PDA

View Full Version : Power Ranking 50 Players Who Could Be On the Move

AirMyles
07-05-2010, 03:50 PM
***************************/articles/415713-mlb-trade-rumors-power-ranking-50-players-who-could-be-on-the-move#page/13

39. Kevin Gregg (Blue Jays)

Gregg has endured a steady, yet unspectacular year as the Blue Jays closer. He has been up and down for the Blue Jays, but could be looked upon as a setup man or possibly a closer for a contender.

Teams Interested: Twins, Phillies, Reds, Tigers

What It Will Take: All three teams are looking for bullpen help while the Blue Jays could use another bat in the order to hit for average and work the small ball game. Drew Stubbs makes the best sense from the Reds. Stubbs can hit for some power and steals a good amount of bases.

34. John Buck (Blue Jays

Buck has enjoyed a surprising year for the Blue Jays, but that does not mean the team will keep him around past the deadline. The quicker the Blue Jays slip out of playoff contention (and the day is rapidly coming), the more likely they will be to trade away pieces. Buck has 13 home runs this season and could instantly help a team looking for added pop and help behind the plate.

Teams Interested: Reds

The Reds and Blue Jays have done business before which helps the chances of this deal. The Reds have Ramon Hernandez as their everyday catcher, but there is little help behind him and the Reds could use another bat. The could ride Buck’s power in the small Great American Ballpark and have a strong battery combination with Hernandez. Sending a number of prospects back to Toronto (which wants to continued its reconstruction of the farm) is a starting point.

23. Aaron Hill (Blue Jays)

Hill is no doubt having a down year seeing as he is hitting .189 with 11 home runs and 30 RBI, but Hill has the potential to be valuable bat with a change of scenery. Like others on this list before him, his down year at the plate will reduce his value. The Blue Jays want to build around guys like Hill and Adam Lind, but both fo their down years will likely mean one is in Toronto.

Teams Interested: Rockies

What It Will Take: The Blue Jays have not officially put Hill on the market, but the Rockies could be desperate for middle infield help before Troy Tulowitzki returns. Despite Hill’s performance this season, he has the potential for much more and that means the Rockies may have to a larger than expected value for Hill. Two high-level minor leaguers, particularly bats, and another low-level minor league should be sufficient.

16. Jose Bautista (Blue Jays)

Bautista is enjoying a career season as the leading home run hitter in the American League. However, his .230 batting average and lack of track record is enough waver opinions of his stock right now. The Blue Jays could take advantage of his career year for some help on the mound.

Teams Interested: Giants, Twins, Braves

What It Will Take: The Blue Jays will up the price given Bautista’s production and the fact that his availability may not be anymore than a flirtation. The Jays want young talent, particularly on the mound which the Giants and Braves have in their farm systems. The Blue Jays could ask for Aaron Hicks from the Twins or Randall Delgado from the Braves.

Farsight
07-05-2010, 03:57 PM
I agree with all of those possibilities, other than Hill being traded. As stated in the article, the jays want to build a core around the aforementioned Hill and Lind. Also, Hills value is at an all time low, and the jays would want to maximize his value...

I'm surprised that Gonzalez is not on the list. I would switch Hill with Gonzalez

torontosports10
07-05-2010, 04:10 PM
I like Drew Stubbs for the Jays. If we could get him for Gregg I would love it.

Id say sell on Bautista since we all know we are buy low/sell high folks and this is as high as its gonna get imo. Try to make sure we get back a 3B spec. Id like Travis Neal and a pitching spec from the Giants, who could really use him.

Hill shouldnt be on there, and as said before see what then market could be for Gonzalez whose defense is awesome. Johnny Mac can fill in the rest of the season, now knowing 100% without a doubt we are outta the race.

Buck has been one of my favs this year, but with JPA doing wonders on the farm we could live with Molina and Ruiz until Sept when JPA gets his taste of action. A spec or two would be nice. Come to think of it, I wonder why type of FA he may be. Perhaps keep him and see if he can at least be a type B and get the sandwich pick.

marcre
07-05-2010, 04:18 PM
I'd have no problem with any of them being traded. As long as we got great value.

I'm not as opposed to trading Hill as others. If we can get a sweet deal for him, I say do it. He has been terrible this year. I'd like to know more about why he has been so bad though. After the year he had last year, this seams unimaginable. Lind too.

wamco
07-05-2010, 04:18 PM
If the reds want gregg and buck, i would do both for stubbs.

Best case scenario would be a team wanting multiple players of ours where we could maximize our return on one sure thing rather than a bunch of mediocre question marks.

torontosports10
07-05-2010, 04:56 PM

Best case scenario would be a team wanting multiple players of ours where we could maximize our return on one sure thing rather than a bunch of mediocre question marks.

Unless of course those players begin to walk into Type A or B's.

Still cant believe how the Red Sox owned the Mets in getting Wagner, letting him walk and getting 2 1st round picks.

T.O. Fan
07-05-2010, 08:30 PM
I would think that Scott Downs would be ahead of Gregg on that list, but that's just me.

It looks like the Jays could potentially have a very interesting trade/waiver deadline this year.

Downs, Gregg, Frasor, Buck, Bautista and Overbay all have some value on the trade market. Yes, I said Overbay. He's hitting well of late, enough for him to be attractive.

broncosfan_101
07-05-2010, 09:24 PM

Todd Frazier would be a good pull from the Reds, too.

2009mvp
07-05-2010, 10:05 PM
Wow I'd be thrilled if we somehow pulled Delgado from the Braves for Bautista.

bomber0104
07-05-2010, 11:57 PM
i doubt any team would give a delgado or hicks type prospect for Bautista but I would love to see it happen.

I dunno how downs isn't on the list. He should probably be top 10

Halladay
07-06-2010, 12:17 AM
I'm surprised there wasn't more of our bullpen on the list. You'd have to believe that many of our BP arms are for sale.

wamco
07-06-2010, 03:14 AM
hicks and ramos may be headed to sea

BB King
07-06-2010, 08:10 AM
I really doubt Alex A would deal Hill, his numbers are down but he's a cornerstone to the rebuild.

Big Hurt
07-06-2010, 08:58 AM
We have to keep Gonzo. He is our SS next year. Now maybe at next years trade deadline we could consider trade offers for him but not this year.

B2theRY
07-06-2010, 11:41 AM
They aren't dealing Aaron Hill.

Maybe a team will nibble on vernon.

I like John Buck... I also believe a team will trade for Molina.. I think Molina will be dealt 100%

wamco
07-06-2010, 11:48 AM
and next year gonzo could have half the stats of this year

Bob_at_york
07-06-2010, 12:15 PM
I like Drew Stubbs for the Jays. If we could get him for Gregg I would love it.
I don't know much about Stubbs but looking at his age and stats, I would like that too.

Nofear
07-06-2010, 01:16 PM

I'd deal Buck and Gregg for Stubbs as well. If its Gregg straight up for Stubbs, I'd be suprised

Nofear
07-06-2010, 01:24 PM
I would think that Scott Downs would be ahead of Gregg on that list, but that's just me.

It looks like the Jays could potentially have a very interesting trade/waiver deadline this year.

Downs, Gregg, Frasor, Buck, Bautista and Overbay all have some value on the trade market. Yes, I said Overbay. He's hitting well of late, enough for him to be attractive.

With Downs currently a Type A FA next year, its very unlikely he will get dealt so thats probably why he's not on the list. Downs leaving the Jays as a FA is 99% certain because at his age, there's no way he accepts a one year deal or arbitration from the Jays so it would take a monster package to get him at the deadline. Its a Jays win either way

B2theRY
07-06-2010, 01:34 PM
trade anyone and everyone....

the jays need a real player to market (a hitter)

B2theRY
07-06-2010, 01:37 PM
let's get Joey Votto ;)

BlueJayFanDan
07-06-2010, 02:04 PM
Hill and Lind should be our hitting untouchables. If someone would take Vernon's contract I say move him as long as we get a good return. Bautista, Gonzalez, Buck, Encarnacion, Overbay, can all be moved.

Pitching I say we need to move Frasor and Gregg. Downs for the right deal could be moved however he could net us great draft selections so I would not be so quick to move him. If the right deal comes along though I am all for it. Camp could be moved too. He is having a good year and I think a contender would pay something good for him. I think we for now should keep all our starters.

StayOnBoard
07-06-2010, 02:59 PM
Hill and Lind should be our hitting untouchables. If someone would take Vernon's contract I say move him as long as we get a good return. Bautista, Gonzalez, Buck, Encarnacion, Overbay, can all be moved.

Pitching I say we need to move Frasor and Gregg. Downs for the right deal could be moved however he could net us great draft selections so I would not be so quick to move him. If the right deal comes along though I am all for it. Camp could be moved too. He is having a good year and I think a contender would pay something good for him. I think we for now should keep all our starters.

I agree completely... I would also put Marcum on that list (for the right package)

Rochesta
07-06-2010, 06:35 PM
The best change of scenery for Hill would be a new coaching staff next year.

Rochesta
07-06-2010, 06:37 PM
Also, don't forget that we should recover draft pick value for any of these players.

Gibby
07-07-2010, 05:30 PM
i dont mind trading any of the players on that list except for hill. I will also add Gonzo to the list. I think he is almost as valuable as John Buck. Jays should be looking to trade Downs and Frasor.

T.O. Fan
07-08-2010, 04:26 PM
If the Twins are interested in Bautista I'd take Ben Revere off their hands.

He doesn't have a lot of pop, but seems to project as a solid leadoff guy with speed and a possibly eventual CF replacement for Wells.

http://www.fangraphs.com/statss.aspx?playerid=paI07002&position=OF

http://www.thebaseballcube.com/players/r/ben-revere.shtml

http://www.baseball-reference.com/minors/player.cgi?id=revere001ben

wamco
07-09-2010, 08:50 AM
Went to twins jays game wed night, what a freaking embarrassment. Noone there, no noise except for random soccer chants occasionally. Felt like I was watching the game at a library. Maybe by the time the team is ready to add payroll consistently, the team will consider moving due to lack of attendance, and they brought that on themselves.