PDA

View Full Version : Felton for Lee Swap?

OT Thriller
07-05-2010, 08:08 PM
http://ken-berger.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/11838893/23008186?tag=comBlogEntryListCnt;entry23008186

In the meantime, the Knicks will continue searching for a pick-and-roll partner for Stoudemire to operate with -- and if it isn't James, free-agent point guard Raymond Felton will be a primary target. The Knicks have had discussions about a sign-and-trade for Felton that would involve their own free-agent power forward, David Lee, a person with knowledge of the talks said Monday. But the Bobcats are lukewarm on such a proposal for the same reason they've had zero conversations with Felton's agent, Tony Dutt, about re-signing him -- the luxury-tax implications. But don't rule out such a scenario yet; a person with close ties to Felton said Monday that the Bobcats point guard is intrigued by the possibility of pairing with Stoudemire in coach Mike D'Antoni's triple-threat, pick-and-roll offense.

For some reason I never pictured Felton going to the Knicks. If I was the Bobcats I would be all over this. Lee is a much better player than Felton and would fit well with the Bobcats.

Thoughts?

THE MTL
07-05-2010, 08:11 PM
Knicks need more than just that. The Bobcats need to take back Curry's contract or give us Tyrus Thomas along with it

Twolves88
07-05-2010, 08:12 PM
Good trade for both sides. The only bad part though is that larry brown wants defensive players. Lee plays nothing for defense. Maybe brown can teach him though?

As a wolves fan I love this. Now we dont need to trade Al for Lee...

phlp_bj
07-05-2010, 08:12 PM
i love it for the bobcats. not sure if augustin is ready to be a starter, but lee would help them greatly. as for the knicks, felton would thrive in a fast pace offense

Twolves88
07-05-2010, 08:13 PM
Knicks need more than just that. The Bobcats need to take back Curry's contract or give us Tyrus Thomas along with it

Both sides are a free agent. He can walk and sign with any team he wants. Meaning you have no leverage. You should just be glad that your getting a player back for him in the first place

Hellcrooner
07-05-2010, 08:18 PM
felton and CHANDLER for Lee and Currys Expiring.

THen Chandler ( Wilson) and DOugleas and some seconf roudner for Rudy Fernandez.

Felton, Rudy, Gallinari, SToudamire, CHandler T

thats a REAL begginging

PLAYERS FAN
07-05-2010, 08:19 PM
Felton will be a perfect fit for the Knicks.

Sly Guy
07-05-2010, 08:19 PM
Awful deal. I love Felton, but Lee's worth more than that, and secondly, I thought the Knicks were after Parker? An Amare/Felton lineup is far less scary than Parker/Amare.

THE MTL
07-05-2010, 08:21 PM
Both sides are a free agent. He can walk and sign with any team he wants. Meaning you have no leverage. You should just be glad that your getting a player back for him in the first place

Or we can outright sign Felton and still retain David Lee's S&T rights. We have THAT kind of money.

Double Down
07-05-2010, 08:23 PM
Why can't the Knicks just sign Felton? What is the reason for involving the sign-and-trade scenario?

AddiX
07-05-2010, 08:26 PM
Lee is highly over-rated. As good as his numbers are he gives it right back to the other team.

He might come in and drop 20 and 15, but he won't box out EVER and whoever he is guarding always puts up good numbers. And his help defense might be the slowest in the league.

I can't see Brown trading for Lee.

Besides, we need a PG so it might be worth it considering we can lose Lee for nothing.

Is it just me though or did Felton seem really slow last season and seem to get destroyed by any guards with speed?

1_team_1_dream
07-05-2010, 08:26 PM
naa for felton cause the only two guys that will run the pick and roll for the knicks next season is lebron and amare

HOZ THE KNICK
07-05-2010, 08:29 PM
we will get raped in that deal they better send something else.

1_team_1_dream
07-05-2010, 08:31 PM
curry for felton

gbpackers12
07-05-2010, 08:33 PM
Felton for Lee is a bit lopsided.

JNA17
07-05-2010, 08:37 PM
what if the knicks pull off chandler and lee for Gerald Wallace and Felton?

PG: Felton
SG: Gallo
SF: Gerald Wallace
PF: Amare
C: ???

joeboow90
07-05-2010, 08:42 PM

THen Chandler ( Wilson) and DOugleas and some seconf roudner for Rudy Fernandez.

thats a REAL begginging

lmaoo those are two horrible deals for the knicks, never will that happen. we could just sign Felton and David Lee has wayy more trade value than that. The Knicks will trade D-Lee for Monta and sign Felton.

Felton
Monta
Danillo
Amare
?

thats a nice start to me with more money to spend. (LBJ:pray:)

KnicksorBust
07-05-2010, 08:47 PM

thats a REAL begginging

I don't think we'd need to give up Chandler and Douglas to get Fernandez but that lineup is a lot of fun and something about it makes it look like a good fit too. I LOVE the idea of Raymond Felton as a backup plan. He'd be great in an uptempo system. I could see him breaking out and possibly making 1 or 2 All-Star appearances. He's not enough though. Tyrus Thomas does intrigue me though (*Wade tm*).

PurpleJesus
07-05-2010, 08:54 PM
Good trade for both sides. The only bad part though is that larry brown wants defensive players. Lee plays nothing for defense. Maybe brown can teach him though?

As a wolves fan I love this. Now we dont need to trade Al for Lee...

Lee definetly does play D

Kashmir13579
07-05-2010, 09:01 PM
http://ken-berger.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/11838893/23008186?tag=comBlogEntryListCnt;entry23008186

For some reason I never pictured Felton going to the Knicks. If I was the Bobcats I would be all over this. Lee is a much better player than Felton and would fit well with the Bobcats.

Thoughts?

gerald wallace + david lee = 2312141412 rebounds

Kashmir13579
07-05-2010, 09:01 PM
Lee definetly does play D

ummmm.... he tries his best. :facepalm:

dsickich123
07-05-2010, 09:04 PM
For some reason, The Knicks front office considering this awful deal does not surprise me..

Jays Claw
07-05-2010, 09:06 PM
I'm not sure if this trade will happen.

Larry Brown has insisted that the Bobcats acquire defensive, hard working players. David Lee is the exact opposite.

PHX2daDEATH
07-05-2010, 09:07 PM
what if the knicks pull off chandler and lee for Gerald Wallace and Felton?

PG: Felton
SG: Gallo
SF: Gerald Wallace
PF: Amare
C: ???

hah no way.. Gerald Wallace >>>>>> Amare Stoudemire

jresty1
07-05-2010, 09:14 PM
d lee for monta ellis and sign ray allen. monta ellis is a speedy and offensive minded player who would fit perfectly in dantoni's system and can play the one, with his dribble penetration and the double teams amare would attract should leave ray allen and gallo open for threes. Youd have a lineup of monta ellis, ray allen, gallo, and amare. Maybe put wilson chandler at the four or have gallo at the four and that is a very dangerous team in the east.

Hype
07-05-2010, 09:25 PM
Lee needs to go to Minny already.

AddiX
07-05-2010, 09:25 PM
I don't know why anyone think this is lop-sided. Lee is a fake all star, his numbers are fools gold.

Besides, I don't know when people forgot he is a FREE AGENT. We can get nothing for him or we can get a PG who be a very good fit for the team.

Lee has to agree to go wherever we send him, if we can get a good starting PG who fits the system, it is a good deal.

colinskik
07-05-2010, 09:26 PM
This deal doesn't make any sense if it's straight up. Either we get something else or give up Curry's contract.

zambo4president
07-05-2010, 09:28 PM
Felton's pretty good Id say he's really underrated, Felton-Chandler-Gallo-Amare and whoever else they throw out there is improvement.

colinskik
07-05-2010, 09:28 PM
I don't know why anyone think this is lop-sided. Lee is a fake all star, his numbers are fools gold.

Besides, I don't know when people forgot he is a FREE AGENT. We can get nothing for him or we can get a PG who be a very good fit for the team.

Lee has to agree to go wherever we send him, if we can get a good starting PG who fits the system, it is a good deal.
What's the cap situation after a Felton for Lee S&T?

Also, I thought Lee could veto a trade.

zambo4president
07-05-2010, 09:30 PM
I was gonna say I can't beleive some of you saying David Lee plays defense but this is PSD, nothing surprises me anymore.

JJLang
07-05-2010, 09:30 PM
Felton is garbage...Jameer Nelson lit him up.

Hype
07-05-2010, 09:33 PM
No one plays D in the NBA except for Ron Artest and Corey Brewer

Hype
07-05-2010, 09:33 PM
Felton is weak sauce, I'd rather have Sessions

bigsams50
07-05-2010, 09:35 PM
Please MJ, Get this done :pray:

Hype
07-05-2010, 09:35 PM
Would this trade work? Big Al for Walsh's eye glasses and bad breath? We'll throw in Sczerbiak's facial mole.

BGeer091
07-05-2010, 09:36 PM
I'd rather have Shaun Livingston then Felton. Don't get me wrong I really like both players here. I just think Livingston is just a cheaper option. What do u think that Felton is going to ask for? Like what 10 to 12 mil??

beasted86
07-05-2010, 10:20 PM
So David Lee + Tyrus + Diaw + Chandler + Diop + Mohammed?

How many big men making $6M+ do they need?

pistonsfanomg
07-05-2010, 10:24 PM
Collison for Lee?

omdigga
07-05-2010, 10:29 PM

Larry Brown has insisted that the Bobcats acquire defensive, hard working players. David Lee is the exact opposite.

DLEE works hard.. no doubt about that.. he makes improvements every season.. hes not a good defender.. but he has the tools to become better..none of the knicks played D last season..
its too lopsided though.. we could just sign felton (who would be good for the knicks).. Lee is better used in a S&T for someone better..

Kakaroach
07-05-2010, 10:33 PM
Great deal for both sides if its true. Gives the Knicks a legit PG and gives the Bobcats a legit PF who can score.

Kyben36
07-05-2010, 10:37 PM
what does this mean for Tyrus thomas, they traded a future pick for himm, and they are already giving up.

avrpatsfan
07-05-2010, 10:40 PM
As previously stated, they would have to take Eddy Curry's contract. That would be a great trade for both teams. Then the Knicks could sign 2 more max FAs.

MIKE&IKE's
07-05-2010, 10:40 PM

d lee is very very hard working, how do you think he got to where he is now? and he gives his all on the court every possession- the guy just cant play defense

Ragun
07-05-2010, 10:41 PM
this would be super huge for the bobcats.

goose15
07-05-2010, 10:46 PM
With a S&T deal with Lee, Felton is 3rd option after Parker and Monta Ellis

IMO

NYYCowboys
07-05-2010, 10:48 PM
I wouldn't mind Felton I've been pushing for him as our PG for a while now, but I don't think we need to S&T for him..

Kakaroach
07-05-2010, 10:57 PM
I wouldn't mind Felton I've been pushing for him as our PG for a while now, but I don't think we need to S&T for him.. Yeah I'm pretty sure a S&T isn't needed for Felton either.

Tulanehockey
07-05-2010, 10:59 PM

thats a REAL begginging

LOL if I told you a month ago that team was your starting 2010 Knicks you would have killed yourself by now.

JakeDelbreezy
07-05-2010, 11:41 PM
I don't think this rumor makes much sense. For starters both guys are free agents. What would be the point in trading each player for one another? Also the Bobcats have Diop, Mohammed, Chandler, Ajinca under contract and they made a qualifying offer to Thomas. Why would they trade for another big? Lastly for those saying they should take on Curry's contract. The whole reason they're not resining Felton is they can't afford it due to the luxury tax, so I doubt they'd want Curry's contract even if it is an expiring bc all they have to make the money work is bad contracts, which makes no sense for the Knicks. I think the rumor is rubbish.

Giaps
07-06-2010, 02:01 AM
Knicks are not doing squat till Lebron and Wade decide... by then Lee may have signed somewhere but it's in his best interest to pursue a s&t.

SANDBURG23
07-06-2010, 04:40 AM
Set your eyes higher, Lee to Sa for Parker.

king4day
07-06-2010, 04:49 AM

Exactly.

Knicks21
07-06-2010, 04:49 AM

thats a REAL begginging

Thats A terrible trade. Wilson Chandler is better than Rudy Fernandez, Even douglas alone is better than Rudy. I mean, the guy only averages 8 points a game. :facepalm:

Bob_at_york
07-06-2010, 07:45 AM
I was just saying earlier yesterday that I could see the knicks being interested in Felton. I don't see the point of the S&T. I think they can sign him outright for a deal in the 5 years, 40 mil range.