, 02:33 AM
Darren Collison? Chris Paul? Jose Calderon? WHOOOOOOOOOOO

JiffyMix88
07-06-2010, 02:50 AM
damn that would be stupid of em

dre1990
07-06-2010, 02:53 AM
The Hawks shouldnt trade him if they now whats good for them (baring the possibility of getting CP3)

NYK_kidd77
07-06-2010, 02:55 AM
Curry+Duhon.

*Silver&Black*
07-06-2010, 03:00 AM
The only way Josh Smith is traded is for a PG like CP3, Deron, Nash, Wall, Rose, and maybe Rondo. Since NONE of them will be traded, Josh Smith won't go anywhere. It's not like they want to get rid of him. Just to see what is out there.

dimedrpr
07-06-2010, 03:09 AM
The only way Josh Smith is traded is for a PG like CP3, Deron, Nash, Wall, Rose, and maybe Rondo. Since NONE of them will be traded, Josh Smith won't go anywhere. It's not like they want to get rid of him. Just to see what is out there.

Wow, list the top pg's in the league + Wall and that's what it would take to get Josh Smith? It's not like he's a top 10 player. Nobody should be giving up anybody on that list for Josh Smith. You said "maybe Rondo" as if the Hawks wouldn't trade Smith for Rondo in a heartbeat.

*Silver&Black*
07-06-2010, 03:15 AM
Wow, list the top pg's in the league + Wall and that's what it would take to get Josh Smith? It's not like he's a top 10 player. Nobody should be giving up anybody on that list for Josh Smith. You said "maybe Rondo" as if the Hawks wouldn't trade Smith for Rondo in a heartbeat.

In a Josh Smith package. We will just keep him if the offers are Andre Miller type. I said the only way we would trade him (package with even trades) is for a top PG. He is a top 10 PF, so they would want a top 10 PG, not a scrub. THEY DON'T NEED TO TRADE HIM. That is what people don't seem to understand.

This isn't a "Quick! We need to get rid of him. Offer scrubs!". It's more of a "If we can trade this player to better the team with another player, we will".

dimedrpr
07-06-2010, 03:21 AM
In a Josh Smith package. We will just keep him if the offers are Andre Miller type. I said the only way we would trade him (package with even trades) is for a top PG. He is a top 10 PF, so they would want a top 10 PG, not a scrub. THEY DON'T NEED TO TRADE HIM. That is what people don't seem to understand.

They don't "need" to trade him but the team they had last year isn't going to win any championships so they "need" to do something. Besides, the top 10 PG's in the league are better than the top 5 PF's in the league at this point. I wouldn't trade him for Andre Miller straight up but you can't expect to get any of those top flight guys for Josh Smith. He's a nice fantasy player and definitely brings some good things to a team but he's not a franchise guy. You're an Atlanta fan; what would you suggest they do at this point?

*Silver&Black*
07-06-2010, 03:25 AM
They don't "need" to trade him but the team they had last year isn't going to win any championships so they "need" to do something. Besides, the top 10 PG's in the league are better than the top 5 PF's in the league at this point. I wouldn't trade him for Andre Miller straight up but you can't expect to get any of those top flight guys for Josh Smith. He's a nice fantasy player and definitely brings some good things to a team but he's not a franchise guy. You're an Atlanta fan; what would you suggest they do at this point?

Well what I WOULD of done was not offer JJ max. But since that happened, I would like to see this summer throughout since JJ said he will try to bring people here (Shaq being rumored).

Josh Smith should stay unless a trade that betters the team is offered. He is our best all-around player and prob top 3 all-around players in the league (besides 3-point shooting, but Lebron can't even master that). Why else would we just trade him so another team can then overhype him? It's like a player sucks until he is on another fans' team, then all of a sudden he is the best player ever.

Hawks has said Horford WILL stay at center, so why would we trade our only PF? Josh Smith and Al Horford is one of the best 4-5 combos in the league. Lakers come to mind that are better at this point. I like the Shaq idea, with the idea being he comes off the bench. So we will see what happens, but I highly doubt Josh Smith will ever be in another uni unless someone named Chris Paul is starting on the Hawks.

Denver-boy
07-06-2010, 03:26 AM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=273t9wa

:up: nice!! top notch PG= Arenas?? oh u guys will love him...

Derick713
07-06-2010, 03:32 AM
The Hawks really can't afford to keep Josh Smith if they intend of keeping Al Horford. Horford is due to get an extension and is a better fit at PF.

If I'm the Celtics I would offer Rasheed's expiring contract for Marvin Williams. Williams can be the athletic wing defender they need. The Hawks could get a little cap relief.

TheBay30
07-06-2010, 03:35 AM
Monta Ellis + Andris Biedrins for Josh Smith .
Hoping for that.

TheBay30
07-06-2010, 03:36 AM
But idk, cause monta is the future !

dimedrpr
07-06-2010, 03:38 AM
Well what I WOULD of done was not offer JJ max. But since that happened, I would like to see this summer throughout since JJ said he will try to bring people here (Shaq being rumored).

Josh Smith should stay unless a trade that betters the team is offered. He is our best all-around player and prob top 3 all-around players in the league (besides 3-point shooting, but Lebron can't even master that). Why else would we just trade him so another team can then overhype him? It's like a player sucks until he is on another fans' team, then all of a sudden he is the best player ever.

Hawks has said Horford WILL stay at center, so why would we trade our only PF? Josh Smith and Al Horford is one of the best 4-5 combos in the league. Lakers come to mind that are better at this point. I like the Shaq idea, with the idea being he comes off the bench. So we will see what happens, but I highly doubt Josh Smith will ever be in another uni unless someone named Chris Paul is starting on the Hawks.

Obviously the JJ max deal was awful but I sure hope you're not really expecting Shaq to be any kind of answer to the Hawks problems. The ONLY reasons he will play at all next year is money and ego. He should be hanging it up at this point. JJ can't bring any players to Atlanta without them moving someone and it looks like Atlanta thinks their only real bargaining chip is Smith. They don't want to move Horford obviously because quality C's (even undersized C's) are so hard to find. Hell, maybe the Hawks can convince D'Antoni to play Smith and Amar'e together and they could move him for Lee and Curry's expiring contract. Then you get a 4 back and some cap flexibility next year.

chitown 4 life
07-06-2010, 03:56 AM
3 team deal n.o gets deng+taj+chi-draftpick atl gets west+Collison chicago gets smith... this might work what do you all think

dimedrpr
07-06-2010, 04:18 AM
3 team deal n.o gets deng+taj+chi-draftpick atl gets west+Collison chicago gets smith... this might work what do you all think

Pretty bad deal for N.O. in my opinion. Nobody wants Deng and giving up West and Collison should get you a nice return.

How would Hawks fans and Hornets fans feel about this:

Darren Collison
David West
James Posey

for

Josh Smith
Marvin Williams
2011 1st

Posey has to be included for salary reasons which is a good thing for N.O. because they don't want to be paying him 6 mill for the next 2 years I'm sure. This way Atlanta gets their PG and a solid PF back and N.O. gets a more athletic PF and the SF they desperately need. Can you imagine trying to get shots off in the paint with Josh Smith and Okafor guarding the basket?

Hawks would look like this:

Darren Collison
Joe Johnson
James Posey
David West
Al Horford

Hornets would look like this:

Chris Paul
Marcus Thornton
Marvin Williams
Josh Smith
Emeka Okafor

Hawks would be wise at that point to offer MLE to Miller or Korver maybe.

ldc62
07-06-2010, 04:26 AM
Pretty bad deal for N.O. in my opinion. Nobody wants Deng and giving up West and Collison should get you a nice return.

Darren Collison
David West
James Posey

for

Josh Smith
Marvin Williams
2011 1st

Posey has to be included for salary reasons which is a good thing for N.O. because they don't want to be paying him 6 mill for the next 2 years I'm sure. This way Atlanta gets their PG and a solid PF back and N.O. gets a more athletic PF and the SF they desperately need. Can you imagine trying to get shots off in the paint with Josh Smith and Okafor guarding the basket?

Darren Collison
Joe Johnson
James Posey
David West
Al Horford

Chris Paul
Marcus Thornton
Marvin Williams
Josh Smith
Emeka Okafor

Fair trade..

chitown 4 life
07-06-2010, 04:31 AM

Darren Collison
David West
James Posey

for

Josh Smith
Marvin Williams
2011 1st

Darren Collison
Joe Johnson
James Posey
David West
Al Horford

Chris Paul
Marcus Thornton
Marvin Williams
Josh Smith
Emeka Okafor

i see what your staying but deng is not that bad i mean 12 mil a year for 18pts 6reb 4ast and good d is not really that bad is it?

chitown 4 life
07-06-2010, 04:35 AM

Darren Collison
David West
James Posey

for

Josh Smith
Marvin Williams
2011 1st

Darren Collison
Joe Johnson
James Posey
David West
Al Horford

Chris Paul
Marcus Thornton
Marvin Williams
Josh Smith
Emeka Okafor

and you got taj who as a rook put up some nice numbers 11pts 8reb only gonna get better and cap friendly

PHX2daDEATH
07-06-2010, 04:42 AM
This is the problem I had with Joe Johnson's deal.. Horford is going to keep getting better.. Smith is going to keep getting better.. Joe Johnson has reached his peak, Why would you risk losing Smith or Hortford. Id let JJ walk and give the money to Smoove and big Al. with that being said.. I'd give up Earl Clark and Barbosa for him quickly!!

dimedrpr
07-06-2010, 04:47 AM
If I was N.O., I would much rather have Josh Smith and Marvin Williams than Deng and Taj though. Deng has 4 more years on that big contract also which is why he's so hard to move right now.

dimedrpr
07-06-2010, 04:50 AM
and you got taj who as a rook put up some nice numbers 11pts 8reb only gonna get better and cap friendly

Not sure where you're getting your numbers but Taj put up 9pts 7.5reb and Deng put up 17.5pts, 7reb, and 2ast. Just wanted to be correct on the stats.

TRF929
07-06-2010, 04:54 AM
Right when I started reading this I thought of Tony Parker. You could do TP for Smith straight up if you wanted too, but you can also move other smal guys if you want

The Raven
07-06-2010, 05:29 AM
DO IT MITCH. he's a beast

Allstar21
07-06-2010, 05:52 AM
i dont know why the hawks would do this

are they already regretting signing JJ and blowing up their team?

Josh smith matured so much last year it was unbelievable....he is poised to make another maturity and play quality leap this year again
But for fun.....would the hawks want favors?

Josh Smith for favors ?

i dunno who else is looking for a player like josh smith...he is so unique
Time to go play with the NBA trade machine

Allstar21
07-06-2010, 06:03 AM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=27g5mqe
This is what i came up with quickly

MagicBucsSox
07-06-2010, 06:54 AM
laker fans need to leave the thread when clearly they want a pg and lakers havent had one since magic j.

MagicBucsSox
07-06-2010, 06:55 AM
i dont know why the hawks would do this

are they already regretting signing JJ and blowing up their team?

Josh smith matured so much last year it was unbelievable....he is poised to make another maturity and play quality leap this year again
But for fun.....would the hawks want favors?

Josh Smith for favors ?

i dunno who else is looking for a player like josh smith...he is so unique
Time to go play with the NBA trade machine

matured ? really? the guy quit playing vs Orlando

ruslan898
07-06-2010, 11:01 AM
Another update:

NBA reporter David Aldridge writes that the Hawks "would only contemplate moving [Josh] Smith for a major, star player at power forward."
The Hawks probably prefer more size and back-to-the-basket skills at the PF spot, but the odds of Smith being traded seem fairly low. This also doesn't mesh with the idea of Shaq playing center and Al Horford sliding to PF -- quite reasonably, Alddridge writes that "the Hawks also do not want to mess too much with a team that won 53 games in the regular season."

Kakaroach
07-06-2010, 11:05 AM
For a PF? Thats surprising, even though they do need a legit PF I think PG is a bigger need for them.

S-Dot
07-06-2010, 11:07 AM
Another update:

David Aldridge is the man. But yeah, I'm not sure how I feel about them trading J-Smoove at this point in his career. He does alot of the intangibles for that team.

Unless they feel he's reached his maximum potential, then I wouldn't trade him yet.

Efunn=i
07-06-2010, 11:35 AM
I could see josh smith going 2 a team like the timbewolves only becuz the portland trade doesnt seem realistic. three players for a decent point guard in andre miller. sure u could shift smith 2 the small foward slot, but i dont see y the hawks would wanna do dat joe johnson was sold on the pitch that he would have a big three of his own with smith and al horford. now if josh smith was 2 go 2 a team like the twolves u could get a young raw talent like johhny flynn as well as kevin love. sure ur small foward slot would b weak 4 a year but dont 4get that josh childress would becoming bak 2 the nba in the summer. projected line up if the twolves trade goes though
pg-johhny flyyn
sg-jamal crawford
sf-joe johnson
pf- kevin love
c- al horford
role players- zaza, shaq, jordan crawford

ruslan898
07-06-2010, 11:48 AM
I could see josh smith going 2 a team like the timbewolves only becuz the portland trade doesnt seem realistic. three players for a decent point guard in andre miller. sure u could shift smith 2 the small foward slot, but i dont see y the hawks would wanna do dat joe johnson was sold on the pitch that he would have a big three of his own with smith and al horford. now if josh smith was 2 go 2 a team like the twolves u could get a young raw talent like johhny flynn as well as kevin love. sure ur small foward slot would b weak 4 a year but dont 4get that josh childress would becoming bak 2 the nba in the summer. projected line up if the twolves trade goes though
pg-johhny flyyn
sg-jamal crawford
sf-joe johnson
pf- kevin love
c- al horford
role players- zaza, shaq, jordan crawford

They should trade him for Rubio....

Efunn=i
07-06-2010, 11:50 AM
you cant include rubio becuz he wont be returning 2 the nba anytime soon joe johnson is commited 2 winnig ryte now not waitng there would b no point in signing shaq or even trading in the 1st place

bmac_121
07-06-2010, 11:59 AM
I don't think the Hawks are shopping him so much as just listening to other teams about him. That's how you see what your player's value truly is and if you get a offer you feel is too good to pass up then pull the trigger. But, I doubt the Hawks are truly exploring to trade Smoove, just entertaining offers.

*Silver&Black*
07-06-2010, 12:06 PM
I would actually have to seriously think about Flynn and Love for Josh Smith. I doubt the Wolves would do that but that would help the Hawks with the PG and PF spot.

Flynn/Teague
Joe/Jamal/Jordan
Marvin (unless we trade him in another deal)
Love
Horford

That is a solid team. Hate to lose Smith though, but Love is a rebound machine and can pass. Pretty much what Smith can do outside of blocking and his high flying sportcenter plays.

Efunn=i
07-06-2010, 12:14 PM
well u would also would b losing mavin and bibby that way u not only set urself up 4 an eastern conferance playoffs match up but that trade could also put the timberwolves over the hump and possibly become a 7 or 8 seed in the west.
pg-bibby
sg-corey brewer
sf-wesely johnson
pf-josh smith
c- al jefferson
role plaers- darko, mavin williams, ramon seesions

*Silver&Black*
07-06-2010, 12:19 PM
well u would also would b losing mavin and bibby that way u not only set urself up 4 an eastern conferance playoffs match up but that trade could also put the timberwolves over the hump and possibly become a 7 or 8 seed in the west.
pg-bibby
sg-corey brewer
sf-wesely johnson
pf-josh smith
c- al jefferson
role plaers- darko, mavin williams, ramon seesions

Trading Bibby and Marvin in that deal is even better for us, clearing money. Would the Wolves do that though?

Flynn and Love for Josh Smith, Marvin and Bibby? And IF we get Shaq:

Flynn/Teague
Joe/Jamal/Jordan
Evans/Joe
Love/Zaza
Horford/Shaq

Efunn=i
07-06-2010, 12:29 PM
thats the idea and wit the cap u should be able 2 sign another talent 2 help cover the sf postion

reffahead
07-06-2010, 02:08 PM
People have to give Teague a fair shot before signing or trading for a pg. Again the hawks have major pieces to move during the deadline that can bring something worthwhile back. Like the above poster said, only listening unless OKC wanted to trade ilbaka and westbrook.

Nyyyccceee
07-06-2010, 02:41 PM
E. Brand & Lou Williams 4 Josh Smith and M. Williams. It has already happened in my own mind...now its time to wake up, lol. According to ESPN's Trade Machine, the money works and it improves both teams, just sayin

*Silver&Black*
07-06-2010, 02:43 PM
E. Brand & Lou Williams 4 Josh Smith and M. Williams. It has already happened in my own mind...now its time to wake up, lol. According to ESPN's Trade Machine, the money works and it improves both teams, just sayin

No it doesn't.

Swashcuff
07-06-2010, 02:43 PM

please tell me how this deal improves the Hawks? And why would they do this? And why does philly take Marvin Williams?

S-Dot
07-06-2010, 02:45 PM

No offense to your mind, but this isn't happening. ATL is getting ripped off if they do this trade right now. Brand hasn't proven himself to be back yet, and with Teague, Crawford, and Bibby, the Hawks don't necessarily need Lou Williams either.

*Silver&Black*
07-06-2010, 02:50 PM
1. We don't need to trade Josh Smith. It's just to see what his value is. So the Scrub and Trash trades won't happen.

2. We don't need an average PG. We have Bibby (still a good leader and vet), Teague (who right now looks to be the starter) and like the above poster said Jamal can handle PG too, since the 4th always had a Jamal/Joe backcourt anyways.

Not saying it will happen, but the only PG we will trade Josh Smith for is an elite one. There is no reason to trade him for an average one. Josh Smith and Al Horford is a good duo to just trade Smith for scrubs.

5ass
07-06-2010, 02:58 PM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=27g5mqe
This is what i came up with quickly

won't work orlando already has jameer and duhon why would they get 2 more pgs?

kjdills13
07-06-2010, 03:00 PM
suns- Josh Smith

Knicks- Amare

Hawks- David Lee

David Lee is a top 7 pf in the game ( even tho he plays center with the knicks) i wonder if the hawks would do something like this. I know the suns and Knicks fans would do it.

*Silver&Black*
07-06-2010, 03:03 PM
suns- Josh Smith

Knicks- Amare

Hawks- David Lee

David Lee is a top 7 pf in the game ( even tho he plays center with the knicks) i wonder if the hawks would do something like this. I know the suns and Knicks fans would do it.

Josh Smith>David Lee.

Unruly Fan
07-06-2010, 03:10 PM
In NBA 2K8 Joey Graham for J Smooth straight up worked...

Denver-boy
07-06-2010, 03:38 PM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine

Trade Idea!!

Hawks Get:

- PG: Devin Harris (From Nets)
- PF: Yi Jianlian (From Nets)
- C: Nene Hilario (From Nuggets)

Nets Get:

- PG: Mike Bibby (From Hawks)
- SF: Marvin Williams (From Hawks)
- PF: Renaldo Balkman (From Nuggets)
- Nuggets 2nd round pick 2011, 2012

Nuggets Get:

- PF: Josh Smith (From Hawks)
- G: K. Dooling (From Nets)

I think its a fair DEAL!!! imo it works for everyone...... thumbs up or Down?

Swashcuff
07-06-2010, 03:41 PM

Trade Idea!!

Hawks Get:
- PG: Devin Harris
- PF: Yi Jianlian
- C: Nene Hilario

Nets Get:

- PG: Mike Bibby
- SF: Marvin Williams
- PF: Renaldo Balkman

Nuggets Get:

- PF: Josh Smith
- G: K. Dooling

Fail Deal

Dool and Yi are no longer Nets

other than that this is an absolute HORRIBLE deal did Jamarcus Russel get the purple drank from u?

Denver-boy
07-06-2010, 03:53 PM
Fail Deal

Dool and Yi are no longer Nets

other than that this is an absolute HORRIBLE deal did Jamarcus Russel get the purple drank from u?

how is this a Fail Idea? besides the fact that nets dont have YI or Dool, that deal is fair!!! lmao dude better question, is this Chris Simms cuz u have to be high

*Silver&Black*
07-06-2010, 04:08 PM
Guys. Guys. Stop fighting.

Atl will just keep the awesome duo of Josh Smith and Al Horford.;)

Ovratd1up
07-06-2010, 04:25 PM
For Tony Parker.
Sign Shaq.

Parker/Teague
Crawford/Bibby
Johnson/Marvin
Horford/Joe Smith
Shaq/Pachulia

5ass
07-06-2010, 04:26 PM
Guys. Guys. Stop fighting.

Atl will just keep the awesome duo of Josh Smith and Al Horford.;)

so youre saying the best thing to do is start shaq at center, push horford to pf, josh smith to sf, jj at sg and bibby/teague to pg?

*Silver&Black*
07-06-2010, 04:28 PM
so youre saying the best thing to do is start shaq at center, push horford to pf, josh smith to sf, jj at sg and bibby/teague to pg?

NO, Josh Smith at PF Horford at C (where he got to become an all-star and the Hawks have said yesterday they are not moving him from C). Shaq off the bench, IF he comes here.

We might trade Marvin and Bibby too.

Teague
Joe/Jamal/Jordan
Marvin?
Josh
Al/Shaq

kjdills13
07-06-2010, 04:34 PM

Trade Idea!!

Hawks Get:

- PG: Devin Harris (From Nets)
- PF: Yi Jianlian (From Nets)
- C: Nene Hilario (From Nuggets)

Nets Get:

- PG: Mike Bibby (From Hawks)
- SF: Marvin Williams (From Hawks)
- PF: Renaldo Balkman (From Nuggets)
- Nuggets 2nd round pick 2011, 2012

Nuggets Get:

- PF: Josh Smith (From Hawks)
- G: K. Dooling (From Nets)

DOWN first of all we all know that Yi and Dooling are not on the nets.

now even if they were on the roster why would hte nuggest trade there starting center for another small power forward. Smith and Martin can not paly together.

why would the nets trade there all star caliber young pg for an old backup pg a average sf and then a backup pf and second round pick??

Imagine how bad the nets would be if they did that trade

Thisisouryear!!
07-06-2010, 04:34 PM
curry and chandler for smith

*Silver&Black*
07-06-2010, 04:39 PM
curry and chandler for smith

Have you not read anything? We are trying to IMPROVE. Not WANTING to trade him. Improve our roster.

20GoodTimes20
07-06-2010, 04:41 PM

kjdills13
07-06-2010, 04:45 PM
Josh Smith>David Lee.

i agree but there has to be a reason they want to trade him for another pf ? Lee is probably the best pf they can get for him and Lee is a better rebounder but not as good of player. I was just saying if the hawks want to get rid of him thats a fair deal all around.

Thisisouryear!!
07-06-2010, 04:48 PM
lee for smith would actually be a good trade for both teams

*Silver&Black*
07-06-2010, 04:50 PM
i agree but there has to be a reason they want to trade him for another pf ? Lee is probably the best pf they can get for him and Lee is a better rebounder but not as good of player. I was just saying if the hawks want to get rid of him thats a fair deal all around.

Maybe that "Trade him for another PF" was just a made-up rumor? You know, like Lebron signing with every team in the NBA.:D

Josh Smith is the fan's fav player on the Hawks and the Hawks know this. He isn't going nowhere, unless a team improving trade happens. I also doubt the Hawks would sign JJ max and then dump Josh Smith. If they were to dump the younger, better player, they wouldn't of re-signed Joe to try to win a title.

CowboysKB24
07-06-2010, 04:54 PM
He would fit great on any contending team.

#1chickhearnfan
07-06-2010, 05:01 PM

I WANT SMITH!!!! NOW!!!!

Relax, Damn :crazy:

5ass
07-06-2010, 05:07 PM
NO, Josh Smith at PF Horford at C (where he got to become an all-star and the Hawks have said yesterday they are not moving him from C). Shaq off the bench, IF he comes here.

We might trade Marvin and Bibby too.

Teague
Joe/Jamal/Jordan
Marvin?
Josh
Al/Shaq

Horford cant play at center, dwight dominated the hawks in the playoffs and if the bucks had Bogut they probably would have eliminated them from the first round

*Silver&Black*
07-06-2010, 05:08 PM
The fact is other teams' fans only want to better their team.

The thing is the Hawks' line-up won 50+ games last year and was one of the top East teams. No need to screw that up. We got smashed by the Magic because we didn't have guys to match-up with.

A guy like Shaq off the bench for those mismatch games will do wonders. We don't need to mess up our team's starting line-up just for the games against the Magic.

So trading Josh Smith to your "fav" team for scrubs is stupid, and you should know that. We, just like every other team that has a chance in the playoffs, are wanting to improve to win a title. Not to help out your fav team.

*Silver&Black*
07-06-2010, 05:09 PM
Horford cant play at center, dwight dominated the hawks in the playoffs and if the bucks had Bogut they probably would have eliminated them from the first round

:facepalm:Horford can't play center?

I'm sorry, but:

1. We won 50+ games with Horford at center.

2. He became an All-Star at Center.

3. Name 10 guys better than Horford at center. You can't.

Yes there are 2-3 teams we can't match-up with, but that doesn't mean we need a new starter at center. Have Shaq off the bench until we play a Magic team, then start him.

Mr.ATLHawks
07-06-2010, 05:35 PM

wuth Luols Bad Contract no thanks....trading one bad shooter for another..If we get Shaq Horford slides down to the 4 so we are good PF. JJ just got resigned so we are jam packed at the 2 with JJ, both J Crawford although Jamal will see 1 time. So I think the Primary concern should be SF quite honestly, Marvin is ok whjen into the game but i think its more of an effort when it comes to his game. Statistically speaking, one of the best mid range jump shooters in the NBA (Childress could fit nicely as our 3). With Childress effort is never an issue.. I would hate to see Josh Smith leave, having played against him in high school, so my ideal trade value for him (stat stuffer) would be slightly higher then others...

JR Smith/Ty Lawson for J Smoove....
Oden/R.Fernandez/Bayless for J Smoove...
Someone mentioned it earlier but Odom/1st/Vujacic for J Smoove

Mr.ATLHawks
07-06-2010, 05:38 PM

If you're going to this why Note Josh Smith for Chris Bosh, or for Carlos Boozer...a few better options then David Lee out there at this point

5ass
07-06-2010, 05:38 PM
:facepalm:Horford can't play center?

I'm sorry, but:

1. We won 50+ games with Horford at center.

2. He became an All-Star at Center.

3. Name 10 guys better than Horford at center. You can't.

Yes there are 2-3 teams we can't match-up with, but that doesn't mean we need a new starter at center. Have Shaq off the bench until we play a Magic team, then start him.

Lsn to win a championship youre eventually going to face a team with a rlly gd center, if you want to make it to the playoffs then i guess horford is fine, but if youre going after rings you should get a better center. and i think i can name 10 centers bogut, howard, duncan, ming, bynum, jefferson, oden, shaq, david lee, okur.. im just saying if horford plays PF like he's supposed to he'd probably be one of the best in the league

Mr.ATLHawks
07-06-2010, 05:43 PM
Lsn to win a championship youre eventually going to face a team with a rlly gd center, if you want to make it to the playoffs then i guess horford is fine, but if youre going after rings you should get a better center. and i think i can name 10 centers bogut, howard, duncan, ming, bynum, jefferson, oden, shaq, david lee, okur.. im just saying if horford plays PF like he's supposed to he'd probably be one of the best in the league

Okur!!!!!! wtf!!!! HORFORD > ******* OKUR

zambo4president
07-06-2010, 06:15 PM
Monta Ellis for Josh Smith? In principle not straight up, I can't think of another PG (If you wanna call him that) that would be at about his value.

Swashcuff
07-06-2010, 06:33 PM
how is this a Fail Idea? besides the fact that nets dont have YI or Dool, that deal is fair!!! lmao dude better question, is this Chris Simms cuz u have to be high

Man your suggestion is laughable in so many ways. Why would the nets trade their number one scoring threat for a washed up Mike Bibby an career underperformer and a end of the bench player. And then u try to defend yourself. Sigh.... I'm high? Look at your suggestion.

nuggetsyankees
07-06-2010, 06:37 PM
The Nuggets could trade Nene and Balkman for him :D but we wouldn't have a C :(

*Silver&Black*
07-06-2010, 06:41 PM
and i think i can name 10 centers bogut, howard, duncan, ming, bynum, jefferson, oden, shaq, david lee, okur.. im just saying if horford plays PF like he's supposed to he'd probably be one of the best in the league

Dude,

1. Don't say Horford can't play center then name other PFs (Lee, Jefferson, Duncan).

2. Okur is better than Horford?:facepalm:

Again, I test anyone to name 10 true centers that can produce better than what Horford can do at the center position, then explain why Horford was named to the all-star team if he couldn't play the position he got in for.

No one can hate on the fact the Hawks have a top 10 SG, a top 10 PF, and a top 10 Center/PF in Horford.

CowboysKB24
07-06-2010, 06:43 PM
The fact is other teams' fans only want to better their team.

The thing is the Hawks' line-up won 50+ games last year and was one of the top East teams. No need to screw that up. We got smashed by the Magic because we didn't have guys to match-up with.

A guy like Shaq off the bench for those mismatch games will do wonders. We don't need to mess up our team's starting line-up just for the games against the Magic.

So trading Josh Smith to your "fav" team for scrubs is stupid, and you should know that. We, just like every other team that has a chance in the playoffs, are wanting to improve to win a title. Not to help out your fav team.

Hawks need a leader. They need a better coach. They have a boat load of talent, but they don't have a true leader. They have been consistent the past few years, but they never once were ever a threat to win the east or make it to the finals. They need changes. Signing Joe Johnson back was a bad idea IMO. He is not worth a max contract.

CowboysKB24
07-06-2010, 06:44 PM
Dude,

1. Don't say Horford can't play center then name other PFs (Lee, Jefferson, Duncan).

Again, I test anyone to name 10 true centers that can produce better than what Horford can do at the center position, then explain why Horford was named to the all-star team if he couldn't play the position he got in for.

No one can hate on the fact the Hawks have a top 10 SG, a top 10 PF, and a top 10 Center/PF in Horford.

Okay, they do have that, but they still don't get the job done. I like the Hawks and their squad, but they have to make changes if they want to get to the next level. They aren't going to win the East or get near the finals with their current squad.

J_M_B
07-06-2010, 06:56 PM
Darren Collison would look really good with the Hawks or maybe go after Aaron Brooks..

Maybe even Tony Parker, but I'm not sure how Josh Smith can fit in the Spurs system. Probably move Duncan to center..

Monta Ellis?

I can see any of those guards fitting in well with Atlanta.

Allstar21
07-06-2010, 07:09 PM
hawks dont need monta ellis if they are gonna keep jamal crawford

97NYer
07-06-2010, 07:10 PM
then what do they do with aldridge?

Play Smith at SF where he belongs.

Swashcuff
07-06-2010, 07:12 PM

have u seen Josh Smith play the past two seasons? He has proven that he is indeed a PF and not a SF anymore

*Silver&Black*
07-06-2010, 07:15 PM

The ONLY reason he even played SF on this team is because when he first got here, Al Harrington was here at PF and Smith/Chill had to share the SF spot. When Marvin was drafted they tried Marvin at PF behind Harrington to keep Smith as a starter. When Harrington was finally out of here, they moved Josh to PF where he belongs and Marvin into the starting line-up at SF.

Josh is a PF.

frankn88
07-06-2010, 07:16 PM
Dude,

DUDE...top 10? congrats....

how do u compare him to
Bogut
Bynum
Gasol
Lopez
Howard
Yao
Kaman
M. Gasol
Noah
Camby
Okafor
Perkins
Nene
Just wondering where you fit him in on that list? He should be playing PF....how bout you trade him to the bucks

5ass
07-06-2010, 07:19 PM
Dude,

you asked me to name 10 guys that are better at playing center than horford, you didnt tell me to name 10 centers.. and im nt hating on any1, the hawks are my 2nd favorite team

*Silver&Black*
07-06-2010, 07:22 PM
DUDE...top 10? congrats....

how do u compare him to
Bogut
Bynum
Gasol
Lopez
Howard
Yao
Kaman
M. Gasol
Noah
Camby
Okafor
Perkins
Nene
Just wondering where you fit him in on that list? He should be playing PF....how bout you trade him to the bucks

The bolded just means to not take you serious, but:

Bogut (1)
Bynum (2, though you don't think the Lakers would want Horford instead right now)
Gasol (Pau? PF)
Lopez (3)
Howard (4)
Yao (5)
Kaman (I'll take Horford)
M. Gasol (6)
Noah (I'll take Horford)
Camby (I'll take Horford)
Okafor (You serious?)
Perkins (Celtics would rather have Horford)
Nene (Horford)

So put Horford #7-10. And you mocking me in your post isn't making you out like a good guy loser. I'll be happy with my team's Smith and Horford thanks. No need to keep trying to tell other fans a player should do something, or posting trades for your trash like half of these posters have done.

But if you want to post "Trade him to the Bucks", I'll play along and trade him for Bogut.

frankn88
07-06-2010, 07:25 PM
loser? oh okay...just was seeing where he fit, but until he gets back to his normal position and you guys get a PG then we'll see
you overpaid JJ way too much, although he is a terrific player

but the name calling? alright.....you guys almost lost to us in the playoffs without our best player.... n then got spanked in the second round

*Silver&Black*
07-06-2010, 07:29 PM
loser? oh okay...just was seeing where he fit, but until he gets back to his normal position and you guys get a PG then we'll see
you overpaid JJ way too much, although he is a terrific player

but the name calling? alright.....you guys almost lost to us in the playoffs without our best player.... n then got spanked in the second round

I said that because you were mocking with the "dude" comment. Don't play stupid now. You weren't just seeing where he fit. We won 50+ games with him at center. And excuse me if I said anything that hurt you, but there are a bunch of 10 year olds on here that keeps posting crap about "where will Lebron go", or "trade scrubs for Josh Smith" or "How my Knicks with Amare will rule the world now" or "Bulls vs Heat in dream line-ups" crap that I find it funny that a good team like the Hawks can't have a little homer post here and there without being crapped on.

JJ was overpaid, but people loves the signing of Amare for the Knicks. Why?

JJ was the 1st option of a 50+ win team. Amare being a 2nd option on the Suns.

Both is getting paid around 20 million a year, JJ just has an extra year. If the teams stay the same, JJ will be in the playoffs, and Amare with the Knicks........? So I don't see how they are different. Either both are bad signings or good. If anything JJ re-signed with a already good team, so why is that bad trying to keep a team together?

RAptorsNExtYeaR
07-06-2010, 07:33 PM
Holy moly!!!! We'll give u bosh, calderon and turkgolu!!!! Your starting 1,3,4 for our starting 1,3,4!!!!!

Plus u can take reggie evans if you want too!!!

RAptorsNExtYeaR
07-06-2010, 07:34 PM
DON'T U GUYS wanna pair JJ with bosh, plus you have horford. 3 all stars at one position. and Turk is near all star

frankn88
07-06-2010, 07:34 PM
i never said the hawks are bad, but i dont think horford is that dominant....different centers do different things for their teams...i dont think Horford is a top 10 overall center vs people who play centers on their team....like david lee for example or amare sometimes...but if you wanna say "true" center...you cant consider Horford a true center
he himself said he should be playing PF

*Silver&Black*
07-06-2010, 07:38 PM
i never said the hawks are bad, but i dont think horford is that dominant....different centers do different things for their teams...i dont think Horford is a top 10 overall center vs people who play centers on their team....like david lee for example or amare sometimes...but if you wanna say "true" center...you cant consider Horford a true center

Okay, just a cooled discussion now, I just said name 10 true centers, and wasn't including the PF playing Cs, because those are up for discussion, since most of them plays PF as well for their teams (Gasol, Duncan, etc.). If Horford was considered the 2nd best Eastern C for the all-star game, I don't see how he can't be in the top 10. Heck I even heard guys on NBATV said they felt the same way.

5ass
07-06-2010, 07:38 PM

exactly what ive been trying to say, but hes just not getting it:shrug:

*Silver&Black*
07-06-2010, 07:39 PM
Holy moly!!!! We'll give u bosh, calderon and turkgolu!!!! Your starting 1,3,4 for our starting 1,3,4!!!!!

Plus u can take reggie evans if you want too!!!

I don't know about maxing Bosh, because we intend to re-sign Horford down the road. So JJ and Bosh having Max contracts will be hard for the Hawks to give Horford a nice contract.

frankn88
07-06-2010, 07:41 PM
alright, well yes id say he is top 5 in the east then
in no particular order
Bogut
Lopez
Howard
Horford
Noah probably

*Silver&Black*
07-06-2010, 07:44 PM
exactly what ive been trying to say, but hes just not getting it:shrug:

What do you think I'm not getting? Something some fans of other teams are trying to tell me?

Here are the facts for the last time(just not what people want):

1. Hawks won 50+ games with Horford a C

2. The NBA thought he was the 2nd best C for the East last year with being an All-Star.

3. The Hawks HAVE SAID yesterday, they will not move Horford from C, meaning Josh isn't going anywhere.

4. The Hawks are only in trouble with the teams like the Magic. So they don't need to mess up there starting line-up moving Horford and trading Smith. Just get a big C back-up to start only for the games against the Magic, etc. Horford can hold his own against 28 of 30 teams, and that is based off facts.

d-baller23
07-06-2010, 07:45 PM
Just trade him to the Magic.

RenegadeRiot36
would look great in a cavs uni, always been one of my favorite players

*Silver&Black*
alright, well yes id say he is top 5 in the east then
in no particular order
Bogut
Lopez
Howard
Horford
Noah probably

I would agree with those 5. Lee will most likely be a PF next year, and Hawks have said yesterday Horford will stay a C.

*Silver&Black*
Just trade him to the Magic.

Just trade Howard to the Hawks.:rolleyes:

frankn88
07-06-2010, 07:48 PM
well your team is interested in Shaq and that would solve it
I think our HOrford n Bogut matchup is pretty fun to watch

frankn88
07-06-2010, 07:50 PM

*Silver&Black*
07-06-2010, 07:52 PM

Yeah, I would of loved to have seen a healthy Bucks play last year, but whoever won would of ran into a brick wall in the Magic, so atleast you all didn't have your team get smashed on national T.V.:D

If Shaq will accept a 1st guy off the bench role, he can start the Magic games, and Horford can start at C the other 78 games of the season.

We need a C no doubt, but just a rotational C. No need to mess up our starting line-up if it works during the season. (The playoffs is a different story. Shaq off the bench during the season could rest him for the playoffs.)

frankn88
07-06-2010, 07:54 PM
haha agreed

yea the shaq thing could work...if he'd accept it

*Silver&Black*
07-06-2010, 07:58 PM
haha agreed

yea the shaq thing could work...if he'd accept it

Yeah, I'm thinking Shaq will get a better role for the Celtics. But Hawks have talked about Z and Miller too for a back-up center, so we will see what happens.

ruslan898
07-06-2010, 09:22 PM
Shaq? haha... Remember how he said that he's going to retire after his current contract ends? Atlanta should definitely stay away from them because he'll do to them what Elton Brand did to the Sixers.

Corey
07-06-2010, 09:25 PM
Shaq? haha... Remember how he said that he's going to retire after his current contract ends? Atlanta should definitely stay away from them because he'll do to them what Elton Brand did to the Sixers.

The Elton Brand comparison makes no sense at all.

Feel free to elaborate.

ruslan898
07-06-2010, 09:27 PM
Slow guy that cant keep up with the flow of the game.