PDA

View Full Version : Reports: Bosh Leaning Towards Houston

dstruong
07-05-2010, 01:19 PM
http://www.nbadaily.net/mainstory.cfm?articleid=79

Take it for what it is, but Twitter is abuzz with word that Chris Bosh may have chosen his desired free agent destination, after he "got a chance to clear his mind".

With stories, and quotes from Bosh, saying how much he loved his trip home to Dallas and heartily enjoyed time with his family - big gatherings, meals, and a trip to church.

Thinking is that his trip home may have made him realize how much he loves being around his home turf, even if he doesn't want to be directly in his hometown of Dallas - siting the added pressure and requests for his time in that setting. A return to another Texas city would certainly allow more of a buffer, and more trips home.

He HAS, however, met with the Rockets and left very impressed with what they had to offer. Playing alongside a healthy Yao Ming, Aaron Brooks, Luis Scola, and whatever group of wings they keep in a sign & trade (Battier, Ariza, Martin, Budinger), would certainly give a strong level of competition for playoff success.

He would get to be the man, but in a much more balanced attack of star power. Yao would still get most global media attention, but Bosh would get more touches on offense!

Maybe he's still liking the idea of following Dwayne or LeBron around, but if he goes anywhere without those two - Houston is tops on the list, with Chicago being a close second.

If Bosh has in fact chosen Houston, it's a best case scenario for a Raptors team if they're looking to add player assets to their club. They may already have wings Hedo Turkoglu, DeMar DeRozan, Sonny Weems and Marco Bellineli under contract, but that list of names also suggests that there's room for an upgrade.

Battier would add the veteran leadership, class and hard-nosed defense that the Raptors sorely lack.

Ariza would offer athleticism on the wing to run alongside the young guns.

K-Mart would add another lethal offensive weapon to a team that may be better served to add some stoppers. (Still fun to picture them scoring 120 points a night with him there!).

Aaron Brooks would be the dream situation, but he's badly needed in Houston, with a considerable dropoff to back-up Kyle Lowry running the show.

Word is expected to officially come down soon on Bosh's choice, and here's hoping it's located deep in the heart of Texas.

dstruong
07-05-2010, 01:20 PM
donno how creditable this is. but who's source is creditable now a days...

ChiSox219
07-05-2010, 01:23 PM
http://www.nbadaily.net/mainstory.cfm?articleid=79

Some of the things said in this article makes me wonder if the author knows anything at all.

marlinsfan24
07-05-2010, 01:23 PM
I wonder how Bash's signing will affect Bosh

ManRam
07-05-2010, 01:24 PM
Not sure how credible it is either...

But it might not matter where he wants to go. Toronto has supposedly been shooting down S&T offers from teams left and right...so if they don't want to move him to Houston, he's not going to Houston.

DaoudS
07-05-2010, 01:24 PM
nbadaily is the new real gm.

still1ballin
07-05-2010, 01:26 PM
Why would Bash want to go to Houston when he would have to deal with the Lakers. His best option is to stay with an eastern conference team.

SA5195
07-05-2010, 01:27 PM
I hope he does go to the West, so we only have to face him twice, and HOU has the best assests.

marlinsfan24
Don't believe anything till I see something official.

Mile High Champ
Word out of Toronto is that Houston is offering the best deal for Bosh. I have heard anything from battier, Ariza & Scola to Battier and Martin.

We shall see..

Geargo Wallace
I can't believe this "ROPORT!"

unwantedplayer
07-05-2010, 01:33 PM
My sources roported bash wuz goin to Miami

Gideon
07-05-2010, 01:34 PM
I don't believe in Bashing anyone no matter who Roports it!

5+7=DYNASTY!!!
07-05-2010, 01:35 PM
And when the Raptors don't want a S&T deal from the Rockets, what does Bosh do then?

RocketsRule
07-05-2010, 01:42 PM
Word out of Toronto is that Houston is offering the best deal for Bosh. I have heard anything from battier, Ariza & Scola to Battier and Martin.

We shall see..

I highly doubt we give up Battier and Martin. It would be something along the lines of Scola and Ariza/Battier along with some picks/young players.

DABOYZ82
07-05-2010, 01:52 PM
Whatttttt.... HOUSTON...... Why of all places Houston, I rather see him go to Dallas or San Antonio.....

Kakaroach
07-05-2010, 01:55 PM
Pretty huge if he does go to Houston, I'm guessing the S&T would center around Trevor Ariza.

The Jokemaker
07-05-2010, 01:55 PM
Houston would be a good fit for Bosh. Add him to that team and you got a new favorite to make the WCF.

And if he does come out and say he's heading to Houston, there goes that superteam notion.

rockets-fan
07-05-2010, 01:56 PM
Not sure how credible it is either...

But it might not matter where he wants to go. Toronto has supposedly been shooting down S&T offers from teams left and right...so if they don't want to move him to Houston, he's not going to Houston.

toronto is just doing that so everyone will give them more players...or better offers...do you thinkraptors wanna help form a superpower in the east?

nuggetsyankees
07-05-2010, 01:57 PM
it's more of an opinion

KnicksorBust
07-05-2010, 01:57 PM
Love it. Send another quality bigman to the West please! I actually think he'd be a great fit there too. Smart move for Houston. They get Kevin Martin and Ariza back? Is that the trade?

nuggetsyankees
07-05-2010, 01:58 PM
also, I would imagine the Rockets S&T Scola to the Raps in the same deal

Kakaroach
07-05-2010, 02:00 PM
Chris Bosh is expected to wait for LeBron James' decision before finalizing his next move.

When Bosh does announce his decision, it will likely involve a sign-and-trade so that he can make the maximum amount of money. The Raptors are willing to facilitate such a deal so long as they're getting back worthwhile assets. http://www.thestar.com/sports/basketball/nba/raptors/article/831928--raptors-shopping-while-chris-bosh-watch-drags-on

I'd assume Trevor Ariza+someone else or something would be worthwhile

Raidaz4Life
07-05-2010, 02:01 PM
Hmmm this could definitely make the Western Conference much more interesting, especially if the Rockets don't give up Martin in the deal.

redwhitenblue
07-05-2010, 02:02 PM
So a twitter tweet supposedly from non-Bosh people has that impact?

I don't see it, but if he does, good for him.

spreadeagle
07-05-2010, 02:05 PM
A sign and trade with Houston puts the Raptors in the playoffs most likely,If he just bolts for the heat we are set back like 5 years so houston I hope you get him and we get Martin and Scola

Ragun
07-05-2010, 02:07 PM
it has to include aaron brooks. weems and DD should start at SG and SF IMO.

JayHunter
07-05-2010, 02:11 PM
It's being said that he cares more about that extra year & 30 mil more than he cares about a ring

DP06
07-05-2010, 02:11 PM
BC will be pushing for as large as a TPE as possible in any trade...so therefore Ariza and Martin are out of the question. Since Scola is a free agent I expect him to command a high salary as well so he is probably out of the picture as well. That leaves Aaron Brooks and Shane Battier. Brooks is probably untouchable since Houston does not have much depth at pg beyond Kyle Lowry but I feel that they are pretty desperate to acquire Bosh so they might include him. Battier is exactly the type of veteran presence the Raptors need. If any deal does go down with Houston, I fully expect it to be Aaron Brooks or Shane Battier, Houston's 2011 1st round pick (via New York), and Jordan Hill plus what ever TPE they can get.

rockets-fan
07-05-2010, 02:14 PM
it has to include aaron brooks. weems and DD should start at SG and SF IMO.

rockets arent letting go of brooks...trust me if toronto didnt like the deal te rockets offered that didnt include brooks, morey will tell them to ******* off hes not a stupid gm.no way they let brooks go

Ragun
07-05-2010, 02:17 PM
rockets arent letting go of brooks...trust me if toronto didnt like the deal te rockets offered that didnt include brooks, morey will tell them to ******* off hes not a stupid gm.no way they let brooks go

anything is possible man.

lowry, martin, battier/ariza (whoever toronto gets), bosh, ming

thats still ****ing awesome. brooks is just a very talented scorer. rockets already have enough of that. lowry is the better defender and is also the better fit. if anything take calderon with bosh.

mike_noodles
07-05-2010, 02:21 PM
Don't be surprised if B-Co can convince the Rockets to give us Brooks, Scola and Martin for Bosh and either Turk/Calderon. You heard it here first, my sources are very reliable ;)

SC1211
07-05-2010, 02:22 PM

C'mon, this is my one problem with my fellow Rockets fans, overrating our players. If the choice is between Brooks and Bosh I'd take Bosh in a heartbeat. Brooks is good, but not a top 5 PG. Lowry is one of the best, if not the best back-up in the league and is more than capable of going into the starting line-up.

I see the most realistic deal, however, being: Scola, Battier, Hill and perhaps one of the NYK picks.

B2theRY
07-05-2010, 02:29 PM
I dont want Kevin Martin on the Raps.

nanablvd
07-05-2010, 02:30 PM
I'd not be surprised that Bosh loves being a Rocket. The whole China market will be waiting for him. Tmac, Francis, even Patterson have benefited financially from the China market. Bosh knew what it was like in beijing (alone) playing the Olympics.

ABOMB_56
07-05-2010, 02:30 PM
Don't be surprised if B-Co gets raped by Morey. Morey can convince the Raptors to take on Battier, Hill, Scola, and a draft pick for Bosh.
Fixed it for ya buddy :)

omdigga
07-05-2010, 02:32 PM
i like bosh on the rockets.. bosh and ming up front would be sick..

dstruong
07-05-2010, 02:36 PM
fixed it for ya buddy :)

+1

king4day
07-05-2010, 02:39 PM
If toronto can swing Ariza, Scola, and Battier for him, that would be a great trade for the Raps.
Even 2 of those 3 wouldn't be bad.

Could end up being a rare good trade for both sides.

For Houston, it won't make a difference to have Bosh if Yao can't stay healthy. That's what it'll come down to.

mike_noodles
07-05-2010, 02:41 PM
Fixed it for ya buddy :)

I would expect as much from someone who talks about pro wrestling in their sig. ;)

And actually the players you named is still better then the deal Miami or Chicago is offering, and btw, how did the Rockets get a hold of a Knicks pick? (not that it's a hard thing to do, they offered me one once for my little sister). But I had to turn it down since Isiah was still there :o

dbroncos78087
07-05-2010, 02:42 PM
Nowhere in the article itself does it say he is "leaning" towards Houston.

Bob_at_york
07-05-2010, 02:46 PM
Nowhere in the article itself does it say he is "leaning" towards Houston.

Correct. It was just a "writer" inferring some stuff. Until we get a real source I think this can be shutdown.