View Full Version : Amare agrees to a 5-year deal with the Knicks

Pages : [1] 2

DRE'-MAC
07-05-2010, 05:40 PM
NBA.com reports that it is final.

Stoudemire agrees to five-year deal with Knicks
By David Aldridge, TNT analyst

Posted Jul 5 2010 5:39PM - Updated Jul 5 2010 5:46PM

The New York Knicks finally got a return on their two years of self-induced misery on Monday, finishing up the final touches on a five-year contract for Phoenix Suns free agent forward Amar'e Stoudemire that is expected to be worth around $100 million. A source indicates a formal announcement from Stoudemire should be forthcoming within the hour at Madison Square Garden.

Stoudemire and the Knicks quickly found each other last week, each in need of a soft landing place. The 27-year-old Stoudemire was looking for a team that still believed he could be a dominant player in the next few years, despite concerns about his knees and his eyes following serious injuries to each. And the Knicks, who'd sold their fans for the last two years that they'd be a major player in free agency this summer, able to lure the likes of LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh, were desperate for a splashy acquisition that would give fans hope and add to their depleted roster.

Stoudemire chafed at constant trade rumors involving him the last two years, but after helping lead Phoenix to the Western Conference finals, he still negotiated with the Suns when the free agent negotiating period began last week. But after he and the Suns could not reach agreement on a new deal -- Phoenix was unwilling to give him five guaranteed years on a new contract, preferrring team options in the last two years of a deal -- the Suns quickly moved on, agreeing to terms with free agent forward Hakim Warrick on a four-year, $18 million deal and agreeing on a new contract with their own free agent forward, Channing Frye, for five years and $30 million.

Stoudemire spent the Fourth of July weekend in New York, ending up at a party in the Hamptons with his agent, Happy Walters, at the home of Knicks owner James Dolan on Sunday night. After the two sides commenced official negotiations Monday it did not take long for New York to make its offer and for Stoudemire to accept, with a final meeting Monday afternoon between Stoudemire and the team's ownership group, led by Dolan, making it official.

What Stoudemire brings in terms of production (career averages of 21.4 points and 8.9 rebounds) isn't that much different than what New York got last season from David Lee, the 26-year-old free agent forward who finished second in the league in rebounds last season and averaged 20 and 11 in Mike D'Antoni's system last season. Neither is known for his defense, either. But Stoudemire brings a star power that the Knicks have lacked for almost a decade, since the end of the Patrick Ewing era. And he provides an anchor from which the team can try to lure other premier free agents.

Stoudemire said over the weekend that he thought he could lure both Nuggets forward Carmelo Anthony and Spurs guard Tony Parker to New York, though both are currently under contract to their respective teams for another year. But a Spurs source said on Sunday that San Antonio has no interest in trading Parker to the Knicks in any kind of package involving Lee, the only significant chip the Knicks have left to use in a potential deal.

Yahoo! Sports first reported that the two sides had formally discussed an offer and that Stoudemire was meeting with Dolan on Monday.

http://www.nba.com/2010/news/07/05/stoudemire.knicks/index.html

DieHardColtsfan
07-05-2010, 05:44 PM
Step 2 LeBron :pray:

MJT91190
07-05-2010, 05:44 PM
Welcome to NY Amare. I hope this is the start of a great future for the Knicks.

ManRam
07-05-2010, 05:45 PM
Nothing anywhere besides twitter here.

The AP just reported this though less than 5 minutes ago.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5j4KnrO8pqD3WpbpA6WGpK8ie6ggwD9GP51580

NEW YORK — A person with knowledge of the talks says the New York Knicks are meeting with Amare Stoudemire. The All-Star forward is seeking a maximum contract that would reunite him with coach Mike D'Antoni.
Stoudemire arrived in New York on Saturday and the person tells The Associated Press that the free agent was in discussions with team officials Monday afternoon. The person requested anonymity because negotiations were ongoing.
Stoudemire's agent, Happy Walters, said last week there was a "structure of an offer on the table." Stoudemire can earn about $100 million in a five-year contract from the Knicks.
Stoudemire has spent his entire career in Phoenix, where he played under D'Antoni before the coach came to New York in 2008.
Copyright 2010 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.

He was in NY all day with the Knicks brass. This is going to happen, it's just a matter of time now. Hopefully it is sooon.

gbpackers12
07-05-2010, 05:46 PM
Congrats Knicks.

Sixerlover
07-05-2010, 05:46 PM
5 year 100 million? :clap: :clap:

Bornknick73
07-05-2010, 05:47 PM
Welcome Amar'e! Now its official!!! FA signings for the Great James Chase is Official

Mia 0
Chi 0
NJ 0
NY 1

Now get on your ridiculously expensive phone and start working it!!! Gentlemen Start Your Engines.......

Bornknick73
07-05-2010, 05:48 PM
And the Odds of someone bashing the Knicks/Amar'e/NYC are plus or minus 1-100

ManRam
07-05-2010, 05:50 PM
Wojno reporting...this was a while ago, however (1.5 hours).

After several hours of talks on Monday, Amar’e Stoudemire(notes) and the New York Knicks are on the brink of completing a five-year contract worth nearly $100 million, a source close to process told Y! Sports.

The Knicks and agent Happy Walters have worked out the contractual language, a source said, and Stoudemire has a 4 p.m. meeting with Knicks owner Jim Dolan. The Knicks are expected to make a more formal presentation to the All-Star forward at the meeting.

Stoudemire became the Knicks primary power forward target on Friday, but the team is still trying to recruit LeBron James(notes) to join him on the Knicks.

Stoudemire has had a whirlwind weekend in New York City, attending a Broadway play, a Yankees game and a Fourth of July party at Dolan’s estate in the Hamptons.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AkQ400uE3mWXsQlEofCWcHC8vLYF?slug=ys-stoudemireknicks070510

Slimsim
I'm just glad that we didn't get shut out by all the free agents like all the experts suspected.

The Dream
Huge day for Knick fans!!! Oh wait it isnt because they only got Amare right?

justinnum1
07-05-2010, 05:51 PM
lol...now they need to find a PG that can make amare useful

asandhu23
07-05-2010, 05:52 PM
JUST GOT ANNOUNCED ON NBA.COM

Congrats, Knicks fans.

borat
07-05-2010, 05:53 PM
Good move by Amare. Guy sucks at defense and hates playing it. Now he can just focus on offense.

ManRam
07-05-2010, 05:53 PM
Yup. It's official (as official as it can be before the 8th).

JOSKOMANG4
07-05-2010, 06:00 PM
Good start for the Knicks!

What's next?? Trade for Tony Parker; Might cost Chandler & Douglass.

C) A'Mare
PF) David Lee return?
SF) Gallo
SG) Rautins
PG) T.Parker.

Overall, they still need alot of work. With the additions of Parker & Amar'e, still probably a 35-40 win team.

mark1125
07-05-2010, 06:01 PM
Can't say it's a bad deal. At least they won't be one of the teams who get shut out.

shep33
07-05-2010, 06:02 PM
Good move by the knicks. Now they need to get a 2nd guy, otherwise the deal would be useless. Nuggets just said Melo ain't getting traded. Parker probably more likely.

But anyone else think they'll get another FA? If so who?

GSRaider
Yup yup! Good job Knicks! The league is better ( to me ) when the Knicks are relevant...

Now, send my Warriors David Lee!!!

Jenceman
Is he even that much of an improvement over Lee?

What do you value more, scoring or rebounding....

It'll hardly make them better, gotta add other pieces and hope Gallo, Douglas, and Chandler continue to get better.

borat
07-05-2010, 06:04 PM
Is he even that much of an improvement over Lee?

What do you value more, scoring or rebounding....

It'll hardly make them better, gotta add other pieces and hope Gallo, Douglas, and Chandler continue to get better.

Not really an improvement. But they had to do something. At least they got a name.

ManRam
07-05-2010, 06:04 PM
Amare is undoubtedly better than Lee. He's simply a better version of Lee. But I'm assuming that the Knicks are hoping that this lures in another big name free agent this summer, or helps their chances at a future free agent (Melo, Parker etc.) or in a trade.

Amare has more appeal to NBA players than Lee does. It's a lot of money, for sure, but let's see how things play our first. It might have a ripple effect that helps the Knicks out a lot.

rufo4100
07-05-2010, 06:05 PM
Yes they are overpaying him but they had to pay Amare to get him and now they have a shot at Lebron or a 2nd tier free agent.

Draco
07-05-2010, 06:05 PM
Wow! Knicks sign Amare?

It's like deja vu all over again

Weezy
07-05-2010, 06:09 PM
Welcome to NY Amare, best of luck and I am sure you will do great here. Step 1 Complete ;)

Slimsim
07-05-2010, 06:13 PM
I'm just hoping Jerome Jordan can Help amare in the paint then we would be set.

ImNotNotorious
Good start for the Knicks!

What's next?? Trade for Tony Parker; Might cost Chandler & Douglass.

C) A'Mare
PF) David Lee return?
SF) Gallo
SG) Rautins
PG) T.Parker.

Overall, they still need alot of work. With the additions of Parker & Amar'e, still probably a 35-40 win team.

good start and good finish...I don't see them getting anyone else.

and why the hell would Spurs trade Parker?

lavell12
LeBron is smart enough to know that defense wins titles, I don't think the Amare and Coach D combo mean much to LeBron.

Blackification
07-05-2010, 06:15 PM
LeBron is smart enough to know that defense wins titles, I don't think the Amare and Coach D combo mean much to LeBron.

Didn't work for cleveland and mike brown :/

Hustla23
07-05-2010, 06:17 PM
Step 1: Amare

Step 2: Le.....

shep33
07-05-2010, 06:19 PM

Lee?

ImNotNotorious
07-05-2010, 06:20 PM

Step 2: ?????

Step 3: Profit

Tragedy
07-05-2010, 06:20 PM
I still think this team will be flat out awful this year. They're not getting LeBron.

dtmagnet
07-05-2010, 06:21 PM
Congratulations New York!

shep33
07-05-2010, 06:26 PM
They still got a lot of work to do. I mean Amar'e is good, but how much better will this team be if they just switched him with Lee?

Gotta get another very good player, plus good role players.

The problem is that they don't have as many pieces to give up.

Ultimately they had to do this though. In reality, the persona of Amar'e, what he's done in Phoenix just sounds more sexy than Lee. Amar'e seems to have more respect from other players at this point, and the Knicks want to use that to get more stars to NYC. Not a bad strategy if it works.

Hustla23
07-05-2010, 06:26 PM
I still think this team will be flat out awful this year. They're not getting LeBron.
I see ESPN pays well.

LTBaByyy
07-05-2010, 06:28 PM
Congrats to the knicks!!! Playoffs for the knick fans are gonna be crazy!!

i would love to go to a playoff game there and see the atmosphere

Ebbs1317
07-05-2010, 06:29 PM
Love the knicks hate... hahahahha keep it coming.. just shows everyone is getting a lil scared where gonna be relevant again... and if you think donnies gonna just sit back and say ok we got amare were done your ********.. gonna be a nice next 3 days get your cameras ready.....

blah-blah
07-05-2010, 06:31 PM
good signing

Slimsim
07-05-2010, 06:31 PM
Knicks aren't going to win a championship So fast after 10 years of sucking. But getting amare is a step in the right direction he has playoff experience and Veteran Leadership for our young Core. Lee has never made the playoffs and accept losing and that not a good atmosphere trying to start off the new decade with a new positive attitude.

KnicksorBust
07-05-2010, 06:32 PM
Amare is undoubtedly better than Lee. He's simply a better version of Lee. But I'm assuming that the Knicks are hoping that this lures in another big name free agent this summer, or helps their chances at a future free agent (Melo, Parker etc.) or in a trade.

Amare has more appeal to NBA players than Lee does. It's a lot of money, for sure, but let's see how things play our first. It might have a ripple effect that helps the Knicks out a lot.

Thank you. I'm just stunned at how many people have come out of the woodworks to be like "Is Amar'e really better than Lee? Look at the Rebounding numbers!" It's outrageous. There's no real ways to completely quantify how much better by looking at the numbers unless you look specifically at TS% and ability to get to the free line.

Lee?

Well played.

I see ESPN pays well.

:laugh: Nice line. I don't know why people hate us so much. Do our fans really troll around being jerks and I just don't know about it? It's almost like residual hate from other sports or something. I've seen probably 10-15 posts of people who bring up the Yankees when ripping on the Knicks. Oh well. I'm enjoying our moment. Now I'm crossing my fingers to get Bosh to Houston and really put Wade and LeBron on the spot. Is Boozer enough to keep Wade in Miami? Does LeBron really want to go through all this just to stay in Cleveland? It's going to be an interesting final few days before the official signings.

Mplsman
07-05-2010, 06:32 PM
That's alot of money. Got amare though.

KnicksorBust
07-05-2010, 06:33 PM
Congrats to the knicks!!! Playoffs for the knick fans are gonna be crazy!!

i would love to go to a playoff game there and see the atmosphere

Thanks. The Garden rocked in the 90s. Good to see fans of all teams don't hate the Knicks. :)

fadedmario
07-05-2010, 06:37 PM
I'm a huge Amar'e Stoudemire fan. Congrats Knicks fans. At least your team was successful landing one of the star FAs.

MagicBucsSox
07-05-2010, 06:38 PM
lol why is everyone so hype? he's a dependant scorer, knicks dont have nothing but him

omdigga
07-05-2010, 06:38 PM
welcome to ny stat.. now start earning that salary and start calling your friends to join u..

Slimsim
07-05-2010, 06:43 PM
NEW Stat City.

Cromedome
07-05-2010, 06:44 PM
I have a feeling that even if we do sign Lebron...some people will still have something negative to say about the Knicks.

JordansBulls
NBA.com reports that it is final.

Kinda happy for the Knicks. I wish they would have gotten Joe Johnson as well. Would love to see a Bulls vs Knicks rivalry again.

SANDBURG23
Sweet finaly someone signs someone. Now you boys go sign and trade Lee to SA for Parker and wait on Carmelo next year. Good Job. Now everybody else lets go get signing.

3RDASYSTEM
07-05-2010, 06:45 PM
Great for Amare/Knicks...now its up to the Knicks to pry those trainers from Suns org. cause they did miracles on Amare/Hill/Shaq when they were there...even Nash, Amare will put up beast OFF numbers and he's a better team D than given credit for,especially when he puts his mental to it, anyone with talent let alone supreme talent can put effort if focused ...but thats a big 'If',he'll shine for sure...he did it with Marbury/Nash

The Dream
07-05-2010, 06:46 PM

Awful? How on earth are you a moderator. Must be a moderator for the hockey sim leagues or something.:facepalm:

Cromedome
07-05-2010, 06:47 PM
awful? How on earth are you a moderator. Must be a moderator for the hockey sim leagues or something.:facepalm:

x'2

Giaps
07-05-2010, 06:47 PM
Not the answer to our problems but a great addition to build on. Lebron/Amare duo would be the best in the NBA at the pick and roll. Even if no Lebron, there should be other good options out there for Knicks to improve with.

Sixerlover
07-05-2010, 06:50 PM
Awful? How on earth are you a moderator. Must be a moderator for the hockey sim leagues or something.:facepalm:

Jeez, the man can't have an opinion? Not everyone has to bow to the Knicks because they signed amare to 20 a year over 5 years.

The Dream
07-05-2010, 06:50 PM
x'2

Looks like he is a Celtics fan. Figures. But he's still a moderator ... sad

The Dream
07-05-2010, 06:52 PM
Jeez, the man can't have an opinion? Not everyone has to bow to the Knicks because they signed amare to 20 a year over 5 years.

He didn't say anything about the deal. He said the knicks will be awful next year..theyre not getting lebron

How can they be awful when they won 32 games last year w/o STAT and Danilo, TD, Walker, Wilson Chandler will have another year of experience

its pure ignorance on his part. Clearly a knick hater. the more haters the better we are!

Tony_Starks
07-05-2010, 06:52 PM
Not a franchise player IMO but still good for NY. Gives some leverage to add some more pieces. Next step decide what to do with Lee. Do you pair him and Stat up for a solid frontcourt for the next 10 years or try to get a S & T?

Bornknick73
07-05-2010, 06:53 PM
good start and good finish...I don't see them getting anyone else.

and why the hell would Spurs trade Parker?

2 words.......George Hill

Monte
07-05-2010, 06:54 PM
Once the dream of Lebron coming to NY finally comes to an end later this week, I see the Nets sending Lee to either San Antonio for Parker or Golden State for Ellis in a sign and trade.

KnicksorBust
07-05-2010, 06:55 PM
I have a feeling that even if we do sign Lebron...some people will still have something negative to say about the Knicks.

Without a doubt. You have to realize that comes with the territory. If we get LeBron then we'll hear:

"No bench"
"No defense"

till our ears fall off. However, we'll be hearing that on our way to about 55 wins so don't let it bother you. I mean look at a team like the Lakers, they have won back to back titles and what comes with it? A ton of abuse and dislike from other fans.

ManRam
07-05-2010, 06:55 PM

As of right now, they really aren't a great team. I don't know if they'd make the playoffs as is. His comment was a little harsh, but his opinion is fine. I'm sure he'll change his mind if they get Wade or LeBron. :shrug:

But right now, they have Amare, Curry, Gallo, Douglas, Chandler and Walker. I'd say that that is a awful team. Obviously...it will get better, but they have work to do.

NYYCowboys
07-05-2010, 06:56 PM
He didn't say anything about the deal. He said the knicks will be awful next year..theyre not getting lebron

How can they be awful when they won 32 games last year w/o STAT and Danilo, TD, Walker, Wilson Chandler will have another year of experience

its pure ignorance on his part. Clearly a knick hater. the more haters the better we are!

He's just pissed that within the next few years the Knicks will be the best team in the Atlantic division while most of the current Celtics will be living in retirement communities.

Bornknick73
Kinda happy for the Knicks. I wish they would have gotten Joe Johnson as well. Would love to see a Bulls vs Knicks rivalry again.

Thats what Im saying! Glad there is a Bulls fan who wants the old playoff battles as much as we do and isnt in here just bashing us. Thanks. I would love for you guys to get Wade and Bosh. If we can get LBJ those will be good times!

JNA17
at least the knicks got a big name. Too me Amare is a great scorer, and he has a good jumpshot when he's open, at some nights he can be totally unstoppable but he's a god awful defender, a mediocre rebounder and they signed him more then he should be payed imo. But still a good day for the knicks with that said :).

drobe86
07-05-2010, 06:57 PM
Good signing for the Knicks. He fits in perfectly with that team. That being said he doesn't improve them dramatically. In fact he's only a moderate upgrade from David Lee. The Knicks just went from 38-44 to 42-38 good for 7th or 8th place in the east.

NYYCowboys
07-05-2010, 06:58 PM
Also I love how ESPN doesn't even make it the top story over freaking Lance Armstrong... Chris Broussard is probably crying.

kobebabe
07-05-2010, 07:01 PM
Nice start for knicks. May be that will set up a dominos effect and have other big names reconsider the knicks if the knicks if they haven't done so yet

Evolution23
07-05-2010, 07:02 PM
step 1 complete
step 2 lebron
step 3 sweep the lakers for championship #3

shep33
07-05-2010, 07:03 PM
Gotta admit, at first I thought what's the big deal, Lee gives similar production.

However... Amar'e in the eastern conference will average 25-28 ppg, and he doesn't have to worry about the Lakers length, and the overall better frontlines in the west.

Very good pick up. Step in the right direction...

Also give credit to Donnie... this team was destined to stink for 5 more years if it wasn't for him clearing all that space. I'm not saying they'll be contenders, but they should at the very least get a playoff spot in the east, especially if they add one more guy like Parker/Ellis, etc.

Evolution23
Also I love how ESPN doesn't even make it the top story over freaking Lance Armstrong... Chris Broussard is probably crying.

u mean the guy that makes up stories to make him self feel bigger?

R_O_W_E
Good signing for the Knicks. He fits in perfectly with that team. That being said he doesn't improve them dramatically. In fact he's only a moderate upgrade from David Lee. The Knicks just went from 38-44 to 42-38 good for 7th or 8th place in the east.

Knicks went 38-44?

Knicks still arent a Playoff team with just Amare.

shep33
step 1 complete
step 2 lebron

Step 4- rethink step 3.

Giantwarrior
Great... now the Kincks could actually win the 8th seed in the East.

omdigga
the people saying we didnt get any better arent looking at the big picture.. we got much better in the eyes of other FA's, most importantly lebron.. its not like the knicks are done making moves.. we still got money to blow..

PraiseJesus
07-05-2010, 07:04 PM
overrated, undersized, and injury prone.

enjoy your 5 years knicks fans

Bornknick73
We arent a great team by any means yet. But this is what Knicks fans have been screaming all off season. We still have a ton of money and if you think we are gonna trot out Amar'e and a bunch of stiffs well.....you got alot coming to you friends.

I'd like to point out our players arent sexy but they can shoot. Now we got a big man who needs a double team. More open looks and a higher FG% for our shooters. Add a playmaker who can drive at will and dish like Magic and the Knicks are gonna be dangerous.

At present we do suck but the options are there to be great....anyone who has any basketball sense can see that. Lebron James and Mike Miller will get us to the 2nd round and 55 wins. And just think next year we have some more loose change.....Im not downing any team or insulting anyone, im happy for my team!

sintaks12
As of right now, they really aren't a great team. I don't know if they'd make the playoffs as is. His comment was a little harsh, but his opinion is fine. I'm sure he'll change his mind if they get Wade or LeBron. :shrug:

But right now, they have Amare, Curry, Gallo, Douglas, Chandler and Walker. I'd say that that is a awful team. Obviously...it will get better, but they have work to do.

As of right now, they don't have enough players to field a team, lol.... so yeah, they won't be making the playoffs as is. However, Donnie is not done.

JNA17
07-05-2010, 07:06 PM
step 1 complete
step 2 lebron

in order for that step to happen, it will require the team to actually make it there ;).

Evolution23
Step 4- rethink step 3.

step 3- if not sweep 4-1

magichatnumber9
Hey it's always been about the money right Amare

Evolution23
in order for that step to happen, it will require the team to actually make it there ;).

im half joking about the sweep part :cool:

R_O_W_E
07-05-2010, 07:07 PM
Can someone please explain to me how the Knicks instantly become a Playoff team?

Magic
Cavs
Bulls
Bucks
Celtics
Heat
Hawks

All of these teams are playoff teams.

Then you have Philly, Charlotte, and Washington on the outside.

Knicks need a lot more than just Amare and that other big signings cant be Mike Miller and Luke Ridnour.

Melo15
07-05-2010, 07:08 PM
Congrats New York. I'm a big Amare fan and while I agree that its a high risk/high reward signing, it is definately a risk worth taking.

AddiX
07-05-2010, 07:08 PM
Come on Haters, let us have this one, we suffered as much as anyone in any sports recently.

Let us enjoy this, ****!

Bornknick73
07-05-2010, 07:10 PM
PG?
Chandler 6'8
Gallo 6'10
Amar'e 6'10
Curry/Jordan 7'0

We just went from one of the smallest starting 5s to one of the tallest. We may not be a defensive power house (lol as if?) but its tough shooting over height....ask Boston. Losing height in Perkins cost Boston the title. So height, even if it was a stiff who just put his hands up, is important.

JNA17
07-05-2010, 07:11 PM
Come on Haters, let us have this one, we suffered as much as anyone in any sports recently.

Let us enjoy this, ****!

well let u enjoy it if you get a better sig ;)

sunnydayin'zona
07-05-2010, 07:12 PM
: (

nystandup
Lets gooo!

Bring on the hate in 5,4,3,2,1...

ManningToTyree

It would be great if Chicago could get Wade and Bosh and the Knicks get Lebron. That sounds like a great rivalry to me.

NYK|NYY
07-05-2010, 07:13 PM
Probably couldn't afford to NOT sign him, from a PR stand point. If we ended up with nobody the Knicks would have been castrated.

Ebbs1317
07-05-2010, 07:13 PM

Let us enjoy this, ****!

This is just the beginning there def more hate to come and i look foward to it and LOVE IT...:clap: keep it coming

shep33
07-05-2010, 07:14 PM
step 3- if not sweep 4-1

haha, hey man no love lost here. I'd like to see a Knicks vs. Lakers finals, it'd be epic. Hopefully one day.

JNA17
07-05-2010, 07:14 PM
Probably couldn't afford to NOT sign him, from a PR stand point. If we ended up with nobody the Knicks would have been castrated.

So what happens if the knicks got nobody but Amare :confused:?

Nirvanaskurdt
07-05-2010, 07:16 PM
Gotta change my sig now :(

shep33
07-05-2010, 07:17 PM

Not necessarily a disaster I think, just as long as they don't overspend on a mediocre player. Next year has a lot of great free agents. I mean at worst, the Knicks can use Amar'e and a couple of decent, reasonably priced players this year to make a playoff run.

After that, 2011 free agents are pretty solid, including Melo, Prince, Parker, and a bunch of other good solid players.

KnickFanSince91
If u wanna look at stats on paper, Lee appears to be just as good as Amar'e but the paper doesn't tell the story. If you take into account that Lee got his stats in a much smaller Eastern Conference while Amar'e was banging with the trees out West, it's clear who the better player is. For everybody who is saying this isn't a good signing, I challenge you to name 2 more PF's in the east that are better than Amar'e right now.

drobe86
This is just the beginning there def more hate to come and i look foward to it and LOVE IT...:clap: keep it coming

Seriously dude get over yourself. who's hating on the knicks? amare and 11 guys won't get you anywhere. You'll be better but saying people are hating is comical. There's nothing to hate on.

Ebbs1317
07-05-2010, 07:18 PM

Walsh gets to keep one nut but not both

nystandup
07-05-2010, 07:18 PM

it's definately better than anything we've had recently.

NYK|NYY
07-05-2010, 07:19 PM

Well signing one max and then just tell fanbase we are preserving cap for next year. We definitely will add a PG if we strike out on Wade/Lebron.

JNA17
07-05-2010, 07:19 PM
Walsh gets to keep one nut but not both

:laugh:

Ebbs1317
07-05-2010, 07:20 PM
Seriously dude get over yourself. who's hating on the knicks? amare and 11 guys won't get you anywhere. You'll be better but saying people are hating is comical. There's nothing to hate on.

Dude go look look around the forum there is unlimited hate for the knicks.. you live under a box??? Dont get mad cuz were getting better and the mavs are content with getting knocked out in the 2nd round of the playoffs every year.. Like i said keep it coming..

Bring The Heat
07-05-2010, 07:20 PM
Congrats to Knicks fans even though I hate your team... You guys have suffered for awhile and needed a big signing

The heat I think were never really interested in Stoudemire... We want Bosh who I think is the better all around player and who we are pursuing the hardest... Hopefully we get him if not we are pretty much screwed

jtrinaldi
07-05-2010, 07:23 PM
ooooooooooooo wow knicks get Amare, in all reality the knicks still suck the only player that could turn ny into a play off team by themselves is Lebron.
Fear The Deer

JNA17
07-05-2010, 07:24 PM
it's definately better than anything we've had recently.

not to try to sound like a hater or anything but....

OUT:
David Lee
Al Harrington
Tracy McGrady
Eddie House
Chris Duhon (actually that's a good thing :p)
others but i forgot the names

IN:
Amare Stoudemire

with all due respect, how exactly is it much better then what you had before?

Ebbs1317
ooooooooooooo wow knicks get Amare, in all reality the knicks still suck the only player that could turn ny into a play off team by themselves is Lebron.
Fear The Deer

Nice sig brah... maybe will give him the max when hes a free agent..

drobe86
Dude go look look around the forum there is unlimited hate for the knicks.. you live under a box??? Dont get mad cuz were getting better and the mavs are content with getting knocked out in the 2nd round of the playoffs every year.. Like i said keep it coming..

At least we can count on being IN the playoffs. Ny hasn't been a playoff team in what 8 years? You hate on the Celtics or the Lakers but you don't hate the Knicks. You're talking pure blasphemy

Super.
07-05-2010, 07:25 PM

Lmao. I dont get you at all. You should be happy your team just got a star player! Don't turn it negitive, dont go around and try to hate on other teams...Who are quite better than yours, if i may add.

Focus on the good. Ignore the bad. Don't hate at a time like this. It's uncalled for and makes your entire fanbase look like whiny brats.

Look at us, we just got one of the best PF's in the league...and we still hate on everyone else! HAHAHA.

Doesnt that look stupid?

JNA17
07-05-2010, 07:27 PM
Ny hasn't been a playoff team in what 8 years?

the knicks made the playoffs in 2004 but got swept in the first round by new jersey.

however the knicks have been a under 500% team since 2001

nystandup
07-05-2010, 07:28 PM
[QUOTE=JNA17;13955876]not to try to sound like a hater or anything but....

OUT:
David Lee
Al Harrington
Tracy McGrady
Eddie House

IN:
Amare Stoudemire

with all due respect, how exactly is it much better then what you had before?[/QU

My point is Amare is better than every one of those players mentioned. We still have cap space for another max and a little left over or we can add a few pieces. We also have a Lee S&T possibility and Curry's contract to possibly make a trade. So Knicks can't really be judged until we see the finished product.

Ebbs1317
07-05-2010, 07:30 PM
Lmao. I dont get you at all. You should be happy your team just got a star player! Don't turn it negitive, dont go around and try to hate on other teams...Who are quite better than yours, if i may add.

Focus on the good. Ignore the bad. Don't hate at a time like this. It's uncalled for and makes your entire fanbase look like whiny brats.

Look at us, we just got one of the best PF's in the league...and we still hate on everyone else! HAHAHA.

Doesnt that look stupid?

i am def. happy we signed a big name player finally its been a while.. when someone makes a comment down playing the signing saying lee is just as good or stat wont get you anywhere it gets annoying after a while.. amare put the numbers up in the WEST not the east.. hes numbers will be much better in the east.. its hard to keep ignoring negative things.. but your right.. should just not pay attention and focus on the pluses for the knicks..

ManRam

OUT:
David Lee
Al Harrington
Tracy McGrady
Eddie House

IN:
Amare Stoudemire

I think losing all of those guys, besides Lee, is going to prove to be addition by subtraction. Harrington is a bum. T-Mac really wasn't special. Duhon blows. Eddie House really didn't do much either. They can easily, yes- easily, fill out their roster with better players than those guys. This free agent class is not only top heavy, but it is very deep.

sintaks12
The Knicks signed a deal Monday with Amar'e Stoudemire.

"The Knicks are back," Stoudemire said at a press gathering tonight.

The five-year-deal worth up to $100 million was announced on the marquee outside Madison Square Garden.

Stoudemire also said he would definitely reach out to LeBron James. "I think he knows how great this city is, how great the fans are."

"I'll talk to his guys, I'll reach out to him and see if he wants to play in New York."

The 6-foot-10-inch power forward previously played for eight seasons with the Phoenix Suns.

Signs throughout the Knicks arena read “Welcome, Amare Stoudemire” according to WABC.

Stoudemire was drafted ninth overall by the Suns in the 2002 draft.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knicks/knicks_sign_stoudemire_to_five_year_MOIFFHvU5Ptwhd ekzelNBK?CMP=OTC-rss&FEEDNAME=#ixzz0sqyrjswF

This is why Amare is better then Lee :)

nystandup
07-05-2010, 07:31 PM

OUT:
David Lee
Al Harrington
Tracy McGrady
Eddie House

IN:
Amare Stoudemire

My point is Amare is better than every one of those players mentioned. We still have cap space for another max and a little left over or we can add a few pieces. We also have a Lee S&T possibility and Curry's contract to possibly make a trade. So Knicks can't really be judged until we see the finished product.

JNA17
[QUOTE=JNA17;13955876]not to try to sound like a hater or anything but....

OUT:
David Lee
Al Harrington
Tracy McGrady
Eddie House

IN:
Amare Stoudemire

with all due respect, how exactly is it much better then what you had before?[/QU

Oh i'm not judging the knicks now, i only questioned the current knicks team in addition of amare compared to the 2009-2010 knicks

shep33
Amar'e will be better in the east, I've said it before, the West has the big boys... he doesn't have to worry about the Laker bigs,the Portland bigs, the Nugget bigs, etc.

My prediction: Amar'e 26ppg, 10 rpg. He alone isn't enough though, hopefully they don't overspend on mediocre guys.

Ebbs1317

OUT:
David Lee
Al Harrington
Tracy McGrady
Eddie House

IN:
Amare Stoudemire

Stats got star power to bring other stars in .. and his number will be better in the east..

JNA17
07-05-2010, 07:32 PM
This is why Amare is better then Lee :)

well yes he's better then lee but how does saying "I'll talk to lebron" have anything to do with being better then lee at basketball?

ElMarroAfamado
07-05-2010, 07:33 PM
all this free agent hoopla is annoying me to a point where i dont watch espn anymore
but i wouldnt mind the Knicks being good again it would be good for the game

shep33
07-05-2010, 07:34 PM
I give credit to Amar'e for manning up and picking a team, while not waiting like other guys.

I like the attitude... instead of waiting to see who goes where, he picks the place where he thinks he can be a factor. Good on ya Amar'e, gained a lot more of my respect.

borat
I mean lets face it. Knick fans just want to make the playoffs again. they aren't title contenders even if they get Lebron.

JNA17
I think losing all of those guys, besides Lee, is going to prove to be addition by subtraction. Harrington is a bum. T-Mac really wasn't special. Duhon blows. Eddie House really didn't do much either. They can easily, yes- easily, fill out their roster with better players than those guys. This free agent class is not only top heavy, but it is very deep.

yes i know later on the knicks will sign some other players eventually but I was only talking about the current knicks with the addition of amare compared to the 2009-2010 knicks

The Dream
07-05-2010, 07:35 PM

Awful means 15-20 wins. How the hell is Amare, Gallo, TD, Chandler, and Walker with Currys 11mil expiring awful? Every player is valuable

I guess the Bulls are awful right now. They only have Rose, Deng, and Noah. Bulls are awful guys!

LA_Raiders
NY moving forward....

sintaks12
well yes he's better then lee but how does saying "I'll talk to lebron" have anything to do with being better then lee at basketball?

It clearly doesn't. But some people say that we should have just kept Lee because he's the better value. While I agree with that to a degree, there's no star power with David Lee. Stat can attract other players. No one's going to NY just so they can team up with Lee.

JNA17
07-05-2010, 07:37 PM
It clearly doesn't. But some people say that we should have just kept Lee because he's the better value. While I agree with that to a degree, there's no star power with David Lee. Stat can attract other players.

i know i was just messing with you :p

The Dream
07-05-2010, 07:37 PM
I mean lets face it. Knick fans just want to make the playoffs again. they aren't title contenders even if they get Lebron.

LeBron and Jamison were though . Amare and Lebron aren't . I get what you're saying

Haha HATERSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

nystandup
07-05-2010, 07:38 PM
[QUOTE=nystandup;13955973]

Oh i'm not judging the knicks now, i only questioned the current knicks team in addition of amare compared to the 2009-2010 knicks

I think it's obvious that if the Knicks were to sit on their hands for the rest of the off season that we would be a worse than last year mainly because we're lacking depth and aren't even holding a full roster, so yeah we're worse with Amare on the Knicks current team compared to our team from last year.

AddiX
07-05-2010, 07:40 PM
At least we can count on being IN the playoffs. Ny hasn't been a playoff team in what 8 years? You hate on the Celtics or the Lakers but you don't hate the Knicks. You're talking pure blasphemy

Anyone who hates on the Knicks is a freaking loser because we have been horrible for years. Unless your a chi-town fan you really have no excuses.

goose15
07-05-2010, 07:40 PM
Welcome to NY Amare

now trade Lee for Parker or Ellis

Ebbs1317
07-05-2010, 07:41 PM

You dont think Amare stats are gonna go up in coach d's system and playing in the east? :confused:

robdizzle3
07-05-2010, 07:41 PM
I think they overpaid for him, but I guess they wanted their guy.

Ebbs1317
07-05-2010, 07:42 PM
I think they overpaid for him, but I guess they wanted their guy.

Someone was going to give him a max if we didnt

JNA17
LeBron and Jamison were though . Amare and Lebron aren't . I get what you're saying

Haha HATERSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

well the cavs was more then just Jamison and Lebron, they had Mo, Varejao, solid shooters/role players in like West, Parker, Hickson, Big Z, Shaq.

Now hypothetically if the knicks did get lebron, it's basically lebron/amare/Danilo Not really an upgrade in terms of teammates for lebron compared to the cavs. The Knicks will need to sign some solid role players after lebron and amare if they expect to get pass the first or 2nd round.

robdizzle3
I give credit to Amar'e for manning up and picking a team, while not waiting like other guys.

I like the attitude... instead of waiting to see who goes where, he picks the place where he thinks he can be a factor. Good on ya Amar'e, gained a lot more of my respect.

I have to agree with this. He wanted to go to the Knicks and didnt play hopscotch with them. True, he's no Lebron or Wade, but he's a big time player nonetheless.

JNA17
07-05-2010, 07:44 PM
You dont think Amare stats are gonna go up in coach d's system and playing in the east? :confused:

lol no no no. I said how does talking and saying three words, make you a better basketball player then the other guy. :p

elizur
07-05-2010, 07:44 PM
1 week ago: The Knicks are gonna get shut out!
Who wants to play with that roster!

Today: The Knicks are not gonna get anyone except Amar'e! I knew the whole time, they wouldonly get one player!

Giaps
07-05-2010, 07:45 PM
Wow! Knicks sign Amare?

It's like deja vu all over again
Save it hater. It's getting old.

nystandup
07-05-2010, 07:45 PM
I'd love to be greedy and want to win a chip next season, but that isn't realistic. To be quite honest I'd be thrilled with a trip to the playoffs next season. I miss the Garden rockin

0nekhmer
07-05-2010, 07:46 PM
Haha, the knicks actually got someone. Good luck with that amare. Nash aint there to help you :P

KnickFanSince91
07-05-2010, 07:47 PM
So again I ask...is there a better PF than Amar'e in the East right now?

Ebbs1317
07-05-2010, 07:48 PM
[QUOTE=JNA17;13956285]well the cavs was more then just Jamison and Lebron, they had Mo, Varejao, solid shooters/role players in like West, Parker, Hickson, Big Z, Shaq.

Now hypothetically if the knicks did get lebron, it's basically lebron/amare/Danilo Not really an upgrade in terms of teammates for lebron compared to the cavs. The Knicks will need to sign some solid role players after lebron and amare if they expect to get pass the first or 2nd round.[/Q

You only list lebron/danilo/stat... you didnt add chandler.. second you say they had good role players and you list west and hickson guys didnt even sniff the court in the playoffs.. so basically i think its chandler/stat/danilo>>>mo/jamison/and who ever else i guess varejao

JNA17
07-05-2010, 07:48 PM

I heard Chris Bosh is pretty good

NYKalltheway
07-05-2010, 07:49 PM
Knicks:

Amare Stoudemire
Danilo Gallinari
Wilson Chandler
Bill Walker
Eddy Curry (expiring)
Toney Douglas
(David Lee) -> potential sign & trade
+ 2 draft picks

Bulls:

Derrick Rose
Joakim Noah
Luol Deng
James Johnson?
Taj Gibson
+ 1 draft pick

Heat:

(Dwayne Wade)
Mario Chalmers
Michael Beasley
Kenny Harsbrouck (who??)
+ 3 draft picks

Sorry if I miss someone.

So seriously, colored glasses off, who's got the best "cast" now?

Ebbs1317
07-05-2010, 07:49 PM
Haha, the knicks actually got someone. Good luck with that amare. Nash aint there to help you :P

Yea but theres no hate for the knicks.. :facepalm:

JNA17
07-05-2010, 07:51 PM
You only list lebron/danilo/stat... you didnt add chandler.. second you say they had good role players and you list west and hickson guys didnt even sniff the court in the playoffs.. so basically i think its chandler/stat/danilo>>>mo/jamison/and who ever else i guess varejao

oh yeah forgot about chandler my bad. But still does not really bring much to the table.

They did not play in the playoffs but they still did great during the season, the reason however for them not playing in the playoffs is something i will never understand from mike brown.

robdizzle3
07-05-2010, 07:53 PM

Yes, Chris Bosh is. Amare still doesnt play defense. Doesnt matter if you dont like how Bosh is handling himself, the guy is still better than any big man on the market right now.

KnicksR4Real
07-05-2010, 07:53 PM
I just patted myself in the back.

Ebbs1317
07-05-2010, 07:55 PM
oh yeah forgot about chandler my bad. But still does not really bring much to the table.

They did not play in the playoffs but they still did great during the season, the reason however for them not playing in the playoffs is something i will never understand from mike brown.

I dont know how you say that brings nothing to the table.. imagine pick n roll with bron and stat and danilo spotting up on the wing.. :speechless: very tough to guard i dont care if you have douglas running point and curry playing center

nystandup
07-05-2010, 07:58 PM
I'm curious to see where the Knicks go from here. My guess is they will be waiting for Bron's decision later this week.

JNA17
07-05-2010, 08:00 PM
I dont know how you say that brings nothing to the table.. imagine pick n roll with bron and stat and danilo spotting up on the wing.. :speechless: very tough to guard i dont care if you have douglas running point and curry playing center

in bold, sounds like the nash and amare with frye spotting up the 3 system.

Also not caring about who played PG and Center is the exact reason why the team would not win anything. You can't just put in 2 players like Douglas and Curry and except to win, no matter how good your other 2 or 3 players are. PG and Center are the two most important positions in the league and if you don't have at least solid ones in the playoffs, other teams will exploit it and the team will be done for.

WolvesJagsOs
07-05-2010, 08:02 PM

Lol, not trying to start a war, but yeah, until they get another big FA, yeah, i think they will be awful. For one, David Lee was a 20/11+ last year, Amare was prolly better, but, he dont got nash no more, and amare and lee were both horrible at defense. lol,Its a step in the right direction no doubt, but it is not a playoff team or even close to it yet.

Amare- 23.1 points, 8.9 boards, 1.0 assists, 0.6 stls, 1 block, 0.1 3.

David Lee- 20.2 points, 11.7 boards, 3.6 assists, 1.1 steals, 0.5 block, 0 3's

Ebbs1317
07-05-2010, 08:04 PM
in bold, sounds like the nash and amare with frye spotting up the 3 system.

Also not caring about who played PG and Center is the exact reason why the team would not win anything. You can't just put in 2 players like Douglas and Curry and except to win, no matter how good your other 2 or 3 players are. PG and Center are the two most important positions in the league and if you don't have at least solid ones in the playoffs, other teams will exploit it and the team will be done for.

Come on bro lebron/stat/danilo>>>>> nash/stat/frye.. and i do agree with you they need to upgrade the pg and center positions.. and im sure they will .. they will be going all out..

Cubs420
07-05-2010, 08:06 PM
Love the knicks hate... hahahahha keep it coming.. just shows everyone is getting a lil scared where gonna be relevant again... and if you think donnies gonna just sit back and say ok we got amare were done your ********.. gonna be a nice next 3 days get your cameras ready.....

I will be a "lil scared" if the Knicks get Wade or Lebron... Amare alone isn't going to do them much IMO.

nuggetsyankees
07-05-2010, 08:08 PM
they should put an offer down for Raymond Felton...I could see imagine him in a Knicks jersey and he is after all the best PG in FA

JWO35
07-05-2010, 08:08 PM
lol
I'm not trying to hate...but okay you got Amare, what you want me to do yeah Title Contenders to the top of the mountain!

You could lie to yourself to make it feel better but face Amare ain't going to make the Knicks do a 180. I actually like the Knicks, but I think he should have resigned with the Suns and tell the FO to bring in another player.

JNA17
07-05-2010, 08:09 PM
Come on bro lebron/stat/danilo>>>>> nash/stat/frye..

Talent Wise between those three, yes, however team wise? You, me, and everybody else have no clue how those 3 players you mentioned will play like. Basically, will they do better then the suns did last season or fall short? Once again, better talent, no gonna argue, will it produce more wins/last longer in the playoffs, that still in question if the knicks were to sign lebron

and i do agree with you they need to upgrade the pg and center positions.. and im sure they will .. they will be going all out..

I think they will get somebody at those two positions, i was only pointing out the flaw in just having 2 random players play the PG and Center position.

in bold

JWO35
07-05-2010, 08:09 PM
Oh Yeah you guys hurt my feelings by talking about the Pistons, is that what you want to hear? :cry:

JayHunter
07-05-2010, 08:10 PM
If I'm not mistaken, didn't Amar'e say he wanted to go somewhere where he could win now. Without a play making point guard him I only see him struggling

JNA17
07-05-2010, 08:11 PM
they should put an offer down for Raymond Felton...I could see imagine him in a Knicks jersey and he is after all the best PG in FA

that would be great. That and if they somehow manage to get Haywood or Shaq at the center spot along with Amare and Lebron would help the team tremendously.

cmellofan15
07-05-2010, 08:11 PM
http://twitter.com/Ian_OConnor/

Ace recruiter Brian Cashman post Amare Stoudemire: "#LeBron James will be a Knick..I'm convinced of it." #Knicks #yankees

#Knicks plan not to trade for Carmelo, but get him in free agency next yr despite difficulty getting max slot detailed by @johnschuhmann

this guy has some pretty bold predictions on what the Knicks are doing.

Ebbs1317
07-05-2010, 08:13 PM
in bold

I agree i mean we just gotta wait it out and see what happens.. hopefully it works out well and we can see the lakers in the finals in the near future lol..

JNA17
07-05-2010, 08:13 PM
[url]http://twitter.com/Ian_OConnor/[/url

Brian Cashman? I thought Rosie Ol' Donald was suppose to convince Lebron to play for New York :p

JNA17
07-05-2010, 08:14 PM
I agree i mean we just gotta wait it out and see what happens.. hopefully it works out well and we can see the lakers in the finals in the near future lol..

i would not mind that at all.....with the lakers winning in result of course :cool:

JerseysFinest
07-05-2010, 08:14 PM
nice signing ny, if you guys get lebron, add that to amar'e and toney and those guys, and you guys will be contending for a long time no doubt

Ebbs1317
07-05-2010, 08:15 PM
that would be great. That and if they somehow manage to get Haywood or Shaq at the center spot along with Amare and Lebron would help the team tremendously.

Can't make that offer till we see whats up with bron and wade

Ebbs1317
07-05-2010, 08:16 PM
Oh Yeah you guys hurt my feelings by talking about the Pistons, is that what you want to hear? :cry:

Nah just wanted to let you know your team is garbage and dont hate on ours when your in no position too..:)

JNA17
07-05-2010, 08:17 PM
Can't make that offer till we see whats up with bron and wade

I know. I only meant if the knicks were to get Lebron.

JNA17
07-05-2010, 08:18 PM
Nah just wanted to let you know your team is garbage and dont hate on ours when your in no position too..:)

I wish Mavs fans would have got that message until the playoffs :pity:

xxseven72ducexx
07-05-2010, 08:21 PM
here we go baby, finally an all-star coming to new york...now that we got commitment from amar'e this gives us a better shot at getting lebron or another top free agent, if we strike out on that then were gonna get some1 else in a sign and trade for david lee, either monta ellis or all jefferson, either one is fine with me cuz after that were gonna have a real formiddable team on the floor night in and night out...NEW YORK IS BACK ON THE MAP!!!!!

SC1211
07-05-2010, 08:21 PM
The Knicks better hope they get Lebron or Wade. If it's just Amare, I'm not convinced he's that much of an upgrade over Lee. Don't get too excited yet Knicks fans. As a Rockets fan, I'm still very optimistic about the value of those picks you sent us ;).

TheBay30
07-05-2010, 08:23 PM
Coooool, Amare is overrated...all he care about is points.Knicks wasted there money on him
David Lee>Amare
Not gonna hate on the pick up for the Knicks but they overpayed him.
Amare not gonna help them win.

xxseven72ducexx
07-05-2010, 08:23 PM
The Knicks better hope they get Lebron or Wade. If it's just Amare, I'm not convinced he's that much of an upgrade over Lee. Don't get too excited yet Knicks fans. As a Rockets fan, I'm still very optimistic about the value of those picks you sent us ;).

I've loved David Lee during his time in New York, don't get me wrong but Amar'e is a HUGE upgrade over him, offensively and just his imposing will...players aren't scared of D-Lee but they are of STAT and that's gonna help us a whooole lot this upcoming season

still1ballin
07-05-2010, 08:24 PM
Knicks looking good

Ebbs1317
07-05-2010, 08:27 PM
coooool, amare is overrated...all he care about is points.knicks wasted there money on him
david lee>amare
not gonna hate on the pick up for the knicks but they overpayed him.

hi hater:)

TheBay30
07-05-2010, 08:27 PM
Knicks looking good

Not realllly..
They need sidekicks for Amare.

TheBay30
07-05-2010, 08:30 PM
Okay watch!
Steve Nash mostly created Amare's shots!
Knicks dont have a pg like Nash.

nystandup
07-05-2010, 08:32 PM
Okay watch!
Steve Nash mostly created Amare's shots!
Knicks dont have a pg like Nash.

Knicks are also in the East

ManRam
07-05-2010, 08:33 PM
I'm slowly turning into a Knick fan, for the same reason PSD made me a LeBron fan...

...all the crazy hate.

Guys. This isn't the last move NY is making this off-season. I think we all need to do everyone a favor and stop acting like this is their final roster. They have 6 players on the team now (or will win Amare can actually sign in a few days). Let's just see how the rest of the pieces fall this off-season.

JordansBulls
07-05-2010, 08:34 PM
Knicks:

Amare Stoudemire
Danilo Gallinari
Wilson Chandler
Bill Walker
Eddy Curry (expiring)
Toney Douglas
(David Lee) -> potential sign & trade
+ 2 draft picks

Bulls:

Derrick Rose
Joakim Noah
Luol Deng
James Johnson?
Taj Gibson
+ 1 draft pick

Heat:

(Dwayne Wade)
Mario Chalmers
Michael Beasley
Kenny Harsbrouck (who??)
+ 3 draft picks

Sorry if I miss someone.

So seriously, colored glasses off, who's got the best "cast" now?

The Bulls because we can still get Lebron and Bosh or Boozer.

TheBay30
07-05-2010, 08:35 PM
Knicks are also in the East

Just watch!
Amares gonna try and be a star player, he's gonna do too much.
He's nothing without Nash

The Dream
07-05-2010, 08:39 PM
From "Knicks aren't getting anyone this offseason haha they suck"
To "Knicks still suck. They only got Amar'e and Lee is better anyways!"

Is this a joke? Did you expect the Knicks to sign 2 superstars at once? WTF. I'm laughing at the Amare topic in the Bulls forum. They are scared.. not of the Knicks but of being shut out in free agency. I really hope they do

nystandup
07-05-2010, 08:39 PM
Just watch!
Amares gonna try and be a star player, he's gonna do too much.
He's nothing without Nash

Like you saying this means something. Theres no denying he's a stud of a bball player He is a freak of an athlete if you have ever watched him play. Stop hatin

bkmikeyy
07-05-2010, 08:40 PM
and it continues...Knicks can never get anything positive from people, if they get Lebron people will then find a new way to put the Knicks down...like ehh they spent so much money on two players they will never win BLAH BLAH BLAH, Knicks did get better today and will continue to do so in the next few days.

Who cares if you think they overpaid, thats the market today I'd rather have Amar'e at 17 mill than Boozer at 14 because it wont matter once the Knicks are over the cap in the future the MLE is worth more than the difference between the two anyways. Plus even after this signing the Knicks have 30 million to spend in the next two years another star is coming so everybody gotta stop trying to bash the Knicks and admit they are on their way back up. Johnson signs for 120 million and people barely complain, Drew Gooden signed for like 35 but Amar'e for 100 is an awful deal?

JWO35
07-05-2010, 08:42 PM
So who's the Knicks starting Point Guard as of now?

no this isn't a bait...I'm just simply curious to know, and is his job safe?

JNA17
I'm slowly turning into a Knick fan, for the same reason PSD made me a LeBron fan...

bandwagoner ;)

TheBay30
You'll see! I've watched a lot of Suns games, he's solid but he won't do anything to the Knicks.
And plus GSW were close to trade Curry for Amare
Glad they didn't, all the dude cares about is his points!

JNA17
07-05-2010, 08:43 PM

Tony Douglas, and no if the knicks get Felton.

Also the chick in your sig is hot as ****

HeaTxRipZz
07-05-2010, 08:45 PM

Toney Douglas.....hes the only PG under contract ATM and i would say he still has alot to prove for his job to be safe. Duhon is gone (:D)

nystandup
You'll see! I've watched a lot of Suns games, he's solid but he won't do anything to the Knicks.
And plus GSW were close to trade Curry for Amare
Glad they didn't, all the dude cares about is his points!

Look at it this way. He's an upgrade from David Lee IMO who I wish the Knicks would still be able to retain but you'd have to agree Amare is the superior talent. Lee put up some pretty good numbers with the Knicks without Steve Nash. I'm confident Amare can do the same if not better since they are basically going to be playing the same role.

elizur
Coooool, Amare is overrated...all he care about is points.Knicks wasted there money on him
David Lee>Amare
Not gonna hate on the pick up for the Knicks but they overpayed him.

So... What was the rest of you post about then? Love?

fishfan79
07-05-2010, 08:47 PM
expensive but I like the signing, it is nice to see. I hope the knicks are good and the heat too to enjoy the rivalry again :)

JNA17
07-05-2010, 08:48 PM
So... What was the rest of you post about then? Love?

tough love perhaps?

TheBay30
07-05-2010, 08:50 PM
If amare's gonna put up the same numbers as Lee, and if Lee leaves than theres just gonna be the same team. They need sidekicks for Amare!

nystandup
07-05-2010, 08:51 PM
expensive but I like the signing, it is nice to see. I hope the knicks are good and the heat too to enjoy the rivalry again :)

agreed. As much as Knick fans love to hate the heat and vica versa, it's not the same without that rivalry. I used to always look forward to them and the heat meeting in the playoffs.

LTBaByyy
07-05-2010, 08:52 PM
For the people saying David Lee is better than Amare.... WOW!!!!!!!!!

Get out of here. Please tell me why

Amare stats AND acheivements are better, Has D Lee ever got on an All NBA team?

Amare has been on the first team once and second team 3 teams

Kashmir13579
07-05-2010, 08:53 PM
Not really an improvement. But they had to do something. At least they got a name.

amare is ten times as explosive as lee on the offensive end. they both dont like to play defense. and are about the same with rebounding. so i'd say amare's got the edge (if he stays healthy). now if knicks get a decent pg (or bronbron) amare is gonna tear up the east and score 30 points a game.

JNA17
07-05-2010, 08:54 PM

Well no question Amare is better then Lee but It's not by a mile. Lee is a better rebounder, Amare is a better scorer, and both are ******** on defense.

elizur
07-05-2010, 08:55 PM
amare is ten times as explosive as lee on the offensive end. they both dont like to play defense. and are about the same with rebounding. so i'd say amare's got the edge (if he stays healthy). now if knicks get a decent pg (or bronbron) amare is gonna tear up the east and score 30 points a game.

Amar'e can be handed the ball in the fourth quarter and he can score on his own. David Lee is not that player. We tried and failed that idea.

Cubsfan365
07-05-2010, 08:56 PM
I am just loving how the Knicks fans are acting like this is an amazing signing. Have fun with those knee surgeries...

Kashmir13579

Dlee is good........ not better than amare. especially not on the offensive end. amare can throw it down like shawn kemp

nystandup

I think it's just that we have all watched Lee grow since we drafted him like he was our son ha ha. He's been our best player through all of our mediocre years and his style of play is something that the NY fans love to root for. My favorite D Lee memory was the tip in as I'm sure it is for other Knick fans but for me personally, his relentlessness on the boards and his ability to get the ball in the hoop around the basket made him my favorite player.

LTBaByyy
07-05-2010, 08:57 PM
Amare is better than Lee by a mile!!

I wanna see what Lee does in Spurs or Bobcats( s&t)
thats not inflated stats

Acheivements and Stats(Career, dont go off just last year) are better than D Lee

Congrats NY!!!!! Yall should be happy, forget the haters

JWO35

Lee is a better overall player than Stat, He may not be more athletic or faster than Amare but he is a better rebounder than Amare and a great passer for a Big man...I can see why some people would consider Lee a better player.

Their Stats are very similar

Ebbs1317
I am just loving how the Knicks fans are acting like this is an amazing signing. Have fun with those knee surgeries...

Have fun when you get shut out...

The Dream
http://twitter.com/T_douglas23

@Amareisreal U heard me bro u gonna fit in with us we gonna be like kobe in shaq u gonna make me better the franchis better in the team to !

Kashmir13579
Amar'e can be handed the ball in the fourth quarter and he can score on his own. David Lee is not that player. We tried and failed that idea.

yes i absolutely agree.

JNA17
07-05-2010, 08:59 PM
Amare is better than Lee by a mile!!

Not being a hater or anything but what evidence do you have that amare is better than Lee by a mile? I already said Amare is no question better, but by a mile i disagreed.

(DET)#1 ALL DAY
07-05-2010, 09:00 PM
even if the knicks miss out on lebron they can sign a pg or resign lee lee plus amare thats alot better then last year

$KnicksAndKobe$
07-05-2010, 09:02 PM
If Knicks have Lee then Amare>Lee
If Knicks have Amare then Lee>Amare

Lol thats how its gonna be with haters. Whoever we get will suck

nystandup
07-05-2010, 09:03 PM
http://twitter.com/T_douglas23

@Amareisreal U heard me bro u gonna fit in with us we gonna be like kobe in shaq u gonna make me better the franchis better in the team to !

He said Kobe and Shaq? You sure that's the real Toney?

JNA17
even if the knicks miss out on lebron they can sign a pg or resign lee plus amare thats alot better then last year

yeah definitely offensively but an amare and lee at C and PF? I can already imagine that being one of the worst defensive front-courts of all time :laugh2:

LTBaByyy
Not being a hater or anything but what evidence do you have that amare is better than Lee by a mile? I already said Amare is no question better, but by a mile i disagreed.

Amare:5 all stars, Rookie of the Year, All NBA first team, 3 All NBA second teams

Lee: 1 all star

I really dont see why people would pick Lee over Amare, def bc amare is healthy!!

Lee is good!!! But I would pick Amare over him 100 out of 100 times

bkmikeyy
07-05-2010, 09:04 PM
Lee and Amare I think would make a pretty solid front court btw so if the Knicks strike out on everything else don't count that out. Lee is actually not the worst defender, he just seemed that way because he was a 6-9 center and actually would be a lot more solid defending the 4. Then they can save the 7 million they have left over and add on to the 11 million coming off the books and have a max offer waiting for Melo in 2011. That is really the worst case scenario for NY right now so I dont know why people are hating. Best case they get LBJ now and have the best duo in the NBA with 11 million to spend in 2011, future looks bright regardless.

Ebbs1317

That wont be determined until we see what stat does this year in the east where i expect his numbers to take a jump..

netsgiantsyanks
congrats knicks fans :clap: lets just hope h doesnt have a career ending knee injury:rolleyes:

NYY NYJ NYK
07-05-2010, 09:06 PM
Wow I didn't know the Knicks had so many haters. They sucked for the last decade.

Ebbs1317
07-05-2010, 09:06 PM
If Knicks have Lee then Amare>Lee
If Knicks have Amare then Lee>Amare

Lol thats how its gonna be with haters. Whoever we get will suck

Couldnt have said it better.:clap:

Cubsfan365
07-05-2010, 09:08 PM
Have fun when you get shut out...
Won't happen.

$KnicksAndKobe$
07-05-2010, 09:08 PM
The Bulls because we can still get Lebron and Bosh or Boozer.

You don't have enough money for Bosh AND Lebron. I don't see Bosh taking a pay cut and I no way in hell see the Raptors trading with you.

Also, it be kinda ironic for Lebron to join Boozer when he left him and in the same time join Noah who trashed him ... but even if you get Boozer and Lebron then you will have a team of no shooters to spread the floor for Lebron.

But to tell ya the truth, I rather the Bulls get two of the 3 left than the Heat to get all of them left.

Cubsfan365
07-05-2010, 09:09 PM
http://twitter.com/t_douglas23

@amareisreal u heard me bro u gonna fit in with us we gonna be like kobe in shaq u gonna make me better the franchis better in the team to !
huh?

JNA17
07-05-2010, 09:10 PM
Amare:5 all stars, Rookie of the Year, All NBA first team, 3 All NBA second teams

Lee: 1 all star

I really dont see why people would pick Lee over Amare, def bc amare is healthy!!

Lee is good!!! But I would pick Amare over him 100 out of 100 times

rookie of the year and all nba first is irrelevant since were talking about NOW and now something that happened 4 and 7 or 8 years ago.

Shawn Marion was a 4 time all star and 2 time all nba team, does that mean he's better then lee?

dude i already said amare is better then lee no question, i only said it's not by a mile by any means just from the 3 simple reasons. Amare=better scorer, Lee=better rebounder, Amare and Lee=both ******** monkeys on defense.

JNA17
07-05-2010, 09:11 PM
That wont be determined until we see what stat does this year in the east where i expect his numbers to take a jump..

i would expect otherwise if a player like lebron came to the knicks. His stats went up with Nash, how much will it go up with Tony Douglas?

colinskik
07-05-2010, 09:12 PM

OUT:
David Lee
Al Harrington
Tracy McGrady
Eddie House

IN:
Amare Stoudemire

There are three good reasons (at least) why the Knicks will be better than last year.

1.Whether you want to admit it or not, Amare is a better player than Lee. He's a banger down low who plays with toughness and he gets to the line. Lee is a very soft player and he doesn't have what it takes to hit the big shot at the end of a game. It's hard as a fan to watch his game sometimes, which brings me to the defensive aspect. Sure, by no means will either player win DPOY, but from what I've seen from Amare (I didn't watch every suns game, but I saw enough to make a reasonable assessment) he at least will make an effort. Lee doesn't do ANYTHING on the defensive end. In fact, he practically ushers his man to the hoop. PLayers often have career games when being guarded by him. And let's not forget that nobody was quick to sign him last offseason. That's because, I would contend, he's a wash when you compare his contribution on offense and his lack of everything on D. Amare was the go to guy on those Suns squads under D'Antoni and he makes a team better.

2. By not resigning players like Harrington, Duhon, McGrady etc, the Knicks put them selves in a much better situation as a team. Addition by subtraction. Other players like Larry Hughes and Jared Jeffries are no longer on the team thank God, which automatically makes NY a better, more cohesive team. Then you add that Gallo and Douglas and Chandler will be able to let their game develop without those types of ballhog, no talent, washed up players on the floor hindering their growth. I'm telling you, our young guys are good and will only get better if they can all be in the starting unit getting comfortable playing together now with Amare in the mix.

3. The Knicks are going to sign another player. Probably another pretty good player.

JNA17
07-05-2010, 09:14 PM
There are three good reasons (at least) why the Knicks will be better than last year.

1.Whether you want to admit it or not, Amare is a better player than Lee.

I'm not gonna read the rest and stop you right there, if you could take at least 2 min of your time to review the last 3 or 4 pages (including this one) you will see that i have mentioned over and over that amare is no question better then Lee

ManRam
07-05-2010, 09:15 PM
huh?

LOL. I like Douglas, a lot actually, but he should be slapped for even mentioning Kobe in the same breath as himself.

Let alone the fact that he just compared Amare to Shaq.

colinskik
07-05-2010, 09:17 PM
I'm not gonna read the rest and stop you right there, if you could take at least 2 min of your time to review the last 3 or 4 pages (including this one) you will see that i have mentioned over and over that amare is no question better then Lee
Well then why the hell did you say it in the first place?

sintaks12
07-05-2010, 09:18 PM

Definitely a risk. But why does everyone conveniently forget that Wade had knee surgery as well as other health issues not too long ago? If Chicago signed him you guys would go nuts and no one would say a word about the knee. But hey, that's cool... I could care less about what Chicago fans think of us signing Amare.

jresty1
07-05-2010, 09:19 PM
Now get the d lee for monta ellis trade done and sign ray allen. monta ellis is a speedy and offensive minded player who would fit perfectly in dantoni's system and can play the one, with his dribble penetration and the double teams amare would attract should leave ray allen and gallo open for threes. Youd have a lineup of monta ellis, ray allen, gallo, and amare. Maybe put wilson chandler at the four or have gallo at the four and that is a very dangerous team in the east.

JNA17
Well then why the hell did you say it in the first place?

say what in the first place?

Cubsfan365
LOL. I like Douglas, a lot actually, but he should be slapped for even mentioning Kobe in the same breath as himself.

Let alone the fact that he just compared Amare to Shaq.
Yeah, I got that much which was ridiculous. I have know idea what was said in the last half of that statement.

Cubsfan365
07-05-2010, 09:22 PM
Definitely a risk. But why does everyone conveniently forget that Wade had knee surgery as well as other health issues not too long ago? If Chicago signed him you guys would go nuts and no one would say a word about the knee. But hey, that's cool... I could care less about what Chicago fans think of us signing Amare.
Yeah, but imo Wade plays on both sides of the court and is a perennial MVP candidate so it is worth the risk, while I think Amar'e is going to be less effective without Nash.

bkmikeyy
07-05-2010, 09:23 PM
Yeah, I got that much which was ridiculous. I have know idea what was said in the last half of that statement.

That has to be a fake account...

sintaks12
07-05-2010, 09:25 PM
Yeah, but imo Wade plays on both sides of the court and is a perennial MVP candidate so it is worth the risk, while I think Amar'e is going to be less effective without Nash.

Well, here's to hoping that Donnie Walsh can find a point guard that likes to push the ball. Or maybe a forward that can play the point and would excel at the pick n roll. Know any that are available?:D

LTBaByyy
07-05-2010, 09:26 PM
Why does everyone keep saying he had nash and wont be good w/o him???

Nobody bashed Malone for playing with stockton, dang be happy for NY

They been sorry for the last few years now they finally got a marketable player

geeze, congrats NY!

h2r09
07-05-2010, 09:26 PM
This is the type of move that got the knicks to be so terrible in the first place. amare is worth nowhere near the max to me, and it is absolutely stupid to pay him the max over 5 years, when in the last 2 or maybe even 3 he will be declining and still not playing defense.

Cubsfan365
07-05-2010, 09:27 PM
Well, here's to hoping that Donnie Walsh can find a point guard that likes to push the ball. Or maybe a forward that can play the point and would excel at the pick n roll. Know any that are available?:D
I know of one, but reportedly as of this morning, he has eliminated the Knicks from contention. Sorry. :D

ManRam
07-05-2010, 09:28 PM

Hahaha. I didn't even noticed that. I was too bothered by the Shaq and Kobe comparison to keep reading. LOL.

Glad he's optimistic though. I think they should be optimistic...relatively-so.

But I don't think that's actually the real Toney.

Cubsfan365
07-05-2010, 09:29 PM
Hahaha. I didn't even noticed that. I was too bothered by the Shaq and Kobe comparison to keep reading. LOL.

Glad he's optimistic though. I think they should be optimistic...relatively-so.

But I don't think that's actually the real Toney.
Yeah, it's possible that is a fake account. But if you are going to impersonate a professional athlete, why pick Toney Douglas?

sintaks12
07-05-2010, 09:29 PM
I know of one, but reportedly as of this morning, he has eliminated the Knicks from contention. Sorry. :D

Let me guess... "sources" said so, right? :rolleyes: Too funny. Regardless, Donnie will get the Knicks additional, quality players. And they have tons of cap next year too. The future is bright.

Draco
07-05-2010, 09:32 PM

Amare's contract is uninsurable, Wade's contract won't be.

LTBaByyy
07-05-2010, 09:33 PM
If stat isnt worth the max then bosh def isnt!!!

Bosh has nothing stat wise, endorsement wise, and def nothing acheivement wise over Stoudemire

He IMO of course was the best FA power forward after Dirk

Cubsfan365
07-05-2010, 09:35 PM
Let me guess... "sources" said so, right? :rolleyes: Too funny. Regardless, Donnie will get the Knicks additional, quality players. And they have tons of cap next year too. The future is bright.
Yeah, you guys will make some nice headlines, but I highly doubt these players will get you any rings. Defense wins championships.

Natinals
07-05-2010, 09:36 PM
Wow I didn't know the Knicks had so many haters. They sucked for the last decade.

Its a New York team. Apparently its the cool thing to do on this forum is to hate the New York teams.

netsgiantsyanks
Now get the d lee for monta ellis trade done and sign ray allen. monta ellis is a speedy and offensive minded player who would fit perfectly in dantoni's system and can play the one, with his dribble penetration and the double teams amare would attract should leave ray allen and gallo open for threes. Youd have a lineup of monta ellis, ray allen, gallo, and amare. Maybe put wilson chandler at the four or have gallo at the four and that is a very dangerous team in the east.

theres a reason why monta plays sg instead of pg monta ellis can not play pg whatsoever

nystandup
I'm happy having the best pick n roll big man in the league since that was 95% of our offense last season

sintaks12
07-05-2010, 09:41 PM
If stat isnt worth the max then bosh def isnt!!!

Bosh has nothing stat wise, endorsement wise, and def nothing acheivement wise over Stoudemire

He IMO of course was the best FA power forward after Dirk

Didnt you get the memo? He plays for the Knicks now. He's overrated and not worth the risk :facepalm:

Allstar21
07-05-2010, 09:43 PM
dream scenario would be

Lebron to the knicks

wade + bosh to bulls

knicks S&T lee for jefferson or get parker somehow

lineups would be

Knicks
Douglas/Parker
Gallo
Lebron
Amare
Curry/Jefferson

Bulls
Rose
Wade
Dend
Bosh
Noah

my pants are wet now :(

LakeShowRaider
07-05-2010, 09:51 PM
Enjoy another 36 win season. Is Amare an improvement over Lee??? NOPE!