PDA

View Full Version : What is wrong with this picture?

New Power House
07-05-2010, 06:54 PM
This guy look like the next coming gem. What happen to him? Do you think thet Lakers can be the medicine?
www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZqIxrjWW40
www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHOZpDCcQqE&feature=related
www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2Vn2aYAJ2M&feature=related

This guy looks sick! He is even better shooter than Ariza entering the NBA.
Phil has some good medicine to revive this guy's skills. What do you think?

kobebabe
07-05-2010, 07:08 PM
I want him! The spotlight in LA will be his medicine. He can use the LA media circus to revive his career, much like Ariza did!

Raidaz4Life
07-05-2010, 07:15 PM
Maybe we'll get lucky with this one... I remember him having ALOT of upside when he was drafted.

gr824
07-05-2010, 07:22 PM
This guy look like the next coming gem. What happen to him? Do you think thet Lakers can be the medicine?
www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZqIxrjWW40
www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHOZpDCcQqE&feature=related
www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2Vn2aYAJ2M&feature=related

This guy looks sick! He is even better shooter than Ariza entering the NBA.
Phil has some good medicine to revive this guy's skills. What do you think?

The problem with Green to this point has been that he does not have a lot of basketball "skills" [ although he has hit 3s at a fair to good clip at times in the past ]. He certainly has abilities that can be developed, such as the ability to run the floor with speed and agility, to jump out of the gym, and to 'coordinate' dunks off putbacks and lobs ... However, Gerald does not handle the ball well as a dribbler nor does he move well without it in a 'set' offense [ open floor, he shines ], he is not a particularly good passer, and, though he can sky for boards spectacularly on occasion, he does not box out well at all and, as a consequence, is not a good rebounder ...

Green is an excellent athlete with basketball potential ... But he is not yet a very good basketball player ... Can he be an adequate 'replacement' for Shannon Brown if that is what the Lakers envision his role to be ? Perhaps ... But Brown is a better midrange shooter and is probably a quicker, more versatile defender, though Green is longer and pretty quick himself. Otherwise, Green is roughly an 'equivalent' talent to Brown, so, if he impresses in Summer League, then this moves could be a 'lateral skill' substitution that saves the Lakers some $$$s. But I do not see Green as an impact player at this stage of his career ...

kmorton06
07-05-2010, 07:30 PM
I'm starting to get the feeling that we may wait to see how some of these guys perform in the Summer League before making any more big moves. Besides our two draft picks, I think Green and Strawberry have a good shot at making the team. If that happens, good bye Shannon Brown.

lakers4sho
07-05-2010, 07:46 PM
Nothing is wrong with that picture. It's perfect as it is right now :shrug:

LA_Raiders
07-05-2010, 08:07 PM
i rather have brown back...

New Power House
07-05-2010, 08:13 PM
i rather have brown back...

Ariza was a player considered a waist with no discipline and no shooting ability.before Phil and Kobe's demand for hard work hit him. This guy looks like a highlight of what ariza's skills are. Brown is not even close and this guy could deliver better than Brown if place in the right team which is the Lakers. I will keep an eye on him during the SL.

BigGuy951
07-05-2010, 09:34 PM
Hmmm. Hope we catch lightning in a bottle with this guy.

fast_break
07-05-2010, 10:18 PM
heres a Russia slamdunk contest he participated in this year
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzc0Nj3xIrI

so i guess he's like a taller Shannon Brown with a bit less basketball skill...

974life
07-05-2010, 10:22 PM
Did the lakers pick him up?

BigGuy951
07-05-2010, 10:51 PM
He's on the summer league roster for the Lakers.

974life
07-05-2010, 11:42 PM
^ Thanks.

BigGuy951
07-06-2010, 12:18 AM
You're welcome.

championships
07-06-2010, 12:23 AM
so he can dunk, but can he shoot?

gr824
07-06-2010, 12:29 AM
so he can dunk, but can he shoot?

Sometimes ... Kinda like Farmar and Brown ... :shrug:

:D :D :D

BigGuy951
07-06-2010, 12:31 AM
Haha i was just gonna say "Uh..Like Brown." :D

DownUnder
07-06-2010, 12:32 AM
He gets recycled every off-season and does no good. He makes the occasional squad for 10 minutes before being released, why should this year be any different? Next...

New Power House
07-06-2010, 01:13 AM
He gets recycled every off-season and does no good. He makes the occasional squad for 10 minutes before being released, why should this year be any different? Next...

The champs are capable to change people!:D

BoltLakerPadre
07-06-2010, 03:12 AM
Nothing is wrong with that picture. It's perfect as it is right now :shrug:

The uni he was wearing was pretty ugly, but other than that...

The Raven
07-06-2010, 05:08 AM
We will see if he can prove something in the summer league and possibly make the team. If he does in fact make the team, its going to be up to him to change his past to a bright future

ShadowX
07-06-2010, 05:32 AM
Dunking and other athletic skills are good if you have a team that runs like the Suns. However, in the triangle, I rather have a hard working and high basketball IQ player. Shannon falls under the athletic side, but not very cerebral. He often makes very bone-headed mistakes that makes you shake your head. The same also goes with Farmar and Sasha. However, I think Farmar has a higher basketball IQ than Shannon, but not by much. Walton is a guy who has great basketball IQ, but he is not very athletic and he has been hampered by injuries. This is why I think Ariza did well in Los Angeles. He had very good basketball IQ, was athletic and was also a very hard worker. This is also true for good ol' Rick Fox and Robert Horry back in the days. Those guys were smart thugs!

I rather take the high basketball IQ and hard worker over an athletic player anytime.

BrewinRamLakers
07-06-2010, 05:35 AM
Looks cool.

Rocco007
07-06-2010, 08:23 AM
The problem with Green to this point has been that he does not have a lot of basketball "skills" [ although he has hit 3s at a fair to good clip at times in the past ]. He certainly has abilities that can be developed, such as the ability to run the floor with speed and agility, to jump out of the gym, and to 'coordinate' dunks off putbacks and lobs ... However, Gerald does not handle the ball well as a dribbler nor does he move well without it in a 'set' offense [ open floor, he shines ], he is not a particularly good passer, and, though he can sky for boards spectacularly on occasion, he does not box out well at all and, as a consequence, is not a good rebounder ...

Green is an excellent athlete with basketball potential ... But he is not yet a very good basketball player ... Can he be an adequate 'replacement' for Shannon Brown if that is what the Lakers envision his role to be ? Perhaps ... But Brown is a better midrange shooter and is probably a quicker, more versatile defender, though Green is longer and pretty quick himself. Otherwise, Green is roughly an 'equivalent' talent to Brown, so, if he impresses in Summer League, then this moves could be a 'lateral skill' substitution that saves the Lakers some $$$s. But I do not see Green as an impact player at this stage of his career ...

-------------------------------
To further add to this...Teams would've shown more patience with him but it was said that Green wasn't a hard worker and didn't possess a high BBall IQ...So when you look at the whole picture...There are alot of Gerald Greeens running around overseas and playgrounds accross America...But in the NBA, it takes more than just athletic ability to stick...I hope he's matured and is willing to put the work in...I'll root for the kid...Perfect project for kobe and would be a cheaper alternative to Brown......

kobebabe
07-06-2010, 09:14 AM
[QUOTE=DownUnder;13962280]He gets recycled every off-season and does no good. He makes the occasional squad for 10 minutes before being released, why should this year be any different? Next...[/QUOTE

Well, so was Ariza. He was tossed around until we found him and he found us and BOOM! All of a sudden the guy blossomed!

We will polish up Green and hand him a hardware in june next yr and make him an attractive free agent assuming imitch just wonna try him out for 1 yr and then y'all will be crying n whinning that he is leaving, much like u did with Ariza....LOL

Iceman_9
07-06-2010, 10:35 AM
he reminds me a lot of ron mercer.. lots of potential.. lacks the neceassary ball handling skills and outside shooting.