PDA

View Full Version : Jerry Sloan Wants Carlos Boozer to Re-Sign with Jazz

JordansBulls
07-05-2010, 08:10 PM
Link (http://nba.fanhouse.com/2010/07/05/jerry-sloan-wants-carlos-boozer-to-re-sign-with-jazz/)

Utah coach Jerry Sloan won't get involved in the recruiting process. But he has let his opinion be known.

Sloan wants free-agent power forward Carlos Boozer to re-sign with the Jazz.

"Sure, I'm hoping without a doubt,'' Sloan said in an interview with FanHouse at the Air Tran Orlando Pro Summer League on Monday about wanting Boozer back. "We're not as good of a team without him. And he helped us a great deal. It's hard to get good players.''

Sloan, entering his 23rd season as Jazz coach, said he generally stays out of the free-agent process during the summer. But he made his feelings known to general manager Kevin O'Connor in a staff meeting that was held after the season.

"We all sat down and talked about what we'd like to do, and we'd like to have him back,'' Sloan said of it being a consensus opinion among Jazz officials.

Sloan has alerted Boozer, a two-time All-Star, of his desire to have him back.

"He knows how I feel,'' Sloan said.

In an interview last Friday with FanHouse, O'Connor said it is policy not to discuss free agency.

Boozer ruffled some feathers with the Jazz and in the community last summer when he went on Chicago and Miami radio stations and said he hoped to be traded to one of those teams after he had picked up his $12.7 million option for 2009-10. However, Boozer told FanHouse last March his first choice was to re-sign with the Jazz.

"I'd love to have the opportunity to come back,'' Boozer said then. "I'd love to have the opportunity to stay ... The rest is up to them.''

Boozer, who could not be reached Monday, is looking around in free agency, with the Bulls and Heat remaining possibilities. But it will be hard for him to make a decision until after it's known where the top free agents, Cleveland's LeBron James, Miami's Dwyane Wade and Toronto's Chris Bosh, land.

"I think he's got to do what he's got to do,'' Sloan said of Boozer. "That's what I tell all those guys. When (they're) free agents, they've got to do what's best for them.

THE MTL
07-05-2010, 08:12 PM
Wow, finally something out of the Jazz's office that expresses a desire to have Boozer back.

Twolves88
07-05-2010, 08:15 PM
If im Utah, im shipping his *** to Orlando for gortat and bass.... that trade would of worked out so well for both sides...

LTBaByyy
07-05-2010, 08:17 PM
Omg, let him go!!!! Millsap needs to get the chance to shine with a lot of minutes

the best thing the jazz need to do is s & t boozer, and why havent they signed Okur??

He is a unrestricted FA

JNA17
07-05-2010, 08:20 PM
You know what's funny. The only guy to speak up from the organization is the guy who has no power in resigning him. (well he does in a way but you need the GM to agree most importantly)

jimbobjarree
07-05-2010, 08:21 PM
Omg, let him go!!!! Millsap needs to get the chance to shine with a lot of minutes

the best thing the jazz need to do is s & t boozer, and why havent they signed Okur??

He is a unrestricted FA

1- yes, Milly needs to get the starting job soon
2- I agree, and we extended Memo last summer
3- yes

If im Utah, im shipping his *** to Orlando for gortat and bass.... that trade would of worked out so well for both sides...

If it was up to us thats what would happen, Boozer hasnt had any contact with Orlando yet to my knowledge though unfortunately. I think he's going to try and jump into bed with Lebron before Bosh does....so hopefully Lebron stays or joins Amare in New York so Booz is left to hopefully turn to Orlando.

Wow, finally something out of the Jazz's office that expresses a desire to have Boozer back.

we contacted him soon as it turned midnight on the 1st of July, and we negotiated with his agent leading up to July. It just doesnt make any national news cus of the 3 media whores.

jimbobjarree
07-05-2010, 08:24 PM
You know what's funny. The only guy to speak up from the organization is the guy who has no power in resigning him. (well he does in a way but you need the GM to agree most importantly)

well if you think about it, no **** the coach wants a star player back. Its not like he has to pay his salary or anything, he just wants the strongest roster possible to do his job.

Personally, I'd like Boozer back, but I like Millsap more and want him to start next season and I dont want to have to pay Boozer anymore than he's worth like the Hawks did with JJ. Best case scenario is a sign and trade for the Jazz IMO.

ManRam
07-05-2010, 08:25 PM

He is a unrestricted FA

I think for that second point you meant to say "the best thing the jazz need to do is s & t boozer to Orlando".

This is kind of surprising to me. I think it's best for all parties if Utah and Boozer part ways.

JNA17
07-05-2010, 08:46 PM
well if you think about it, no **** the coach wants a star player back. Its not like he has to pay his salary or anything, he just wants the strongest roster possible to do his job.

Personally, I'd like Boozer back, but I like Millsap more and want him to start next season and I dont want to have to pay Boozer anymore than he's worth like the Hawks did with JJ. Best case scenario is a sign and trade for the Jazz IMO.

i think that would be best too. Maybe the jazz can look to do a sign and trade for a center and/or SG, Ben Gordan and a bigman perhaps from the pistons?

also your sig of Kosta Koufos made me fall out of my chair laughing :laugh:

KnicksorBust
07-05-2010, 08:49 PM
Am I the only one who thinks Gortat and Bass is a horrible return for Boozer?

Raph12
07-05-2010, 10:31 PM
Guaranteed when he's snubbed by the Wade+Bosh pairing in Chitown/Miami and LBJ returns to Cleveland/goes to NYC with Stat, he'll have nowhere to turn to. He loves Dwight, they spend a lot of time together and the two even trained with Hakeem this summer, but he's waiting to see if he can get with LBJ/Wade before he moves to his 3rd option. I know Utah and Orlando will get this trade done ASAP, Dwight has been pulling for Boozer since the offseason started.

Kakaroach
07-05-2010, 10:42 PM
Sloan loves Boozer but we just don't need him anymore. None of us in the Jazz forum want him back. Hopefully we get something for him in a S&T but maybe thats not happening either.

jimbobjarree
07-05-2010, 10:44 PM

Well for one its better than nothing, and 2 it gives helps needs. We need a long defensive center so badly, and Gortat gives us that, and he's still young too. If Boozer went we'd also need a back up power forward. I'm not so hot on Bass, but I'd be all over Gortat/Pietrus or Gortat/Anderson for Booz. Fills a couple needs instead of just loosing him for nothing.

I really hope Orlando come knocking soon, they're taking their sweet time

ManRam
07-05-2010, 10:54 PM
Well for one its better than nothing, and 2 it gives helps needs. We need a long defensive center so badly, and Gortat gives us that, and he's still young too. If Boozer went we'd also need a back up power forward. I'm not so hot on Bass, but I'd be all over Gortat/Pietrus or Gortat/Anderson for Booz. Fills a couple needs instead of just loosing him for nothing.

I really hope Orlando come knocking soon, they're taking their sweet time

Otis has publicly mentioned numerous times now how crazy the market is right now, and how he's just going to be extremely patient. We probably will enter next year with the league's highest payroll, so anything he does do he's going to have to be really sure about it...and he is going to be very cautious. He's a sly little devil, so he'll make his move sometime.

I hope that he eventually will make that phone call to Utah (he hasn't yet, supposedly). I hope he does.

But trading for Boozer does mean taking on more salary, while losing a roster spot or two perhaps. Maybe we just can't afford to do that...especially since every dollar we are adding now is essentially two dollars (luxury tax).

The talks have made sense for both teams, and it seems like every Magic fan and every Jazz fan likes it...but it's not always that simple.

29$JerZ
07-05-2010, 10:56 PM
That;s big news, if Boozer stays or goes to Orlando that just leaves David Lee and Chris Bosh left for the FA market in terms of PF's.

Miami/Chicago could end up paying close to Max for Lee since neither have a PF right now.

jimbobjarree
07-05-2010, 11:08 PM
Otis has publicly mentioned numerous times now how crazy the market is right now, and how he's just going to be extremely patient. We probably will enter next year with the league's highest payroll, so anything he does do he's going to have to be really sure about it...and he is going to be very cautious. He's a sly little devil, so he'll make his move sometime.

I hope that he eventually will make that phone call to Utah (he hasn't yet, supposedly). I hope he does.

But trading for Boozer does mean taking on more salary, while losing a roster spot or two perhaps. Maybe we just can't afford to do that...especially since every dollar we are adding now is essentially two dollars (luxury tax).

The talks have made sense for both teams, and it seems like every Magic fan and every Jazz fan likes it...but it's not always that simple.

usually with our gm you never hear about a deal until its done, and when an 'un-named team' is involved in a rumor it usually turns out to be us, and you guys seem to be saying the same about your gm. With Boozer staying very quiet this FA its not beyond the realms of possibility that this trade gets announced on the 8th.

but I doubt anything can be done until the big 3 finally make a decision. The longer it takes them to stop farting about and sign somewhere the longer time it takes for us to sort Boozer out and FINALLY move forward as a franchise.

JordansBulls
07-06-2010, 12:54 AM
Bulls need to offer this man a contract already.

LA_Raiders
07-06-2010, 01:08 AM
too late, i think he is gone to either to Chi or NJ

dre1990
07-06-2010, 01:29 AM
It makes them worse in short terme if they dont sign him, but I think its better idea to let him go

JordansBulls
07-06-2010, 08:07 AM

I think so as well.

Lo Porto
07-06-2010, 08:39 AM
Sloan wants to keep Boozer because his life is easier with Booz rather than without.

Boozer to Orlando is the perfect move. It gets something for Utah which will make Boozer look less greedy than just bolting for money. And Orlando would put together the best frontcourt in the NBA. Utah should not give Boozer a max deal and that's what it would take to keep him. Their money could be spent better on multiple players at other positions since Millsap is ready to start.

If Booz gets Amare money, the deal would have to be Gortat and 2 of these 4 - Pietrus, Bass, Reddick and Anderson.

MagicBucsSox
07-06-2010, 09:16 AM

Gortat give yall a tough rebounding center and shot blocker, best thing utah ever had was ostertag. he can score off pick n rolls as well
Bass is a highly athletic pf(6'8) who can shoot n brings energy. basically both players together would = another Boozer

MagicBucsSox
07-06-2010, 09:20 AM

manram, otis has the ok from the owners to add talent, they dont care about a tax man, idk wtf he's doin

jimbobjarree
07-06-2010, 10:03 AM

I dont see how those 2 are better options than even Utah. Both of those teams look set to lose out on any big free agents, with the teams as is I think they're even worse options than returning to Utah, so surely Orlando would be the best option out of the lot. IMO As soon as Lebron stays home or joins Amare, Wade will couple up with Bosh and Boozer will be left on his own.

supposedly Miami have offered us a sign and trade using Beasley and JO though recently