PDA

View Full Version : Do YOU Want Lou to Jump Off the Hancock Building?

BUD Bleachers
07-05-2010, 12:01 PM
Of course, I don't.

But, I think the Cubs should do him a favor and let him go.

He is simply stymied and completely nonplussed by this whole Cubs thing, last season, and moreover, this current season. The best is over for him and this franchise.

The organization should now do him a favor and let him live the rest of his life in peace. Sadly, he will go out on a sour note and join the ranks of another manger who couldn't lead the Cubs to the promised land. At least he's in good company.

If Hendry does ANYTHING good in moving forward with this team this season, he will put Lou Piniella out of his misery and respectfully extend him the professional courtesy of disconnecting him from this amalgam of losers.

Read these quotes, poor Lou is simply finished.

"They hit seven homers," manager Lou Piniella said. "You would think we would get a few balls up in the air and ride it out. The only guy who did that was (Tyler) Colvin."

"I'm fine. I am," Piniella said. "I don't like to lose, I don't think anybody does. But what am I going to do, jump off the Hancock building?

"Look, I care. I come here prepared to do a job and we do the best we can."

Well, Lou, the best you can simply isn't anywhere good enough. Time to move on.

Vandelay16
07-05-2010, 12:42 PM
Lou could just resign. I don't think a new manager is going to help this "team" but like you said put Lou out of his misery.

tonytram
07-05-2010, 12:58 PM
No I don't want Lou to jump off a building. It's not his the Lee and Aram suck this year.

Captain Obvious
07-05-2010, 01:53 PM
No, I don't want Lou to jump off a building, just you, BB.

Doogolas
07-05-2010, 02:04 PM
The only good thing about this thread is Captain Obvious' signature.

Yagyu+
07-05-2010, 02:38 PM
There really shouldn't be any negative reaction to this thread. We all know that Lou has done a poor job. The Cubs aren't losing strictly because of him, but just think of some of his lineups the past two seasons and how he's mismanaged players over the past three. BB put up a humorous quote by Lou and turned it into a thread. And nothing he said was inaccurate.

The only news we're really waiting for is how Byrd does at the All Star Game, who gets traded and for what, how we get seated in the draft, an idea of how our team will look next season, and how our players perform the rest of the way in the minors.

It's frustrating and people are going to lose interest.

I think we should get an Adopt a Prospect thing going again.

CUBDOM4life
07-05-2010, 02:45 PM
I just don't care at this point.

Yagyu+
07-05-2010, 02:56 PM
I just don't care at this point.

See! Look at what Lou has done to our poor Cubdom!

Nihilism.

We must act now.

s2obed
07-05-2010, 04:16 PM
No Lou shouldn't jump off. But 90% of this team should

zambo4president
07-05-2010, 06:25 PM
Im a diehard like all of us, but I've never gotten to this low of a point were I actually avoid looking at the boxscore, I DON'T watch the games, I just can't way too much frustration. Atleast the Hawks distracted us for a little while, but now that Baseball's the only sport going It's depressing. Lou come on, we all know if your gonna jump off a building it's go big or go home. Sears tower or bust.

Darwinist
07-05-2010, 07:33 PM
There really shouldn't be any negative reaction to this thread. We all know that Lou has done a poor job. The Cubs aren't losing strictly because of him, but just think of some of his lineups the past two seasons and how he's mismanaged players over the past three. BB put up a humorous quote by Lou and turned it into a thread. And nothing he said was inaccurate.

The only news we're really waiting for is how Byrd does at the All Star Game, who gets traded and for what, how we get seated in the draft, an idea of how our team will look next season, and how our players perform the rest of the way in the minors.

It's frustrating and people are going to lose interest.

I think we should get an Adopt a Prospect thing going again.

Everyone of his posts nearly puts the entire blame on JH and the organization, and that IS inaccurate.

Like Lou can't resign, it's up to JH and the organization to put him out of his misery. Funny how you seemed to know that people wouldn't like this thread and you were proactively trying to prevent any critical posts.

Yagyu+
07-05-2010, 08:19 PM
Everyone of his posts nearly puts the entire blame on JH and the organization, and that IS inaccurate.

Like Lou can't resign, it's up to JH and the organization to put him out of his misery. Funny how you seemed to know that people wouldn't like this thread and you were proactively trying to prevent any critical posts.

Maybe I misinterpreted what was said, but the way I view what was being communicated is that at this point Lou is more of a detriment than anything else to the players and the team via his mismanagement. I'm certainly not familiar with any tensions between Hendry and Piniella, or the extent that there have been differences over how some players have been used during his tenure. To me though, looking ahead toward the next five-ten years of this team, you must cut ties with dead weight, salvage the rest of the season as best you can, and get on with building the Ricketts' version of the Cubs beginning with this trade deadline.

I think Hendry got fcuked by Zell and the delay of the sale. Whatever blueprints Jim had laid out had to be scrapped. The team tanked in the playoffs two years straight, and what we're seeing now is the fallout from being unable to make the moves he wanted.

It's unfortunate that we'll never know what this team could have looked like had we not had the financial restrictions handcuffing Hendry the past two off seasons.

If BB has been blaming Hendry in other posts, then I missed those. Hendry generally gets more than he pays for in value for his players. My intention wasn't to proactively dog the dude. I posted because it seems there's been some knee-jerk hostility toward some posters lately and it takes away from the conversation to me. I have no idea who would replace Lou if he left -- same for Hendry -- but I won't be particularly sad to see either of them go if they happen to be getting in the way of new ownership restructuring the team.

sada21
07-05-2010, 08:49 PM
Whoever applied this thread doesnt understand that "the game is played on the field" just like lou always says the games played on the field, yeah the cubs arent doing good at all. and yeah lou seems like he doesnt care as much as a few years back but you can only blame him for so much. When your 3 and 4 hole hitters like lee and ramirez cant hit, of course your not gonna win. Just like any other team with 3 and 4 hole batters cant hit their not going to win either. so take it easy over there buddy

bulldog312
07-05-2010, 09:26 PM
Whoever applied this thread doesnt understand that "the game is played on the field" just like lou always says the games played on the field, yeah the cubs arent doing good at all. and yeah lou seems like he doesnt care as much as a few years back but you can only blame him for so much. When your 3 and 4 hole hitters like lee and ramirez cant hit, of course your not gonna win. Just like any other team with 3 and 4 hole batters cant hit their not going to win either. so take it easy over there buddy

Well, I do blame Lou that our 3 and 4 hitters aren't hitting. He should put players that are actually producing the the 3-4 hole.

Doogolas
07-05-2010, 09:47 PM
This is quite literally the worst thread ever made. Asking if I want someone dead? What a ****ing terrible thing to even suggest. And I don't care if Lou asked the question. It was clearly a joke. And making a thread asking it is ridiculous.

KOENIG
07-05-2010, 10:43 PM
Just keep using Marmol in non-save situations, Lou. We all know that every win is crucial because this team still has a chance. What a moron!

Randall Simon
07-05-2010, 11:10 PM
Is the man trying to lose his job? Well, he may very well be

jiggin
07-06-2010, 01:35 AM
lou should be fired for not getting hits in the game and not being able to keep the ball in the park when he is pitching.

zambo4president
07-06-2010, 01:37 AM
This is quite literally the worst thread ever made. Asking if I want someone dead? What a ****ing terrible thing to even suggest. And I don't care if Lou asked the question. It was clearly a joke. And making a thread asking it is ridiculous.

Calm down doog he's obviously not serious

JiffyMix88
07-06-2010, 02:06 AM
no he shouldnt and anybody who thinks he should i want you to kill urself slowly

flips333
07-06-2010, 05:43 PM
Really all this blame Lou sentiment is just silly.

BDawk4Prez
07-06-2010, 05:45 PM
Splat!!

Captain Obvious
07-06-2010, 10:46 PM
Really all this blame Lou sentiment is just silly.

Care to elaborate there?