PDA

View Full Version : JA Adande: "They're about to lock down that deal (Amare)" UPDATE: No verbal deal yet

The Dream
07-05-2010, 01:23 PM
I'm told Amare is "driving to [Knicks] offices as we speak. They're about to lock that deal down." We'll see.

Read more: http://twitter.com/jadande/status/17803628095

This can become official any minute now. They're running the contract right now:clap:

big day for Knick fans!!

UPDATE:

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/38097888/ns/sports-player_news/

Amare Stoudemire toured New York and met with Knicks representatives on Monday, but team president Donnie Walsh said there has been no verbal commitment.
"He's here visiting, but we're not there yet," said Walsh. It appears that Amare might be hedging his bets until LeBron announces his decision, and he might follow through with scheduled meetings with the Nets and Bulls. Nevertheless, NY reportedly has a max offer on the table and it would be shocking if he lands elsewhere.

still1ballin
07-05-2010, 01:24 PM
wowzers

nystandup
07-05-2010, 01:25 PM
I'll believe it when I see it, nothing against oyu. I jsut don't know what to believe anymore.

MetsJets0809
07-05-2010, 01:39 PM
:clap:Finally. But Very good news

Ragun
07-05-2010, 01:44 PM
congrats to the knicks. i look towards battles between bargs and amare...or ed davis and amare.

Lakers4ItAll
07-05-2010, 01:49 PM
Amare then Lebron then Melo = Nasty

KnicksorBust
07-05-2010, 01:49 PM
Well there goes everyone who said we'd completely strike out. :rolleyes: Love the signing!

Step 1 - Complete
Step 2 - In Action...

Big Zo
07-05-2010, 01:51 PM
I thought they couldn't actually sign until the 8th?

jrm2054
07-05-2010, 01:52 PM
this is the best place for amare and if they could pry melo from the nuggets they would be in a good spot

The Jokemaker
07-05-2010, 01:53 PM
Great signing. Big fan of Amare Stoudemire and I think he can do great things with the Knicks. Definitely a step in the right direction. Now the hypothetical is no longer so they can officially say, "Hey Lebron, we have a sidekick waiting for you...."

All of this depends of course on this report being true and Amare signing but I trust what I hear from the J.A. Adande Lounge.

jrm2054
07-05-2010, 01:53 PM
I thought they couldn't actually sign until the 8th?

they can't but he will verbally commit which is as good as signing 98% of the time they honor the verbal commitment

Kakaroach
07-05-2010, 01:56 PM
Yeah it was obvious this was gonna get it done the second they said they were gonna offer him a max. Good move by the Knicks, wonder if this will bring in any other free agents as well.

redwhitenblue
07-05-2010, 01:57 PM
Good for the Knicks.

Now grab yourself Ray Allen, resign David Lee and build a bench instead of trying and failing at another max guy.

KnicksorBust
07-05-2010, 01:58 PM
Great signing. Big fan of Amare Stoudemire and I think he can do great things with the Knicks. Definitely a step in the right direction. Now the hypothetical is no longer so they can officially say, "Hey Lebron, we have a sidekick waiting for you...."

All of this depends of course on this report being true and Amare signing but I trust what I hear from the J.A. Adande Lounge.

I wonder if there are any other celebrity sightings today. :laugh2:

$KnicksAndKobe$
07-05-2010, 01:59 PM
Good, gets us closer to Wade or Lebron.

Hellcrooner
thats good getting to sign the ifirst piece of the domino will increase a TON their chances to then land either wade or lebron specially if bosh EREALLy goes houston

KnicksorBust
Good for the Knicks.

Now grab yourself Ray Allen, resign David Lee and build a bench instead of trying and failing at another max guy.

We have more pressing needs. We need to find a point guard and a shotblocker.

Hellcrooner
07-05-2010, 02:02 PM
they need to get lebron or wade ina SIGN and trade with LEE and curry to keep enough cap space to get 1 year vets like allen iveroson or shaq . and then have the cap for melo next year.

Kidd>>>K-Mart
07-05-2010, 02:04 PM
Well the Knicks big plans have failed since they wanted LeBron and Bosh.

redwhitenblue
We have more pressing needs. We need to find a point guard and a shotblocker.
Get those in pieces. The Knicks, even with Amar'e have a terribly weak roster overall. Another max guy will just hurt the chances to build a solid overall team.

GSRaider
Good for the Knicks... Now trade Lee to my Warriors for Monta!

MJT91190
07-05-2010, 02:07 PM
Chris Broussard reported on twitter that the Knicks getting Amare has intrigued Lebron and they are gaining ground. The Knicks are definately not out of it.

http://twitter.com/chris_broussard

Kakaroach
07-05-2010, 02:09 PM
This has to mean Lee is out of town as well. No need for him with Amare.

jrm2054
07-05-2010, 02:11 PM
Chris Broussard reported on twitter that the Knicks getting Amare has intrigued Lebron and they are gaining ground. The Knicks are definately not out of it.

this is not a shot at you in anyway but Chris Broussard is the worst most unknowledgable analyst on this planet.

bkmikeyy
07-05-2010, 02:11 PM
Well the Knicks big plans have failed since they wanted LeBron and Bosh.

Not true at all, a Net fan would say that though, since he needs the Knicks to struggle in the hopes of "winning" over NY fans so he doesn't have to sit in an empty arena anymore.

I think the Knicks were linked to Bosh so much because it was rumored he had a strong Lebron connection but I wouldn't be surprised if Amare was their first choice. MDA is obviously very close with Amare and they had some successful seasons together. Plus Amare is much more fit to play center if need be, Bosh is too soft and not athletic enough to maximize his potential in the Knicks system. Plus the pick and roll with Amare and Bron would be unstoppable. I really think Amare is a much better fit for NY.

Pharoe18
07-05-2010, 02:13 PM
Now we'll see if Amare was just a product of Steve Nash.

redwhitenblue
07-05-2010, 02:14 PM

I think it's been fairly clear the Knicks were getting Amar'e since they offered him a max, why does this NOW intrigue Lebron?

Hindy27
07-05-2010, 02:14 PM

lol, he changes his mind every hour, and usually just sounds like he is making stuff up.
He had LeBron going to Chicago for a few weeks, then he said Miami, he also has said most probably staying in Cleveland, he even finally mentioned the Nets a couple of days ago. Now he is interested in NY, Broussard is the worst of a bad bunch of 'experts'.

MJT91190
07-05-2010, 02:15 PM
this is not a shot at you in anyway but Chris Broussard is the worst most unknowledgable analyst on this planet.

Yes believe me I know and completely agree. As a Knicks fan though who has been hearing Broussard discount them in the whole thing, this makes me wonder optimistic, even coming from Broussard.

The Dream
07-05-2010, 02:15 PM
Amar'e and Knicks doing "drive-by tour" of neighborhoods near Westchester training center, then a stop at facility. Talk deal? We'll see.

http://twitter.com/alanhahn

bkmikeyy
07-05-2010, 02:19 PM
Now we'll see if Amare was just a product of Steve Nash.

We will never know since he will be running the same pick and rolls with Lebron next year...

Cubsfan365
07-05-2010, 02:19 PM
I don't understand what the big deal is here. Knicks fans are acting like they are contenders now. First of all the guy hasn't signed yet, and if D'Antoni and Amare couldn't win together in Phoenix with Steve Nash, then how will they do so in NY?

omdigga
07-05-2010, 02:24 PM
I don't understand what the big deal is here. Knicks fans are acting like they are contenders now. First of all the guy hasn't signed yet, and if D'Antoni and Amare couldn't win together in Phoenix with Steve Nash, then how will they do so in NY?

its a big deal for knick fans because Amare gives us hope to sign another big FA.. the biggest knock against our team is that there is nobody on our roster.. that changes dramatically if we can add Amare..

The Dream
07-05-2010, 02:25 PM

Haha!

1. This is one step in the right direction
2. The FA period isn't over yet and of course we aren't done
3. The Suns are in the West, not the East
4. Knicks haven't had a star in years so pardon us if we're excited?
5. oh my gooood we dared LEBRON THE KING TO FIT INTO MJ's SHOES! LMAO, real smart

Kidd>>>K-Mart
07-05-2010, 02:25 PM
Not true at all, a Net fan would say that though, since he needs the Knicks to struggle in the hopes of "winning" over NY fans so he doesn't have to sit in an empty arena anymore.

I think the Knicks were linked to Bosh so much because it was rumored he had a strong Lebron connection but I wouldn't be surprised if Amare was their first choice. MDA is obviously very close with Amare and they had some successful seasons together. Plus Amare is much more fit to play center if need be, Bosh is too soft and not athletic enough to maximize his potential in the Knicks system. Plus the pick and roll with Amare and Bron would be unstoppable. I really think Amare is a much better fit for NY.

If LeBron wants to play in New York it will be in a Net uniform. Amare needs one more injury and he is on the decline. Favors>Amare after this season.

oak2455
07-05-2010, 02:26 PM
its a big deal for knick fans because Amare gives us hope to sign another big FA.. the biggest knock against our team is that there is nobody on our roster.. that changes dramatically if we can add Amare..

I think its soooo funny then they sign LBJ and well your still not that good, ****in love it!!!!!!!:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

oak2455
07-05-2010, 02:27 PM
Really you moved to Crooklyn??

The Dream
07-05-2010, 02:28 PM
if lebron wants to play in new york it will be in a net uniform. Amare needs one more injury and he is on the decline. Favors>amare after this season.

lol

I think its soooo funny then they sign LBJ and well your still not that good, ****in love it!!!!!!!:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
lmao gotta love it

bkmikeyy
07-05-2010, 02:36 PM
If LeBron wants to play in New York it will be in a Net uniform. Amare needs one more injury and he is on the decline. Favors>Amare after this season.

You mean New Jersey??? I'm pretty sure thats where the Nets will play for the forseeable future. And for fans of a team that had to go on a late season run to avoid being the WORST TEAM IN NBA HISTORY you guys are pretty cocky. Your roster hasn't improved and probably gotten worse since your magical 12 win season.
This is the same team that couldn't sell out when they were going to the finals wooo bandagon fans are awesome. Favors has done NOTHING so far and for all you know could be a bust, rookies have ZERO affect on where free agents go (maybe 1st pick). Now that the Nets no longer have to shoot out free burritos every 5 minutes to keep the 5,000 fans in their seats and hand out reversible jerseys in order to at least make some money, Nets fans are coming out like they are some kind of future dynasty.
Face it once Amare goes to NY, Bosh to Houston, Wade stays in Miami, JJ and Gay stayed, Miami gets on of Lee or Boozer who is really left for the Nets to pair with Lebron?? Sure he is going to play in NEW JERSEY without another max player coming with him because you believe Favors will be good, go check out how many #3 draft picks were complete busts.

Draco
07-05-2010, 02:39 PM
Haha!

1. This is one step in the right direction
2. The FA period isn't over yet and of course we aren't done
3. The Suns are in the West, not the East
4. Knicks haven't had a star in years so pardon us if we're excited?
5. oh my gooood we dared LEBRON THE KING TO FIT INTO MJ's SHOES! LMAO, real smart

I'm just as excited for you guys. ;)

KnicksorBust
07-05-2010, 02:40 PM
Get those in pieces. The Knicks, even with Amar'e have a terribly weak roster overall. Another max guy will just hurt the chances to build a solid overall team.

You start with Big 2 or 3 and then you fill in the rest. You don't get Amar'e and fill in the rest with mediocre players.

x2. Nice post digga

nystandup
07-05-2010, 02:45 PM

Nobody said we are contenders with an Amare signing. Don't you understand he is the best player that we have had in a long time. Why wouldn't we be excited. Things can only get better from here.

abe_froman
07-05-2010, 02:50 PM
Nobody said we are contenders with an Amare signing. Don't you understand he is the best player that we have had in a long time. Why wouldn't we be excited. Things can only get better from here.

it is and i hope it works for you but the prospect of getting amare would scare me(with that injury history and all),especially at that price

but like i said,i hope it works out for you guys

FarOutIos
07-05-2010, 02:52 PM
Not sure why this is such a surprise to some people. Amare CLEARLY wasn't going back to phoenix.

So what's left for him. NY, NJ, Miami... any others? NJ also just drafted Favors. Miami seems to be leaning to Bosh or Boozer. So really, this signing just seems like a given.

The bigger question is, will David Lee be dealt? And where to?

And here is where the competition starts. If NY can get Bosh, that changes everything. If Bosh goes to Miami, then Wade will be more likely to stay there.

Bornknick73
I think it's been fairly clear the Knicks were getting Amar'e since they offered him a max, why does this NOW intrigue Lebron?

Superstar signings:

Nets 0
Miami 0
Chicago 0
New York 1

So in the FA King James race of 2010 the Knicks have drawn first blood. Say what you want but if you went to James this very moment what are you gonna tell him? You signed...? Or better yet...you have a verbal commitment from who? Amar'e is gonna be a Knick, and If you think he hasnt already called Lebron I'll sell you the bridge youre coming over on in 2 years.

We flew to Cleveland to tell him we got someone ready to join him. A 5 time All-Star. Oh i forgot you have several 5 time All-Stars on your team. This isnt we might have or we might get...this is WE HAVE.

And unlike all the hearsay and rumors we've had to endure the past week this one happens to be true.

FIXED!

bkmikeyy
regardless of what the Knicks do it still leads to negativity. Who wants to be if he signed somewhere else there wouldn't be so many doubters about his health?

jtrinaldi
07-05-2010, 02:55 PM
Who cares where Amare goes?
FEAR THE DEER

FarOutIos
07-05-2010, 03:00 PM
Superstar signings:

Nets 0
Miami 0
Chicago 0
New York 1

So in the FA race of 2010 the Knicks have drawn first blood. Say what you want but if you went to James this very moment what are you gonna tell him? You signed...? Or better yet...you have a verbal commitment from who? Amar'e is gonna be a Knick, and If you think he hasnt already called Lebron I'll sell you the bridge youre coming over on in 2 years.

We flew to Cleveland to tell him we got someone ready to join him. A 5 time All-Star. Oh i forgot you have several 5 time All-Stars on your team. This isnt we might have or we might get...this is WE HAVE.

And unlike all the hearsay and rumors we've had to endure the past week this one happens to be true.

Seems like Joe Johnson and Rudy Gay were two free of the big free agents who were thought to be headed elsewhere. Including NY. So I would say the first blood was drawn by teams re-signing their players.

It's a good signing for NY... but this was one of the most obvious choices. It's an overvalued player with a big name signing for a team in need of a big name.

Not that that's a problem, but I'm not so surprised.

king4day
07-05-2010, 03:01 PM
Excellent move, but if they don't get a solid PG and a defensive center who can rebound (at the very least) they're in some trouble.
Tyson Chandler, next year, would be fantastic for them.

Bornknick73
07-05-2010, 03:01 PM
So lets go over what is currently true.

The Knicks now have a verbal commitment from a All-Star big man. Check. Our crappy roster is filled with 3pt shooters. Check. Now add a playmaker scorer and structurally we have a better team then anything the other teams can field. Other teams have to go out and buy shooters. We already have shooters. Now we have a All-Star big man....Throw in a playmaker like James and its a wrap. We can still get more players with the money we have left over because we dont have to buy shooters.

Dwight Howard made it to the Finals with just a All-Star bigman and shooters. Had he had the playmaker he would be kissing his ring right now.

KnicksorBust
07-05-2010, 03:03 PM
Seems like Joe Johnson and Rudy Gay were two free of the big free agents who were thought to be headed elsewhere. Including NY. So I would say the first blood was drawn by teams re-signing their players.

It's a good signing for NY... but this was one of the most obvious choices. It's an overvalued player with a big name signing for a team in need of a big name.

ATL and Memphis can't afford the other stars. Everyone has known for a long time now that Chicago, Miami, NY, and NJ were all considering tag-team signings and NY struck the first blow. We can argue how successful it is but right now I'm thrilled the first domino fell our way.

king4day
07-05-2010, 03:03 PM
Superstar signings:

Nets 0
Miami 0
Chicago 0
New York 1

So in the FA race of 2010 the Knicks have drawn first blood. Say what you want but if you went to James this very moment what are you gonna tell him? You signed...? Or better yet...you have a verbal commitment from who? Amar'e is gonna be a Knick, and If you think he hasnt already called Lebron I'll sell you the bridge youre coming over on in 2 years.

Chicago having Derrick Rose and Noah is still bigger than Amar'e IMO. It's up to the Knicks to sell their plan to Lebron now.

Bornknick73
07-05-2010, 03:04 PM

True but those teams are not involved in the Great James Chase. As far as the Chase goes we just hit our NOS.

Bornknick73
07-05-2010, 03:09 PM
Chicago having Derrick Rose and Noah is still bigger than Amar'e IMO. It's up to the Knicks to sell their plan to Lebron now.

Noah will NEVER be Amar'e. And Rose will have to play off the ball which hes never done in his entire basketball life. Add to the fact Chicago has no shooters....You guys better hit the NOS.

AddiX
07-05-2010, 03:11 PM
Knicks were real smart to make this move.

Bosh won't go anywhere unless it's a sign and trade which means a lot of teams who wanted him are out of the race because they simply don't have the pieces. His options are very slim and it makes it much harder for him to be teamed up with another max.

With us getting Amare (if it happens) it looks like the heat could not only not get a big man to support Wade, but he might leave too and either head to chitown or maybe even NY.

If he goes to Chitown you can cross off bron going there and he would basically pick between us and Cle.

In any case, all these teams who were supposedly in a much better position than us will lose out. I'm seeing a lot less smack talk lately from the haters and I honestly like our position the best right now.

h2r09
07-05-2010, 03:14 PM
the length of this deal will be yet another dumb move for the knicks. 3 years s from now you ill be paying far to much to a guy who wil be breaking down. unless you get lebron this will be a horrible move.

Draco
07-05-2010, 03:15 PM
Noah will NEVER be Amar'e. And Rose will have to play off the ball which hes never done in his entire basketball life. Add to the fact Chicago has no shooters....You guys better hit the NOS.

I agree, he plays defense.

arosen36
07-05-2010, 03:16 PM
hahaha amare sucks

Bornknick73
07-05-2010, 03:17 PM
Lets keep this in perspective tho:

Our roster suck
Our GM is a wheelchair bound moron
Our Coach is a bum
Our city is the crappiest in the world and isnt by far the financial capitol of THE WORLD. And I can go to the ends of the earth and no one has ever heard of us.

:facepalm: Yeah we got no chance at King James.

arosen36
07-05-2010, 03:17 PM
Knicks were real smart to make this move.

Bosh won't go anywhere unless it's a sign and trade which means a lot of teams who wanted him are out of the race because they simply don't have the pieces. His options are very slim and it makes it much harder for him to be teamed up with another max.

With us getting Amare (if it happens) it looks like the heat could not only not get a big man to support Wade, but he might leave too and either head to chitown or maybe even NY.

If he goes to Chitown you can cross off bron going there and he would basically pick between us and Cle.

In any case, all these teams who were supposedly in a much better position than us will lose out. I'm seeing a lot less smack talk lately from the haters and I honestly like our position the best right now.

hahahaha, do you really really think that lebron is gonna be a knick? like really?

Bornknick73
07-05-2010, 03:20 PM
I agree, he plays defense.

Dont leave out...Noah shoots at a high %, can play the P&R, can command a double team, and he can draw fouls and get to the line.

abe_froman
Excellent move, but if they don't get a solid PG and a defensive center who can rebound (at the very least) they're in some trouble.
Tyson Chandler, next year, would be fantastic for them.

he reupped,but trading for him or getting say a haywood would be perfect

arosen36
knicks have no shot at lebron... none, they signed amare to a max deal even though hes not worth half a max deal, it is hilarious that they couldnt do any better than amare "what is defense" stoudemire, the knicks are irrelevant in the nba

arosen36
07-05-2010, 03:21 PM
Dont leave out...Noah shoots the lights out, can play the P&R, can command a double team, and he can draw fouls and get to the line.

amare sucks, hes 6'11" and cant rebound, theres a reason that nobody else would give him a max deal

Draco
07-05-2010, 03:22 PM
ATL and Memphis can't afford the other stars. Everyone has known for a long time now that Chicago, Miami, NY, and NJ were all considering tag-team signings and NY struck the first blow. We can argue how successful it is but right now I'm thrilled the first domino fell our way.

Fair enough.. here's something I'd be looking at if I were a Knicks fan. It's chris sheridan, so I'm taking it with a grain of salt. But you guys will probably be doing back flips.

As was reported by ESPN.com, the Knicks told Stoudemire they have a willingness to offer him a five-year max contract, with everything contingent on what James decides to do....

...In reality, however, Stoudemire will be seeking employment elsewhere if James tells the Knicks he wants to play in New York alongside a different big man.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5355032

FarOutIos
07-05-2010, 03:22 PM
True but those teams are not involved in the Great James Chase. As far as the Chase goes we just hit our NOS.

OK. If your strictly speaking from a Lebron James standpoint, this helps. But I think Bosh is the key.

The Jokemaker
07-05-2010, 03:23 PM
the length of this deal will be yet another dumb move for the knicks. 3 years s from now you ill be paying far to much to a guy who wil be breaking down. unless you get lebron this will be a horrible move.

Wow a Heat fan is saying this who wants to keep Wade? The guy that constantly throws his body into the paint and has had an injury history similar to Amare's. That doesn't make any sense.

And you know, it wasn't that long ago I remember being on here and seeing heat fans with Amare in their sig hoping and praying Riley would trade for Amare to pair with Wade. Now Amare is overrated and on the verge of a complete physical breakdown with each step.

And anybody that would honestly take Noah over Amare has some serious problems. Amare is a star in this league which is something Noah will never be. Amare has had huge playoff games that led to his team winning crucial playoff games. Noah gets points for being active and being an energy guy but honestly I'd rather have Luis Sciola over Noah.

arosen36
07-05-2010, 03:24 PM
Fair enough.. here's something I'd be looking at if I were a Knicks fan. It's chris sheridan, so I'm taking it with a grain of salt. But you guys will probably be doing back flips.

which he wont, because he doesnt want to be a knickerbocker, the knicks arent getting anybody besides amare who is a bum, the knicks are done

goose15
07-05-2010, 03:24 PM
Amare will shine in NY... C'mon Lebron

Raidaz4Life
07-05-2010, 03:25 PM
Great news for NY

howiend
07-05-2010, 03:25 PM
here is what i am thinking:

wade, boozer in miami
bosh in chicago
amare to ny
lebron in cleveland

arosen36
07-05-2010, 03:26 PM
Wow a Heat fan is saying this who wants to keep Wade? The guy that constantly throws his body into the paint and has had an injury history similar to Amare's. That doesn't make any sense.

And you know, it wasn't that long ago I remember being on here and seeing heat fans with Amare in their sig hoping and praying Riley would trade for Amare to pair with Wade. Now Amare is overrated and on the verge of a complete physical breakdown with each step.

And anybody that would honestly take Noah over Amare has some serious problems. Amare is a star in this league which is something Noah will never be. Amare has had huge playoff games that led to his team winning crucial playoff games. Noah gets points for being active and being an energy guy but honestly I'd rather have Luis Sciola over Noah.

noah gets 10 more rebounds a game than amare, amare sucks

arosen36

:facepalm:

Bornknick73
amare sucks, hes 6'11" and cant rebound, theres a reason that nobody else would give him a max deal

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.....a 5 time All-Star and hes a bum. Boy you guys are really reaching. And last I checked JJ isnt worth it either, but teams have money and to win you have to spend it. Players have been over paid since the start of FA back in the 70s where have you been?

arosen36
07-05-2010, 03:27 PM
here is what i am thinking:

wade, boozer in miami
bosh in chicago
amare to ny
lebron in cleveland

i could see that happening, in which case the knicks end in the bottom 3 teams in the east

Slimsim
07-05-2010, 03:27 PM
Good move Amare is only 27 he's not 30 he's still in His prime. Either way No matter what the Knicks do Their will always be Haters.

arosen36
07-05-2010, 03:28 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.....a 5 time All-Star and hes a bum. Boy you guys are really reaching. And last I checked JJ isnt worth it either, but teams have money and to win you have to spend it. Players have been over paid since the start of FA back in the 70s where have you been?

and how many times does it work out, i didnt say jj wasnt overpaid, 5 time all star doesnt mean chicken *****, the knicks wont win with amare because nash made amare

GIANTS4LIFE28
Dont leave out...Noah shoots at a high %, can play the P&R, can command a double team, and he can draw fouls and get to the line.

Once he's at the line how many FT will he make???:drool:

Draco
Good move Amare is only 27 he's not 30 he's still in His prime. Either way No matter what the Knicks do Their will always be Haters.

He'll be 28 in November.

arosen36

and what the knicks do is lose

KnicksorBust

Yeah it really seems like LeBron has the itch to play with Bosh which would make him the #1 bigman target. Also, reports say Toronto AND David Lee are both totally open to a S&T for Bosh. Toronto likes Lee and Lee wants that 6th year. It just takes Bosh saying yes. It makes me wonder how Amar'e feels and how long this takes... because like Adande says they are going to lock down that deal today and that totally closes the Bosh door.

Bornknick73
07-05-2010, 03:29 PM

Noah averages 18-19 rebounds a game? Dude your comments are so uneducated and hateful......its almost laughable how hard you are trying to **** on us. Lol. Noah is a garbage man with no offensive skill and will never be better than Camby. Get real.

The Jokemaker

Wow did Amare steal your lunch money or something? You sure do hate the guy. And he really averages 10 more rebounds a game than Amare? Really? Got the stats to back that up because from what I just saw, Amare averaged 8.9 and Noah had 11. Now I can count and subtract, and from what I see, that Looks like a 2.1 difference in rebounds per game.

FarOutIos
So lets go over what is currently true.

The Knicks now have a verbal commitment from a All-Star big man. Check. Our crappy roster is filled with 3pt shooters. Check. Now add a playmaker scorer and structurally we have a better team then anything the other teams can field. Other teams have to go out and buy shooters. We already have shooters. Now we have a All-Star big man....Throw in a playmaker like James and its a wrap. We can still get more players with the money we have left over because we dont have to buy shooters.

Dwight Howard made it to the Finals with just a All-Star bigman and shooters. Had he had the playmaker he would be kissing his ring right now.

Actually, I think the Clippers are the best fit for Lebron. I'm not a clipper fan, but other than the owner being a problem, they have the MOST talent to offer right away.

Both LAL and BOS are deep in big men. Clippers have Kaman, Griffin and DeAndre Jordan. As for shooters, they have Eric Gordon. And drafted Willie Warren who can also shoot good. Also, they have a top pick in Aminu.

I think your definition of filling a good team is skewed. The Lakers, who are campions, and the Celtics should be the mold for a good team. Not Orlando with one dominant big man.

Slimsim
07-05-2010, 03:31 PM
and what the knicks do is lose

Quiet Troll.

arosen36
Wow did Amare steal your lunch money or something? You sure do hate the guy. And he really averages 10 more rebounds a game than Amare? Really? Got the stats to back that up because from what I just saw, Amare averaged 8.9 and Noah had 11. Now I can count and subtract, and from what I see, that Looks like a 2.1 difference in rebounds per game.

i dont hate amare, im just saying if i was a knicks fan i would hate this signing, whatever though, throw your parade

goose15
i could see that happening, in which case the knicks end in the bottom 3 teams in the east

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Knicks arent done yet buddy...

abe_froman
07-05-2010, 03:32 PM

yeah nobody was hating on him during the playoffs or anything:rolleyes:

...my god,you guys have such a victim complex

arosen36
Quiet Troll.

maybe amare will get them to 30 wins next year

themadstork
Lets keep this in perspective tho:

Our roster suck
Our GM is a wheelchair bound moron
Our Coach is a bum
Our city is the crappiest in the world and isnt by far the financial capitol of THE WORLD. And I can go to the ends of the earth and no one has ever heard of us.

:facepalm: Yeah we got no chance at King James.

Your roster is lacking.
Your GM is in a wheelchair, and while he drafted Reggie Miller...his resume is good, not great. Conversely, your owner is an all-time horror show.
Your city is wonderful, but so overrated and aggrandized by its inhabitants, its makes it very difficult for anyone not in its thrall to give it a chance.

And you have no chance at LeBron James.

Knick fans have got to stop it with the alternating arrogance and paranoia if they want to have a civil conversation with folks from other cities.

-Stork

edit: Oh yeah, your coach does not care about defense...which, of course, wins championships.

Bornknick73
07-05-2010, 03:33 PM
Actually, I think the Clippers are the best fit for Lebron. I'm not a clipper fan, but other than the owner being a problem, they have the MOST talent to offer right away.

Both LAL and BOS are deep in big men. Clippers have Kaman, Griffin and DeAndre Jordan. As for shooters, they have Eric Gordon. And drafted Willie Warren who can also shoot good. Also, they have a top pick in Aminu.

I think your definition of filling a good team is skewed. The Lakers, who are campions, and the Celtics should be the mold for a good team. Not Orlando with one dominant big man.

If the Clippers werent the CLippers I would definitely be afraid of them in the Great James Chase. The Clips are definitely the best fit but he isnt going there so it doesnt even matter to count them as competition. But you are 100% correct. But you have to agree if Orlando had someone who could score at will to go with that big man and his shooters they would have beat the Lakers.

Slimsim

That would be a improvement.

omdigga
:)

damn.. just cause u couldnt cut it in the big city doesnt mean nobody can.. take some deep breaths.. realize that new york is to big of a city not to be relevant.. when we say we're the best its not cause we're cocky.. its cause we're confident..

The Jokemaker
07-05-2010, 03:34 PM
i dont hate amare, im just saying if i was a knicks fan i would hate this signing, whatever though, throw your parade

I'm not a knicks fan. The Knicks signed (potentially) one of the top FA's availble and that is a good move. They improved their roster, increased their leverage to sign Lebron, and got a player that fits their system. And I argue with you because you make outlandish ridiculous claims that make zero sense.

Sandman
07-05-2010, 03:35 PM
and how many times does it work out, i didnt say jj wasnt overpaid, 5 time all star doesnt mean chicken *****, the knicks wont win with amare because nash made amare

Marky Mark don't be a hater. Amare won Rookie of the Year straight from High School to the NBA. He was the first guy to do it, and along with LeBron, they're the only guys to do it. That was before Nash. And he averaged 20-9 in his second year. Nash didnt arrive until his third season.

arosen36
07-05-2010, 03:35 PM
I'm not a knicks fan. The Knicks signed (potentially) one of the top FA's availble and that is a good move. They improved their roster, increased their leverage to sign Lebron, and got a player that fits their system. And I argue with you because you make outlandish ridiculous claims that make zero sense.

signing an overrated guy to a max contract is a good move to you, not to me

arosen36
07-05-2010, 03:36 PM
Marky Mark don't be a hater. Amare won Rookie of the Year straight from High School to the NBA. He was the first guy to do it, and along with LeBron, they're the only guys to do it. That was before Nash. And he averaged 20-9 in his second year. Nash didnt arrive until his third season.

and what has he ever won, i dont care about stats, i want my teams to win

Slimsim
07-05-2010, 03:37 PM
yeah nobody was hating on him during the playoffs or anything:rolleyes:

...my god,you guys have such a victim complex

If the Knicks got bosh people would hate on him even more.

knicks09
07-05-2010, 03:38 PM

Yea maybe. But it's funny how we won more than 30 games last year without Amare right ??

arosen36
07-05-2010, 03:38 PM
If the Knicks got bosh people would hate on him even more.

bosh is overrated too, but he at least plays defense

Sandman
07-05-2010, 03:39 PM

You're right, I'm blind.

I hear Steve Kerr is available, he would fit in D'Antoni's system. We're going after the wrong Phoenix Sun.

arosen36
Yea maybe. But it's funny how we won more than 30 games last year without Amare right ??

did you? fact check that boy:facepalm:

HOZ THE KNICK
amare will beast in the east.........

Slimsim

I'm Curious what team do you cheer for ?

Sandman
07-05-2010, 03:40 PM

They won 29. :facepalm: Don't help the hater.

KnicksorBust
Your roster is lacking.
Your GM is in a wheelchair, and while he drafted Reggie Miller...his resume is good, not great. Conversely, your owner is an all-time horror show.
Your city is wonderful, but so overrated and aggrandized by its inhabitants, its makes it very difficult for anyone not in its thrall to give it a chance.

And you have no chance at LeBron James.

Knick fans have got to stop it with the alternating arrogance and paranoia if they want to have a civil conversation with folks from other cities.

-Stork

If you want to have a civil conversation then make real points instead of speaking in generalities and stop making jokes about people in wheelchairs.

arosen36
amare will beast in the east.........

i guess we will see about that

bkmikeyy
07-05-2010, 03:41 PM
He is a top 4-5 FA in this free agency, how can signing him with money left for another one be seen as anything but a positive? People really need to relax, I would take Amare at his 17 mill over Boozer at 14-15 and Amare is a better fit for NY than Bosh. You guys realize that saving 3-4 million in the long run means nothing, because once these signings put us over the cap, in future years we will have an MLE worth almost 6 million which is better than signing Boozer and being 3-4 million under the cap in 2011 and not getting an MLE. If the Knicks manage to trade Curry I'd much rather have Amare + Max FA + MLE, then Boozer + Max FA and 4 million left over.

arosen36
07-05-2010, 03:41 PM
I'm Curious what team do you cheer for ?

my team sucks too, but i am at least honest about it, and i would take the sixers roster over the knicks, we will be above them in the standings next year

Slimsim
07-05-2010, 03:42 PM
my team sucks too, but i am at least honest about it, and i would take the sixers roster over the knicks, we will be above them in the standings next year

then shouldn't you be worried about your own team and not sit around and bash the Knicks ?

RaiderLakersA's
07-05-2010, 03:43 PM
Is this a done deal yet?

bkmikeyy
bosh is overrated too, but he at least plays defense

Bosh was on one of the worst defensive teams the NBA has ever seen. If Bosh is overrated who is worth the max? Only Wade and Lebron? Unfortunately in this market everyone knew at least the top 6 FAs are going to get the max, not like the Knicks did something out of the norm.

Bornknick73

SShhhh thats too much fact for hater boy. He'll come back with some nonsense to support his uneducated claims.

And to be perfectly honest NYC is in a state of defense. Every City in the race seems fixated on us. They all want to bash NYC. We havent bashed any city but every city wants to bash us. Then we are arrogant when we call out their blatant hate against us. The bulls forum had like 7 threads with NY or Knicks in the title. How many threads in the Knicks forum with Chi or Bulls in thier title? 1 by a Bulls fan. After I called them out on it 6 of those threads disappeared. If NY is no threat and we suck then take our cities name out of your mouths. We have no chance and arent worth talking about. Your continued NYC bashing seems to dictate otherwise.

Irrelevance is a subject not needing to be spoken about. So stop speaking about us if we are so irrelevant.

Slimsim
07-05-2010, 03:46 PM
SShhhh thats too much fact for hater boy. He'll come back with some nonsense to support his uneducated claims.

And to be perfectly honest NYC is in a state of defense. Every City in the race seems fixated on us. They all want to bash NYC. We havent bashed any city but every city wants to bash us. Then we are arrogant when we call out their blatant hate against us. The bulls forum had like 7 threads with NY or Knicks in the title. How many threads in the Knicks forum with Chi or Bulls in thier title? 1 by a Bulls fan. After I called them out on it 6 of those threads disappeared. If NY is no threat and we suck then take our cities name out of your mouths. We have no chance and arent worth talking about. Your continued NYC bashing seems to dictate otherwise.

Irrelevance is a subject not needing to be spoken about. So stop speaking about us if we are so irrelevant.

I'm glad you brought this up We must be some sorta threat if people seems to care about what the Knicks do. Epically Chicago.

Slimsim
07-05-2010, 03:47 PM
no, because my team doesnt have stupid fans that think they are getting lebron james, my team got better, yours didnt

your team got better ? How so

knicks09
07-05-2010, 03:48 PM
did you? fact check that boy:facepalm:

We won 32 games 2008-2009 season without Amare. Get your facts right before you talk *****. Your mad because Amare is comin to NY, stop crying

Sandman
07-05-2010, 03:53 PM
no,
The Knicks have a young roster and only one long term commitment (potential signing of Amare Stoudemire) and 15-30 million dollars in cap room.

They won 29 games last year, they're rebuilding, and they're getting better. The Sixers are headed straight back to the lottery, probably a top 5 pick.

Once Donnie's done coming back from his surgery, Elton Brand can have his wheelchair. Here's a nice read for you.

Summer of '13, Sixers Time to Shine (http://www.libertyballers.com/2010/7/3/1550799/the-summer-of-13-sixers-time-to)

So, while you're reading about the Knicks, Bulls and Heat chasing LeBron James, you can put your tail between your legs, and start praying for Dwight Howard.

IndiansFan337
07-05-2010, 03:53 PM

Now he just needs a playmaking PG or swingman.

bkmikeyy
07-05-2010, 03:57 PM
The Knicks have a young roster and only one long term commitment (potential signing of Amare Stoudemire) and 15-30 million dollars in cap room.

They won 29 games last year, they're rebuilding, and they're getting better. The Sixers are headed straight back to the lottery, probably a top 5 pick.

Once Donnie's done coming back from his surgery, Elton Brand can have his wheelchair. Here's a nice read for you.

Summer of '13, Sixers Time to Shine (http://www.libertyballers.com/2010/7/3/1550799/the-summer-of-13-sixers-time-to)

So, while you're reading about the Knicks, Bulls and Heat chasing LeBron James, you can put your tail between your legs, and start praying for Dwight Howard.

haha well said

Wrigheyes4MVP
07-05-2010, 03:59 PM

Haha I think that would actually be a good thing for the Sixers...another top 5 pick could really help them if they make it count.

themadstork
07-05-2010, 04:01 PM
If you want to have a civil conversation then make real points instead of speaking in generalities and stop making jokes about people in wheelchairs.

Son, those are real points. And I made no crack about the wheelchair.

-Stork

3RDASYSTEM
07-05-2010, 04:04 PM
To whoever is postin that AMARE is a product of NASH, it looks like they are a product of MIKE D. system cause since it seems people forget they struggled after they hired PORTER and changed to his slow down/half court OFF,especially NASH,his assists went down damn near 3/4 per ..then xcelled when they went back to Run n Gun style and let Gentry take over who went back to MIKE D system....how can a PG make your career when you came strait out of HS playing PF in the NBA and a physical specimen who can play and was destroying whoever and at the time he came in... Marbury was the PG for Suns and so did Marbury create STAT?And i guess he destroyed Duncan in that WCF where he avg like 37 and 9 cause of NASH?...and having the freakish physical ability to play out of position Center....

More-Than-Most
07-05-2010, 04:07 PM
As I said in the other thread... I think a max contract to Amare is a waste... You don't give 100 mill to a guy because he can score... You have to look at his all around game and that being said his defense is horrible. Sorry this is not a great signing... The knicks are getting a very good player with a very bad contract. You should also worry about the Nash effect... Every player besides Joe Johnson whom played with Nash and left ended up being a shell of their former selves. I don't think that will happen to Amare but I do think it should be taken into consideration.

Bornknick73
07-05-2010, 04:07 PM
Do the Yankees make you Sad ?

Lol, my brother i think the Yankees make everybody sad. Another reason to hate NYC. And probably the biggest.

THE MTL
07-05-2010, 04:10 PM
Good for the Knicks.

Failing at another max? Thats what they said about the first one......

arkanian215
07-05-2010, 04:10 PM
Amar'e Stoudemire's 5-year, $100 mil deal is negotiated and on cusp of agreement, league source tells Y! Amar'e and Dolan have 4 pm meeting.

Knicks and agent Happy Walters worked out "finer" points of deal, 4 pm meeting and presentation w/ owner and then Amar'e must give final nodhttp://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA

Almost there.

Bornknick73
07-05-2010, 04:13 PM

Lol I thought everyone said we were striking out totally? First max? Second MAx? LOL we were supposed to get no MAX!! Funny how we are the only team in the race to sign a Max who had the worst chances.

arkanian215
07-05-2010, 04:14 PM
Congrats man. Amar'e might not rebound like Lee but he's a beast scorer.

nystandup
07-05-2010, 04:14 PM
i'll be happy when we know it's agreed to for sure, until then i'm just another worried knick fan

ElMarroAfamado
07-05-2010, 04:18 PM
haha at people getting happy at getting Amare like if he cant contribute and help a team make the playoffs..cmon now

Weezy
07-05-2010, 04:40 PM
Now he just needs a playmaking PG or swingman.

Yea you are right. I am not sure who is out there in FA. The only one that comes to mind is Felton...

blastmasta26
07-05-2010, 04:56 PM
Yea you are right. I am not sure who is out there in FA. The only one that comes to mind is Felton...
I don't even know how good of a playmaker Felton is. Really LeBron is the only guy available that can create for others well. Maybe if we got extremely lucky, we could pull off a trade for CP3 or Collison, but it's unlikely.

Jays Claw
07-05-2010, 05:09 PM
I'm really excited to see how Amare Stoudemire does without Steve Nash.

Bornknick73
07-05-2010, 05:14 PM
If Amar'e works half as good as this moderator is we're in great shape:clap:

Bornknick73
07-05-2010, 05:16 PM
I'm really excited to see how Amare Stoudemire does without Steve Nash.

You can watch him on some old NBA footage his first 2 years in the league when he won Rookie Of the Year and averaged about 20 and 9. Without Nash.

I'd like to know Nash's stats in Dallas without Amar'e.

ManRam
07-05-2010, 05:21 PM
So, the update.

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/38097888/ns/sports-player_news/

Amare Stoudemire toured New York and met with Knicks representatives on Monday, but team president Donnie Walsh said there has been no verbal commitment.
"He's here visiting, but we're not there yet," said Walsh. It appears that Amare might be hedging his bets until LeBron announces his decision, and he might follow through with scheduled meetings with the Nets and Bulls. Nevertheless, NY reportedly has a max offer on the table and it would be shocking if he lands elsewhere.

Nirvanaskurdt
07-05-2010, 05:23 PM
You can watch him on some old NBA footage his first 2 years in the league when he won Rookie Of the Year and averaged about 20 and 9. Without Nash.

I'd like to know Nash's stats in Dallas without Amar'e.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3103/career;_ylt=Aj2_XBWm62925A3YHPM39cwZPKB4

evadatam5150
07-05-2010, 05:24 PM

This can become official any minute now. They're running the contract right now:clap:

big day for Knick fans!!

I don't know but how does this signing help the Knicks..?? Providing that's the only piece they get, I'm not so sure that's a piece that put's them over.. Amare's a fine player but he's not a legit superstar who put's you over the top alone..

PrestigeWldWde
07-05-2010, 05:24 PM

big day for Knick fans!!

With all those free agents out there...and THIS is a big day for Knicks fans?
Wow.:facepalm:

DWills
07-05-2010, 05:30 PM

wtf??? lol, whos the first one??? please dont say amar'e.....hes only a max guy cause the knicks are dumb enough to give it to him......there's a reason why the Suns told him to go pound salt......

amar'e is not a max contract guy......enjoy that contract in two years

FrenchSunsFan
07-05-2010, 05:37 PM
First you sign Mike ' .Antoni and next Amar'e Stou.emire :)

Slimsim
07-05-2010, 05:38 PM
I don't know but how does this signing help the Knicks..?? Providing that's the only piece they get, I'm not so sure that's a piece that put's them over.. Amare's a fine player but he's not a legit superstar who put's you over the top alone..

There's only 1 LBJ and 6 teams we were the underdogs going into FA. Knicks can't afford to wait For LBJ an Bosh and D wade seem to make this FA into a Twitter game. Amare is one of the Few players who Don't mind coming to NY even though he knows how bad we have been for the pass 10 years. As a Knicks Fan i would rather have Amare and possibly Monta Ellis in a sign and trade for lee then waiting on LBJ who might stay in Cleveland and miss out on all the good players even if they aren't on LBJ level.

The Jokemaker
07-05-2010, 05:39 PM
wtf??? lol, whos the first one??? please dont say amar'e.....hes only a max guy cause the knicks are dumb enough to give it to him......there's a reason why the Suns told him to go pound salt......

What people fail to realize, including you, is that if the Knicks had not given him this contract, someone else would have. There are teams out there with money to spend and now only 4 stars. Every one of those guys is going to get a max contract. Bosh will, Stoudemire will, and Joe Johnson did. It's the market. Are they worthy? That's obviously debatable but its the market that dictates your pay. Say Bosh got traded to Houston, next guy the Bulls, Nets and Heat would have lined up for would be Amare offering max contracts.

Yeah and the reason the Suns told him to go pound salt is because that franchise has been notoriously cheap the past few years. Sold first round picks to save money, traded away Joe Johnson to save money, traded first round picks to save money, and now they left Stoudemire walk to save money.

Slimsim
07-05-2010, 05:40 PM

Joe Johnson and Bosh aren't max guys neither but they are going to get paid regardless.

MJT91190
07-05-2010, 05:42 PM
SI reported first and just heard on ESPN NY that the deal is done. Welcome to the Knicks Amare.

ManRam
07-05-2010, 05:47 PM
For the sake of decluttering....all this Amare talk can go here now.

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=504118

Reports suggest a deal is imminent, or even already verbally agreed upon.